The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Was Arnie dreaming in Total Recall?

+2
Cyril
superflyweight
6 posters

Go down

Was Arnie dreaming in Total Recall? Empty Was Arnie dreaming in Total Recall?

Post by Guest Sat 07 Sep 2013, 7:22 pm

What are those movie questions you'd love answered?

Here are 2 of mine:  

Was Arnie just dreaming in Total Recall or were his experiences real?  Was this revealed in the book?

Did the kid actually murder his father in 12 Angry Men?  Just imagine the twist if he had.  Was the kid's innocence or guilt ever revealed by the filmmakers?

Back to top Go down

Was Arnie dreaming in Total Recall? Empty Re: Was Arnie dreaming in Total Recall?

Post by superflyweight Sat 07 Sep 2013, 8:02 pm

I always assumed that the kid had killed his father. The film was more about challenging a jury system that had the jury finding him guilty based on prejudice rather than solid, incontrovertible evidence.

I've always wanted to know what Michael Caine's idea is at the end of the Italian Job.

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

Was Arnie dreaming in Total Recall? Empty Re: Was Arnie dreaming in Total Recall?

Post by Cyril Sat 07 Sep 2013, 9:37 pm

I've always wondered what happened to 'Chief' following his escape in Cuckoo's Nest.

Cyril

Back to top Go down

Post by Hulking_up Sat 07 Sep 2013, 10:34 pm

MediaCat wrote:
Was Arnie just dreaming in Total Recall or were his experiences real?  Was this revealed in the book?
For years after the first time i watched it i thought the ending was that Arnie woke up at the end of the film. Then years later i watched it again and he didn't, so what i thought i first saw was an alternate ending but no-one i know has ever seen him wake up so i must have dreamed it.

Hulking_up

Back to top Go down

Post by dummy_half Sun 08 Sep 2013, 10:02 am

MediaCat wrote:What are those movie questions you'd love answered?

Here are 2 of mine:  

Did the kid actually murder his father in 12 Angry Men?  Just imagine the twist if he had.  Was the kid's innocence or guilt ever revealed by the filmmakers?
Total Recall - at least as far as the film is made, Arnie's experiences were real.

12 Angry Men - It isn't made clear, nor does it really matter, although I think the evidence discussed (for example the way the killer wielded the knife) suggests that the killer wasn't the kid on trial rather more than just giving him the benefit of the doubt.

dummy_half

Back to top Go down

Post by The Saint Sun 08 Sep 2013, 2:07 pm

Once Upon A Time in America is one of the greatest films ever made. I think I've even watched the 4 hour version, and it's still left gaping holes for me.

How long does Noodles go away for?
Who was hit during the last robbery?
Where was James Woods' character all this time and where the hell did he vanish to right at the very end?
Was that his son and was the actress his spouse?

The Saint

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D Sun 08 Sep 2013, 2:20 pm

Hulking_up wrote:
MediaCat wrote:
For years after the first time i watched it i thought the ending was that Arnie woke up at the end of the film. Then years later i watched it again and he didn't, so what i thought i first saw was an alternate ending but no-one i know has ever seen him wake up so i must have dreamed it.
I saw the film in a Portuguese cinema upon its original release and the screen faded to white at the very end suggesting it was a dream. On the UK version it fades to black suggesting not.

All I know is that I still dream about 3 hooters on women.

Adam D
Founder
Founder

http://www.v2journal.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 08 Sep 2013, 5:04 pm

Adam D wrote:
Hulking_up wrote:
MediaCat wrote:
I saw the film in a Portuguese cinema upon its original release and the screen faded to white at the very end suggesting it was a dream. On the UK version it fades to black suggesting not.

All I know is that I still dream about 3 hooters on women.
Isn't one nose enough? Whistle

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down