The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Xbox One

+23
Nay
Dolphin Ziggler
Hammersmith harrier
Ent
FIFA Diva
President Trump
Crimey
hampo17
Azzy
compelling and rich
Brys
GSC
Gregers
Fernando
Bull
CFCNick
Kurt N. Jurqa
Derbymanc
B91212
Hulking_up
Pr4wn
Hero
pscott
27 posters

Page 1 of 13 1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13  Next

Go down

Xbox One Empty Xbox One

Post by pscott Sat 23 Nov 2013, 10:55 pm

I wondered how things were going , I am pretty jealous as I'm waiting for Friday for my PS4.

The Kinnect apparently works well, how does BF4 feel to have 64 players online. Is Ryse a bit of a disappointment or are you enjoying it.

Dead Rising 3 how are you getting on with it? The videos with hundreds of zombies looked cool.

I read a test on sound levels and I think its quieter than the 360. If you had a PS3 is it quieter than that?

pscott

Back to top Go down

Xbox One Empty Re: Xbox One

Post by Hero Sun 24 Nov 2013, 8:40 pm

I'm in the second draft waiting for the Xbox, due to arrive pre Xmas eve (2 unhappy sons if it it's not there on Christmas morning).
From what I can gather on the games that are out;

COD ghosts: disappointment, hardly an upgrade at all on the 360 version.

BF4: the much better of the two FPSs on the next gens, hardly seen anyone who prefers the new COD.

FIFA: there's an issue if you have two controllers activated when you launch the game, but it's meant to play really nice.

Forza: Visually the most stunning game so far, the first real true 1080p 60fps game designed for the next gen.

Ryse: looks pretty, but similar to the first Assassins Creed in that combat becomes repetitive very quickly.

Dead Rising: Seems to be getting the most favourable reviews between itself and Ryse, everyone is raving on about how great it plays and how stunning it looks when there's a proper horde of zombies slowly making its way to you.

Zoo Tycoon - Not up there as the stand out names but seems to get very favourable mentions from those that have it, uses Kinect well with little things like the monkeys mimick the faces you pull at them, I know my sons will enjoy that come Crimbo.

Killer Instinct: Comes free with the console with one unlocked character, seems to be a fun beat em up and a number of people Ive seen have gone on to unlock other characters to play.

Hero
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by pscott Tue 26 Nov 2013, 11:18 am

It cant be that noone got an Xbox One surely?

Oh well, do I win a prize for worst topic then?

pscott

Back to top Go down

Post by Hero Tue 26 Nov 2013, 11:56 am

From what's been said in the press is that it's sold over a mil and is meant to be ahead of ps4 sales despite the added cost.

Hero
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by pscott Tue 26 Nov 2013, 12:32 pm

Yeah I'd read the 1 million sold , I meant maybe noone on here got it.

pscott

Back to top Go down

Post by Hero Tue 26 Nov 2013, 12:50 pm

Doesn't look that way so far. Not decided yet which game to treat myself to, my boys are getting FIFA, Skylanders and Lego. I'm undecided between Battlefield, DR4 and Forza.

Hero
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Pr4wn Tue 26 Nov 2013, 12:58 pm

Mine arrived yesterday. Forza does indeed look amazing.

What I really love is the main menu ans user interface. Once you learn the voice commands using this machine makes everything easy.

There's a little issue with party chat I think but this is getting fixed in a patch soon, as far as I know.

Pr4wn

Back to top Go down

Post by Hero Tue 26 Nov 2013, 1:31 pm

Which other games did you get Prawn?

Hero
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Pr4wn Tue 26 Nov 2013, 2:37 pm

Only played Forza so far. Ryse is downloading as we speak and battlefield is on the way.

Pr4wn

Back to top Go down

Post by Hero Tue 26 Nov 2013, 2:46 pm

Do the triggers help with Forza btw?

Hero
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Pr4wn Tue 26 Nov 2013, 2:54 pm

I did about three races last night and all sorts of driver assists were turned on so it was hard to tell!

Pr4wn

Back to top Go down

Post by Hulking_up Tue 26 Nov 2013, 4:33 pm

It seems that the spectacle that attended the launch of the Xbox One last Friday was more than posturing, with Microsoft announcing that their latest console sold more than one million units in 24 hours.

This means the company has at least equalled the sales figures for the rival PS4, although it should be noted that whilst Microsoft launched in 13 markets on 22 November, Sony’s sales of more than one million in 24 hours came only from North America. The PS4 launches in the UK this Friday.
- The Independent

Hulking_up

Back to top Go down

Post by Hulking_up Tue 26 Nov 2013, 4:37 pm

When taking a closer look at the launch sales for the PlayStation 4 and the Xbox One, an interesting fact emerges. The 1 million PlayStation 4 units sold in the first 24 hours were all sold in North America, while the 1 million Xbox One units sold came from a 13-territory release that included North America, Brazil, and much of Europe.

So what does this mean? Despite a strong launch for both consoles, the PlayStation 4 could be considered the launch-day "winner." It took 11 more countries for Microsoft to match Sony's numbers, though it's unclear as to exactly how much of the Xbox One's sales came from territories outside of the United States and Canada. Microsoft made sure to let people know that its consoles were largely sold out at retailers to stoke the image of the console being in demand, though one has to wonder if there would have been a sales increase if more units had been in stock.

Hulking_up

Back to top Go down

Post by pscott Tue 26 Nov 2013, 5:23 pm

Yeah hulking up I knew that there were a difference in territories for sales I just wanted a thread that would be about first impressions, which were hopefully all good.

Did anyone see the consoles that were given to the team that worked on them?

http://www.google.co.uk/imgres?imgurl=http://cdn3-www.craveonline.com/assets/uploads/2013/08/XboxOne_Employees.jpg&imgrefurl=http://www.craveonline.com/gaming/articles/559087-white-xbox-one-is-exclusive-to-full-time-microsoft-employees&h=370&w=658&sz=25&tbnid=22FQrrg421LppM:&tbnh=90&tbnw=160&zoom=1&usg=__kslzu5xC_9aGAwruP_nT1WOoUyo=&docid=YcYzAvcO_hVa3M&sa=X&ei=8tiUUs6MFIiShQfkkIG4Bg&ved=0CFIQ9QEwBQ

Pretty cool

pscott

Back to top Go down

Post by B91212 Wed 14 May 2014, 5:09 pm

I see Microsoft are to release the X-Box One without Kinnect this summer. According to the (somewhat biased) Playstation friendly website I was reading, after originally saying that they would never release the One without it this backtracking is in response to the PS4's greater sales so far and the Titanfall exclusive not leading to as many console sales as MS had hoped.

What do people who purchased the One already think? Over here in North America this now puts the prices of PS4 & One level ($400 US, $450 Canada). After being a 360 owner last gen I must admit the Kinnect was one reason I went PS this time although the PS4's superior technical specs also contributed to my decision. Will the new Kinnect-less model make people consider it now who maybe wasn't before?

B91212

Back to top Go down

Post by Pr4wn Thu 15 May 2014, 11:59 am

I love my one and I love the Kinect. I'm not sure I'd pay the extra for it given the choice but it's so handy telling your Xbox what to do. The recording feature is great, when I pull off a ridiculous kill in Battlefield or Titanfall the Xbox does as it's told :-)

The machines are equivalents really. Xbox users can brag about the superior multimedia capabilities and PS4 users can brag about the hardware but they're basically the same. I went Xbox over PlayStation because that's what my friends play.

Pr4wn

Back to top Go down

Post by Derbymanc Thu 15 May 2014, 12:17 pm

We're a Sony family but good on Microsoft for realising that the kinect was a reason some people wouldn't/didn't purchase an Xbox 1.

Hopefully this keeps Sony and Microsoft on a similar sales level and therefore makes them both keep busting a gut to give us the best consoles/games possible.

Derbymanc

Back to top Go down

Post by pscott Thu 15 May 2014, 8:41 pm

The pricing for the kinnect less bundle is a bit weird, 350 quid but you can still get the Titanfall bundle for 390 on Amazon.  If I was inclined I would go for that.

Apparently and I assume you just unplug kinnect it gives the One a 10 per cent increase in power.

This is a bonkers story and you just wish the Microsoft execs would just shut up and let the thing sell with the price drop.

http://metro.co.uk/2014/05/15/ps4-beating-xbox-one-because-of-unsatisfied-ps3-owners-says-microsoft-4728907/

pscott

Back to top Go down

Post by B91212 Sat 17 May 2014, 3:38 pm

pscott wrote:This is a bonkers story and you just wish the Microsoft execs would just shut up and let the thing sell with the price drop.

http://metro.co.uk/2014/05/15/ps4-beating-xbox-one-because-of-unsatisfied-ps3-owners-says-microsoft-4728907/
 Shocked What is it with the MS marketing team?

Good point made by Derbymanc and one I agree with 100%. Both consoles being competitive is certainly the best thing for all gamers.

B91212

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 20 May 2014, 12:19 am

I actually don't mind the Kinect function. Sure I thought at first that it was pointless, and I don't think they've really found its potential with regards to gaming yet, but I do like just being able to tell my Xbox to go to an app and it will or pause and play Netflix etc

Given the cost of a bundle with Kinect and a game I'd sooner pay that price than the 350 just for the console

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 10 Jun 2014, 12:39 pm

See at e3 Microsoft have firmly stepped away from being an all in one entertainment and now theyre looking at it as a games console

Looking forward to Forza Horizon 2 and also Halo 1-4 remastered

Back to top Go down

Post by Kurt N. Jurqa Tue 10 Jun 2014, 12:52 pm

Sunset Overdrive looks awesome as a game, I reckon Microsoft's E3 > Sony's.

Kurt N. Jurqa

Back to top Go down

Post by CFCNick Tue 10 Jun 2014, 1:39 pm

Not particularly xbox but what the hell have the FIFA developers been doing? Usually I can see a change in the look of a FIFA game but FIFA 15 looks just like FIFA 14. It's insane. Considering the same developers made NHL 15 and it looks amazing, and a total step up on NHL 14.

FIFA 15 - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TnTYVT6lwBc

NHL 15 - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0jEgFzpsPMA

CFCNick

http://pucksandpitchforks.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Bull Tue 10 Jun 2014, 6:23 pm

Both of them had a good E3 nothing stood out as WOW moment part from MGSV for me but that was already what was expected. Both conferences equal.

EA was boring as usually and hated that tease of Mass Effect. Ubisoft was pretty funny but part from that this years E3 was average.

Bull

Back to top Go down

Post by Kurt N. Jurqa Tue 10 Jun 2014, 6:58 pm

Both were light on actual game play on the exclusives, of the games due in the next 12 months The Division continues to look very good, Evolve from what I've seen in gameplay looks a great twist on a FPS and really liking the look of the Cthulu monster. I'll probably get GTA5 on the next gen as I didn't complete it on last gen before I got rid and it does look gorgeous graphic wise. Sunset Overdrive looks great fun, FPS crossed with Tony Hawks.
Others that I'll have a look at; Dragon Age Inquisition, Halo (never really been a fan), whichever is best of COD/BF and Farcry 4.

Kurt N. Jurqa

Back to top Go down

Post by Bull Tue 10 Jun 2014, 8:50 pm

Sunset Overdrive is a 3rd person shooter so it would be a cross of 3PS and Tony Hawks you mean?
Yeah of course I think at Gamescom we will see more of the gameplay and everything and could even see newer exclusives be shown such as the one from Media Molecule and Guerilla Games for Sony's 1st and anyone else from Microsofts side.

Bull

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 11 Jun 2014, 9:41 pm

I am quite intrigued by Sunset Overdrive, wondering how long the playability would last on it though considering its strength looks to be the whacky free running rail grinding an whether that would get boring quickly

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 30 Jul 2014, 9:22 am

Heck of a coup for microsoft getting the exclusive rights for EA access for the Xbox One

Access to EAs future games and back catalogue for a subscription fee a month. Also will allow early access before games are released

Back to top Go down

Post by Hero Wed 30 Jul 2014, 4:27 pm

It's only 4 games initially of Fifa 14, Battlefield 4, Madden 25 and Peggle 2 for £4 a month plus access to games like Dragonage Inquisition 5 days prior to launch but it's certainly a start. Basically the cost of buying a normal launch price game is the same as a year sub and as games generally a year after launch are a pittance to then buy then if there's at least 2 per year that are worthwhile getting it for then it sounds a no-brainer to subscribe.

Hero
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Wed 30 Jul 2014, 8:53 pm

Will you have to buy Fifa 15 or will that come with it?

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by Gregers Wed 30 Jul 2014, 10:42 pm

Personally I think ea's service looks terrible, but that might be based on my dislike of ea as a money grabbing company

Gregers

https://www.facebook.com/Gregers25

Back to top Go down

Post by Pr4wn Thu 31 Jul 2014, 1:54 pm

Anyone know whether they're going to have apps for the NFL too? I remember it being something that was talked about.

Pr4wn

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Thu 31 Jul 2014, 4:53 pm

They agreed a deal so I'd assume so.
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Tue 12 Aug 2014, 4:51 pm

Microsoft has a exclusive contract for Rise of tomb raider. So no PS4/PC just XB1 only maybe 360 id presume.

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by Brys Tue 12 Aug 2014, 6:43 pm

Fernando wrote:Microsoft has a exclusive contract for Rise of tomb raider. So no PS4/PC just XB1 only maybe 360 id presume.

It's an ok exclusive but nothing great in terms of what sales it can bring to the Microsoft machine. If its anything like its recent reboot then all Microsoft have acquired is a poor game with what will probably be very middling sales.

Brys

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Tue 12 Aug 2014, 7:45 pm

Brys wrote:
Fernando wrote:Microsoft has a exclusive contract for Rise of tomb raider. So no PS4/PC just XB1 only maybe 360 id presume.

It's an ok exclusive but nothing great in terms of what sales it can bring to the Microsoft machine. If its anything like its recent reboot then all Microsoft have acquired is a poor game with what will probably be very middling sales.

I suspect Microsoft will be happy with a game that sells over 6m  Whistle 

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by Brys Tue 12 Aug 2014, 8:39 pm

Fernando wrote:
Brys wrote:

I suspect Microsoft will be happy with a game that sells over 6m  Whistle 

It was a under performer sales wise on release, certainly didn't meet any of its expectations considering the hope they had for it. Yeah in time it has eventually got those numbers back to the point where its not looking as bad as it once was and in a more health position. The fact they are now limiting themselves to a single platform you'd have to think that those sales are gonna be reduced somewhat, I'd assume Square Enix must have got some nice upfront dosh from Microsoft on the deal and with poor initial sales on the last game making this a far more attractive proposition when they publish their quarterly figures Smile

Brys

Back to top Go down

Post by pscott Fri 15 Aug 2014, 8:39 pm

Maybe we can start a gamescom thread but I'd be interested why the new Tomb Raider was poor?

I really enjoyed it and as someone whos wife won't let them get a second console for the living room and who has a ps4 i'm disappointed that I wont't get it at release. Its been sort of announced that its a timed deal doesn't change much though.

PS4 sale of 10 mill so far and you've cut yourself off from that? You get to Xmas 2015 the release date who knows what it'll be?

pscott

Back to top Go down

Post by Brys Sat 16 Aug 2014, 7:06 pm

The exclusive thing I'm putting down to SE getting a chunk of cash up front to help their books against which is probably gonna be a middling sales launch for the new game. I may be wrong but its the only thing that makes sense at this time to me.

As for why Tomb Raider was poor, well I think I should clarify my statement a bit more as I thought it was poor Tomb Raider game. I'll keep it short on what I didn't like, poor plotting/backstory/character development. Far to much action, at one point I thought I was playing a bonus level of GoW. The biggest downfall being the lack of adventure, exploration and puzzles on offer.

Less guns more adventure please. Oh and the Tombs themselves were beyond pathetic in the game.

Brys

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Sat 16 Aug 2014, 7:11 pm

I didn't think TR was awful but it went away from what made the franchise great and became a fairly generic offering. Decent game, poor TR game.
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 22 Oct 2014, 12:29 pm

Few good offerings coming up this month in the run up to Christmas

Alread bought Forza Horizon 2, my favourite racer ever

Looking foprward to the Halo Collection coming out

Back to top Go down

Post by compelling and rich Wed 22 Oct 2014, 7:23 pm

looking at getting either the the new xbox or playstation off father christmas, im not really fussed which one. whats a good price for the consoles now? is one cheaper than the other? one got a better list of games?

compelling and rich

Back to top Go down

Post by Brys Wed 22 Oct 2014, 7:53 pm

Both are priced at £349 retail as it stands, so anything under that is a good deal but with Xmas approaching that might change as they both try to compete for the Xmas shopper. Games wise well that's always a hard one as it often comes down to personal taste, I consider both be pretty poor on this front but if I had to choose it would be PS4.

Brys

Back to top Go down

Post by compelling and rich Wed 22 Oct 2014, 8:03 pm

cheers brys, ive already found the ps4 with fifa and minecraft? for that price

compelling and rich

Back to top Go down

Post by Brys Wed 22 Oct 2014, 8:31 pm

That's not a bad deal, assume its on Amazon. The only other good bundles I saw personally were PS4 with new Dragon Age £349 or PS4/Dragon Age/Fife 15 £389. Not sure what your thoughts on Minecraft are, I personally hate the thing Smile

Brys

Back to top Go down

Post by compelling and rich Wed 22 Oct 2014, 9:11 pm

dont even know what it is? played and completed the old dragon ages and really enjoyed them and fifa always gets a blasting, so thats not a bad deal for me. didnt even know a new dragon age was coming out, is it on both?

compelling and rich

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Wed 22 Oct 2014, 9:18 pm

http://www.console-deals.com/xboxone/

http://www.console-deals.com/ps4/

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by Brys Wed 22 Oct 2014, 9:21 pm

Minecraft is a large sandbox game with no real aim and you can build stuff. Its like interactive Lego but with multiple people and you can destroy stuff. It was an Indie PC game that got really big, there's loads of youtube videos (most of the streaming business made huge monies on it) if you want a better idea. Personally found it completely boring.

New Dragon Age game is out 20th Nov so you would have to wait till then for any console bundle and its both platforms. Both Zavvi.com and theHut.com currently have both those bundles, not seen them anywhere else at the moment but that might change when DA gets closer to release.

Brys

Back to top Go down

Post by compelling and rich Wed 22 Oct 2014, 9:24 pm

cheers for the help guys, yeah not sure minecrafts for me either

compelling and rich

Back to top Go down

Post by Derbymanc Thu 23 Oct 2014, 4:12 am

Minecrafts great if you've got kids or wanna pee about for an hour. Although if you have got kids whatever they build will put yours to shame.

I've spent hours on it building little buildings and that, only to come back and find they've made swooping roller coasters and mansions. As it only costs 15 quid though not sure it's worth being in a bundle.

Derbymanc

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 13 1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13  Next