The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Predictions for England vs India Test series

+6
Gerry SA
Stella
KP_fan
Hoggy_Bear
msp83
ShankyCricket
10 posters

Go down

Predictions for England vs India Test series Empty Predictions for England vs India Test series

Post by ShankyCricket Wed 02 Jul 2014, 7:21 pm

It'll be very similar to the 1996 series. England dominating India with 2 young Indian batsmen (Tendulkar and Ganguly then, Pujara and Kohli now) watching the rest crumble around them like a pack of cards.

Rahane and Dhawan will play a couple of decent knocks without going on to make a big score.

Nohit will fail miserably, prompting Gautam Gambhir, who is not even a first choice player himself to come to his defence and sing poetry about his performances in nets during press conferences.

Murali Vijay will fail and be replaced by Gambhir after the first couple of tests, who'll fare even worse!

Ishant will play more tests than the number of wickets he will take during the series.

Indian seamers will skittle the England top order for less than 100 a couple of times in this series before our ultra aggressive skipper will greet the new batsman Prior with part time spin with 9 men on the boundary, who'll go on to play a game changing innings.

Dhoni will score one half century slogging after the game is lost.

Indian spinners will struggle to make any impact.

Stuart Binny will play the first and last test of his career in this series.

India will lose 3-0 or 4-0.
Dhoni will still continue as Test captain. Srini rocks!

Alastair Cook breaking Sachin's records will once again start looking like a realistic prospect.

One of our senior players will moan about the pitches and re-iterate the usual "come to India, we will show you".

We will beat WI 3-0 at home and things will begin to look hunky dorey again ahead of the WI player with Nohit further inflating his Bradman-esque record against the Caribbeans and Ashwin looking a half decent bowler again.

ShankyCricket

Back to top Go down

Predictions for England vs India Test series Empty Re: Predictions for England vs India Test series

Post by msp83 Wed 02 Jul 2014, 7:28 pm

Shanky, in 1996 there was a somewhat handy player who scored a couple of half-centuries coming in at 7!.

msp83

Back to top Go down

Predictions for England vs India Test series Empty Re: Predictions for England vs India Test series

Post by msp83 Wed 02 Jul 2014, 7:29 pm

Love the one about Ishant, though it is not at all a difficult task for him. He'll bowl more no-balls than the number of tests and wickets combined in the series!.

msp83

Back to top Go down

Post by ShankyCricket Wed 02 Jul 2014, 8:01 pm

msp83 wrote:Shanky, in 1996 there was a somewhat handy player who scored a couple of half-centuries coming in at 7!.
Ah yes! If only we had picked his namesake/statemate/protege, we might've had a decent opening option to replace Vijay after the first couple of tests and an opportunity to unearth a new star who could form a part of the nucleus of the Indian batting lineup for years to come.

ShankyCricket

Back to top Go down

Post by Hoggy_Bear Wed 02 Jul 2014, 8:24 pm

Prediction for the England vs India test series?

Pain!!!

Hoggy_Bear

Back to top Go down

Post by KP_fan Wed 02 Jul 2014, 9:08 pm

4-1
KP_fan
KP_fan

Back to top Go down

Post by Stella Thu 03 Jul 2014, 9:18 am

Hoggy_Bear wrote:Prediction for the England vs India test series?

Pain!!!

We don't hate the fools!  Very Happy 
Stella
Stella

Back to top Go down

Post by Gerry SA Thu 03 Jul 2014, 11:55 am

3/0 England.

Two bore draws

Gerry SA

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Thu 03 Jul 2014, 10:16 pm

I dunno what this series will throw up

But

I have seen that Pujara is 7/2 to be the top Indian run scorer. I am all over that like a rash
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Thu 03 Jul 2014, 10:20 pm

Pujara at 7/2... let's print some money young Olly.

I think England should win this reasonably comfortably. India lack the bowling ability to win a test - But they have the batting talent to stop a whitewash... 3-1 4-0 England.

kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Location : To you I am there. To me I am here.... is it possible that I'm everywhere?

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Thu 03 Jul 2014, 10:34 pm

I couldn't believe my eyes when I saw those odds RAF!!

I think it'll be a close series. Think people need to remember this is an England side that doesn't know how to win. In the sri Lanka series we had positions to win both tests and failed, heck even in Australia we had opportunities to win most of those games, and let them slide. We're in the habit of losing, its pretty hard to get out of!

That said if Ishant plays it'll be a massacre
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Thu 03 Jul 2014, 10:47 pm

England haven't won for about a year, but Jesus was still a carpenter when India last won a series away from home. I rate the Indian batting line up highly, it could be the best in the world, but that bowling attack has the potency of an 80-year old. Batsmen put you in good positions, but you'll never win a test without a good bowling attack
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Location : To you I am there. To me I am here.... is it possible that I'm everywhere?

Back to top Go down

Post by Duty281 Thu 03 Jul 2014, 10:57 pm

Drawn series or narrow English win...or maybe a narrow Indian victory. I think I'm covered.

Whilst India's bowlers, on the whole, may not be that great, we have to remember that England are very prone to collapse. And the weather's very prone to drench the outfield.

I have no faith in either team, but I have complete faith that this series will be devoid of top-class quality.

Once I've figured out why I've become such a miserable bar-steward, we'll be good to go.

Duty281

Location : I wouldn’t want to be faster or greener than now if you were with me; O you were the best of all my days

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Thu 03 Jul 2014, 11:05 pm

It's defeat Doody. It makes bitter, cynics of us all. At least you enjoyed your teen years. I haven't believed since I was subjected to watching Australia pummel us at 2a.m. for an entire series in 2001.
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Sat 05 Jul 2014, 2:26 pm

I'll go for a narrow England victory; say 2-1 with a draw + washout... or 2-2.
Very difficult to pick this one. Not much confidence in either side.

Just watching the MCC v R.o.W ODI match. India could sure do with a couple of those players.
Great innings from Yuvi. He looked very composed and at ease at Lord's today.

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down