The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Silly Season transfer rumours.....

+71
Notch
TheMildlyFranticLlama
sad_gimp
prop_lyd
MacKnocked-on
RuggerRadge2611
madmaccas
Jhamer25
ScarletSpiderman
beshocked
Artful_Dodger
B91212
Seagultaf
alive555
Golden
XR
funnyExiledScot
BigGee
Tiger/Chief
shuren34
justified sinner
LeinsterFan4life
Majestic83
DaveM
Heaf
BigTrevsbigmac
dragon999
thomh
bluestonevedder
BamBam
sirtidychris
Margin_Walker
ChequeredJersey
Ozzy3213
doctor_grey
The Saint
LordDowlais
WELL-PAST-IT
BristolDave
nathan
RDW
profitius
Cumbrian
Rugby Fan
propdavid_london
FecklessRogue
Driver
mckay1402
wales606
LondonTiger
geoff998rugby
Sgt_Pooly
SirBurger
HongKongCherry
Cardiff Dave
king_carlos
dragon4life
formerly known as Sam
Hound of Harrow
Coleman
Welly
Bathite
whocares
PenfroPete
Bathman_in_London
yappysnap
Fluxy
HammerofThunor
lostinwales
George Carlin
Geordie
75 posters

Page 7 of 20 Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 13 ... 20  Next

Go down

Silly Season transfer rumours..... - Page 7 Empty Silly Season transfer rumours.....

Post by Geordie Mon Jan 05, 2015 12:59 pm

First topic message reminder :

Well its that time of year...pushing for new contracts...the rumour mill starts to fly...

Any you hear...post them here.....

The first two I've heard...

Priestland to Bath
Carl Fearns - Bath to Falcons.

Geordie

Back to top Go down

Silly Season transfer rumours..... - Page 7 Empty Re: Silly Season transfer rumours.....

Post by Geordie Mon Jan 19, 2015 4:06 pm

Well Leicester better keep away from our young FB Hammersley.

Geordie

Back to top Go down

Silly Season transfer rumours..... - Page 7 Empty Re: Silly Season transfer rumours.....

Post by yappysnap Mon Jan 19, 2015 4:58 pm

Didn't Bismark want £500,000 last time he was approached by an English club?

yappysnap

Back to top Go down

Post by whocares Mon Jan 19, 2015 5:28 pm

Cathrakilis (spelling?) also meant to join Montpelier as his dad is appatently one of Jake White mates.

whocares

Back to top Go down

Post by nathan Mon Jan 19, 2015 6:41 pm

GeordieFalcon wrote:Well Leicester better keep away from our young FB Hammersley.

we gave your brookes back, what more do you want! Wink

nathan

Back to top Go down

Post by Ozzy3213 Mon Jan 19, 2015 6:46 pm

Ben Franks to be confirmed tomorrow apparently, and I believe possibly 4 others signed and sealed and to be announced in due course.
Ozzy3213
Ozzy3213

Back to top Go down

Post by SirBurger Mon Jan 19, 2015 6:55 pm

Ozzy3213 wrote:Ben Franks to be confirmed tomorrow apparently, and I believe possibly 4 others signed and sealed and to be announced in due course.

OK Ale

Delighted with Franks!

SirBurger

Back to top Go down

Post by George Carlin Mon Jan 19, 2015 8:06 pm

Ozzy3213 wrote:Ben Franks to be confirmed tomorrow apparently, and I believe possibly 4 others signed and sealed and to be announced in due course.

That is an amazeballs signing.
George Carlin
George Carlin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by formerly known as Sam Mon Jan 19, 2015 8:16 pm

Montpellier are desperate for some power up front and are looking to cut those who aren't performing. I suspect they'll make room for some SA beef.

Franks is a great signing for LI. If they could get his brother as well...

formerly known as Sam

Back to top Go down

Post by Bathman_in_London Tue Jan 20, 2015 9:07 am

Ben Franks is a great signing for Irish, despite all the money in France, the AP is getting stronger by the season.

I bet Jake White will be signing a few more Saffas too. In Australia he oversaw what was basically a University/academy scheme where youngsters could move from SA, get a degree and a great experience plus if they were any good they would be Oz qualified at the end. I wonder if he will have any similar long term plans in the South of France?

Bathman_in_London

Back to top Go down

Post by The Saint Tue Jan 20, 2015 9:16 am

Is Ben franks the LH?

The Saint

Back to top Go down

Post by Heaf Tue Jan 20, 2015 9:46 am

He can play both sides

Heaf

Back to top Go down

Post by Geordie Tue Jan 20, 2015 9:57 am

nathan wrote:
GeordieFalcon wrote:Well Leicester better keep away from our young FB Hammersley.

we gave your brookes back, what more do you want! Wink

Yes and we fixed him and he's f&*ked off again....

Geordie

Back to top Go down

Post by Geordie Tue Jan 20, 2015 10:04 am

Cracking signing for LI....

Geordie

Back to top Go down

Post by Ozzy3213 Wed Jan 21, 2015 11:40 am

Tomas O'Leary confirmed backed to Munster.
Ozzy3213
Ozzy3213

Back to top Go down

Post by Welly Wed Jan 21, 2015 12:57 pm

Jamie Gibson --> Saints

http://www.northamptonsaints.co.uk/News/TabId/90/ArtMID/526/ArticleID/5563/Gibson-moving-down-Welford-Road-to-Franklin%E2%80%99s-Gardens.aspx

Welly

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Thu Jan 22, 2015 8:46 am

Sean Maitland is leaving Glasgow to join London Irish.

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Ozzy3213 Thu Jan 22, 2015 8:52 am

Fantastic signing for us. I believe he's pencilled in to play full back, a definite upgrade from Tom Homer, who I rate and am gutted that he's leaving.
Ozzy3213
Ozzy3213

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Thu Jan 22, 2015 8:56 am

Aye he is an excellent signing for you.

I suspect there might be a bit of grumbling that he was brought over to Scotland and given the chance to play International and then Lions rugby, then buggered off as soon as his first contract was up, but if he plays well for Scotland in the future I'm sure people won't mind too much.

He is a very good all round player, but his try scoring rate has been poor since he has been here (which is strange given he scored tries for fun in Super Rugby). It is also strange given Glasgow's attacking mentality and try scoring abilities.

Us Edinburgh fans like to regularly wind Glasgow fans up about the fact that some of our front row have scored more tries than Maitland this season!

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by geoff998rugby Thu Jan 22, 2015 8:59 am

Glasgow having 3 good wingers were always going to off load one.
Money to put towards a stronger front five.

geoff998rugby

Back to top Go down

Post by Ozzy3213 Thu Jan 22, 2015 9:03 am

I think he'll play 15 for us RDW, which I belive is his best position. Has he played mainly on the wing for the weegies?
Ozzy3213
Ozzy3213

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Thu Jan 22, 2015 9:06 am

Yeah he's primarily played 14 for Glasgow and Scotland. If Hogg is unfit for the 6N opener we might see him at 15 for Scotland though. He might be at 15 against Bath this weekend too.

I've not seen much of his kicking game though, which is obviously an essential part of being a 15 - especially in the AP.

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Bathman_in_London Thu Jan 22, 2015 9:18 am

Another good signing for Irish, where else do you see the coaches trying to strengthen Ozzie? Second row?

Leicester fans, why on earth would Cockers let Gibson go? He has looked decent to me and is a player at Saxons/just below that level which all clubs need.

Bathman_in_London

Back to top Go down

Post by Ozzy3213 Thu Jan 22, 2015 9:21 am

Definitely second row Bathman. We have one signed, will be announced in the next few weeks I believe. We also need another 9 and a couple of back row forwards, as we are likely to be without Low, Sinclair, Cowan and Treviranus at the start of the season, which only leaves us with Narraway, Gilsenan and Guest.
Ozzy3213
Ozzy3213

Back to top Go down

Post by LondonTiger Thu Jan 22, 2015 9:28 am

Bathman_in_London wrote:Leicester fans, why on earth would Cockers let Gibson go? He has looked decent to me and is a player at Saxons/just below that level which all clubs need.

I know the salary cap is not something Bath have to worry about Run , but we were unable to match the offer made to Gibson (money and distance from his studies) AND stay within the cap.

LondonTiger

Back to top Go down

Post by Geordie Thu Jan 22, 2015 10:04 am

Seems odd letting Gibson go...

Do Tigers have a batch of young back rowers coming through no one knows about.

With Crofts fragile recent history I wouldn't be too quick to let Gibson go.
But as you say the salary cap seems to be good for some but lax for others....

Geordie

Back to top Go down

Post by Welly Thu Jan 22, 2015 10:17 am

GeordieFalcon wrote:Seems odd letting Gibson go...

Do Tigers have a batch of young back rowers coming through no one knows about.

With Crofts fragile recent history I wouldn't be too quick to let Gibson go.
But as you say the salary cap seems to be good for some but lax for others....

We have Milne, Beckett and Owen.

Milne was MotM against Sale in the LV cup impressing for Coventry on DC ATM, Beckett was England U18 Captain last year and impressed a lot in the LV cup plays second row as well was named in the Eng U20 squad same with Owen.

Croft been offered a reduced 1 year contract. (Apparently)

Also some talks from some fairly reliable sources (Got Gibson, Tait etc right apparently) are saying Tigers are talking to some big names.

We will see.

Welly

Back to top Go down

Post by WELL-PAST-IT Thu Jan 22, 2015 10:41 am

Saints backrow players current (excluding Manoa)

Clark 6.7
Dickinson 8
Dolan 8
Dowson 6.7.8.
Fisher 6.7.8.
Harrison 7
Nuttley 6.7.
Wood 6.7.

Gibson is going to have to work hard in that lot, is he an out and out 7 or more of a mongrel like most of the Saints backrowers?

WELL-PAST-IT
WELL-PAST-IT

Back to top Go down

Post by Welly Thu Jan 22, 2015 10:44 am

I think he wants to be more of a 7.

Suspect that Dowson and either Nutley or Fisher is off.

Welly

Back to top Go down

Post by LondonTiger Thu Jan 22, 2015 10:47 am

Welly wrote:
Also some talks from some fairly reliable sources (Got Gibson, Tait etc right apparently) are saying Tigers are talking to some big names.

We will see.

Unfortunately that will mean becoming even less English as a club. Doubt we can afford any really big names still at the peak, so either we will get those past their best or yet more journeymen.

LondonTiger

Back to top Go down

Post by Welly Thu Jan 22, 2015 10:52 am

You're a happy clappy today LT.

Welly

Back to top Go down

Post by LondonTiger Thu Jan 22, 2015 10:53 am

Aye well.

I am trying to avoid too much optimism before Saturday night.

LondonTiger

Back to top Go down

Post by WELL-PAST-IT Thu Jan 22, 2015 11:34 am

Welly wrote: I think he wants to be more of a 7.

Well, Dowson is the last player of those whose contract runs out this year to re-sign, not sure if that is due to him not agreeing terms of Saints not offering them, he is 33 now. He would be hard to replace though, he can play across the back row at a very good standard. He is a very under rated player IMO.

Could see Nutley going as he is not getting the games he needs to move up a level.

Not sure about Fisher, he is a younger version of Dowson, just not at the same level at the moment.

With Wood, Clark and sometimes Dickinson being around the England set up, plus Manoa going I can see why they would want a proven 7, he might have learned a trick or two from Salvi as well, not many better 7s around than him. I think that need some experience there, so I hope Dowson re-signs, going to look very inexperianced if the aforementioned are not around otherwise.
WELL-PAST-IT
WELL-PAST-IT

Back to top Go down

Post by George Carlin Thu Jan 22, 2015 11:53 am

geoff998rugby wrote:Glasgow having 3 good wingers were always going to off load one.
Money to put towards a stronger front five.
Correct Geoffrey old socks.

I am sorry to see him go as he's such a smart, complete footballer but it's hard to say that you would choose him over (a) DTH and Seymour on the wing, both of whom have been red hot this season or (b) Hogg/Murchie at full back. He's too good not to play every week though and it's good for Scotland that he gets his swing back.

What we need is a world class openside, a very good blindside and a replacement for Niko McMad. I would like Richard Hugh McCaw, Marcell Coetzee and Rory Kockott. But then again, wouldn't we all?
George Carlin
George Carlin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by George Carlin Thu Jan 22, 2015 11:54 am

Ozzy3213 wrote:I think he'll play 15 for us RDW, which I belive is his best position.  Has he played mainly on the wing for the weegies?
I think that he's actually better at 15 Ozzy and a number of my soap avoiding brethren feel the same. He played there a lot for the Crusaders.
George Carlin
George Carlin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Geordie Thu Jan 22, 2015 11:57 am

Im amazed Tigers weren't in for Welch, Wilson, Saull or Dan Temm from us...

Are times a changing....only Saints pillaging us nowadays....

Geordie

Back to top Go down

Post by HongKongCherry Thu Jan 22, 2015 12:51 pm

LondonTiger wrote:
Bathman_in_London wrote:Leicester fans, why on earth would Cockers let Gibson go? He has looked decent to me and is a player at Saxons/just below that level which all clubs need.

I know the salary cap is not something Bath have to worry about Run , but we were unable to match the offer made to Gibson (money and distance from his studies) AND stay within the cap.

Could you not just have bought him a farm? Run

On a side note, a rumour doing the rounds in Glaws is that we're trying to sign Tonga'huia
HongKongCherry
HongKongCherry

Back to top Go down

Post by WELL-PAST-IT Thu Jan 22, 2015 1:11 pm

Geordie,

That's because no one can understand a word they say. Once you have lived up in the N.E. for time, you not only pick up the accent, you start talking in a different language.

My family all come from the N.E. after 30+ years, I still have to translate for my wife. They do all come from the pit villages though, like Jarrow and Newcastle, people from the next village don't understand each other.

My mother got into trouble for marrying my father as he came from a village 3 miles down the road, Bluddy foreigner.
WELL-PAST-IT
WELL-PAST-IT

Back to top Go down

Post by formerly known as Sam Thu Jan 22, 2015 1:29 pm

GF, I don't think we expected Gibson to go. By the time it had happened you'd signed up your young talent.

formerly known as Sam

Back to top Go down

Post by Sgt_Pooly Thu Jan 22, 2015 2:02 pm

First time I've heard Newcastle described as a Pit Village past-it Wink

Sgt_Pooly

Back to top Go down

Post by George Carlin Thu Jan 22, 2015 2:10 pm

WELL-PAST-IT wrote:Geordie,

That's because no one can understand a word they say. Once you have lived up in the N.E. for time, you not only pick up the accent, you start talking in a different language.

My family all come from the N.E. after 30+ years, I still have to translate for my wife. They do all come from the pit villages though, like Jarrow and Newcastle, people from the next village don't understand each other.

My mother got into trouble for marrying my father as he came from a village 3 miles down the road, Bluddy foreigner.
Laugh
George Carlin
George Carlin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Bathite Thu Jan 22, 2015 2:55 pm

LondonTiger wrote:

I know the salary cap is not something Bath have to worry about :run: , but we were unable to match the offer made to Gibson (money and distance from his studies) AND stay within the cap.

Interesting to see Alex Lewington talking about Tigers' inability to secure and keep young English talent. Can't just be down to money. Tigers' have always been able to secure players on their history, credibility and setup. Maybe that's changing?

Bathite

Back to top Go down

Post by Bathite Thu Jan 22, 2015 2:56 pm

Welly wrote: I think he wants to be more of a 7.

I had heard Dowson was off and that his agent tried to get Bath interested. Croft (again!) linked with Bath as well. Both would be terrible signings for us

Bathite

Back to top Go down

Post by Geordie Thu Jan 22, 2015 2:57 pm

Maybe Leicester are set to announce a host of mind blowing signings to go with the new crop of kids coming through the academy?

Geordie

Back to top Go down

Post by Bathite Thu Jan 22, 2015 3:02 pm

True. Could be the case. I guess they are losing Tait, Deacon, Gibson and maybe Croft

Bathite

Back to top Go down

Post by Geordie Thu Jan 22, 2015 3:05 pm

Who's the big Argentinian flanker they have who got injured? Is he back or due back soon?

Geordie

Back to top Go down

Post by Welly Thu Jan 22, 2015 3:07 pm

Depends most go for more Game time TT, Lewington and Ford.

But considering we have got Thacker, Balmain, Bristow, Kitchener, Harrison, Youngs, Manu, Price, Pohe, All 25 and under and played England U20 rugby or higher with us it isn't that bad imo.

We have 4 U20 players in the 6N's so will be interesting to keep an eye on them

Think people are exaggerating.

Bathite hasn't Croft been linked to you every time he is out of contract?

GF Matera is most likely off to argentina for the Super rugby team.

We have been linked to Conon (I think spelling is right) the Exeter chiefs U20 7 from last year.

Welly

Back to top Go down

Post by Bathite Thu Jan 22, 2015 3:08 pm

Croft.....yep....every blooming time

Bathite

Back to top Go down

Post by Geordie Thu Jan 22, 2015 3:11 pm

What about that Heptema? He was causing a stir wasn't he?

Geordie

Back to top Go down

Post by Welly Thu Jan 22, 2015 3:23 pm

Still with us just injured ATM!

Welly

Back to top Go down

Post by WELL-PAST-IT Thu Jan 22, 2015 5:18 pm

Welly wrote: Still with us just injured All The Moments!

as some one else says on here " There I have fixed it for you"
WELL-PAST-IT
WELL-PAST-IT

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 20 Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 13 ... 20  Next