The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tureano Johnson or Jorge Sebastian Heiland next for Golovkin - urrrgghhhhhhhhh

+14
owen10ozzy
AdamT
Derbymanc
milkyboy
Scottrf
wheelchair1991
88Chris05
Rodney
TRUSSMAN66
John Bloody Wayne
kingraf
Soldier_Of_Fortune
Kareem61
hazharrison
18 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Tureano Johnson or Jorge Sebastian Heiland next for Golovkin - urrrgghhhhhhhhh  Empty Tureano Johnson or Jorge Sebastian Heiland next for Golovkin - urrrgghhhhhhhhh

Post by hazharrison Wed Mar 11, 2015 9:52 am

I've never heard of Johnson; Heiland is the guy who recently beat Matt Macklin.

I like the way Golovkin stays busy but his situation at middleweight is becoming ludicrous.

hazharrison

Back to top Go down

Tureano Johnson or Jorge Sebastian Heiland next for Golovkin - urrrgghhhhhhhhh  Empty Re: Tureano Johnson or Jorge Sebastian Heiland next for Golovkin - urrrgghhhhhhhhh

Post by Kareem61 Wed Mar 11, 2015 9:53 am

I agree Haz, it's great he's constan fighting but the big fights just aren't coning. Realistically who is out there for him?

Kareem61

Back to top Go down

Tureano Johnson or Jorge Sebastian Heiland next for Golovkin - urrrgghhhhhhhhh  Empty Re: Tureano Johnson or Jorge Sebastian Heiland next for Golovkin - urrrgghhhhhhhhh

Post by Soldier_Of_Fortune Wed Mar 11, 2015 10:05 am

I liked the look of Johnson in the Stevens fight before the bulls**t stoppage. Obviously shouldn't pose too much probs for GGG.

I like the idea of GGG v Heiland better. Heiland will go out on his shield and not quit like Geale, Rubio etc.

Soldier_Of_Fortune

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Wed Mar 11, 2015 10:14 am

You really think Geale quit?
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Location : To you I am there. To me I am here.... is it possible that I'm everywhere?

Back to top Go down

Post by Soldier_Of_Fortune Wed Mar 11, 2015 10:17 am

kingraf wrote:You really think Geale quit?

100%........he took the first oportunity out, just like Rubio.

Last edited by Soldier_Of_Fortune on Wed Mar 11, 2015 10:17 am; edited 1 time in total

Soldier_Of_Fortune

Back to top Go down

Post by John Bloody Wayne Wed Mar 11, 2015 10:17 am

He did shake his head at the ref, but who knows what that was in response to?

"Do you want to stop?"
*shakes head*

"Do you wanna come to a bar with me later where I'll explain, with no detail omitted, the storylines of my favourite TV series?"
*shakes head*

John Bloody Wayne

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Wed Mar 11, 2015 10:17 am

Cherrypicking b**tard..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Soldier_Of_Fortune Wed Mar 11, 2015 10:18 am

John Bloody Wayne wrote:He did shake his head at the ref, but who knows what that was in response to?

"Do you want to stop?"
*shakes head*

"Do you wanna come to a bar with me later where I'll explain, with no detail omitted, the storylines of my favourite TV series?"
*shakes head*

Do you want to continue?

Soldier_Of_Fortune

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Wed Mar 11, 2015 10:19 am

It was the second knock down... And more importantly, Geale got up alright. He just wasn't in a position to continue
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Location : To you I am there. To me I am here.... is it possible that I'm everywhere?

Back to top Go down

Post by Soldier_Of_Fortune Wed Mar 11, 2015 10:22 am

Mentally......

Soldier_Of_Fortune

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Wed Mar 11, 2015 10:24 am

Could you imagine the scorn from the OP If Cotto had signed to fight one of these muppets !!

It's GGG...Oh well.. Laugh

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Rodney Wed Mar 11, 2015 10:27 am

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:Could you imagine the scorn from the OP If Cotto had signed to fight one of these muppets !!

It's GGG...Oh well.. Laugh

Difference being GGG actually wants to fight Cotto, I love Cotto the boxer but him winning the lineal Middleweight title has become disastrous. Where does GGG go ?

Cheers, Rodders
Rodney
Rodney

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Wed Mar 11, 2015 10:31 am

So he say's.....

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Rodney Wed Mar 11, 2015 10:35 am

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:So he say's.....

Yeah he maybe running scared of a big pay day against a Welter for the lineal Middle title.

Cheers, Rodders
Rodney
Rodney

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Wed Mar 11, 2015 10:37 am

Well everyone is running scared of him apparently..............All the top fighters....Ward, Floyd, Cotto, Quillen, Froch.................List is endless all these cowards..

So this guy can smack out crap like he has been for the last 5 fights and smile knowing suckers like you will accept it....

Poor old GGG..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Soldier_Of_Fortune Wed Mar 11, 2015 10:42 am

Rodney wrote:
TRUSSMAN66 wrote:So he say's.....

Yeah he maybe running scared of a big pay day against a Welter for the lineal Middle title.

Cheers, Rodders

I have to say this post ticked me Laugh

C'mon Truss, I can't think of anyone who has ACTUALLY called GGG out apart from Martin Murray.

Soldier_Of_Fortune

Back to top Go down

Post by 88Chris05 Wed Mar 11, 2015 10:43 am

Agree it's time for Golovkin to forget this dream of clearing up all the belts at 160 - Cotto just isn't going to fight him. Had the Cotto-Alvarez fight been made for May / June, then I could maybe have seen a greater incentive for Golovkin to stay put, because had Alvarez won that I'd have more confidene in him defending those WBC and Ring belts against Golovkin. He's shown in the past he'll take the tough assignments, and at such a young age there's still pressure on his team to make these big fights in order to justify his tag as the next PPV king in the coming years.

But as that avenue hasn't opened up for Golovkin I don't think there's much more to gain from remaining at Middle if he's serious about establishing himself as a great fighter and the best pound for pounder going once Mayweather is gone. If he's more interested in just racking up defences for the sake of it, then fine - but I think given the rare buzz surrounding him and his clearly excellet potential, that'd be a massive shame.

The 'interesting' fights remaining at Middle for Golovkin are Lemieux and the winner of Quillin-Lee. But they're only interesting in the context of Golovkin's recent fights, which haven't been interesting or anticipated at all. Lemieux's appeal lies solely in the fact that he's got a good punch on him. As for Quillin or Lee, that fight only carries weight because there'd be another belt in it. Would I watch them? Sure I would, but if I had to miss them for whatever reason I wouldn't be too fussed. Would they be decent wins for Golovkin? Yep, but that's the point - they're only decent (or fairly good, to be a bit kinder) wins, and he's already got a boat load of them.

Golovkin is one of boxing's 'super' fighters in terms of dominance, fanfare, ability etc, so I just want to see him in super fights and right now there just isn't anything even approaching that at 160. The Froch ship has probably already sailed to be fair, but if he persists with the Middleweights for much longer it definitely will have. Ward is only 8 lb north and with his inactivity this might be a great time for Golovkin to try his luck there. But Ward has said that he'd have moved up to Light-Heavy a while ago if he'd had his way, and Kovalev and his team have made it clear they'd like to temp him up. If Golovkin stays put for Johnson / Heiland and then someone like Lemieux, Quillin or Lee afterwards, the Ward fight could be another one which disappears before we know it. An Andre Dirrell fight, if he were to beat Degale, could be interesting at 168 with his speed and evasiveness.

It's admirable that a fighter wants to completely clear out a division and establish himself as a great there, but for me he's done that now for all intents and purposes...And it's even more admirable and impressive if a fighter cleans out a division and then rather than rest on his laurels goes after other great challenges, particularly when  they're quite viable. Get Johnson or Heiland out of the way, even make one final, last ditch effort to get Cotto in the ring if he insists - but if he gets anything back from Cotto other than a swift 'yes' and then a date for a fight, I'd like Golovkin to vacate and go after the 168 pounders. Doesn't necessarily have to be a Ward or a Froch straight away (although all the better if it is) but even a Chavez or the winner of Degale-Dirrell to establish himself there would be good.

Last edited by 88Chris05 on Wed Mar 11, 2015 10:48 am; edited 1 time in total
88Chris05
88Chris05

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Wed Mar 11, 2015 10:45 am

Other difference is GGG fights four times a year. If he fights a bum, there's two more fights to go in the year. If Cotto fights a bum... we'll have to wait till next year to see what's next
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Wed Mar 11, 2015 10:45 am

Do they have to call him out ?...........They've made their legacies....

How many ordinary fighters fought Tyson and Hagler ??? They got in the ring for the right figure !!

But all these great fighters are scared woo hoo .............Before Xmas Floyd was scared of Manny apparently !!

Don't forget the Op and probably Rod think Michael Murray is a better win than the P4p number 1 or 3....

This guy fights crap all the time............The big fights are there ......Offer a great deal !!

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Wed Mar 11, 2015 10:48 am

To be fair, I'd credit Golovkin for beating Michael Murray. I mean sure the guy's 51 and has a 16-26 record... but he's a bloody heavyweight!
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Back to top Go down

Post by Rodney Wed Mar 11, 2015 10:48 am

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:Well everyone is running scared of him apparently..............All the top fighters....Ward, Floyd, Cotto, Quillen, Froch.................List is endless all these cowards..

So this guy can smack out crap like he has been for the last 5 fights and smile knowing suckers like you will accept it....

Poor old GGG..

Ward at the moment is a no go he hasn't fought for god knows how long and has no financial clout behind him. Is anyone actually clamouring for this fight ?

Floyd ??? WTF it took 7 years to agree to fight an ex flyweight, do you seriously think he'll put himself in a position to fight GGG.

Cotto .. Doesn't want to know (won the title almost a year ago and hasn't fought or had an opponent mentioned since ) tbh he should be stripped.

Froch.. Has already said he doesn't want it

Quillen.. Another one ruled himself out unless the money is astronomical , "High risk low reward" were his words.

The guy is in a horrible position.

Cheers, Rodders
Rodney
Rodney

Back to top Go down

Post by Soldier_Of_Fortune Wed Mar 11, 2015 10:49 am

GGG deserves to be lineal champ at middle weight.

He shouldn't have to move up because others won't prove it against him. If Cotto doesn't annouce his intentions soon, he should be stripped.

Soldier_Of_Fortune

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Wed Mar 11, 2015 10:50 am

Floyd has fought 6 p4p top 10 fighters.....before number 3 Manny...

Try not to be so ignorant...I know you hate Americans but please try..

GGG hasn't fought anyone in the top 50..........

But that's ok because they are all scared of him..........Because he carried a stiff 11 rounds last time..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Soldier_Of_Fortune Wed Mar 11, 2015 10:53 am

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:Do they have to call him out ?...........They've made their legacies....

Quillin, Chavez Jr Headscratch

Soldier_Of_Fortune

Back to top Go down

Post by Soldier_Of_Fortune Wed Mar 11, 2015 10:54 am

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:But that's ok because they are all scared of him..........Because he carried a stiff 11 rounds last time..

A stiff that would beat the current lineal champ.

Soldier_Of_Fortune

Back to top Go down

Post by wheelchair1991 Wed Mar 11, 2015 10:55 am

Who does GGG fight at 168 though right now, as hasalready been said Froch says not now, Ward won't get in the ring AA wont step outside of Germany now and i doubt sauerland would want to risk him against GGG in any case

wheelchair1991

Back to top Go down

Post by Rodney Wed Mar 11, 2015 10:58 am

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:Floyd has fought 6 p4p top 10 fighters.....before number 3 Manny...

But that's ok because they are all scared of him..........Because he carried a stiff 11 rounds last time..

Who are these 6 ?? Please dont say Guerrero.

Are Maidana, Guerrero and Ortiz any better in ability than GGG last numerous opponents ?

Cheers, Rodders
Rodney
Rodney

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Wed Mar 11, 2015 10:58 am

Call me old fashioned but I've got more time for those that do......Than those that say they'll do.....

Easy to make derisory offers................Quigg made Frampo one...

He turned it down..............Must be a coward... Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Soldier_Of_Fortune Wed Mar 11, 2015 11:03 am

Horses for courses though......

Soldier_Of_Fortune

Back to top Go down

Post by Rodney Wed Mar 11, 2015 11:03 am

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:Call me old fashioned but I've got more time for those that do......Than those that say they'll do.....

Easy to make derisory offers................Quigg made Frampo one...

He turned it down..............Must be a coward... Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

No usually common sense is applied.

cheers, Rodders
Rodney
Rodney

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Wed Mar 11, 2015 11:05 am

Stevenson, Alvarez, Cotto, Manny, Quillin, Mayweather, Froch, Ward all cowards.......

Great fighters like Geale, Murray, Macklin all super heroes.........

I get it !! thumbsup

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by hazharrison Wed Mar 11, 2015 11:09 am

88Chris05 wrote:Agree it's time for Golovkin to forget this dream of clearing up all the belts at 160 - Cotto just isn't going to fight him. Had the Cotto-Alvarez fight been made for May / June, then I could maybe have seen a greater incentive for Golovkin to stay put, because had Alvarez won that I'd have more confidene in him defending those WBC and Ring belts against Golovkin. He's shown in the past he'll take the tough assignments, and at such a young age there's still pressure on his team to make these big fights in order to justify his tag as the next PPV king in the coming years.

But as that avenue hasn't opened up for Golovkin I don't think there's much more to gain from remaining at Middle if he's serious about establishing himself as a great fighter and the best pound for pounder going once Mayweather is gone. If he's more interested in just racking up defences for the sake of it, then fine - but I think given the rare buzz surrounding him and his clearly excellet potential, that'd be a massive shame.

The 'interesting' fights remaining at Middle for Golovkin are Lemieux and the winner of Quillin-Lee. But they're only interesting in the context of Golovkin's recent fights, which haven't been interesting or anticipated at all. Lemieux's appeal lies solely in the fact that he's got a good punch on him. As for Quillin or Lee, that fight only carries weight because there'd be another belt in it. Would I watch them? Sure I would, but if I had to miss them for whatever reason I wouldn't be too fussed. Would they be decent wins for Golovkin? Yep, but that's the point - they're only decent (or fairly good, to be a bit kinder) wins, and he's already got a boat load of them.

Golovkin is one of boxing's 'super' fighters in terms of dominance, fanfare, ability etc, so I just want to see him in super fights and right now there just isn't anything even approaching that at 160. The Froch ship has probably already sailed to be fair, but if he persists with the Middleweights for much longer it definitely will have. Ward is only 8 lb north and with his inactivity this might be a great time for Golovkin to try his luck there. But Ward has said that he'd have moved up to Light-Heavy a while ago if he'd had his way, and Kovalev and his team have made it clear they'd like to temp him up. If Golovkin stays put for Johnson / Heiland and then someone like Lemieux, Quillin or Lee afterwards, the Ward fight could be another one which disappears before we know it. An Andre Dirrell fight, if he were to beat Degale, could be interesting at 168 with his speed and evasiveness.

It's admirable that a fighter wants to completely clear out a division and establish himself as a great there, but for me he's done that now for all intents and purposes...And it's even more admirable and impressive if a fighter cleans out a division and then rather than rest on his laurels goes after other great challenges, particularly when  they're quite viable. Get Johnson or Heiland out of the way, even make one final, last ditch effort to get Cotto in the ring if he insists - but if he gets anything back from Cotto other than a swift 'yes' and then a date for a fight, I'd like Golovkin to vacate and go after the 168 pounders. Doesn't necessarily have to be a Ward or a Froch straight away (although all the better if it is) but even a Chavez or the winner of Degale-Dirrell to establish himself there would be good.

I've never heard Ward declare an interest in fighting at light heavyweight? He usually says he's a super middleweight and no more (I read recently he'd offered Paul Smith a fight at 168).

Golovkin's situation is similar to Rigondeaux's; neither appear to have the frame to move up a weight and neither can land a decent fight at the weight they're at.

I just don't know where he goes from here. You'd have to imagine Alvarez moves up at some point but I don't see Cotto taking the fight - he's already been ordered to by the WBC, to which he instantly shot back with something like "the organisations can't tell me what to do".

I'm guessing Quillin and Cotto are now PBC fighters (to compound matters)? Even HBO are running out of options for him prior to a Ward fight (which they appear to have been building towards since they started bankrolling GGG).

hazharrison

Back to top Go down

Post by Scottrf Wed Mar 11, 2015 11:12 am

Yeah that was my understanding, that Ward has never wanted to move to LH.

Scottrf

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Wed Mar 11, 2015 11:16 am

Funny thing is Posters are moaning about Mayweather v GGG at middle.......... Floyd's lack of bollox..

Jr light - Midd = 30 pounds...........

So GGG can nip up 15 and fight Stevo can't he ???

Sure Stevo will love that...........He'd be a big favorite.....

But no let's fight stiffs for big money..........After all 606ers will understand Wink Wink

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by 88Chris05 Wed Mar 11, 2015 11:19 am

Haz, there's an interview with Ward before the Rodriguez fight (he's in a blue top and a woolly hat in the thumbnail on YouTube, albeit there's more than one with the same image!) where he says that he's looking forward to fighting the 175 pounders as he's confident he's actually stronger than them, and that he looks forward to proving those who say he can't / won't carry the fight to the bigger guys and be happy to let his hands go against them wrong. He goes on to say that if it'd been solely down to him, he'd have moved up "a couple of years ago" (so on that time frame, presumably after he more or less finished cleaning out 168 by winning the Super Six) but apparently Virgil Hunter advised against it and said he should stay at Super-Middle for as long as possible and then target the Light-Heavies further down the line. When asked if making 168 was or ever had been a problem, Ward replied that he never really had trouble making Super-Middle, but that it wasn't a complete doddle getting down there either.

He might have hedged his bets slightly since then as you say, but that one came straight from the horse's mouth. John David Jackson said that as a trainer, he's much more interested in getting Ward up to 175 to fight Kovalev than he is in going after the Stevenson fight. Would be a cracker.
88Chris05
88Chris05

Back to top Go down

Post by hazharrison Wed Mar 11, 2015 12:05 pm

88Chris05 wrote:Haz, there's an interview with Ward before the Rodriguez fight (he's in a blue top and a woolly hat in the thumbnail on YouTube, albeit there's more than one with the same image!) where he says that he's looking forward to fighting the 175 pounders as he's confident he's actually stronger than them, and that he looks forward to proving those who say he can't / won't carry the fight to the bigger guys and be happy to let his hands go against them wrong. He goes on to say that if it'd been solely down to him, he'd have moved up "a couple of years ago" (so on that time frame, presumably after he more or less finished cleaning out 168 by winning the Super Six) but apparently Virgil Hunter advised against it and said he should stay at Super-Middle for as long as possible and then target the Light-Heavies further down the line. When asked if making 168 was or ever had been a problem, Ward replied that he never really had trouble making Super-Middle, but that it wasn't a complete doddle getting down there either.

He might have hedged his bets slightly since then as you say, but that one came straight from the horse's mouth. John David Jackson said that as a trainer, he's much more interested in getting Ward up to 175 to fight Kovalev than he is in going after the Stevenson fight. Would be a cracker.

Ward said he'd like to fight at heavyweight once but all of his recent interviews (this year) quote him as saying he's only a super middleweight.

hazharrison

Back to top Go down

Post by milkyboy Wed Mar 11, 2015 12:24 pm

I've heard him state that hunter wants him to stick at super. The son of god, a man who puts principles ahead of his career whilst fighting contract issues, doesn't have a say in the matter.

Regardless, GGG is 5'10 and not skinny. He's similar frame size to benn, Eubank etc, on the shortish side for a super middle but hardly a dwarf. If he fancies it, why not. Its not the biggest leap in boxing.

I'd love to see ward golovkin. In fact from a fans perspective (irrespective of their fan bases being significantly smaller than their talents/marketability), I can't think if a fight I'd rather see in boxing at the moment.

milkyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by hazharrison Wed Mar 11, 2015 12:47 pm

milkyboy wrote:I've heard him state that hunter wants him to stick at super. The son of god, a man who puts principles ahead of his career whilst fighting contract issues, doesn't have a say in the matter.

Regardless, GGG is 5'10 and not skinny. He's similar frame size to benn, Eubank etc, on the shortish side for a super middle but hardly a dwarf. If he fancies it, why not. Its not the biggest leap in boxing.

I'd love to see ward golovkin. In fact from a fans perspective (irrespective of their fan bases being significantly smaller than their talents/marketability), I can't think if a fight I'd rather see in boxing at the moment.

I'd take Golovkin vs Sven Ottke over these two opponents.

hazharrison

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Wed Mar 11, 2015 1:27 pm

point of order Milky...
Golovkin is 5'10.5
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Back to top Go down

Post by milkyboy Wed Mar 11, 2015 1:28 pm

With roger tillerman reffing.

milkyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by 88Chris05 Wed Mar 11, 2015 2:02 pm

Sven Ottke defended his Super-Middleweight titles in sensational fashion last night, condemning Gennady Golovkin to a unanimous decision loss and showing the Kazakh who the real star of Middleweight / Super-Middleweight boxing is. The judges, Jurgen Ottke, Tomasz Ottke and Yelena Ottke, returned cards of 139-11, 120-92 and 153-26 respectively.

But the score cards don't tell the whole story of a remarkable fight, one of many in Ottke's wonderful, triumphant career. The unsporting manner of Golovkin - at best questionable and lacking in honour, at worst outright cheating - meant that for a while the upset seemed on the cards. Caring not for the sacred venue - the o2 in Berlin, still rocking from two spine-tingling renditions of Deutschland uber Alles, which was played twice as nobody wants to hear the rubbish national anthem of some third-world toilet like Kazakhstan anyway - and giving no thought to the feelings of Ottke's adorring crowd, the Kazakh rule-bender set the ugly tone in the very first round with a hard, crisp jab which landed squarely on Ottke's face. Surprisingly, referee Andreas Ottke let the offence slide, bringing boos of derision from the crowd. And judges.

Faced with the greatest challenge of his long, illustrious career, Ottke dug deep in the second to recover from a devastating knockout. A right over the top, probably meant for the champion's midriff but landing on his jaw by some incalculable fluke, had the champion down for around 294 seconds, 210 of which saw him completely unconcsious. Revelling in his own loathsome evil, Golovkin extended his arm in a victory salute, seemingly untroubled by the heartache he was close to inflicting on the boxing world. But then, a remarkable scene. Atoning for his earlier gross incompetence, referee Ottke picked Ottke up and instructed Ottke, Ottke and Ottke at ringside to deduct sixteen points from the challenger's tally. Quite rightly, too - anyone who thinks that the 'knockout' punch was intended for where it landed clearly doesn't know sheet 'bout baxin'. Golovkin benefitting from such a piece of luck would have been unfair, and a black eye to the sport.

"Alright, it's been eight minutes now since you were knocked o...Sorry, I mean since you were fouled, Sven," Ottke told Ottke as he cradled his boyishly charming face in his hands. "Do you want me to disqualify him? I can do that if you'd like. You've shown you're the better man and you have nothing else to prove, son," he continued. "I know, Dad," replied Sven. "But I want to fight on. Let me carry on."

At times like this, there were no words to sum up the courage and honour we were witnessing. Just open mouths, teary eyes, aching hearts.

Ottke danced his way through the next few rounds brilliantly, taking not a single clean shot. Golovkin, who would later complain that this was in part due to the brand new twenty-foot Berlin wall built for this fight by Ottke Inc. and placed across the mid-section of the ring after the second round to keep him from getting to his opponent and doing something unfair like hitting him, cut a forlorn figure by the eighth round, during which he had another five points docked for looking at the referee in an inappropriate manner.

Miles ahead on points, it would have been easy for Ottke to have just seen it out. But ahead of the ninth, again showing his mettle, he insisted the Wall be torn down. "No more complaining, Golovkin - you've got what you want. Now let's really fight!" Incidentally, it was at this time it emerged that, for precisely sixty seconds between rounds, the ends of the ropes leading to Golovkin's corner appeared to become live and electrified, eventually causing Golovkin's chief second and cut man to stop even trying to talk to him between rounds, having become sick of the stream of electric shocks they were receiving. o2 officials have said in a statement that this was likely an unfortunate technical error and that they are investigating.

Golovkin looked clueless in the ninth, having no answer to the jab. That's the jab that ringside doctor, Helmut Ottke, forcibly administered to him at the start of the round, by the way. Never one to give his opponent any credit, Golovkin claimed that Dr. Ottke's syringe had contained a muscle relaxant, but this writer thinks it was the sheer brilliance and power of Ottke which had Golovkin flopping all over the place and on rubbery legs as the round wore on. So superb was the champion's onslaught that Golovkin was crumpling to the ground, his face sagging on both sides, without physical contact being made - indeed, the power of his punches, even when not landing, was so great that they evidently created an ultrasonic boom which overwhelmed the hapless challenger.

Golovkin 'recovered' (probably be foul means, but that's by the by) enough to get back on his feet for the twelfth. His lack of humility was again evident as he landed a clear head butt (his accent makes it sound like he's saying 'head' when he tries to say 'hand', so technically it was a head butt anyway), but Ottke took it with good humour, pretending that his legs were buckling and that his body had gone limp from the impact, and then crashing to the floor. All part of the act! Admittedly, some started to wonder if he'd actually been hurt in Golovkin's cowardly assault when he remained on the deck, motionless, for fourteen minutes, and nervous glances were exchanged by some audience members. They should have known better! Their champion was soon back up again!

The headbutt had left a slight bruising underneath Ottke's eye, however. There was a chance the eye could have closed a little had it been impacted again. It's at times like this that a strong referee is needed, and thankfully the bout had one in Andreas Ottke. "You think it's fair that the champion should only fight with one eye!?," he demanded of the ashen-faced Kazakh. "Let's see how you like it! Let's see how you fare fighting with only one arm, then!" Aided by security, the referee justifiably tied Golovkin's right hand behind his back for the remainder of the bout. Personally, I think he should have been disqualified there and then, but Ottke showed him compassion, no matter how undeserving he was of it. The additional seventy-four points deduction was almost an afterthought.

Ottke could so easily have totally flattened his foe for a kncokout of his own - a real one, not one of Golovkin's faux, illegal ones - in the final round, but when your opponent is so useless, so inept, so inferior to yourself, all you can do is laugh and take pity on them, and that's what Ottke did as he generously carried Golovkin to the final bell. So unworried was Ottke at this point that he decided to have the final bell rung early, making the final round just forty-one seconds in length - because really, what was the point?

This was supposed to be Ottke's greatest challenge. Golovkin was a killer, a beast, a machine. He was supposed to expose Ottke for the fraud some foolishly think he is. But like all the rest of them, he turned out to be just another opponent who tried to topple the mighty Sven, but who failed. Another wannabe who talked the talk beforehand, but who in the face of a real champion and when left to his own devices just crumbled. Deutschland uber Alles, and God speed Sven Ottke. Haters gonna hate, but they just can't beat him. There is no blue print.

By Cristoff Ottke.
88Chris05
88Chris05

Back to top Go down

Post by Derbymanc Wed Mar 11, 2015 2:06 pm

laughing clap

Derbymanc

Back to top Go down

Post by hazharrison Wed Mar 11, 2015 2:25 pm

88Chris05 wrote:Sven Ottke defended his Super-Middleweight titles in sensational fashion last night, condemning Gennady Golovkin to a unanimous decision loss and showing the Kazakh who the real star of Middleweight / Super-Middleweight boxing is. The judges, Jurgen Ottke, Tomasz Ottke and Yelena Ottke, returned cards of 139-11, 120-92 and 153-26 respectively.

But the score cards don't tell the whole story of a remarkable fight, one of many in Ottke's wonderful, triumphant career. The unsporting manner of Golovkin - at best questionable and lacking in honour, at worst outright cheating - meant that for a while the upset seemed on the cards. Caring not for the sacred venue - the o2 in Berlin, still rocking from two spine-tingling renditions of Deutschland uber Alles, which was played twice as nobody wants to hear the rubbish national anthem of some third-world toilet like Kazakhstan anyway - and giving no thought to the feelings of Ottke's adorring crowd, the Kazakh rule-bender set the ugly tone in the very first round with a hard, crisp jab which landed squarely on Ottke's face. Surprisingly, referee Andreas Ottke let the offence slide, bringing boos of derision from the crowd. And judges.

Faced with the greatest challenge of his long, illustrious career, Ottke dug deep in the second to recover from a devastating knockout. A right over the top, probably meant for the champion's midriff but landing on his jaw by some incalculable fluke, had the champion down for around 294 seconds, 210 of which saw him completely unconcsious. Revelling in his own loathsome evil, Golovkin extended his arm in a victory salute, seemingly untroubled by the heartache he was close to inflicting on the boxing world. But then, a remarkable scene. Atoning for his earlier gross incompetence, referee Ottke picked Ottke up and instructed Ottke, Ottke and Ottke at ringside to deduct sixteen points from the challenger's tally. Quite rightly, too - anyone who thinks that the 'knockout' punch was intended for where it landed clearly doesn't know sheet 'bout baxin'. Golovkin benefitting from such a piece of luck would have been unfair, and a black eye to the sport.

"Alright, it's been eight minutes now since you were knocked o...Sorry, I mean since you were fouled, Sven," Ottke told Ottke as he cradled his boyishly charming face in his hands. "Do you want me to disqualify him? I can do that if you'd like. You've shown you're the better man and you have nothing else to prove, son," he continued. "I know, Dad," replied Sven. "But I want to fight on. Let me carry on."

At times like this, there were no words to sum up the courage and honour we were witnessing. Just open mouths, teary eyes, aching hearts.

Ottke danced his way through the next few rounds brilliantly, taking not a single clean shot. Golovkin, who would later complain that this was in part due to the brand new twenty-foot Berlin wall built for this fight by Ottke Inc. and placed across the mid-section of the ring after the second round to keep him from getting to his opponent and doing something unfair like hitting him, cut a forlorn figure by the eighth round, during which he had another five points docked for looking at the referee in an inappropriate manner.

Miles ahead on points, it would have been easy for Ottke to have just seen it out. But ahead of the ninth, again showing his mettle, he insisted the Wall be torn down. "No more complaining, Golovkin - you've got what you want. Now let's really fight!" Incidentally, it was at this time it emerged that, for precisely sixty seconds between rounds, the ends of the ropes leading to Golovkin's corner appeared to become live and electrified, eventually causing Golovkin's chief second and cut man to stop even trying to talk to him between rounds, having become sick of the stream of electric shocks they were receiving. o2 officials have said in a statement that this was likely an unfortunate technical error and that they are investigating.

Golovkin looked clueless in the ninth, having no answer to the jab. That's the jab that ringside doctor, Helmut Ottke, forcibly administered to him at the start of the round, by the way. Never one to give his opponent any credit, Golovkin claimed that Dr. Ottke's syringe had contained a muscle relaxant, but this writer thinks it was the sheer brilliance and power of Ottke which had Golovkin flopping all over the place and on rubbery legs as the round wore on. So superb was the champion's onslaught that Golovkin was crumpling to the ground, his face sagging on both sides, without physical contact being made - indeed, the power of his punches, even when not landing, was so great that they evidently created an ultrasonic boom which overwhelmed the hapless challenger.

Golovkin 'recovered' (probably be foul means, but that's by the by) enough to get back on his feet for the twelfth. His lack of humility was again evident as he landed a clear head butt (his accent makes it sound like he's saying 'head' when he tries to say 'hand', so technically it was a head butt anyway), but Ottke took it with good humour, pretending that his legs were buckling and that his body had gone limp from the impact, and then crashing to the floor. All part of the act! Admittedly, some started to wonder if he'd actually been hurt in Golovkin's cowardly assault when he remained on the deck, motionless, for fourteen minutes, and nervous glances were exchanged by some audience members. They should have known better! Their champion was soon back up again!

The headbutt had left a slight bruising underneath Ottke's eye, however. There was a chance the eye could have closed a little had it been impacted again. It's at times like this that a strong referee is needed, and thankfully the bout had one in Andreas Ottke. "You think it's fair that the champion should only fight with one eye!?," he demanded of the ashen-faced Kazakh. "Let's see how you like it! Let's see how you fare fighting with only one arm, then!" Aided by security, the referee justifiably tied Golovkin's right hand behind his back for the remainder of the bout. Personally, I think he should have been disqualified there and then, but Ottke showed him compassion, no matter how undeserving he was of it. The additional seventy-four points deduction was almost an afterthought.

Ottke could so easily have totally flattened his foe for a kncokout of his own - a real one, not one of Golovkin's faux, illegal ones - in the final round, but when your opponent is so useless, so inept, so inferior to yourself, all you can do is laugh and take pity on them, and that's what Ottke did as he generously carried Golovkin to the final bell. So unworried was Ottke at this point that he decided to have the final bell rung early, making the final round just forty-one seconds in length - because really, what was the point?

This was supposed to be Ottke's greatest challenge. Golovkin was a killer, a beast, a machine. He was supposed to expose Ottke for the fraud some foolishly think he is. But like all the rest of them, he turned out to be just another opponent who tried to topple the mighty Sven, but who failed. Another wannabe who talked the talk beforehand, but who in the face of a real champion and when left to his own devices just crumbled. Deutschland uber Alles, and God speed Sven Ottke. Haters gonna hate, but they just can't beat him. There is no blue print.

By Cristoff Ottke.

Lol! BoxingNews24 would probably publish that unknowingly!

hazharrison

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Wed Mar 11, 2015 2:59 pm

Rodney wrote:
TRUSSMAN66 wrote:Floyd has fought 6 p4p top 10 fighters.....before number 3 Manny...

Are Maidana, Guerrero and Ortiz any better in ability than GGG last numerous opponents ?

Cheers, Rodders

Yes.............Stupid question............

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Soldier_Of_Fortune Wed Mar 11, 2015 3:12 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:
Rodney wrote:

Cheers, Rodders

Apart from Ortiz?

Soldier_Of_Fortune

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Wed Mar 11, 2015 3:17 pm

Soldier_Of_Fortune wrote:
TRUSSMAN66 wrote:
Rodney wrote:

Cheers, Rodders

Apart from Ortiz?

You can debate Ortiz.............

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by AdamT Wed Mar 11, 2015 3:50 pm

GGG is on my top ten best ever fighters list. Everybody is afraid of him so that is better than actually beating someone other than bin men.

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Post by owen10ozzy Wed Mar 11, 2015 3:57 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:
Rodney wrote:

Cheers, Rodders

Martin Murray win is on a par with Maidana....

Murray took on Martinez who was in more of a prime point in his career than he was against Cotto... and on most people's scorecards one...that performance at the minimum equals Maidana's biggest win to date which was against Broner; before the 3 weight champion gets spouted, Duke Mckenzie was one of those too.

As for Ortiz...no better than Daniel Geale. Ortiz biggest win was against Andre Berto who has hardly set the world alight since and before that he was smacked around by Marcos Maidana, Effectively they are both 'B+' players in their respective divisions.

You could argue Guerrero is better than anything GGG has fought, but even then your talking about his record 2 divisions below where he's at now. At 147 his biggest win is the already mentioned Andre Berto.

And before you say anything I'm not trying to say Mayweather is avoiding GGG or that GGG is better...he isn't and he hasn't even come close to proving it...but don't sugarcoat some of Mayweathers decent wins as anything other than that. If your going to come up with names to do a service to Mayweather and argue against GGG then use the likes of Castillo, Corrales, Alvarez; far far more impressive than the 3 you listed!

Last edited by owen10ozzy on Wed Mar 11, 2015 4:11 pm; edited 1 time in total

owen10ozzy

http://aviewfrommyarmchair.wordpress.com

Back to top Go down

Post by AdamT Wed Mar 11, 2015 4:04 pm

Are you guys really comparing a good fighter who at this minute is a bit of a hype job (might prove to be great in time) to this generations greatest fighter?

Floyd's record is much better than GGG. Martin Murray and Macklin hardly compare to the Canelos and Cottos of this world.

Guys, you love GGG and hate Floyd. Really though, lets be sensible here!

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Post by Scottrf Wed Mar 11, 2015 4:08 pm

owen10ozzy wrote:Murray took on 2 champions and won both contests on everyone's scorecards except the judges
Not a fair comment. I thought Sturm beat him, as did quite a few others. https://www.606v2.com/t19472-sturm-v-murray

Scottrf

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next