The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tureano Johnson or Jorge Sebastian Heiland next for Golovkin - urrrgghhhhhhhhh

+14
owen10ozzy
AdamT
Derbymanc
milkyboy
Scottrf
wheelchair1991
88Chris05
Rodney
TRUSSMAN66
John Bloody Wayne
kingraf
Soldier_Of_Fortune
Kareem61
hazharrison
18 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Tureano Johnson or Jorge Sebastian Heiland next for Golovkin - urrrgghhhhhhhhh  - Page 2 Empty Tureano Johnson or Jorge Sebastian Heiland next for Golovkin - urrrgghhhhhhhhh

Post by hazharrison Wed 11 Mar 2015, 9:52 am

First topic message reminder :

I've never heard of Johnson; Heiland is the guy who recently beat Matt Macklin.

I like the way Golovkin stays busy but his situation at middleweight is becoming ludicrous.

hazharrison

Back to top Go down

Tureano Johnson or Jorge Sebastian Heiland next for Golovkin - urrrgghhhhhhhhh  - Page 2 Empty Re: Tureano Johnson or Jorge Sebastian Heiland next for Golovkin - urrrgghhhhhhhhh

Post by owen10ozzy Wed 11 Mar 2015, 4:08 pm

Ermm nope I'm not....I think I said as much at the end of my post Adam...

owen10ozzy

http://aviewfrommyarmchair.wordpress.com

Back to top Go down

Tureano Johnson or Jorge Sebastian Heiland next for Golovkin - urrrgghhhhhhhhh  - Page 2 Empty Re: Tureano Johnson or Jorge Sebastian Heiland next for Golovkin - urrrgghhhhhhhhh

Post by AdamT Wed 11 Mar 2015, 4:10 pm

owen10ozzy wrote:Ermm nope I'm not....I think I said as much at the end of my post Adam...

Wasn't aimed at you mate, just people in general on here.

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Post by Hammersmith harrier Wed 11 Mar 2015, 4:11 pm

You had Murray beating Sturm Owen?

From my recollection most thought it was a fairly comfortable Sturm win but was called a draw as the judges tried to level up the scores because of the Macklin fight which most did have Sturm losing. He did beat Martinez in everything but name but his subsequent fight with Cotto showed that he's a spent force, his knee was buggered during the Chavez fight and hasn't improved at all since.

Ortiz was a money spinner no more no less, a one trick pony with no heart (relatively speaking) who has on four occassions now looked for the easy way out.

Maidana and Guerrero however match up to Murray, Macklin and Geale quite comfortably, all good contenders (belt holders) at the weight but never going to be expected to beat their respective top dogs. Welterweight being far stronger than Middleweight currently is does give the 160lb trio an unbalanced reputation because they are higher ranked than their 147lb equals. The top 6 at Welterweight are comfortably better than anyone at Middleweight other than Golovkin.

Hammersmith harrier

Back to top Go down

Post by owen10ozzy Wed 11 Mar 2015, 4:12 pm

Scottrf wrote:
owen10ozzy wrote:Murray took on 2 champions and won both contests on everyone's scorecards except the judges
Not a fair comment. I thought Sturm beat him, as did quite a few others. https://www.606v2.com/t19472-sturm-v-murray

You are correct Scott; Matthew Macklin I was thinking of I think...my point regards Murray's best performance vs Martinez still stands though.

owen10ozzy

http://aviewfrommyarmchair.wordpress.com

Back to top Go down

Post by BoxingFan88 Wed 11 Mar 2015, 6:08 pm

Isn't Golovkin mandatory for the WBC that Cotto has? So he takes a stay busy fight whilst waiting, Cotto has to fight him or vacate, its that simple.

BoxingFan88

Back to top Go down

Post by Hammersmith harrier Wed 11 Mar 2015, 6:32 pm

I don't think that will bother Cotto too much, he gets stripped of his WBC title but hangs onto his lineal claim which Rocnation will push in future fights.

Hammersmith harrier

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Bounce Wed 11 Mar 2015, 6:43 pm

This is a horrible "treading water" fight for GGG. The poor guy does have a "damned if he does damned if he doesn't" kind of status. He wants the big fights at 160lbs (not 168 or 154 note) but has been avoided by those expected to offer him the biggest challenge. Take a bow Miguel Cotto (who is gambling on a big payday with Floyd/Canelo/AN Other which appears to be dead in the water) and Peter Quillin (who dumped his title in the bin and ran off rather than face him). He's taken care of the next best in line Murray and took apart Geale who most expected to last a while longer (dive?).

I am not GGG's biggest fan and believe he has his flaws but he does at least try to fight everyone. It's probably not his fault that all that's left are nobodies. The 168lb-ers are close to retirement (Froch), only recently returning after years out (Ward), would never leave Germany again and are contracted to rematch Stieglitz AGAIN (Abraham) and Dirrell and DeGale are already fighting later this year. About the only other person left to fight is Lemieux. So for now, let's give him a bit of a break, wait for the lineal titleholder to actually agree to fight someone and enjoy what happens next. You never know - Cotto might actually go for it...

Mr Bounce

Back to top Go down

Post by catchweight Wed 11 Mar 2015, 7:06 pm

He is mandatory for Cotto now and this is a fight to keep him busy while Cotto looks for a suitable welterweight to defend against. After that, Cotto will have to give up the belt or face the music hopefully. If he wants to stay busy and fight in a couple of months, who else can he get at the moment thats available and willing?

catchweight

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2