The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Japan, Indies and Everything Else

+21
Ché Guerrero
RinoGattuso
XR
adamk
Electric Demon
marty2086
TheCelticGarbutt
JCmag82
temporary21
NickisBHAFC
President Trump
The_Enigma
Dr Gregory House MD
Hero
ncfc_Tooze
Crimey
Dolphin Ziggler
Adam D
Samo
Ian2307
Prometheus
25 posters

Page 16 of 17 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17  Next

Go down

Japan, Indies and Everything Else - Page 16 Empty Japan, Indies and Everything Else

Post by Prometheus Tue 16 Jun 2015, 7:48 pm

First topic message reminder :

So, to save me opening a hundred different threads that would most likely be populated by House and myself, here's a thread that everyone is welcome to contribute to on Lucha Underground, Ring of Honor, PWG, Evolution, New Japan, NOAH, AAA and basically anything that is not WWE, NXT or TNA.
Prometheus
Prometheus

Back to top Go down

Japan, Indies and Everything Else - Page 16 Empty Re: Japan, Indies and Everything Else

Post by Samo Sun 06 Jan 2019, 6:05 am

Omega just gets better and better. It’ll be interesting to see if he now goes to WWE or sticks around to work with Cody and the Bucks at AEW.

Samo

Back to top Go down

Japan, Indies and Everything Else - Page 16 Empty Re: Japan, Indies and Everything Else

Post by Dr Gregory House MD Mon 07 Jan 2019, 7:31 am

I fancy him to stick around in New Japan and try to work with AEW as well, I wasn’t that hot on Omega’s title run, particularly post G1 but he really redeemed himself with that match, probably my favourite Dome main event

Dr Gregory House MD

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Tue 08 Jan 2019, 10:48 pm

AEW Roster (so far)

SCU (Daniels,Kazarian,Scorpio Sky)
Cody
Teh Young Bucks
OWE promotion Agreement
Britt Baker
Possible Japanese Women's talent coming in
The MJF
Joey Janela & Penelope
Hangman Adam Page
PAC
2nd show in Jacksonville,FL
Chris Jericho

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr Gregory House MD Wed 09 Jan 2019, 1:16 pm

Fernando wrote:AEW Roster (so far)

SCU (Daniels,Kazarian,Scorpio Sky)
Cody
Teh Young Bucks
OWE promotion Agreement
Britt Baker
Possible Japanese Women's talent coming in
The MJF
Joey Janela & Penelope
Hangman Adam Page
PAC
2nd show in Jacksonville,FL
Chris Jericho

They also announced Doube or Nothing at MGM Garden which I assume is them going for 20k (I haven’t checked the building figures)

Hyped for the OWE deal, those Chinese gymnasts can do all the flips, also Stronghears vs The Elite would be quality

They’re also talking about giving contracted wrestlers employee benefits, the language used was discouragingly tentative but at the same time they’re at least talking about it and could be a real game changer for the business if they could get it off the ground

Dr Gregory House MD

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr Gregory House MD Wed 09 Jan 2019, 1:27 pm

Just checked at the MGM holds 17k & change, be interesting if they can still attract the same audience as I imagine teaming up with the Khans detracts from the DIY Indy spirit that persuaded a lot of people to make the first one happen

Still we’re only one degree of separation away from getting Big Claudio Ranieri in the ring

Dr Gregory House MD

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Wed 09 Jan 2019, 1:52 pm

I think they’re still seen as the alternative to “the machine” or your old school version of “the man” so they’ll keep that audience. Think the Khans are worth nearly $4bn more than Vince, but we’re a long way from that causing any trouble.

I think developments with Omega are the most interesting. No name so far has been a surprise, but Omega sounds like he holds the key to any working relationship with NJPW.

Also intrigue around Marty. His partner is obviously in WWE, he’s clearly good friends with people in WWE too (Zack Ryder for one), and I’d assume there’s as big a chance he goes there as to join his friends in AEW once he’s free of contract.

I suspect a lot of wrestlers who were once allowed to easily request release to go work Indy dates will now be held to contracts.

The medical pay stuff is interesting, although some would say the issue is hugely exaggerated by fans. I’ve seen it said that WWE do cover bills and such for injuries sustained wrestling.

Also, I think I read Billy Gunn is signed on as a producer.

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr Gregory House MD Wed 09 Jan 2019, 5:36 pm

Omega is currently subject of a bidding war between the 3 biggest players in wrestling, I think he’d be mad to rush into anything, I’ve seen it said in his Tokyo sports interview that he’s continuing to lay ground work for a rematch with Tanahashi so I think he’s at least looking to go back in his best case scenario

Whatever you want to say about the Khans they own Fulham & The Jaguars so they know how to back a winner

Dr Gregory House MD

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Wed 09 Jan 2019, 5:51 pm

Dr Gregory House MD wrote:Omega is currently subject of a bidding war between the 3 biggest players in wrestling, I think he’d be mad to rush into anything, I’ve seen it said in his Tokyo sports interview that he’s continuing to lay ground work for a rematch with Tanahashi so I think he’s at least looking to go back in his best case scenario

Whatever you want to say about the Khans they own Fulham & The Jaguars so they know how to back a winner

Indeed, although the noises would suggest WWE are out of it. It seems from what's being said that Omega wants to do more with NJPW, and that they will bend over backwards for him, including working with AEW if it means they keep their man.

It sounds like they're offering very strong contracts, so WWE may well lose talent in the long run. Theres indy darlings that will now have an alternative when negotiations start and/or they are misused. I would guess anyone who is friends with Cody and the like will be linked.

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Wed 09 Jan 2019, 5:54 pm

Podcaster from China about AEW: “Just talked to an OWE personnel. This is what I was told about AEW. 1. Expect PWG, Wrestle-1, DDT and AAA to join AEW. 2. AEW wrestlers are expected to wrestle at OWE events. 3. TNT or TBS may already've been final, but most likely a tape show and not prime time.”

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr Gregory House MD Wed 09 Jan 2019, 6:02 pm

Dolphin Ziggler wrote:Podcaster from China about AEW: “Just talked to an OWE personnel. This is what I was told about AEW. 1. Expect PWG, Wrestle-1, DDT and AAA to join AEW. 2. AEW wrestlers are expected to wrestle at OWE events. 3. TNT or TBS may already've been final, but most likely a tape show and not prime time.”

The DDT part is interesting, would make it more likely the joshi talent coming in would be from Tokyo Joshi Pro rather than Stardom as a lot of people seem to have assumed, which make sense seeing as Stardom and ROH seem to have some sort of working agreement

Dr Gregory House MD

Back to top Go down

Post by Samo Thu 10 Jan 2019, 6:21 am

Certainly doesnt sound like your average start-up Indy fed. Its still very early on but they’ve got the potential to be much more competition to WWE than Impact ever was.

Samo

Back to top Go down

Post by Marky Thu 10 Jan 2019, 7:59 am

Dolphin Ziggler wrote:1. Expect PWG

Where's Nando? I told him PWG would be on board as a non WWE or NJPW affiliated company, I told him!

Marky

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr Gregory House MD Fri 11 Jan 2019, 12:16 am

The Bucks in many ways are PWG these days, not suprised to see them kept on board, also heard it heavily rumoured Exculiber will be brought on as a commentator which would be a fantastic choice, I think he’s excellent

Dr Gregory House MD

Back to top Go down

Post by Samo Fri 11 Jan 2019, 1:54 pm

If there was any doubt about how serious WWE were about the UK scene, they’ve just opened the UK Performance Centre.

Samo

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr Gregory House MD Sun 20 Jan 2019, 7:42 pm

Early reports suggest Kid Lykos has injured his shoulder at Progress

Hopefully not as serious as it sounds, this’d be the 3rd injury he’s sustained since the end of 2017 and he missed around 9 months in total last year between them

Dr Gregory House MD

Back to top Go down

Post by Samo Sun 20 Jan 2019, 10:22 pm

Dr Gregory House MD wrote:Early reports suggest Kid Lykos has injured his shoulder at Progress

Hopefully not as serious as it sounds, this’d be the 3rd injury he’s sustained since the end of 2017 and he missed around 9 months in total last year between them

Just saw him have a cracker at Discovery Wrestling on friday night too.

Samo

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr Gregory House MD Mon 21 Jan 2019, 12:56 am

Samo wrote:
Dr Gregory House MD wrote:Early reports suggest Kid Lykos has injured his shoulder at Progress

You should have said hi

Dr Gregory House MD

Back to top Go down

Post by Marky Mon 21 Jan 2019, 7:04 am

Such a shame Lykos is made of paper mache

Marky

Back to top Go down

Post by Samo Mon 21 Jan 2019, 10:21 am

Dr Gregory House MD wrote:
Samo wrote:

You should have said hi

Had I known I would have. I'll just shout HOUSE at the derby Laugh

Samo

Back to top Go down

Post by Marky Mon 21 Jan 2019, 12:49 pm

Absolutely buzzing to be going to Progress x Kaiju Big Battel on this years Super Strong Style 16 weekend, it's gonna be something special.

I also have a theory about how Dr Cube is actually David Starr. But it's still real to me dammit.

Marky

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr Gregory House MD Tue 22 Jan 2019, 10:49 am

Samo wrote:
Samo wrote:

You should have said hi

Had I known I would have.  I'll just shout HOUSE at the derby Laugh

I’m usually easy to spot because I’m standing at the back but there was quite a few doing that this time, hoping to make the Derby but I also want to see Ilja at ICW and PAC in Aberdeen, see if I can sell the missus 4 wrestling shows in 4 months, probably dependent on me getting my car fixed so I’m not hammering her mileage

Dr Gregory House MD

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Mon 11 Feb 2019, 1:08 pm

NJPW Spoilers:

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr Gregory House MD Mon 11 Feb 2019, 10:42 pm

Fernando wrote:
NJPW Spoilers:

Spoiler:

Dr Gregory House MD

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Tue 12 Feb 2019, 11:30 am

Kota Ibushi has signed a 2 year deal with NJ.

Which is very odd cos he's always been a freelancer talent.

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr Gregory House MD Fri 15 Feb 2019, 1:40 pm

OTT have announced Jushin Liger as the replacement for Will Ospreay for their Scrappermania show that also features British Strong Style

In a world where everyone is tied up in contractual red tape I never ceased to be amazed by OTT’s ability to book whoever they Frak like

Dr Gregory House MD

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr Gregory House MD Wed 27 Feb 2019, 1:03 am

1 and a half matches into Square Go and I was feeling positive about ICW for the first time in forever, then boom, run in, no contest, something’s never change

Dr Gregory House MD

Back to top Go down

Post by Samo Wed 27 Feb 2019, 6:45 am

They’ve been on a slump for a while. It was always going to be a tough ask maintaining the popularity that brought 6000 fans to the SECC and Hydro but they dont seem to have been able to adapt. Think Renfrew leaving has hurt them more than most would have thought.

Too many things going against them. Started up the Rudo Entertainment group, turned Coffey and Grado and aligned them with Red Lightning then they both took leave not long after. A couple of poor championship runs aswell with DCT and Jackie Polo. A rehash of heel Dallas building to him getting his comeuppance.

I think Dallas needs to take a step back from being a talent and focus on running his business. Either only show up to make a match or get someone else to be on screen authority.

Samo

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr Gregory House MD Wed 27 Feb 2019, 1:13 pm

All I want from them is good wrestling and a bit more focus on what’s happening in the ring instead of outside shenanigans, I really thought Joe winning the belt might have been a step in that direction but turning him and aligning him with the never ending Red Lighting story was my breaking point

They have an asthetic but I think they need to find a way to marry that with decent in ring and logical story telling rather than late 90s style run ins and shock value

Barring the end of the women’s match Square Go has been a step in the right direction, even if 95% of the crowd (and Billy clearly despite his best efforts to bluff it) had no idea who Ilja was that was the best ICW match I’ve seen in forever, and the Kings winning the tag belts is a really positive result, hopefully Lightning winning the Rumble might be the epilogue to his story rather than a sign it’s going to continue into its 5th year but I don’t hold out much hope

Dr Gregory House MD

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr Gregory House MD Sun 03 Mar 2019, 12:14 pm

Heading off to Edinburgh for Disco, you going today Samo?

Dr Gregory House MD

Back to top Go down

Post by Samo Sun 03 Mar 2019, 1:07 pm

Dr Gregory House MD wrote:Heading off to Edinburgh for Disco, you going today Samo?

Nah working this evening, gutted. Should be a good night though, Coffey vs Girvan should be a belter.

Samo

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr Gregory House MD Sun 03 Mar 2019, 2:42 pm

Samo wrote:
Dr Gregory House MD wrote:Heading off to Edinburgh for Disco, you going today Samo?

Nah working this evening, gutted.  Should be a good night though, Coffey vs Girvan should be a belter.

That’s unfortunate

There match at the 3rd anniversary was excellent so I’ve got high hopes, had a bugger up with my trains so I now have to be back at the station for 7.15, hopefully the show finishes on time but there’s a good chance I’ll miss the main event

Dr Gregory House MD

Back to top Go down

Post by NickisBHAFC Sun 03 Mar 2019, 8:23 pm

Jordan Breaks is the future of the English indie scene.

NickisBHAFC

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr Gregory House MD Sun 03 Mar 2019, 8:26 pm

NickisBHAFC wrote:Jordan Breaks is the future of the English indie scene.

I’d raise you Josh Terry, though he’s from Cumbria so we’ll claim him if you want

Dr Gregory House MD

Back to top Go down

Post by NickisBHAFC Sun 03 Mar 2019, 8:35 pm

He’s a crap OJMO.

NickisBHAFC

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr Gregory House MD Sun 03 Mar 2019, 11:04 pm

NickisBHAFC wrote:He’s a crap OJMO.

The man did my first live Dragonrana 10ft in front of me tonight, he’s a god in my eyes

Dr Gregory House MD

Back to top Go down

Post by Marky Mon 04 Mar 2019, 11:00 am

I’d raise you Josh Terry, though he’s from Cumbria so we’ll claim him if you want

You say "the future" like the current crop will be gone in 5 years, they're all early 20's Laugh

(Plus the correct answer is Maverick Mayhew)

Marky

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr Gregory House MD Mon 04 Mar 2019, 12:32 pm

Marky wrote:

You say "the future" like the current crop will be gone in 5 years, they'll all be in NXT UK Laugh

(Plus the correct answer is Maverick Mayhew)

Fixed it for you thumbsup

Dr Gregory House MD

Back to top Go down

Post by Marky Mon 04 Mar 2019, 12:49 pm

TBF, when new guys go to NXT UK, it means others will leave.

Marky

Back to top Go down

Post by Marky Thu 25 Apr 2019, 9:32 am

Excited for Progress SSS16, got my tickets for Days 1 and 3 this morning, and Kaiju Big Battel on the evening of Day 1 as well.

Tournament draw yet to be done, but my early pick is David Starr

Marky

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr Gregory House MD Thu 25 Apr 2019, 11:21 am

Starr would be an interesting prospect, he’s very much gone scorched earth on WXW for selling out to WWE, if he did win I’d be curious if Progress would go a similar route

Dr Gregory House MD

Back to top Go down

Post by Marky Thu 25 Apr 2019, 12:26 pm

My theory is, the time is right for him to finally beat Walter, with Walter in NXT UK, fewer and fewer indies allowing WWE and non WWE guys to wrestle each other, and Walter as Progress Champion. Starr winning SSS16, and building towards beating Walter for the title (before Walter leaves Progress) would be gold.

Marky

Back to top Go down

Post by Marky Thu 25 Apr 2019, 12:28 pm

I mean, there's a chance Walter loses his World Title to Trent Seven on Day 2, but I don't see it happening.

Marky

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Thu 25 Apr 2019, 7:19 pm

Japan, Indies and Everything Else - Page 16 58663949_10213199530454925_4043376010245177344_n.jpg?_nc_cat=108&_nc_ht=scontent.fltn1-1

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by Marky Thu 25 Apr 2019, 8:35 pm

My predictions;

Ilja Dragunov v Chris Brookes
Aerostar v Trevor Lee
Travis Banks v DJZ
Artemis Spencer v David Starr
Kyle O'Reilly v Chris Ridgeway
Darby Allin v Paul Robinson
Lucky Kid v Jordan Devlin
Kyle Fletcher v DAGA

Ilja Dragunov v Trevor Lee
Travis Banks v David Starr
Kyle O'Reilly v Darby Allin
Jordan Devlin v Kyle Fletcher

Ilja Dragunov v David Starr
Kyle O'Reilly v Jordan Devlin

David Starr v Jordan Devlin

Marky

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr Gregory House MD Fri 26 Apr 2019, 10:42 am

Marky wrote:My theory is, the time is right for him to finally beat Walter, with Walter in NXT UK, fewer and fewer indies allowing WWE and non WWE guys to wrestle each other, and Walter as Progress Champion. Starr winning SSS16, and building towards beating Walter for the title (before Walter leaves Progress) would be gold.

I don’t think Walter & Starr would allow themselves to complete that story outside of WXW (which they’re on the precipice of anyways), it’s their story and I think the guys would have enough respect not to give it a way on a company that’s not contributed to any of the build

I’m also convinced Trent is beating Walter

Dr Gregory House MD

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr Gregory House MD Tue 30 Apr 2019, 12:31 am

https://mobile.twitter.com/TheProductDS/status/1122970042633805825

Holy Poopie!! He’s doing it!! He’s doing it!!

Dr Gregory House MD

Back to top Go down

Post by Marky Tue 30 Apr 2019, 7:55 am

I saw that. Doubling down on my prediction now. I'll be shocked if he doesn't win it.

Marky

Back to top Go down

Post by Marky Fri 03 May 2019, 8:32 am

Too many people think Havoc v Moxley is happening at SSS16 Day 3. I can see the logic, what with Progress and WWE's links, but still.

Marky

Back to top Go down

Post by Uryu Ishida Wed 19 Jun 2019, 8:45 pm

RIP Lionheart

Uryu Ishida

Back to top Go down

Post by Samo Thu 20 Jun 2019, 1:31 am

Uryu Ishida wrote:RIP Lionheart

Absolutely devastated. A cornerstone of Scottish wrestling, the complete package and a very nice guy to boot. This is a hard one to take. RIP Adrian.

Samo

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 16 of 17 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17  Next