The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

+27
pedro
westisbest
McLaren
puligny
kwinigolfer
SmithersJones
Eyetoldyouso
BlueCoverman
MontysMerkin
Mad for Chelsea
lorus59
Bob_the_Job
Dolphin Ziggler
Davie
Be_the_ball
1GrumpyGolfer
hend085
JAS
GunsGerms
beninho
golfermartin
Roller_Coaster
I'm never wrong
incontinentia
raycastleunited
MustPuttBetter
super_realist
31 posters

Page 12 of 20 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 16 ... 20  Next

Go down

Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread - Page 12 Empty Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

Post by super_realist Tue 01 Sep 2015, 1:50 pm

First topic message reminder :

It's more the leaving it to the last minute which is nonsense. It is appalling business practice for the buyer to do this, as the seller knows they can keep the price high.

What is the point in the window being open for two months if nothing gets done until the last day? Just make it a day long, the opposite of a DFS sale.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread - Page 12 Empty Re: Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

Post by pedro Tue 01 Dec 2015, 9:00 am

kwinigolfer wrote:Is that golfer swine?
Yeah that's what I thought.

pedro

Back to top Go down

Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread - Page 12 Empty Re: Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

Post by super_realist Tue 01 Dec 2015, 9:05 am

pedro wrote:Ok, Davis Cup isn't what it used to be, but tennis for sure is a big sport almost all over the world and everybody has a team in Davis Cup. As JAS says you also need to beat several good teams to reach the finals.

Only a handful of nations bother with cricket, bandy, curling, synch swimming and the likes, and is dominated by the same 2 or 3 nations year in year out. Imo it'd be a bit hilarious being voted team of the year when there's hardly more than 5 teams playing the sport.

I'm no curling fan, but I'm pretty sure there are more countries that do/play Curling than play cricket. (mind you, they wear trousers too, and it's effectively bowls on ice, so not much of a sport either)

I'd like to see a Performance of the Year Award in SPOTY too though.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by navyblueshorts Tue 01 Dec 2015, 10:14 am

super_realist wrote:
navyblueshorts wrote:
super_realist wrote:Yeah, all opinion Ben, to me though, like golf, Cricket isn't enough of a sport, something in which you wear pressed trousers, stand around doing nothing for hours and stop for tea and cucumber sandwiches is not a sport to me....
You don't half talk baloney sometimes don't you? Try being a quick bowler in a test match? Or, for that matter, try facing one. Try batting for any length of time in that gear, in hot weather, while playing a one day match? Try fielding point/gully to quickies? Or keeping wicket? Do you see many of the top players looking out of shape these days? Doh

There's more to 'sport' than huge aerobic/anaerobic feats.

As Ben says though, all opinions....but yours is pants on this one raspberry.

You could say the same for standing under the lights on the oche, or at the snooker etc.

I feel a sport needs to be aerobic, otherwise I consider it a past time.

Fat cricketers? Samit Patel? Robert Key? Jesse Ryder?, Ul-Haq?, Ranatunga?,
We weren't talking about snooker or darts though. As for those cricketers, not very good examples methinks. Patel? Too fat so isn't picked for England. Ryder? See Patel. The others? Retired. I doubt they'd make it at the top now as there's very little room for players who can't run/catch/field extremely well.
navyblueshorts
navyblueshorts

Back to top Go down

Post by raycastleunited Tue 01 Dec 2015, 10:26 am

pedro wrote:
kwinigolfer wrote:Is that golfer swine?
Yeah that's what I thought.

I thought that, but then really the most appropriate would be golfers whine

raycastleunited

Back to top Go down

Post by raycastleunited Tue 01 Dec 2015, 10:30 am

pedro wrote:Ok, Davis Cup isn't what it used to be, but tennis for sure is a big sport almost all over the world and everybody has a team in Davis Cup. As JAS says you also need to beat several good teams to reach the finals.

Only a handful of nations bother with cricket, bandy, curling, synch swimming and the likes, and is dominated by the same 2 or 3 nations year in year out. Imo it'd be a bit hilarious being voted team of the year when there's hardly more than 5 teams playing the sport.

Yes, but it's not really a team performance when there are 5 points available in each tie and one player is able to win 3 of them. Didn't Murray win 11 out of GB's 12 points in the entire competition?

I can imagine how the doubles went: "Just get your serve in bro, I'll do the rest."

raycastleunited

Back to top Go down

Post by raycastleunited Tue 01 Dec 2015, 10:31 am

navyblueshorts wrote:
super_realist wrote:
navyblueshorts wrote:
super_realist wrote:Yeah, all opinion Ben, to me though, like golf, Cricket isn't enough of a sport, something in which you wear pressed trousers, stand around doing nothing for hours and stop for tea and cucumber sandwiches is not a sport to me....
You don't half talk baloney sometimes don't you? Try being a quick bowler in a test match? Or, for that matter, try facing one. Try batting for any length of time in that gear, in hot weather, while playing a one day match? Try fielding point/gully to quickies? Or keeping wicket? Do you see many of the top players looking out of shape these days? Doh

There's more to 'sport' than huge aerobic/anaerobic feats.

As Ben says though, all opinions....but yours is pants on this one raspberry.

You could say the same for standing under the lights on the oche, or at the snooker etc.

I feel a sport needs to be aerobic, otherwise I consider it a past time.

Well said Navy. Cricket is now a sport that requires athleticism at the elite level.

Fat cricketers? Samit Patel? Robert Key? Jesse Ryder?, Ul-Haq?, Ranatunga?,
We weren't talking about snooker or darts though. As for those cricketers, not very good examples methinks. Patel? Too fat so isn't picked for England. Ryder? See Patel. The others? Retired. I doubt they'd make it at the top now as there's very little room for players who can't run/catch/field extremely well.

raycastleunited

Back to top Go down

Post by Davie Tue 01 Dec 2015, 10:49 am

http://metro.co.uk/2015/11/30/a-group-called-overweight-haters-ltd-is-handing-out-hateful-fat-shaming-cards-to-women-on-the-tube-5535323/

Super - is this you? Doh

Davie

Back to top Go down

Post by Mad for Chelsea Tue 01 Dec 2015, 11:02 am

raycastleunited wrote:

Yes, but it's not really a team performance when there are 5 points available in each tie and one player is able to win 3 of them. Didn't Murray win 11 out of GB's 12 points in the entire competition?

I can imagine how the doubles went: "Just get your serve in bro, I'll do the rest."

You do realise Jamie made two slam finals in doubles this year? And was probably the best player on the court in both the QFs and SFs? (Andy dominated the final, the clay surface not being completely to Jamie's liking) Slightly silly statement...

Mad for Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by Mad for Chelsea Tue 01 Dec 2015, 11:17 am

Back to SPOTY, no love for Adam Peaty? World champion in both 50 and 100 metre breaststroke (he won a mixed medley relay too, but that's a somewhat silly - though fun - race, that not many countries take seriously, viz France not even putting a team out...). Oh, and he broke the world records for both distances too. Not bad.

Going through the shortlist:

Mo Farah - just incredible dominance over 5,000 and 10,000 metres for a while now.
Adam Peaty - see above.
Jess Ennis-Hill - world heptathlon champion.
Greg Rutherford - added the world title to his Commonwealth, European and of course Olympic titles. Also won the Diamond League I think. Not the longest jumper in history, or even the world this year, but delivers time after time when it matters most.
Lizzie Armistead - Road race world champion. Also won the women's road world cup (rewards the most consistent cyclist of the season, basically). Very dominant year.
Lewis Hamilton - won the drivers championship for the third time.
Andy Murray - drove GB to Davis Cup win, finished second in the world for the first time.
Max Whitlock - a gold medal (first man to win one for GB) and two silvers at the world championship.
Kevin Sinfield - don't really follow League, but drove Leeds to the treble.
Tyson Fury - became the undisputed Heavyweight world champion by beating Klitschko, who was unbeaten in 11 years, and had previously defended his title 19 times.
Chris Froome - won the Tour de France for the second time.
Lucy Bronze - the stand-out performer in England's third place at the World Cup.

Seems like a really strong shortlist this year TBH, all worthy contenders.

Mad for Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Tue 01 Dec 2015, 1:25 pm

12 contenders in there, about 8 of which have no thoughts in the public imagination.

I'm no football fan, but I'd have thought Jamie Vardy may deserve some recognition. Something rare for an English player.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by McLaren Tue 01 Dec 2015, 1:44 pm

vardy is a flash in the pan. The tesco basics version of Suarez.
McLaren
McLaren

Back to top Go down

Post by navyblueshorts Tue 01 Dec 2015, 3:07 pm

Mad for Chelsea wrote:Back to SPOTY, no love for Adam Peaty? World champion in both 50 and 100 metre breaststroke (he won a mixed medley relay too, but that's a somewhat silly - though fun - race, that not many countries take seriously, viz France not even putting a team out...). Oh, and he broke the world records for both distances too. Not bad.

Going through the shortlist:

Mo Farah - just incredible dominance over 5,000 and 10,000 metres for a while now.
Adam Peaty - see above.
Jess Ennis-Hill - world heptathlon champion.
Greg Rutherford - added the world title to his Commonwealth, European and of course Olympic titles. Also won the Diamond League I think. Not the longest jumper in history, or even the world this year, but delivers time after time when it matters most.
Lizzie Armistead - Road race world champion. Also won the women's road world cup (rewards the most consistent cyclist of the season, basically). Very dominant year.
Lewis Hamilton - won the drivers championship for the third time.
Andy Murray - drove GB to Davis Cup win, finished second in the world for the first time.
Max Whitlock - a gold medal (first man to win one for GB) and two silvers at the world championship.
Kevin Sinfield - don't really follow League, but drove Leeds to the treble.
Tyson Fury - became the undisputed Heavyweight world champion by beating Klitschko, who was unbeaten in 11 years, and had previously defended his title 19 times.
Chris Froome - won the Tour de France for the second time.
Lucy Bronze - the stand-out performer in England's third place at the World Cup.

Seems like a really strong shortlist this year TBH, all worthy contenders.
Yup, interesting list except Fury isn't undisputed - Deontay Wilder holds WBC belt at the moment.
navyblueshorts
navyblueshorts

Back to top Go down

Post by navyblueshorts Tue 01 Dec 2015, 3:09 pm

McLaren wrote:vardy is a flash in the pan.  The tesco basics version of Suarez.
Ah yes. Mystic Mac with his ability to see into the future. If Vardy can do what he's done with Leicester, then I think you can say he could do it most anywhere. If he stays injury-free and keeps his head out of his own ariss, there's no reason he can't continue in a similarly impressive way in the future.
navyblueshorts
navyblueshorts

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Tue 01 Dec 2015, 3:18 pm

navyblueshorts wrote:
McLaren wrote:vardy is a flash in the pan.  The tesco basics version of Suarez.
Ah yes. Mystic Mac with his ability to see into the future. If Vardy can do what he's done with Leicester, then I think you can say he could do it most anywhere. If he stays injury-free and keeps his head out of his own ariss, there's no reason he can't continue in a similarly impressive way in the future.

Important he doesn't do a Rickie Lambert though and try and fit in somewhere he won't work.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by MontysMerkin Tue 01 Dec 2015, 3:43 pm

Ha, like a football team?
MontysMerkin
MontysMerkin

Back to top Go down

Post by JAS Tue 01 Dec 2015, 3:47 pm

Personally I'd be happy to see Mo get it, not only for defending the 5 & 10k worlds but also had a great GNR win. He's got the "Personality" bit in spades and he handled himself well amidst all the mud-slinging surrounding Salazar. He's been good enough to win it on several occasions now only to be pipped by other outstanding performances. This year should be his.
Froome also did incredibly well winning a 2nd TdF, again showing great fortitude in the vile abuse that was flung at him during the TdF win. I'd put him 2nd
3rd? Peaty maybe or Ennis-Hill

Just my opinion of course

JAS

Back to top Go down

Post by pedro Tue 01 Dec 2015, 4:18 pm

Navy,
As per the definition you're undisputed if you hold at least 3 belts.

pedro

Back to top Go down

Post by navyblueshorts Tue 01 Dec 2015, 4:27 pm

pedro wrote:Navy,
As per the definition you're undisputed if you hold at least 3 belts.
Really? Who came up with that definition??? Clearly Wilder and the WBC might dispute it...
navyblueshorts
navyblueshorts

Back to top Go down

Post by pedro Tue 01 Dec 2015, 4:45 pm

I sh!t you not navy. It's like the MLB or NBA winners are 'World' Champions. In fact there can be several 'undisputed' champs at the same time. You're also undisputed if you've defended a belt x times. Just shows you how f-ked the boxing world is.

pedro

Back to top Go down

Post by 1GrumpyGolfer Tue 01 Dec 2015, 5:20 pm

Hey, hey! De MLB and NBA play dem dere Canadians right dere. Dat's about the whole g'damned world right dere, pardner.

1GrumpyGolfer

Back to top Go down

Post by pedro Tue 01 Dec 2015, 7:48 pm

GG, you sound like Tyson Fury at his homecoming interview...

pedro

Back to top Go down

Post by 1GrumpyGolfer Tue 01 Dec 2015, 7:52 pm

I can categorically state that we've never been seen in the same room before.

Most likely because I'd not heard of him until recently....

1GrumpyGolfer

Back to top Go down

Post by beninho Wed 02 Dec 2015, 9:45 am

It appears to me that our government are going to bomb Syria because it's the popular decision. I don't think they have looked properly at the long term. Bombing more innocent people will just inflame the situation. Take on Isis, but it needs to be done properly with a coalition army. Bombings will not work alone.

beninho

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Wed 02 Dec 2015, 9:46 am

I wouldn't be surprised to see Mac chained to the Downing Street gates.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by SmithersJones Wed 02 Dec 2015, 10:04 am

beninho wrote:It appears to me that our government are going to bomb Syria because it's the popular decision. I don't think they have looked properly at the long term. Bombing more innocent people will just inflame the situation. Take on Isis,  but it needs to be done properly with a coalition army. Bombings will not work alone.

Careful, Cameron will lump you in with the 'terrorist sympathisers'. What a horrible, porcophile berkshire hunt we have leading our nation.

Last edited by SmithersJones on Wed 02 Dec 2015, 10:27 am; edited 2 times in total
SmithersJones
SmithersJones

Back to top Go down

Post by navyblueshorts Wed 02 Dec 2015, 10:14 am

beninho wrote:It appears to me that our government are going to bomb Syria because it's the popular decision. I don't think they have looked properly at the long term. Bombing more innocent people will just inflame the situation. Take on Isis,  but it needs to be done properly with a coalition army. Bombings will not work alone.
Guess it depends on what they're bombing. If it's convoys of oil tankers taking Daesh's looted oil for sale, fine. If it's housing in Raaqa, I can't see how that's really going to be either that 'targeted' or that useful in the long run.
Agree though re. long run - needs actual troops and no-one looks that keen to use them on the ground. Even then it's problematic as Daesh don't seem that keen to fight according to the Geneva Conventions.
navyblueshorts
navyblueshorts

Back to top Go down

Post by pedro Wed 02 Dec 2015, 10:22 am

Think we need to deploy special forces to take out the bad guys. The Foreign Legion would be ideal for that kind of warfare.

Good news is the Germans are sending 1500 troops. That should do it. Some years ago they took out the entire France with a similar sized force.

pedro

Back to top Go down

Post by SmithersJones Wed 02 Dec 2015, 11:48 am

This should be not only legal but encouraged. http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-northamptonshire-34933345. Middle lane hogging idiot.
SmithersJones
SmithersJones

Back to top Go down

Post by McLaren Wed 02 Dec 2015, 11:54 am

I am sure ISIS's immanent demise is just our 4 Tornadoes away from being complete. Not.

If bombing ISIS was going to work I reckon the countries already doing it might have had some success already.

Navy

"Daesh don't seem that keen to fight according to the Geneva Conventions"

You mean like our usual coalitions use of torture and indefinite imprisonment in Guantanamo? This might be a fair fight.
McLaren
McLaren

Back to top Go down

Post by Mad for Chelsea Wed 02 Dec 2015, 12:42 pm

anyone see the story of the guy being held for THIRTEEN YEARS in Guantanamo in a case of mistaken identity (the Americans thought he was much higher up the chain when he turned out to be a foot soldier). Ugh! Disgusted by Labour's attitude in this, seems a lot of them think stirring up trouble for Corbyn and cheap point scoring is more important than actually providing an opposition.

Not surprised by Cameron's comments, what a horrible person he's showing himself to be recently. I actually wrote to my MP to ask him to vote against the bombing, though he's apparently likely to do so anyway...

Mad for Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by navyblueshorts Wed 02 Dec 2015, 12:49 pm

pedro wrote:Think we need to deploy special forces to take out the bad guys. The Foreign Legion would be ideal for that kind of warfare.

Good news is the Germans are sending 1500 troops. That should do it. Some years ago they took out the entire France with a similar sized force.
I think it was a little more than 1500 troops that the Germans used. If you look at a history of warfare and battles won, I think you'll see that the French are one of, if not the, best throughout recent history.

McLaren wrote:I am sure ISIS's immanent demise is just our 4 Tornadoes away from being complete.  Not.

If bombing ISIS was going to work I reckon the countries already doing it might have had some success already.  

Navy

"Daesh don't seem that keen to fight according to the Geneva Conventions"

You mean like our usual coalitions use of torture and indefinite imprisonment in Guantanamo?   This might be a fair fight.
Think it's 8 Tornados that're based in Cyprus.

Fair point otherwise Mac, but not what I meant. Daesh aren't going to fight open warfare as they'll get caned. They'll fight a guerilla affair while not clearly delineating who are troops and who aren't. If we aren't willing to fight, and kill, civilians in their droves as part of such a fight, we shouldn't contemplate such a fight. There's lots of collateral death in a war, something most of the modern politicians seem to have ignored/forgotten.
You could argue we do a "Russian forces in Chechneya" or "Sri Lankan forces vs. Tamils" if we really wanted to end this - and damn the reprisals from the inevitable hand wringing critics.

Last edited by navyblueshorts on Wed 02 Dec 2015, 1:14 pm; edited 1 time in total
navyblueshorts
navyblueshorts

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Wed 02 Dec 2015, 12:59 pm

SmithersJones wrote:This should be not only legal but encouraged. http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-northamptonshire-34933345. Middle lane hogging idiot.

Funny to hear the terror in his voice. Why was he doing 40mph?

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by navyblueshorts Wed 02 Dec 2015, 1:15 pm

super_realist wrote:
SmithersJones wrote:This should be not only legal but encouraged. http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-northamptonshire-34933345. Middle lane hogging idiot.

Really? I suspect you'd be sh!tting yourself as well. Car driver is clearly a moron but so was the lorry driver.
navyblueshorts
navyblueshorts

Back to top Go down

Post by Bob_the_Job Wed 02 Dec 2015, 1:17 pm

super_realist wrote:

How else was he going to get publicity for his poxy dashcam company?
Bob_the_Job
Bob_the_Job

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Wed 02 Dec 2015, 1:25 pm

navyblueshorts wrote:
super_realist wrote:

Really? I suspect you'd be sh!tting yourself as well. Car driver is clearly a moron but so was the lorry driver.

For a start, I wouldn't be sitting at 40mph in the middle lane, secondly, I'd have taken evasive action to ensure I wasn't in a situation where I would allow myself to be bullied by a lorry.

He's a plank. Neck and shoulder pain my arse.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by raycastleunited Wed 02 Dec 2015, 1:31 pm

What a pathetic little weasel. He's carefully thought this through, including the comments such as "my life literally rushed before my eyes", and funny how an ambulance took him away to treat his neck and shoulder pain. And of course he runs a dash cam company, no doubt soon to enter into partnership with injury lawyers4u and others.

raycastleunited

Back to top Go down

Post by raycastleunited Wed 02 Dec 2015, 1:54 pm

Gary Neville to Valencia, eh? There's an interesting appointment. In my view he is the most astute pundit on TV, and he must have learned a lot about management from Fergie. But does that make him a good coach? And does that help in La Liga?

raycastleunited

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Wed 02 Dec 2015, 1:56 pm

His brother is already the assistant.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by McLaren Wed 02 Dec 2015, 2:40 pm

The guy who owns Valencia has a stake in the class of 92's Salford team.
McLaren
McLaren

Back to top Go down

Post by navyblueshorts Wed 02 Dec 2015, 3:35 pm

super_realist wrote:
navyblueshorts wrote:
super_realist wrote:

For a start, I wouldn't be sitting at 40mph in the middle lane, secondly, I'd have taken evasive action to ensure I wasn't in a situation where I would allow myself to be bullied by a lorry.

He's a plank. Neck and shoulder pain my arse.
Avoiding the subject again. The assumption is obviously that you're about to be side-swiped like the guy in the clip. I agree with the last bit though - definite plank and he's about as hurt as I am right now i.e. not at all.
navyblueshorts
navyblueshorts

Back to top Go down

Post by beninho Wed 02 Dec 2015, 3:52 pm

How do we know how fast the guy was driving?

I hate people who flash you when driving up behind. Am i not the only one, who then sticks very diligently to the speed limit?

beninho

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Wed 02 Dec 2015, 4:04 pm

Can't you see how slow he's going? Just look at the lines and how slowly they are passing compared to the other cars

. He clearly shouldn't be in the middle lane and there is NOTHING in the left hand lane, and if a lorry can overtake him with complete ease, he's driving too slowly. In fact, it might even be HIM that's at fault because he could very well be driving too slowly for the road.

Would I be sh*tting myself if I was about to be sideswiped? Possibly, but I would never find myself in the situation like that, plus I could drive quickly enough to evade such an incident.

Who owns a car slower than an HGV?

This video appears to be a complete set up. He claims he's been "hit" yet, his car never moves off being perfectly straight. Not even a knock.
So not only are the marks on his car nothing more than the damage a trolley would do in a carpark, his "injuries" are completely fake.

Complete shyster.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by Eyetoldyouso Wed 02 Dec 2015, 4:12 pm

[quote="beninho"]How do we know how fast the guy was driving?

I hate people who flash you when driving up behind. Am i not the only one, who then sticks very diligently to the speed limit?[/quote]

And who, may I ask, appointed you to be the protector of the speed limit? How do you know that your speedometer is sufficiently accurate to make your decision?

If someone wants to break the speed limit, move over and let them. It's up to the authorities to deal with it not some self appointed vigilante.

Eyetoldyouso

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Wed 02 Dec 2015, 4:18 pm

Eyetoldyouso wrote:
beninho wrote:How do we know how fast the guy was driving?

I hate people who flash you when driving up behind. Am i not the only one, who then sticks very diligently to the speed limit?[/quote]

And who, may I ask, appointed you to be the protector of the speed limit? How do you know that your speedometer is sufficiently accurate to make your decision?

If someone wants to break the speed limit, move over and let them. It's up to the authorities to deal with it not some self appointed vigilante.

Furthermore, if you are in the middle lane for a prolonged period of time, and for no reason. That is also breaking the law and you can be fined for it. Nothing wrong with a wee flash to show people someone is keen to get past and induce them to move over.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by McLaren Wed 02 Dec 2015, 4:26 pm

Super

I have never come across someone who is so confident in their own abilities in such a wide range of areas?
McLaren
McLaren

Back to top Go down

Post by Bob_the_Job Wed 02 Dec 2015, 4:31 pm

super_realist wrote:
Furthermore, if you are in the middle lane for a prolonged period of time, and for no reason. That is also breaking the law and you can be fined for it. Nothing wrong with a wee flash to show people someone is keen to get past and induce them to move over.

Agreed.  For the avoidance of doubt:
HighWay Code wrote:Rule 137
On a two-lane dual carriageway you should stay in the left-hand lane. Use the right-hand lane for overtaking or turning right. After overtaking, move back to the left-hand lane when it is safe to do so.
Rule 138
On a three-lane dual carriageway, you may use the middle lane or the right-hand lane to overtake but return to the middle and then the left-hand lane when it is safe.  
I think flashing lights to remind someone who is not overtaking to return to the left hand lane is acceptable (crowding or barging them is not).  If they don't return and just sit there because "I'm doing the speed limit" then they are a knob.
Bob_the_Job
Bob_the_Job

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Wed 02 Dec 2015, 4:35 pm

Mac, It's simple driving skills. I appreciate you might not gain road-sense from the top deck of your bus to Pilton.

Anyone who has ever driven a car knows that you ought not to be hanging about at a slow speed in the middle lane of a motorway, furthermore, anyone who is letting lorries bully them and overtake them is probably going too slowly and potentially causing a danger on the road. There was a very sensible response to this situation, but the driver was too stupid to deal with it.

Personally, I think I'm an average driver, although I have over 20 years experience and no accidents. I drive safely, I use adaptive cruise control most of the time, and I make sure I'm not getting lost amongst traffic like this moron is doing. All you need to do is be aware of the surroundings and drive in a manner which doesn't put others in danger.

There are many things I'm not very good at, but most things at which I am adept are simply part of being a normal human being and which any average person should be able to do.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by McLaren Wed 02 Dec 2015, 4:38 pm

The main function of animals is to survive to reproductive maturity then have sex. You have failed miserably on the second point.

You are a waste of space in terms of being a normal or average human.
McLaren
McLaren

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Wed 02 Dec 2015, 4:40 pm

McLaren wrote:The main function of animals is to survive to reproductive maturity then have sex.  You have failed miserably on the second point.

You are a waste of space in terms of being a normal or average human.

I'm perfectly normal Mac, although happy to admit above average in many respects.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by beninho Wed 02 Dec 2015, 4:45 pm

I am fully aware of the rules, sometimes just do it for a laugh, though its not always safe to move to the inside lane, if there are lorries driving in it, so it is safer to not weave in and out of them. Though it is better on a single track road, when someone drives right up behind you. Much more fun to then drive to the limit usually 30mph.

beninho

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 12 of 20 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 16 ... 20  Next