The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

We Go Again! The Premier League thread

+37
sirfredperry
spencerclarke
Lowlandbrit
Mat
Trebs
JamesLincs
socal1976
Corporalhumblebucket
CFCNick
Holymiky
Crimey
Soldier_Of_Fortune
Nico the gman
compelling and rich
TRUSSMAN66
lfc91
Alistair
Liam
owen10ozzy
Atila
Jermaine2015
Hero
LivinginItaly
hampo17
guildfordbat
Ent
Fernando
FIFA Diva
Marky
kingraf
Duty281
NickisBHAFC
Good Golly I'm Olly
westisbest
GSC
Dolphin Ziggler
Hammersmith harrier
41 posters

Page 1 of 20 1, 2, 3 ... 10 ... 20  Next

Go down

We Go Again! The Premier League thread Empty We Go Again! The Premier League thread

Post by Guest Sat 03 Oct 2015, 4:22 pm

that's the golden boot wrapped up

Back to top Go down

We Go Again! The Premier League thread Empty Re: We Go Again! The Premier League thread

Post by Guest Sat 03 Oct 2015, 4:25 pm

mcclaren & dick gone tonight?

Back to top Go down

We Go Again! The Premier League thread Empty Re: We Go Again! The Premier League thread

Post by Hammersmith harrier Sat 03 Oct 2015, 4:27 pm

I've often wondered this but would it not be better if the Golden Boot went to the player who scored in the most matches rather than scored the most goals?

Hammersmith harrier

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 03 Oct 2015, 4:34 pm

say a player scored 32 goals in a season, in 16 different games. then a player scored 22 goals but in 20 different games, you would take it off the guy scoring 32 goals?

Back to top Go down

Post by Hammersmith harrier Sat 03 Oct 2015, 4:37 pm

Yes I would, the Golden Boot should be about consistency not having the odd storming game.

Hammersmith harrier

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 03 Oct 2015, 4:40 pm

The 1994 World Cup Golden Boot winner scored all but one of his six goals in one game. Bit of a farce, that one.

Personally, the Golden Boot means nothing to me as a football fan.

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Sat 03 Oct 2015, 4:43 pm

Hammersmith harrier wrote:Yes I would, the Golden Boot should be about consistency not having the odd storming game.

"The odd" doesnt win you the Golden Boot. You don't get many Boot winners who scored 4 lots of 5 goals and then 3 in 3 other games.

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Sat 03 Oct 2015, 4:51 pm

Dolphin Ziggler wrote:
Hammersmith harrier wrote:Yes I would, the Golden Boot should be about consistency not having the odd storming game.

"The odd" doesnt win you the Golden Boot. You don't get many Boot winners who scored 4 lots of 5 goals and then 3 in 3 other games.

This really, Berbatov is the only one who springs to mind.

Also makes scoring 1 goal in a 2-1 loss as important as 3 in a 3-2 win
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by westisbest Sat 03 Oct 2015, 5:12 pm

LiamB wrote:mcclaren & dick gone tonight?

Sherwood out the door soon i think.

Nice easy game away to Chelsea next saturday.

Followed by Swansea h
Spurs a.

A Spurs defeat could see the end of Tim.

westisbest

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Sat 03 Oct 2015, 5:17 pm

Happy with a 2-2 based on our first half, disappointed based on the second half and man advantage.

Not quite convinced by us. Theres a balance missing. Jelavic is also a donkey, but least he'll be off the bench soon.

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Sat 03 Oct 2015, 5:19 pm

Worst performance of the season today from us - Leicester should've scored 4/5 really. Made a bit of a fist of it at 1-2 but didn't really carve out any chances.

Think Neil got the team wrong not starting Redmond allowed them to concentrate on nullifying Wes

Second half was a cracking watch mind. Leicester are lightning on the counter. Was impressed by Vardy
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Sat 03 Oct 2015, 6:48 pm

Reports Advocaat has gone - flown home this evening
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Sat 03 Oct 2015, 6:56 pm

We Go Again! The Premier League thread CQaQl-3WgAA54WC

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by NickisBHAFC Sat 03 Oct 2015, 7:01 pm

This Chelsea season just sums up my football manager game career. Right now im at the stage where I delete the current season and start a new season!

NickisBHAFC

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 03 Oct 2015, 7:03 pm

Is this Chelsea team worse than Moyes' defending champions?

Can't see Mourinho staying put if this continues. They've no hope in the CL either.

Back to top Go down

Post by Duty281 Sat 03 Oct 2015, 7:04 pm

Bye-bye, Mourinho!

Duty281

Location : I wouldn’t want to be faster or greener than now if you were with me; O you were the best of all my days

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Sat 03 Oct 2015, 7:04 pm

People laughed when United bid for Mane, now they laugh cos they didnt bid higher.

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Sat 03 Oct 2015, 7:05 pm

We Go Again! The Premier League thread CQaKcBaWEAAnuSj

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Sat 03 Oct 2015, 7:06 pm

Time to send John Terry to the glue factory
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Sat 03 Oct 2015, 7:22 pm

Got back from the Pub watching the rugby to see the Curse of Eva is still strong. Mourinho needs to find a virgin to sacrifice ASAP
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Location : To you I am there. To me I am here.... is it possible that I'm everywhere?

Back to top Go down

Post by Duty281 Sat 03 Oct 2015, 7:24 pm

David Luiz?

Drat, he sold him for fifty million!

Duty281

Location : I wouldn’t want to be faster or greener than now if you were with me; O you were the best of all my days

Back to top Go down

Post by westisbest Sat 03 Oct 2015, 7:40 pm

Chelsea are probably guaranteed 3 points in their next game.

westisbest

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Sat 03 Oct 2015, 7:55 pm

Mourinho went full Holloway in that interview
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Marky Sat 03 Oct 2015, 8:01 pm

I don't think it's as much of a crisis at Chelsea as everyone's making out.

Also don't get people saying Mourinho is under pressure as Klopp is available. Pretty sure Klopp did exactly this with Dortmund last season, only pulled away from the relegation zone in the final month or two.

Marky

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Sat 03 Oct 2015, 8:02 pm

Chelsea would be mental to sack Mourinho tbh
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by FIFA Diva Sat 03 Oct 2015, 8:32 pm

Just a year ago this Chelsea squad was supposed to be the greatest Football side off all time.
FIFA Diva
FIFA Diva

http://www.manutd.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Sat 03 Oct 2015, 10:45 pm

Aguero might hit 10 past us
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by westisbest Sat 03 Oct 2015, 11:01 pm

Wake up JM. What game were you watching.

Pathetic. Very Happy

Gotta laugh at some of these managers.

westisbest

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Sat 03 Oct 2015, 11:02 pm

If defend like Newcastle in the 2nd half there's a good chance Laugh

Maureen: We should of had penalty. What about Southampton's claims....I don't want to talk. Laugh

Pundits reckon Falcao dived & Southampton should of had 2

#ClassicJose

Was by far the worse ive seen Chelsea play in a long time, Couldn't believe it tbh.

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Sat 03 Oct 2015, 11:20 pm

Jonathan Pearce - "Dorrans, Tettey, Howson all too similar"

Wut
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by westisbest Sat 03 Oct 2015, 11:29 pm

Ah Dalian Atkinson. What a goal.

westisbest

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Sat 03 Oct 2015, 11:37 pm

Zaha - poor man's Redmond
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Sat 03 Oct 2015, 11:38 pm

Redmond - Poor man's Demarai Gray

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Sat 03 Oct 2015, 11:40 pm

Marky wrote:I don't think it's as much of a crisis at Chelsea as everyone's making out.

Also don't get people saying Mourinho is under pressure as Klopp is available. Pretty sure Klopp did exactly this with Dortmund last season, only pulled away from the relegation zone in the final month or two.

Klopp is a darling who has had success playing good football though. Roman is quite a romantic in some ways, he wants his side to look good and his club to be popular. He's also a Russian billionaire so sometimes he'll not care as long as there are results. No title holders should be 10 points off top after 8 games.

Poor football, poor results, whines in the summer about transfers, physio drama and rumours of unrest with some players. No one takes on Mr Captain, Legend, C*** and wins at Chelsea, not even Maureen.

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Sat 03 Oct 2015, 11:40 pm

westisbest wrote:Ah Dalian Atkinson. What a goal.

The first goal of the month goal I remember.

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Sat 03 Oct 2015, 11:43 pm

If Advocaat is leaving then he's the first of the five Dicks who could go. Sherwood, Schteve, Brent and Mourinho are all somewhat unsteady. Can't see Tim going any time soon as Randy doesn't wanna pay people off, and Ashley is obviously going to be tight. Allardyce at Sunderland is perfect.

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by westisbest Sat 03 Oct 2015, 11:45 pm

Dolphin Ziggler wrote:
westisbest wrote:Ah Dalian Atkinson. What a goal.

The first goal of the month goal I remember.

Awesome goal.

Distant memories. Great days.
We used to be on goal of the month a good amount 92-94 ish.

westisbest

Back to top Go down

Post by westisbest Sat 03 Oct 2015, 11:53 pm

Cheerio Tim.
Same rubbish after every game.

Just need the players to step up.

westisbest

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Sun 04 Oct 2015, 12:12 am

4 pts gap between 17th/18th - a little buffer at this early stage of the season.

Newcastle/Nodge and West Brom/Sunderland next round of fixtures is a sneaky must win game for the North East sides. If us/WBA can get the 3 pts, with Villa at Chelski that gap could grow even wider.
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Ent Sun 04 Oct 2015, 12:20 am

Pl teams can't defend and can't do basic organisation.

Newcastle should be embarrassed to be footballers, janmat in particular was clueless can't believe he didn't get highlighted on motd.

Chelsea, what can you say? Normally solid performers shambolic. Matic looks like his first spell all over again, fabregas offering nothing, hazard looking she'll shocked.

They need Terry's organisation but his legs have gone (says a lot as e never had any pace) and if he doesn't guess right other teams are clean through.

Ent

Back to top Go down

Post by Ent Sun 04 Oct 2015, 1:00 am

Did sherwood really play 3142 today?

Guaranteed defeat that system.

Ent

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 04 Oct 2015, 5:59 am

Chelsea have let in 17 goals so far this season in the premiership.  Only Sunderland have let in more, 18.  Despite Chelsea's dreadful form they still beat Arsenal.  Mourinho can always rely on outsmarting Wenger. Arsenal were the only side not to score against Chelsea.

Back to top Go down

Post by westisbest Sun 04 Oct 2015, 8:18 am

Least its the international break, can take my mind off Villa.

Also RWC, hoping for 2 irish wins to top the group.

Concern myself with Villa in 2 weeks.

westisbest

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Sun 04 Oct 2015, 9:22 am

I doubt Jose is in any serious danger. Took Roman long enough to cycle back to him, and it took him 2 years to win as many league titles as Chelsea did in his absence. (Never should've sacked Carlo either)

I imagine hes fairly secure for this season.
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 04 Oct 2015, 10:00 am

Ent wrote:Newcastle should be embarrassed to be footballers.

We aren't the first or last to be hammered & embarrassed at the Etihad, against a side costing more than £300m. As a Man U fan you should know, seeing as your side put on a horror show there about two years ago.

I'm still positive about this Newcastle side, I really am. Obviously it doesn't look good, but playing Chelsea, Man City, Arsenal, Manchester United, West Ham & Swansea away, has been difficult for a side still gelling in this league.

Back to top Go down

Post by guildfordbat Sun 04 Oct 2015, 10:43 am

Olly wrote:4 pts gap between 17th/18th - a little buffer at this early stage of the season.

Newcastle/Nodge and West Brom/Sunderland next round of fixtures is a sneaky must win game for the North East sides. If us/WBA can get the 3 pts, with Villa at Chelski that gap could grow even wider.

Olly - although they both got early season points, I don't see either Bournemouth (currently 15th) or Watford (11th) lasting the distance. In different ways, both teams seemed very poor in their draw yesterday (that's admittedly based on the lowlights from MotD although I watched pretty much all of Watford's dismal performance against Palace the week before on Sky).

If I'm right about those two teams, the chances of Norwich surviving look a lot better.

guildfordbat

Back to top Go down

Post by hampo17 Sun 04 Oct 2015, 11:08 am

I think this guy is a little angry.

hampo17
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Sun 04 Oct 2015, 11:41 am

guildfordbat wrote:
Olly wrote:4 pts gap between 17th/18th - a little buffer at this early stage of the season.

Olly - although they both got early season points, I don't see either Bournemouth (currently 15th) or Watford (11th) lasting the distance. In different ways, both teams seemed very poor in their draw yesterday (that's admittedly based on the lowlights from MotD although I watched pretty much all of Watford's dismal performance against Palace the week before on Sky).

If I'm right about those two teams, the chances of Norwich surviving look a lot better.

I think Watford might be ok - Bournemouth might well be depending on how many more injuries they get! Definitely think both have enough about them to stay up.

We need to be taking at least 3 pts from our next two games (toon/wba) as we've got some tough November fixtures
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Sun 04 Oct 2015, 11:43 am

Dick's out
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Sun 04 Oct 2015, 11:49 am

Their best performers yesterday were Borini, Lens and Coates. Lens and Coates are both suspended for their next game. If they dont have a new guy in place by then, well, West Brom are lucky as hell.

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 20 1, 2, 3 ... 10 ... 20  Next