The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Thurman vs Porter On Deck For March

+6
Baby faced assassin
AdamT
milkyboy
BoxingFan88
TRUSSMAN66
hazharrison
10 posters

Go down

Thurman vs Porter On Deck For March Empty Thurman vs Porter On Deck For March

Post by hazharrison Mon 18 Jan 2016, 8:39 pm

Solid fight this. Puncher vs brawler - who wins?

hazharrison

Back to top Go down

Thurman vs Porter On Deck For March Empty Re: Thurman vs Porter On Deck For March

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Mon 18 Jan 2016, 8:54 pm

Since he lost his title to Brook.....Porter has fought Broner and is down for Thurman..

Brook's the champion and has fought Dan, Gavin and now is lined up for Bizier....

A joke really isn't it ??...

Good scrap......Thurman by decision..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Thurman vs Porter On Deck For March Empty Re: Thurman vs Porter On Deck For March

Post by BoxingFan88 Mon 18 Jan 2016, 10:47 pm

It is but it surely raises Brook's stock if Porter wins.

50/50 fight I can see a way both guys can win.

Going for Porter UD, although he probably won't get the decision even if he wins

BoxingFan88

Back to top Go down

Post by milkyboy Tue 19 Jan 2016, 12:36 am

Very well matched fight. Suspect Thurman will be favourite but pickem for me.... Porter will make him work. Genuine 50:50, can't pick a winner.

milkyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by AdamT Tue 19 Jan 2016, 9:27 am

I can't for the life of me pick a winner. A draw??

I think if I had to pick someone, I think Porter might edge it.

However will he get the decision?

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Post by Baby faced assassin Tue 19 Jan 2016, 10:26 am

Think Thurman takes this

Bigger puncher, better technique, bigger man, faster hand and footspeed

It'll be close but Brook managed to neutralise Porter and Thurman will l probably be able to do the same
Baby faced assassin
Baby faced assassin

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Tue 19 Jan 2016, 10:45 am

I agree he beat the terribly mismanaged Broner (Still a good win) and stinker Paulie and those wins look better than they are.....

I thought he looked awful against Brook......A clueless pressure fighter that ran out of ideas and was pinning all his hopes on workrate........A workrate he could never keep up !!

Looked a bit like Matty Hilton...against Bam Bam Hines at times..

I like Porter but he seems rather limited........Any top fighter should beat him..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by milkyboy Tue 19 Jan 2016, 10:54 am

Not sure Thurman is 'bigger'... Porter's stocky and started life as a middle. Certainly the puncher and the flashier boxer.

Cleaner work will come from Thurman, messier volume from porter so it may be down to what style you like. Personally I had the brook fight a lot closer than the judges but it was telling that porter faded late on, as he did against boner.

Porter has been in the bigger fights against better opposition which in theory makes him more proven... But it's not like he closed them all out in style.

I expect this to be really close for 6 rounds and then it will depend on whether porter has taken thurman's legs away, or shot his own bolt.

Yup, I'm just as undecided as yesterday!

milkyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by Jermaine2015 Tue 19 Jan 2016, 2:02 pm

Broner, a non puncher at welterweight, dropped Porter. If Thurman drops the bomb you can't see Porter Getting up. Thurman 10th round KO

Jermaine2015

Back to top Go down

Post by Baby faced assassin Tue 19 Jan 2016, 2:52 pm

Think that was more of a flashock knockdown tbf the punch was a quick one and didn't seem to really hurt Porter

Thurman is a big welterweight he's weighed up to 165lbs in the past so I'd say that coupled with his height/reach advantages then he's the slightly bigger man
Baby faced assassin
Baby faced assassin

Back to top Go down

Post by Lance Tue 19 Jan 2016, 3:26 pm

I really hope Thurman is as good as he's been made out to be. If he is he should win this handily. But Porter will be ferocious and a great test to find out what Thurman is like under pressure

Lance

Back to top Go down

Post by BoxingFan88 Tue 19 Jan 2016, 4:55 pm

Great fight though, I mean this is what boxing needs, the Heavyweight scene will really make the other divisions up their game!

BoxingFan88

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Bounce Tue 19 Jan 2016, 9:04 pm

Think this will show a) what Thurman is made of and b) if the Brook fight was a flash in the pan for Porter as he's looked good since and has risen to the challenge in the subsequent fights.

I think they're both good fighters and Thurman may just prove the better all-rounder on the night. But it could go the other way. Dammit I can't make up my mind!!

If Brook gets through his next mandatory against Bizier, the next IBF cab on the rank is Errol Spence Jr. Beats Brook for sure in my eyes. I think he's very good, and one who's likely to be avoided...

Mr Bounce

Back to top Go down

Post by Herman Jaeger Sun 14 Feb 2016, 3:01 pm

If this fight was t already exciting enough, the news that Floyd might be keeping his eye on it certainly ramps it up a notch or two.

Must admit always thought Floyd should face one of these two and got to give it to him if he does. Has he ever faced a genuine natural prime welterweight before? Would round off his career nicely:

http://www.boxingscene.com/porter-ive-heard-things-about-mayweather-returning--101314

Herman Jaeger

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down