The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

AO 2016 - Day 10

+16
YvonneT
Danny_1982
Mad for Chelsea
Josiah Maiestas
HM Murdock
coolpixel
Jahu
barrystar
Haddie-nuff
bogbrush
Born Slippy
CaledonianCraig
Aut0Gr4ph
summerblues
Duty281
laverfan
20 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

AO 2016 - Day 10 - Page 3 Empty AO 2016 - Day 10

Post by laverfan Tue 26 Jan 2016, 9:20 pm

First topic message reminder :

Order of Play - http://www.ausopen.com/en_AU/scores/schedule/schedule15.html

Live Scores - http://www.ausopen.com/en_AU/scores/index.html

Day 10 Preview - http://www.ausopen.com/en_AU/news/articles/2016-01-26/day_10_preview_murrays_mind_management.html

My predictions...

Kerber in 3

Konta in 3

Murray in 4

Raonic in 5

Last edited by laverfan on Wed 27 Jan 2016, 3:39 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Edited for Typo.)

laverfan

Back to top Go down

AO 2016 - Day 10 - Page 3 Empty Re: AO 2016 - Day 10

Post by bogbrush Wed 27 Jan 2016, 3:53 pm

I'm not expensive, just keep me away from Simon Reed.

Exhibits A, B, C & D would be my two sons and two daughters. The former have the same set of mates for ages, adding a few along the way and maybe losing touch with some. My daughters, especially my younger, is impossible to keep up with on who is their best friend and who she "hates", especially when a few weeks later it's all switched back.
bogbrush
bogbrush

Back to top Go down

Post by Haddie-nuff Wed 27 Jan 2016, 4:07 pm

Proves that she does not make friends indiscriminately

You know the saying "there is nothing like a woman to know another woman" her friendships are obviously more than skin deep !!
Good on her

Haddie-nuff

Back to top Go down

Post by bogbrush Wed 27 Jan 2016, 4:18 pm

She's a great girl - but oh boy is she fickle! Wink And if I tell her something she doesn't want to hear....!!!!!!!  mad  mad  mad

We can never actually reach true understanding on this subject because the words translate into different concepts as they travel through the networks of neurons and processes in our male and female brains. We can make approximations of what we're saying, like a typical English person on holiday abroad,  but at the most fundamental level I think men & women on the whole actually see a different World.

Don't you see any of this with your boys?

(PS I'm not being MCP here, I love women and think they're better at some things and worse at others.)

Anyway, all good fun! Passes the time until I go into meltdown tomorrow.
bogbrush
bogbrush

Back to top Go down

Post by lags72 Wed 27 Jan 2016, 4:28 pm

With his second Slam semi, I'm pretty sure that Raonic is now being seen in a new light by almost everyone in the locker room.

There will be different views on the extent to which his game has developed - but even those who still feel he has little more than a big serve will recognise that it's enough to get him into TB's. And TB's can so easily hinge on just a single error or moment of good/bad luck.

That said, Murray has the variety + returning skill to come through this test. Perhaps quite comfortably.

It's yet another AO Final for Andy.

lags72

Back to top Go down

Post by temporary21 Wed 27 Jan 2016, 4:32 pm

The second semi is great. Murray either gets another shot at a title hes be tragically disappointed not to get once. Or its welcome to the big leagues Milos Raonic. Both to probably get murdered by the other finalist.

Its a huge test for him. He cant just rely on his serve in this one, his revolutionary plan to not just rally from the baseline and attack all the time will be tested big time.

temporary21

Back to top Go down

Post by Haddie-nuff Wed 27 Jan 2016, 4:39 pm

bogbrush wrote:She's a great girl - but oh boy is she fickle! Wink And if I tell her something she doesn't want to hear....!!!!!!!  mad  mad  mad

We can never actually reach true understanding on this subject because the words translate into different concepts as they travel through the networks of neurons and processes in our male and female brains. We can make approximations of what we're saying, like a typical English person on holiday abroad,  but at the most fundamental level I think men & women on the whole actually see a different World.

Don't you see any of this with your boys?

(PS I'm not being MCP here, I love women and think they're better at some things and worse at others.)

Anyway, all good fun! Passes the time until I go into meltdown tomorrow.

Of course I see it  with my boys.. whatever I say Is unwanted criticism and interference, what do  I know Im a woman and they are grown men not mummy's boys.. same  comes from their father it is sound advice and worth consideration. Good
old Dad
Be patient... the man she meets will be the love of her life... but she will love her father the longest ill put money on it Wink

Haddie-nuff

Back to top Go down

Post by banbrotam Wed 27 Jan 2016, 6:57 pm

Haddie-nuff wrote:I think you have ALL forgotten that Andy is to become a father sooner rather than later.. he is bound to have lapses of concentration. he has admitted that he is finding it difficult in his off court moments and is constantly on the phone to home. Room service couldn't get any reply from him at breakfast the other morning. they telephoned.. and he said he panicked when he heard the phone ring..Give the lad some leeway Smile

Thank goodness someone's giving him a break. Yet again, if you knew nothing about Tennis and used this thread to get an idea of where Murray ranked, you'd think he was some kind of constant underachiever. Not someone who's just matched Becker for most slam semi's

banbrotam

Back to top Go down

Post by CaledonianCraig Wed 27 Jan 2016, 7:05 pm

banbrotam we all know about his off-court distractions but even myself as Murray supporter can realise his loss of focus during matches (like today) are engrained into his game. We have seen it manifest itself many times before and no doubt it will again and that is regardless of Kim being pregnant.
CaledonianCraig
CaledonianCraig

Back to top Go down

Post by Haddie-nuff Wed 27 Jan 2016, 7:14 pm

OH CC  he very nearly withdrew from the AO because of the imminence of the birth .. its not that she is just pregnant she is very very pregnant and I am the one who is constantly on his back because of the very things you are now criticising him for.. he won for Gods sake criticise him when and if he loses.. J H C ask Rafa about loss of focus Shocked

Haddie-nuff

Back to top Go down

Post by CaledonianCraig Wed 27 Jan 2016, 7:21 pm

Haddie-nuff wrote:OH CC  he very nearly withdrew from the AO because of the imminence of the birth .. its not that she is just pregnant she is very very pregnant and I am the one who is constantly on his back because of the very things you are now criticising him for.. he won for Gods sake criticise him when and if he loses.. J H C ask Rafa about loss of focus Shocked

Haddie nuff I just don't think it is right to use it as an excuse as Andy has a history of losing focus even when Kim wasn't in his life. You know I have followed him for so long but (despite what some here might think) I am often critical of him on various fronts. He has the all-round game and all the shots but at times he lets himself down with these losses of focus and under-performing in the biggest matches. I'll cut him slack but also criticize when I see fit.

CaledonianCraig
CaledonianCraig

Back to top Go down

Post by temporary21 Wed 27 Jan 2016, 7:26 pm

I think its perhaps a little unfair in the sense that the focus hes being compared to, ie that of the big three is NOT normal. Its not that theres anything wrong with Murray, hes a very focused man, The three above him though are freaks who never waver regardless of lifes flow.

They are like Michael Athertons 11 hour vigil against SA in 1995 which saved the test, youre not supposed to be able to do that

temporary21

Back to top Go down

Post by Haddie-nuff Wed 27 Jan 2016, 7:30 pm

When and if Rafa ever regains his focus then Ill rejoin this conversation because if Andy has no excuse as sure as God made little apples Rafa hasn't Rolling Eyes

Haddie-nuff

Back to top Go down

Post by CaledonianCraig Wed 27 Jan 2016, 7:32 pm

temporary21 wrote:I think its perhaps a little unfair in the sense that the focus hes being compared to, ie that of the big three is NOT normal. Its not that theres anything wrong with Murray, hes a very focused man, The three above him though are freaks who never waver regardless of lifes flow.

They are like Michael Athertons 11 hour vigil against SA in 1995 which saved the test, youre not supposed to be able to do that

Yes that is probably a fair enough comment. I do realise he is not on their level focus-wise and is probably why I am always dubious putting him with strong shouts of winning slams. Sure he'll more often than not be right at the business end but unless he limits loss of focus to a minimum in crunch slam finals/semis then unless the draw opens up for him he may never taste slam success again.
CaledonianCraig
CaledonianCraig

Back to top Go down

Post by banbrotam Wed 27 Jan 2016, 8:34 pm

temporary21 wrote:I think its perhaps a little unfair in the sense that the focus hes being compared to, ie that of the big three is NOT normal. Its not that theres anything wrong with Murray, hes a very focused man, The three above him though are freaks who never waver regardless of lifes flow.

Exactly clap If you go on Wiki, Murray appears high up in numerous tennis records - apart from the important one that is!!

I'm often fuming with him, i.e. the Anderson performance, but quite admire him for his tenacity, whilst not playing well to reach another SF

Some of the 'meh' attitude is because of who he was playing. Amazing that people seem to think that Ferrer is some kind of pub player, despite the fact he's end up with a year ranking of at no lower than five in four out of the last nine years

banbrotam

Back to top Go down

Post by monty junior Wed 27 Jan 2016, 8:35 pm

The reason he wouldn't win one again is the positivity he had under Lendl in the pressure points has gone.

monty junior

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 27 Jan 2016, 9:32 pm

He'll win another Slam. Just needs his game to click into gear in the final match.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3