The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Frampo -Quigg - Gloves are off.... Bingo !!!

+18
catchweight
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn
marty2086
AZZJ44
Mr Bounce
hogey
md_fan
Hammersmith harrier
spencerclarke
Coxy001
Nico the gman
BoxingFan88
neilodonnell
hazharrison
Kareem61
Soldier_Of_Fortune
AdamT
TRUSSMAN66
22 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Frampo -Quigg - Gloves are off.... Bingo !!! - Page 3 Empty Frampo -Quigg - Gloves are off.... Bingo !!!

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Thu Feb 11, 2016 1:28 pm

First topic message reminder :

I imagine these two guys will be filming this program soon and as they tend to be fairly repetitive.........

Prizes are on offer for the most used line or phrase......(A night on the town with ONETWO being the top one)

Frampo
----------

"My belt is a real belt"

"I have no problem with Scott Quigg... it's Eddie"

"Wee Laddie"

"Drew with Salinas"

"I was a top amateur"

Quigg
---------

"Promise me you won't run"

"Martinez only went two rounds"

"Only taking the fight because of his last fight"

"Dropped twice by a bantamweight"

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Frampo -Quigg - Gloves are off.... Bingo !!! - Page 3 Empty Re: Frampo -Quigg - Gloves are off.... Bingo !!!

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Sun Feb 14, 2016 9:44 pm

catchweight wrote:Most definately. I think it is to Quiggs advantage. The confidence seems genuine. The awakening might be all the more ruder for it though if the fight doesnt go to plan.

Frampton seemed confident for more or less as I see it. Quigg is dangerous, hes strong, hes extremelly fit. But as long as Frampton gets his preparation right, he should be good enough to win as he is a better boxer. This strikes me as being close to the actual fact reality of the situation.

Quiggs seems to be confident based on the fact Gallagher and Hearn have told him Frampton doesnt want the fight and struggled to beat Martinez. Nothing actually boxing related. Just promotional wish wash.  

You're doing Quigg down a bit there.....A fighter deep down knows and my guess is his last fight coupled with Frampo's is more than enough to bolster him..

He might lack education but I'm sure he'd recognise bull crap when he heard it..

Fact is one is coming in on a high..the other isn't and it is reflected in the odds. .

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Frampo -Quigg - Gloves are off.... Bingo !!! - Page 3 Empty Re: Frampo -Quigg - Gloves are off.... Bingo !!!

Post by hazharrison Sun Feb 14, 2016 9:46 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:
catchweight wrote:Most definately. I think it is to Quiggs advantage. The confidence seems genuine. The awakening might be all the more ruder for it though if the fight doesnt go to plan.

Frampton seemed confident for more or less as I see it. Quigg is dangerous, hes strong, hes extremelly fit. But as long as Frampton gets his preparation right, he should be good enough to win as he is a better boxer. This strikes me as being close to the actual fact reality of the situation.

Quiggs seems to be confident based on the fact Gallagher and Hearn have told him Frampton doesnt want the fight and struggled to beat Martinez. Nothing actually boxing related. Just promotional wish wash.  

You're doing Quigg down a bit there.....A fighter deep down knows and my guess is his last fight coupled with Frampo's is more than enough to bolster him..

He might lack education but I'm sure he'd recognise bull crap when he heard it..

Fact is one is coming in on a high..the other isn't and it is reflected in the odds. .

What odds?

hazharrison

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Sun Feb 14, 2016 9:49 pm

Frampo isn't as big a favorite as he should be..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by AdamT Sun Feb 14, 2016 9:51 pm

One performance can do that. Plus both guys are unbeaten and Quigg beat Martinez fast.

I expect the odds will make Frampton a bigger favourite during fight week. The late money will go on him.

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Post by catchweight Sun Feb 14, 2016 9:51 pm

Im not convinced he would recognise. He doesnt seem all that bright. Not even in a well educated sense. He just seems a little bit gormless. The stuff he is saying seems to be re-gurgitations of what he is being told by the Matchroom machine.

But confidence is confidence whether its for the right or wrong reasons. Better to go in thinking you will win.

catchweight

Back to top Go down

Post by AdamT Sun Feb 14, 2016 9:57 pm

Doesn't matter if you're confident, if a guy is better than you.

Hatton was confident against Floyd. I'm sure Froch was confident against Ward. Point being, confidence is not enough to beat a better boxer. Quigg either finishes him early, or it's curtains. Don't look at the Martinez comparison. Sergio played right into Scott's strengths, Framps won't do that. He will box on the back foot and will pick Quigg off. This will be a similar fight to Frampton and Martinez 1.

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Sun Feb 14, 2016 10:11 pm

You're stating the obvious a bit there mate.

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by AdamT Sun Feb 14, 2016 10:29 pm

Big time. I heavily fancy the obvious to happen fight night.

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Post by AZZJ44 Sun Feb 14, 2016 11:37 pm

Just watched the media tour and the gloves are off back to back. It's made me realise that I can't stand Joe Gallagher however, he said he thinks Frampton will trade at some point and that will be the end of him. If Quigg wins that'll be the reason. That's stating the obvious too.

Im hoping for a Frampton win tho.

AZZJ44

Back to top Go down

Post by rodders Mon Feb 15, 2016 10:49 am

catchweight wrote:
Quiggs seems to be confident based on the fact Gallagher and Hearn have told him Frampton doesnt want the fight and struggled to beat Martinez.

Except he didn't struggle to beat Martinez - he comfortably outclassed him in both fights.

I think the key is whether Frampton has the power to hurt Quigg or not. If he doesn't it will be a long night trying to keep Quigg off him and fighting on the back foot.

I also think Quigg will get the favorable treatment from the ref and judges so it wouldn't surprise me to see a controversial points win/draw or stoppage for Quigg as that is where the money is for Eddie/SKY.
rodders
rodders

Back to top Go down

Post by Hammersmith harrier Mon Feb 15, 2016 11:03 am

Quigg regurgitates what his team tells him because I don't think he has any real interest in the media side of things where Frampton is more savvy, he comes across as just wanting to do his training and then fight. I couldn't give a crap what either of them says to be honest and am just looking forward to what should be a very entertaining fight.

Frampton rightfully the favourite but their last bouts make me lean towards Quigg a bit, taking Munroe out with body shots was no mean feat either.

Hammersmith harrier

Back to top Go down

Post by rodders Mon Feb 15, 2016 11:07 am

The body shot is a good shout - Frampton is very lean around the waste...now I'm even more worried about this....
rodders
rodders

Back to top Go down

Post by marty2086 Mon Feb 15, 2016 11:30 am

rodders wrote:The body shot is a good shout - Frampton is very lean around the waste...now I'm even more worried about this....

Don't forget about Quiggs 'thinking brain' Whistle Laugh

marty2086

Back to top Go down

Post by AdamT Mon Feb 15, 2016 12:06 pm

I think Carl will win this easier than people think.

Too many are making a big deal of their performance against Kiko.

Remember Carl beat him first and outboxed him twice. Martinez showed no respect to Quigg. Carl won't make that error. Late stoppage or unanimous decision.

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Post by Hammersmith harrier Mon Feb 15, 2016 12:08 pm

I don't think anybody is doing any such thing, they're taking into account Framtpon getting caught cold against Gonzalez and Quigg having the power to finish a fight early.

Hammersmith harrier

Back to top Go down

Post by AdamT Mon Feb 15, 2016 12:12 pm

Quigg can stop him. I definitely can't deny that. That was a bad performance against Gonzalez. He won't make that error against Quigg.

He is going to outbox him and counter him on the backfoot. My guess is, Scott will look clueless and start lunging in after the mid rounds. When that happens, he gets put to sleep.

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Post by rodders Mon Feb 15, 2016 12:30 pm

For me the worrying thing from the Gonzalez fight wasn't Frampton getting tagged, it was the fact that he didn't trouble Gonzalez with his power at any stage.

Kiko was definitely wary of Framton after he dropped him in the first fight and he KO'd Avalos but after the last fight I would wonder if Frampton hits as hard as previously thought.

If he can't hurt Quigg he could be in trouble.
rodders
rodders

Back to top Go down

Post by shenglong2015 Mon Feb 15, 2016 12:42 pm

I think Carl is a World Class operator and Quigg isn't and that will be exposed on the night

shenglong2015

Back to top Go down

Post by marty2086 Mon Feb 15, 2016 12:45 pm

rodders wrote:For me the worrying thing from the Gonzalez fight wasn't Frampton getting tagged, it was the fact that he didn't trouble Gonzalez with his power at any stage.

Kiko was definitely wary of Framton after he dropped him in the first fight and he KO'd Avalos but after the last fight I would wonder if Frampton hits as hard as previously thought.

rodders what you have to factor in though is that they made a mess of the preparation for the fight, especially cutting weight and he had to change how he went about it and was training when he shouldn't have been. If he was tired plus the knockdowns that'll kill your power, Gonzalez did seem like a stereotypical tough Mexican fighter and it would take a lot to put him down

marty2086

Back to top Go down

Post by AdamT Mon Feb 15, 2016 12:46 pm

Gonzalez could just be a tough man.

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Post by Hammersmith harrier Mon Feb 15, 2016 1:06 pm

marty2086 wrote:
rodders wrote:For me the worrying thing from the Gonzalez fight wasn't Frampton getting tagged, it was the fact that he didn't trouble Gonzalez with his power at any stage.

rodders what you have to factor in though is that they made a mess of the preparation for the fight, especially cutting weight and he had to change how he went about it and was training when he shouldn't have been. If he was tired plus the knockdowns that'll kill your power, Gonzalez did seem like a stereotypical tough Mexican fighter and it would take a lot to put him down

That is of course just one big excuse that is used every time a boxer performs poorly, your stating it as if it's a genuine reason when it isn't, were the loser of this upcoming fight to use it they'd be laughed at.

Hammersmith harrier

Back to top Go down

Post by Nico the gman Mon Feb 15, 2016 1:13 pm

I think too much is being made of Frampton's performance against Gonzalez, Carl was trying too hard to impress in the states, looking for the KO, instead of sticking to his boxing.

Comparisons are been made between Quigg and Frampton in the fights with Martinez, Quigg may have done it quicker, but Frampton was the 1st man ever to stop Martinez, so I don't read too much into it.

Quigg's a good fighter with power, but Frampton's boxing skills and combination punching will see him through to victory.

Nico the gman

Back to top Go down

Post by marty2086 Mon Feb 15, 2016 1:16 pm

Hammersmith harrier wrote:
marty2086 wrote:

That is of course just one big excuse that is used every time a boxer performs poorly, your stating it as if it's a genuine reason when it isn't, were the loser of this upcoming fight to use it they'd be laughed at.

It wasn't an excuse used by the Frampton camp, they have said there were issues yes but not went into detail but I have been told by some who know better what went on and this was before the fight even took place.

marty2086

Back to top Go down

Post by AdamT Mon Feb 15, 2016 1:18 pm

My thoughts exactly. If I'm wrong, I will soon praise Scott. I like Quigg, but I'm a Frampton fan for sure.

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Post by Hammersmith harrier Mon Feb 15, 2016 1:20 pm

marty2086 wrote:
marty2086 wrote:

It wasn't an excuse used by the Frampton camp, they have said there were issues yes but not went into detail but I have been told by some who know better what went on and this was before the fight even took place.

He's a professional boxer so ill preparation is no excuse, it doesn't and never will wash as a way of reasoning away a poor performance, a lot of boxers put out these excuses before a fight anyway.

Hammersmith harrier

Back to top Go down

Post by AdamT Mon Feb 15, 2016 1:25 pm

I hate excuses. It is unfair on the other fighter. Similar to when Pacquiao blamed a dodgy shoulder.

I wonder if he won, would much been made of the injury. It takes the glory away from the winner.

No matter who wins the fight, I hope there are no excuses. Who knows. If it Is close enough, a rematch could happen in the summer.

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Post by marty2086 Mon Feb 15, 2016 1:30 pm

He's a professional boxer so ill preparation is no excuse, it doesn't and never will wash as a way of reasoning away a poor performance, a lot of boxers put out these excuses before a fight anyway.

And it seems Frampton and his team agree, they have said it without clarifying what went on and from what I've been told it wasn't entirely their fault. It was a learning experience and in spite of it all he still showed some class in the Gonzalez fight

It only became public after the press picked up on it and started asking them about it

marty2086

Back to top Go down

Post by marty2086 Mon Feb 15, 2016 1:33 pm

AdamT wrote:I hate excuses. It is unfair on the other fighter. Similar to when Pacquiao blamed a dodgy shoulder.

I wonder if he won, would much been made of the injury. It takes the glory away from the winner.

No matter who wins the fight, I hope there are no excuses. Who knows. If it Is close enough, a rematch could happen in the summer.

Frampton has said he underestimated Gonzalez

In Mannys defence he asked for pain relief and was denied, Floyd didn't ask for medical exemption to rehydrate and it was backdated when he was caught out hardly a fair fight

marty2086

Back to top Go down

Post by AdamT Tue Feb 16, 2016 11:21 am

It's a touchy subject, but I am not sure Floyd was rehydrating.

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Post by marty2086 Tue Feb 16, 2016 11:41 am

AdamT wrote:It's a touchy subject, but I am not sure Floyd was rehydrating.  

'SB Nation's account said Mayweather's medical team told the collection agents that the IV -- which reportedly included a 250-milliliter mixture of saline and multivitamins and a 500-milliliter mixture of saline and Vitamin C -- was being given to Mayweather for rehydration purposes following the weigh-in'

'Mayweather had not applied for the exemption until May 19. It was granted May 20, the report said.'

'While Mayweather was given an exemption three weeks after the fight, Pacquiao was denied a request to be injected with the legal painkiller Toradol on fight night to ease pain in his injured rotator cuff'

The commission declined Pacquiao's request because it was not made in a timely manner, and he had not previously disclosed the injury'

http://espn.go.com/boxing/story/_/id/13621142/floyd-mayweather-took-wada-banned-iv-manny-pacquiao-fight-according-report

marty2086

Back to top Go down

Post by milkyboy Tue Feb 16, 2016 12:00 pm

Marty, think Adam was referring to (a rather lengthy debate on here) after the hauser article implying usada were in Floyd's pocket.

The unanswered question was why a guy who barely rehydrates at all would need a drip... The inference being it can be used for masking.

milkyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by AdamT Tue Feb 16, 2016 12:04 pm

Yeah I know all that mate. I'm not accusing Floyd, but he weighed 150 30 days out from the fight. Also he claims he can't fight at middle, because he only walks around at 151 or so.

Not sure why he needed IV.

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Post by hazharrison Tue Feb 16, 2016 1:30 pm

AdamT wrote:Yeah I know all that mate. I'm not accusing Floyd, but he weighed 150 30 days out from the fight. Also he claims he can't fight at middle, because he only walks around at 151 or so.

Not sure why he needed IV.

And you never will be. Too much money behind him for anyone to get anywhere near what he was up to. It seems fairly obvious to me but without proof it's all just fluff.

hazharrison

Back to top Go down

Post by AdamT Tue Feb 16, 2016 1:33 pm

I know the reason Haz. Just can't be bothered with the abuse that will follow on here.

I was as big a Floyd nutt hugger as anyone, but I can't turn a blind eye to this. It is very obvious when a 150lb man needs an I.V after cutting 3 pounds.

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Post by hazharrison Tue Feb 16, 2016 1:35 pm

Are all fans "nut-huggers" these days? It's a bit ridiculous if you can't be a fan of someone without being abused!

hazharrison

Back to top Go down

Post by AdamT Thu Feb 18, 2016 4:20 pm

The countdown is truly on for this cracker. Can't wait for this fight. Personally I think the build up will be better than the fight.

I predict a one sided boxing lesson.

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Thu Feb 18, 2016 5:39 pm

Think Quigg has too much for it to be a beat down..

But I expect a decent sized UD..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by AdamT Thu Feb 18, 2016 8:04 pm

Truss I'm biased as hell in this fight. I have a ton of respect for Scott. I he wins good luck to him.

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3