The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Irish Provinces NEWS & GOSSIP thread 2016-17

+35
theslosty
clivemcl
Kingshu
No 7&1/2
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)
Cyril
thebandwagonsociety
brennomac
GunsGermsV2
St John The Enforcer
Geen sport voor watjes
rodders
George Carlin
geoff999rugby
LeinsterFan4life
RugbyFan100
Marshes
eirebilly
whocares
Rory_Gallagher
Pot Hale
carpet baboon
Artful_Dodger
Don Alfonso
mikey_dragon
SecretFly
Notch
wolfball
The Great Aukster
munkian
profitius
the-goon
westisbest
Maine man
Sin é
39 posters

Page 7 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 10, 11, 12  Next

Go down

Irish Provinces NEWS & GOSSIP thread 2016-17 - Page 7 Empty Irish Provinces NEWS & GOSSIP thread 2016-17

Post by Sin é Sat 23 Jul 2016, 11:21 am

First topic message reminder :

What it says in the title - a place to put all bits of news not worth starting a thread for the Four Proud Provinces of Ireland such as new signings, interviews that maybe of interest to others etc.

Sin é
Sin é

Back to top Go down

Irish Provinces NEWS & GOSSIP thread 2016-17 - Page 7 Empty Re: Irish Provinces NEWS & GOSSIP thread 2016-17

Post by Sin é Mon 03 Apr 2017, 12:49 pm

Geen sport voor watjes wrote:Complete horse manure.
+1.

It works as a surprise tactic, but after a bit of video analysis they get found out.
Sin é
Sin é

Back to top Go down

Irish Provinces NEWS & GOSSIP thread 2016-17 - Page 7 Empty Re: Irish Provinces NEWS & GOSSIP thread 2016-17

Post by SecretFly Mon 03 Apr 2017, 12:53 pm

You can't 'find out' speed of distribution - all you can do is try to catch up on it. Some sides can, other sides can't...but all sides are able to keep up with slow distribution.

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Mon 03 Apr 2017, 12:57 pm

Geen sport voor watjes wrote:Complete horse manure.

Twirl..... twirl....twirl...... "it's fun being out for a jog with me lovely forwards in a nice big International game." Twirl, twirl...." Ta f**k with them idiots out there on the fringes called backs" laughing Twirl, twirl.....twirl

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by GunsGermsV2 Mon 03 Apr 2017, 1:30 pm

His pass has always been a bit too slow. Its much better than it was but if he improved in that area I think Ireland would get better returns for their high possession stats.

GunsGermsV2

Back to top Go down

Post by Golden Mon 03 Apr 2017, 2:26 pm

What bollix. The Anti-Munster Brigade is out in force today. How dare you insinuate that a Munster player could possibly have something he could improve in!

Golden

Back to top Go down

Post by Geen sport voor watjes Mon 03 Apr 2017, 10:16 pm

Murray could have a pass as fast as a bullet for all the good it would do as long as our back line are coached to play as they do.

The reason Williams is playing well is not because of his passing ( which was always effortless) it's because he is back to the form he showed a few years back before injury and is getting a decent run of games.

Geen sport voor watjes

Back to top Go down

Post by Cyril Mon 03 Apr 2017, 11:30 pm

Good to see the Irish are realising Murray for the sub-par Mike Phillips that he really is.

Cyril

Back to top Go down

Post by Geen sport voor watjes Mon 03 Apr 2017, 11:54 pm

Who let the door open? The smell is getting in

Geen sport voor watjes

Back to top Go down

Post by the-goon Tue 04 Apr 2017, 9:03 am

The 2 golden rules for being a munster supporter:

1. No non-munster fan can criticize a munster player, ever.
2. All the failures of the Irish team are due to Leinster in some capacity

the-goon

Back to top Go down

Post by eirebilly Tue 04 Apr 2017, 9:05 am

the-goon wrote:The 2 golden rules for being a munster supporter:

Do you not bore yourself with such stupid comments?
eirebilly
eirebilly

Back to top Go down

Post by GunsGermsV2 Tue 04 Apr 2017, 9:26 am

Cyril wrote:Good to see the Irish are realising Murray for the sub-par Mike Phillips that he really is.

I love how Mike Philips called Murray a poor mans Mike Philips. In all fairness Murray is a top player but his passing has always been too slow. He is still the best we have and maybe the best we have ever had. Murray and Stringer.

Last edited by GunsGermsV2 on Tue 04 Apr 2017, 9:27 am; edited 1 time in total

GunsGermsV2

Back to top Go down

Post by GunsGermsV2 Tue 04 Apr 2017, 9:27 am

eirebilly wrote:

The funny thing is he is pretty much spot on.

GunsGermsV2

Back to top Go down

Post by eirebilly Tue 04 Apr 2017, 9:30 am

GunsGermsV2 wrote:
eirebilly wrote:

The funny thing is he is pretty much spot on.

Yawn, you two really have nothing to add to these forums except to try and invent Munster bias at every given chance. For all the abuse sin gets, you are by far worse than him and bringing provincial bias onto these boards...
eirebilly
eirebilly

Back to top Go down

Post by eirebilly Tue 04 Apr 2017, 9:37 am

There is still hope Very Happy

Spoiler:
eirebilly
eirebilly

Back to top Go down

Post by marty2086 Tue 04 Apr 2017, 9:46 am

eirebilly wrote:There is still hope Very Happy

Spoiler:

He's hardly going to say he's leaving while his team on are chasing a double

marty2086

Back to top Go down

Post by eirebilly Tue 04 Apr 2017, 9:47 am

I will cling to any hope marty. He has been brilliant for Munster.
eirebilly
eirebilly

Back to top Go down

Post by GunsGermsV2 Tue 04 Apr 2017, 9:51 am

eirebilly wrote:
Yawn, you two really have nothing to add to these forums except to try and invent Munster bias at every given chance. For all the abuse sin gets, you are by far worse than him and bringing provincial bias onto these boards...

I never really give Sin abuse. I like him, he backs up everything he says with some sort of logic.

In general though Munster fans are desperately predictable in their Schmidt bashing and quasi anti-Ireland/Leinster bias you included.

The Schmidt bashing after every match gets so boring. Its almost as if some fans would prefer Ireland to lose so then can wallow in their own self satisfaction.

Last edited by GunsGermsV2 on Tue 04 Apr 2017, 9:58 am; edited 1 time in total

GunsGermsV2

Back to top Go down

Post by eirebilly Tue 04 Apr 2017, 9:57 am

GunsGermsV2 wrote:
eirebilly wrote:

I never really give Sin abuse. I like him, he backs up everything he says with some sort of logic.

In general though Munster fans are desperately predictable in their Schmidt bashing and quasi anti-Ireland/Leinster bias you included.

Think I am fairly unbiased myself. I have even said negative things about Munster players when they have had a poor game. You just have a general dislike for Munster and their fans so are simply clouded in your understandings as to what is being said and feebly attempt to create a provincial bias as your counter argument. You, sir, are the most provincially biased poster on here. I will no longer react to your postings as, quite frankly, I prefer to discuss rugby on this forum.
eirebilly
eirebilly

Back to top Go down

Post by GunsGermsV2 Tue 04 Apr 2017, 9:59 am

eirebilly wrote:
GunsGermsV2 wrote:
eirebilly wrote:

Think I am fairly unbiased myself. I have even said negative things about Munster players when they have had a poor game. You just have a general dislike for Munster and their fans so are simply clouded in your understandings as to what is being said and feebly attempt to create a provincial bias as your counter argument. You, sir, are the most provincially biased poster on here. I will no longer react to your postings as, quite frankly, I prefer to discuss rugby on this forum.

Do you need a hug? You sound like you are about to cry or something. A bit dramatic no?

Last edited by GunsGermsV2 on Tue 04 Apr 2017, 10:16 am; edited 1 time in total

GunsGermsV2

Back to top Go down

Post by Golden Tue 04 Apr 2017, 10:00 am

Anyone know if stander pom and Murray will be fit for the semis?

Presume Murray must be close enough to fitness since he was originally named in the team for Toulouse.

Golden

Back to top Go down

Post by eirebilly Tue 04 Apr 2017, 10:03 am

Murray will be fit Golden but question marks still around POM and CJ. Not much clarification as to the extent of their respective injuries as yet. Would be a massive blow if either missed the Semi Final.
eirebilly
eirebilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Geen sport voor watjes Tue 04 Apr 2017, 10:57 am

eirebilly wrote:
GunsGermsV2 wrote:
eirebilly wrote:

I am not sure why you are explaining yourself to Guns. He is completely biased as am I or Sin or Fly. Ffs guns thinks Daverage, R Kearnage and McFadden are good players and will pull any excuse from his mullingar hole when explaining J'aimes crap games. Plus if you complain about Joe the truth that it was Cheika who did the groundwork in Leinster might come out or that irelands limited game plan is all we have. The only thing he is right about is Barnes ( who Leinster will probably get in the sf) and annoying the English and Welsh

Geen sport voor watjes

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Tue 04 Apr 2017, 11:12 am

Sad Stop it!  Stop it, I tell ya!!! Sad  

I'm mad as hell and I can't take no more of this Anti-St. Joe, Anti-Leinsterism.  Me heart is broken!   Have mercy, will ya!  Will ya not have mercy and just even pretend Joe probably is a God of some sort but maybe in another lesser dimension than the Biblical one?

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Tue 04 Apr 2017, 11:17 am

On Erasmus..... he's playing his cards close to his chest but he's being a little daring too in briefly showing them now and again.  Is he looking for an increase in salary at Munster?  He's saying nothing much is happening down the SA channel but he's not denying there are discussions.

It would be great for him to stay if only to give a rising Munster something stable to cling to.  There has been too much changing of furniture (business and tragedy) in recent years.  Time for a guy that will stay for five or so years.

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by Pete C (Kiwireddevil) Tue 04 Apr 2017, 11:18 am

the-goon wrote:
The 2 golden rules for being a Munster supporter:

1. No non-Munster fan can criticize a Munster player, ever.
2. All the failures of the Irish team are due to Leinster/Ulster/Wayne Barnes in some capacity

The 2 golden rules for being a Leinster supporter:

1. No non-Leinster fan can criticize a Leinster player, ever.
2. All the failures of the Irish team are due to Munster/Ulster/Wayne Barnes in some capacity

The 2 golden rules for being a Ulster supporter:

1. No non-Ulster fan can criticize a Ulster player, ever.
2. All the failures of the Irish team are due to them southerners/Wayne Barnes in some capacity

Fixed that fer y'all Wink

Poor ignored Connacht ... Run
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Tue 04 Apr 2017, 11:32 am

Pete C (Kiwireddevil) wrote:
the-goon wrote:
The 2 golden rules for being a Munster supporter:

1. No non-Munster fan can criticize a Munster player, ever.
2. All the failures of the Irish team are due to Leinster/Ulster/Wayne Barnes in some capacity

The 2 golden rules for being a Leinster supporter:

1. No non-Leinster fan can criticize a Leinster player, ever.
2. All the failures of the Irish team are due to Munster/Ulster/Wayne Barnes in some capacity

The 2 golden rules for being a Ulster supporter:

1. No non-Ulster fan can criticize a Ulster player, ever.
2. All the failures of the Irish team are due to them southerners/Wayne Barnes/Nucifora/Neil Francis in some capacity.

The 2 golden rules for being a Connacht supporter:

1. Nobody but nobody knows any Connacht player.
2. All failures of the Irish team are due to Connacht................ being ignored........................ and Wayne Barnes.

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by the-goon Tue 04 Apr 2017, 5:28 pm

eirebilly wrote:

I posted this on the back of Fly getting a tirade of abuse for criticzing Murray's passing, and then the Munster supporter having a pop at Joe. These statements seem quite accurate. The abuse Heaslip, Kearneys x2 and McFadden get from Munster fans is outrageous compared to what was said about Murray.

You're not exactly neutral when it comes to Joe either, you blame him when we lose and blame him when we win, no benefit of the doubt, no praise when the team plays well. Saying that you think you are unbiased is quite amusing really.

the-goon

Back to top Go down

Post by eirebilly Tue 04 Apr 2017, 6:40 pm

the-goon wrote:
eirebilly wrote:

I posted this on the back of Fly getting a tirade of abuse for criticzing Murray's passing, and then the Munster supporter having a pop at Joe. These statements seem quite accurate. The abuse Heaslip, Kearneys x2 and McFadden get from Munster fans is outrageous compared to what was said about Murray.

You're not exactly neutral when it comes to Joe either, you blame him when we lose and blame him when we win, no benefit of the doubt, no praise when the team plays well. Saying that you think you are unbiased is quite amusing really.

Think you need to re-read my posts... I also said that Murray's distribution is slower than it could be. I am critical of players regardless of who they play for and equally give credit regardless of who they play for.

I have never been a fan of Schmidt, not disagreeing with that but I keep it factual and about rugby. It's people like yourself who seemingly have no counter arguments that so simply deploy the straw man argument of provincial bias when confronted with such opinions.
eirebilly
eirebilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Sin é Tue 04 Apr 2017, 8:59 pm

marty2086 wrote:
eirebilly wrote:There is still hope Very Happy

Spoiler:

He's hardly going to say he's leaving while his team on are chasing a double

Treble ... Munster are in B&I Final as well.
Sin é
Sin é

Back to top Go down

Post by Sin é Tue 04 Apr 2017, 9:01 pm

GunsGermsV2 wrote:
eirebilly wrote:

I like you too Guns Hug
Sin é
Sin é

Back to top Go down

Post by Sin é Tue 04 Apr 2017, 9:07 pm

Geen sport voor watjes wrote:
eirebilly wrote:
GunsGermsV2 wrote:
eirebilly wrote:

I am not sure why you are explaining yourself to Guns. He is completely biased as am I or Sin or Fly. Ffs guns thinks Daverage, R Kearnage and McFadden are good players and will pull any excuse from his mullingar hole when explaining J'aimes crap games. Plus if you complain about Joe the truth that it was Cheika who did the groundwork in Leinster might come out or that irelands limited game plan is all we have. The only thing he is right about is Barnes ( who Leinster will probably get in the sf) and annoying the English and Welsh

Bang on DOD. Give me a biased supporter any day. Our (Munster) lads have enough lads criticising them - these critics don't need our help. What I find very annoying though is people claiming they are unbiased when they obviously are.
Sin é
Sin é

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Tue 04 Apr 2017, 9:20 pm

Look folks...quit the schidt.  Even the Straw Man, who is so often quoted on these threads recently - even he's biased as f**k.

But that still makes some of us always right and others absolutely always wrong....  I'm delighted to declare myself firmly in the former bracket.  Don't be jealous now - keep the insults to a minimum OK  Wink

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by Geen sport voor watjes Tue 04 Apr 2017, 10:44 pm

I didn't realise calling your posts horse manure = A Tirade of abuse. An exclamation of disbelief maybe.

Geen sport voor watjes

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Wed 05 Apr 2017, 12:12 am

Geen sport voor watjes wrote:I didn't realise calling your posts horse manure = A Tirade of abuse. An exclamation of disbelief maybe.

Goon is a decent man but he isn't my spokesman.  I'm okay with horse manure.  

I've shovelled a lot of horse manure through my life.  Best kind of schidt to shovel - tidy enough stuff and the smell ain't too bad either.

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 05 Apr 2017, 12:16 am

Irish Provinces NEWS & GOSSIP thread 2016-17 - Page 7 1347041234

Back to top Go down

Post by GunsGermsV2 Wed 05 Apr 2017, 8:58 am

Sin é wrote:
Geen sport voor watjes wrote:
eirebilly wrote:
GunsGermsV2 wrote:
eirebilly wrote:

Bang on DOD. Give me a biased supporter any day. Our (Munster) lads have enough lads criticising them - these critics don't need our help. What I find very annoying though is people claiming they are unbiased when they obviously are.

Heaslip should be next Ireland manager DOD. I agree with you on one thing, Barnes is nailed on to ref Leinster v Clermont. the only other possible ref is Owens but he is likely to get the Munster game because he isnt English or Irish.

On Newstalk on Monday Eoin Reddan said Leinster will have a tough time with Barnes because he hasnt a clue how to ref the breakdown.

GunsGermsV2

Back to top Go down

Post by GunsGermsV2 Wed 05 Apr 2017, 8:59 am

Sin é wrote:
GunsGermsV2 wrote:
eirebilly wrote:

I like you too Guns Hug
thumbsup

GunsGermsV2

Back to top Go down

Post by Rory_Gallagher Wed 05 Apr 2017, 9:05 am

GunsGermsV2 wrote:On Newstalk on Monday Eoin Reddan said Leinster will have a tough time with Barnes because he hasnt a clue how to ref the breakdown.

That's certainly true. Usually, you can tell which referees will be very quick to blow the whistle for holding on or which refs will give a bit more time to clear the man over the ball. Barnes makes it up as he goes along.

Last edited by Rory_Gallagher on Wed 05 Apr 2017, 9:12 am; edited 1 time in total

Rory_Gallagher

Back to top Go down

Post by Pete330v2 Wed 05 Apr 2017, 9:11 am

Rory_Gallagher wrote:
GunsGermsV2 wrote:On Newstalk on Monday Eoin Reddan said Leinster will have a tough time with Barnes because he hasnt a clue how to ref the breakdown.

That's certainly true. Usually, you can tell referees will be very quick to blow the whistle for holding on or which refs will give a bit more time to clear the man over the ball. Barnes makes it up as he goes along.

That's the one thing that's clear with Barnes, his inconsistency, his inconsistency and his love of Wales. 2 things, 2 things are clear about Barnes, his inconsistency and his love of Wales, that and the fact he's a ballix. 3 things..........................................................

Pete330v2

Back to top Go down

Post by GunsGermsV2 Wed 05 Apr 2017, 9:15 am

Basically Reddan reckoned that the way Barnes reffed the breakdown in the Toulon v Clermont game the bigger guys won each ruck no matter what they did. If you are more powerful and dominant you can infringe as much as you like Barnes will let you win it. Its a bit worrying because in all fairness we have enough to worry about playing Clermont away.

GunsGermsV2

Back to top Go down

Post by Rory_Gallagher Wed 05 Apr 2017, 9:20 am

Interesting. If I have time I will try and watch the game.

I don't think Leinster will struggle in terms of the physical battle. They probably have the most powerful pack around at the minute, both in the set piece and the loose. I guess second row is the one weakness in this area compared to the big French teams.

Rory_Gallagher

Back to top Go down

Post by GunsGermsV2 Wed 05 Apr 2017, 9:29 am

Leinster's lineout is usually a strength although it wasnt against Wasps.

GunsGermsV2

Back to top Go down

Post by Geen sport voor watjes Wed 05 Apr 2017, 11:08 am

The Munster saracens game will probably be Garces. Barnes has got worse this year. After the Ireland wales game he then made a mockery of the French wales game and last weekend he was woeful again. Reminds me of Chris White a little. Chris disliked Irish teams and French teams.

Geen sport voor watjes

Back to top Go down

Post by marty2086 Wed 05 Apr 2017, 11:11 am

GunsGermsV2 wrote:
On Newstalk on Monday Eoin Reddan said Leinster will have a tough time with Barnes because he hasnt a clue how to ref the breakdown.

That's where you are all wrong, he doesn't know how to ref scrums, lineouts, replacements and most things in the game Rolling Eyes

marty2086

Back to top Go down

Post by No 7&1/2 Wed 05 Apr 2017, 11:15 am

I'm going to generalise a bit here but you lot really need to get over yourselves in regards to Barnes!

No 7&1/2

Back to top Go down

Post by GunsGermsV2 Wed 05 Apr 2017, 11:20 am

No 7&1/2 wrote:I'm going to generalise a bit here but you lot really need to get over yourselves in regards to Barnes!

I think you may need to accept that actually he hasnt been a great referee all along.

GunsGermsV2

Back to top Go down

Post by No 7&1/2 Wed 05 Apr 2017, 11:21 am

And yet he remains one of the best in the business.

No 7&1/2

Back to top Go down

Post by GunsGermsV2 Wed 05 Apr 2017, 11:27 am

No 7&1/2 wrote:And yet he remains one of the best in the business.

In your head only. In the real world he is the most divisive and controversial referee in world rugby and has been for some time.

GunsGermsV2

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Wed 05 Apr 2017, 11:31 am

No 7&1/2 wrote:I'm going to generalise a bit here but you lot really need to get over yourselves in regards to Barnes!

Welcome 7.  You're always welcome on these tribal Provincial/Pro12/Welsh-hating threads   ( I of course joke about the Welsh hating, lest I'm accosted by the forever protesting snowflake generation Cool )  

But no, seriously, you're always welcome to chip into the debates but do tell me honestly - do you do a site search in the mornings for the word 'Barnes'.  You couldn't possibly be reading all threads - especially esoteric Irish-centric ones - but you always manage to be just in the area when we try to discuss Barnes.... Wink

Come now..... how do you do it?

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by No 7&1/2 Wed 05 Apr 2017, 11:36 am

Ha. The post by geen. His views are generally strongly spelt out and start discussions. I do generally read other threads though don't get involved in the detail of club rivalries. Normally.

No 7&1/2

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 10, 11, 12  Next