The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dudley Phillips

+22
profitius
No 7&1/2
Stone Motif
mikey_dragon
Seagultaf
gog1992
St John The Enforcer
wayne
LordDowlais
marty2086
Pete330v2
Luckless Pedestrian
TJ
munkian
Sin é
Pot Hale
SecretFly
asoreleftshoulder
carpet baboon
Rory_Gallagher
Notch
PhilBB
26 posters

Page 2 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down

Dudley Phillips - Page 2 Empty Dudley Phillips

Post by PhilBB Wed 28 Sep 2016, 5:15 pm

First topic message reminder :

Dudley Phillips is employed by the IRFU as a "Participation Rugby Operations Officer". He used to be part of the Leinster Branch Rugby Referees: http://www.arlb.ie/?tag=dudley-philips

This weekend he is refereeing....... Leinster.

Now, I remember being told explicitly by Sin e that this kind of thing couldn't happen.

Dudley has never refereed Leinster before.
PhilBB
PhilBB

http://www.cardiffrfcfans.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Dudley Phillips - Page 2 Empty Re: Dudley Phillips

Post by LordDowlais Thu 29 Sep 2016, 5:09 pm

marty2086 wrote:Explain how its shoddy?

Seriously ? You honestly need me to point this out to you ? Or are you just being ironic ?

Martin Anayi announced to the world his great new changes at the start of the season, it was a breath of fresh air, now after all his announcements, we are still in a position where a hometown ref can officiate his team in a professional rugby match, and we are in a position, where some games get TMO's and some do not, and some refs get a higher level of communication than others do in other games.

You really cannot see how shoddy, and amateur all this looks ?

LordDowlais

Back to top Go down

Post by Luckless Pedestrian Thu 29 Sep 2016, 5:09 pm

PhilBB wrote:I was only ever challenging Sin

Couldn't you have just sent him a message?

Luckless Pedestrian

Back to top Go down

Post by PhilBB Thu 29 Sep 2016, 5:10 pm

Luckless Pedestrian wrote:
PhilBB wrote:I was only ever challenging Sin

Couldn't you have just sent him a message?

Isn't the point of a message board to work out which contributors are accurate and which are full of it?

Sin is constantly full of it. Let's all see that for what it is.
PhilBB
PhilBB

Back to top Go down

Post by carpet baboon Thu 29 Sep 2016, 5:11 pm

PhilBB wrote:
marty2086 wrote:

Pedantic and pathetic come to mind

So you are challenging Sin rather than the issue?

LD, if you want to see who is being childish here he is

I was only ever challenging Sin, for Sin writes some tremendously inaccurate nonsense on this board.

It's not childish to highlight the inaccuracy of posters. It's a common theme in comprehending the value of their contribution.

Explains why you get highlighted a lot then

carpet baboon

Back to top Go down

Post by LordDowlais Thu 29 Sep 2016, 5:11 pm

SecretFly wrote:Breaking rules WAS accepted in Aviva. How quickly you forget. How quickly you forget that it was never even fully admitted to - but covered up 'to help the image of the World Cup'.

You say all that, yet none of us have seen the evidence. We can all say what has happened, we can all make our own minds up, but none of us have seen any evidence.

Show me the big headlines in the news announcing these cheats, show me the stories that have exposed this cheating, you wont as there are none, only stories suggesting it.

LordDowlais

Back to top Go down

Post by Luckless Pedestrian Thu 29 Sep 2016, 5:12 pm

I just don't understand the craving for a public apology from one person on a discussion forum.

Luckless Pedestrian

Back to top Go down

Post by PhilBB Thu 29 Sep 2016, 5:13 pm

carpet baboon wrote:
Explains why you get highlighted a lot then

It does, because I challenge what seems to be the accepted norm of a small group of Irish rugby followers, like Sin, who I then have to continually disprove.

Good to see that you're playing the man. Again.
PhilBB
PhilBB

Back to top Go down

Post by PhilBB Thu 29 Sep 2016, 5:13 pm

Luckless Pedestrian wrote:I just don't understand the craving for a public apology from one person on a discussion forum.

Who asked for an apology?
PhilBB
PhilBB

Back to top Go down

Post by Luckless Pedestrian Thu 29 Sep 2016, 5:16 pm

If you don't want an apology, what do you want from him?

Luckless Pedestrian

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Thu 29 Sep 2016, 5:17 pm

LordDowlais wrote:
SecretFly wrote:Breaking rules WAS accepted in Aviva. How quickly you forget. How quickly you forget that it was never even fully admitted to - but covered up 'to help the image of the World Cup'.

You say all that, yet none of us have seen the evidence. We can all say what has happened, we can all make our own minds up, but none of us have seen any evidence.

Show me the big headlines in the news announcing these cheats, show me the stories that have exposed this cheating, you wont as there are none, only stories suggesting it.

Here we go. Deniability. Everyone, even the English on the threads right beside us, they all believe nothing happened and haven't heard anything back from their respective clubs and contacts that plenty DID happen. Go ask some of them - they're still here. They'll tell you plenty. I've heard plenty.

Deniability is the key used to 'protect' the World Cup from embarrassment. So you go right ahead and use the same technique to avoid an argument that killed your idea that AP and Top14 would never allow shady dealings to happen. You know they would, you know they did - but your latest point won't allow you to admit it.

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by PhilBB Thu 29 Sep 2016, 5:19 pm

Luckless Pedestrian wrote:If you don't want an apology, what do you want from him?

Nothing at all. The reader can make up their mind on the veracity of his / her future claims when the present and previous ones are so easily shown to be pure BS.
PhilBB
PhilBB

Back to top Go down

Post by Luckless Pedestrian Thu 29 Sep 2016, 5:21 pm

So this thread was created just to show that another poster was lying?

Luckless Pedestrian

Back to top Go down

Post by PhilBB Thu 29 Sep 2016, 5:23 pm

Luckless Pedestrian wrote:So this thread was created just to show that another poster was lying?

Fair play, you jump to some crazy conclusions. First wanting an apology, now accusations of lying. Crazy.

I'm sure Sin e wrote the claim in good faith.

This thread was created to show the ludicrous nature of this league. A side benefit of which was to again underline the BS that Sin e writes.
PhilBB
PhilBB

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Thu 29 Sep 2016, 5:23 pm

PhilBB wrote:
Luckless Pedestrian wrote:If you don't want an apology, what do you want from him?

Nothing at all. The reader can make up their mind on the veracity of his / her future claims when the present and previous ones are so easily shown to be pure BS.

You just explain this BS in relation to that Pro12 final weekend:

"The Irish rugby followers don't care, Dowellais. They don't care about any of this.

Why they don't care is an interesting question, but care they do not."

Rather than always highlighting BS, explain some away there. We need to clear up some of this BS.

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by Luckless Pedestrian Thu 29 Sep 2016, 5:29 pm

PhilBB wrote:
Luckless Pedestrian wrote:So this thread was created just to show that another poster was lying?

Fair play, you jump to some crazy conclusions. First wanting an apology, now accusations of lying. Crazy.

Forgive me for taking 'tremendously inaccurate nonsense' and 'pure BS' to mean that someone was telling untruths, in good faith or not.

Luckless Pedestrian

Back to top Go down

Post by LordDowlais Thu 29 Sep 2016, 5:41 pm

SecretFly wrote:
LordDowlais wrote:

Here we go.  Deniability.  Everyone, even the English on the threads right beside us, they all believe nothing happened and haven't heard anything back from their respective clubs and contacts that plenty DID happen.  Go ask some of them - they're still here.  They'll tell you plenty.  I've heard plenty.

Deniability is the key used to 'protect' the World Cup from embarrassment.  So you go right ahead and use the same technique to avoid an argument that killed your idea that AP and Top14 would never allow shady dealings to happen.  You know they would, you know they did - but your latest point won't allow you to admit it.

Hmmmmm.....that kind of talk gets you called paranoid, tin hatted, conspiracy theorist by the Irish members on here....oh wait.

LordDowlais

Back to top Go down

Post by LordDowlais Thu 29 Sep 2016, 5:44 pm

What this thread highlights is the total amateur attitude towards the running of our league. Martin Anayi promised us the world, he has given the same old cr@p.

LordDowlais

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Thu 29 Sep 2016, 5:45 pm

LordDowlais wrote:

Hmmmmm.....that kind of talk gets you called paranoid, tin hatted, conspiracy theorist by the Irish members on here....oh wait.

Just get back to the point you were making.... would the AP, Top14 really never allow unprofessional shady dealings to happen in their League?

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by LordDowlais Thu 29 Sep 2016, 5:55 pm

SecretFly wrote:would the AP, Top14 really never allow unprofessional shady dealings to happen in their League?

No. Why would they ? I am not saying it does not happen, but I am sure they would not allow it.

Anyway, the situation with the officials in the Pro12 is not "shady", it is pure amateurism. It puts the Pro12 in a bad light. Why would you except this ? Are you satisfied with this situation ? Would you not demand a more professional outlook ?

One thing we can all agree on, is the fact that the Pro12 is falling behind it's competitors, another thing we can all agree with is that we all want the Pro12 to prosper. Do you honestly think the situation we are finding ourselves in with our officials is helping us meets these ends ?

LordDowlais

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Thu 29 Sep 2016, 6:00 pm

Shady and corrupt is a good few notches up from amateurism in my immoral book.  But obviously in the eyes of some here, professionalism allows a degree of covered-up corruption in order to maintain league position - for the shareholders and sponsors and all.

Yeah, we're missing a load of that.  We should include more of it to stay competitive with Top14 and AP.

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by marty2086 Thu 29 Sep 2016, 10:37 pm

LordDowlais wrote:
marty2086 wrote:Explain how its shoddy?

Seriously ? You honestly need me to point this out to you ? Or are you just being ironic ?

Martin Anayi announced to the world his great new changes at the start of the season, it was a breath of fresh air, now after all his announcements, we are still in a position where a hometown ref can officiate his team in a professional rugby match, and we are in a position, where some games get TMO's and some do not, and some refs get a higher level of communication than others do in other games.

You really cannot see how shoddy, and amateur all this looks ?

His changes were not the wave of a magic wand, they were targets to be meet over the next few years

Have Cardiff objected to it?

marty2086

Back to top Go down

Post by LordDowlais Fri 30 Sep 2016, 7:48 am

Let's put it this way, it's 6N's time, Ireland are playing England, and Wayne Barnes is the ref. There would be bloody murder coming from across the Irish sea. Rolling Eyes

LordDowlais

Back to top Go down

Post by PhilBB Fri 30 Sep 2016, 8:55 am

Luckless Pedestrian wrote:
PhilBB wrote:

Forgive me for taking 'tremendously inaccurate nonsense' and 'pure BS' to mean that someone was telling untruths, in good faith or not.

A lie is not 'good faith'. Come on, this is obvious.
PhilBB
PhilBB

Back to top Go down

Post by marty2086 Fri 30 Sep 2016, 9:22 am

LordDowlais wrote:Let's put it this way, it's 6N's time, Ireland are playing England, and Wayne Barnes is the ref. There would be bloody murder coming from across the Irish sea. Rolling Eyes

Wayne Barnes reffing any Irish match gets that reaction

Again I will ask

Have Cardiff objected?

marty2086

Back to top Go down

Post by LordDowlais Fri 30 Sep 2016, 9:49 am

marty2086 wrote:Have Cardiff objected?

I do not know.Are they allowed to object ?

LordDowlais

Back to top Go down

Post by LordDowlais Fri 30 Sep 2016, 9:49 am

marty2086 wrote:Wayne Barnes reffing any Irish match gets that reaction

OK, any English ref then. Rolling Eyes

LordDowlais

Back to top Go down

Post by marty2086 Fri 30 Sep 2016, 9:50 am

LordDowlais wrote:

Usually doesn't matter with they Welsh they seem to bitch regardless of an issue existing or being allowed to Run

marty2086

Back to top Go down

Post by munkian Fri 30 Sep 2016, 10:30 am

Yeah, and the Irish wouldn't argue about the colour of the sky
munkian
munkian

Back to top Go down

Post by LordDowlais Fri 30 Sep 2016, 10:52 am

marty2086 wrote:
LordDowlais wrote:

Usually doesn't matter with they Welsh they seem to bitch regardless of an issue existing or being allowed to Run

Look, I am not bitching about the ref. I am bitching about the way are league is made to look unprofessional due to the decisions made by the people running it. They say one thing, then do another. It makes us look like fools.

LordDowlais

Back to top Go down

Post by PhilBB Fri 30 Sep 2016, 10:54 am

LordDowlais wrote:

Look, I am not bitching about the ref. I am bitching about the way are league is made to look unprofessional due to the decisions made by the people running it. They say one thing, then do another. It makes us look like fools.

I had a chat with a Leinster fan on twitter yesterday evening. He reckons that the Leinster society referee, Dudley, will overcompensate when refereeing, erm, Leinster, meaning it will be a Cardiff win.

See? This is a no win situation for any party involved. It's bad for the referee, it's bad for both teams, both sets of supporters and it makes the league look amateurish.
PhilBB
PhilBB

Back to top Go down

Post by marty2086 Fri 30 Sep 2016, 10:56 am

LordDowlais wrote:
marty2086 wrote:
LordDowlais wrote:

No they don't say one thing then do another

As you've been told it wasn't an overnight fix they were going for, its going to take a few years to reach their targets but you can't seem to get your head around it

You are criticising decisions without knowing the process used to reach the decision

Is it ideal? No, but the last time a similar decision was taken Alain Rolland reffed Leinster and Munster, Munster were asked if they were ok with it and said they were

marty2086

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 30 Sep 2016, 10:58 am

LordDowlais wrote:
marty2086 wrote:
LordDowlais wrote:

Not true.

Back to top Go down

Post by PhilBB Fri 30 Sep 2016, 11:00 am

Owens is reffing in Connacht. He could have swapped with Dudley.

It's not difficult.
PhilBB
PhilBB

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 30 Sep 2016, 11:01 am

PhilBB wrote:Owens is reffing in Connacht. He could have swapped with Dudley.

It's not difficult.

So a home ref officiating a home game?

Back to top Go down

Post by PhilBB Fri 30 Sep 2016, 11:02 am

Munchkin wrote:

It's not difficult.

Owen has nothing to do with Cardiff rugby, never has done.

Try again.
PhilBB
PhilBB

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 30 Sep 2016, 11:04 am

PhilBB wrote:
Munchkin wrote:

It's not difficult.

Owen has nothing to do with Cardiff rugby, never has done.

Try again.

He is Welsh.

I notice KID A/Chunky/Dai has posted the very same topic on Planet Rugby. Aided by yet another Dai. The games people play.

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Fri 30 Sep 2016, 11:08 am

LordDowlais wrote:

Who stops them objecting?

Oh don't tell me Laugh ...don't tell me. It's the bleedin' Oirarse wots been doin' it again, most likely. Cool

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by PhilBB Fri 30 Sep 2016, 11:08 am

Munchkin wrote:

He is Welsh.

I notice KID A/Chunky/Dai has posted the very same topic on Planet Rugby. Aided by yet another Dai. The games people play.

Again, KID A/Chunky/Dai is @smallclone

Being Welsh and refereeing a Welsh team is not in the same league as reffing the IRFU controlled Leinster, full of IRFU employees, whilst being an IRFU employee yourself and being part of the Leinster Referees society.

That is blindingly obvious.
PhilBB
PhilBB

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 30 Sep 2016, 11:09 am

PhilBB wrote:
Munchkin wrote:

He is Welsh.

Being Welsh and refereeing a Welsh team is not in the same league as reffing the IRFU controlled Leinster, full of IRFU employees, whilst being an IRFU employee yourself and being part of the Leinster Referees society.

Smallclone hasn't two brain cells to rub together. Makes sense.

Back to top Go down

Post by LordDowlais Fri 30 Sep 2016, 11:11 am

Marty/Munchkin, do all the games have TMO's ? Do all the games have officials with the same level of communication ?

LordDowlais

Back to top Go down

Post by PhilBB Fri 30 Sep 2016, 11:11 am

Munchkin wrote:
PhilBB wrote:
Munchkin wrote:

He is Welsh.

Yay! Play the man. Ignore the message.

What an odd collection of Irish rugby followers this message board has accumulated.
PhilBB
PhilBB

Back to top Go down

Post by Notch Fri 30 Sep 2016, 11:11 am

PhilBB wrote:Isn't the point of a message board to work out which contributors are accurate and which are full of it?

No, it is a forum for people who share a common interest to discuss it with other, like-minded people. If it's working in an ideal fashion, it is an enjoyable and good-natured discussion which is respectful and considerate. On the internet that is rare enough but thats the ideal.
Notch
Notch

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 30 Sep 2016, 11:13 am

PhilBB wrote:
Munchkin wrote:

He is Welsh.

No, what is obvious is that PRO12 took the option of sending an away ref with the away team, as is normal when a neutral ref isn't available. I'm not arguing that it's ideal. It isn't, but hardly the fault of PRO12 when there is a lack of Scottish and Italian refs.

Back to top Go down

Post by LordDowlais Fri 30 Sep 2016, 11:13 am

Notch wrote:No, it is a forum for people who share a common interest to discuss it with other, like-minded people. If it's working in an ideal fashion, it is an enjoyable and good-natured discussion which is respectful and considerate. On the internet that is rare enough but thats the ideal.

I hope this is directed at some of your fellow Irish mates on here as well. OK

LordDowlais

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 30 Sep 2016, 11:14 am

PhilBB wrote:
Munchkin wrote:
PhilBB wrote:
Munchkin wrote:

He is Welsh.

Yay! Play the man. Ignore the message.

What an odd collection of Irish rugby followers this message board has accumulated.

I answered your message. What man was I playing? Slip?

Last edited by Munchkin on Fri 30 Sep 2016, 11:16 am; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by LordDowlais Fri 30 Sep 2016, 11:16 am

Munchkin wrote:It isn't, but hardly the fault of PRO12 when there is a lack of Scottish and Italian refs

So what you are telling us is, that out of ALL the Irish refs available, the only one that the Pro12 could use was one that was contracted to the Leinster branch, for a Leinster game ? The nationality of the refs is not in question, can you see how this looks ? I cannot understand how you would want to except this in a professional league ? Why ? Why would you accept this ?

LordDowlais

Back to top Go down

Post by Notch Fri 30 Sep 2016, 11:17 am

LordDowlais wrote:
Notch wrote:No, it is a forum for people who share a common interest to discuss it with other, like-minded people. If it's working in an ideal fashion, it is an enjoyable and good-natured discussion which is respectful and considerate. On the internet that is rare enough but thats the ideal.

I hope this is directed at some of your fellow Irish mates on here as well. OK

It's directed at everybody. Of course, people who take the bait and react to stuff need to know better but they are not necessarily the core of the problem. People get very defensive when they are criticised or patronised and you end up with a 'debate' which is just about one upmanship.

Last edited by Notch on Fri 30 Sep 2016, 11:19 am; edited 1 time in total
Notch
Notch

Back to top Go down

Post by PhilBB Fri 30 Sep 2016, 11:17 am

Notch wrote:
PhilBB wrote:Isn't the point of a message board to work out which contributors are accurate and which are full of it?

No, it is a forum for people who share a common interest to discuss it with other, like-minded people. If it's working in an ideal fashion, it is an enjoyable and good-natured discussion which is respectful and considerate. On the internet that is rare enough but thats the ideal.

Understood.

I'll look out for the respectful and considerate responses from the small collective of Irish rugby followers who have yet to show me any.
PhilBB
PhilBB

Back to top Go down

Post by PhilBB Fri 30 Sep 2016, 11:18 am

Munchkin wrote:

No, what is obvious is that PRO12 took the option of sending an away ref with the away team, as is normal when a neutral ref isn't available. I'm not arguing that it's ideal. It isn't, but hardly the fault of PRO12 when there is a lack of Scottish and Italian refs.

The neutral referee is flying the other way, mate. He's going to Galway.
PhilBB
PhilBB

Back to top Go down

Post by PhilBB Fri 30 Sep 2016, 11:19 am

Munchkin wrote:

I answered your message. What man was I playing? Slip?

You didn't answer the message. You were playing smallclone, a mate of mine and fellow Gwlader who supports Llanelli. It really needs to get into your brain that he and I are very different people. It will help you a lot once you've grasped that.
PhilBB
PhilBB

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next