The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Frampton v Santa Cruz II - Is anybody going?

+23
Jermaine2015
lfc91
bhb001
AdamT
EX7EY
hogey
mobilemaster8
TRUSSMAN66
quentins_monkey
owen10ozzy
BoxingFan88
catchweight
Herman Jaeger
Dylan1979
marty2086
alanqlm
Steffan
milkyboy
melv500
compelling and rich
hazharrison
BallchinianMuffwig
The Mighty G
27 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Frampton v Santa Cruz II - Is anybody going? - Page 3 Empty Frampton v Santa Cruz II - Is anybody going?

Post by The Mighty G Sun 08 Jan 2017, 3:02 pm

First topic message reminder :

My wife and I were already booked up to be in Vegas weekend of 28th and she managed to get us tickets to the fight.

So I am really looking for any tips from people that are seasoned Vegas big fight go-ers and can recommend the best places to go pre/post and best ways to make the most of it.
The Mighty G
The Mighty G

Back to top Go down

Frampton v Santa Cruz II - Is anybody going? - Page 3 Empty Re: Frampton v Santa Cruz II - Is anybody going?

Post by catchweight Mon 20 Feb 2017, 2:40 pm

According to Frampton and McGuigan, they are putting together a deal that would offer Santa Cruz the biggest purse of his career to come to Belfast for a third fight.

catchweight

Back to top Go down

Frampton v Santa Cruz II - Is anybody going? - Page 3 Empty Re: Frampton v Santa Cruz II - Is anybody going?

Post by hazharrison Mon 20 Feb 2017, 3:00 pm

catchweight wrote:According to Frampton and McGuigan, they are putting together a deal that would offer Santa Cruz the biggest purse of his career to come to Belfast for a third fight.

That would have to be some deal, considering Haymon's reputation for overpaying his fighters.

I really don't see that one happening.

hazharrison

Back to top Go down

Post by AdamT Tue 21 Feb 2017, 9:15 am

I hate to say it, but I don't think Frampton will beat Santa Cruz, even in Belfast, unless the judges are crooked.

Frampton is very good, but Leo has him figured out. He had problems leading up to the first fight and nearly had Carl beat. In the second fight, he definitely was a clear winner in a competitive fight. I'm a huge Carl fan, but I think Leo is slightly better.

Last edited by AdamT on Tue 21 Feb 2017, 9:16 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : .)

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Post by EX7EY Tue 21 Feb 2017, 9:32 am

AdamT wrote:I hate to say it, but I don't think Frampton will beat Santa Cruz, even in Belfast, unless the judges are crooked.

Frampton is very good, but Leo has him figured out. He had problems leading up to the first fight and nearly had Carl beat. In the second fight, he definitely was a clear winner in a competitive fight. I'm a huge Carl fan, but I think Leo is slightly better.

Think I agree with this. If there is a third installment and LSC boxes the way he did in the second fight I struggle to see Frampton winning. Would still love to see it though!

EX7EY

Back to top Go down

Post by catchweight Tue 21 Feb 2017, 11:23 am

I would favour Frampton to win in Belfast by 2 or 3 rounds. Home advantage would count for a lot in a fight thats pretty well matched and competetive.

I think Santa Cruz surprised Frampton with his adaptation in the second fight, but I woud give Frampton a good chance of making the changes himsef in a third ight to win.

If Santa Cruz had to go all the way to Belfast and face a big partisan crowd then I definately like Frampton to win without any dodgy decisions.

catchweight

Back to top Go down

Post by milkyboy Tue 21 Feb 2017, 4:05 pm

With catchy on this. Two evenly matched fighters, whoever makes the necessary adjustments or wants it most wins. Home advantage could be decisive.

milkyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by Herman Jaeger Tue 04 Apr 2017, 9:27 am

http://www.boxingscene.com/leo-santa-cruz-vs-abner-mares-rematch-ordered-by-wba--115262

Herman Jaeger

Back to top Go down

Post by The Mighty G Sun 07 May 2017, 4:47 pm

Anybody know if you can upload photos here? Was clearing out my phone and found some great ones from the night that I could share
The Mighty G
The Mighty G

Back to top Go down

Post by Herman Jaeger Sun 11 Jun 2017, 5:57 pm

Is Gary Russell ever going to get a big fight at 126? Why won't any of them fight him? Got to be the best at 26 hasn't he

http://www.boxingscene.com/gary-russell-jr-if-no-big-fight-126-im-moving-up-130--117436

Herman Jaeger

Back to top Go down

Post by marty2086 Sun 11 Jun 2017, 6:09 pm

Frampton said today his big fight in Belfast won't disappoint when announced and will be a dangerous fighter so Im thinking it'll be Russell

marty2086

Back to top Go down

Post by Herman Jaeger Sun 11 Jun 2017, 6:55 pm

After two quality fights on the road I don't think anyone would begrudge Frampton a slightly easier fight in his next one

Personally I'd prefer to see Carl fight Selby before Russell with the winner to then fight Russell early next year

If Selby's got a mandatory next up could he and Frampton fight end of this year?

Could Russell fight Santa Cruz end of this year too with winner to face winner Frampton/Selby?

Wishful thinking I know but wouldn't mind see them all fight now while there's a nice pool of talent.

Be a great fight with Russell though in Belfast and Frampton win or lose would deserve a lot of credit fighting Santa Cruz twice and then Russell in a row

I'll be honest I still haven't seen Russell didn't even catch the Lomachenko fight all I know is he's quick skillfull and has brittle hands. He's also 8/15 to beat Frampton with Paddy Power so if I was Barry I possibly wouldn't fight him till next year if I could help it

Herman Jaeger

Back to top Go down

Post by milkyboy Sun 11 Jun 2017, 9:35 pm

Russell's a classy fighter... great hand speed. Lomo did a number on him but it wasn't one way traffic. Very dangerous fight for frampton but a very good one for the fans if it that's what it is. I'd be surprised if it is russell to be honest. He's said the really big names won't come to Belfast I'd imagine Russell classifies in the big name category as wbc champ, as would mares. More likely a jhonny Gonzales type I'd have thought.

I realise it won't be selby, but I'd be after selby before Russell if I was Frampton. I've never quite caught the selby hype train that others on here have.

milkyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by Herman Jaeger Sun 11 Jun 2017, 10:57 pm

I'd be amazed if it's Russell milky when Frampton has big money fights with Selby and Santa Cruz still in the offing

Frampton and Selby is good business isn't it and a real 50/50 very hard to call

Just feel a bit sorry for Russell let's hope he gets one of the big names sooner rather later want to find out how good he is

Herman Jaeger

Back to top Go down

Post by marty2086 Mon 12 Jun 2017, 11:20 am

When asked on Twitter last week about Selby he said

Unfortunately not. He has his Mandatory to fight but it's going to be an exciting one

Press conference to announce the venue and opponent is set for 1pm on Wednesday

marty2086

Back to top Go down

Post by InBODWeTrust Mon 12 Jun 2017, 12:21 pm

Andres Gutierrez at the Odyssey. Fairly underwhelming given the hype of his homecoming fight

InBODWeTrust

Back to top Go down

Post by Herman Jaeger Mon 12 Jun 2017, 12:37 pm

Russell's going to have to move up Santa Cruz has no intention of fighting him for the foreseeable future  imo Santa Cruz Selby and Frampton add Mares will fight amongst themselves another case of the best guy in the division failing to land the big fights boxing can be extremely irritating sometimes

Herman Jaeger

Back to top Go down

Post by Herman Jaeger Tue 13 Jun 2017, 8:38 am

Can't put Santa Cruz anywhere near a p4p top ten till he's boxed Russell Jr

If he beats Selby too he would have then beaten four quality divisional rivals Mares Frampton Russell Jr Selby

Then he might be in the discussion for a top ten place

Herman Jaeger

Back to top Go down

Post by Herman Jaeger Tue 13 Jun 2017, 12:05 pm

If Frampton beat Selby and Russell Jr he would then hold wins over four quality rivals Quigg Santa Selby Russell Jr and then find himself in the discussion

Selby's only got a post Donaire Montiel Russell hasn't got anyone

If they all boxed each other though the picture could change dramatically

Herman Jaeger

Back to top Go down

Post by Herman Jaeger Wed 30 Aug 2017, 12:33 pm

Who needs this tune up the Mares fight was primed surely don't think you'll be seeing Leo in with Russell Jr anytime next year?

http://www.boxingscene.com/santa-cruz-avalos-mares-gutierrez-set-1014-stubhub--119986

Herman Jaeger

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3