The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Wales Under 20 Squad

+4
Breadvan
LordDowlais
ScarletSpiderman
True Raven
8 posters

Go down

Wales Under 20 Squad Empty Wales Under 20 Squad

Post by True Raven Fri 20 Jan 2017, 4:28 pm

Wales U20 Squad:

Forwards

Kieron Assiratti (Cardiff Blues), Callum Bradbury (Cardiff Blues), Rhys Carre (Cardiff Blues), Chris Coleman (Newport Gwent Dragons), Max Davies (Newcastle Falcons), Alex Dombrandt (Cardiff Met), Will Jones (Ospreys), Shane Lewis-Hughes (Cardiff Blues), Tom Mably (Cardiff Blues), Morgan Morris (Gloucester), James Ratti (Ospreys), Morgan Sienawski (Cardiff Blues), Corrie Tarrant (Cardiff Blues), Steff Thomas (Scarlets), Ellis Shipp (Newport Gwent Dragons), Aled Ward (Cardiff Blues)

Backs

Corey Baldwin (Scarlets), Dane Blacker (Cardiff Blues), Ryan Conbeer (Scarlets), Connor Edwards (Newport Gwent Dragons), Joe Goodchild (Newport Gwent Dragons), Ben Jones (Cardiff Blues), Phil Jones (Ospreys), Cameron Lewis (Cardiff Blues), Ioan Nicholas (Scarlets), Arwel Robson (Newport Gwent Dragons), Jared Rosser (Newport Gwent Dragons), Declan Smith (Scarlets), Will Talbot-Davies (Newport Gwent Dragons), Kieran Williams (Ospreys), Rhun Williams (Cardiff Blues), Reuben Morgan-Williams (Ospreys)

Phil and Will Jones are an exciting flyhalf and openside respectively who have performed well in the Welsh under 18's team and for the O's PS team the last two seasons. Kieron Williams is also a hard running 12 with an eye for the tryline.

Who else should I be keeping an eye out for?

True Raven

Back to top Go down

Wales Under 20 Squad Empty Re: Wales Under 20 Squad

Post by ScarletSpiderman Tue 24 Jan 2017, 8:48 pm

Conbeer, Baldwin and Nicholas are being backed by Pivac to step up into the main squad as we are not replacing the two big name departures in the back three.

I've seen Conbeer playing, and he seemed a bit raw, but he is a pretty solid lad and looked to have plenty of gas for his size. Nicholas hasn't stood out for me, but has had some pro12 experience.
ScarletSpiderman
ScarletSpiderman

Back to top Go down

Post by LordDowlais Wed 25 Jan 2017, 5:01 pm

Christ on a bike, Cardiff Blues have a lot of players in that squad, especially in the forwards. they have supplied almost half the squad. Shocked

LordDowlais

Back to top Go down

Post by Breadvan Wed 25 Jan 2017, 6:54 pm

Hope 18yr old no8 Morgan Morris (signed to Glos from hartpury) does well. Local lad to me and his mum and step dad are good friends. Good luck to the lad...
Breadvan
Breadvan

Back to top Go down

Post by True Raven Wed 25 Jan 2017, 9:47 pm

Breadvan is Morgan still contracted to the Ospreys whilst at Hartpury like J Liney and will come back after his studies or is it a Protheroe situation where he wasn't picked up by he Ospreys at all?

True Raven

Back to top Go down

Post by Breadvan Wed 25 Jan 2017, 9:59 pm

No. He was registered with them when he was U16 but as soon as he went to Hartpury he kept his distance from the Os, which I cannot blame him as they were half assing their advances for him. Plus the kids a straight A student and the facilities and coaching cannot compare tbh.
Breadvan
Breadvan

Back to top Go down

Post by True Raven Thu 26 Jan 2017, 7:56 am

I should add too that the under 20s is no longer Wales '2nd team' so players won't be tied into Wales after representing the under 20s.  It's a good move as we've seen players leave the squad before or not join in the first place due to being tied to wales

True Raven

Back to top Go down

Post by True Raven Thu 26 Jan 2017, 8:02 am

LordDowlais wrote:Christ on a bike, Cardiff Blues have a lot of players in that squad, especially in the forwards. they have supplied almost half the squad. Shocked

A lot of those LD have came through coleg y cymoedd together.  Last year weren't they the only British and Irish school to beat the best NZ schools team that toured over here and they've had some
Close games bs England at under 18 level

Also adds fuel to the fire that there's a lot of talent in the valleys because at least 7 of those Cardiff Blues boys in coleg y cymoedd are from the RCT or Merthyr valleys

True Raven

Back to top Go down

Post by LordDowlais Thu 26 Jan 2017, 2:14 pm

True Raven wrote:Also adds fuel to the fire that there's a lot of talent in the valleys because at least 7 of those Cardiff Blues boys in coleg y cymoedd are from the RCT or Merthyr valleys

I knew that TR, i just did not want to give anybody another reason to red bar me by making the point. If you look at the Cardiff Blues academy, check out how many are from places like Church Village, Pontypridd, Merthyr Tydfil and RCT. You will find the bulk of their squad is from the valleys. OK

I will more than likely get a red bar for this one as well. Rolling Eyes

Quite ironic though, that some members get that option, to like and dislike, yet others do not.

LordDowlais

Back to top Go down

Post by Scottrf Thu 26 Jan 2017, 2:49 pm

LordDowlais wrote:Quite ironic though, that some members get that option, to like and dislike, yet others do not.
If you are below 0 you don't get the option I believe.

Scottrf

Back to top Go down

Post by RiscaGame Thu 26 Jan 2017, 2:51 pm

I don't know if he will play a lot if you and others rate Phil Jones, but I rate Arwel Robson the NGD ten pretty highly. It's a shame he won't get a look in with the Dragons seniors, due to the two Mini Kingsleys being preferred ahead of him but myself and other Dragons fans I've seen would prefer that not to be the case (certainly in the case of GR Jones).

RiscaGame

Back to top Go down

Post by LordDowlais Thu 26 Jan 2017, 3:00 pm

And as if by magic, along comes a certain poster who is supposed to have me on foe, and I get a red bar.

LordDowlais

Back to top Go down

Post by True Raven Thu 26 Jan 2017, 3:36 pm

Scottrf wrote:
LordDowlais wrote:Quite ironic though, that some members get that option, to like and dislike, yet others do not.

What a daft system to have on a forum.

If someone disagrees with your point of view, you get a dislike and then cant use the function.

True Raven

Back to top Go down

Post by LordDowlais Thu 26 Jan 2017, 3:58 pm

True Raven wrote:
Scottrf wrote:

What a daft system to have on a forum.  

If someone disagrees with your point of view, you get a dislike and then cant use the function.

Yep, and when you get certain members who look for all you posts and puts a dislike on them, you end up with -40 like me. Rolling Eyes

I will get another one for this reply no doubt.

LordDowlais

Back to top Go down

Post by BamBam Thu 26 Jan 2017, 4:05 pm

LD I'd give you one to help you gather some proof for the victim mentality in your head but unfortunately I'm on negative likes too

BamBam

Back to top Go down

Post by LordDowlais Thu 26 Jan 2017, 4:13 pm

BamBam wrote:LD I'd give you one to help you gather some proof for the victim mentality in your head but unfortunately I'm on negative likes too

So that's it then ?

As soon as you are in a negative, your doomed. Laugh

The thing is, this has given more anonymity, if people do not like what you post, I would rather be told, and why. Half of the red bars I have are for nothing. I had one for asking if anybody is confident for the game against Italy.Rolling Eyes

No doubt I will get one for this as well.

LordDowlais

Back to top Go down

Post by Scottrf Thu 26 Jan 2017, 4:18 pm

Have a green Very Happy

Scottrf

Back to top Go down

Post by LordDowlais Thu 26 Jan 2017, 4:23 pm

Scottrf wrote:Have a green Very Happy

Hug

Cheers. I think that's my first ever green. Yahoo

LordDowlais

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 26 Jan 2017, 4:25 pm

True Raven wrote:
LordDowlais wrote:Christ on a bike, Cardiff Blues have a lot of players in that squad, especially in the forwards. they have supplied almost half the squad. Shocked

A lot of those LD have came through coleg y cymoedd together.  Last year weren't they the only British and Irish school to beat the best NZ schools team that toured over here and they've had some

Also adds fuel to the fire that there's a lot of talent in the valleys because at least 7 of those Cardiff Blues boys in coleg y cymoedd are from the RCT or Merthyr valleys

Ummm, I can't EVER remember anyone saying that there is no talent in the valleys. You only have to look at where current and past regional players and internationals are form. I'd love you to find evidence that people have argued to the contrary. The only thing I've seen is people suggesting basing a pro regional team in the valleys is not a strong suggestion due to the lower population levels (of fans) and not as good transport networks as the cities.

Back to top Go down

Post by LordDowlais Thu 26 Jan 2017, 4:29 pm

Griff wrote: The only thing I've seen is people suggesting basing a pro regional team in the valleys is not a strong suggestion due to the lower population levels (of fans) and not as good transport networks as the cities.

Yet without us, none of you would have any players. Very Happy

Whoops, I have had another ed bar somewhere on this forum, I was back down to 39 because of scott's generosity. Goes to show that I am not paranoid as I have only posted on this thread today. OK

Somebody must be looking at my posting history and just giving me red bars. Rolling Eyes

Last edited by LordDowlais on Thu 26 Jan 2017, 4:31 pm; edited 1 time in total

LordDowlais

Back to top Go down

Post by True Raven Thu 26 Jan 2017, 4:30 pm

Griff wrote:
True Raven wrote:

Ummm, I can't EVER remember anyone saying that there is no talent in the valleys.  You only have to look at where current and past regional players and internationals are form.  I'd love you to find evidence that people have argued to the contrary.  The only thing I've seen is people suggesting basing a pro regional team in the valleys is not a strong suggestion due to the lower population levels (of fans) and not as good transport networks as the cities.  

I was in a rush when I typed that on the phone, what I ment to say was there is a lot of kids with potential in places without a regional club such as the valleys and North Wales that if it wasn't for Coleg Y Cymmoedd and not the Blues could have been wasted to the game

I'm not saying the answer is to have a valleys region just that the Valleys is a hot bed of rugby talent

True Raven

Back to top Go down

Post by Luckless Pedestrian Thu 26 Jan 2017, 4:39 pm

LordDowlais wrote:
Griff wrote: The only thing I've seen is people suggesting basing a pro regional team in the valleys is not a strong suggestion due to the lower population levels (of fans) and not as good transport networks as the cities.

Whoops, I have had another ed bar somewhere on this forum, I was back down to 39 because of scott's generosity. Goes to show that I am not paranoid as I have only posted on this thread today. OK

Somebody must be looking at my posting history and just giving me red bars. Rolling Eyes

I voted you down for that one. OK

Luckless Pedestrian

Back to top Go down

Post by True Raven Thu 26 Jan 2017, 4:40 pm

RiscaGame wrote:I don't know if he will play a lot if you and others rate Phil Jones, but I rate Arwel Robson the NGD ten pretty highly. It's a shame he won't get a look in with the Dragons seniors, due to the two Mini Kingsleys being preferred ahead of him but myself and other Dragons fans I've seen would prefer that not to be the case (certainly in the case of GR Jones).

I'd imagine Arwel will be the starting 10 against Italy due to experience, as both Phil and Ben Jones have just come up from the under 18s. I have heard about him though, but never seen him play so will keep an eye out

True Raven

Back to top Go down

Post by Luckless Pedestrian Thu 26 Jan 2017, 4:41 pm

LordDowlais wrote:I am not paranoid

Er....

Luckless Pedestrian

Back to top Go down

Post by LordDowlais Thu 26 Jan 2017, 4:44 pm

Luckless Pedestrian wrote:
LordDowlais wrote:

I voted you down for that one. OK

Why ? I was just playing silly buggers, did you not notice my smiley ?

But I was on 39 before that one, I am on 41 now, so there is somebody following my posts from days ago on here and just voting me down for the sake of it, come on LP you have debated loads with me on here, you must have noticed it yourself ?

LordDowlais

Back to top Go down

Post by Luckless Pedestrian Thu 26 Jan 2017, 4:46 pm

My guess is that someone's voting your posts down because you react to it.

Luckless Pedestrian

Back to top Go down

Post by LordDowlais Thu 26 Jan 2017, 4:48 pm

Er....

If I could vote this down I would, as you have misquoted me by taking part of my post to make it look like I am contradicting myself. Come on LP, give me a break here. You could at least stop looking for the negatives in my posts, especially when they are not there.

LordDowlais

Back to top Go down

Post by LordDowlais Thu 26 Jan 2017, 4:49 pm

Luckless Pedestrian wrote:My guess is that someone's voting your posts down because you react to it.

You do not reckon it's a certain member ?

LordDowlais

Back to top Go down

Post by Luckless Pedestrian Thu 26 Jan 2017, 4:49 pm

LordDowlais wrote:

Er....

If I could vote this down I would, as you have misquoted me by taking part of my post to make it look like I am contradicting myself. Come on LP, give me a break here. You could at least stop looking for the negatives in my posts, especially when they are not there.

That was me playing silly buggers Wink

Luckless Pedestrian

Back to top Go down

Post by Luckless Pedestrian Thu 26 Jan 2017, 4:51 pm

LordDowlais wrote:
Luckless Pedestrian wrote:My guess is that someone's voting your posts down because you react to it.

It might be one person, it might be more than one, I don't know. But don't give them what they want by reacting every time you're voted down. It's not that important.

Luckless Pedestrian

Back to top Go down

Post by LordDowlais Thu 26 Jan 2017, 4:51 pm

LordDowlais wrote:

Er....

That was me playing silly buggers Wink

You need to add your smileys then. Very Happy

LordDowlais

Back to top Go down

Post by LordDowlais Thu 26 Jan 2017, 4:52 pm

LordDowlais wrote:

It might be one person, it might be more than one, I don't know. But don't give them what they want by reacting every time you're voted down. It's not that important.

Yes, you are right, it's not that important, yet it is very annoying when you do not have the option to do it back. OK

LordDowlais

Back to top Go down

Post by Luckless Pedestrian Thu 26 Jan 2017, 4:53 pm

It's daft that some can do it and some can't.

Luckless Pedestrian

Back to top Go down

Post by LordDowlais Thu 26 Jan 2017, 4:55 pm

Luckless Pedestrian wrote:It's daft that some can do it and some can't.

Apparently all I need is 41 greens and I'm good to go. Trouble is I was on a minus before I knew anything about this system.mad

LordDowlais

Back to top Go down

Post by BamBam Thu 26 Jan 2017, 5:07 pm

Do you honestly care

BamBam

Back to top Go down

Post by LordDowlais Thu 26 Jan 2017, 5:09 pm

BamBam wrote:Do you honestly care

Nah, not really. OK

LordDowlais

Back to top Go down

Post by RiscaGame Thu 26 Jan 2017, 5:14 pm

True Raven wrote:
RiscaGame wrote:I don't know if he will play a lot if you and others rate Phil Jones, but I rate Arwel Robson the NGD ten pretty highly. It's a shame he won't get a look in with the Dragons seniors, due to the two Mini Kingsleys being preferred ahead of him but myself and other Dragons fans I've seen would prefer that not to be the case (certainly in the case of GR Jones).

I'd imagine Arwel will be the starting 10 against Italy due to experience, as both Phil and Ben Jones have just come up from the under 18s.  I have heard about him though, but never seen him play so will keep an eye out

I've only seen him play for the PS. I assume most people who talk him up would be Newport fans or maybe just people who would prefer anybody but Kingsley Jrs

RiscaGame

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down