The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Canelo-Jacobs - predictions.

4 posters

Go down

Canelo-Jacobs - predictions. Empty Canelo-Jacobs - predictions.

Post by Mr Bounce Fri 03 May 2019, 5:43 pm

I have a pretty obvious prediction for tomorrow's big fight: Canelo will win. However, he's going to win by being outboxed at range by Jacobs for long periods of the fight. It will be a unanimous decision for Canelo. Why? The same 3 judges that were in charge of his second fight against GGG are also officiating this fight. Whilst the first fight was the far more controversial of the two, you still could have seen it either way.

I don't think there's any chance that Jacobs wins, unless he utterly poleaxes Canelo. It's the same thing every time for Oscar and his Ginger muffin. Load the fight so there's only one way the opponent can win, and with Canelo's chin it's unlikely that it will happen.

Don't get me wrong, Canelo's good, but the way his team do things is one of the things that really sticks in the throat about boxing. This fight is loaded, and not in favour of Jacobs.

Mr Bounce

Back to top Go down

Canelo-Jacobs - predictions. Empty Re: Canelo-Jacobs - predictions.

Post by Nathaniel Jacobs Fri 03 May 2019, 8:52 pm

Danny Jacobs is a massive middleweight almost like a light heavyweight boiling down to 160. Oscar and Canelo ensured that Jacobs had to agree to a 10lbs re-hydration limit(something GGG never asked for against Jacobs).

Unless Jacobs gets the KO he’s not getting a decision. GGG and Lara where both robbed. So Jacobs will likely get the same treatment

Nathaniel Jacobs

Back to top Go down

Post by No name Bertie Sat 04 May 2019, 11:24 am

It is amazing to think that Canelo is still only 28, with 54 professional fights and 387 rounds of boxing.
Daniel Jacobs says he is in his prime and is 32.
GGG is 37.
No name Bertie
No name Bertie

Back to top Go down

Post by Nathaniel Jacobs Sat 04 May 2019, 1:16 pm

Jacobs missed a big portion of his career due to bone cancer, so he despite being 32 he’s not as shopworn

Nathaniel Jacobs

Back to top Go down

Post by The Beast Sat 04 May 2019, 8:39 pm

Great fight, I'd give Canelo the edge anywhere but like you guys have said, Las Vegas, Cinco De Mayo weekend, same judges, Jacobs might have to knock him out to get a draw. Stranger things have happened but for my money if there is a stoppage it is much more likely to be for Canelo.

Despite this I still see it as an excellent match and look forward to seeing it. Whatever happens hopefully this will be the start of some kind of unofficial mini tournament/round robin with these two + Andrade & GGG, fanciful perhaps but they all fight on the same TV network.

The Beast

Back to top Go down

Post by Nathaniel Jacobs Sun 05 May 2019, 12:02 am

Danny Jacobs failed to adhere to the Oscar/Alvarez no more than 10lbs gained post weigh and secondary weigh in on fight morning. Jacobs weighed in at 173.6lbs.

Jacobs has been penalised $250,000 per pound, so $900,000 gone from his purse.

Nathaniel Jacobs

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down