The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

+18
BlueCoverman
incontinentia
Mind the windows Tino.
JuliusHMarx
Duty281
pedro
Galted
I'm never wrong
Soul Requiem
JAS
Shotrock
McLaren
Pal Joey
super_realist
George1507
dynamark
TM2K
beninho
22 posters

Page 5 of 20 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 12 ... 20  Next

Go down

Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread - Page 5 Empty Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

Post by beninho Sun 13 Feb 2022, 6:31 pm

First topic message reminder :

It does seem that this cat video is pretty old. But, also oeople seem more upset about it then say, Chelsea having a player who killed someone when he was drink driving.

We are a nation of animal lovers, my mum was all in on Romanian rescue dogs, not so keen on Romanian people.

beninho

Back to top Go down

Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread - Page 5 Empty Re: Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

Post by JuliusHMarx Tue 01 Mar 2022, 9:14 am

Before Christian Eriksen had his heart attack I didn't care about him at all. Then when I saw it happening I was very concerned for his welfare.
Now I don't really think about him at all again.
God, I'm such an insincere hypocrite.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread - Page 5 Empty Re: Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

Post by beninho Tue 01 Mar 2022, 9:18 am

JuliusHMarx wrote:Before Christian Eriksen had his heart attack I didn't care about him at all. Then when I saw it happening I was very concerned for his welfare.
Now I don't really think about him at all again.
God, I'm such an insincere hypocrite.

But did you show the same concern for every person who has had a heart attack, if you didn't you shouldn't have shown any concern for Eriksen

Last edited by beninho on Tue 01 Mar 2022, 9:20 am; edited 1 time in total

beninho

Back to top Go down

Post by beninho Tue 01 Mar 2022, 9:20 am

super_realist wrote:Wjy don't you go and read the official JCVI statement on the government website dated 16/2/2022?

As for Ukraine, I just walked past the Russian consualte and the virtue signalling platitudes in chalk on the ground is embarrassing. They can't even draw the Ukraine flag correctly. Thats why I doubt sincerity of some of these people who like to "protest" visually, Its just all so trite and cliched.

Virtue signalling! Drink!! Have we had woke yet?

beninho

Back to top Go down

Post by beninho Tue 01 Mar 2022, 9:21 am

super_realist wrote:Well, if theyve changed their mind, im happy to be corrected.

But you still think its unnecessary?

beninho

Back to top Go down

Post by Soul Requiem Tue 01 Mar 2022, 9:28 am

super_realist wrote:Well, if theyve changed their mind, im happy to be corrected.

Did you not think about checking what their current advice was before posting?

Soul Requiem

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Tue 01 Mar 2022, 9:54 am

I see the Daily Mail front page is boasting of the generosity of its readers - raising £1.2 million for its Ukraine appeal. Don't you just hate those virtue signalling, woke Daily Mail readers?

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by beninho Tue 01 Mar 2022, 10:06 am

JuliusHMarx wrote:I see the Daily Mail front page is boasting of the generosity of its readers - raising £1.2 million for its Ukraine appeal. Don't you just hate those virtue signalling, woke Daily Mail readers?

It sickens me. They didn't raise anything for the Chechnya battles

beninho

Back to top Go down

Post by dynamark Tue 01 Mar 2022, 12:30 pm

You gotta love Diane Abbott she just said 'russian forces entering Croatia' on Politics live .
Incredible !!! This is why labour has big issues

dynamark

Back to top Go down

Post by McLaren Tue 01 Mar 2022, 1:00 pm

Super, funny how you didn't post after this. I guess you weren't that happy to be corrected?

On the compassion thing, I think something that would change your mind on it would be to understand how easily some people can feel compassion. I think you view it as some massive emotional and intellectual exercise to work out whether or not you should be showing it. For some people it just comes quite naturally.
McLaren
McLaren

Back to top Go down

Post by JAS Tue 01 Mar 2022, 7:03 pm

Soul Requiem wrote:

Did you not think about checking what their current advice was before posting?

Oh good heavens no, why would Supes do that when he knows better.

I think I can see what the issue is here…through the prism of individualism Supers point appears valid. Why subject a child to a vaccine he/she might not need?? But of course scientists in the Jcvi would view it through the prism of what’s best for society as a whole after giving due consideration to all balanced risks.
One child may not have any clinically vulnerable family members, however, schools are and always have been effectively little superspreader hubs so there IS a high risk of spread to other pupils/teachers and therefore a higher risk of a connected network to a much higher count of clinically vulnerable. In the dying embers of Omicron you might think that doesn’t matter and in a sense it doesn’t Omicron has actually done a great job on significantly boosting HI however Other strains aren’t gone completely and new ones can still emerge. Scientists will almost always put a lot more risk based thinking and caution into these dilemmas than your average “let’s get back to normal I’m fed up with this” punter.

JAS

Back to top Go down

Post by JAS Tue 01 Mar 2022, 7:14 pm

Has anyone on here ever read the book the Chimp Paradox?

JAS

Back to top Go down

Post by dynamark Wed 02 Mar 2022, 8:02 am

If that is a serious question the answer is no.Just had a clear out as moving house and came across a couple of old classics ' ascent of man' and 'cosmos'

dynamark

Back to top Go down

Post by incontinentia Wed 02 Mar 2022, 9:03 am

JAS wrote:Has anyone on here ever read the book the Chimp Paradox?
Don't know
incontinentia
incontinentia

Back to top Go down

Post by JAS Wed 02 Mar 2022, 9:22 am

incontinentia wrote:
Don't know

I’m finding it a fascinating read Inco, started reading it on holiday last week. It’s a self improvement book that a lot of successful sports people have raved about. The main proposition is that we all have a human brain and a chimp brain, the human brain is logical, methodical and uses facts whilst the chimp brain is emotional and driven by needs. It’s all about knowing and understanding which one is in charge at any one time. Generally speaking most bad decisions, tricky situations and failures come from your inner chimp being in control and running amok.

JAS

Back to top Go down

Post by incontinentia Wed 02 Mar 2022, 9:43 am

JAS wrote:
incontinentia wrote:
Don't know

I’m finding it a fascinating read Inco, started reading it on holiday last week. It’s a self improvement book that a lot of successful sports people have raved about. The main proposition is that we all have a human brain and a chimp brain, the human brain is logical, methodical and uses facts whilst the chimp brain is emotional and driven by needs. It’s all about knowing and understanding which one is in charge at any one time. Generally speaking most bad decisions, tricky situations and failures come from your inner chimp being in control and running amok.
That does sound very interesting. I'm sure most of us can identify with the Chimp brain taking over on the golf course after a bad shot. I'm sure the Chimp brain is also responsible for most violent crimes.

Does the author prescribe any ways of controlling the negative Chimp reactions?
incontinentia
incontinentia

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Wed 02 Mar 2022, 9:44 am

Now I know why I eat lots of bananas.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Wed 02 Mar 2022, 10:06 am

JuliusHMarx wrote:Now I know why I eat lots of bananas.

Also explains why my family and I hunt colobus monkeys.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by incontinentia Wed 02 Mar 2022, 10:14 am

I have got criticism in the past for jumping around maniacally and throwing faeces at people. Has anyone ever used the Chimp defence in court?
incontinentia
incontinentia

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Wed 02 Mar 2022, 10:18 am

Galted wrote:

Also explains why my family and I hunt colobus monkeys.

I used to have a colobus monkey. I called him Christopher.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by dynamark Wed 02 Mar 2022, 11:42 am

Is this by the sports guy who helps Ronnie OSullivan realise that he is actually a reasonably good snookerist ? All a bit mumbo jumbo for me but if it helps folk fair enough

dynamark

Back to top Go down

Post by JAS Wed 02 Mar 2022, 12:32 pm

dynamark wrote:Is this by the sports guy who helps Ronnie OSullivan realise that he is actually  a reasonably good snookerist  ?  All a bit mumbo jumbo for me but if it helps folk fair enough

That be the one yes, O’ Sullivan, Chris Hoy, Steven Gerrard all swear by being helped by the programme.

JAS

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Wed 02 Mar 2022, 12:43 pm

JAS wrote:
dynamark wrote:Is this by the sports guy who helps Ronnie OSullivan realise that he is actually  a reasonably good snookerist  ?  All a bit mumbo jumbo for me but if it helps folk fair enough

That be the one yes, O’ Sullivan, Chris Hoy, Steven Gerrard all swear by being helped by the programme.

Didn't do much for Cheeta.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by superflyweight Wed 02 Mar 2022, 12:57 pm

dynamark wrote:You gotta love Diane Abbott she just said 'russian forces entering Croatia' on Politics live .
Incredible !!!  This is why labour has big issues

Not really.  She made a slip of the tongue and she has f**k all to do with the leadership of the Labour Party.  It's like saying the Conservatives have big issues because Fabricant rides about naked on a bike wearing a stupid wig.

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

Post by incontinentia Wed 02 Mar 2022, 2:11 pm

superflyweight wrote:
dynamark wrote:You gotta love Diane Abbott she just said 'russian forces entering Croatia' on Politics live .

Not really.  She made a slip of the tongue and she has f**k all to do with the leadership of the Labour Party.  It's like saying the Conservatives have big issues because Fabricant rides about naked on a bike wearing a stupid wig.
What sort of wig?
incontinentia
incontinentia

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Wed 02 Mar 2022, 2:46 pm

incontinentia wrote:
superflyweight wrote:

What sort of wig?

Pitt the Elder.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Location : Your knuckles whiten on the wheel. The last thing that Julius will feel, your final flight can't be delayed. No earth just sky it's so serene, your pink fat lips let go a scream. You fry and melt, I love the scene.

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Wed 02 Mar 2022, 2:49 pm

Mind the windows Tino. wrote:
incontinentia wrote:
superflyweight wrote:

What sort of wig?

Pitt the Elder.

Bravo, Sir.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by McLaren Wed 02 Mar 2022, 3:11 pm

superflyweight wrote:

And at least Abbott didn't make the Russians consider nuking us.
McLaren
McLaren

Back to top Go down

Post by dynamark Wed 02 Mar 2022, 5:29 pm

A slip of the tongue -only about 1000 miles out- but she was on national TV as a labour rep and seems to have forgotten where the war actually is . Good job she is not sending out missiles.Oh sorry I meant -----

dynamark

Back to top Go down

Post by beninho Wed 02 Mar 2022, 6:33 pm

Dianne Abbot making a minor mistake is a lot more palatable then what this Tory Mp said about helping Ukrainians leave a war zone.

https://twitter.com/PoliticsJOE_UK/status/1498697473216421893?t=ZlOya6h79kHEWCqIOhvAbg&s=19

This is why people don't like the tory Party but also the very reason some do. My view is its a lot worse then Abbotts slip up.

beninho

Back to top Go down

Post by dynamark Wed 02 Mar 2022, 8:15 pm

Ben I watched PMquestions today and his word for word was not that bad just stating the obvious but he did not get support from his side.Lincolnshire/East of england is a magnet for immigration with work in farming and food production.
I dread the likes of abbot anywhere near running the show its hardly a slip of the tongue is it -other than that she was quite reasonable on the programme

dynamark

Back to top Go down

Post by superflyweight Thu 03 Mar 2022, 10:52 am

dynamark wrote:Ben I watched PMquestions today and his word for word was not that bad just stating the obvious but he did not get support from his side.Lincolnshire/East of england is a magnet for immigration with work in farming and food production.
I dread the likes of abbot anywhere near running the show its hardly a slip of the tongue is it -other than that she was quite reasonable on the programme

Was Abbott's mistake more or less worse than when Raab (an actual Government minister) seemed surprised that Britain was reliant on the Dover - Calais crossing to receive imported goods?  Was it more or less worse than the time a couple of days ago when Raab (and it's worth repeating, an actual Government minister) said he couldn't comment on a hypothetical situation in response to a question posed to him about an actual real-life ongoing situation?  

Abbot wasn't representing the Labour party.  She was representing herself and she won't have been there at the behest of the leadership or to represent them.  She gets booked to appear on TV because she'll go on anything and can be relied on to say something that will generate social media clicks.  It's why the media will also book people like Fabricant and Francois.

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

Post by JAS Thu 03 Mar 2022, 3:48 pm

dynamark wrote:Ben I watched PMquestions today and his word for word was not that bad just stating the obvious but he did not get support from his side.Lincolnshire/East of england is a magnet for immigration with work in farming and food production.

At the end of the day Dyna, Abbot is now very much on the fringes of the PLP with very little influence/impact on the leadership. I did say at the time when she was in a more prominent Shadow cabinet position that she was a liability on the front bench. I also balanced it though by saying basically given the size of her constituency majority over a substantial number of elections she cannot be judged as anything else but a very effective constituency MP

JAS

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Thu 03 Mar 2022, 4:09 pm

dynamark wrote:A slip of the tongue -only about 1000 miles out-

Almost as stupid as someone getting confused over 'middle England' being an actual place.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Location : Your knuckles whiten on the wheel. The last thing that Julius will feel, your final flight can't be delayed. No earth just sky it's so serene, your pink fat lips let go a scream. You fry and melt, I love the scene.

superflyweight likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by beninho Thu 03 Mar 2022, 7:45 pm

How the frick does Gavin Williamson get a knighthood, I think that says more about the tory Party then Abbott getting a countries name wrong.

The guy was awful.

beninho

Back to top Go down

Post by JAS Fri 04 Mar 2022, 7:20 am

beninho wrote:How the frick does Gavin Williamson get a knighthood, I think that says more about the tory Party then Abbott getting a countries name wrong.

The guy was awful.

You won’t find ANYONE in education even Tory voting education professionals who would say he was anything better than awful and completely useless.
At the risk of sounding conspiratorial and conclusion jumping, one can only assume he knows where some of Johnson’s “bodies” are buried

JAS

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Fri 04 Mar 2022, 7:50 am

McLaren wrote:

Super, funny how you didn't post after this. I guess you weren't that happy to be corrected?

On the compassion thing, I think something that would change your mind on it would be to understand how easily some people can feel compassion. I think you view it as some massive emotional and intellectual exercise to work out whether or not you should be showing it. For some people it just comes quite naturally.

More than happy to be corrected, although the JCVI have changed their minds so often that it is hard to keep up with whatever they are calling "the science" today.

Regardless, the statement doesnt actually say that children NEED the vaccine, which was the crux of Olivers post.
Children are by and large unaffected by Covid and therefore really arent getting much if any benefit from a vaccine which makes the effect of a fairly innocuous version of a virus even more mild.

Are you really advocating that children ought to get a vaccine to protect a minority of people too stupid to get a vaccine for themselves? Isnt that back to front?
If you are one of the idiotic groups who wont take the vaccine, its not contingent on children to get a vaccine to help protect you.
I think that is the point that Oliver is alluding to. Children dont need the vaccine if this is why the JCVI seem to be saying it should be offered to them, its certainly not to protect healthy children from something akin to a cold for them.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Fri 04 Mar 2022, 7:51 am

JAS wrote:
beninho wrote:How the frick does Gavin Williamson get a knighthood, I think that says more about the tory Party then Abbott getting a countries name wrong.

The guy was awful.

You won’t find ANYONE in education even Tory voting education professionals who would say he was anything better than awful and completely useless.
At the risk of sounding conspiratorial and conclusion jumping, one can only assume he knows where some of Johnson’s “bodies” are buried

I would love to have seen that plank Burcow's face when it was announced.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by beninho Fri 04 Mar 2022, 11:26 am

My kids, through school and the doctors get offered flu jabs every year. I don't think I've had an issue with getting it done. It's again, done in part to protect and not spread it round to more vulnerable people.

I've not seen people raging against the flu jab in kids?

beninho

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Fri 04 Mar 2022, 11:41 am

beninho wrote:My kids, through school and the doctors get offered flu jabs every year.  I don't think I've had an issue with getting it done. It's again, done in part to protect and not spread it round to more vulnerable people.

I dont think they do, but like Covid jabs, kids dont need them.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by beninho Fri 04 Mar 2022, 11:54 am

It's recommended to kids though to protect them and other vulnerable people.

https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/vaccinations/child-flu-vaccine/

Surely protecting people is good?

beninho

Back to top Go down

Post by Soul Requiem Fri 04 Mar 2022, 12:02 pm

super_realist wrote:
beninho wrote:My kids, through school and the doctors get offered flu jabs every year.  I don't think I've had an issue with getting it done. It's again, done in part to protect and not spread it round to more vulnerable people.

You're still having difficulty understanding why children are advised to get jabbed I see.

Soul Requiem

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Fri 04 Mar 2022, 12:02 pm

The key word was NEED.

I dont think kids have a requirement or obligation to protect people who havent had the vaccine. If they havent had 3 jabs, that's their problem, no one owes them special treatment.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Fri 04 Mar 2022, 12:04 pm

Soul Requiem wrote:
super_realist wrote:

You're still having difficulty understanding why children are advised to get jabbed I see.

That wasnt my argument. The objection that Beninho had to Neil Oliver was that he allegedly said "kids dont need the vaccine" and so far no one has provided any evidence that they do need it, obly that it could be OFFERED as part of a potential spread strategy.

Do you think kids NEED the vacccine?

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by Soul Requiem Fri 04 Mar 2022, 12:05 pm

super_realist wrote:The key word was NEED.

I dont think kids have a requirement or obligation to protect people who havent had the vaccine. If they havent had 3 jabs, that's their  problem, no one owes them special treatment.

It has nothing to do with people who haven't had the vaccine, it however has everything to do with vulnerable who have.

Soul Requiem

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Fri 04 Mar 2022, 12:09 pm

Soul Requiem wrote:
super_realist wrote:The key word was NEED.

I dont think kids have a requirement or obligation to protect people who havent had the vaccine. If they havent had 3 jabs, that's their  problem, no one owes them special treatment.

It has nothing to do with people who haven't had the vaccine, it however has everything to do with vulnerable who have.

Who have HAD the vaccine. Its already accepted that children in contact with vulnerable people should consider having it, but that doesnt mean there's a decent reaaon for a healthy child who isnt in contact with such people. Besides Omicron has been so infectious that we saw the highest infection rates of the whole pandemic during it. So even with such a high % of people being vaccinated it STILL spread.

As for flu vaccines, since its been tracked it only has an efficacy between 10-60% depending on how well theyve done a job of predicting the predominant variant.

Last edited by super_realist on Fri 04 Mar 2022, 12:12 pm; edited 1 time in total

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by beninho Fri 04 Mar 2022, 12:11 pm

Why don't kids need to have a yearly flu spray, or a covid jab?

beninho

Back to top Go down

Post by Soul Requiem Fri 04 Mar 2022, 12:13 pm

Not how it works though is it, you don't have to be in direct contact with a vulnerable person to increase their risk of getting covid. It's a chain reaction and if you break a couple of those chains then the vulnerable are suddenly at less risk.

Soul Requiem

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Fri 04 Mar 2022, 12:16 pm

beninho wrote:Why don't kids need to have a yearly flu spray, or a covid jab?

In terms of Covid, they dont need a vaccine because as children simply arent affected by it to any serious degree.

The only reason you might be able to make is that they have underlying health issues, are obese or live with or are in contact with vulnerable people, but for healthy children, they don't "need" a covid jab for their own health.

Not sure what the data says about flu, but respiratory illnesses generally arent a concern for them.

Do you think a child NEEDS to be vaccinated?

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Fri 04 Mar 2022, 12:19 pm

Soul Requiem wrote:Not how it works though is it, you don't have to be in direct contact with a vulnerable person to increase their risk of getting covid. It's a chain reaction and if you break a couple of those chains then the vulnerable are suddenly at less risk.

Really, what data have you got for people transmitting covid to people they arent in contact with?
If youre in the vulnerable group, perhaps take precautions to mitigate your risk better

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by Soul Requiem Fri 04 Mar 2022, 12:21 pm

super_realist wrote:
Soul Requiem wrote:Not how it works though is it, you don't have to be in direct contact with a vulnerable person to increase their risk of getting covid. It's a chain reaction and if you break a couple of those chains then the vulnerable are suddenly at less risk.

Really, what data have you got for people transmitting covid to people they arent in contact with?
If youre in the vulnerable group, perhaps take precautions to mitigate your risk better

Do you really not understand how it works?

Or perhaps everyone should take precautions to mitigate the risk of everyone else. I appreciate you're of a selfish disposition but that's on you.

Soul Requiem

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 20 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 12 ... 20  Next