The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

England - the build-up and winning the World Cup at a canter

+47
dummy_half
andyi
nlpnlp
Engine#4
tigertattie
Kingshu
Dollar Bill
eirebilly_01
Pete330v2
TheMildlyFranticLlama
Unclear
jimbopip
broadlandboy
WELL-PAST-IT
TAFKA The Oracle
demosthenes
Mcsweens
Barney McGrew did it
Mr Bounce
Recwatcher16
Scottrf
sensisball
Collapse2005
Heaf
Margin_Walker
BigGee
Cumbrian
Rugby Fan
lostinwales
Yoda
hugehandoff
yappysnap
Sharkey06
RiscaGame
Big
carpet baboon
Luckless Pedestrian
Poorfour
Geordie
TJ
king_carlos
formerly known as Sam
mikey_dragon
mountain man
doctor_grey
No 7&1/2
Sgt_Pooly
51 posters

Page 11 of 20 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 15 ... 20  Next

Go down

England - the build-up and winning the World Cup at a canter - Page 11 Empty England - the build-up and winning the World Cup at a canter

Post by Sgt_Pooly Wed 09 Aug 2023, 5:05 am

First topic message reminder :

Here we go again.....

Sgt_Pooly

Back to top Go down

England - the build-up and winning the World Cup at a canter - Page 11 Empty Re: England - the build-up and winning the World Cup at a canter

Post by Sgt_Pooly Wed 16 Aug 2023, 11:03 am

Collapse2005 wrote:
mountain man wrote:I wonder if Farrell starts on Saturday.
If he's in team I think the odd boo might be heard whenever he touches ball....

Im sure he will be, I hope some of the Ireland players have a bit of fun with it. The odd "wasnt expecting to see you" or "can you recommend a good lawyer" sort of comment.

Good chance if he is picked he will get a yellow or red again so I dont really care if he does play.

Having the red card rescinded means he's had 2 yellow cards in 91 tests......That would indicate there is a not a good chance actually.......2.1% to be precise.

Sgt_Pooly

Geordie likes this post

Back to top Go down

England - the build-up and winning the World Cup at a canter - Page 11 Empty Re: England - the build-up and winning the World Cup at a canter

Post by No 7&1/2 Wed 16 Aug 2023, 11:26 am

I've read quite a few SAs in the past day harking back to the 10 year old tackle which shows how the memory can play tricks. The furore on that was a 'no arms' tackle that the ref felt was attempted and thus no pen, and it's morphed into he avoided a red on that day.

No 7&1/2

Back to top Go down

Post by Luckless Pedestrian Wed 16 Aug 2023, 11:44 am

mountain man wrote:Will Greenwood has an interesting take on it and a sensible one. Basically he thinks it's red.

Hard to argue with no wrap, his arm was by side how that isn't a shoulder charge. Even if Jamie George altered Bashem movement it doesn't account for that.

Don't suppose we've heard last of this.

This is the crux of it for me. It's not a tackle! You can't stop a player by just turning your shoulder into them. Farrell has so much previous for this, doesn't that count for anything at all?

Luckless Pedestrian

Back to top Go down

Post by No 7&1/2 Wed 16 Aug 2023, 12:08 pm

Luckless Pedestrian wrote:
mountain man wrote:Will Greenwood has an interesting take on it and a sensible one. Basically he thinks it's red.

Hard to argue with no wrap, his arm was by side how that isn't a shoulder charge. Even if Jamie George altered Bashem movement it doesn't account for that.

Don't suppose we've heard last of this.

This is the crux of it for me. It's not a tackle! You can't stop a player by just turning your shoulder into them. Farrell has so much previous for this, doesn't that count for anything at all?

No. Why would it. You can't make a judgement om an incident by considering other times he may have broken a rule.

No 7&1/2

Back to top Go down

Post by Collapse2005 Wed 16 Aug 2023, 12:19 pm

Sgt_Pooly wrote:
Collapse2005 wrote:

Im sure he will be, I hope some of the Ireland players have a bit of fun with it. The odd "wasnt expecting to see you" or "can you recommend a good lawyer" sort of comment.

Good chance if he is picked he will get a yellow or red again so I dont really care if he does play.

Having the red card rescinded means he's had 2 yellow cards in 91 tests......That would indicate there is a not a good chance actually.......2.1% to be precise.  

Sure but I think most people would agree that he has got a way with a few and the offences he has been sanctioned for have been more recent given the changing landscape of the game. As such your maths doesn't factor in the changes to the game and the fact that he is most certainly under the spot light now. Above all the main reason I think he will do it again is that he cant help himself, its instinctive for him to tackle like that. If it wasnt why on earth would you risk getting a red card in a completely meaningless warm up game v Wales?

Collapse2005

Back to top Go down

Post by Sharkey06 Wed 16 Aug 2023, 4:20 pm

Can someone explain why an independent all Australian panel would set themselves up for heaps of abuse from fans, media, etc, by 'letting off' the England captain - someone their country is quite likely to face in the QF of the world cup?  I can't see any motive other than the fact, they felt the red card was unfair.

Sharkey06

Geordie and formerly known as Sam like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by formerly known as Sam Wed 16 Aug 2023, 4:31 pm

Sharkey06 wrote:Can someone explain why an independent all Australian panel would set themselves up for heaps of abuse from fans, media, etc, by 'letting off' the England captain - someone their country is quite likely to face in the QF of the world cup?  I can't see any motive other than the fact, they felt the red card was unfair.

Yeah we can disagree with their findings but the conspiracy theory thing probably isn't the strongest under scrutiny.

formerly known as Sam

Back to top Go down

Post by No 7&1/2 Wed 16 Aug 2023, 4:42 pm

Sharkey06 wrote:Can someone explain why an independent all Australian panel would set themselves up for heaps of abuse from fans, media, etc, by 'letting off' the England captain - someone their country is quite likely to face in the QF of the world cup?  I can't see any motive other than the fact, they felt the red card was unfair.

The issue with lack of consistent view in application of laws. I've watched a few aus club games and am regularly amazed at their application and commentary.

No 7&1/2

Back to top Go down

Post by doctor_grey Wed 16 Aug 2023, 5:43 pm

I was just wondering the same thing as I was going back to see earlier posts.  Phrasing it somewhat different, however:

Does Borthwick have the cojones to play Farrell in Dublin?  Or even bring him to Dublin?

I think the boo birds will be out in force from the moment Farrell would appear in warm-ups through the anthems, and then whenever he sets foot on the pitch or is shown on the big screen.  And some of the bile will inevitably be directed at the England squad too.  Would that really be something we want?  Is that in the best interest of the sport?  

Mate, you said earlier that Farrell should not take the abuse for getting off, which should properly be directed at World Rugby.  I agree, but I think the crowds in the stadiums will still vent their spleens at Farrell regardless, which could potentially create a dangerous situation.  

I think if Borthwick really thinks this through, he leaves Farrell at home for the Ireland match.  And then tries to figure out a damage limitation strategy.  This will follow Farrell and England through England's RWC matches.

doctor_grey

Back to top Go down

Post by No 7&1/2 Wed 16 Aug 2023, 6:07 pm

Murray Kinsella understands that wr appealing the decision. So he will be banned for at least the group now I'd imagine.

No 7&1/2

Back to top Go down

Post by mountain man Wed 16 Aug 2023, 6:10 pm

I agree I think be best to leave Farrell out of 23 but I suspect Borthwick and Farrell be thinking as red was over turned he's basically been found not guilty so why shouldn't he play.

Be interesting to see what happens. I hope Ford starts with Smith on bench.

mountain man

Back to top Go down

Post by Rugby Fan Wed 16 Aug 2023, 8:35 pm

No 7&1/2 wrote:Murray Kinsella understands that wr appealing the decision. So he will be banned for at least the group now I'd imagine.
It depends what basis there is for the appeal.

On the 2013 Lions tour, the Australian captain, James Horwill, was cited for stamping. He was cleared, to the disbelief of many. World Rugby appealed the decision but the decision stood. It turns out that a World Rugby appeal doesn't relitigate the original offence. Instead, it looks only at whether the disciplinary panel followed due process in reaching it's decision.

If that's how it works in this case, then, if the panel ticked all the right boxes, then the ruling will stand, no matter how outrageous it seems.

Rugby Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by lostinwales Thu 17 Aug 2023, 1:20 am

doctor_grey wrote:
No 7&1/2 wrote:
Geordie wrote:Move on next....

I mean it's an almighty co## up, no ones moving on until WR make a comment at least. And then the second that the next high shot comes in it's back on the agenda.
I agree with you - no matter what happens I think this will follow England through their World Cup.  World Rugby has to try to get closure with this, but I don't think they are able now.  So many people have seen the incident and think it is a red, as I do.   I also think this might become bigger than Farrell.  

Shame because no one wants to see Basham hurt and because a smooth and entertaining World Cup is what Rugby needs.   Would like to move past this, it's just I doubt we will be able to.      

If that is what they wanted and they had influence then surely Farrell would have got banned?

lostinwales
lostinwales
lostinwales

doctor_grey likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Collapse2005 Thu 17 Aug 2023, 8:06 am

Well apparently Borthwick has decided that it is best to leave Farrell out of the side v Ireland in Dublin. Ford to start at 10 and Lawes to captain. Maybe a wise move given all the noise.

Collapse2005

lostinwales likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by WELL-PAST-IT Thu 17 Aug 2023, 8:21 am

Rugby Fan wrote:
No 7&1/2 wrote:Murray Kinsella understands that wr appealing the decision. So he will be banned for at least the group now I'd imagine.
It depends what basis there is for the appeal.

On the 2013 Lions tour, the Australian captain, James Horwill, was cited for stamping. He was cleared, to the disbelief of many. World Rugby appealed the decision but the decision stood. It turns out that a World Rugby appeal doesn't relitigate the original offence. Instead, it looks only at whether the disciplinary panel followed due process in reaching it's decision.

If that's how it works in this case, then, if the panel ticked all the right boxes, then the ruling will stand, no matter how outrageous it seems.

I was thinking along similar lines; what basis do WR have to question a decision by an independent (and in this case usually hostile) panel that have gone through all the correct motions in reviewing the matter and come to a decision. What if someone is found guilty and banned by a panel, but the world and his dog all think the opposite, will that be appealed? They might no like the decision, but to start appealing decisions because you don't like them, is opening up a Pandora's box to question every decision. The only thing they can do is to check the correct process was followed as with Horwill, if it was, the decision has to stand, like it or not.
WELL-PAST-IT
WELL-PAST-IT

Back to top Go down

Post by mountain man Thu 17 Aug 2023, 8:49 am

Collapse2005 wrote:Well apparently Borthwick has decided that it is best to leave Farrell out of the side v Ireland in Dublin. Ford to start at 10 and Lawes to captain. Maybe a wise move given all the noise.

Yep makes sense. I'm slightly surprised though but absolutely right call and I'm glad we get to see Ford at 10 and without Farrell at 12.

mountain man

Back to top Go down

Post by Rugby Fan Thu 17 Aug 2023, 9:04 am

A lot of professional pundits are talking as if a World Rugby appeal just starts the disciplinary process against Farrell from scratch. Maybe they all know how the process works and are right. More likely, though, they are shooting from the hip based on a general understanding of the word "appeal", which is the same mistake they made in 2013.

Just for reference, here are a couple of links to the Horwill case (when World Rugby was still the IRB)

https://www.reuters.com/article/uk-rugby-lions-australia-horwill-idUKBRE95Q0HA20130627

“The International Rugby Board has confirmed to the Australian Rugby Union that it will appeal the James Horwill disciplinary decision following an extensive review of the case,” the governing body said in a statement on Thursday.

“... given its duty to preserve player welfare at all levels of the game, the IRB is compelled to further examine potential acts of foul play which either potentially or in reality impact on the preservation of player welfare.

“It is important for the IRB to ensure amongst all stakeholders in the game that there is full confidence that priority is given to player welfare and the values of the game.”

The appeal was then dismissed.

https://www.skysports.com/rugby-union/news/16057/8801632/australia-skipper-james-horwill-cleared-of-stamping-and-will-play-in-lions-test-decider

The International Rugby Board's appeal for his alleged stamp on Alun-Wyn Jones, overseen by independent appeal officer Graeme Mew, was not upheld, ensuring the original decision to exonerate Horwill stands.

"There was sufficient evidence upon which a reasonable judicial officer could have reached the decision that was made," Mew said.

"Accordingly it could not be said that the judicial officer was manifestly wrong or that the interests of justice otherwise required his decision be overturned."

This is the key point.

https://www.lawinsport.com/topics/item/mew-s-decides-to-dismiss-the-appeal-of-the-irb-horwill-cleared-to-play

As Graeme Mew explained in dismissing the appeal, the IRB would have had to establish that “there was some misapprehension of law or principle by the judicial officer or that his decision was so clearly wrong or manifestly unreasonable that no judicial officer could have reached the conclusion that he did”.  The IRB did not establish either and Mr Mew held that there was “sufficient evidence upon which a reasonable judicial officer could have reached the conclusion that he did”.

Mr Mew also said that the IRB had been right to appeal in their role as promoters of player welfare and protectors of the image of the game, something the governing body said was a major reason for making the appeal.

If this is still the way an appeal works today (and we don't know if it is), then the argument won't be over whether Jamie George did have a material impact on Basham's trajectory. Instead, it will be over whether the panel had a reason to take that view, and whether the legal consequences on mitigation were properly assessed.

Rugby Fan

George Carlin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by No 7&1/2 Thu 17 Aug 2023, 9:37 am

So presumably they can relatively easily overturn it as they can simply say that due to the tucked arm no mitigation should have been applied.

No 7&1/2

Back to top Go down

Post by tigertattie Thu 17 Aug 2023, 11:45 am

formerly known as Sam wrote:

Yeah we can disagree with their findings but the conspiracy theory thing probably isn't the strongest under scrutiny.

Simple. They know Farrell makes England worse and Ford is a better 10 for England so they want Farrell there!
tigertattie
tigertattie

Back to top Go down

Post by WELL-PAST-IT Thu 17 Aug 2023, 11:49 am

England delaying the squad announcement until after the WR appeal. Now due at 16:00.
WELL-PAST-IT
WELL-PAST-IT

Back to top Go down

Post by king_carlos Thu 17 Aug 2023, 11:57 am

WELL-PAST-IT wrote:England delaying the squad announcement until after the WR appeal. Now due at 16:00.

Jesus, it's Thursday. I honestly would've guessed at Tuesday if someone had asked. It's been a such a s***e week or so anyway that I haven't even put myself through watching the weekends game yet.

king_carlos

Back to top Go down

Post by formerly known as Sam Thu 17 Aug 2023, 12:24 pm

And the appeal is in.

I'm guessing the team announcement was delayed so that this could be confirmed one way or the other beforehand.

formerly known as Sam

Back to top Go down

Post by Rugby Fan Thu 17 Aug 2023, 1:06 pm

BBC take on the upcoming appeal

"While World Rugby's intervention will be widely welcomed, there is no guarantee they will be successful.

It's understood World Rugby's case will hinge on whether Farrell's challenge was always "illegal" because of his tucked right arm. If that is the case he wouldn't be entitled to any mitigation, and a red card - and therefore a ban - would be the correct outcome.

However, they need strong enough evidence and a strong enough argument to overturn the panel's original verdict. But even if unsuccessful, the governing body feel they need to send a message supporting their officials as well as the Head Contact Process."

Rugby Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Thu 17 Aug 2023, 1:42 pm

I can understand the BBC stance and they may be right, one way or another hopefully it's sorted quickly. Also World Rugby have at least released the original judgement, something 6Ns wouldn't do, and some elements of their interpretation seem like they can reasonably be challenged to me. I'll leave it there with my thoughts though, as all we can really do is wait and see what the appeal panel say. If the appeal panel don't agree with WR, then I think WR might need to tighten the protocol a bit - but that's an argument for another day.

Big

Luckless Pedestrian and sensisball like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Geordie Thu 17 Aug 2023, 2:04 pm

have you seen the video that Ardie Savea has released....with Reiko Ioane...

Geordie

Back to top Go down

Post by No 7&1/2 Thu 17 Aug 2023, 2:20 pm

Completely unsurprising that wr have appealed. Should be a fairly simple conclusion and back to how long will he get. Seemed to me about mid level so 6 to 8 games I think.

No 7&1/2

Back to top Go down

Post by formerly known as Sam Thu 17 Aug 2023, 2:34 pm

Ireland: Keenan; Hansen, Ringrose, Aki, Lowe; Byrne, Gibson-Park; Porter, Sheehan, Furlong, Beirne, Ryan, O'Mahony, van der Flier, Prendergast.

Replacements: Herring, Loughman, Bealham, McCarthy, Doris, Murray, Crowley, Earls.

Strong Irish side. Could be a tough day at the office this one.

formerly known as Sam

Back to top Go down

Post by Collapse2005 Thu 17 Aug 2023, 2:45 pm

Prendergast is the only surprise but he is such a busy player Im sure he will be great.

England will target the scrums as they always do, look for pens to kick to the corner, there will be some "spiral bombs" and maybe even a few slick backs moves instigated by Ford.

Hopefully no red cards nor injuries for anyone.

Collapse2005

Back to top Go down

Post by No 7&1/2 Thu 17 Aug 2023, 2:55 pm

As long as we have the same level of attacking intent as we have had the past 2 weeks it'll be great. Hopefully we finish off some of these chances we've been creating.

No 7&1/2

hugehandoff likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Thu 17 Aug 2023, 4:11 pm

Teams up apparently...

Starting: Steward; Watson, Marchant, Tuilagi, Daly; Ford, Youngs; Genge, George, Stuart, Itoje, Ribbans, Lawes (capt), Earl, B Vunipola.

Replacements: Dan, Marler, Sinckler, Chessum, Willis, Care, Smith, Lawrence

Ireland are basically just better at the moment, but it looks a team that should (on paper at least) make a decent game of it.

Big

Back to top Go down

Post by lostinwales Thu 17 Aug 2023, 4:18 pm

Nice seeing Chessum back in the mix. Hope Arundell gets a start vs Fiji.

lostinwales
lostinwales
lostinwales

Back to top Go down

Post by carpet baboon Thu 17 Aug 2023, 4:20 pm

That's a good England team.

carpet baboon

Back to top Go down

Post by carpet baboon Thu 17 Aug 2023, 4:23 pm

I'm a big fan of Ribbans

carpet baboon

Back to top Go down

Post by mountain man Thu 17 Aug 2023, 4:28 pm

I'm disappointed Arundell not even on bench, he hardly got a pass last week.
Also Steward at 15 again. I'd like to try someone else for warm ups, we know he'll be FB for RWC so give someone else a run and see how it goes. Better attacking threats and injury cover.

mountain man

Back to top Go down

Post by formerly known as Sam Thu 17 Aug 2023, 4:32 pm

mountain man wrote:I'm disappointed Arundell not even on bench, he hardly got a pass last week.
Also Steward at 15 again. I'd like to try someone else for warm ups, we know he'll be FB for RWC so give someone else a run and see how it goes. Better attacking threats and injury cover.

Arundell did have treatment last weekend. Might be carrying a knock and they don't want to risk him.

I'd like to see an alternative 15 given a chance in the last game but understand wanting to give Steward some more exposure in this game. He's still young and improving.

formerly known as Sam

Back to top Go down

Post by Collapse2005 Thu 17 Aug 2023, 4:33 pm

carpet baboon wrote:
No 7&1/2 wrote:I missed that. Huge shoes for him to step into if that's the case, but SA attack has always been blistering and another voice in the brain trust can only be good.

Felix Jones is the only Irishman with a world cup winners medal (as far as I know)
Absolute fantastic signing. Would have loved him to come back to Ireland.

John Gallagher could be considered Irish. He won a world cup with NZ (1987) and has 1 cap with Ireland A

Collapse2005

Back to top Go down

Post by No 7&1/2 Thu 17 Aug 2023, 4:34 pm

Seems stupid that Farrell hasn't been selected.

No 7&1/2

Back to top Go down

Post by WELL-PAST-IT Thu 17 Aug 2023, 4:37 pm

I am disappointed that Mitchell is not on the bench, if we are going to go with 3 9s, he needs some game time to gel with the others. Apart from that I think it is a strong team, Sinckler doesn't seem to be getting much time he could be undercooked when we start the RWC proper.
WELL-PAST-IT
WELL-PAST-IT

Back to top Go down

Post by carpet baboon Thu 17 Aug 2023, 4:51 pm

mountain man wrote:I'm disappointed Arundell not even on bench, he hardly got a pass last week.

Ireland will target Steward so I can see Watson and Daly having a busy day

carpet baboon

Back to top Go down

Post by Poorfour Thu 17 Aug 2023, 5:18 pm

WELL-PAST-IT wrote:I am disappointed that Mitchell is not on the bench, if we are going to go with 3 9s, he needs some game time to gel with the others. Apart from that I think it is a strong team, Sinckler doesn't seem to be getting much time he could be undercooked when we start the RWC proper.

Mitchell's only had a week in camp, though, and Ireland away is probably not the best introduction. I'd expect him to feature against Fiji - but it's likely to be Youngs and Care for Argentina. I could see Mitchell being important against Japan, though - added pace could be very valuable.
Poorfour
Poorfour

Back to top Go down

Post by mountain man Thu 17 Aug 2023, 5:26 pm

Arundell did have treatment last weekend. Might be carrying a knock and they don't want to risk him.

I'd like to see an alternative 15 given a chance in the last game but understand wanting to give Steward some more exposure in this game. He's still young and improving.

OK if Arundell had a knock but Steward has plenty of big match experience now surely. What if he gets injured in first 5 mins of Arg game, then what.

mountain man

Back to top Go down

Post by No 7&1/2 Thu 17 Aug 2023, 6:03 pm

Oh didn't realise we'd have to wait until next week for the appeal. Thought they'd just use common sense and give Farrell the ban. Seems a tiny bit harsh that that now will eat another game into the WC. Farrell is integral to Borthwicks plan.

No 7&1/2

Back to top Go down

Post by Recwatcher16 Thu 17 Aug 2023, 6:05 pm

Arundel did get a knock from a flying knee in the chest from Williams, looked like it hurt.
I want to see England take on the Irish attack and the dummy Irish runners who are essentially blocking the defenders, to enable the ball to get further out to Ringrose and the wingers. Tuilagi at 12 should just smash into a blocker who will be in front of the ball and put his hands in the air and see what the ref does.....
Ribbans is the closest replacement for Kruis and should make a difference in the scrum and Lawes had a blinder in the lineout last week. Earls has a real opportunity to establish his presence in the team against van der Flier, who never has a bad game.

England will be better for the run out last week but the handling errors and soft penalties has to be sorted. A Tuilagi and Lawrence combination second half must be odds on with Marchant moving out the wing at the expense of Watson.

I see Farrell Snr has made his view clear on the current media circus around his son and quite right too.

Recwatcher16

Back to top Go down

Post by carpet baboon Thu 17 Aug 2023, 6:27 pm

The ref would wave play on

carpet baboon

Back to top Go down

Post by mikey_dragon Thu 17 Aug 2023, 7:19 pm

Big wrote:Teams up apparently...

Starting: Steward; Watson, Marchant, Tuilagi, Daly; Ford, Youngs; Genge, George, Stuart, Itoje, Ribbans, Lawes (capt), Earl, B Vunipola.

Ireland are basically just better at the moment, but it looks a team that should (on paper at least) make a decent game of it.

That is England's world cup XV surely? It's the form team from what I can tell and a good replacement front row too. I do agree with others that Mitchell should have made the bench for this 'friendly' before the world cup.

mikey_dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by formerly known as Sam Thu 17 Aug 2023, 8:59 pm

mikey_dragon wrote:

That is England's world cup XV surely? It's the form team from what I can tell and a good replacement front row too. I do agree with others that Mitchell should have made the bench for this 'friendly' before the world cup.

Curry might well come in when he's fit, not sure how they'll rejig the backrow for that though. Think Chessum might switch with Ribbans potentially. Bench has a couple missing.

Certainly hope Ford can keep his spot ahead of Farrell.

formerly known as Sam

Back to top Go down

Post by yappysnap Thu 17 Aug 2023, 9:51 pm

Funny that we've gone through so many backs over the last few years just to end up going into this world cup with a potential starting backline with Youngs, Ford, Tuilagi. It's groundhog day.

yappysnap

Back to top Go down

Post by lostinwales Thu 17 Aug 2023, 10:53 pm

Brilliant response on Xitter to Andy Farrell's defense of his son

Linebreak Rugby wrote:Maybe if he hugged him more as a child, he would know how to wrap his arms

lostinwales
lostinwales
lostinwales

yappysnap, George Carlin and Poorfour like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by doctor_grey Thu 17 Aug 2023, 11:34 pm

mikey_dragon wrote:

Curry might well come in when he's fit, not sure how they'll rejig the backrow for that though. Think Chessum might switch with Ribbans potentially. Bench has a couple missing.

Certainly hope Ford can keep his spot ahead of Farrell.
I sincerely doubt that Ford is ahead of Farrell in Borthwick's mind.  And barring injury, suspension, or bad optics (OK no one cares about optics), I'm sure Farrell will remain first choice.

If the appeal by World Rugby is successful, then Ford becomes number 1. Depending on the length of Farrell's presumed suspension, Borthwick may opt to add another 10 to slot in behind Ford.

doctor_grey

Back to top Go down

Post by lostinwales Thu 17 Aug 2023, 11:56 pm

If Farrell doesn't make it who would they choose? I still think Slade would be a reasonable bet. If Borthwick wanted a specialist 10 then would it be other Smith? Atkinson?

lostinwales
lostinwales
lostinwales

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 11 of 20 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 15 ... 20  Next