The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Silly Season Transfer Rumours 23/24

+31
Maine man
Mr Bounce
Highland Shaun
broadlandboy
doctor_grey
RiscaGame
Margin_Walker
carpet baboon
Collapse2005
Pete330v2
Lowlandbrit
Welshmushroom
LeinsterFan4life
Recwatcher16
propdavid_london
BigGee
TAFKA The Oracle
Hazel Sapling
Rugby Fan
WELL-PAST-IT
mikey_dragon
Oakdene
lostinwales
Geordie
king_carlos
geoff999rugby
Fluxy
George Carlin
No 7&1/2
formerly known as Sam
Sgt_Pooly
35 posters

Page 14 of 17 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17  Next

Go down

Silly Season Transfer Rumours 23/24 - Page 14 Empty Silly Season Transfer Rumours 23/24

Post by Sgt_Pooly Mon 14 Aug 2023, 5:22 am

First topic message reminder :

I need rumours.....and I need them now!

Sgt_Pooly

Back to top Go down

Silly Season Transfer Rumours 23/24 - Page 14 Empty Re: Silly Season Transfer Rumours 23/24

Post by mountain man Tue 14 May 2024, 5:28 pm

Billy and Mako leaving Saracens end of season. No word yet on where they are heading.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/rugby-union/articles/crgyy03qyv5o

mountain man

Back to top Go down

Silly Season Transfer Rumours 23/24 - Page 14 Empty Re: Silly Season Transfer Rumours 23/24

Post by geoff999rugby Tue 14 May 2024, 5:55 pm

formerly known as Sam wrote:
geoff999rugby wrote:Addison going back to Sale.
Ewers going somewhere, not sure where

Addison replacing the big swiss army knife Sam James in the Sale backline then.

What happened with Ewers? Just lost his mojo?

Pretty much.
A man past his sell by date.
Been a huge disappointment.

geoff999rugby

Back to top Go down

Post by Welshmushroom Tue 14 May 2024, 8:08 pm

Cuthbert leaving Ospreys....

Ollie Burrows leaves Exeter to join Dragons....

Welshmushroom

Back to top Go down

Post by mikey_dragon Tue 14 May 2024, 8:42 pm

It isn't a surprise to see Cuthbert move on, bloody hope he doesn't end up at Dragons. Retirement maybe? Ospreys need some signings in that back 3, they were terrible there on the weekend. Watkin is a bloody awful player too.

mikey_dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by formerly known as Sam Tue 14 May 2024, 8:45 pm

Makes sense for Burrows. He's only had limited PRC game time. Given the number of hookers at Chiefs he was unlikely to get much chance in the Prem or Europe. Especially as none are internationals, at the Dragons with Dee and Roberts possible Wales selections there's a more likely route to game time.

formerly known as Sam

Back to top Go down

Post by George Carlin Tue 14 May 2024, 8:48 pm

mountain man wrote:Billy and Mako leaving Saracens end of season. No word yet on where they are heading.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/rugby-union/articles/crgyy03qyv5o
Somewhere where they can have a few drinks and get tasered in peace?
George Carlin
George Carlin
Admin
Admin

bsando, BigGee and Pebbles like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by king_carlos Tue 14 May 2024, 9:09 pm

Billy has been linked with Montpellier for a while I believe.

I haven't heard anything on Mako other than him leaving Sarries though. Top 14 clubs LOVE replacement props who carry though. I wouldn't be surprised if a club signs him, tries to use him in a similar role to Sipili Falatea.

king_carlos

Back to top Go down

Post by TAFKA The Oracle Tue 14 May 2024, 9:43 pm

formerly known as Sam wrote:Makes sense for Burrows. He's only had limited PRC game time. Given the number of hookers at Chiefs he was unlikely to get much chance in the Prem or Europe. Especially as none are internationals, at the Dragons with Dee and Roberts possible Wales selections there's a more likely route to game time.

We’ve got more hookers than Amsterdam now!

Not sure what the plans are, but at the moment:

Senior plyers:
Elliot Dee
Bradley Roberts
James Benjamin (a converted back rower)

And then players who’ve come through the academy recently:
Brodie Coghlan
Sam Scarfe

Scarfe has been tearing it up in the Welsh Prem for Pontypool and seems/seemed to have a big future but I’ve just read that he’s been sent on loan to Gloucester. Not sure why we haven’t kept him and have instead brought in Burrows from Exeter? Headscratch

James Benjamin I would be happy to see let go as the conversion to hooker hasn’t been very effective. But he’s not on the list of departures thus far.

TAFKA The Oracle

Back to top Go down

Post by formerly known as Sam Wed 15 May 2024, 9:43 am

TAFKA The Oracle wrote:
formerly known as Sam wrote:Makes sense for Burrows. He's only had limited PRC game time. Given the number of hookers at Chiefs he was unlikely to get much chance in the Prem or Europe. Especially as none are internationals, at the Dragons with Dee and Roberts possible Wales selections there's a more likely route to game time.

Senior plyers:
Elliot Dee
Bradley Roberts

Brodie Coghlan
Sam Scarfe

Scarfe has been tearing it up in the Welsh Prem for Pontypool and seems/seemed to have a big future but I’ve just read that he’s been sent on loan to Gloucester. Not sure why we haven’t kept him and have instead brought in Burrows from Exeter? Headscratch

James Benjamin I would be happy to see let go as the conversion to hooker hasn’t been very effective. But he’s not on the list of departures thus far.

Your first team and academy hookers combined is still less than the number of hookers in the Chiefs senior squad.

formerly known as Sam

Back to top Go down

Post by TAFKA The Oracle Wed 15 May 2024, 11:13 am

TAFKA The Oracle wrote:

Senior plyers:
Elliot Dee
Bradley Roberts

Brodie Coghlan
Sam Scarfe

Your first team and academy hookers combined is still less than the number of hookers in the Chiefs senior squad.

So assuming Scarfe is just getting game time, and with Burrows brought in..... that's 6 hookers! We're cutting squads and reducing budgets so that seems excessive to me. So someone above must be off. Hope it's not Dee.

TAFKA The Oracle

Back to top Go down

Post by TAFKA The Oracle Wed 15 May 2024, 11:24 am

Just had a look and there are nearly 80 players listed in the Exeter squad. Is that academy too or something?! Ridiculous numbers!

TAFKA The Oracle

Back to top Go down

Post by Poorfour Wed 15 May 2024, 2:28 pm

Lamositele to Quins as a replacement for Collier confirmed. Decent player and it'll be interesting to see what Bomb can do with him.
Poorfour
Poorfour

Back to top Go down

Post by formerly known as Sam Wed 15 May 2024, 2:39 pm

TAFKA The Oracle wrote:Just had a look and there are nearly 80 players listed in the Exeter squad. Is that academy too or something?! Ridiculous numbers!

They have a combined senior academy/development and first team squad. Tends to be a very large squad. Some of those guys will be on loan in the Championship or on part term deals whilst at Uni.

formerly known as Sam

TAFKA The Oracle likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Welshmushroom Wed 15 May 2024, 3:09 pm

Will be a lot smaller next season for Exeter - they and a number of prem sides have identified they dont need as bigger squads now the fixture list has been reduced.

Richardson is leaving Exeter and joining Glasgow....another prop off the books.

Welshmushroom

Back to top Go down

Post by Poorfour Wed 15 May 2024, 5:12 pm

TAFKA The Oracle wrote:Just had a look and there are nearly 80 players listed in the Exeter squad. Is that academy too or something?! Ridiculous numbers!

They have a combined senior academy/development and first team squad. Tends to be a very large squad. Some of those guys will be on loan in the Championship or on part term deals whilst at Uni.

Agreed. One of the kids in the academy is a friend of my son's - he's 1st year at uni, mostly playing BUCS but got 10 minutes for the Chiefs proper in a friendly during the 6N.
Poorfour
Poorfour

Back to top Go down

Post by formerly known as Sam Wed 15 May 2024, 6:33 pm

Welshmushroom wrote:Will be a lot smaller next season for Exeter - they and a number of prem sides have identified they dont need as bigger squads now the fixture list has been reduced.  

Richardson is leaving Exeter and joining Glasgow....another prop off the books.

Chiefs have a lot of development players like Richardson. Mostly as I've said out on loan playing elsewhere or on part time deals whilst at Uni. Allows them to monitor the progress of a lot of players fairly cheaply, not lack squad cover and then promote/release as required. If there are squad limits imposed on the league that won't help them though.

Fin Richardson played under 20s for Scotland but has mainly been on loan at Cornish Pirates in the Championship making one PRC appearance for Chiefs. A gamble that didn't pay off and now he goes north to try his luck at Glasgow.

formerly known as Sam

Back to top Go down

Post by Geordie Fri 17 May 2024, 7:57 pm

Apparently Fissler has reported that Stuart Hogg has been at KP this week...and sent all the falcons in to a tither....

No thanks...world class player in his day but we have Redhaaw there now who is unreal for 18 and use rhe funds more wisely elsewhere....

Maybe he was giving some attack coaching....

Geordie

Back to top Go down

Post by BigGee Fri 17 May 2024, 9:56 pm

Geordie wrote:Apparently Fissler has reported that Stuart Hogg has been at KP this week...and sent all the falcons in to a tither....

No thanks...world class player in his day but we have Redhaaw there now who is unreal for 18 and use rhe funds more wisely elsewhere....

Hard to imagine Hoggy has any future in professional rugby after a year out at his age.

Also hard to imagine any club would want to touch him with the current clouds hanging over him.

Take that one with a shovel load of salt!

BigGee
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Welshmushroom Fri 17 May 2024, 10:09 pm

Maybe he was there to give them a team chat about how to win a game Silly Season Transfer Rumours 23/24 - Page 14 1f605

Welshmushroom

Back to top Go down

Post by RiscaGame Sat 18 May 2024, 1:45 am

Could be a good life coach to people?

Do as I say, not as I do.

RiscaGame

BigGee likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by king_carlos Sat 18 May 2024, 12:58 pm

Even with Hoggy's stature as a player, I'd genuinely be surprised if Hawick considered giving him a runout out for s**ts and giggles. The stories floating around about his antics in those parts are startling even compared to what's hit the papers!

king_carlos

Back to top Go down

Post by BigGee Sun 19 May 2024, 9:02 am

Diamond came right out after the game and said the Hogg rumor was nonsense.

That makes sense to everyone and you kind of imagine that Hoggy was never really a SD type of player in any case!

BigGee
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by carpet baboon Sun 19 May 2024, 9:34 am

I get the feeling Fissler 90% of the time just makes stuff up for click bait

carpet baboon

Back to top Go down

Post by Geordie Thu 23 May 2024, 12:37 pm

Falcons have signed Sale Center Connor Doherty on a season long loan for next season.

https://www.newcastlefalcons.co.uk/centre-connor-doherty-joins-newcastle-falcons/

Geordie

Back to top Go down

Post by George Carlin Thu 23 May 2024, 12:53 pm

BigGee wrote:
Geordie wrote:Apparently Fissler has reported that Stuart Hogg has been at KP this week...and sent all the falcons in to a tither....

Hard to imagine Hoggy has any future in professional rugby after a year out at his age.

Also hard to imagine any club would want to touch him with the current clouds hanging over him.

I'm expecting Hoggy to 'feature' on Strictly within 2 years. And I'm A Sleb Get Me The Feck Out within 3 years.

He seems quite the type to 'suffer' from the Curse of Strictly.
George Carlin
George Carlin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by formerly known as Sam Thu 23 May 2024, 12:58 pm

BigGee wrote:Diamond came right out after the game and said the Hogg rumor was nonsense.

That makes sense to everyone and you kind of imagine that Hoggy was never really a SD type of player in any case!

Steve Diamond liked the occasional maverick if he thought he could get good value for money out of them. He pretty much relaunched Danny Cipriani's career when he joined Sale for instance.

formerly known as Sam

Back to top Go down

Post by Geordie Thu 23 May 2024, 1:08 pm

SD's confirmed absolutely nothing in the Hogg rumours.

We dont need him anyway....we have Ben Redshaw....well until Saracens or Bath decide to take him off our hands.... furious mad mad furious

Geordie

Back to top Go down

Post by king_carlos Thu 23 May 2024, 5:22 pm

George Carlin wrote:
BigGee wrote:

I'm expecting Hoggy to 'feature' on Strictly within 2 years. And I'm A Sleb Get Me The Feck Out within 3 years.

Isn't it supposed to be a surprise when a married contestant starts rooting their dance partner though?

king_carlos

George Carlin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by formerly known as Sam Thu 23 May 2024, 7:52 pm

king_carlos wrote:
George Carlin wrote:
BigGee wrote:

Isn't it supposed to be a surprise when a married contestant starts rooting their dance partner though?

laughing

formerly known as Sam

Back to top Go down

Post by Welshmushroom Sat 25 May 2024, 6:13 pm

Elsewhere on the transfer news front:-

Kepu is retiring from Super Rugby after this season.
Lawrence signs a new deal with Cardiff
Knox has secured a new club and will be playing for Bourgoin (Div 3 France)
Carbonel is leaving Montpellier and joining Stade Francais
Miotti is leaving Oyonnax and joining Montpellier

Welshmushroom

Back to top Go down

Post by Welshmushroom Sat 25 May 2024, 6:15 pm

Also Frisch was confirmed as leaving Munster and joining Toulon. Although that news broke a while back it's only now been confirmed.

Welshmushroom

Back to top Go down

Post by Geordie Mon 27 May 2024, 3:45 pm

Another player leaves falcons for Doncaster this time. Nit a main squad player really but jeez we are down to the bare bones in many positions now. They're clearing out all the substandard players they can who aren't in contract.

We have only 1 or 2 planned signings to announce so either we're gonna hope we don't get injuries which is laughable or there's some money coming in at some pont to allow us to bring some prem standard players in....

Geordie

Back to top Go down

Post by Highland Shaun Mon 27 May 2024, 11:14 pm

Geordie wrote:Another player leaves falcons for Doncaster this time. Nit a main squad player really but jeez we are down to the bare bones in many positions now. They're clearing out all the substandard players they can who aren't in contract.

We have only 1 or 2 planned signings to announce so either we're gonna hope we don't get injuries which is laughable or there's some money coming in at some pont to allow us to bring some prem standard players in....

Unfortunately Newcastle really needed big rebuild so hopefully you guys can get some quality or at least half good players in so that you can have a much better season where they actually win some games 🙄.

Highland Shaun

Geordie likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Kingshu Tue 28 May 2024, 6:04 am

Thaakir Abrahams to Munster?

Kingshu

Back to top Go down

Post by mikey_dragon Tue 28 May 2024, 10:09 pm

Max Douglas from Yokohama Canon Eagles to Scarlets, rumoured a while back but now confirmed. He also has super rugby experience with the Waratahs. Another fantastic signing to help their rebuild. I doubt Jack Dunne is going there (I heard that was a done deal previously) as they still have Lousi and Craig. Anyone know where else Dunne might be off?

mikey_dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by formerly known as Sam Thu 30 May 2024, 9:36 am

Melbourne Rebels have officially gone. Open season on their squad this summer then. I'd imagine the current Wallabies will be kept on in Australia but otherwise it's open season.

formerly known as Sam

Back to top Go down

Post by doctor_grey Thu 30 May 2024, 10:12 am

formerly known as Sam wrote:Melbourne Rebels have officially gone. Open season on their squad this summer then. I'd imagine the current Wallabies will be kept on in Australia but otherwise it's open season.
I guess we all saw it coming in some way or another. Shame.

doctor_grey

Back to top Go down

Post by Welshmushroom Thu 30 May 2024, 8:22 pm

Glasgow leavers announced as well. All of them havent said where they are going yet but Turner was linked with Japan. Manjezi was touted with a move back to SA.

Turner, Gordon, Sordoni, Manjezi and the other Argy prop who already went to Super Rugby mid season on loan.

Would love to see Sordoni at the Dragons. Exactly the sort of Tighthead we need.

Welshmushroom

Back to top Go down

Post by mikey_dragon Thu 30 May 2024, 8:45 pm

Liam Williams coming back to Wales; Cardiff, Ospreys and Dragons all interested apparently. Not Scarlets as they're bringing in Elliott Mee from Nottingham.

Lydiate maybe staying with Dragons on a player-coach sort of role. Dai is keen to keep Lydiate, which I don't think is a good idea.

Tomos Williams, Rhys Carre, Shane Lewis-Hughes, Owen Lane, Arwel Robson are leaving Cardiff Rugby for new clubs. Lopeti Timani, Aled Summerhill, Gonzalo Bertranou, Matthew Aubrey, Max Clark are also heading for the exit, while Ellis Jenkins, Josh Turnbull and Ciaran Parker are retiring.

mikey_dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by Rugby Fan Fri 31 May 2024, 8:51 am

Black Rams in Japan have officially confimed Peter Hewat is leaving. That means he's clear to head to Leicester, as those earlier reports outlined.

Rugby Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by Geordie Sat 01 Jun 2024, 7:10 pm

Apparently we are signing a centre from Doncaster Jack Metcalf...a sale academy product

Geordie

Back to top Go down

Post by formerly known as Sam Sat 01 Jun 2024, 9:06 pm

Geordie wrote:Apparently we are signing a centre from Doncaster Jack Metcalf...a sale academy product  

Utility back. Wing/13/15. Tall and pacey, from Yorkshire originally came through at Carnegie and then Sale brought him across. Left Sale for Ealing. The kind of gamble that makes sense for Falcons.

formerly known as Sam

Back to top Go down

Post by Welshmushroom Sun 02 Jun 2024, 12:03 am

Benetton release list of leavers:-

Zani, Lucchesi, Lazzaroni, Stowers, Pettinelli, Duvenage, Hidalgo-Clyne, Riera, Watson, Padovani

Guessing some of those must have Top14 deals to be annouced. Lucchesi has been really good for them last 2 seasons so some big money offer must have come in.

Welshmushroom

Back to top Go down

Post by Geordie Mon 03 Jun 2024, 10:39 am

Geordie wrote:Apparently we are signing a centre from Doncaster Jack Metcalf...a sale academy product  

Utility back. Wing/13/15. Tall and pacey, from Yorkshire originally came through at Carnegie and then Sale brought him across. Left Sale for Ealing. The kind of gamble that makes sense for Falcons.

Yeah absolutely...the backline looks a little more powerful and direct...with flexibility to move players around aswell. Quality will be the tell tale...but if we can be better drilled defensively and attacking wise...we'll at least be a bit more difficult to beat.

11 Stevenson
12 Doherty / Hutchison
13 Penny / Metcalf / Hearle
14 Radwan / Hearle
15 Redshaw / Obtoyinbo / Penny

With Oli Spencer (Centre in the England U20 team) and Nathan Greenwood (Flying young academy winger whos played a load of 7s), To float about as and when.

Geordie

Back to top Go down

Post by formerly known as Sam Mon 03 Jun 2024, 11:35 am

You'd have thought there might be another body coming in as well looking at those numbers.

formerly known as Sam

Back to top Go down

Post by George Carlin Mon 03 Jun 2024, 11:43 am

Welshmushroom wrote:Benetton release list of leavers:-

Zani, Lucchesi, Lazzaroni, Stowers, Pettinelli, Duvenage, Hidalgo-Clyne, Riera, Watson, Padovani

Guessing some of those must have Top14 deals to be annouced.  Lucchesi has been really good for them last 2 seasons so some big money offer must have come in.
Samwise Hidalgo-Clyne was the future for Scotland once.

Not sure why he never kicked on and wonder where he's going now. He had great hair too so likely endorsements from Pantene to follow, if nothing else.
George Carlin
George Carlin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Geordie Mon 03 Jun 2024, 11:46 am

formerly known as Sam wrote:You'd have thought there might be another body coming in as well looking at those numbers.

Well Mark has just said its not the last of the signings on the unoffy, so i guess we shall see. But we could do with a juggernaut of a lock really...

I know they havent announced Beauden Barrett yet, just a matter of time... Wink

Last edited by Geordie on Mon 03 Jun 2024, 11:53 am; edited 1 time in total

Geordie

Back to top Go down

Post by BigGee Mon 03 Jun 2024, 11:46 am

George Carlin wrote:

Guessing some of those must have Top14 deals to be annouced.  Lucchesi has been really good for them last 2 seasons so some big money offer must have come in.

Not sure why he never kicked on and wonder where he's going now. He had great hair too so likely endorsements from Pantene to follow, if nothing else.

I imagine SHC will be looking to the world beyond rugby now.

He has had a varied and interesting career but surely he will feel that he has not fulfilled his potential

BigGee
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Geordie Mon 03 Jun 2024, 11:51 am

George Carlin wrote:

Probably the falcons Rolling Eyes

Geordie

Back to top Go down

Post by mikey_dragon Mon 03 Jun 2024, 12:13 pm

Henry Thomas rumour to Scarlets is a done deal so I've heard. I think that makes him available for the SA game which is outside the international window. The squad will be announced shortly but I doubt many are interested, including Wales fans.

mikey_dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 14 of 17 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17  Next