The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

2024 T20 World Cup

+14
JDizzle
KP_fan
Pal Joey
Forward Pass
Marky
Galted
Good Golly I'm Olly
wisden
eirebilly_01
king_carlos
alfie
VTR
guildfordbat
Duty281
18 posters

Page 10 of 20 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 15 ... 20  Next

Go down

2024 T20 World Cup - Page 10 Empty 2024 T20 World Cup

Post by Duty281 Wed 22 May 2024, 12:04 pm

First topic message reminder :

Just over a week away now from some glorious six-hitting in the cricketing heartlands of Barbados, Trinidad, Saint Lucia and, um, New York City.

England are defending the crown they won at the MCG in front of 80,000 people in November 2022. They'll probably be hoping it goes a bit better than their defence of the 50 over title! The tournament is, as T20 competitions are, very wide open. If England were to win it again they'd be the first men's team to win back to back World T20 titles in the history of the competition.

Chasing them keenly are the bookmakers favourites India, who are very, very thirsty because of a drought that has existed since 2013 in ICC tournaments. Australia will obviously be there or thereabouts, and there's plenty of excitement around the West Indies, twice winners of this competition, and how glorious it would be to see them lift a trophy at home.

Or perhaps South Africa will finally stop being Tottenham and actually win something? But it's T20. So it could be anyone. Ireland, Scotland, Uganda....USA?

I thought the format of the last couple of T20 World Cups was absolutely perfect. Naturally, then, the ICC have altered it for this year! So we've now got 20 teams, up from 16, and 55 matches in total, up from 45.

There's no preliminary round this time. All teams start off the same. Four groups of five teams. All play each other once. Top two in each group go through to the Super 8s. Super 8s is split into two groups of four. No points are carried over and all teams play each other once in the Super 8s. Top two in each Super 8 group go through to the semi-finals, from which it's a straight knockout. Means a team will play nine games if they are to lift the trophy, in comparison to England's seven games to win it in 2022.

One curious thing about the format, and the ICC love curious things (such as there being no reserve day for one semi-final), is that the finishing places in the initial group are seeded. For example, England are designated B1 in their group, and Australia are B2, which means that it's irrelevant if England come first or second. They will go through to Group 2 of the Super 8s regardless of finishing first or second. I suppose it guarantees certainty for fans, as they know where teams are playing after the initial group stage.

While I don't think it's been directly said, the draw was not a fair and open one. It took place behind closed doors and ensured India/Pakistan were in the same group, as well as some other long-standing rivalries, such as USA v Canada. I'm surprised the ICC didn't put India and Pakistan in the same Super 8 group as well! The groups are:

Groups:

The fixture list is all over the place with timings, so try and keep up! If you're in the UK, games can start at 01:30, or they might begin at 18:00, and quite a few matches seem to overlap in the early stages.

Fixture List (All times BST):

Squads (Not yet finalised):

Outright Odds (Bet365):

The USA and Canada will be starting this one off in Texas. That's the most unlikely cricket sentence ever uttered.

Duty281

Location : I wouldn’t want to be faster or greener than now if you were with me; O you were the best of all my days

Pal Joey, JDizzle, guildfordbat and VTR like this post

Back to top Go down

2024 T20 World Cup - Page 10 Empty Re: 2024 T20 World Cup

Post by KP_fan Sun 16 Jun 2024, 3:33 pm

Duty281 wrote:Just caught up with Australia/Scotland. Bit close at one point, Scotland were favourites when Maxwell went, but Stoinis' counter attack won the game for Australia. England can breathe a sigh of relief. It would have been very unjust if they had gone out. And remember those NRR concerns? England have currently got the 2nd best NRR of all 20 teams!

On to the Super Eights (after some dead rubbers). The only not confirmed team is Bangladesh. But the only way they miss out is if they lose to Nepal, and the Dutch beat Sri Lanka, and the Dutch overturn the NRR. Which I think is pretty unlikely.

The groups were indeed pre seeded and are like this:

Group 1 - India, Australia, Afghanistan, Bangladesh (95% certain)
Group 2 - England, South Africa, West Indies, USA

The team that finishes 1st will play the team that finishes 2nd in the other group (x2) in the semi finals.

The semi finals are somewhat confusing. The first semi-final will be played on the evening (local time) of the 26th in Trinidad. The second semi-final will be on the morning (local time) of the 27th in Guyana. Not much time between them and a KO game not played at night is strange. India, if they qualify, will be playing in the second semi final on the 27th. This is for the benefit of the TV audiences in India.

The first semi-final has a reserve day (which I think clashes with the second semi final). The second semi-final (India's) does not. This is because cricket is stupid and I don't know why anyone, including myself, likes it.

But do you know what's even stupider? They've only allocated 250 minutes of reserve time for the day of the second semi final. So, the second semi final, which is a morning start, could be called off at about 15:30 local time.....even though there's hours and hours and hours of extra free time available after that. But, no, cricket has to be stupid and have no reserve days and has to call off games at 15:30, even though there's no logical reason why they can't take to the field at 20:00 or whatever!

Oh well. The team finishing first in this second group stage will reach the final if either semi-final is rained off. So there is some incentive to finish first.

Fixture list for the Super Eights:

Spoiler:

Australia will be facing a spin trial in their sub continental group. I think Bangladesh, presuming they get there, are the clear weakest team. Afghanistan have the potential to go all the way, and I think the game against Australia will be the key one. India are group stage heavyweights and should have no issues advancing.

Group 2 is very intriguing as well. The USA are obviously the weakest looking team, but they upset Pakistan and gave India a bit of a minor fright. I really doubt the USA can engineer further upsets on more batting friendly wickets away from New York, but we'll see. Not a lot between the other three teams in the group. West Indies are firing pretty well it seems and I think will advance. But between SA/Eng...very close. SA have had an odd tournament, should have lost to Bangladesh and probably Nepal, and the Dutch nearly toppled them, but somehow they've come through with a perfect record which points to a tremendous spirit. England have only had one major test thus far and they failed in all departments. But will the morale boost at having come back from adversity, allied with the team gaining confidence from some fairly simple wins, be enough here?

The way the fixtures are lined up is also interesting. South Africa have got the USA first, so you'd think that should be two points right away and pressure straight on to the West Indies and England, with the losers of that clash a few hours later needing a perfect run from there on. Similar for Australia's game against Bangladesh.

The two groups just look excellent and it should be a good week of cricket, if the rain stays away. NRR could be crucial even if the rain doesn't hit, as three way ties are very plausible.

India will lose to Aus and one more( most likely Afg)...ain't making it to semis

Aus + one more, most likely Afg make it to semis

from the other side WI & Eng will make it to semis...SA has  finished it's luck.

I see Aus-WI final most likely and put WI as favorites to win it
KP_fan
KP_fan

Back to top Go down

Post by Duty281 Sun 16 Jun 2024, 3:45 pm

You're a bit too down on India's prospects! I think they'll be alright until the KO stages.

Ireland, for some reason, decided to bat first in Florida against Pakistan and they're 4/3. Shocked

Duty281

Location : I wouldn’t want to be faster or greener than now if you were with me; O you were the best of all my days

Back to top Go down

Post by king_carlos Sun 16 Jun 2024, 4:07 pm

I'm not a fan of India's often conservative batting approach. The bizarre way that players who can score lightning fast start sliding towards being anchors has never made sense to me.

Their bowling is absolutely gun though. Bumrah is the best T20 bowler in the world by a distance. Hardik adds a 6th option that most sides would love as a 4th or 5th. Jadeja and Axar suit the conditions well. With Kuldeep and Chahal to come if needed. Siraj is so dangerous when he gets it right. Arshdeep adds the second death bowler alongside Bumrah.

They should make the semis and with that bowling attack they will be thereabouts once in the KOs.

king_carlos

Back to top Go down

Post by KP_fan Sun 16 Jun 2024, 4:26 pm

Duty281 wrote:You're a bit too down on India's prospects! I think they'll be alright until the KO stages.

Ireland, for some reason, decided to bat first in Florida against Pakistan and they're 4/3. Shocked

This is the Knock Out stage......and India will start with losing to Afg,
b.t.w Afg is my 3rd most likely pick to make it to finals

1-WI
2-Aus
3-Afg
KP_fan
KP_fan

Back to top Go down

Post by KP_fan Sun 16 Jun 2024, 4:31 pm

king_carlos wrote:I'm not a fan of India's often conservative batting approach. The bizarre way that players who can score lightning fast start sliding towards being anchors has never made sense to me.

Their bowling is absolutely gun though. Bumrah is the best T20 bowler in the world by a distance. Hardik adds a 6th option that most sides would love as a 4th or 5th. Jadeja and Axar suit the conditions well. With Kuldeep and Chahal to come if needed. Siraj is so dangerous when he gets it right. Arshdeep adds the second death bowler alongside Bumrah.

They should make the semis and with that bowling attack they will be thereabouts once in the KOs.

There is talk India might play Kuldeep for Siraj in West Indies
Problem is with the mental side of the game in India.
Add to that many "Bhai"-s in the Indian team.
Bhai is equivalent to Big Brother, small boss, mini power center with a heros status and his few million fan following & social media clout type personas.
Ind now has  Rohit, Kohli, Pandya, Pant, Jadeja & Bumrah......all senior Bhais, not totally in anyone's control and do their own thing.

I think India will very likely go down to Afg in the first game
KP_fan
KP_fan

Back to top Go down

Post by Duty281 Sun 16 Jun 2024, 7:18 pm

Ireland lost. They nearly defended a low total of 106, but Babar held Pakistan together and Shaheen blasted two sixes at the end.

A humiliating tournament for Ireland. Lost to Canada, Pakistan and India. Only point from a rained off game v USA. Pakistan narrowly miss out. Two close defeats to USA and India the difference. The opposite of South Africa in that their close games ended up as losses!

Duty281

Back to top Go down

Post by Duty281 Mon 17 Jun 2024, 10:25 am

Bangladesh booked their Super Eight spot overnight, although not with complete comfort. Bangladesh were bowled out for 106, but they themselves bowled Nepal out for 85! Means Nepal weren't too far from qualifying. Losing by one run to South Africa and 21 runs to Bangladesh. Turn those games around and they would have been in the Super Eights!

Sri Lanka ended another disappointing tournament on a high note by thrashing the Dutch. SL put up 201 batting first, without a single batsman reaching 50 (a T20 record?), and the Netherlands were nowhere near, losing by 83 runs. Sri Lanka haven't reached the KO stage of an ICC tournament since 2015, a troubling run.

Two more games left, then the Super Eights start on Wednesday.

Duty281

Back to top Go down

Post by Duty281 Mon 17 Jun 2024, 11:35 am

https://stats.espncricinfo.com/ci/engine/stats/index.html?class=3;filter=advanced;groupby=series;orderby=batting_strike_rate;template=results;trophy=89;type=batting

Some stats to show how much of a bowling friendly WC this has been:

1) Batting strike rate at this tournament has been 103.29, 13 runs per 100 balls below the second-lowest batting strike rate at a T20 World Cup (in 2021) and nearly 21 runs lower than the highest (2007).

2) An average of 16.58 runs per dismissal, 3.55 runs lower than the second-lowest batting average at a T20 World Cup (2010) and 5.68 runs lower than the highest (2012).

3) 81 ducks, the highest at a T20 World Cup.

4) 25 fifties, so far the lowest at a T20 World Cup, but it will likely overtake other World Cups by virtue of having plenty more matches played.

5) Zero centuries so far, only the T20 World Cup in England in 2009 has also had zero centuries.

Duty281

Pal Joey and VTR like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Mon 17 Jun 2024, 6:18 pm

Lockie Ferguson 4-4-0-3 against Papua New Guinea. Fair to say they didn't target him.

Galted
Galted
Galted

alfie, Duty281 and VTR like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Duty281 Mon 17 Jun 2024, 7:23 pm

Cobra of a pitch. This place is next hosting one of the semi-finals, could be tricky.

Duty281

Back to top Go down

Post by Duty281 Tue 18 Jun 2024, 10:03 am

West Indies racking up 218/5, Pooran run out on 98, as they comfortably beat Afghanistan to maintain their 100% record. One over from Pooran had 36 runs, the joint highest in a T20i, as the West Indies scored 92 in the PowerPlay (!).

This game was played at Gros Islet, which is where the West Indies play their first game of the Super Eights...against England. Definitely seems to be a batting friendly track.

Going to be a tough task for England's bowlers...

England might also be forced into a decision with Livingstone suffering from a side injury.

Duty281

Back to top Go down

Post by KP_fan Tue 18 Jun 2024, 11:00 am

Duty281 wrote:West Indies racking up 218/5, Pooran run out on 98, as they comfortably beat Afghanistan to maintain their 100% record. One over from Pooran had 36 runs, the joint highest in a T20i, as the West Indies scored 92 in the PowerPlay (!).

This game was played at Gros Islet, which is where the West Indies play their first game of the Super Eights...against England. Definitely seems to be a batting friendly track.

Going to be a tough task for England's bowlers...

England might also be forced into a decision with Livingstone suffering from a side injury.

I was expecting more from Afg.
It seems the pitch was flat and ground small, blunting Afg's spinners
KP_fan
KP_fan

Back to top Go down

Post by VTR Tue 18 Jun 2024, 11:52 am

I thought that was a great start to the super 8s for the Windies, then realised it was a dead rubber first round game. I think/hope the group stage is now done, or are Outer Mongolia taking on Equatorial Guinea at some point today?

VTR

Pal Joey likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Duty281 Tue 18 Jun 2024, 5:52 pm

Duty281 wrote:https://stats.espncricinfo.com/ci/engine/stats/index.html?class=3;filter=advanced;groupby=series;orderby=batting_strike_rate;template=results;trophy=89;type=batting

Some stats to show how much of a bowling friendly WC this has been:

1) Batting strike rate at this tournament has been 103.29, 13 runs per 100 balls below the second-lowest batting strike rate at a T20 World Cup (in 2021) and nearly 21 runs lower than the highest (2007).

2) An average of 16.58 runs per dismissal, 3.55 runs lower than the second-lowest batting average at a T20 World Cup (2010) and 5.68 runs lower than the highest (2012).

3) 81 ducks, the highest at a T20 World Cup.

4) 25 fifties, so far the lowest at a T20 World Cup, but it will likely overtake other World Cups by virtue of having plenty more matches played.

5) Zero centuries so far, only the T20 World Cup in England in 2009 has also had zero centuries.

https://www.espncricinfo.com/story/t20-world-cup-2024-group-stage-bowlers-have-dominated-in-usa-but-batters-might-have-fun-in-west-indies-1439365

Cricinfo have put the bowling friendly World Cup into a more refined article. But with the tournament moving away from the USA, it could all change from tomorrow...

Duty281

Back to top Go down

Post by Duty281 Tue 18 Jun 2024, 10:03 pm

Super 8s tomorrow!

The South Africans start with a near must-win v the USA. South Africa haven't been convincing so far, but they keep pulling out the wins. USA have landed a few blows in this competition, though tomorrow will be the first time in the competition they play outside the USA.

Then in the early hours of Thursday for us, England take on the West Indies in a heavyweight encounter. The winners will have one foot in the semis, the losers will be on the brink. Fair to say the West Indies have looked in better form, and their batting came to life v Afghanistan. Appears West Indies last selection call is Chase v Hope, two men who have tormented England in different ways in the past.

England, a few more question marks over their selection. Cricinfo think that Jacks is coming back for Livingstone, but Jacks will slot in at 6, not at 3 as previous. Then it's a straight choice between Wood and Jordan, with Archer and Topley likely to be selected. It should be Wood, with Jordan's economy nearly 11 in the tournament, however Jordan is liked because of the possibility of his long ball hitting down the order.

We should expect more runs in this game, with short square boundaries and a belter of a track. West Indies have to be favourites and they'll fancy taking this England bowling unit on.

Duty281

Back to top Go down

Post by alfie Wed 19 Jun 2024, 1:45 am

Reckon England v West Indies is likely going to degenerate into a six hitting contest on that ground. Debateable whether this is "better" than some of those tortuous struggles to pass 110 in the games in America  Smile

If Livingstone is crocked I suppose it makes sense to bring Jacks back in - at six ; though hopefully he doesn't get to bowl ! So presuming Curran retained at seven I guess the preferred attack would be Archer Topley Wood and Rashid - but it does look a bit of a long tail. Plus they love Jordan's fielding , for good reason ; so perhaps a tight decision. I do fear Jordan going for massive runs if he has to bowl four overs ; but maybe Moeen can sneak an over or two in without getting hammered ? They got the selection right the other day so will leave it to Mott & Jos...

alfie

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Wed 19 Jun 2024, 9:52 am

alfie wrote:Reckon England v West Indies is likely going to degenerate into a six hitting contest on that ground. Debateable whether this is "better" than some of those tortuous struggles to pass 110 in the games in America  Smile

If Livingstone is crocked I suppose it makes sense to bring Jacks back in - at six ; though hopefully he doesn't get to bowl ! So presuming Curran retained at seven I guess the preferred attack would be Archer Topley Wood and Rashid - but it does look a bit of a long tail. Plus they love Jordan's fielding , for good reason ; so perhaps a tight decision. I do fear Jordan going for massive runs if he has to bowl four overs ; but maybe Moeen can sneak an over or two in without getting hammered ? They got the selection right the other day so will leave it to Mott & Jos...

Don't think Wood's bowling has been good enough against actual competition in this so far to warrant it being an easy call re: him and Jordan. Jordan's extra attributes, particularly his fielding, are legitimate advantages for him over Wood. Tough one!
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by VTR Wed 19 Jun 2024, 11:26 am

I think I'd favour Jordan, though that's not to say I think he's much good. Against top sides Wood just seems to bowl at pace but get smashed more often than not, without even taking any key wickets. Probably because he doesn't really have any variations, so the batsmen know what to expect

VTR

Back to top Go down

Post by Duty281 Wed 19 Jun 2024, 3:08 pm

USA winning the toss and bowling first v South Africa.

Pollock reckoning it'll be another low scorer.

Duty281

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Wed 19 Jun 2024, 4:01 pm

Didn't tell de Kock
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by Duty281 Wed 19 Jun 2024, 4:07 pm

He was 4 off 6. Now he's 44 off 22!

Looks like a 200 score building, especially with Markram joining in. NRR could be crucial in a tight group and the possibility of rain, so this is getting set up perfect for SA.

Duty281

Back to top Go down

Post by king_carlos Wed 19 Jun 2024, 4:22 pm

Good luck stopping the Proteas power from 4-6 when they've got this sort of platform!

Klaasen and Miller are so lethal that I'd genuinely consider retiring Markram out with a 150 SR. 9 overs left, you've done your job Aiden. The game isn't quite there yet, but I can certainly see teams doing it soon enough in these sort of situations.

king_carlos

Back to top Go down

Post by Duty281 Wed 19 Jun 2024, 5:11 pm

Hugely impressive fightback from the USA.

SA were 125/1 after 12 overs, but De Kock picked a man in the deep off a full toss and the innings unraveled, with no one else getting going. Final score 194/4, so just 69 off those last 8 overs.

I do think De Kock played much better than the pitch conditions. Going to be a huge ask for the USA in the second half, but they've recovered a lot of positives in those last eight overs.

Duty281

Back to top Go down

Post by Duty281 Wed 19 Jun 2024, 6:54 pm

18 run win for SA. USA were nowhere early in the chase, but Gous and Harmeet had a strong partnership. At one point they scored 64 in 4 overs, giving SA a minor fright, before the Saffers closed it out at the end.

So not the big NRR win that looked likely at one point, which will be of some relief to the West Indies and England. South Africa won't care about that for now, it's job done and they can relax before taking on Englandshire on Friday.

Duty281

Back to top Go down

Post by KP_fan Wed 19 Jun 2024, 6:57 pm

Beaten but not disgraced USA.
They impressed both times I saw them vs Ind and against SA today

They have the warewithal to cause one upset and do note that their NRR did not take much damage.

Good luck to our English friends who will have to brave sleep to watch the game .
To me WI are favorite but will find out when I wake up.
KP_fan
KP_fan

Back to top Go down

Post by alfie Thu 20 Jun 2024, 1:32 am

Nice time for me - unusual Wink Right team for England , I think , since Livingstone apparently OK. Prefer Wood to Jordan...if they need more batting after the top seven they're already in trouble !

alfie

Back to top Go down

Post by alfie Thu 20 Jun 2024, 1:35 am

Decent start from Topley .Two wides but otherwise tight.

alfie

Back to top Go down

Post by alfie Thu 20 Jun 2024, 2:08 am

54/0 in the power play. England still can't take a wicket (except against Oman) ; but King had to retire hurt. A few wides but Topley has done quite well with three overs for just 26. So 63 / 0 from seven...

alfie

Back to top Go down

Post by alfie Thu 20 Jun 2024, 2:14 am

Think Pooran is going after Wood now...launching into the crowd first ball ..but now beaten twice in a row. Wood finished that over quite well after the initial six. 72 from 8. Wonder when we see Rashid ? Ah ...here he is...

alfie

Back to top Go down

Post by alfie Thu 20 Jun 2024, 2:21 am

Couple of good overs from Rashid and Moeen sees it at 82/0 at halfway.

alfie

Back to top Go down

Post by alfie Thu 20 Jun 2024, 2:30 am

Wicket at last as Charles gets under one from Moreen and Harry Brook takes a good catch. 38 from 34 balls as Powell replaces him 94/1 in the twelfth...

alfie

Back to top Go down

Post by alfie Thu 20 Jun 2024, 2:38 am

England fielding well but can't do much about that six from Powell ! Still Moeen has 1/15 from two overs. 102/1 after 12. Now England refer one off Rashid ...but that's wasted. Good bowling from Rashid though. Three overs , 0/19. 106/1 , 7 overs left.

alfie

Back to top Go down

Post by alfie Thu 20 Jun 2024, 2:43 am

Getting after Curran now...6 1 4....but Sam does well to hold it to just those 11 from the over. 117/1 ...and Livingstone comes on...

alfie

Back to top Go down

Post by alfie Thu 20 Jun 2024, 2:49 am

Hmm. Not sure about this bowling change. Didn't need to introduce Livingstone...and he's gone for 2 6 6 . 6 But his last ball has Powell we caught by Wood diving at point .phew ! Expensive over though...shades of Jacks v Australia. 137/2

alfie

Back to top Go down

Post by alfie Thu 20 Jun 2024, 2:54 am

Great over from Archer now ! Beats Pooran three times outside off and finally has him edging behind ! Gone for 36 three down now for 141 and two new batsmen in...four overs left and Rashid will bowl this one..

alfie

Back to top Go down

Post by alfie Thu 20 Jun 2024, 2:57 am

Russell holes out to Salt in the deep...Rashid finishes with 1/21...well bowled indeed. 143/4 Three overs left...

alfie

Back to top Go down

Post by alfie Thu 20 Jun 2024, 3:05 am

Rutherford got stuck into Wood then...6421...and Wood couldn't finish the over cleanly, two wides and another four so 19 from it.162/4. Curran with the 19th now...

alfie

Back to top Go down

Post by alfie Thu 20 Jun 2024, 3:10 am

Penultimate over from Curran yielded just six runs .. all run in ones and twos.very good deathbowling. Archer now to finish at 168/4...West Indies will want a few more you'd think...

alfie

Back to top Go down

Post by alfie Thu 20 Jun 2024, 3:15 am

Brain fade from Archer concedes a silly overthrow off his own bowling Wink but only 12 from that 20th so 180 is the total. Decent score but not unassailable on what looks a quite good batting pitch. We will see soon...I need a coffee break...

alfie

Back to top Go down

Post by alfie Thu 20 Jun 2024, 3:55 am

England reply tracking West Indies...power play yields 58 as a Salt six edges them a little ahead. Salt was scratchy to start but seems to be flowing now (35 from 20) . Hosein economical, 19 off his three.One half chance missed otherwise no alarms.

alfie

Back to top Go down

Post by alfie Thu 20 Jun 2024, 4:00 am

Chase has pinned Butter lbw...67 /1 in the eighth. Wasted a review too. Moeen coming in at three...

alfie

Back to top Go down

Post by alfie Thu 20 Jun 2024, 4:10 am

West Indies going spin heavy with Motie and Chase in tandem. A bit cat and mouse at present. Salt not getting much strike- but Moeen took ten off that over. Chase is tying them down...just singles off him so far , drop by the keeper ? And a close run out but Moeen is safe... After ten overs it is 83/1 so just 1 run more than the WI had at halfway

alfie

Back to top Go down

Post by alfie Thu 20 Jun 2024, 4:15 am

Back to pace with Russell. And immediately he has Moeen caught at deep mid wicket.84/2

alfie

Back to top Go down

Post by alfie Thu 20 Jun 2024, 4:24 am

Chase is strangling England here...or he was until Jonny hit one (one handed)down the ground for four ...102/2 after 12 , again same as WI Wink

alfie

Back to top Go down

Post by alfie Thu 20 Jun 2024, 4:27 am

This is where West Indies got going with an assault on Curran and Livingstone. Can England ? Lot of spin continues with Motie...111/2 off 13.

alfie

Back to top Go down

Post by alfie Thu 20 Jun 2024, 4:33 am

Alzarri back now though. Bairstow greets him with a pulled six and a sliced four as WINVIZ now has England favourite...still too close to call for mine. 14 off that over so 125 from 14. England need 56 from six...WI probably need a wicket. Hosein back for his last over...

alfie

Back to top Go down

Post by alfie Thu 20 Jun 2024, 4:38 am

Hosein not so tight this time...16 from it , Bairstow hoisting a big six and then getting a streaky tickle fine for four... Salt has been almost becalmed lately but still there on 49 at 141 from 15

alfie

Back to top Go down

Post by alfie Thu 20 Jun 2024, 4:45 am

Salt gets fifty now..and celebrates with a straight six off Shepherd....and follows with a nudge over slip and now another straight six... England bench looking relaxed now ! Salt has suddenly gone into overdrive: what an over ! 464664...thirty off it and game over. Comfortable for England despite a much better 17th over...need 4 from three overs.

alfie

Back to top Go down

Post by alfie Thu 20 Jun 2024, 4:51 am

8 wicket win with 2.5 overs to spare... excellent partnership 97 from 43 balls. Salt 87 from 47 , Bairstow 48 from 26. Probably a good thing the selectors didn't listen to Duty ? That is a very good win...

alfie

VTR likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by KP_fan Thu 20 Jun 2024, 5:10 am

Eng win and from look at scorecard and Alifie's commentaries a seemingly comfortable one.

Salt appears to be the new Hales and Bairstow trying to show he has some life still left in him.

So if Eng beat America they are as good as thru
KP_fan
KP_fan

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 10 of 20 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 15 ... 20  Next