The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

6CWF Chat V2

+13
Steel
DanielReilly
acer101
Uryu Ishida
JJJohnson
x12x
Marky
Perfect Jack
gazzyD
President Trump
Lee
BlueDragon1205
Bentyf1
17 posters

Page 10 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 9, 10, 11  Next

Go down

6CWF Chat V2 - Page 10 Empty 6CWF Chat V2

Post by Bentyf1 Sun 07 Jul 2024, 7:55 pm

First topic message reminder :

Fellas! How are we all? Good weekend?

Nearly done my promo, looking forward to adding it to the amazing work going up Very Happy

Bentyf1

Back to top Go down

6CWF Chat V2 - Page 10 Empty Re: 6CWF Chat V2

Post by Bentyf1 Tue 10 Sep 2024, 6:06 pm

Evening fellas! We all feeling pumped after reading beachfront tussling?

Great promos so far by Acer and Marky! Looking forward to mixing it up!

Bentyf1

acer101 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by JJJohnson Tue 10 Sep 2024, 6:15 pm

Promos are red hot from you fellas at the moment. JJ has a few things to get off his chest so I'll be letting rip in next day or so.

Remember to shoot any more questions for the podcast onto the Beachfront Brawl Presser thread. See if we can keep it within 2 hours this time Laugh

JJJohnson
Admin
Admin

Bentyf1 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Bentyf1 Tue 10 Sep 2024, 6:29 pm

Autumn and winter are going to be so much fun, Steve I cannae wait!

Did see Liam online, hope you’re healing up well dude and feeling as good as can be one day at a time

Bentyf1

Back to top Go down

Post by Bentyf1 Wed 11 Sep 2024, 2:18 pm

Afternoon afternoon 

Sup XR! love seeing names from the past having a peek, say hello!

Bentyf1

Back to top Go down

Post by x12x Wed 11 Sep 2024, 9:23 pm

Bentyf1 wrote:Autumn and winter are going to be so much fun, Steve I cannae wait!

Did see Liam online, hope you’re healing up well dude and feeling as good as can be one day at a time

Not too bad, living on co-codamol and bed rest...had my surgery though and I think it went well.
I want to promo but finding it hard to concentrate right now

hope everyone is doing good

x12x

Bentyf1 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Uryu Ishida Thu 12 Sep 2024, 7:06 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

for thos that dont look at the VIP Thread

TIL: JJ has never really used Reddit and is essentially a techno hermit

Uryu Ishida

Back to top Go down

Post by acer101 Thu 12 Sep 2024, 7:40 pm

Uryu Ishida wrote:[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

And he’s nice to delivery drivers.

acer101

Marky likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by BlueDragon1205 Fri 13 Sep 2024, 8:30 am

acer101 wrote:
Uryu Ishida wrote:[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

And he’s nice to delivery drivers.

And it must be a universal things with wives and online shopping. Mine will not leave Amazon alone, wish she wanted my package that much haha
BlueDragon1205
BlueDragon1205

acer101 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Bentyf1 Fri 13 Sep 2024, 8:24 pm

Evening fellas, we good?!

Enjoyed the poddy!

The promo this week may or not be Michael Sweetwater and Miss Jessica doing this in Budapest  

Having way too much fun at the minute, thank you Steve haha

Bentyf1

Back to top Go down

Post by Steel Sat 14 Sep 2024, 9:37 am

Morning Ed, how's you? all good thanks, despite only getting back at 2am from the rugby and getting beat 38-0 😂hopefully it's not a similar score at elland road today.

Not been enough musical numbers throughout the history of 6cw/6WF for my liking, so I'm all for it

Steel

Back to top Go down

Post by acer101 Sat 14 Sep 2024, 10:58 am

Steel wrote:Morning Ed, how's you? all good thanks, despite only getting back at 2am from the rugby and getting beat 38-0 😂hopefully it's not a similar score at elland road today.

Not been enough musical numbers throughout the history of 6cw/6WF for my liking, so I'm all for it

Only watched the first half but you had a decent 10-15 minute spell late in the first half. The start however killed you from the jump.

Shows you how big the discrepancy between top and bottom is though. In the last 3 games you’ve been pumped by Wigan, pumped FC and were taken to the wire by the Broncos - another 62 seconds and Broncos would have had a point (I know the exact time, because I was the official timekeeper 😂).

acer101

Back to top Go down

Post by BlueDragon1205 Sat 14 Sep 2024, 4:23 pm

Promo up fellas, lemme know if you have any thoughts.
BlueDragon1205
BlueDragon1205

Back to top Go down

Post by Steel Sat 14 Sep 2024, 4:46 pm

Ha you probably watched more of the game than I did Acer I'd had enough by half time and just hung about the bar on the concourse.

It does I've no idea how we are even still in the hunt for a playoff spot with the season we've had, twice now weve scraped past london by golden point. I went to the game last week at Wimbledon last week should have made yourself known 😂 who is it you support?

Steel

acer101 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by acer101 Sat 14 Sep 2024, 4:50 pm

Steel wrote:Ha you probably watched more of the game than I did Acer I'd had enough by half time and just hung about the bar on the concourse.

It does I've no idea how we are even still in the hunt for a playoff spot with the season we've had, twice now weve scraped past london by golden point. I went to the game last week at Wimbledon last week should have made yourself known 😂 who is it you support?

Always been a Wigan fan (grandparents used to live there and bought me a jersey in 2001). But do have a place in my heart for London - seeing as I’m from the south, and heavily involved with refereeing community RL in London and the South East.

acer101

Back to top Go down

Post by Steel Sat 14 Sep 2024, 10:40 pm

Jeez I suppose somebody has to support Wigan 😂was a strange one last night they had home fans in our away end area, said it was the family stand now very odd place to put them.

I like London it’s a good away day, absolute travesty if they get relegated and finish above hull due to this controversial grading system, I’d rather see us go to 14 teams and they remain and build.

Steel

Back to top Go down

Post by Tacos&Tequila Sun 15 Sep 2024, 1:25 pm

Hola! Sorry for my absence, was vacationing with the family before back to school but I have been working on an RP whilst the sun rises. It's football Sunday so always a good time to be alive. Is everyone ok? I have caught on the PPV, man that was a good one.

Tacos&Tequila

Uryu Ishida, Bentyf1 and acer101 like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Bentyf1 Sun 15 Sep 2024, 4:03 pm

Jeff! sup dude, hope you had a good break. Looking forward to seeing your work adding more great stuff with the boys Smile

Bentyf1

Back to top Go down

Post by Uryu Ishida Sun 15 Sep 2024, 4:06 pm

Tacos&Tequila wrote:Hola! Sorry for my absence, was vacationing with the family before back to school but I have been working on an RP whilst the sun rises. It's football Sunday so always a good time to be alive. Is everyone ok? I have caught on the PPV, man that was a good one.

yeah im good, got a promo up just now. you were mentioned on the latest podcast if you wanna listen to 2 brits babbling for 2 hours Smile

Uryu Ishida

Back to top Go down

Post by Bentyf1 Sun 15 Sep 2024, 5:55 pm

Promo up!

It's the Genesis awakening baybeee with a sing along! absoultely loving this so much haha, cheers Steve!

Bentyf1

Back to top Go down

Post by Bentyf1 Mon 16 Sep 2024, 11:36 am

Morning morning

How are we all? excellent promos so far by the boiss, looking forward to Proving grounds! feeling hungry for the show already

Bentyf1

Back to top Go down

Post by JJJohnson Mon 16 Sep 2024, 4:12 pm

Lads

Echo Ed's sentiments on the promo levels right now. Everyone is raising the bar. Think Cult came out with a cracker for Masters there which keeps me on my toes. The whole Genesis' Boys shtick is never something I imagined but I'm a big fan of how you have turned it into your own thing mate. Think that is important because there is clear distinction for me from the Lex Hart Genesis and the Eddy Kent Genesis.

Steel-Reilly is becoming generational, right? I feel like those styles are just perfect and we are looking at a feud for the ages. Really Cena-Orton '09 vibes for me on that.

I could wax lyrical on you all because it is a pleasure to be a part of what everyone is creating right now.

Small QOTD: With my own style of booking/shows I have made use of matches with characters who have no handler. Liam Wood had a whole 3-4 month feud against EWF where he worked wonders.

The question is, if you had a match on a weekly show against someone not active on the roster...would it affect you? Would you be disappointed or would it make you not promo? Liam took losses in order to develop a story but I'm not sure it is for everyone.

The reason I ask is because we are a smallish roster (20-25 characters all told) and you don't want to have the same matches every week or overdo big matches that will be on a PPV show in the future. We don't have "jobbers" but obviously in WWE/AEW it is easier to amass a win record because they have stars going up against other talent who aren't in storylines etc. I think sometimes we end up with a lot of 50-50 booking because you want to keep a feud fresh or everyone happy but it isn't always realistic.

Like you might want to book Acer vs JJ Johnson (for example, doesn't mean it's happening Laugh) and you want both men to go into the PPV on a hot streak. But currently that means they need 4-5 wins over other top guys in the fed whereas in a real life situation they'd be knocking off some of the lower card.

This is very much a stream of consciousness message but I hope you all get the gist Laugh

JJJohnson
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Lee Mon 16 Sep 2024, 4:17 pm

Wouldn't bother me, I'd be DMing a bit to check I wasn't overstepping any marks but sure. Back and forth or fancy vignette style are both fun. Plus I always assume no one's reading my promos anyway lol thumbsup

Lee

http://www.behance.net/gallery/Lee-Killeen-Portfolio/4127373

Back to top Go down

Post by DP Mon 16 Sep 2024, 4:50 pm

Doesn't bother me at all!

DP

Back to top Go down

Post by Perfect Jack Mon 16 Sep 2024, 6:23 pm

QOTD: I think part of the appeal of participating in a efed is the promos, the back and forths with others and reading other people's promos and their stories. If it was short term then I wouldn't mind it but it wouldn't be my preference for it to be a long term thing and I get people can stop posting at the drop of a hat because at the end of the day this is a hobby and something past the time while at work/home/travelling and real life does come first.

I've never had a problem with losing as long as it makes sense or progresses a story in a reasonable fashion because for me even in a defeat there's always been something to look forward to afterwards, like does manor of the loss affect my character in any way? Has there been a betrayal or a face/heel turn after or during the match? As long as there was something I could use in a promo for next week's show then I'm ok with the booking direction of the Perfect Jack character.

Perfect Jack

Back to top Go down

Post by Lee Mon 16 Sep 2024, 6:47 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

For those who read my promo, this is something like what Logan's warpaint is like. Just messy and no actual atemp to make it neat cos he's a looney tune lol

Just wanted to draw it tbh

Lee

http://www.behance.net/gallery/Lee-Killeen-Portfolio/4127373

JJJohnson, Bentyf1 and x12x like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by x12x Mon 16 Sep 2024, 7:18 pm

QOTD: my answer is obvious but I’m hopefully proof that it can work…all someone needs is direction and it can be a lot of fun.

One thing I liked when promoing on my own was knowing I could talk about ending careers and it actually happening. Made Wood feel dangerous and also helped show he meant what he was saying.

x12x

Back to top Go down

Post by Bentyf1 Mon 16 Sep 2024, 7:29 pm

Cheers Steve mate! Trying to create something a little different and just having fun to be honest! have an image of Kent as Homelander/Reigns currently and just having a blast. Love thinking of Genesis as the seven from the boys. Feel very lucky to be in full control of your baby, thank you for the honour! hope you're enjoying it and I hope everyone is love to hate Genesis also with Daddy Kent  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

In answer to your QOTD, I honestly am cool in whatever you need to do bud. It's all good, I think in some cases having a character every now and then sit out a show isn't a bad thing either for storyline development etc, from a selfish point of view for a minute, if Kent for example wasn't invovled in the next show it's calm because it could still open up more room for character development etc really exploring what makes him tick adding more layers to the next time he's doing a promo or in the ring. I think these days also in wider wrassling you have so many options for promos anyways, it doesn't have to be in one place it could be anywhere. It's all for a brilliant storyline that everyone enjoys and as long as we're having fun it's all that matters really

Bentyf1

Back to top Go down

Post by Steel Mon 16 Sep 2024, 7:55 pm

Evening Gents.

QOTD: I’m more than happy to go up against a previous character with no current handler or some new character developed for that purpose, similar sentiment to the others don’t always have to do the B&F and can explore some other alternatives.

Steel

Back to top Go down

Post by Bentyf1 Mon 16 Sep 2024, 8:04 pm

Sup Paul, how are we fella?

Bentyf1

Back to top Go down

Post by Steel Mon 16 Sep 2024, 8:13 pm

Evening Ed, all good fella, how’s you? Loving the Genesis promos you’ve been doing lately man, been very good.

Steel

Bentyf1 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Bentyf1 Mon 16 Sep 2024, 9:38 pm

Good to hear you’re well Paul, yeah can’t grumble here mate. Surviving!

Appreciate that dude, just having a good time! I think I mentioned on a feedback thread for BFB how much I’m loving seeing this side of steel and what you’re doing with him. Do you feel as if this extreme side of him is what was born from the war with Bluey? It’s like a transformation from a movie! In my head I always had steel as a clean cut tough face but the extra dimension you’ve added with him in xtreme has been brilliant bud, while retaining him as a face, very cool

Maybe down the road we will see Dragon vs Steel again? But the other options of Daniel Reilly vs Steel is equally as badass!

Bentyf1

Steel likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Steel Mon 16 Sep 2024, 10:01 pm

That’s all we can all ask for really ha, even if our footballs teams try get in the way of that harmony 😂

Cheers dude, I think the characters always had the tendency to be Xtreme, like when he set Cerberus face on fire. Just exploring it more this time, my view is he just had enough of coming up short, so is embracing more the darker side of himself to give him that extra push. I can’t take all the credit either I’m just trying to build on how he’s being portrayed in the shows.

Who knows mate I’m just happy to be along for the ride and see where we end up, had great fun against dragon and the promos with Dan we just seem to click really enjoy that challenge. Maybe one day it leads to Steel and Kent which we’ve never really done a real programme of before, look forward to that.

Steel

Bentyf1 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by BlueDragon1205 Mon 16 Sep 2024, 11:04 pm

Nice Promo Lee, ah sh1t bouda get real son!!

Nice one Steel and the other too. All round, smashing effort gang. 

As for the QOTD Steve:

Honestly it doesn't bother me if you have need or cause to use characters without handlers, the only issue I could forsee is if the guys where to come back and not be happy about it, but to be fair, that's not our problem, if they never come back then they will never know and if they do then it shows that their character was memorable enough to be used.

In terms of losing to a character with no handler, it makes no real difference, every win and every loss here matters, as in it can all make our characters who they are and give them purpose. So why should it matter where that experience comes from, either way we can use that to our advantage. Maybe if you decided to have, I dunno... Scorpion, return and run rough sh1t burying people all over with no real reason to it, then that may be a bit much. But let's be honest, we all know you well enough to know that if that was to happen, it would be for a reason and to further something else for one or all of us.

Right I'll get out your arse now Steve... Haha
BlueDragon1205
BlueDragon1205

Back to top Go down

Post by Uryu Ishida Tue 17 Sep 2024, 5:34 am

per JJ's QOYD as i've only just read it.

I am not the greatest fan of promoing against a wall so to speak. I work best when im pushed back by someone. I mean, if theres a clear story I can work with i have somewhere to go but if its not blatently obv to me i'd just be spinning my wheels. Yeah it can open new avenues for me but with how I am and how I write its not ideal.

Uryu Ishida

Back to top Go down

Post by JJJohnson Tue 17 Sep 2024, 8:20 am

Appreciate the feedback lads. Can see that it isn't for everyone but happy that it can be made use of from time to time with weekly shows. It is unlikely anyone would ever be placed in a long term feud with a character without a handler (unless maybe an authority figure where I would help with promos). Unless for a storyline of your own design, similar to what Liam did with EWF. That was a story he worked on and really helped add layers to the character. If anyone ever wants to do anything like that then please drop me a message.

Also building off what Ed mentioned - being in a match every show? Back in the early days of 6WF you had two shows a week (madness looking back) and you knew you would definitely be on either Shutdown or Lockdown, sometimes both. Now with the shows every 10 days it feels more necessary to have everyone in a match so they don't get bored but I am inclined to agree that sometimes, especially to build stories, it would help to not have everyone competing.

I have always said everyone will be involved and I stand by that whether in-ring, a vignette or something to build a story but what is the general consensus on not having a match from time to time?

JJJohnson
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Steel Tue 17 Sep 2024, 9:38 am

Morning mate,

Certainly doesn’t bother me not having a match every single week, as you mention the weeks it has happened it’s not like the character isn’t involved in the show. Wouldn’t make me less inclined to put up a promo for that show.

Steel

Back to top Go down

Post by Uryu Ishida Tue 17 Sep 2024, 10:14 am

Steel wrote:Morning mate,

Certainly doesn’t bother me not having a match every single week, as you mention the weeks it has happened it’s not like the character isn’t involved in the show. Wouldn’t make me less inclined to put up a promo for that show.

agree with this, also if you listened to the podcast, we are all doing this after this weeks show! Smile

Uryu Ishida

Back to top Go down

Post by JJJohnson Tue 17 Sep 2024, 3:05 pm

Antonio "Big Tone" Moncinelli is coming.

A sadistic, yet comedic, hybrid of Tony Soprano meets Joey Tribbiani. How you doin'?

Tony Monk
The Monk Man
The Monky Tonk Man
Got Monk

You all know this makes fantastic sense Laugh

JJJohnson
Admin
Admin

Bentyf1 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by JJJohnson Tue 17 Sep 2024, 3:19 pm

CM Monk

JJJohnson
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by DP Tue 17 Sep 2024, 3:21 pm

Are you off your bonce on lucozade again mate?

DP

Marky likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by JJJohnson Tue 17 Sep 2024, 3:24 pm

Potentially Laugh

But the character is legit. Properly world championship material (says the booker).

JJJohnson
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by JJJohnson Tue 17 Sep 2024, 3:32 pm

Monk & Mindy
Uptown Monk
Gonna take you to "Monky" town. Honestly this is gonna bang Laugh

JJJohnson
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by JJJohnson Tue 17 Sep 2024, 3:36 pm

Monkle Fester Laugh

JJJohnson
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by BlueDragon1205 Tue 17 Sep 2024, 4:41 pm

Steve, you on the stripes again lad?
BlueDragon1205
BlueDragon1205

Back to top Go down

Post by Bentyf1 Tue 17 Sep 2024, 5:51 pm

Sounds cool Steve! Looking forward to how the character develops bud. I’m sure you’ll have fun mixing Soprano and tribbiani!

Bentyf1

Back to top Go down

Post by Marky Tue 17 Sep 2024, 7:31 pm

Steve on the cough medicine again

Marky

Back to top Go down

Post by President Trump Yesterday at 8:21 am

Steve obviously has too much time on his hands........

President Trump

Back to top Go down

Post by JJJohnson Yesterday at 8:31 am

I do 12 hour shifts and I’d say 80% of the time I have 6-7 hours a day with nothing to do Laugh

JJJohnson
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Bentyf1 Yesterday at 10:41 am

Morning morning! 

Welcome Angus!

Bentyf1

Back to top Go down

Post by Steel Yesterday at 11:12 am

Morning,

Indeed welcome Angus, excellent promo.

Show day tomorrow, any interesting predictions?

Steel

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 10 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 9, 10, 11  Next