The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

6CWF Chat V2

+13
Steel
DanielReilly
acer101
Uryu Ishida
JJJohnson
x12x
Marky
Perfect Jack
gazzyD
President Trump
Lee
BlueDragon1205
Bentyf1
17 posters

Page 11 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11

Go down

6CWF Chat V2 - Page 11 Empty 6CWF Chat V2

Post by Bentyf1 Sun Jul 07, 2024 7:55 pm

First topic message reminder :

Fellas! How are we all? Good weekend?

Nearly done my promo, looking forward to adding it to the amazing work going up Very Happy

Bentyf1

Back to top Go down

6CWF Chat V2 - Page 11 Empty Re: 6CWF Chat V2

Post by JJJohnson Yesterday at 11:17 am

Angus, top work mate. Gonna be a great addition to the roster.

Not appreciating the lack of love for Tony Monk, however Laugh

JJJohnson
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by DP Yesterday at 11:43 am

JJJohnson wrote:Angus, top work mate. Gonna be a great addition to the roster.

Not appreciating the lack of love for Tony Monk, however Laugh

I'm still convinced you're having some sort of episode!

DP

Back to top Go down

Post by Bentyf1 Yesterday at 1:36 pm

Steel wrote:Morning,

Indeed welcome Angus, excellent promo.

Show day tomorrow, any interesting predictions?

Miss Jessica being lovely as ever. We need more 6CWF duets by the way

Bentyf1

Back to top Go down

Post by acer101 Yesterday at 5:03 pm

JJJohnson wrote:Lads

Echo Ed's sentiments on the promo levels right now. Everyone is raising the bar. Think Cult came out with a cracker for Masters there which keeps me on my toes. The whole Genesis' Boys shtick is never something I imagined but I'm a big fan of how you have turned it into your own thing mate. Think that is important because there is clear distinction for me from the Lex Hart Genesis and the Eddy Kent Genesis.

Steel-Reilly is becoming generational, right? I feel like those styles are just perfect and we are looking at a feud for the ages. Really Cena-Orton '09 vibes for me on that.

I could wax lyrical on you all because it is a pleasure to be a part of what everyone is creating right now.

Small QOTD: With my own style of booking/shows I have made use of matches with characters who have no handler. Liam Wood had a whole 3-4 month feud against EWF where he worked wonders.

The question is, if you had a match on a weekly show against someone not active on the roster...would it affect you? Would you be disappointed or would it make you not promo? Liam took losses in order to develop a story but I'm not sure it is for everyone.

The reason I ask is because we are a smallish roster (20-25 characters all told) and you don't want to have the same matches every week or overdo big matches that will be on a PPV show in the future. We don't have "jobbers" but obviously in WWE/AEW it is easier to amass a win record because they have stars going up against other talent who aren't in storylines etc. I think sometimes we end up with a lot of 50-50 booking because you want to keep a feud fresh or everyone happy but it isn't always realistic.

Like you might want to book Acer vs JJ Johnson (for example, doesn't mean it's happening Laugh) and you want both men to go into the PPV on a hot streak. But currently that means they need 4-5 wins over other top guys in the fed whereas in a real life situation they'd be knocking off some of the lower card.

This is very much a stream of consciousness message but I hope you all get the gist Laugh

Who wants JJ vs Acer? 😂😂😂

I think using ownerless characters makes sense. Can’t have the active guys against each other week after week after week, otherwise everyone’s having a record of WLWLWL or LLLLLL (may put people off). So to help progress stories I think using “unwanted” characters is the way to go. Shotgun facing River Ace first 😂

acer101

Marky likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by acer101 Yesterday at 5:06 pm

JJJohnson wrote:Appreciate the feedback lads. Can see that it isn't for everyone but happy that it can be made use of from time to time with weekly shows. It is unlikely anyone would ever be placed in a long term feud with a character without a handler (unless maybe an authority figure where I would help with promos). Unless for a storyline of your own design, similar to what Liam did with EWF. That was a story he worked on and really helped add layers to the character. If anyone ever wants to do anything like that then please drop me a message.

Also building off what Ed mentioned - being in a match every show? Back in the early days of 6WF you had two shows a week (madness looking back) and you knew you would definitely be on either Shutdown or Lockdown, sometimes both. Now with the shows every 10 days it feels more necessary to have everyone in a match so they don't get bored but I am inclined to agree that sometimes, especially to build stories, it would help to not have everyone competing.

I have always said everyone will be involved and I stand by that whether in-ring, a vignette or something to build a story but what is the general consensus on not having a match from time to time?

Two shows a week, what idiot came up with that? 🙄.

Would help explain my terrible A Level results tho - too much time writing, not enough time revising!

acer101

Back to top Go down

Post by Uryu Ishida Today at 5:56 am

showday! the one day every 10 days we see if JJ switches from Lucazade to Monster

Uryu Ishida

Back to top Go down

Post by Steel Today at 7:55 am

That it is mate, looking forward to it should be a cracker.

Steel

Back to top Go down

Post by JJJohnson Today at 12:49 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

And there we go. PMs open as ever. Hope you all enjoy. Plenty to go through right there. Born in Fire season has begun.

JJJohnson
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 11 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11