The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

+7
Pal Joey
JuliusHMarx
McLaren
navyblueshorts
super_realist
Duty281
JAS
11 posters

Page 6 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Go down

Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread - Page 6 Empty Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

Post by JAS Thu Jul 04, 2024 4:36 pm

First topic message reminder :

super_realist wrote:Anyone fancy taking a sweep on when Labour are going to say "we've looked at the books, and it's worse than we thought, so we have to raise taxes"

Well...if Starmer hasn't done it by Friday 6:00pm it'll have to wait until next week :-p

JAS

Back to top Go down

Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread - Page 6 Empty Re: Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

Post by Duty281 Yesterday at 3:53 pm

navyblueshorts wrote:
Duty281 wrote:
navyblueshorts wrote:
Duty281 wrote:
navyblueshorts wrote:
Duty281 wrote:Seems a standard sentence, unfortunately. Personally, I'd lock those sorts of people up and never release them. They're a clear danger to children.

The court heard from a forensic psychosexual therapist that there was a “tangible risk” of suicide

Fingers crossed.
You're quite a nasty individual when you put your mind to it, aren't you?

Yeah, I am quite nasty to child abusers/people who get off on children being abused.
Must be nice in your black & white world.

Don't tell me. I should care about the feelings of nonces like Edwards? They should be rehabilitated and brought back into society's tender grasp?
Of course. If you believe in justice, as opposed to vengeance. You do, don't you? It's more than just his feelings though, isn't it? You can't begin to admit that what he's been involved with might just have been a little bit to do with his medically confirmed mental health issues at the time this occurred. If you did admit that was part of it, and might be mitigation re. any sentencing, you'd be angry about it because you'd have to admit it to yourself and adopt a less Biblical vengeance-based view of him, wouldn't you? Can't have that. Much easier to be Old Testament vengeful.

Here's a nasty little thought for you (and others) to consider:

Societies make arguable definitions re. the age before which one is considered a legal minor. Human biology means that male and female humans can procreate from 11-12 years of age.

People naturally gain sexual gratification, or lust after, differing ethnicities, body shapes/features, genders.

Accepting everything re. consent in any relationship, is it time societies grew up a bit more and considered that what's currently considered as paedophilia might just perhaps be a part of the normal human condition? If so, how should it be managed in society?

What medically confirmed health issues? Just because someone's depressed or whatever doesn't give a license to do what he did. It's just common nonsense trotted out for mitigation.

In terms of vengeful, it's not really about vengeance, in this case. It's about protecting children and vulnerable boys from people like Edwards. While Edwards is free to walk the streets, people are at risk. Is Edwards' liberty worth this risk to his potential victims? Not for me.

As for your last question, consent and such is generally governed by an idea of mental maturity, not by the time that someone has reached physical puberty. If some adult sicko lusts over an 11-12 year old, well as long as they keep it to themselves and don't act upon it, then no harm, no foul. But if they act upon it, they deserve the full force of a proper justice system. That's how it should be managed. Is your view different?

As a side note, paedophilia is a sexual attraction to pre-pubescent children, and I don't think can be considered part of the normal human condition. But I think you knew that, because you put currently considered as paedophilia, which is where the media and wider society generally don't differ between hebephilia and paedophilia.

Duty281

Location : I wouldn’t want to be faster or greener than now if you were with me; O you were the best of all my days

Back to top Go down

Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread - Page 6 Empty Re: Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

Post by super_realist Today at 10:50 am

navyblueshorts wrote:
super_realist wrote:
McLaren wrote:https://www.theguardian.com/media/2024/sep/16/huw-edwards-in-court-after-admitting-accessing-indecent-images-of-children

Seems lenient.

Very lenient, seems being a nonce is considered far less serious than making a Facebook post or shouting at a Police Horse.
I do agree with this, but presumably the relevant judges in each of these cases was applying sentencing policy as laid out in law?

There is no law where shouting at a police horse/dog carries a custodial sentence and nor should there be.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Today at 10:56 am

JAS wrote:
McLaren wrote:
super_realist wrote:
JAS wrote:
super_realist wrote:
McLaren wrote:https://www.theguardian.com/media/2024/sep/16/huw-edwards-in-court-after-admitting-accessing-indecent-images-of-children

Seems lenient.

Very lenient, seems being a nonce is considered far less serious than making a Facebook post or shouting at a Police Horse.

Typical Muskish generalisation, there’s a MASSIVE difference between a Facebook post wishing somebody a happy birthday and a facebook post filled with hate and/or inciting a riot.
Incidentally, do you think shouting at a horse is normal?

Shouting at a horse isn't normal, but it shouldn't carry a custodial sentence.
Some of the sentences, (two tier of course from Kier) were frankly laughable for such trivial things. People have gone to jail for not paying a TV licence, yet a nonce gets off. The way the BBC reported it was also poor, going on about his "vulnerabilities" which only appeared conveniently when he was caught and useless BBC head Tim Davey saying "I can't see him working at the BBC again" well done Poirot.

How many pro Palestine protestors who have broken the law have been banged up? Notting Hill Carnival criminals, Manchester Airport thugs?  Mmm.
Crony Kier isn't exactly getting off to a good start.

And remember Hillary Clinton runs a pedophile ring.

Super, Starting from the middle of a swamp does make it harder to get any early traction but even I would agree that he’s made a bad start by picking the “wrong” target in pensioners, he should have gone for the Super rich to fill the immediate black hole.

Mac, not rebutting your claim but with allegations like that it’s probably useful to also supply credible evidence to validate the assertion

Cuckold Kier getting even worse by being revealed as the MP with the highest amount of cronyism donations.
109k in 5 years and this is a man who claims he wanted to "get rid of cronyism" and he has doubled down that hell continue to accept them.
Had this been a right wing MP, you can imagine Labour would be over it.
Furthermore Rachel Reeves has received over £4000 in heating bills in five years.
This government has gone into negative approval ratings faster than any government in history.
It really does seem that this nanny state government is going to be even worse than the Tories, and we haven't even got to the October budget yet, where they "will not raise taxes for working people" Right.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Today at 11:45 am

navyblueshorts wrote:
super_realist wrote:Jas, the evil, right wing MSM Sun, the most widely sold print media in the UK backed Labour in the most recent election.
The Times also backed Labour.
Independent also isn't a right wing newspaper. Therefore, the print media isn't ALL right wing is it? In fact it's nowhere near it.

Who reads newspapers anyway? Can't remember the last time I bought one.
The Sun didn't back Labour; Murdoch did, because he could see Labour winning and needs to keep doing his thing. Ditto The Times because guess what? It's owned by Murdoch. He's backing the winner; nothing to do with/ his own politics or political beliefs.

https://www.bbc.com/news/articles/cd1751vv0z7o

Wrong yet again Navy, unless of course your precious BBC is lying again, which could be possible.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6