The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

+7
Pal Joey
JuliusHMarx
McLaren
navyblueshorts
super_realist
Duty281
JAS
11 posters

Page 2 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread - Page 2 Empty Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

Post by JAS Thu 04 Jul 2024, 4:36 pm

First topic message reminder :

super_realist wrote:Anyone fancy taking a sweep on when Labour are going to say "we've looked at the books, and it's worse than we thought, so we have to raise taxes"

Well...if Starmer hasn't done it by Friday 6:00pm it'll have to wait until next week :-p

JAS

Back to top Go down

Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread - Page 2 Empty Re: Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

Post by navyblueshorts Mon 15 Jul 2024, 11:05 am

super_realist wrote:If Biden hadn't already all bit guaranteed a Trump presidency, the moronic shooter now has.
Possibly, but I think they're so polarised over there it'll make little difference except might ensure more already pro-Trump voters now actually vote.
navyblueshorts
navyblueshorts

Back to top Go down

Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread - Page 2 Empty Re: Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

Post by super_realist Mon 15 Jul 2024, 11:39 am

Maybe. I can't really see either of these men being alive after the next term.
Biden is obviously going to be dead and Trump despite being a bit younger is a fat b**tard and they rarely make it to their 80's.

Not sure who Trump has as a potential VP, but the prospect of Kamalla Harris, a genuine imbecile and Olympic Level moron is a pretty terrifying prospect.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by McLaren Mon 15 Jul 2024, 11:58 am

Super

Why do you say that about Kamala?
McLaren
McLaren

Back to top Go down

Post by navyblueshorts Mon 15 Jul 2024, 12:20 pm

McLaren wrote:Super

Received wisdom?
navyblueshorts
navyblueshorts

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Mon 15 Jul 2024, 12:43 pm

Have you ever seen her Mac? Apart from the White House Press Secretary she is one of the worst communicators I have ever seen and is even less popular than both Trump and Biden and is the least popular VP in history.
She is a USELESS politician and was clearly just a DEI pick.

super_realist

Plunky likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Mon 15 Jul 2024, 12:55 pm

super_realist wrote:...and Trump despite being a bit younger is a fat b**tard and they rarely make it to their 80's.

Yeah, he's also a french fry away from dropping dead on one of his golf courses as well.

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by McLaren Mon 15 Jul 2024, 1:52 pm

super_realist wrote:

Have you ever seen her Mac? Apart from the White House Press Secretary she is one of the worst communicators I have ever seen and is even less popular than both Trump and Biden and is the least popular VP in history.

Would love to know what arguments you would use to back that up, but I know you will never provide them.
McLaren
McLaren

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Mon 15 Jul 2024, 1:58 pm

McLaren wrote:
super_realist wrote:

Would love to know what arguments you would use to back that up, but I know you will never provide them.

How about being responsible for jailing 1000's of Yanks for Cannabis use despite being a user herself in her past.
She is atrocious Mac.
Do you think she is an estimable politician or do you think she's haplessly useless? Have you never heard her speak Mac? She makes Tiger Woods sound like Stephen Fry.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by McLaren Mon 15 Jul 2024, 2:05 pm

Super

I've seen her on the news and stuff, she seems fine. You have clearly dug a lot deeper than me.
McLaren
McLaren

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Mon 15 Jul 2024, 2:13 pm

I've seen her on the news and stuff, she seems fine. You have clearly dug a lot deeper than me.

If you accept that the standard of US Politician is hysterically bad and that your expectations are suitably low then I'm sure she's brilliant.
This is a country that allows non politicians like Trump to be their leaders and who have retards like Karine Jean Pierre in public facing jobs like press secretary.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by McLaren Mon 15 Jul 2024, 2:30 pm

super_realist wrote:have retards like Karine Jean Pierre in public facing jobs like press secretary.

I assume you have an explanation for this?
McLaren
McLaren

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Mon 15 Jul 2024, 2:58 pm

McLaren wrote:
super_realist wrote:have retards like Karine Jean Pierre in public facing jobs like press secretary.

I assume you have an explanation for this?

If I was appointing a press secretary I want one who is articulate, can think on their feet, can answer questions without diverting and who isn't dishonest.
The White House Press Secretary is absolutely useless.

It seems that in the last 10 years both British and American politics have seriously downgraded their talent and the expectations of the people put in those positions.
US Politicians are especially low rent but you'd think they could get someone better than her, Harris, Trump , Biden etc wouldn't you?

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by McLaren Mon 15 Jul 2024, 6:36 pm

Super

Kamala and Pierre are perfectly competent. I really don't understand your problem with them?
McLaren
McLaren

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Tue 16 Jul 2024, 5:29 am

Kamala and Pierre are perfectly competent. I really don't understand your problem with them?

You need to watch more news Mac.
Kamala is kept in the background because she is a truly terrible communicator, and clearly not very bright.
Pierre is laughable. You need to watch her more. Her excusing and dodging of the questions around the obvious senility of Biden was reprehensible, dishonest and highly amateurish. I've seen graduates with no experience present better than she can. That's is her job, and she's useless at it.
She can't even maintain composure. Trying to pretend that Biden's performance is due to jetlag or a cold is just hysterical

If Harris is so competent, why does she have the lowest VP ratings in US history?.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by McLaren Tue 16 Jul 2024, 3:52 pm

Where do Kamala and Pierre rank in your idiot scale which I believe already includes Diane Abbott, Lewis Hamilton, Serena Williams, Tiger Woods and Raheem Sterling?
McLaren
McLaren

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Tue 16 Jul 2024, 4:20 pm

McLaren wrote:Where do Kamala and Pierre rank in your idiot scale which I believe already includes Diane Abbott, Lewis Hamilton, Serena Williams, Tiger Woods and Raheem Sterling?

Want to mention some white people i'm on record as saying are idiots too? Trump, Biden,  Steven Gerrard, , Greta Thunberg, Ben Shapiro, Gays Against Palestine, John Terry, Rebecca Long Bailey, Corbyn, McDonnell, Professional Northerner Rayner, Boris Johnson, Lorraine Kelly, Prince Harry, Benedict Cumberbatch, Emma Thompson etc?

I dont think Lewis Hamilton is an idiot, I just think he's a hypocrite, a brat and a twerp, hard to argue he isnt, ditto Serena Williams who is a bad sport  and a bad loser.
Raheem Sterling is just a typical classless footballer.

You can add also David Lammy to my list of people who I think are idiots who are also black, and Dawn Butler too.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by Duty281 Tue 16 Jul 2024, 4:21 pm

super_realist wrote:
McLaren wrote:Where do Kamala and Pierre rank in your idiot scale which I believe already includes Diane Abbott, Lewis Hamilton, Serena Williams, Tiger Woods and Raheem Sterling?

Want to mention some white people i'm on record as saying are idiots too? Trump, Biden,  Steven Gerrard, , Greta Thunberg, Ben Shapiro, Gays Against Palestine, John Terry, Rebecca Long Bailey, Corbyn, McDonnell, Professional Northerner Rayner, Boris Johnson, Lorraine Kelly, Prince Harry, Benedict Cumberbatch, Emma Thompson etc?

I dont think Lewis Hamilton is an idiot, I just think he's a hypocrite, a brat and a twerp, ditto Serena Williams who is a bad sport  and a bad loser.

You can add also David Lammy to my list of people who I think are idiots who are also black, and Dawn Butler too.

What about brown people who are idiots? There needs to be some equality here.

Duty281

Location : I wouldn’t want to be faster or greener than now if you were with me; O you were the best of all my days

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Tue 16 Jul 2024, 4:50 pm

Duty281 wrote:
super_realist wrote:

I dont think Lewis Hamilton is an idiot, I just think he's a hypocrite, a brat and a twerp, ditto Serena Williams who is a bad sport  and a bad loser.

What about brown people who are idiots? There needs to be some equality here.

Gordon Brown.

super_realist

navyblueshorts, I'm never wrong and Duty281 like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Duty281 Tue 16 Jul 2024, 5:20 pm

Never a frown with Gordon Brown.

Duty281

Location : I wouldn’t want to be faster or greener than now if you were with me; O you were the best of all my days

Back to top Go down

Post by JAS Wed 17 Jul 2024, 12:10 pm

super_realist wrote:

I dont think Lewis Hamilton is an idiot, I just think he's a hypocrite, a brat and a twerp, hard to argue he isnt, ditto Serena Williams who is a bad sport  and a bad loser.

Interesting stuff, can you expand on the precise difference between an idiot and a twerp? and does one trump the other if you think somebody is both or do we go down the road of iderp or twidiot?

JAS

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Wed 17 Jul 2024, 12:14 pm

I'd say an idiot was someone who is thick like Dianne Abbot and a twerp is someone who simply behaves objectionably like Greta Thunberg or Emma Thompson

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by JAS Wed 17 Jul 2024, 2:13 pm

super_realist wrote:I'd say an idiot was someone who is thick like Dianne Abbot and  a twerp is someone who simply behaves objectionably like  Greta Thunberg or Emma Thompson

Not quite the enlightenment I thought I might get but hey ho. So where would you file Liz Truss in your veritable Thesaurus of insults? sorry character descriptions?

JAS

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Wed 17 Jul 2024, 2:23 pm

Not around long enough to make a significant contribution to anything. 44 days was it? Inept I would say.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by McLaren Wed 17 Jul 2024, 2:25 pm

Super

It's getting dull hearing about who you think is an idiot. Could you give us a list of people who you think are intelligent and highly competent?
McLaren
McLaren

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Wed 17 Jul 2024, 2:37 pm

It's getting dull hearing about who you think is an idiot. Could you give us a list of people who you think are intelligent and highly competent?

A much more difficult thing to say, but it wasn't that long ago I was saying that I rate Michael Johnson, the ex American 200/400m runner as someone I admired, who speaks  a lot of common sense in regards to Athletics  and who was extremely good at his job (he's black Mac for your information)

I also recently listened to Geoff Norcott with Mark Steel on his podcast, two politically opposed people, but very good listening.

Idiots are simply more obvious

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by navyblueshorts Wed 17 Jul 2024, 3:36 pm

Duty281 wrote:Never a frown with Gordon Brown.
Hmm. Not sure I subscribe to this re. him. He frowned a lot and he was (mainly) Chancellor, so his job was to make everyone else frown!
navyblueshorts
navyblueshorts

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Fri 19 Jul 2024, 12:09 pm

Pathetic from UK Government issuing "extreme heat" warning for 30c. I really wish they'd stop ninnying us.
We go on holiday to get hotter temperatures than this.

super_realist

westisbest, Duty281 and ralphjohn69 like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Fri 19 Jul 2024, 2:44 pm

Looks like Biden is about to step down this weekend.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Fri 19 Jul 2024, 5:01 pm

super_realist wrote:Looks like Biden is about to step down this weekend.

He'll try to step down, but will fall over.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Fri 19 Jul 2024, 5:05 pm

super_realist wrote:Pathetic from UK Government issuing "extreme heat" warning for 30c. I really wish they'd stop ninnying us.

But only a yellow alert, which is only for vulnerable people. So it is probably ninnying you, but not the rest of us.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Fri 19 Jul 2024, 5:20 pm

JuliusHMarx wrote:
super_realist wrote:Pathetic from UK Government issuing "extreme heat" warning for 30c. I really wish they'd stop ninnying us.

But only a yellow alert, which is only for vulnerable people. So it is probably ninnying you, but not the rest of us.

Why would anyone need a warning for heat in the UK, especially 30c?
30c isn't very warm. It's similar to giving a warning that a coffee may be hot, cold tap might provide cold water or a dog sh1t might smell.
Why are they feeding people useless information they will simply find out for themselves, not as if there's any accountability to the government for the weather being warm or consequence if they don't warn. When has a "vulnerable person" ever been grateful or saved from anything from such a insipid warning?

"Thank goodness I got that warning of 30c, otherwise I might have died" said no one ever.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Fri 19 Jul 2024, 5:26 pm

super_realist wrote:
JuliusHMarx wrote:

Why would anyone need a warning for heat in the UK, especially 30c?
30c isn't very warm. It's similar to giving a warning that a coffee may be hot, cold tap might provide cold water or a dog sh1t might smell.
Why are they feeding people useless information they will simply find out for themselves, not as if there's any accountability to the government for the weather being warm or consequence if they don't warn. When has a "vulnerable person" ever been grateful or saved from anything from such a insipid warning?

"Thank goodness I got that warning of 30c, otherwise I might have died" said no one ever.

Probably because there are a couple of thousand heat-related deaths in the UK every year and an alert might just reduce that number by a few. I accept that you don't care if the number is reduced or not, and I don't exactly obsess over it either, but some people prefer fewer deaths.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Sat 20 Jul 2024, 6:25 am

There are many, many times more deaths through cold and there is no evidence that heat warnings "reduce" deaths.

If you're vulnerable to heat, you don't rely on a government warning and if you die when it gets to a lowly 30c, you certainly don't rely on the Government. You already know you've got serious problems. I bet virtually no one does due to it being 30c

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by navyblueshorts Sun 21 Jul 2024, 5:59 pm

JuliusHMarx wrote:

Laugh
navyblueshorts
navyblueshorts

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Sun 21 Jul 2024, 7:31 pm

navyblueshorts wrote:
JuliusHMarx wrote:

Laugh

Told you, stepped down before he died in office.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by JAS Mon 22 Jul 2024, 9:30 am

Sense finally prevailed, but unfortunately probably too late but we’ll see. However where do the Dems go now? Default to Harris? Or back to square one and have an accelerated selection process?

JAS

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Mon 22 Jul 2024, 10:05 am

JAS, if Harris isn't on the ticket they have to refund over $100m of campaign donations, also from a DEI perspective I can't see them replacing a black woman.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Mon 22 Jul 2024, 10:23 am

Soul Requiem wrote:

That announcement had a real detrimental effect on my life, what a pathetic human being you are. As someone who prides himself on being an intellectual, you're as thick as rocking horse ****, the UK unlike those holiday destination countries is not designed for high temperatures, it's baffling that you overlook something as simple as housing being built with winter in mind rather than summer.

It's 30c FFS, not exactly a "high temperature" is it? Why do you need a warning? Don't you just look at a weather forecast or look out of the window if you're compromised?
Can you honestly say that having a "warning" made a difference to what you were already able to glean for yourself through daily life and simply being alive? Not as if it went from 11c to 30c in five minutes.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by Soul Requiem Mon 22 Jul 2024, 10:28 am

super_realist wrote:
Soul Requiem wrote:

That announcement had a real detrimental effect on my life, what a pathetic human being you are. As someone who prides himself on being an intellectual, you're as thick as rocking horse ****, the UK unlike those holiday destination countries is not designed for high temperatures, it's baffling that you overlook something as simple as housing being built with winter in mind rather than summer.

It's 30c FFS, not exactly a "high temperature" is it? Why do you need a warning? Don't you just look at a weather forecast or look out of the window if you're compromised?
Can you honestly say that having a "warning" made a difference to what you were already able to glean for yourself through daily life and simply being alive? Not as if it went from 11c to 30c in five minutes.

It made no difference to my life whatsoever, that's the point.

Soul Requiem

Back to top Go down

Post by JAS Mon 22 Jul 2024, 4:07 pm

super_realist wrote:JAS, if Harris isn't on the ticket they have to refund over $100m of campaign donations, also from a DEI perspective I can't see them replacing a black woman.

Do they though? or do they just ask the donors if they'd like what's left of their monies re-used to support the new ticket with Mr or Ms xyz on it, would a new candidate even attract new finance anyway?. Either way the whole system of "Democracy" is an utter sham. It's not about letting voters decide on policy offerings (although that is how it is dressed up) it's all about "My donors and their vested interests can piss higher up the wall than your donors". and we self righteously criticise other regimes that haven't yet embraced the ever so monitised "Democratic process"

JAS

navyblueshorts likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Mon 22 Jul 2024, 4:21 pm

JAS wrote:
super_realist wrote:JAS, if Harris isn't on the ticket they have to refund over $100m of campaign donations, also from a DEI perspective I can't see them replacing a black woman.

Do they though? or do they just ask the donors if they'd like what's left of their monies re-used to support the new ticket with Mr or Ms xyz on it, would a new candidate even attract new finance anyway?. Either way the whole system of "Democracy" is an utter sham. It's not about letting voters decide on policy offerings (although that is how it is dressed up) it's all about "My donors and their vested interests can piss higher up the wall than your donors". and we self righteously criticise other regimes that haven't yet embraced the ever so monitised "Democratic process"

From what I have heard the money legally has to be returned, although there's probably as much ready to be donated now that Biden has been pushed off his perch.
Harris also can't take a Californian politician as running mate. She is useless though. She says some truly stupid and toe curlingly embarrassing things. Terrible orator, not very bright. Supposed to be in charge of immigration, never even been to the border.

American politics is certainly not Democratic, agree on that given that you can buy your way in, but on a similar note we don't get working class PMs in UK either and no matter if Starter tells us a billion times "his dad was a tool maker" I'm not fooled.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by McLaren Thu 25 Jul 2024, 2:53 pm

Super

I was listening to the latest News Agents USA podcast with Emily Maitlis and John Sopep, and the were discussing the term DEI, which I don't think I'd heard used like that until you did here.

They were saying to look out for it now that Harris has been nominated as it is a racist dog whilstle.
McLaren
McLaren

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Thu 25 Jul 2024, 5:40 pm

I was listening to the latest News Agents USA podcast with Emily Maitlis and John Sopep, and the were discussing the term DEI, which I don't think I'd heard used like that until you did here.

They were saying to look out for it now that Harris has been nominated as it is a racist dog whilstle.

She's a DEI pick Mac, Biden has admitted as much when he selected her as VP , same way as she's stated that she'll pick a white male as her running mate which is equally as racist.

Also racist when BBC or RAF  advertise jobs that can only be applied for by ethnic minorities or West End theatres staging a play for which only black people can buy tickets.
DEI is a racist policy, so don't blame me, I want the best person in all jobs, not just someone who ticks a race box or to fill a quota.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Fri 26 Jul 2024, 3:03 pm

Previously you said you would throw a CV in the bin if it specified pronouns. How can you want the best person for the job if you are not willing to evaluate all candidates on their ability to do the job?

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Fri 26 Jul 2024, 5:41 pm

JuliusHMarx wrote:Previously you said you would throw a CV in the bin if it specified pronouns. How can you want the best person for the job if you are not willing to evaluate all candidates on their ability to do the job?

If you're the sort of person who declares your pronoun your priorities are completely wrong.
Putting your pronouns on a CV is as stupid as putting your hobbies on. No one cares what your bloody pronouns are just like no one cares about your hobbies, secondary school results or home address.
Why would you ever put your pronouns on a CV?

super_realist

ralphjohn69 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Fri 26 Jul 2024, 6:25 pm

So you don't necessarily want the best person for the job. Fair enough, you could have said so before.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Sat 27 Jul 2024, 4:25 am

JuliusHMarx wrote:So you don't necessarily want the best person for the job. Fair enough, you could have said so before.

In what sort of way would the best person for a job be someone who declares pronouns? I work for one of the biggest companies in Europe. Never ever seen anyone declare a pronoun on even an email signature, because it's as stupid as putting your favourite football team, never ever seen anyone even do it in this country, perhaps the UK buys into that nonsense, but one of the countries ranked consistently higher as a place to live than both UK and USA doesn't use them, so why would anyone?
You see a lot of Gen Z planks do it in UK, but I'm not in the habit of hiring people with such limited experience and who worry about such things perhaps if I was hiring people to work in coffee shops or a university bookshop, thankfully I'm not.

super_realist

ralphjohn69 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Sat 27 Jul 2024, 12:09 pm

You work for one of the biggest companies in Europe? Yes, we know, you mention it all the time as if we're supposed to be impressed. I get get emails from the CIOs of some of the biggest companies in Europe and some of them use pronouns. I'm sure they'd be impressed by your dismissive attitude towards them.
Simply put, I'd hate to work with a jumped up jerk like you.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by JAS Sat 27 Jul 2024, 7:44 pm

super_realist wrote:
JuliusHMarx wrote:So you don't necessarily want the best person for the job. Fair enough, you could have said so before.

In what sort of way would the best person for a job be someone who declares pronouns? I work for one of the biggest companies in Europe. Never ever seen anyone declare a pronoun on even an email signature, because it's as stupid as putting your favourite football team, never ever seen anyone even do it in this country, perhaps the UK buys into that nonsense, but one of the countries ranked consistently higher as a  place to live than both UK and USA doesn't use them, so why would anyone?
You see a lot of Gen Z planks do it in UK, but I'm not in the habit of hiring people with such limited experience and who worry about such things perhaps  if I was hiring people to work in coffee shops or a university bookshop, thankfully I'm not.

To flip it round, how does declaring pronouns make someone somehow unfit for a given role that otherwise they might be highly skilled at?

What would you say your leadership style is Supes??

JAS

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Mon 29 Jul 2024, 9:30 am

Because JAS, if you are the sort of person that thinks that a pronoun declaration means anything to the operation of any company or that they give a toss about how you want to identify yourself then it shows a fundamental misunderstanding of how businesses operate and it shows a certain degree of self indulgence.
Anyone who has ever worked in any organisation knows that all these "values" that companies claim to live by are just lip service and just HR tick boxes. As soon as it fits their agenda things like "Care" just disappear.
Companies care about pertinent details, not about your stance on the preposterous gender ideology group think.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next