The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Carsley's England...for however long it lasts

+4
dummy_half
mountain man
GSC
Duty281
8 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Carsley's England...for however long it lasts - Page 2 Empty Carsley's England...for however long it lasts

Post by Duty281 Sat 07 Sep 2024, 6:13 pm

First topic message reminder :

Two nil up against Ireland at HT in the first Nations League game.

Duty281

Location : I wouldn’t want to be faster or greener than now if you were with me; O you were the best of all my days

Back to top Go down

Carsley's England...for however long it lasts - Page 2 Empty Re: Carsley's England...for however long it lasts

Post by GSC Wed 16 Oct 2024, 9:58 am

Mmm, I'm somewhat ambivalent. Remain unconvinced being an elite tactician is really much of a difference maker in international football. still will be nowhere to hide from that angle after the Southgate criticisms. 18 month contract suggests all sides go in knowing it's a marriage of convenience.

Maybe early for Carsley. His U21 work suggests there's a bit more there than the easy comparisons with Southgate.
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Carsley's England...for however long it lasts - Page 2 Empty Re: Carsley's England...for however long it lasts

Post by No name Bertie Yesterday at 4:35 am

JDizzle wrote:Brilliant appointment but also a very funny appointment - when he ends up playing a back 5 and more defensive players than Southgate did.
Southgate's defensive style of play got England to the precipice of winning a trophy. The issue was getting over the final hurdle when it was said that England needed something extra. So in this respect maybe Tuchel was a good choice. My personal view is that England are over-rated and over-achieved under Southgate. They may have some good players in certain positions but in other positions they seemed weak. However under Tuchel we will get to see. Having fit players with energy to spare is also important. End of season many players seem to be carrying knocks and fatigue.
No name Bertie
No name Bertie

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2