The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Worst act of humility after a fight?

+20
The genius of PBF
Young_Towzer
bellchees
The Galveston Giant
BALTIMORA
Sugar Boy Sweetie
AlexHuckerby
Atila
Valero's Conscience
no-mas
Super D Boon
coxy0001
Mind the windows Tino.
88Chris05
bhb001
Rowley
Union Cane
Scottrf
eddyfightfan
ONETWOFOREVER
24 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Worst act of humility after a fight? - Page 2 Empty Worst act of humility after a fight?

Post by ONETWOFOREVER Fri 22 Jul 2011, 1:16 pm

First topic message reminder :

For me it has to be Chavez total disregard for the accomplishment of Frankie Randell in their first fight. Randell put in 1 of the best performances I have ever seen and Chavez dismisses it. Randell knocks Chavez down for the first time in his career and Chavez dismisses it. It was a close fought fight yes but everything Chavez threw at Randell came back at him, plus Julio had 2 points deducted. After 89 fights you would think Chavez would have learned a little humbleness and humility.

ONETWOFOREVER

Back to top Go down

Worst act of humility after a fight? - Page 2 Empty Re: Worst act of humility after a fight?

Post by The genius of PBF Sat 23 Jul 2011, 9:27 pm

Young_Towzer wrote:
andygf wrote:
Atila wrote:After his defeat to Moorer all of a sudden Holyfield had a "heart condition", which miraculously cleared up well enough for him to so far fight on for another 17 years. I also remember him having a "virus" when he lost the third fight with Bowe and "cramps" of some kind when he lost to Lewis the first time.

The "heart condition" was the worst one though. Moorer got little credit for his win as everyone was saying how brave Holyfield was for fighting with a bad heart.
Atila, I mentioned the Holyfield/Moorer fight here not long ago, and expressed a similar sentiment.If Real Deal is a top ten atg for some, Moorer should get as bit more credit than he received. I think we all know why Holy had a heart problem diagnosed however..symptom of the roids(mods, this word could be haemarroids).
Both Lewis and Real Deal were graceless in victory, rarely giving the other guy credit,although Real Deal did concede the odd close decision in his biography.After the Rahman rematch Lewis immediately called him Has-Been (boom boom), and after the Vitali fight he was pretty rude in saying "Yeh, I'll fight him again and bust the other side of his face up".
My atg for excuse-making ,however, is STILL Oscar "I ate Some Dodgy Oysters" De La Hoya. Just like Ian Botham never remembers any of his poor batting displays,Oscar doesn't think he "lost" any fights,not really, and he had an army of powerful lawyers at hand to look into the judges' decision too.. .

In all fairness i thought Oscar won the Trinidad fight, the Mayweather fight, the 2nd Mosley fight, that's 3 fights, he is a terrific fighter anyway, regardless of them defeats.

Laugh Laugh Laugh Laugh Laugh

The genius of PBF

Back to top Go down

Worst act of humility after a fight? - Page 2 Empty Re: Worst act of humility after a fight?

Post by Young_Towzer Sat 23 Jul 2011, 9:31 pm

The genius of PBF wrote:
Young_Towzer wrote:
andygf wrote:
Atila wrote:After his defeat to Moorer all of a sudden Holyfield had a "heart condition", which miraculously cleared up well enough for him to so far fight on for another 17 years. I also remember him having a "virus" when he lost the third fight with Bowe and "cramps" of some kind when he lost to Lewis the first time.

The "heart condition" was the worst one though. Moorer got little credit for his win as everyone was saying how brave Holyfield was for fighting with a bad heart.
Atila, I mentioned the Holyfield/Moorer fight here not long ago, and expressed a similar sentiment.If Real Deal is a top ten atg for some, Moorer should get as bit more credit than he received. I think we all know why Holy had a heart problem diagnosed however..symptom of the roids(mods, this word could be haemarroids).
Both Lewis and Real Deal were graceless in victory, rarely giving the other guy credit,although Real Deal did concede the odd close decision in his biography.After the Rahman rematch Lewis immediately called him Has-Been (boom boom), and after the Vitali fight he was pretty rude in saying "Yeh, I'll fight him again and bust the other side of his face up".
My atg for excuse-making ,however, is STILL Oscar "I ate Some Dodgy Oysters" De La Hoya. Just like Ian Botham never remembers any of his poor batting displays,Oscar doesn't think he "lost" any fights,not really, and he had an army of powerful lawyers at hand to look into the judges' decision too.. .

In all fairness i thought Oscar won the Trinidad fight, the Mayweather fight, the 2nd Mosley fight, that's 3 fights, he is a terrific fighter anyway, regardless of them defeats.

Yahoo Yahoo Yahoo Yahoo Yahoo Yahoo Yahoo laughing

Young_Towzer

Back to top Go down

Post by BALTIMORA Sun 24 Jul 2011, 6:36 am

Add to this list of displays which showed a lack of humility...one Zab Judah vs Amity Khan.

Oh, and fellas if we're talking about De La Hoya fights where the result was wrong...Sturm, anyone?

BALTIMORA

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Sun 24 Jul 2011, 6:25 pm

Young_Towzer wrote:
The genius of PBF wrote:
Young_Towzer wrote:
andygf wrote:

Don't know what fight you're watching there Towzer Floyd beat him 8 rounds to 4 could POSSIBLY go for a draw as there was 2 close rounds but nothing I have seen leads me to believe Floyd was beaten having seen the fight 5 times, and twice very recently (It was a good fight)

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by Young_Towzer Sun 24 Jul 2011, 7:43 pm

AlexHuckerby wrote:
Young_Towzer wrote:
The genius of PBF wrote:
Young_Towzer wrote:
andygf wrote:

Don't know what fight you're watching there Towzer Floyd beat him 8 rounds to 4 could POSSIBLY go for a draw as there was 2 close rounds but nothing I have seen leads me to believe Floyd was beaten having seen the fight 5 times, and twice very recently (It was a good fight)

I thought de la Hoya won the fight, as i have said before, i've seen the fight a few times i thought he did the better work, I agree Baltimora, Sturm beat Oscar, Macklin battered Sturm though and never got the nod so it evens itself out.

Young_Towzer

Back to top Go down

Post by Imperial Ghosty Sun 24 Jul 2011, 7:45 pm

De La Hoya beat Mayweather, heard it all now

Imperial Ghosty

Back to top Go down

Post by Young_Towzer Sun 24 Jul 2011, 8:04 pm

Imperial Ghosty wrote:De La Hoya beat Mayweather, heard it all now
Aii, that's what i said 7 out of 10 for observation Laugh

Young_Towzer

Back to top Go down

Post by Imperial Ghosty Sun 24 Jul 2011, 8:25 pm

So Mayweather outlanded De La Hoya with more accurate sharper punches yet still lost?

Imperial Ghosty

Back to top Go down

Post by BALTIMORA Sun 24 Jul 2011, 8:49 pm

Imperial Ghosty wrote:So Mayweather outlanded De La Hoya with more accurate sharper punches yet still lost?

Good job for him the judges are so bent...

BALTIMORA

Back to top Go down

Post by Imperial Ghosty Sun 24 Jul 2011, 9:26 pm

No air of bias about that then and convenient you watched it yesterday as well

Imperial Ghosty

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Sun 24 Jul 2011, 9:32 pm

The truncated version of you are is you're not, and I fear I am repeating myself here, your. I can only help you if you want to help youselves chaps.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by Imperial Ghosty Sun 24 Jul 2011, 9:42 pm

Well you are both a Wum and biased so make of that what you will

Landing 112 punches of 587 compared to 207 of 481 really backs up the absolute tosh you just wrote

Imperial Ghosty

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Sun 24 Jul 2011, 10:00 pm

Young_Towzer wrote:
rowley wrote:The truncated version of you are is you're not, and I fear I am repeating myself here, your. I can only help you if you want to help youselves chaps.
being a wum is fairly sad, but then spelling yourselves as youselves makes you look a right walter doesn't it?

World of difference between a typo and an inability to use the appropriate word in a sentence. One is a reflection of an inability to type or a lack of interest in proof reading ones posts one is just being a bit on the thick side.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by Imperial Ghosty Sun 24 Jul 2011, 10:20 pm

Really shouldn't own the young boy like that Jeff, its like taking candy from a baby

Imperial Ghosty

Back to top Go down

Post by Scottrf Sun 24 Jul 2011, 10:31 pm

Everyone correcting grammar is making mistakes, not exactly the way to appear intelligent. Can we stick to the boxing.

Recent ones I can think of are Harrison's KO of Sprott and Maccarinelli-Frenkel.

Last edited by Scottrf on Sun 24 Jul 2011, 10:32 pm; edited 1 time in total

Scottrf

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 24 Jul 2011, 10:41 pm

I've moved some posts from here and I'm letting Windy call the shots in the morning with what to do about it.
If it was me I wouldn't hesitate in pressing the ban button.
In the meantime, cut out the insults.
Thanks.
YI

Back to top Go down

Post by Young_Towzer Sun 24 Jul 2011, 10:50 pm

Y I Man wrote:I've moved some posts from here and I'm letting Windy call the shots in the morning with what to do about it.
If it was me I wouldn't hesitate in pressing the ban button.
In the meantime, cut out the insults.
Thanks.
YI
You read the one above that's an insult where i went to school
Thanks
ST

Young_Towzer

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Sun 24 Jul 2011, 10:51 pm

Scottrf wrote:Everyone correcting grammar is making mistakes, not exactly the way to appear intelligent. Can we stick to the boxing.

Do you need a question mark?

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Location : Your knuckles whiten on the wheel. The last thing that Julius will feel, your final flight can't be delayed. No earth just sky it's so serene, your pink fat lips let go a scream. You fry and melt, I love the scene.

Back to top Go down

Post by BALTIMORA Sun 24 Jul 2011, 10:51 pm

I'm lost here. What's going on?

BALTIMORA

Back to top Go down

Post by Imperial Ghosty Sun 24 Jul 2011, 10:52 pm

Looks like i've been talking to myself like a right plonker now Gav

Last edited by Imperial Ghosty on Sun 24 Jul 2011, 10:53 pm; edited 1 time in total

Imperial Ghosty

Back to top Go down

Post by Scottrf Sun 24 Jul 2011, 10:52 pm

Mind the windows Tino. wrote:
Scottrf wrote:Everyone correcting grammar is making mistakes, not exactly the way to appear intelligent. Can we stick to the boxing.

No.

Scottrf

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Sun 24 Jul 2011, 10:53 pm

Scottrf wrote:

No.

Fair enough.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Location : Your knuckles whiten on the wheel. The last thing that Julius will feel, your final flight can't be delayed. No earth just sky it's so serene, your pink fat lips let go a scream. You fry and melt, I love the scene.

Back to top Go down

Post by BALTIMORA Sun 24 Jul 2011, 10:54 pm

Scottrf wrote:

No.

I think technically you do.

BALTIMORA

Back to top Go down

Post by Lumbering_Jack Sun 24 Jul 2011, 10:54 pm

BALTIMORA wrote:
Scottrf wrote:

No.

I think technically you do.

Yip, you do.

Lumbering_Jack

Back to top Go down

Post by Scottrf Sun 24 Jul 2011, 10:56 pm

No, I left it out to get my intended point across. I was making it clear the question is rhetorical rather than allow the reader to work it out for themselves.

Scottrf

Back to top Go down

Post by BALTIMORA Sun 24 Jul 2011, 10:57 pm

Scottrf wrote:No, I left it out to get my intended point across. I was making it clear the question is rhetorical rather than allow the reader to work it out for themselves.

Rhetorical questions still need a question mark. Clue's in the name...

BALTIMORA

Back to top Go down

Post by Scottrf Sun 24 Jul 2011, 10:59 pm

Interesting how much more interested people are in this than boxing.

Ghosty never finishes sentences with full stops, go and bore him rather than me.

Scottrf

Back to top Go down

Post by Young_Towzer Sun 24 Jul 2011, 10:59 pm

Surely if you want to go on a forum though slating people for grammar, find a grammar forum and compare?

Young_Towzer

Back to top Go down

Post by Lumbering_Jack Sun 24 Jul 2011, 10:59 pm

Scottrf wrote:No, I left it out to get my intended point across. I was making it clear the question is rhetorical rather than allow the reader to work it out for themselves.
Even a rhetorical questions needs a question mark.

Lumbering_Jack

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Sun 24 Jul 2011, 11:01 pm

Scottrf wrote:Interesting how much more interested people are in this than boxing.

Ghosty never finishes sentences with full stops, go and bore him rather than me.

Come on Scott, lighten up. You are normally a good sport on here. Bad day?

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by BALTIMORA Sun 24 Jul 2011, 11:01 pm

Young_Towzer wrote:Surely if you want to go on a forum though slating people for grammar, find a grammar forum and compare?

I'm sure you already know the answer to this...

BALTIMORA

Back to top Go down

Post by Scottrf Sun 24 Jul 2011, 11:04 pm

Scottrf wrote:Interesting how much more interested people are in this than boxing.

Not great, but not terrible. Just annoying how excited people get about mistakes and respond to that more often than the points people make.

Scottrf

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Sun 24 Jul 2011, 11:06 pm

Scottrf wrote:

Not great, but not terrible. Just annoying how excited people get about mistakes and respond to that more often than the points people make.

I am only messing around my friend. Lord knows I make enough idiotic mistakes on here to last a lifetime.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Scottrf Sun 24 Jul 2011, 11:07 pm

I know, I wasn't really offended.

Scottrf

Back to top Go down

Post by BALTIMORA Sun 24 Jul 2011, 11:08 pm

Scottrf wrote:

I think in this instance it's because the points (that Oscar really beat Mayweather) are guff.

BALTIMORA

Back to top Go down

Post by Scottrf Sun 24 Jul 2011, 11:10 pm

Fair enough. After looking at my original post I don't have much of a leg to stand on either.

Scottrf

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Sun 24 Jul 2011, 11:11 pm

BALTIMORA wrote:
Scottrf wrote:

I think in this instance it's because the points (that Oscar really beat Mayweather) are guff.

I am trying to avoid the boxing related points as last time I engaged Towzer in debate he accused me of being on Job Seekers Allowance and that my wife was my boss.

He was half right.......

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Imperial Ghosty Sun 24 Jul 2011, 11:12 pm

Any of Judahs losses usually result in a lack of respect and a host of excuses and to fire the point home i'll finish this sentence with a full stop.

Imperial Ghosty

Back to top Go down

Post by Lumbering_Jack Sun 24 Jul 2011, 11:12 pm

BALTIMORA wrote:
Scottrf wrote:

I am trying to avoid the boxing related points as last time I engaged Towzer in debate he accused me of being on Job Seekers Allowance and that my wife was my boss.

He was half right.......

I know, you couldn't possibly have a wife. Crazy comment... Whistle

Lumbering_Jack

Back to top Go down

Post by Imperial Ghosty Sun 24 Jul 2011, 11:14 pm

He's got a point there Tino most of us our bossed by our wifes.

Imperial Ghosty

Back to top Go down

Post by Lumbering_Jack Sun 24 Jul 2011, 11:16 pm

Imperial Ghosty wrote:He's got a point there Tino most of us our bossed by our wifes.

I've never understood men who get bossed around by women. Why allow youself to be dominated by someone who is inferior?

Lumbering_Jack

Back to top Go down

Post by licence_007 Sun 24 Jul 2011, 11:28 pm

Lumbering_Jack wrote:
Imperial Ghosty wrote:He's got a point there Tino most of us our bossed by our wifes.

I've never understood men who get bossed around by women. Why allow youself to be dominated by someone who is inferior?

Hells yeah laughing

licence_007

Back to top Go down

Post by GaryMabbuttYidLegend Mon 25 Jul 2011, 6:09 pm

I don't think it is that outrageous to score the ODH FMJ to ODH. It was a very close fight which could have gone either way. I scored it to Mayweather by a couple of rounds, but ODH won the first 5 or so rounds (if I remember rightly).

I thought ODH was robbed against Trinidad but received a gift decision against both Strum and Ike Quartey. I also thought he got the better of Mosley in the second fight.

Oscar has been involved in quite a lot of controversial decisions in his career one way or another.

GaryMabbuttYidLegend

Back to top Go down

Post by Imperial Ghosty Mon 25 Jul 2011, 6:28 pm

Have watched the fight numerous times and can't see how anyone could have De La Hoya winning, he won 3 rounds at most

Imperial Ghosty

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2