The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fantasy Aviva Premiership season 4 homepage

+8
pullthestrings
prop_lyd
Sgt_Pooly
Ozzy3213
SirJohnnyEnglish
LukeLovesLuka
dammit_chris
Driver
12 posters

Page 7 of 20 Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 13 ... 20  Next

Go down

Fantasy Aviva Premiership season 4 homepage - Page 7 Empty Fantasy Aviva Premiership season 4 homepage

Post by Driver Thu Sep 22, 2011 10:21 pm

First topic message reminder :

Fantasy Aviva Premiership season 4 homepage - Page 7 Aviva+Premiership+Logo
CAN SOMEONE DO THE LV TABLES FOR ME? TERRIBLE WITH CODING ON THESE THINGS

Fantasy Aviva Premiership season 4 homepage - Page 7 Aviva-Premiership-Trophy-e1306508139154
2010/2011 - Newcastle Falcons
2009/2010 - Saracens
2008/2009 - London Irish

Teams
Bath RFC
InTheFastLane
Exeter Chiefs Driver - RIP 606
Gloucester Anonmattyt
Harlequins
Steven_Sharks
Leicester Tigers
LukeLovesLuka
London Irish
stnick88
London Wasps
Arry
Newcastle Falcons
Sgt_Pooly
Northampton Saints
Dammit_Chris
Sale Sharks
SirJohnnyEnglish
Saracens
LDCPete
Worcester Warriors prop_lyd

Links
Rules
Fixtures
Aviva Premiership League Table
European Homepage
LV Cup homepage
Budgets
Domestic Confirmations
Transfer Homepage
Foreign Transfers
Press Releases

Waiting List
1. Sam
2. pullthestrings
3. Bathite

Last edited by Driver - RIP 606 on Sun Oct 16, 2011 1:31 pm; edited 3 times in total
Driver
Driver

Back to top Go down

Fantasy Aviva Premiership season 4 homepage - Page 7 Empty Re: Fantasy Aviva Premiership season 4 homepage

Post by Sgt_Pooly Sun Oct 02, 2011 3:14 pm

"I expected him to be rusty and then he was man
Of the match against USA."

Healy was MOTM against USA Matt

Sgt_Pooly

Back to top Go down

Fantasy Aviva Premiership season 4 homepage - Page 7 Empty Re: Fantasy Aviva Premiership season 4 homepage

Post by Guest Sun Oct 02, 2011 4:12 pm

Ireland look form horses in our side of the draw. I am in Germany from Wednesday and am furiously trying to find somewhere showing England game

Back to top Go down

Post by Sgt_Pooly Sun Oct 02, 2011 4:25 pm

They look great tbh, great pack.

First win of season!!! C'mon Falcons!!

Sgt_Pooly

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Oct 02, 2011 4:41 pm

Saw ferris on site I was looking at to be honest did not see the
Match. I had Healy as man of match today also. He has been best lh of tournament.

After rugby yesterday we were discussing player of tournament so far.

Names that came up were nonu, burger, dagg, smith, Fourie and Healy. For me nonu and kaino have been standout and would also
Have mentions for the list above and would add
Roussouw and kaino

Back to top Go down

Post by Sgt_Pooly Sun Oct 02, 2011 4:48 pm

Nonu and Kaino are right up there. Think the others have had off days. I'd throw in SOB, think he's amazing.

Playoffs will bring a different set I imagine or separate them a little.

Sgt_Pooly

Back to top Go down

Post by Ozzy3213 Sun Oct 02, 2011 4:50 pm

BDP also been excellent, just not had as much gametime due to PDV. Also Warburton been excellent as was Lobbe before injury.
Ozzy3213
Ozzy3213

Back to top Go down

Post by Steven_Sharks Sun Oct 02, 2011 5:04 pm

Warburton or Nonu for me.

Healy been Ireland's stand out player by far from the games I've seen.

Difficult to pick Englands best player. Maybe Haskell but he was awful on saturday. Perhaps Ashton or Foden

Steven_Sharks

Back to top Go down

Post by Sgt_Pooly Sun Oct 02, 2011 5:12 pm

Really tough picking a good England player out who's played well every game

Sgt_Pooly

Back to top Go down

Post by Steven_Sharks Sun Oct 02, 2011 5:16 pm

It really is. There are players who haven't played badly like Deacon, Croft, Foden etc but you'd hardly say they'd ripped teams to shreds either.

Steven_Sharks

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Oct 02, 2011 5:39 pm

For me I would go 1 nonu 2 kaino 3 would be burger/brussow and quite a few others.

Burger and brussow work so well together it's between them and Ireland for backrow balance of tournament. When read is back nz are a much better team.

Said before tournament that sa were my team if nz did not win it and i think nz will struggle. Cruden and slade not good enough to win a wc IMO. Especially with nz's 9 options. Half Backs dictate the game and nz have the worst of every team in the quarters

Back to top Go down

Post by Driver Sun Oct 02, 2011 5:51 pm

Anybody catch Wales vs Fiji? Scott Williams looks some talent , Wales back 3 great on the counter
Driver
Driver

Back to top Go down

Post by stnick88 Sun Oct 02, 2011 6:01 pm

think S.A back row edges it for me. All 3 on great form, so much power and Brussouw turnover ability is excellent.

stnick88

Back to top Go down

Post by stnick88 Sun Oct 02, 2011 6:15 pm

do i lose kirchner now as he has been called up?
likewise cruden for johnny?

also, teams that are knocked out, are those players now back with our squads?

stnick88

Back to top Go down

Post by Sgt_Pooly Sun Oct 02, 2011 6:20 pm

Yes, yes and yes mate

Sgt_Pooly

Back to top Go down

Post by 'Arry Sun Oct 02, 2011 6:27 pm

Gopperth showed just how important/fantastic a player he is for Newcastle today!

'Arry

Back to top Go down

Post by dammit_chris Sun Oct 02, 2011 7:47 pm

Blo oming Gopperth...

dammit_chris

Back to top Go down

Post by stnick88 Sun Oct 02, 2011 7:53 pm

great AP 10.

wasps on a slippery slope now!

i now have tonga'uhia, castrogiovanni, tagicakibau, stowers back, dont think it would be too wise to play any this week though.

stnick88

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Oct 02, 2011 7:55 pm

Nick give them 2 weeks. Travel and ferocity of wc is brutal. Castro looked injured today also

Back to top Go down

Post by stnick88 Sun Oct 02, 2011 7:59 pm

might ease them back in off the bench over next couple of weeks.
u see any of the glos v irish game matt? dawidiuk looks decent! trinder looked sharp too.

any QPR fans on here also? what a beautiful day it was at the cottage!

stnick88

Back to top Go down

Post by Sgt_Pooly Sun Oct 02, 2011 8:00 pm

I'd maybe do it on games played at WC, all 4 would be a killer and def need week or 2 off. Might get away with a couple tho

Sgt_Pooly

Back to top Go down

Post by stnick88 Sun Oct 02, 2011 8:11 pm

tagi played 3 of 4, stowers 4 of 4, castro i assume 4 of 4, not sure about tiny??

stnick88

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Oct 02, 2011 8:13 pm

to be fair nick we put out a weak side as Irish looked poor on paper. All my family went and many friends. Apparently joseph was excellent and gave trinder a lesson defensively and vice versa. We played may 12 and he is a 13 or back 3 so difficult. Diawaduik decent but not going to rip up trees.

Irish pack dreadful apparently. Harden and wood are great AP players with wood capable of England bench.

Your wc players have been in some brutal games hence rest. Dejongh for example could play week after as not played much

Back to top Go down

Post by stnick88 Sun Oct 02, 2011 8:22 pm

weak on paper? cheeky b astard! admitedly our front five was quite weak on paper with the exception of paice and kennedy. having a LH at TH in lahiff didnt help and wood destroyed him.

hala'ufia's tackle/headbutt charge on morgan was pretty brutal, could well be cited.

stnick88

Back to top Go down

Post by Steven_Sharks Sun Oct 02, 2011 8:41 pm

Wonder how many teams will go to Quins and score 41 points.

Reckon we will beat Gloucester next week. They're a different team on the road. Getting into some good form. Will have Lavea, Leota, Vernon, Ostrikov and Dickinson back soon aswell.

Steven_Sharks

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Oct 02, 2011 8:43 pm

Nick no cheekiness amazed at side we put out. My brother said Joseph was pure class and like guscott which is some praise.

We had Lewis and a few other starters on bench. Redpaths rotation is nuts. Wood best player for Gloucester this year. Has dismantled mujati and everyone else this year. We have 3 pushover/penalty tries since him
And harden are together.

Impressive

Back to top Go down

Post by stnick88 Sun Oct 02, 2011 9:00 pm

i know im only joking matt

joseph got compared to guscott on espn by someone as well, not sure who. ansbro will struggle to keep him out of the team. jj has a 100% tackle completion rate this season as well, best of the club ahead of garvey in 2nd i think.

stnick88

Back to top Go down

Post by stnick88 Sun Oct 02, 2011 9:03 pm

apparently tindall and wilko could miss france game. wouldnt bother me much if flood and hape come in.
also, surely delon wont be banned for that tackle on patterson? if he gets banned for that after cooper didnt for that knee on mccaw then it would be a joke

stnick88

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Oct 02, 2011 9:09 pm

I am a massive Gibson fan also. Think he has it all. He
May end up like Buxton ie one of the greatest Prem players you will see
But not that extra bit. Same as robshaw and many others. As a fan we don't see it but all coaches do. When Buxton got injured before his test debut I felt for him as a friend but more so as I knew he would never play again at that level.

There is also the layer of players who get a few caps and are unlucky to build on them. Jsd prime example. Most talented player in england. Had had injuries, illness and everything else to hinder England career. Forrester of Gloucester was another his retirement is the saddest of all. Such a player.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Oct 02, 2011 9:12 pm

If armitage banned you know that we as a nation are victimised. The Italian hookers gouge was pure accidental also.

I had similar yesterday. Found my hand in chaps eye whilst twisting him out of a maul when he was offside. Italian hooker was not even looking at healy

Back to top Go down

Post by Steven_Sharks Sun Oct 02, 2011 9:19 pm

Forrester is one of my favourite ever players. Absolutely brilliant to watch.

Joseph is a great player. Will have a England future i believe. I think Lowe will be one who will be a great Prem player but never picked for England.

Steven_Sharks

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Oct 02, 2011 9:26 pm

Lowe is great but does not have one attribute that is exceptional. A great allrounder and personally i think he may be a Saxon. Look at who else is
In that position jj, tuilagi, may , trinder, 36??, banahan, etc

Back to top Go down

Post by Steven_Sharks Sun Oct 02, 2011 9:34 pm

That is where his versitility may help him. England are pretty well stocked for potentially class 13's and he could well find joy at 12 or on the wing. I think Lowe would do well at 12 but with JTH it's unlikely he'd get an extended run there.

Steven_Sharks

Back to top Go down

Post by dammit_chris Sun Oct 02, 2011 9:43 pm

Can Joseph play at 12? We really need someone to partner Tuilagi, as for me he's been one of England's best players - Tindall isnt good enough creatively for him though, I hope that Johnson will be bold and opt to pick Wilkinson, Flood and Tuilagi midfield, with Flood having gk responsibilities. Tindall has to be benched for the French game, and if we can get two kicking midfielders against teh frogs then we will win by 6+

I bet Armitage gets a 2 week ban for the tackle, there has been so much off the ball stuff in this world cup and hardly any citings, if its a southern hemisphere citing official we are going to get screwed over big time.

dammit_chris

Back to top Go down

Post by Steven_Sharks Sun Oct 02, 2011 10:03 pm

I'd like to see Tuilagi at 12 in the long term with Farrell or Ford at 10.

Steven_Sharks

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Oct 02, 2011 10:09 pm

Tuilagi is a 13 has that outside break. Hope everyone who picked on his defence for Chris now thinks they were wrong. He is raw but immensely talented. I hope he can play 12 as jj, may and trinder are all international class. Rumour at glaws is may might end up a 12 due to his distribution or 15. Personally think he needs to learn a position. Disagree with oz playing Joc all over the place. Joc is the most talented player in world and think Aussies may be ruining him. He is a 12/13 for me

Back to top Go down

Post by dammit_chris Mon Oct 03, 2011 6:04 am

Yeah I was always amazed people picked on his defence, he's always been a beast in the tackle area and positionally very clever. It was his tackle on Lamont early in second half, which I think set the whole scene for the England comeback. We need to give him more ball in space though and he will destroy defences on his own - saw that Ashton was starting to read his runs, which could be massive for the rest of the tournament, to think Ashton is leading scorer and has hardly been passed the ball - think he is going to cause the frogs some trouble.

Everyone see that Armitage has been cited and banned for the French game?!? One match ban. Madness, rugby is a physical sport and the ref clearly saw the tackle in the game and didnt even think it warranted a penalty. Singling out English players again...

dammit_chris

Back to top Go down

Post by Sgt_Pooly Mon Oct 03, 2011 6:26 am

I used to pick on his defence as did a fair few others. He used to rush up on every line and pretty much have a 50% success rate. He'd look for the big tackle too much and get caught out positionly.

Haven't seen much of that lately though and it looks like it's been ironed out. He's been quality through the WC without doubt.

Sgt_Pooly

Back to top Go down

Post by dammit_chris Mon Oct 03, 2011 7:03 am

He rushed up in his first 5 games, then stopped doing it - look at how he played against Leinster in Heineken Cup. Trouble is I've noticed that in this game if someone does something once then they are picked up on it time and time again.

Anyone else think that Ben Youngs is in danger of being dropped? THe English management seem to have given him the Harry Ellis step - two steps before he passes the ball.

dammit_chris

Back to top Go down

Post by Sgt_Pooly Mon Oct 03, 2011 7:13 am

Can't see it. He's a game breaker and on his day best scrum half in world. He's still only a few games back from injury, we'd have lost Arg game but for Youngs.

It was a development through the season Chris with Manu. It was slowly ironed out of his game, your not the finished article after 5 league games. The player he is today is much different to the one 8/9 month ago.

You can't have a pop at people for how they rated last season on today's form.

Sgt_Pooly

Back to top Go down

Post by dammit_chris Mon Oct 03, 2011 8:33 am

Pooly, Manu did the rushing up for the first two months of the season when they were swapping him from winger to centre. It took him about 5 games to stop rushing up in defence, then he was rock solid in midfield for Tigers.

Not having a pop, just couldnt believe all the slack he took last season for his 'weak' defence, when it wasnt there from November/December onwards.

I'm an Aviva Premiership nut, can't stand southern hemisphere rugby in comparison, so watch as much Aviva as possible, kept a special eye on Tuilagi's development as remember my old club Westcliff going and playing Tigers at u18 level and speaking about getting destroyed by a guy who had just turned 16...Mr Tuilagi.

dammit_chris

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Oct 03, 2011 8:46 am

Youngs is quality but his form dipped massively. He was dreadful on and should have been hauled off at half time. the 2 step and pass thing is really annoying and care used to do it when playing for england.

Youngs is inexperienced which showed on saturday but will be an england player for years to come and is certainly our best option. Its a shame care is not at the WC to put pressure on him.

I would really struggle to say on his day he is the best scrum half in the world but he certainly has the potential to be. Currently he is way behind genia, yachvilli, Parra, FDP etc. I am a massive fan and when you see him play like he did against australia last november you know he has the ability to be pure class.

Back to top Go down

Post by Steven_Sharks Mon Oct 03, 2011 8:51 am

Youngs needs consistency at somewhere near his best level to get into the Genia/FDP catergory.

Tuilagi was never a dead cert pick at junior level for england. At his age the under 18 line up was something like 10. Ford 11. Watson 12, Farrell 13. Joseph 14 Wade 15 Wallace. manu would play the odd game but was never really a first choice and never stood out particularly until a year or two ago.

Steven_Sharks

Back to top Go down

Post by dammit_chris Mon Oct 03, 2011 9:12 am

Steven - Tuilagi wasnt allowed to play for that set up because he was injuring too many people because of his tackling. Had a conversation with a Leicester youth coach about 2 years ago now about him. They wanted to develop him carefully as never seen a talent like it.

dammit_chris

Back to top Go down

Post by dammit_chris Mon Oct 03, 2011 9:22 am

Going to say that the England backline is slowly taking shape, Youngs, Manu, Ashton and Foden will all be world class. I think we have enough young wingers coming through to find another top prospect - saw Wade's try v Newcastle yesterday, he's like a faster version of Shane Williams, and really like Charlie Sharples.

If we could just find a top 10 and 12 then we could have one of the best backlines in world rugby within 2-3 years. Think Flood will need to be England 10 for next few years as we wait and see whether Ford and Farrell develop more, but 12 shirt is a huge concern.

dammit_chris

Back to top Go down

Post by Steven_Sharks Mon Oct 03, 2011 9:37 am

Tuilagi played for the under 18's when he was eligible just sparingly. If he was to good he''d have been bumped up an age group which he wasn't.

Steven_Sharks

Back to top Go down

Post by Sgt_Pooly Mon Oct 03, 2011 9:38 am

That's not true about Manu Chris, been there before. Class player now, no need to raise past

Youngs best SH in world imo but not fully firing. Happened to Genia last year too. See Parra, Youngs and Genia battling it out for years. Genia class this year

Sgt_Pooly

Back to top Go down

Post by stnick88 Mon Oct 03, 2011 9:41 am

Genia is a fair bit better than Youngs for me.
Youngs can show signs of world class but hasnt been consistent enough for a while now. definitley has the potential to be up there though. think if care wasnt injured he would be our number one on current form.

stnick88

Back to top Go down

Post by Steven_Sharks Mon Oct 03, 2011 9:45 am

Youngs is someway behind Genia for my money. Genia consistently playing brilliantly whereas Youngs isn't. He could be as good as him but has a very long way to go until he is even close to having the consistent level of performance that Genia gives.

What do you base the 'Youngs best in the world' thing on Pooly. Any particular run of games or individual performances because I geniuinely don't see it.

Steven_Sharks

Back to top Go down

Post by Sgt_Pooly Mon Oct 03, 2011 9:51 am

On my own opinion. Each time they've played Youngs has out played him.

Genia has had a top season but I personally prefer Youngs, always have.

Same as you thinking Cooper better than Carter I suppose.

Sgt_Pooly

Back to top Go down

Post by stnick88 Mon Oct 03, 2011 10:16 am

Think you might be on your own with that opinion pooly! but thats fine, the whole point in this game is opinions. For me on top form he is top 3, but havent seen that form enough.

stnick88

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 20 Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 13 ... 20  Next