The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fantasy Aviva Premiership season 4 homepage

+8
pullthestrings
prop_lyd
Sgt_Pooly
Ozzy3213
SirJohnnyEnglish
LukeLovesLuka
dammit_chris
Driver
12 posters

Page 13 of 20 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 16 ... 20  Next

Go down

Fantasy Aviva Premiership season 4 homepage - Page 13 Empty Fantasy Aviva Premiership season 4 homepage

Post by Driver Thu 22 Sep 2011, 11:21 pm

First topic message reminder :

Fantasy Aviva Premiership season 4 homepage - Page 13 Aviva+Premiership+Logo
CAN SOMEONE DO THE LV TABLES FOR ME? TERRIBLE WITH CODING ON THESE THINGS

Fantasy Aviva Premiership season 4 homepage - Page 13 Aviva-Premiership-Trophy-e1306508139154
2010/2011 - Newcastle Falcons
2009/2010 - Saracens
2008/2009 - London Irish

Teams
Bath RFC
InTheFastLane
Exeter Chiefs Driver - RIP 606
Gloucester Anonmattyt
Harlequins
Steven_Sharks
Leicester Tigers
LukeLovesLuka
London Irish
stnick88
London Wasps
Arry
Newcastle Falcons
Sgt_Pooly
Northampton Saints
Dammit_Chris
Sale Sharks
SirJohnnyEnglish
Saracens
LDCPete
Worcester Warriors prop_lyd

Links
Rules
Fixtures
Aviva Premiership League Table
European Homepage
LV Cup homepage
Budgets
Domestic Confirmations
Transfer Homepage
Foreign Transfers
Press Releases

Waiting List
1. Sam
2. pullthestrings
3. Bathite

Last edited by Driver - RIP 606 on Sun 16 Oct 2011, 2:31 pm; edited 3 times in total
Driver
Driver

Back to top Go down

Fantasy Aviva Premiership season 4 homepage - Page 13 Empty Re: Fantasy Aviva Premiership season 4 homepage

Post by dammit_chris Sat 08 Oct 2011, 1:34 pm

Guys anyone on global rugby on Facebook? Some good discussions there - few people saying that Attwood is playing very well for Bath and should be called into England squad - I havent seen him play this season, any truth?

Also lot pushing for Owen Farrell as our next 12 - not 100% sure he's ready. Though all saying that Sharples should replace Cueto now.

dammit_chris

Back to top Go down

Fantasy Aviva Premiership season 4 homepage - Page 13 Empty Re: Fantasy Aviva Premiership season 4 homepage

Post by stnick88 Sat 08 Oct 2011, 2:00 pm

Sharples or Ojo should be given a try. Ojo is banging the tries in.

stnick88

Back to top Go down

Post by dammit_chris Sat 08 Oct 2011, 2:03 pm

Anyone good with technology? I'm trying to get a .Mov file to play but having absolutely no joy whatsoever. Should be windows media player but not recognising the file!

dammit_chris

Back to top Go down

Post by LukeLovesLuka Sat 08 Oct 2011, 2:05 pm

Google your problem mate.

LukeLovesLuka

Back to top Go down

Post by SirJohnnyEnglish Sat 08 Oct 2011, 5:18 pm

Chris,

You need Quicktime mate to play Mov files. WMP hasnt got the codecs to play Mov files. Either you have it on your computer or you will have to download it. Think you have to pay for it though so look around the web and see if you can get something similar thumbsup

Sorry still dont see it with Sheridan. I thought our scrum looked stronger with Corbs in the 6 nations so dont see how he is so key to us. His carrying game is non existant these days. Dont see the argument for experience in the front row either. Cole has been a starter for 2 years now? And Hartley longer. Corbs has a world cup and 6 nations campaign behind so its not as if we are throwing some one new in to the deep end.

SirJohnnyEnglish

Back to top Go down

Post by Ozzy3213 Sat 08 Oct 2011, 7:04 pm

League table updated - very interesting to see where people are as all world cup players will be available for the next league game in 3 weeks, although players who play in the final I would suspect won't be getting a run out.
Ozzy3213
Ozzy3213

Back to top Go down

Post by Sgt_Pooly Sat 08 Oct 2011, 9:43 pm

Just rewatched game without the tension. Liked the Flood/Wilko axis and has real potential. Farrell is nowhere near ready for England for me, maybe a Saxon call but I really don't like him at 12.

Manu was superb but blinkered. I still stand by Youngs playing well even more so watching it again. He did some poor passes but often these were when first receiver was 20m+ away.

Whole pack was very very sub standard, in physicality and basic skills. Set the tone and gave the backs zero platform.

Is MJ the right man? I really don't know, something has to change as in Hartley, Corbs,
Cole, Lawes, Youngs, Flood, Ashton, Manu and Foden we have a young core that could really grow and improve.

Sgt_Pooly

Back to top Go down

Post by Ozzy3213 Sat 08 Oct 2011, 9:53 pm

He is an international scrum half Pooly, he should be able to pass accurately over 20 metres.

You sound like Chris trying to justify one of his favourites poor performances by blaming someone else Laugh

The RFU need to have a look at the whole set up and what they want to achieve and how is the best way to achieve it. There has to be changes amongst the coaching set up and the playing staff.
Ozzy3213
Ozzy3213

Back to top Go down

Post by Ozzy3213 Sat 08 Oct 2011, 10:20 pm

Looks like Johnno might be quitting, press conference called for 23:00 BST.
Ozzy3213
Ozzy3213

Back to top Go down

Post by Sgt_Pooly Sat 08 Oct 2011, 10:25 pm

I wouldn't be upset tbh, new inputs needed. We have the talent, just needs direction.

Sgt_Pooly

Back to top Go down

Post by Ozzy3213 Sat 08 Oct 2011, 10:28 pm

I agree with that Pooly. We have some very good players that the coaching staff have failed to get the best out of, and we also have some who the coaching staff have selected who are not good enough.

Heads need to roll, question is, who comes in to take the reigns.

Home grown manager or look further afield???
Ozzy3213
Ozzy3213

Back to top Go down

Post by Sgt_Pooly Sat 08 Oct 2011, 10:31 pm

Can't think past Malinder for home grown, would he suit RFU though? Missed the boat on Jake White....possibly Henry?

Sgt_Pooly

Back to top Go down

Post by Ozzy3213 Sat 08 Oct 2011, 10:34 pm

As an outsider for an overseas coach... John Kirwan?

Had Dean Richards not done what he did he would be the ideal choice for a home grown manager.

I'd heard Dayglo mentioned, I seriously hope that is not serious.
Ozzy3213
Ozzy3213

Back to top Go down

Post by Sgt_Pooly Sat 08 Oct 2011, 10:39 pm

Not really one for press reports but this echo's my thoughts on Youngs and that he wasn't dreadful:

Ben Youngs : Spent most of the first half fending off French attacks and barely had a chance to get his hands on decent, quick ball. Tried to get his back line moving only to witness silly mistakes and knock-on's undo the hard work. Clever quick break in the second half led to Foden's try. Tried hard with no reward. 6

It's a real tough call Pete, Loro would be a terrible choice. We need a manager not a figure head

Sgt_Pooly

Back to top Go down

Post by Sgt_Pooly Sat 08 Oct 2011, 11:09 pm

Anything Pete? No tcv here

Sgt_Pooly

Back to top Go down

Post by LukeLovesLuka Sat 08 Oct 2011, 11:18 pm

Some of the ratings have been a bit odd. I've seen Easter get a 4 and 5 where I thought he was easily our best forward. His control at the base superb at times. Tuilagi got some decent ratngs but despite a couple of breaks he just ran up blind alleys, and missed an inside pass at one stage that could have led to a try.

LukeLovesLuka

Back to top Go down

Post by dammit_chris Sun 09 Oct 2011, 3:43 pm

Johnson's not the man for England, he isnt cut throat enough and is too loyal to players, makes awful substitutions and tactical calls. Though you can't just blame him as the whole RFU is sub standard and a complete embarrassment.

The coaching set up is woefully inadequate - Brian Smith what does he do, when was the last back move you saw that worked? Look at how good Wales are and I'd actually say our players are better man for man - but they had heart, passion and were coached brilliantly, they are so clinical and their defence is top rate.

Can you say that about England?

Our problems seem to be that (i) we have the players to play a fantastic attacking game, but our management doesn't know how to do this e.g. how Croft isnt given the ball properly to attack (ii) we have a number of old school players who haven't the pace/dynamism to play the modern game e.g. Thompson, Deacon, Moody and Easter (iii) the coaching staff aren't good enough. and we have to play attacking rugby (iv) we don't have a natural 7 and its screwing us over.

Pooly named some cracking players there, and how you don't play a game that suits them is beyond me. I hate to say this but England almost need Dan Bowden to say he wants to play for England as he'd be the guy to play the game we need. Either that or picking Flutey again and then hoping someone new comes through.

I'd also take a closer look at Jake Abbott from Worcester and see if he could be the player to solve the void at 7 - he isnt ready yet, but has always impressed me at the breakdown and runs some very good lines.

dammit_chris

Back to top Go down

Post by dammit_chris Sun 09 Oct 2011, 3:45 pm

Btw what were the games like this morning - I was running a half marathon in London so only saw the first half of the Aussie game, was so shocked that they beat SA - was turning point Brussow getting injured? Thought Cooper had a shocker in what I saw - has he done anything all tournament?

dammit_chris

Back to top Go down

Post by Steven_Sharks Sun 09 Oct 2011, 3:59 pm

Done about as much as the rest of the Australia backs. He was creating tries all over the show early on. Lost track of Australia games since I had the time without the internet.

Steven_Sharks

Back to top Go down

Post by dammit_chris Sun 09 Oct 2011, 4:01 pm

Also saw that Christian Wade has scored again for Wasps today, think that's 3 weeks in a row. Nearly got rid of him last year on a free as didnt think he'd ever be big enough to play top level rugby, now beginning to think he could be our answer to Shane Williams.

Also Jonathan Joseph, what a talent he's becoming - didnt think he was that good, Pete, Stnick is he still just 20? Where's his best position?

dammit_chris

Back to top Go down

Post by dammit_chris Sun 09 Oct 2011, 4:03 pm

Steven do you htink they made an error not taking Giteau? He seems the player that they need most right now, I'm still shocked he wasnt taken, must have p*ssed off the coaching set up big time before it. Dont rrate their 12 - is it McCab or someone?

dammit_chris

Back to top Go down

Post by Ozzy3213 Sun 09 Oct 2011, 4:11 pm

13 is his best position Chris, he played most of his age group rugby there. He is going to be very very good. Has pace, runs good lines and is deceptively powerful. Been superb so far this season, Ansbro will have a real fight to get the shirt off him.
Ozzy3213
Ozzy3213

Back to top Go down

Post by Steven_Sharks Sun 09 Oct 2011, 4:11 pm

Tough to say. You have to assume Deans isn't a Giteau fan. Especially taking a Barnes who took an extended break half way through the season. McCabe has been quality I thought in the TN. Grown into the role.

I thought it was a huge error at the time but in retrospect no I don't think they've made an error. Deans made his decision of Cooper or bust and will have to live by it. Cooper has stayed fit and there is nothing Giteau has shown this year that suggests he would deserve his place ahead of him.

Deans knows that win or lose Cooper will be in the headlines. He has watched him win the Super 15 playing his way and has backed him to do it again.

Steven_Sharks

Back to top Go down

Post by dammit_chris Sun 09 Oct 2011, 4:40 pm

Think the trouble was that as soon as Deans picked Cooper he could never start Giteau as the two just dont compliment each other. My point is that Giteau would be on at least the bench for every other nation, he pretty much covers 9, 10, 11, 12, 13 and 15.

I'm hoping to go watch a Toulon game in next few weeks or so, he's always been one of my favourite players.

dammit_chris

Back to top Go down

Post by dammit_chris Sun 09 Oct 2011, 5:25 pm

Guys I'm after a no9 and a decent foreign hooker, neither have to set world alight at all, just wanting a bit more depth there.

dammit_chris

Back to top Go down

Post by Driver Sun 09 Oct 2011, 8:18 pm

Slade looks set to be ruled out for the remainder of the RWC!

Mind you Cruden changed the game today , Imagine Steven Brett appearing in the RWC semi final!
Driver
Driver

Back to top Go down

Post by Sgt_Pooly Sun 09 Oct 2011, 8:38 pm

Slade was playing really well, they have no luck at 10! Cruden played well when he came, bit rusty but made some good breaks.

Sgt_Pooly

Back to top Go down

Post by Driver Sun 09 Oct 2011, 8:41 pm

Bet Henry wishes he had Nick Evans now though....
Driver
Driver

Back to top Go down

Post by Sgt_Pooly Sun 09 Oct 2011, 8:47 pm

Lol...I know, he's the nearest they've got to Carter and on fire this year. Cooper had the worst game I've seen him have today, was terrible. Really strange game, Aus seemed to be constantly infringing at breakdown but just kept getting away with it. NZ v Aus will be a belter

Sgt_Pooly

Back to top Go down

Post by LukeLovesLuka Sun 09 Oct 2011, 8:54 pm

Missed the game - Pocock got motm I heard?

Massive result that for Aus, had the Saffers down for the win.

LukeLovesLuka

Back to top Go down

Post by Ozzy3213 Sun 09 Oct 2011, 8:55 pm

I missed it as well. I heard that the Boks dominated and the referee had a stinker which handed the game to the Aussies?

I have it recorded to watch, maybe tomorrow night.
Ozzy3213
Ozzy3213

Back to top Go down

Post by LukeLovesLuka Sun 09 Oct 2011, 8:57 pm

Sure I read 76% posession?

LukeLovesLuka

Back to top Go down

Post by Driver Sun 09 Oct 2011, 9:02 pm

65 minutes of the All Blacks game is all i have seen
Driver
Driver

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 09 Oct 2011, 9:15 pm

Evans would
Make nz nailed on for
The tournament. Quality player. Donald would have done them
Well also.

Not watched the games this morning as was working.

In the mail youngs got 4 and 5 in the independent. I also thought easter was our best forward. He got 6 every paper I saw and that was about right.
Have you seen tuilagi has been arrested for doing something stupid

Back to top Go down

Post by LukeLovesLuka Sun 09 Oct 2011, 9:17 pm

Jumped off a ferry?!?

LukeLovesLuka

Back to top Go down

Post by Steven_Sharks Sun 09 Oct 2011, 9:30 pm

watching the ITV highlights of the QF's. Popular consensus seems to be that a side needs their 7 to be a fetcher in the Pocock, McCaw, Warburton mould and I reckon they are probably right.

Do we agree with this? and who will be England's man to do this.

Steven_Sharks

Back to top Go down

Post by Sgt_Pooly Sun 09 Oct 2011, 9:37 pm

I love a side with a fetcher, brings a great defensive outlet (we just seem to take pressure and then concede a pen) and turnover ball is possibly the best to attack from as the opposition is set out for attack.

I can't think of a single good quality out and out fetcher that is English or one coming through

Sgt_Pooly

Back to top Go down

Post by LukeLovesLuka Sun 09 Oct 2011, 9:38 pm

Fetchers are crucial for me. As just said, turnovers can be the difference in a tight game.

LukeLovesLuka

Back to top Go down

Post by Ozzy3213 Sun 09 Oct 2011, 9:42 pm

I think it's still about balance. A fetcher can only do the business if the players around him allow him to by doing their jobs.

Ireland's back row, for all it's carrying ability lacked balance, and that is why the Welsh back row won that battle.
Ozzy3213
Ozzy3213

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 09 Oct 2011, 9:53 pm

Depends on balance. Look at france they play without a fetcher.
If you don't have a fetcher you play a different style.

Back to top Go down

Post by Steven_Sharks Sun 09 Oct 2011, 9:54 pm

I think England have a few issues with back row balance. I suspect most would assume that Croft will be England's 6. Then we need a big strong carrier at 8 and a physical fetcher sort of. Croft is great in an open game but I don't see him as the man for crashing of 10's shoulder in a tight game.

Pooly I can't think of one either. Maybe Kvesic? perhaps Wallace at Quins could be mould into that sort of role. I quite fancy Fearns for the 8 shirt. I suspect he will play there quite a bit for bath this year with Moody and Louw aswell as Mercer playing very well for them.

Steven_Sharks

Back to top Go down

Post by Ozzy3213 Sun 09 Oct 2011, 9:59 pm

Croft is a massive problem for England. Individually he is a very good player, and an excellent lineout option, but in terms of balance I question whether he is the easiest player to build a unit around.

He does not do some of the traditional 6's jobs brilliantly, which means they have to be covered by the 7 and 8, which means even if we had a traditional fetcher, they may not be effective alongside him due to having to play slightly differently yo accomodate him.
Ozzy3213
Ozzy3213

Back to top Go down

Post by Sgt_Pooly Sun 09 Oct 2011, 9:59 pm

It's something I always look for in predo's tbh, always have. I think the French suffer a little against an out and out 7, we offered little at the breakdown on Sat.

It's not the be all though in real terms though if you have a backrow who can help out, I just like a OS who follows play and then strikes either slowing play down or getting the steal.

Sgt_Pooly

Back to top Go down

Post by Driver Sun 09 Oct 2011, 9:59 pm

Guys how would we feel about a mean front 5 with two fetchers in the back row? Especially in rainy S-h-itty conditions where theres going to be a lot of contest for the ball on the deck?
Driver
Driver

Back to top Go down

Post by Ozzy3213 Sun 09 Oct 2011, 10:01 pm

Again, depends on balance driver, would need a big ball carrying 8 as well to make it work for me.
Ozzy3213
Ozzy3213

Back to top Go down

Post by Sgt_Pooly Sun 09 Oct 2011, 10:03 pm

Yea possibly Driver, with Pete in that it needs balance. I've considered playing McCaw at 6 and Brussow at 7 for that very reason.

Sgt_Pooly

Back to top Go down

Post by 'Arry Sun 09 Oct 2011, 10:06 pm

I like old school back rows. The blindside does a lot of the unseen work, making plenty of tackles and carries. The openside gets in the face of the fly half and makes turnovers at the breakdown. Number eight good carrier and provides stability at the back of the scrum.

'Arry

Back to top Go down

Post by Steven_Sharks Sun 09 Oct 2011, 10:11 pm

I wonder it Croft could work at Lock along side Lawes. Would be nice to have a look at.

Very difficult trying to select a side with perfect balance whilst using the best players available. Can pick a slightly lesser side which complimnet each other or go for the best players you have availible. I think that's what Ireland did by playing Ferris and SOB. Should really have been one of them plus Jennings or another more natural 7.

Like I think Crane is a great foil for Croft as they cover each others weaknesses.

Steven_Sharks

Back to top Go down

Post by Driver Sun 09 Oct 2011, 10:12 pm

So how about

6.Moody
7.Jennings
8.Beattie/Lakafia
Driver
Driver

Back to top Go down

Post by Ozzy3213 Sun 09 Oct 2011, 10:20 pm

Lawes would need to beef up considerably to form an international standard second row with Croft.

Lawes is neither a 4 or a 5 at the moment, he's somewhere in between.
Ozzy3213
Ozzy3213

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 13 of 20 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 16 ... 20  Next