The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fantasy Aviva Premiership season 4

+7
prop_lyd
LukeLovesLuka
Sgt_Pooly
dammit_chris
Ozzy3213
Steven_Sharks
Driver
11 posters

Page 7 of 21 Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 14 ... 21  Next

Go down

Fantasy Aviva Premiership season 4 - Page 7 Empty Fantasy Aviva Premiership season 4

Post by Driver Tue 08 Nov 2011, 12:25 pm

First topic message reminder :

Fantasy Aviva Premiership season 4 - Page 7 Aviva+Premiership+Logo
Welcome to the Aviva Premiership

Fantasy Aviva Premiership season 4 - Page 7 Aviva-Premiership-Trophy-e1306508139154
2010/2011 - Newcastle Falcons
2009/2010 - Saracens
2008/2009 - London Irish

Teams
Bath RFC
InTheFastLane
Exeter Chiefs Driver - RIP 606
Gloucester Anonmattyt
Harlequins
Steven_Sharks
Leicester Tigers
LukeLovesLuka
London Irish
stnick88
London Wasps
Arry
Newcastle Falcons
Sgt_Pooly
Northampton Saints
Dammit_Chris
Sale Sharks
SirJohnnyEnglish
Saracens
LDCPete
Worcester Warriors prop_lyd

Links
Rules
Fixtures
Aviva Premiership League Table
European Homepage
LDCPete Cup homepage
Budgets
Domestic Confirmations
Transfer Homepage
Foreign Transfers
Press Releases

Waiting List
1. Sam
2. pullthestrings
3. Bathite
Driver
Driver

Back to top Go down

Fantasy Aviva Premiership season 4 - Page 7 Empty Re: Fantasy Aviva Premiership season 4

Post by dammit_chris Tue 15 Nov 2011, 3:48 pm

Pete, Nick at least 50% of your playing squad hasnt retired over the last 3-4 seasons and the other 50% left for pastures new.

Wasps need Tom Rees back so badly, with our youngsters coming through and signings like Thompson, Wentzel, Poff, Robinson and Southwall we need to be a top 4 team - hopefulyl with Worsleys retirement we will be able to bring in another player!

dammit_chris

Back to top Go down

Fantasy Aviva Premiership season 4 - Page 7 Empty Re: Fantasy Aviva Premiership season 4

Post by stnick88 Tue 15 Nov 2011, 4:09 pm

Homer needs to back himself more, a lot of the time when the ball is kicked long to him, he seems reluctant to run it back and prefers to shift it to someone else or kick it back. He has pace and a decent step, would like to see him use it more.

Rees will never be back Chris! He's nackered.

If we are letting Delon go, we need to go for Dan Cole, who we have been linked with a bit. He is out of contract I understand and with Castro ahead of him could do with moving on.

stnick88

Back to top Go down

Post by dammit_chris Tue 15 Nov 2011, 4:21 pm

Ree's shoulders are now fully recovered mate, first time in 4 years. Was only a freak accident with his knee that have injured him this season. Would agree with you if it were his shoulders that went again, but fortunately a different part of him this time.

Why would Cole opt to go to Irish, the worst team in London Wink

dammit_chris

Back to top Go down

Post by CJB Tue 15 Nov 2011, 4:22 pm

My EQ team

1 Golding
2 Ward
3 Petrus Du Plessis
4 Louis Deacon
5 Tim Swinson
6 Will Skuse
7 Steffon Armitage
8 Tom Guest
9 Richard Wigglesworth
10 Charlie Hodgson
11 Ugo Monye
12 Anthony Allen
13 Ben Williams/Dominic Waldouck
14 Tom Varndell
15 Richard Haughton

CJB

Back to top Go down

Post by Steven_Sharks Tue 15 Nov 2011, 4:22 pm

Sale have 4 players still with them who were in there senior squad at the end of the 2009/10 season I think.

Steven_Sharks

Back to top Go down

Post by stnick88 Tue 15 Nov 2011, 4:38 pm

We're from Reading mate. and we're better than Wasps!

stnick88

Back to top Go down

Post by Sgt_Pooly Tue 15 Nov 2011, 4:45 pm

Watched Homer in about 3/4 games this season Pete.

Rees will never play for a prolonged period again. IF he ever does comeback he's probably last half a dozen games and retire. His body is fooked.

To be fair, the game has past him by anyway. He never looked much cop when he was he getting back to fitness last season. I'd cut my losses and release him Chris, at least you'dget 1.5m!

Sgt_Pooly

Back to top Go down

Post by dammit_chris Tue 15 Nov 2011, 5:10 pm

Pooly, afraid you havent got a clue what you are talking about mate.

dammit_chris

Back to top Go down

Post by Sgt_Pooly Tue 15 Nov 2011, 5:30 pm

That's a little insulting Chris to be honest, expect more from you

Sgt_Pooly

Back to top Go down

Post by dammit_chris Tue 15 Nov 2011, 5:42 pm

Meant no disrespect but you keep on criticising players who you havent seen, or don't know the ins and outs.

Rees actually got very good reviews when he made his comeback and had an excellent pre-season - the coaches said it was the best he has played in 4-5 years. An complete freak injury has put him out for six months, which conveniently has allowed his shoulder to recover, so to say that game has past him by anyway, and he never looked much cop to me shows a lack of understanding.

It's like me saying that 'x' Newcastle player has past it without watching him play, other than a game on tv. One tv performance doesnt mean anything if you havent watched the other games.

dammit_chris

Back to top Go down

Post by Sgt_Pooly Tue 15 Nov 2011, 5:56 pm

"which conveniently has allowed his shoulder to recover, so to say that game has past him by anyway, and he never looked much cop to me shows a lack of understanding.

It doesn't show a lack of understanding at all, it's shows an opinion. This game is based on opinions and to say somebody "hasn't a clue" is pretty lame.

"It's like me saying that 'x' Newcastle player has past it without watching him play, other than a game on tv. One tv performance doesnt mean anything if you havent watched the other games."

Most of us judge players on TV coverage Chris, how else do we get to see rugby. We can't all go to every game. I've stated Newcastle players are quality before only to be shot down, it happens. We all rate our own club's higher than others on here.

Rees has played about 10 games in 4 year, surely that's a good indication that his body is not suited to the professional game?

I watched a Rees in a few games before his latest injury saga and didn't think he was playing particularly well, great pre-season or not.

Sgt_Pooly

Back to top Go down

Post by Steven_Sharks Tue 15 Nov 2011, 6:36 pm

Yessssss

http://www.rugbydump.com/2011/11/2240/sam-warburtons-big-tackle-for-cardiff-blues-against-racing-metro

Steven_Sharks

Back to top Go down

Post by dammit_chris Tue 15 Nov 2011, 7:29 pm

Pooly - Rees has played over 50 games over last 4 seasons, not including this one. Just typifies my point. Considering he has had three serious injuries over that period its a bloomin gimpressive turn out ration for Wasps.

His latest injury of rupturing his knee ligaments was a complete and utter fluke, he was no more prone than any other player - if you saw the incident you'd know what I mean.

The guy put his body on the line for Wasps who were desperately short in backrow cover, this meant that his shoulder never had the time to properly recover. Three years ago he should have taken a year out of rugby to heal properly and get more surgery but wanted to help the club and never let his shoulder heal. That's how he got his other injury, which wasnt actually an injury, more so of the need to get the original injury fixed properly.

This season he was looking sharp, very fit and Youngs was all set to declare him club captain - and then he got caught awkwardly in a tackle and knee just went completely. Not really anything to do with his body not being suited to the professional game, as players get injured left, right and centre.

I stand by what I said that if you think that 'the game has past him by' or that 'his body isnt up to the professional game'. He's the most dedicated rugby player at Wasps, who the entire club hold in very high esteem. He'll be back by the end of the season and given the captaincy because he's Wasps best player by some distance and the biggest lose for us this season.

dammit_chris

Back to top Go down

Post by Sgt_Pooly Tue 15 Nov 2011, 7:40 pm

Rees has played over 50 games in the last 4 years? Is that a fact or a "Chris fact"?

Sgt_Pooly

Back to top Go down

Post by dammit_chris Tue 15 Nov 2011, 7:54 pm

55 games Pooly, not including this season. Might have to enrol you into a little 'get your facts straight' class Wink

dammit_chris

Back to top Go down

Post by Sgt_Pooly Tue 15 Nov 2011, 8:05 pm

How many over the last 3 seasons?

Apologies if wrong, but can't recall Rees playing much at all.

Sgt_Pooly

Back to top Go down

Post by dammit_chris Tue 15 Nov 2011, 8:13 pm

36 not including this year. He pretty much has played half a season for last two seasons, and nearly the whole one in the previous - I think he got injured just before the playoffs then, which derailed Wasps bid for the title that year - was when they won every game after x-mas but had such a poor start they finished 5th.

dammit_chris

Back to top Go down

Post by Sgt_Pooly Tue 15 Nov 2011, 8:23 pm

Surprising that I can't remember him being about that much. Still think he's finished though.

Sgt_Pooly

Back to top Go down

Post by dammit_chris Tue 15 Nov 2011, 8:32 pm

I pretty much go to most Wasps games, or did do a lot over last say 5 or so.

The guy isnt close to being finished, I think he would have been if he didnt fix his shoulder, he was stupid rushing back adter the first time for the club, when he should have stayed away from rugby for 12 months.

This knee injury is a blessing in disguise, his shoulder was for the first time properly 100% healed - this extra 6 months will give it some extra rest and I think he will be back to his best. Still only 26!

Think the issue with players these days is that there is so much pressure to get them playing again and they arent always honest about how injured they really are and its really easy to get injured because of it!

dammit_chris

Back to top Go down

Post by Sgt_Pooly Tue 15 Nov 2011, 8:36 pm

He's done his knee in before though hasnt he?

Have you got a link to his appearences? I've found he's only made 76 appearences since 2004 so to make 55 since 2007 means he only played 20 in his first 3 seasons. Bit odd.

Sgt_Pooly

Back to top Go down

Post by dammit_chris Tue 15 Nov 2011, 8:38 pm

It's on Wasps website.

No he hasnt done his cruciates before - three serious injuries, two being his shoulder. Was a complete fluke injury, think it was hyper extending the knee in a tackle, which then tore his cruciates, sounded awful

dammit_chris

Back to top Go down

Post by Driver Tue 15 Nov 2011, 8:41 pm

GUYS AS SOME OF YOU HAVE DONE ON PETES PAGE COULD YOU ALL LET ME KNOW WHAT MY BEST TEAM IS , THANKS IN ADVANCE
Driver
Driver

Back to top Go down

Post by Sgt_Pooly Tue 15 Nov 2011, 8:48 pm

Yea just found it.

2011-12 - 0 (so far)
2010-11 - 11
2009-10 - 7

I make that 18 in the last 3 seasons (2 1/2 maybe)

2008-9. - 18
2007-8. - 19

Pretty much full seasons (thought he missed most of 2008/9 so I was wrong.

18 appearences over the last 3 seasons (this one inclusive) is pretty dire. Seems to point he's suffering more over the years.

Sgt_Pooly

Back to top Go down

Post by 'Arry Spurs Tue 15 Nov 2011, 8:58 pm

Looking for wingers and a number eight guys.

'Arry Spurs

Back to top Go down

Post by dammit_chris Tue 15 Nov 2011, 8:59 pm

I explained to you why he's been injured and not appeared mate - nothing to do with he's suffering more over the years.

He had a horrific shoulder injury - rushed back to play when he wasnt fully healed and had to have a second op. Now his shoulder is fully healed.

Ligament injury was a freak accident that could have happened to anyone - so its just one of those things.

He will be our captain again by end of the season - Dai Young thinks he's our most important player, and I find it hard to disagree with someone like him tbh.

dammit_chris

Back to top Go down

Post by Sgt_Pooly Tue 15 Nov 2011, 9:05 pm

Surprised Dai Young knows who he is. Facts seem to point he's getting gradually worse. Suspect he'll retire next season after getting injured again

Sgt_Pooly

Back to top Go down

Post by dammit_chris Tue 15 Nov 2011, 9:12 pm

Lol you never actually pay attention to anything that is written do you. If it was shoulder I'd agree, but as I've stated 245 times this evening, his shoulder is fine.

How are Newcastle top of the league with a brains like you in charge Wink have your players stopped listening to your team talks Very Happy

dammit_chris

Back to top Go down

Post by Sgt_Pooly Tue 15 Nov 2011, 9:14 pm

Lol I just like winding you up. Good dealings mate Wink

Sgt_Pooly

Back to top Go down

Post by SirJohnnyEnglish Tue 15 Nov 2011, 9:21 pm

Surely Rees is finished at this stage! The bloke has spent more time on the physio's table then on a rugby field. Been a very very long time since he had a good game as well!

SirJohnnyEnglish

Back to top Go down

Post by Driver Tue 15 Nov 2011, 9:24 pm

SJE! Where have you been! Hope the new jobs paying you well mate
Driver
Driver

Back to top Go down

Post by SirJohnnyEnglish Tue 15 Nov 2011, 9:28 pm

No man I wish training wages at the moment!!! On a months paid study leave now for exams so cant complain though Very Happy

SirJohnnyEnglish

Back to top Go down

Post by Driver Tue 15 Nov 2011, 9:29 pm

And here's me complaining about being on the sick for 2 weeks lol
Driver
Driver

Back to top Go down

Post by SirJohnnyEnglish Tue 15 Nov 2011, 9:31 pm

Its great really 4 weeks paid to study for exams which if I pass sees my wages jump up!!!

Hows the back mate? Whats the prognosis on playing rugby?

SirJohnnyEnglish

Back to top Go down

Post by Driver Tue 15 Nov 2011, 9:34 pm

It's pretty shot mate , the spines thinned out? and i'v been told never to play again which is a bummer but a bonus that i can start drinking before everyone else and beat them to the bar lol.
Driver
Driver

Back to top Go down

Post by SirJohnnyEnglish Tue 15 Nov 2011, 9:36 pm

Well at least your looking at the positives!!! cider
Shame to hear mate, thought about coaching if you want to keep involved someway

SirJohnnyEnglish

Back to top Go down

Post by Sgt_Pooly Tue 15 Nov 2011, 9:37 pm

Paid study leave! Bloody Irish for yer lol

Sgt_Pooly

Back to top Go down

Post by SirJohnnyEnglish Tue 15 Nov 2011, 9:44 pm

Laugh

Only getting up to date with some of the Heino games today. I should start getting Agustin Creevy involved in my match day squads more often! The man is a machine! Cracking games from Sexton and Trinc Duc here at 10. Probably 2 of the best in the northern hemisphere these days!

SirJohnnyEnglish

Back to top Go down

Post by Driver Tue 15 Nov 2011, 9:49 pm

I'v been coaching the juniors for a few years mate but i'v been asked to help out at senior level with training and co-managing the 2nd team on Saturdays. I'm arranging a charity game for the end of the season to raise a bit of cash for the NHS aswell so that should keep me busy along with College work lol.

So Pooly better clean his boots for this Charity game!
Driver
Driver

Back to top Go down

Post by SirJohnnyEnglish Tue 15 Nov 2011, 9:53 pm

Fair play mate always best to keep busy.

Is the old man coming out of retirement? Will be able to keep up with the young uns? Plenty of pictures needed of this Driver!! Wink

SirJohnnyEnglish

Back to top Go down

Post by Driver Tue 15 Nov 2011, 9:55 pm

Not sure my iPhone camera is slow enough Wink
Driver
Driver

Back to top Go down

Post by Sgt_Pooly Tue 15 Nov 2011, 9:56 pm

After my display at Station touch rugby I'm never playing again! Got smashed by some 18st goon, big mistake offering him out

Sgt_Pooly

Back to top Go down

Post by SirJohnnyEnglish Tue 15 Nov 2011, 10:01 pm

Getting smashed by 18st goons? I suppose whatever takes your fancy Pooly Wink

So whos buying Gogodze next transfer window??!! There must be a few interested in the lad at this stage!

SirJohnnyEnglish

Back to top Go down

Post by LukeLovesLuka Tue 15 Nov 2011, 10:05 pm

I'm thinking about it, would depend how the pricing goes.

Weepu is tempting too.

LukeLovesLuka

Back to top Go down

Post by SirJohnnyEnglish Tue 15 Nov 2011, 10:13 pm

Wouldnt mind getting the link up with Quedragao in the back row but expect he will cost an arm and a leg. Weepu could be a good call scrumhalf isnt a position in major need for anyone. Expect Faletau to have a few suitors and North.

I think we all know Steve is in for Ben Tapuai now hes been called up by the aussies! Laugh

SirJohnnyEnglish

Back to top Go down

Post by Driver Tue 15 Nov 2011, 10:19 pm

I'v got a secret one who i'm expecting no one to go for lol
Driver
Driver

Back to top Go down

Post by SirJohnnyEnglish Tue 15 Nov 2011, 10:21 pm

You should see my spread sheet of potential targets Driver!! Wink

SirJohnnyEnglish

Back to top Go down

Post by Driver Tue 15 Nov 2011, 10:22 pm

I should for league running purposes Wink Care to share?
Driver
Driver

Back to top Go down

Post by SirJohnnyEnglish Tue 15 Nov 2011, 10:25 pm

Get out of it!! You have two weeks of sick to knock up your own Laugh

SirJohnnyEnglish

Back to top Go down

Post by Driver Tue 15 Nov 2011, 10:27 pm

But only 3 days left of it!!!!!
Driver
Driver

Back to top Go down

Post by SirJohnnyEnglish Tue 15 Nov 2011, 10:30 pm

You better get to work on the list so!! Ok!

SirJohnnyEnglish

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 21 Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 14 ... 21  Next