The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The official 6N squad for Scotland.

+38
caz
Scottish Optimist
George Carlin
nickj
Gatts
poddy89
Manky-Flanker
123skelm
UlstermaninGlasgow
KickAndChase
NeilyBroon
Imperialbigdave
R!skysports
Majestic83
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)
justified sinner
Scot Abroad
21st Century Schizoid Man
monty junior
TJ1
Luckless Pedestrian
maestegmafia
Redrage
Peter Seabiscuit Wheeler
mckay1402
geoff998rugby
Pat_Mustard
rodders
funnyExiledScot
Thomond
Tattie Scones RRN
Glas a du
Dorothy_Mantooth
RuggerRadge2611
MBTGOG
AsLongAsBut100ofUs
Adam D
RDW
42 posters

Page 1 of 7 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

The official 6N squad for Scotland. Empty The official 6N squad for Scotland.

Post by RDW Thu 05 Jan 2012, 9:27 am

Scotland squad (sponsor RBS) for the matches against England (4 February) and Wales (12 February) in the 2012 RBS 6 Nations Championship:

Backs: Joe Ansbro (London Irish), Mike Blair (Edinburgh Rugby), Chris Cusiter (Glasgow Warriors), Simon Danielli (Ulster), Nick De Luca (Edinburgh Rugby), Max Evans (Castres), Stuart Hogg, Ruaridh Jackson (both Glasgow Warriors), Lee Jones, Greig Laidlaw (both Edinburgh Rugby), Rory Lamont (Glasgow Warriors), Sean Lamont (Scarlets), Rory Lawson (Gloucester), Graeme Morrison (Glasgow Warriors), Dan Parks (Cardiff Blues), Steven Shingler (London Irish) and Duncan Weir (Glasgow Warriors)

Forwards: John Barclay (Glasgow Warriors), Kelly Brown (Saracens), Geoff Cross, David Denton (both Edinburgh Rugby), Alasdair Dickinson (Sale Sharks), Ross Ford (Edinburgh Rugby), Richie Gray, Dougie Hall (both Glasgow Warriors), Jim Hamilton (Gloucester), Robert Harley (Glasgow Warriors), Allan Jacobsen (Edinburgh Rugby), Alastair Kellock (Glasgow Warriors), Scott Lawson (Gloucester), Moray Low (Glasgow Warriors), Fraser McKenzie (Sale Sharks), Euan Murray (Newcastle Falcons), Ross Rennie (Edinburgh Rugby), Alasdair Strokosch (Gloucester) and Richie Vernon (Sale Sharks).

SIX UNCAPPED PLAYERS IN SCOTLAND SQUAD
Thursday, 05 January 2012

Head coach Andy Robinson has selected six uncapped players in Scotland’s 36-man squad for the opening two matches of the 2012 RBS 6 Nations Championship. They are Lee Jones, the 23-year-old Edinburgh Rugby wing; Stuart Hogg, the 19-year-old Glasgow Warriors full-back; his team-mates, stand-off Duncan Weir, 20 and flanker/lock Robert Harley, 21; Sale Sharks’ former Edinburgh and Dunfermline flanker/lock, 23-year-old Fraser McKenzie; and 20-year-old London Irish centre Steven Shingler.
All 28 available players from last year’s Rugby World Cup squad are included – Chris Paterson and Nathan Hines have now retired – while potential Six Nations debuts could lie ahead for the Edinburgh duo, Greig Laidlaw and David Denton, both of whom have been capped in the EMC Test windows.

Jones, a product of Selkirk has graduated from both Scotland 7s and Scotland A team and has scored six tries in 28 appearances for Edinburgh since making his debut in a pre-season friendly against London Irish in 2010.

Hogg – whose father John was a championship winning full-back and top-notch referee from Hawick, and brother Graham played both age-grade and 7s for Scotland – has won promotion from the Scotland under-20 squad. He made his Glasgow debut last February against the Dragons and has now played 17 times for the Warriors, scoring two tries. Last week Hogg signed a contract that will keep with Glasgow Warriors until at least May 2015.
Weir is currently the top-scorer in the RaboDirect PRO 12 league (145 points) and has represented Scotland at A, 7s and age-grade levels, while both Harley and McKenzie have been part of Scotland squads in the recent past and made a considerable impact in the Scotland A team.
Shingler, born in Swansea and who joined London Irish from Scarlets at the start of this season, qualifies for Scotland through his Dumfries born mum, Jeanette.

He told www.scotlandrugbyteam.org: “I would be massively proud to play for Scotland. My upbringing from my mother means I’ve always known about Scotland.

“I’ve got my gran, auntie, two uncles and two cousins in Langholm and other than the past year I’ve been up 15 years on the bounce to see them around the time of the Common Riding and I’ve competed in the Games as well.”

Robinson said: “I am pleased to reflect on the winning displays we have seen from both Edinburgh Rugby and Glasgow Warriors over the last two months and the contribution a number of our uncapped players have made to them.

“I think what’s also encouraging is that a number of players who have forced their way into contention in that period and who have not made the squad this time, are really knocking on the door and that competition for places can only raise our standards, so this Scotland squad can be very much a work in progress over the coming months.

“We said after the Rugby World Cup that the challenge the Scotland squad must confront is to get on with the business of winning international rugby matches. Potential counts for nothing if you don’t deliver results.”

The squad will gather at St Andrews on the week beginning Monday 23 January before it is trimmed for match specific preparations for Scotland’s opening game of the championship against England at Murrayfield on Saturday 4 February.

Tickets for that match are sold-out, however you can still buy tickets for the Scotland v France game at Murrayfield on Sunday 26 February, kick-off 3pm via the website www.scottishrugby.org.

http://www.scotlandrugbyteam.org/content/view/2731/2/

Note, the Steve Shingler eligibility question is being debated here https://www.606v2.com/t21307-another-concerning-issue-for-the-wru-over-steven-shingler#822705 - KRD

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

The official 6N squad for Scotland. Empty The official 6N squad for Scotland.

Post by Adam D Thu 05 Jan 2012, 10:33 am

Reaction thread for the announcement.

About to be revealed at 11am - I will edit the post when its revealed.

What we know so far is that there are 6 uncapped players in it - any guesses?

Adam D
Founder
Founder

http://www.v2journal.com

Back to top Go down

The official 6N squad for Scotland. Empty Re: The official 6N squad for Scotland.

Post by AsLongAsBut100ofUs Thu 05 Jan 2012, 10:49 am

We could have two squads and then a Probables vs Possibles match just like in the good old days!

AsLongAsBut100ofUs

Back to top Go down

The official 6N squad for Scotland. Empty Re: The official 6N squad for Scotland.

Post by Adam D Thu 05 Jan 2012, 10:54 am

Team Announced - see opening post

Adam D
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Thu 05 Jan 2012, 10:56 am

Thanks Adam.

Who is that Shingler guy??

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 05 Jan 2012, 10:59 am

Steve Shingler is Welsh isn't he?!?

He joined LI from the Scarlets.

Back to top Go down

Post by MBTGOG Thu 05 Jan 2012, 10:59 am

Shingler? Now there's a surprise.

MBTGOG

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 05 Jan 2012, 11:01 am

He played for the U20's Wales team in the 6N's last year. Now I always get confused with Welsh Qualification, but doesn't that mean he's WQ and can't play for anyone else? Headscratch

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D Thu 05 Jan 2012, 11:02 am

Isnt it to do with the "a" team or lack of a "B" team that means that he isnt locked in (as you can tell I have no idea what I am saying!)

Adam D
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by RuggerRadge2611 Thu 05 Jan 2012, 11:03 am

Danielli , Morrison and Parks.... well I guess they were always going to be included at some stage. I'm struggling to understand how these 3 players have retained thier spaces whilst Beattie is still forgotten.

No space for Southwell though Yahoo

Never heard of this Shingler character, but I'm pretty sure U20 caps don't count in terms of where you play as a Senior.
RuggerRadge2611
RuggerRadge2611

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 05 Jan 2012, 11:04 am

I didn't think they did for other countries Radge, but Wales don't have an A team, so thought the U20's counted?? not sure though

Shingler is a hugely talented player, still very young though (20) plays fly half mainly although think he's been playing 12 for LI and he's also pretty handy at FB.

Back to top Go down

Post by RuggerRadge2611 Thu 05 Jan 2012, 11:09 am

On closer inspection this squad choice has upset me. I'll put my hand up and say I know nothing of Shingler and if he is as handy as Dreamer says he might be the saving grace in the squad that replaces our big lumbering useless 12 (Morrison) or poor Sean Lamont who seems to be press ganged into the 12 slot due to lack of options.

James King could rightly feel hard done by.
RuggerRadge2611
RuggerRadge2611

Back to top Go down

Post by Dorothy_Mantooth Thu 05 Jan 2012, 11:14 am

RuggerRadge2611 wrote:Danielli , Morrison and Parks.... well I guess they were always going to be included at some stage. I'm struggling to understand how these 3 players have retained thier spaces whilst Beattie is still forgotten.

No space for Southwell though Yahoo

Never heard of this Shingler character, but I'm pretty sure U20 caps don't count in terms of where you play as a Senior.

Southwell has a clause in his contract at Wasps that does not allow him to be called up, apparently!

Dorothy_Mantooth

Back to top Go down

Post by AsLongAsBut100ofUs Thu 05 Jan 2012, 11:15 am

Lucky to still be included: Danielli, Morrison, Parks, Dickinson, Hall, Vernon

Unfortunate not to be included, but would have had to have been a larger squad (and want to see them on the summer tour): T Brown, King, Scott, Leonard, MacArthur, Welsh, Grant, Shiells, Gilchrist, Wilson, McInally

Want to see on the summer tour if returns to form: Beattie

Still to come: MacVisser and Maitland

Braveheart

Last edited by AsLongAsBut100ofUs on Thu 05 Jan 2012, 11:26 am; edited 1 time in total

AsLongAsBut100ofUs

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 05 Jan 2012, 11:16 am

With regards to the other squad choices, I am baffled as to how Danielli has been picked. He's been very poor all season from what I've seen of him.

Shingler's got a very accurate boot on him too, Radge. Good player. Gah, missed opportunity by Wales (if he is in fact eligable to play for Scotland)

Back to top Go down

Post by Glas a du Thu 05 Jan 2012, 11:24 am

AsLongAsBut100ofUs wrote:Lucky to still be included: Danielli, Morrison, Parks, Dickinson, Hall, Vernon

Unfortunate not to be included, but would have had to have been a larger squad (and want to see them on the summer tour): King, Scott, Leonard, MacArthur, Welsh, Grant, Shiells, Gilchrist, Wilson, McInally

Braveheart

Gregor is not even mentioned in your UNFORTUNATE NOT TO BE INCLUDED section! He's a class player!
Glas a du
Glas a du

Back to top Go down

Post by AsLongAsBut100ofUs Thu 05 Jan 2012, 11:25 am

He's part of our 7s squad so is away at the moment - he's also behind the 4 scrumhalves listed in the pecking order

AsLongAsBut100ofUs

Back to top Go down

Post by Glas a du Thu 05 Jan 2012, 11:31 am

AsLongAsBut100ofUs wrote:He's part of our 7s squad so is away at the moment - he's also behind the 4 scrumhalves listed in the pecking order

In AR's view, not mine. I reckon he'd be a better outside half and wing than a fair few of the players mentioned in those positions as well.
Glas a du
Glas a du

Back to top Go down

Post by Tattie Scones RRN Thu 05 Jan 2012, 11:35 am

Seriously, if Parks, Danielli and Morrison make the cut, I will start supporting AR's removal from the post.

Every single rugby supporter around the world completely agree just how dogshirt they are, yet still make the squad.

And the Shingler inclusion smacks of Brendan Laney all over again.

What sort of message does that send out to the fringe players FFS?

However, I may be wrong and it's just AR finding a nice way of dropping these bums by making them feel special before cutting them completely prior to the 6N. Whistle

Last edited by Tattie Scones RRN on Thu 05 Jan 2012, 11:37 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Spelling)

Tattie Scones RRN

Back to top Go down

Post by Thomond Thu 05 Jan 2012, 11:35 am

I was impressed with him from what little I've seen of him. Seemed like a potential future outhalf for Wales.

Thomond

Back to top Go down

Post by funnyExiledScot Thu 05 Jan 2012, 11:40 am

AsLongAsBut100ofUs wrote:Lucky to still be included: Danielli, Morrison, Parks, Dickinson, Hall, Vernon

Unfortunate not to be included, but would have had to have been a larger squad (and want to see them on the summer tour): T Brown, King, Scott, Leonard, MacArthur, Welsh, Grant, Shiells, Gilchrist, Wilson, McInally

Braveheart

I'm cool with Dickinson and Vernon being included, but the others in your "lucky" list are very lucky indeed.

MacArthur should be in ahead of Hall, and both King and Scott unlucky to lose out to Morrison and to not make the squad at all. Not sure we need four scrum halves.

The Shingler selection is a bolt from the blue for me. I've seen him play but didn't pay much attention. Perhaps Joe Ansbro has tipped Robinson.

funnyExiledScot

Back to top Go down

Post by rodders Thu 05 Jan 2012, 11:41 am

When does Visser qualify?
rodders
rodders

Back to top Go down

Post by Pat_Mustard Thu 05 Jan 2012, 11:41 am

Disappointed not to see King involved, also Macarthur given he's ahead of Hall at Glasgow, and one of Welsh or Grant instead of Dickinson.

I too am surprised to see Danielli, but not so surprised Morrison is in, would probably be inevitable that he'd be in the extended squad even if King was in.

Vernon is not my type of number 8, I prefer the power of a Beattie or a Denton but I'm not too surprised to see him in there really as Beattie isn't quite back to his best. Might have hoped to see McInally or Wilson instead though.

Moray Low is lucky Euan Murray's a christian, otherwise I don't think he'd be there. It could be another tournament with no game time for him.

Pat_Mustard

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Thu 05 Jan 2012, 11:55 am

Very unlucky on King, especially if Shingler is seen as one for the future and they just want to get him capped for the A team or something to tie him in. King is ready now!

Can't really think of many other wingers just now other than Danielli....although he is totally baws.

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Pat_Mustard Thu 05 Jan 2012, 11:56 am

Bizarre but fair enough if he wants to play for Scotland, we'll take him!

"And the Shingler inclusion smacks of Brendan Laney all over again."

I don't think its quite fair comparing it to the Brendan Laney affair, who was handed a Scotland starting spot 2 days after moving here at the age of 27 once it was clear he would never make it for the All Blacks. There's every chance Shingler could play for Wales in the future if he wanted but he's half Scottish and has chosen Scotland at the age of 20. I don't have a problem with that if he's good enough to win a place in the 22. I still fully expect the likes of Matt Scott to compete for a place in the squads for June and November.

Visser qualifies in June, not in time for the Australia test unfortunately but should be in time for Fiji and Samoa I think.

Pat_Mustard

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D Thu 05 Jan 2012, 11:56 am

So who does evefyone think will realistically be cut from the final squad?

Adam D
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Pat_Mustard Thu 05 Jan 2012, 12:01 pm

Given that we have Evans, Lamont, Lamont, Ansbro and Jones in the squad we could have left Danielli out without calling up a replacement.

How big are the squads for the six nations itself?

and am I right in thinking we have an A international against the Saxons the night before the England game?

Pat_Mustard

Back to top Go down

Post by AsLongAsBut100ofUs Thu 05 Jan 2012, 12:03 pm

Hobo, I'd personally go with:

Backs: Joe Ansbro (London Irish), Mike Blair (Edinburgh Rugby), Chris Cusiter (Glasgow Warriors), Simon Danielli (Ulster), Nick De Luca (Edinburgh Rugby), Max Evans (Castres), Stuart Hogg, Ruaridh Jackson (both Glasgow Warriors), Lee Jones, Greig Laidlaw (both Edinburgh Rugby), Rory Lamont (Glasgow Warriors), Sean Lamont (Scarlets), Rory Lawson (Gloucester), Graeme Morrison (Glasgow Warriors), Dan Parks (Cardiff Blues), Steven Shingler (London Irish) and Duncan Weir (Glasgow Warriors)

Forwards: John Barclay (Glasgow Warriors), Kelly Brown (Saracens), Geoff Cross, David Denton (both Edinburgh Rugby), Alasdair Dickinson (Sale Sharks), Ross Ford (Edinburgh Rugby), Richie Gray, Dougie Hall (both Glasgow Warriors), Jim Hamilton (Gloucester), Robert Harley (Glasgow Warriors), Allan Jacobsen (Edinburgh Rugby), Alastair Kellock (Glasgow Warriors), Scott Lawson (Gloucester), Moray Low (Glasgow Warriors), Fraser McKenzie (Sale Sharks), Euan Murray (Newcastle Falcons), Ross Rennie (Edinburgh Rugby), Alasdair Strokosch (Gloucester) and Richie Vernon (Sale Sharks).

AsLongAsBut100ofUs

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Thu 05 Jan 2012, 12:07 pm

Adam D wrote:So who does evefyone think will realistically be cut from the final squad?

I think the squad will be trimmed down to 30. Not what I'd want per say, but can see Danielli, Jones, Vernon, Parks/Jackson (injury permitting), one of the scrum halfs and probably Rob Harly being cut.

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by geoff998rugby Thu 05 Jan 2012, 12:12 pm

Danielli is probably 5th choice winger at Ulster right now - what unearth are Scotland doing picking him.

He has been terrible this year

geoff998rugby

Back to top Go down

Post by mckay1402 Thu 05 Jan 2012, 12:15 pm

Shingler is a very good selection. Didn't know he was scottish but he has a lot of talent and could actually push Jackson and Weir down the pecking order.
mckay1402
mckay1402

Back to top Go down

Post by Peter Seabiscuit Wheeler Thu 05 Jan 2012, 12:21 pm

rugbydreamer wrote:He played for the U20's Wales team in the 6N's last year. Now I always get confused with Welsh Qualification, but doesn't that mean he's WQ and can't play for anyone else? Headscratch

Tom Evans was an England age group international with a welsh surname who played for Scotland...his brothers still in the squad but he didnt play for England first. Wasnt Shingler also born in England?
Did the Dutch lad Visser ever play for an England side too?

The SRU have an active policy of recruiting young ambitious players to their regions with a promise of an relativly easy path to international rugby. Its hard to critisize them for it ( especially when compared to the farce which was Englands attemtped recruitment of league stars) as its helping keep the clubs and national side semi competitive.

Peter Seabiscuit Wheeler

Back to top Go down

Post by Redrage Thu 05 Jan 2012, 12:44 pm

mckay1402 wrote:Shingler is a very good selection. Didn't know he was scottish but he has a lot of talent and could actually push Jackson and Weir down the pecking order.

I agree it is a good bit of poaching but don't think it will push Weir or Jackson further down the pecking order or they wouldn't have selected Parks too. I think he'll be groomed for 12 to add more creativity further infield and support whoever gets the nod in there with kicking duties etc. He is quite a big lad too, so hopefully it will spell an end to Morrison in there for his defensive capabilities.

Redrage

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D Thu 05 Jan 2012, 1:36 pm

Adam D
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by maestegmafia Thu 05 Jan 2012, 1:45 pm

Well good luck. Scots will do well with that Squad, and they need a good year.

They are a lot closer to successful rugby than they are credited...

Last edited by maestegmafia on Thu 05 Jan 2012, 1:47 pm; edited 1 time in total

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 05 Jan 2012, 1:48 pm

maestegmafia wrote:They are a lot closer to successful rugby than they are credited...
Well, they do border the current 6 Nations champions Wink

Back to top Go down

Post by Luckless Pedestrian Thu 05 Jan 2012, 2:48 pm

Some very talented half backs there to choose from. It would be a real shame if Dan Parks got the nod for the Calcutta Cup match because 'it is a truth universally acknowledged' that he can't get a back line moving. Duncan Weir would be my choice at ten.

Last edited by luckless_pedestrian on Thu 05 Jan 2012, 2:49 pm; edited 1 time in total

Luckless Pedestrian

Back to top Go down

Post by Glas a du Thu 05 Jan 2012, 2:50 pm

luckless_pedestrian wrote:Some very talented half backs there to choose from. It would be a real shame if Dan Parks got the nod for the Calcutta Cup match because 'it is a truth universally acknowledged' that he can't get a back line moving.

No, because it is a truth universally acknowledged "that he kicks the corners well and keeps the scoreboard ticking over"
Glas a du
Glas a du

Back to top Go down

Post by Luckless Pedestrian Thu 05 Jan 2012, 2:52 pm

You must want him for the Scarlets then, Glas!

Luckless Pedestrian

Back to top Go down

Post by TJ1 Thu 05 Jan 2012, 5:10 pm

A well - a sort of middling pick from Robinson - depends who gets dropped for the 30.

Having put parks in there I fear he is going to play parks, WTF is Danelli doing in the squad? I suspect Robinson will drop all the youngsters and we will see a very dull and conservative team for the Calcutta cup

TJ1

Back to top Go down

Post by Pat_Mustard Thu 05 Jan 2012, 5:50 pm

Agree. Things will become clearer when he names the 22 for England, but I don't expect him to be too radical with changes. There might be one or two new caps in the 22, probably Weir and Hogg on the bench, and one-cap Denton possibly starting but I wouldn't expect much more.

I hope the players Scot Abroad mentions don't make the 22, Laidlaw at 10 would be good but Robinson wouldn't take him to the World Cup when he had been in great form so I'm not holding my breath. Hopefully Lamont at 12 who is better than Morrison but still won't get a lot of ball to the outside backs, but there aren't many options in the absence of King. There's no way Robinson will start Shingler against England, I expect to see him in the A squad against the Saxons. Same goes for Jones and McKenzie.

Pat_Mustard

Back to top Go down

Post by monty junior Thu 05 Jan 2012, 6:05 pm

Excellent to see now Southwell, gutted about Beattie though he's easily our best ball carrier.

monty junior

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D Thu 05 Jan 2012, 6:11 pm

Here is an interview with AR about the squad:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KUSbGheFYds&feature=share

Adam D
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by 21st Century Schizoid Man Thu 05 Jan 2012, 7:39 pm

Can we get back to talking about the rest of the pool. Either that or mods take all this eligibility guff about an uncapped, and apparently no more than average player, and separate from the important stuff i.e 9,10 and 8 etc etc mad

Back to top Go down

Post by Scot Abroad Thu 05 Jan 2012, 8:34 pm

OK, back on track then. The squad is by no means final so if some players were to play a blinder over the next month then they may be in contention. Danielli can’t even get into the Ulster 23, so I doubt he’ll be playing in January. Similarly, Morrison isn’t getting that much game time for Glasgow and when he does he’s bloody terrible. Surely Scott should be pushing for either place in the squad.

Scot Abroad

Back to top Go down

Post by justified sinner Thu 05 Jan 2012, 9:34 pm

Scot Abroad wrote:OK, back on track then. The squad is by no means final so if some players were to play a blinder over the next month then they may be in contention. Danielli can’t even get into the Ulster 23, so I doubt he’ll be playing in January. Similarly, Morrison isn’t getting that much game time for Glasgow and when he does he’s bloody terrible. Surely Scott should be pushing for either place in the squad.

Agree with you on Scott, but King is playing very well for Edinburgh just now, so he can't get a game. King doesn't appear to be on AR's radar, so no place for either. Strangely same thing happened to Cairns when he was playing well before his injury; guess AR doesn't like Edinburgh centres.

justified sinner

Back to top Go down

Post by AsLongAsBut100ofUs Fri 06 Jan 2012, 9:44 am

By the way, any chance that we could all agree to move the Shingler eligibility discussion to the other thread and keep this one for discussion of the Scottish squad selections? Cheers Braveheart

AsLongAsBut100ofUs

Back to top Go down

Post by AsLongAsBut100ofUs Fri 06 Jan 2012, 9:47 am

On that note, I found this comment from Robbo particularly depressing:

"The next couple of games [at club level], particularly the European games, are huge games. So someone like Simon Danielli, who has not played in this last month and a half, if he wants to be in the 22 he’s got to put in a couple of performances for Ulster, otherwise it’s very difficult to pick him in the team."

Right, so he's obviously aware that Danielli is so hopelessly out of form that he cannot get a game for Ulster (and indeed is not in the first XXIII picked to play in Edinburgh tonite), so why on earth is he being given a place in the squad at all? He's not going to appear for Ulster in Europe presumably (or rather is highly unlikely to), so surely this is a complete waste of a spot? Lee Jones and or Colin Shaw must be completely hacked off by such a RIDICULOUS selection furious

Braveheart

AsLongAsBut100ofUs

Back to top Go down

Post by Pete C (Kiwireddevil) Fri 06 Jan 2012, 9:50 am

I'm going to lock this thread for a few minutes folks, and split off the Shingler debate so we can keep this thread for team discussion.

Pete C (Kiwireddevil)
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)

Back to top Go down

Post by Pete C (Kiwireddevil) Fri 06 Jan 2012, 10:15 am

Job done. Please keep Shingler eligibility stuff on this thread https://www.606v2.com/t21307-another-concerning-issue-for-the-wru-over-steven-shingler#822705, and leave this one for the Scottish squad Smile
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 7 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next