The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Cardiff Blues squad and off-field updates.

+53
BIGFASE100
munkian
pharmachris
Notch
Artful_Dodger
2ndtimeround
Cari
Steffan
red_stag
glamorganalun
RC13
slartibartfast
HammerofThunor
maestegmafia
IanBru
justified sinner
Comfort
oxring
Casartelli
Stone Motif
manofgwent
Liam
Coleman
Morgannwg
21st Century Schizoid Man
profitius
thebluesmancometh
dogtooth
ScarletSpiderman
bedfordwelsh
Cymroglan
gowales
Shifty
Kingshu
DRAGONONPARADE
Looseheaded
GavinDragon
LordDowlais
Feckless Rogue
geoff998rugby
BridgendBoyo
Smirnoffpriest
Eclipse
pioden gorllewin
XR
Welshmushroom
doctornickolas
rodders
chewed_mintie
HERSH
Cardiff Dave
formerly known as Sam
wales606
57 posters

Page 15 of 20 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 20  Next

Go down

Cardiff Blues squad and off-field updates. - Page 15 Empty Cardiff Blues squad and off-field updates.

Post by wales606 Tue 28 Feb 2012, 11:07 am

First topic message reminder :

It appears that the following players will be leaving the Blues at the end of the season

DEPARTURE

Gavin Henson - Sacked

TRThomas - Despite being given the captaincy a few times this season, Thomas is due to leave - He is one of the players who has been excellent for us, is available all year round and we should be building a team around him. But he is off to Wasps.

Gethin Jenkins - 1 of our 4 world class players is off to Toulon

Casey Laulaula - The second centre to go, he is off to Munster, despite being available all year round.

Dan Parks is off to Connacht

Ritchie Rees is going to Edinburgh

Deniol Jones is retired

Martyn Williams is retiring

Mamma Molitika is retiring

John Yapp is leaving to go to Edinburgh

Ben Blair has apparently been offered a contract in France, at Lyon and is leaving

Jamie Roberts will miss a large part of next season through injury

Paul Tito is retiring

Ryan Tyrell is returning to Australia

Xavier Rush has retired as a player due to injury

Justin Burnell has left with immediate effect

Richard Mustoe rumoured retirement

ARRIVING AND STAYING

Xavier Rush has become the next defence coach

Jason Tovey is the only new signing of any significance announced so far, from the Dragons

Robin Copeland is confirmed from Rotherham RFC - some good reports, a replacement for Molitika

Lou Reed is signing though from the Scarlets

And Gavin Evans has signed a new 2 year contract extension...woop Shocked

Benoit Bourrust a THP from Perpignan is arriving

Fijian LHP prop Campese Ma'afu has signed from Australian side West Harbour Pirates

Hooker Andi Kyriacou is being targeted from Ulster - confirmed

Ceri Sweeney is staying with the Blues with a contract extension

Fau Filise has signed a contract extension (Probably 1 year)

A new Director of Rugby Phil Davies has joined.

Alex Cuthbert has signed a 1 year extension

Rob Lewis confirmed coming at SH from London Welsh

Deniol Jones is now team manager

Lee Jarvis has been appointed skills coach

Squad for next season

Props
Sam Hobbs
Ma'afu Campese
Benoit Bourrust
Scott Andrews
Fau Filise
Ryan Hartford
Nathan Trevett
Thomas Davies

Hookers
Andy Kyricau
Kristian Dacey
Mark Breeze
Rhys Williams

Locks
Bradley Davies
Lou Reed
James Down
Cory Hill
McCauley Cook
Matthew Screech

Backrow
Michael Paterson
Robin Copeland
Sam Warburton
Josh Navidi
Andreus Pretorious
Ellis Jenkins
Thomas Young
Luke Hamilton

Scrum Halfs
Lloyd Williams
Rob Lewis
Lewis Jones

Fly Halfs
Jason Tovey
Ceri Sweeney
Rhys Patchell

Centres
Jamie Roberts
Daffydd Hewitt
Gavin Evans
Cory Allen
Owen Williams

Back 3
Alex Cuthbert
Tom James
Leigh Halfpenny
Dan Fish
Chris Czekaj
Harry Robinson

Last edited by wales606 on Wed 25 Jul 2012, 1:18 pm; edited 32 times in total
wales606
wales606

Back to top Go down

Cardiff Blues squad and off-field updates. - Page 15 Empty Re: Cardiff Blues squad and off-field updates.

Post by thebluesmancometh Tue 29 May 2012, 1:29 pm

Not sure Blues can quite look to HC success yet.

I can't see the Blues playing squad being anywhere near that in the next 3 years, TH's LH's and Hookers don't grow on trees. We also need a top 8, 6, 10, 13, not to mention back ups in numerous positions!

I'll take being home for this season.

thebluesmancometh

Back to top Go down

Cardiff Blues squad and off-field updates. - Page 15 Empty Re: Cardiff Blues squad and off-field updates.

Post by Cardiff Dave Tue 29 May 2012, 1:42 pm

thebluesmancometh wrote:Not sure Blues can quite look to HC success yet.

I can't see the Blues playing squad being anywhere near that in the next 3 years, TH's LH's and Hookers don't grow on trees. We also need a top 8, 6, 10, 13, not to mention back ups in numerous positions!

I'll take being home for this season.

Yes indeed.

Cardiff Dave

Back to top Go down

Post by wales606 Wed 30 May 2012, 3:33 pm

From the armsparkforum

Thank you for your email and feedback. While the press may have announced a probable move to Sardis Road for the LV= Cup fixtures in the coming season this is not a message that we released or promoted through the press. While the matter has been discussed a number of weeks ago, no arrangements have been made and no meeting has taken place in regards to this suggestion.

wales606
wales606

Back to top Go down

Post by Cardiff Dave Wed 30 May 2012, 7:25 pm

wales606 wrote:From the armsparkforum

Thank you for your email and feedback. While the press may have announced a probable move to Sardis Road for the LV= Cup fixtures in the coming season this is not a message that we released or promoted through the press. While the matter has been discussed a number of weeks ago, no arrangements have been made and no meeting has taken place in regards to this suggestion.

We're none the wiser then.

Cardiff Dave

Back to top Go down

Post by wales606 Wed 30 May 2012, 8:28 pm

Cardiff Dave wrote:
wales606 wrote:Phil Davies on Scrum V last said that this was it when it comes to player signing (well, along those lines)

Not sure about where that leaves Reed and Bourrust, perhaps they have signed, but havent been officially announced? (I though Reed was pretty much deal done a few months ago)

Remember that Filise was listed as one of the 12 players definitely leaving after the Edinburgh game yet they went and extended his contract, so who knows.
Any news on Jake Cooper-Woolley, the Cardiff Uni captain and THP? And Rob Lewis, the London Welsh scrum half?

Apparently the Cardiff Uni head coach Martyn Fowler is the new DOR at CRFC - and Cooper-Woolley has a contract with CRFC at least (maybe something with the Blues academy aswell)
wales606
wales606

Back to top Go down

Post by wales606 Fri 08 Jun 2012, 5:33 pm

Lou Reed and Bourrust confirmed!

WOOP!

We might have a good scrum next season, and will have some very good options in the second row.

WE HAVE A NEW THP...ITS A MIRACLE!
wales606
wales606

Back to top Go down

Post by Cymroglan Fri 08 Jun 2012, 8:21 pm

Cardiff Blues rugby region lose nearly £2.3m, accounts show

Rugby region Cardiff Blues' have made a loss of almost £2.3m for the year ending May 2011.

The region also reported a fall in turnover, down to £7,415,870 from £8,773,243 the previous year.

The accounts submitted to Companies House under Cardiff Rugby Football Club Ltd state the financial year "proved challenging, both on and off the field".

No-one from Cardiff Blues was available for comment.

The losses have been explained, in part, by increased playing and coaching costs and the region's failure to reach the play-off stages of the Celtic League during that season.

According to the accounts, the squad expenditure was invested for the ongoing development of the Cardiff Blues and was made possible by continued financial support from chairman Peter Thomas.

Mr Thomas, according to the director's report, has indicated he will continue to provide financial support to the company and cost-cutting work is ongoing.

Last month, the Blues confirmed they will return to the Arms Park after just three seasons at Cardiff City Stadium.

The Blues moved to the stadium in 2009 but crowds at the home of the city's football team have been disappointing.

"This move is important for our future sustainability," Blues chief executive Richard Holland said.

Cymroglan

Back to top Go down

Post by Cardiff Dave Fri 08 Jun 2012, 8:32 pm

Cymroglan wrote:Cardiff Blues rugby region lose nearly £2.3m, accounts show

Rugby region Cardiff Blues' have made a loss of almost £2.3m for the year ending May 2011.

The region also reported a fall in turnover, down to £7,415,870 from £8,773,243 the previous year.

The accounts submitted to Companies House under Cardiff Rugby Football Club Ltd state the financial year "proved challenging, both on and off the field".

No-one from Cardiff Blues was available for comment.

The losses have been explained, in part, by increased playing and coaching costs and the region's failure to reach the play-off stages of the Celtic League during that season.

According to the accounts, the squad expenditure was invested for the ongoing development of the Cardiff Blues and was made possible by continued financial support from chairman Peter Thomas.

Mr Thomas, according to the director's report, has indicated he will continue to provide financial support to the company and cost-cutting work is ongoing.

Last month, the Blues confirmed they will return to the Arms Park after just three seasons at Cardiff City Stadium.

The Blues moved to the stadium in 2009 but crowds at the home of the city's football team have been disappointing.

"This move is important for our future sustainability," Blues chief executive Richard Holland said.

Is this a Fail article?
Not one mention of how much it cost to be at CCS.
Why am I not surprised?
How much does the club now owe Peter Thomas for his generousity I wonder? Must be something close to £6m directly and indirectly.
Great idea going to Leckwith Pete.

Cardiff Dave

Back to top Go down

Post by Liam Fri 08 Jun 2012, 8:54 pm

I think Wales Today reported they were paying 375,000 a year to rent the CCS. That obviously has contributed plus the dreadful numbers showing up to the ground.

Just a relief they are back at CAP. They really need to re-develop it though and upgrade the facilities. Where they are going to get the money I don't know, maybe Peter but Like you said Dave, we aren't half running into some debt with him. Perhaps he may right it off but I doubt it. He's a business man, he will want some return on it. Or, he may say forget about it if he loves the region that much.

Liam

Back to top Go down

Post by Cymroglan Fri 08 Jun 2012, 9:00 pm

If putting money into the club saves him some tax then as a businessman he will exploit it.

Cymroglan

Back to top Go down

Post by Liam Fri 08 Jun 2012, 9:03 pm

Good signings with Reed and Borrust particularly, wouldn't be confident with Andrews and an academy player perhaps playing second fiddle for the season.

Still desperately need a 8, 9, 10, 12, 13 and maybe a 15. Not too much to ask eh?.

Liam

Back to top Go down

Post by Cardiff Dave Fri 08 Jun 2012, 9:26 pm

martyr_94 wrote:I think Wales Today reported they were paying 375,000 a year to rent the CCS. That obviously has contributed plus the dreadful numbers showing up to the ground.

Just a relief they are back at CAP. They really need to re-develop it though and upgrade the facilities. Where they are going to get the money I don't know, maybe Peter but Like you said Dave, we aren't half running into some debt with him. Perhaps he may right it off but I doubt it. He's a business man, he will want some return on it. Or, he may say forget about it if he loves the region that much.

As far as i'm concerned Thomas, because of what he did, should scrub the slate clean so that Cardiff RFC owe him nothing and at the same time drop his trousers and present his wrinkly backside to all Cardiff supporters in Westgate Street on a Friday evening, so they can kick it into the river Taff. And after every kick he should give thanks.
Alternatively he could enter the Arms Park clubhouse for a chat with supporters, but I think the former would be more appealing to him if he had the choice.

CAP is being refurbed now. The money is there. The money has always been there.

Cardiff Dave

Back to top Go down

Post by Liam Fri 08 Jun 2012, 9:41 pm

Is that going on basic facilities and press boxes I assume?

Is there plans on re-building some of the stands, allowing the MS to be finally finished.

Liam

Back to top Go down

Post by Cardiff Dave Fri 08 Jun 2012, 10:16 pm

martyr_94 wrote:Is that going on basic facilities and press boxes I assume?

Is there plans on re-building some of the stands, allowing the MS to be finally finished.

Give us a chance. We've only just returned home and we won't be wasting vast sums of cash which is the most important thing. See the quotes below.
I think at this stage, it'll be a brush and polish for now and not much else althogh the opportunity to do more is there as it always has been. If the MS gets the go ahead to be "completed" (Glanmor's gulch) I would question the reasons for doing so. It was estimated that it would cost £30m, but who would gain from the venture?

"Mr Ghattas said the return to Cardiff Arms Park – which will have a capacity of just under 13,000 – in the upcoming season would save the club about £400,000 a year.
Around 1,900 season tickets have already been sold, which is higher than the total sales for last year (1,800 members).
The return to the Arms Park, combined with the reduced wage bill and new sponsorship agreements, should save the Blues about £2m a year, according to Mr Ghattas."

Read More http://www.walesonline.co.uk/rugbynation/cardiff-blues/2012/06/08/cardiff-blues-report-operating-loss-of-2-3m-for-last-year-91466-31141434/#ixzz1xEoQuUy2

Cardiff Dave

Back to top Go down

Post by Liam Fri 08 Jun 2012, 10:28 pm

Cardiff Dave wrote:
martyr_94 wrote:Is that going on basic facilities and press boxes I assume?

Give us a chance. We've only just returned home and we won't be wasting vast sums of cash which is the most important thing. See the quotes below.
I think at this stage, it'll be a brush and polish for now and not much else althogh the opportunity to do more is there as it always has been. If the MS gets the go ahead to be "completed" (Glanmor's gulch) I would question the reasons for doing so. It was estimated that it would cost £30m, but who would gain from the venture?

"Mr Ghattas said the return to Cardiff Arms Park – which will have a capacity of just under 13,000 – in the upcoming season would save the club about £400,000 a year.
Around 1,900 season tickets have already been sold, which is higher than the total sales for last year (1,800 members).
The return to the Arms Park, combined with the reduced wage bill and new sponsorship agreements, should save the Blues about £2m a year, according to Mr Ghattas."

Read More http://www.walesonline.co.uk/rugbynation/cardiff-blues/2012/06/08/cardiff-blues-report-operating-loss-of-2-3m-for-last-year-91466-31141434/#ixzz1xEoQuUy2

Hahah, when I said about the plans I was referring to 5+ years time, but yeh they just need to get settle there again like you said. £400,000 savings a year Shocked what a disaster that move to the CCS was.

Liam

Back to top Go down

Post by Cardiff Dave Fri 08 Jun 2012, 10:42 pm

martyr_94 wrote:

Hahah, when I said about the plans I was referring to 5+ years time, but yeh they just need to get settle there again like you said. £400,000 savings a year Shocked what a disaster that move to the CCS was.

Mightily relieved to get back home to CAP as Cardiff would have ceased to be if they'd stayed another year at CCS. The £400,000 figure is rubbish too as they'll be saving at least twice that being back at the Arms Park. Probably more actually and the rent and costs alone exceeded £500,000 basic at CCS.

5+ years time, who knows. A month ago I wouldn't have given Cardiff Blues another year.

Cardiff Dave

Back to top Go down

Post by wales606 Sat 09 Jun 2012, 6:02 pm

The Blues have sold 4500 season tickets as of last Thursday apparently.

Pretty good going without any offers.
wales606
wales606

Back to top Go down

Post by Cardiff Dave Sat 09 Jun 2012, 7:45 pm

wales606 wrote:The Blues have sold 4500 season tickets as of last Thursday apparently.

KERCHING!!!
That's gotta be close to a million quid in the bank and it'll be well over that when they sell the posh corporate hospitality spaces, however many there are.
Plenty of cash already to pay off the rent we still owe to CCFC.

Cardiff Dave

Back to top Go down

Post by wales606 Sat 09 Jun 2012, 7:52 pm

Cardiff Dave wrote:
wales606 wrote:The Blues have sold 4500 season tickets as of last Thursday apparently.

KERCHING!!!
That's gotta be close to a million quid in the bank and it'll be well over that when they sell the posh corporate hospitality spaces, however many there are.

It is a pity that all that money is going straight to pay off CCFC.

Ah well, give it a few years and we might actually be able to use it to pay people to play rugby.
wales606
wales606

Back to top Go down

Post by Cardiff Dave Sat 09 Jun 2012, 8:02 pm

wales606 wrote:
Cardiff Dave wrote:

KERCHING!!!

Ah well, give it a few years and we might actually be able to use it to pay people to play rugby.

I'm thankful we got away from CCS scot-free. All we have to pay is rent that we still owe.

Cardiff Dave

Back to top Go down

Post by wales606 Sat 09 Jun 2012, 8:30 pm

Cardiff Dave wrote:
wales606 wrote:
Cardiff Dave wrote:

KERCHING!!!

I'm thankful we got away from CCS scot-free. All we have to pay is rent that we still owe.

Yep, but last years accounts are not good - and there will be more bad news from next years since they run a season behind. Rolling Eyes
wales606
wales606

Back to top Go down

Post by Cardiff Dave Sat 09 Jun 2012, 8:40 pm

wales606 wrote:
Cardiff Dave wrote:

Yep, but last years accounts are not good - and there will be more bad news from next years since they run a season behind. Rolling Eyes

Correct, but we got out of the crippling CCS deal which was the cause of these disasterous financial losses. The next accounts will tell us what we already know, that we lost shed loads last season as well.

Cardiff Dave

Back to top Go down

Post by wales606 Sat 09 Jun 2012, 8:54 pm

It wasn't like we were making a profit before the move though Crying or Very sad

The cap might help with that, but won't benefit performance on the pitch.
wales606
wales606

Back to top Go down

Post by wales606 Sat 09 Jun 2012, 8:57 pm

They have also sold 17/37 boxes at 12k each for the first year (and 10k for the next 2)

That's a nice 200k in back rent.

I hope they sell the other 20 too.
wales606
wales606

Back to top Go down

Post by Cardiff Dave Sat 09 Jun 2012, 9:10 pm

wales606 wrote:It wasn't like we were making a profit before the move though Crying or Very sad

The cap might help with that, but won't benefit performance on the pitch.

The last season at CAP we lost around £500k I believe and we had a much bigger squad then with international players on the bench too.
As you know Cardiff Blues hope to break even next season and I believe they will get very close to achieving that. The refurb of CAP with more bars and food outlets etc will help enormously in that respect.

Cardiff Dave

Back to top Go down

Post by Cardiff Dave Sat 09 Jun 2012, 9:19 pm

wales606 wrote:They have also sold 17/37 boxes at 12k each for the first year (and 10k for the next 2)

That's a nice 200k in back rent.

I hope they sell the other 20 too.

Cheaper than they were 9 years ago;

"Enjoy Corporate Hospitality At The Arms Park
16 July 2003

There are a limited number of hospitality suites available at Cardiff Arms Park for the forthcoming season.
Each suite offers the finest facilities to entertain clients and provides a spectacular view of the rugby action. Your guests will be able to enjoy, not only the rugby, but also your hospitality in comfortable surroundings.
The special sound system will really make you feel part of the crowd by bringing the sound of each match into the suite.
In addition to the guaranteed 29 games at the Arms Park this season, the suite can be utilised for all events held at the Millennium Stadium, whether rugby, football, pop concerts or exhibitions. The suites are also an ideal venue for holding business meetings and training courses or simply a quiet haven away from the office.

One year lease for season 2003/4 is £13500 + VAT."

http://www.cardiffblues.com/news/319.php

Cardiff Dave

Back to top Go down

Post by wales606 Sun 10 Jun 2012, 3:33 pm

According to the armspark

Burnell has been sacked and Baber may follow.

Personally, I think Baber is the worst of the two, and I really hope he goes.

It will be interesting to see who the replacements are. Davies will bring a big chance since the Dia Young era is not really over - we could see McIntosh and John involved...I certainly hope so.
wales606
wales606

Back to top Go down

Post by Coleman Sun 10 Jun 2012, 3:55 pm

wales606 wrote:According to the armspark

It will be interesting to see who the replacements are. Davies will bring a big chance since the Dia Young era is not really over - we could see McIntosh and John involved...I certainly hope so.

Where did you hear this? If it is true i hope Baber is next to go like you said. Will be interesting to see who Phil brings in.

Coleman

Back to top Go down

Post by Morgannwg Sun 10 Jun 2012, 5:02 pm

Blues look like they have another promising no.7 on their books (Ellis Jenkins). Reckon you'll mess this one up aswell?
Morgannwg
Morgannwg

Back to top Go down

Post by Coleman Sun 10 Jun 2012, 5:26 pm

Morgannwg wrote:Blues look like they have another promising no.7 on their books (Ellis Jenkins). Reckon you'll mess this one up aswell?

Like we messed Sam up? Headscratch

Coleman

Back to top Go down

Post by gowales Sun 10 Jun 2012, 5:40 pm

wales606 wrote:According to the armspark

Sean Holley wouldn't be a bad acquisition.

gowales

Back to top Go down

Post by wales606 Sun 10 Jun 2012, 6:07 pm

Morgannwg wrote:Blues look like they have another promising no.7 on their books (Ellis Jenkins). Reckon you'll mess this one up aswell?

Yeah, probably - after all we did put an end to Martyn's career when he moved here. Oh and we completely ruined that Warburton fella, not to mention Navidi and Thomas Young.

Oh, and Ellis Jenkins is a 6, not a 7. I believe he played 7 against NZ U20s so they could out muscle them, it was an odd decision considering how well Dan Thomas had played against Fiji at 7 (and he proved it off the bench with a brilliant turnover within seconds).
wales606
wales606

Back to top Go down

Post by Morgannwg Sun 10 Jun 2012, 6:21 pm

I was kidding, they haven't messed anyone up.

An odd decision? That's what I thought at first until I watched the game. Jenkins made some vital turnovers himself, Dan Thomas is definitely the one to watch though. Hamilton was the disapointing one for me against the Baby Blacks, not sure what Ieuan Jones has to do to get in the team.
Morgannwg
Morgannwg

Back to top Go down

Post by wales606 Wed 13 Jun 2012, 1:00 pm

Ding dong the witch is (subject to contract negotiations) dead!

Baber has been told to sling his hook too.

Cardiff Blues look set to part company with coaches Justin Burnell and Gareth Baber – provided agreement can be reached on the settlement of their contracts.

New director of rugby Phil Davies pledged to review all aspects of the Blues’ squad and team management when he took over last month.

WalesOnline understands neither Burnell nor Baber feature in Davies’ future plans, though they both have a year remaining on their present deals so any parting of the ways will be subject to negotiation.

The pair took charge of the region last season following the departure of Dai Young a year ago and led the side to the quarter-finals of the Heineken Cup.

But they endured a disappointing campaign in the RaboDirect Pro12 and were hammered by Leinster in that last eight clash in Europe.

The end of the season saw mass the announcement of mass playing departures, poor attendances and disappointing performances, with the Blues board later taking the drastic step of moving back to Cardiff Arms Park from Cardiff City Stadium after three years as tenants of the football club.

The Blues reported a £2.3m loss in their most recent set of accounts.

If Burnell and Baber’s departures are rubber-stamped, it’s unclear who Davies would bring in to replace them.

Former Wales and Lions scrum-half Robert Jones may be an option to take charge of the backs, having worked with Davies at the Scarlets.

Davies himself intends to take a hands-on role with the forwards, though he may need to reinforce his staff given his wider brief.

Read More http://www.walesonline.co.uk/rugbynation/rugby-news/2012/06/13/coaches-justin-burnell-and-gareth-baber-set-to-leave-cardiff-blues-91466-31174929/#ixzz1xfqKY1xn

Last edited by wales606 on Wed 13 Jun 2012, 1:31 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : no credit report for you)
wales606
wales606

Back to top Go down

Post by Morgannwg Wed 13 Jun 2012, 1:19 pm

Blues could well fly the flag in Europe again! Depends if the new front row can stand up to the might of Toulon. And what's the bet they get another homer french ref up in Sale doing everything he can to ensure the Blues can't challenge the French team for the top spot? steam.

Where can I get my FREE Equifax Credit Report btw?

Last edited by Morgannwg on Wed 13 Jun 2012, 1:44 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : *bet.. Not best!)
Morgannwg
Morgannwg

Back to top Go down

Post by wales606 Wed 13 Jun 2012, 1:30 pm

hahaha, Walesonline like to put advertisements everywhere
wales606
wales606

Back to top Go down

Post by Smirnoffpriest Wed 13 Jun 2012, 1:49 pm

It sometimes gets difficult to see the article for all the adverts, especially when there's other video adverts start playing if you've got your speakers on!

Though it's easier to say the Western Fail is poo.

Smirnoffpriest

Back to top Go down

Post by Smirnoffpriest Wed 13 Jun 2012, 1:50 pm

It is amazing the turn around with the Blues and how much good news is coming out - if this carries on they'll announce 11,000 season ticket sales and that Geth has done a U-turn and is staying next!

Smirnoffpriest

Back to top Go down

Post by wales606 Wed 13 Jun 2012, 2:56 pm

Smirnoffpriest wrote:It is amazing the turn around with the Blues and how much good news is coming out - if this carries on they'll announce 11,000 season ticket sales and that Geth has done a U-turn and is staying next!

Haha, that would be nice.

5000+ season ticket sales so far though. Wink

Things are certainly looking up for next season.
wales606
wales606

Back to top Go down

Post by XR Wed 13 Jun 2012, 3:34 pm

If he's gonna be hands on in the forwards then i will imagine he'll take an overview role there. Wouldn't be surprised if this opens the door for Dale Macintosh & Paul John to come in although i would say it would be one or the other - doubt the pie man could stomach hiring two ponty coaches Wink

I have my season ticket for next year sorted already and hopefully we get off to a good start and get CAP packed.

XR

Back to top Go down

Post by XR Wed 13 Jun 2012, 3:38 pm

Reading it again on WOL and one comment from a user mentioned Mark Ring's name. Now there's someone who should be allowed to coach in the regional game, but i would imagine his free-speaking ways aren't liked much down at the CAP. But hey, if Peter Thomas can step in to Sardis Road then unthinkable things can happen

XR

Back to top Go down

Post by wales606 Wed 13 Jun 2012, 3:39 pm

gcBlues wrote:If he's gonna be hands on in the forwards then i will imagine he'll take an overview role there. Wouldn't be surprised if this opens the door for Dale Macintosh & Paul John to come in although i would say it would be one or the other - doubt the pie man could stomach hiring two ponty coaches Wink

I have my season ticket for next year sorted already and hopefully we get off to a good start and get CAP packed.

Im pretty sure The Chief and John are already contracted to the Blues to work in the academy (McIntosh certainly is)

I would like to see both promoted.
wales606
wales606

Back to top Go down

Post by ScarletSpiderman Wed 13 Jun 2012, 3:41 pm

If they did promote the Chief and John then that would surely be a step to patching up relations with / appeasing the valleys, as well as bringing in (hoepfully) two decent coaches
ScarletSpiderman
ScarletSpiderman

Back to top Go down

Post by XR Wed 13 Jun 2012, 3:52 pm

I agree, but to patch up relations entirely things need to be more drastic than that but i agree, it's a start.

XR

Back to top Go down

Post by Smirnoffpriest Wed 13 Jun 2012, 3:59 pm

gcBlues wrote:I agree, but to patch up relations entirely things need to be more drastic than that but i agree, it's a start.

Small steps, little seeds and mixed metaphors as they say...

Smirnoffpriest

Back to top Go down

Post by doctornickolas Thu 14 Jun 2012, 10:59 am

wales606 wrote:
Smirnoffpriest wrote:It is amazing the turn around with the Blues and how much good news is coming out - if this carries on they'll announce 11,000 season ticket sales and that Geth has done a U-turn and is staying next!

Haha, that would be nice.

5000+ season ticket sales so far though. Wink

Things are certainly looking up for next season.

Where are you getting those numbers from? Seems a good start if that's the case compared to the miserable figure of 1,800 quoted for last years membership.

doctornickolas

Back to top Go down

Post by Cardiff Dave Thu 14 Jun 2012, 11:43 am

doctornickolas wrote:

Where are you getting those numbers from? Seems a good start if that's the case compared to the miserable figure of 1,800 quoted for last years membership.

From a reliable source who I believe has business dealings with Cardiff Blues.

Cardiff Dave

Back to top Go down

Post by wales606 Mon 18 Jun 2012, 12:26 am

Baber may be staying apparently Shocked

furious

I will not be happy if this is confirmed.
wales606
wales606

Back to top Go down

Post by Kingshu Mon 18 Jun 2012, 9:54 am

Blues can realistically aim to get out of thier group in the H-cup, but do you think they have a chance of making the Pro 12 play offs?

Kingshu

Back to top Go down

Post by wales606 Mon 18 Jun 2012, 11:09 am

Kingshu wrote:Blues can realistically aim to get out of thier group in the H-cup, but do you think they have a chance of making the Pro 12 play offs?

Depends on how Davies does (and if Baber leaves and we get a semi-decent backs coach)

Realistically, no, Ulster, Munster, Ospreys, Leinster, Glasgow and Scarlets will all be there or there abouts - and I cant see us leapfrogging 3 of those.
wales606
wales606

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 15 of 20 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 20  Next