The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Homepage

+7
LukeLovesLuka
stnick88
prop_lyd
Driver
Sgt_Pooly
dammit_chris
Ozzy3213
11 posters

Page 19 of 20 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20  Next

Go down

Homepage - Page 19 Empty Homepage

Post by Ozzy3213 Tue 03 Jul 2012, 11:30 am

First topic message reminder :

Homepage - Page 19 Aviva+Premiership+Logo
Upcoming Fixtures: AP R1 - Newcastle Falcons v Sale Sharks, Gloucester v Northampton Saints, London Welsh v Leicester Tigers, Saracens v London Irish, London Wasps v Harlequins, Worcester Warriors v Bath Rugby

Homepage - Page 19 Aviva-Premiership-Trophy-e1306508139154
2011/2012 – Newcastle Falcons
2010/2011 - Newcastle Falcons
2009/2010 - Saracens
2008/2009 - London Irish

POS Aviva PremiershipPLAYEDWONDREWLOST P F P A P D T F T A TBP LBP POINTS
1 Homepage - Page 19 1Bath Rugby000 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0
2 Homepage - Page 19 2Gloucester000 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0
3 Homepage - Page 19 7Harlequins000 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0
4 Homepage - Page 19 4Leicester Tigers000 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0
5 Homepage - Page 19 5London Irish0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0
6 Homepage - Page 19 6London Wasps000 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0
7 Homepage - Page 19 50London Welsh0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0
8 Homepage - Page 19 8Newcastle Falcons000 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0
9 Homepage - Page 19 9Northampton Saints000 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0
10 Homepage - Page 19 12Sale Sharks0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0
11 Homepage - Page 19 11Saracens000 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 00
12 Homepage - Page 19 57Worcester Warriors000 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0

Waiting List
1. pullthestrings
2. Bathite

Welcome to Season 5 of the Aviva Premiership fantasty rugby game. Below are the rules of the game which must be adhered to. If there are any situations that arise in the course of the game which are not covered by the rules, a final decision will be made by the RFU (Ozzy3213) as to how the situation will be resolved.

Senior Squads wrote:
The maximum squad size is 40 senior players. If a team has more than 40 players in their squad then they will be fined £1 million per player over the permitted amounts per day for the first seven days. If after 7 consecutive days a team still has more than the permitted number of players then the team will be fined £2 million per player per day, and fined 1 league point per player per day for the next seven days. If after this time a team still has more than the permitted number of players in their squad, the RFU (me) will remove players at it’s discretion to bring them back under the permitted numbers. There will be no right of appeal to players being removed.

Be aware that all tier one international matches which are played during the season will count in the game, and players selected in the matchday 22's for those matches will not be eligible to play for their clubs on that weekend, therefore you must give due consideration to the make up of your squad.

Academy Rules wrote:
Each team will be allowed to have a listed senior academy squad of 20 players. Players who are in the senior academy must be under 22 years of age as of 1st September 2012 (therefore must have been born on or after 1st Septmber 1990). Players who are under the age of 20 (so born after 1st September 1992) AND are in the academy of the club that you are managing in real life, DO NOT need to be listed as senior academy players as part of your 20, but are available to you in this game and cannot be poached by other clubs without paying you a fee.

Should a player not listed in your 20 senior academy players, but part of the clubs academy in real life move clubs in real life, then you will have first option of promoting him to your listed senior academy. If you choose not to take this option he will become property of the club that he moves to in real life in this game.

Transfers wrote:

• Domestic (other AP Teams)
    Each team has a budget to use in the purchase of players. Domestic transfers between AP clubs, regardless of nationality of player, should be negotiated between the respective managers, and then confirmed on the Domestic Transfer Confirmation Page.

• Domestic (Championship and below)
    Each team may during the season purchase no more than 3 players from the Championship or the National Leagues. These players must be bid for on the Championship/National League bidding page, and each bid will be considered by me on it's own merits before being accepted or rejected. No bid will be accepted until a minimum of 24 hours has elapsed from the time the bid was made, in order to afford other managers the opportunity to make a counter bid.

• Foreign
    To make a foreign transfer (i.e from any club outside of the AP, regardless of whether the player is English) a bid should be made on the Foreign Transfers Page, which will be considered by me against the posted guidelines for purchase prices before being accepted or rejected. No bid will be accepted until a minimum of 24 hours has elapsed from the time the bid was made, in order to afford other managers the opportunity to make a counter bid.

Foreign transfers will unlimited during the off season and 2 during the season. The exact dates of the two transfer windows during the season is to be confirmed.

Player Releases wrote:
Managers may choose to release players from their clubs, for which they will be offered compensation

Compensation will be paid as follows

£2 million – current international (must have played international rugby in the previous 12 months)
£1.5 million – former international
£1m – top flight experience
£0.5m – other

If a released player plays in real life for a team outside of this game he will be deemed to have returned to that team. If not then he will be deemed to have signed for a Championship side. If another manager wants to pick a released player up, they will have to bid for him in the same way as for a foreign or Championship/National League player.

Retirements wrote:
There will be no compensation for retiring players. Should a player who retires decide to come out of retirement and play again, then he will automatically go back to the club who he was playing for in the game when he retired.

Fixtures wrote:
There will be 22 Aviva Premiership games per season, plus the play offs. There will also be Heineken Cup, Amlin Challenge Cup and Anglo Welsh Cup matches. These games will take place once a week. A thread will be put up for managers to name their teams on Thursdays, then on Fridays, managers will post the scores that they think will happen from these games (apart from games in which they are involved). An average of all predictions will be taken, and then 0.5 points added to each teams score for each prediction that had them as the winner, and that will then be the final score.

Teams wrote:
When naming your team, not only should you put the starting XV and replacements, but also tactics that your team will employ. Results will be affected by the tactics described.

In addition, each team must have the following:-

At least 10 England qualified players in your matchday 23, and at least 5 of those must be in your starting XV.

At least 2 props and 1 hooker on the bench.

All players must be eligible (not injured or banned).

Failure to comply with these rules will result in forfeiting the match and a 1 league point deduction.

If you fail to submit a team for a match, then the other team will be automatically awarded a 30-0 bonus point win. If both teams fail to submit a team, then it will be scored as a 0-0 draw.

Injuries and Suspensions wrote:
Injuries in this game do NOT reflect real life, they will be generated by me.

Players banned in real life will be ineligible for selection in this game for the duration of the ban.

Inclusion of injured/banned players will result in them being replaced by players on the bench, and the bench not having eight players, which may result in punishment if it concerns the front-row.

Punishment for fielding an ineligible player will be loss of one match point for a first offence, two for a second offence and so on.

Financial Rewards wrote:
There will be no rewards for the result of an individual match, instead the managers will receive cash for predicting.

£1.5m for descriptive predictions
£0.25m for scores on the doors predictions
If you fail to predict without first advising me that you are unable to do so that week, you will be fined £1m for a first offence, £2m for a second offence, £3m for a third offence etc.

AP finishing positions.

Champions: 8m
Runners Up: 6m
Playoff Semi Finalist Losers: 5m
5th: 4m
6th: 3.5m
7th: 3m
8th: 2.5m
9th: 2m
10th: 1.5m
11th: 1m
12th: 0.5m

Heineken Cup

Losing Quarter Finalists - £2 million each
Losing Semi Finalists - £3 million each
Runners Up - £4 million
Champions - £5 million

Amlin Challenge Cup

Losing Quarter Finalists - £1 million each
Losing Semi Finalists - £2 million each
Runners Up - £3 million
Champions - £4 million

Anglo-Welsh Cup

Losing Semi Finalisst - £1 million each
Runners Up - £2 million
Champions - £3 million

If your budgets falls below minus £10 million for any reason, the administrators (ozzy3213) will step in and players from within your squad will be released for the relevant financial compensation in order to bring your budget back above minus £10 million.

Last edited by Ozzy3213 on Thu 30 Aug 2012, 10:59 pm; edited 8 times in total
Ozzy3213
Ozzy3213

Back to top Go down

Homepage - Page 19 Empty Re: Homepage

Post by Sgt_Pooly Mon 27 Aug 2012, 10:09 am

Yea it's the Bulls way but it's not working at all, they've been dominated at breakdown every game.

Sgt_Pooly

Back to top Go down

Post by Ozzy3213 Mon 27 Aug 2012, 10:18 am

Terrible about Ansbro, that could be a career ender.

Most South Africans are up in arms about Meyers selection and tactics, but he is a stubborn guy and I don't see him changing too much.

Morne will remain at 10, the only possible change I can see is him bringing Vermeulen into the squad.
Ozzy3213
Ozzy3213

Back to top Go down

Post by dammit_chris Mon 27 Aug 2012, 11:07 am

That's such bad news about Ansbro, poor bloke but from the sounds of it could have been so much worse.

A few interesting law changes this year in the AP - can't believe that one of the law changes is that people who get a knock to the head can have a five minute break (similar to blood replacement) and then get approval to go back on the pitch - surely that's stupidly dangerous? High pressure match and players are going to want to go back out on that pitch.

dammit_chris

Back to top Go down

Post by Ozzy3213 Mon 27 Aug 2012, 11:12 am

I don't think it's a 5 minute break then go back on Chris, they get the time to go off and have an assessment by a medical practitioner as to whether they can go back on.
Ozzy3213
Ozzy3213

Back to top Go down

Post by dammit_chris Mon 27 Aug 2012, 12:52 pm

Pete - point I was trying to make is that they get five minutes to get treated/assessment etc, but with head injuries there is such a danger that this will get more players coming back on the field when they just shouldn't as five minutes is no way enough to assess the extent of a head injury in my opinion, one of the chief medical advisers to the IRB quit over this saying it was unsafe for players.

Wanted to see what the general opinion of Albacete is after this weekends game? Were a couple of times last year that I got criticised a bit when he played for me.

dammit_chris

Back to top Go down

Post by Driver Mon 27 Aug 2012, 2:17 pm

Update on Ansbro

The injury occurred when he dived on a loose ball, but there was no foul play or malicious intent involved. He reportedly has a triple fracture of the C1 vertebrae at the top of his spine, but will not require surgery.

"They've put a metal halo on his head that's got to be in place 24/7 for three months," his father said. "He was really lucky that it was what they call a stable fracture and there's no nerve damage. Joe's still got movement in his hands and feet."
Driver
Driver

Back to top Go down

Post by Driver Mon 27 Aug 2012, 3:43 pm

Lions rumored coaching team

Warren Gatland (Head coach)
Graham Rowntree (Forwards)
Joe Schmidt (Backs)
Shaun Edwards (defense)
Driver
Driver

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 27 Aug 2012, 3:45 pm

Ansbro out for 3 months

Back to top Go down

Post by Driver Mon 27 Aug 2012, 3:46 pm

That's at the least Matt , see my post above for more info.
Driver
Driver

Back to top Go down

Post by 'Arry Spurs Mon 27 Aug 2012, 4:42 pm

I'm back now

'Arry Spurs

Back to top Go down

Post by 'Arry Spurs Mon 27 Aug 2012, 4:58 pm

Terrible news about Ansbro, decent player as well hope he makes a safe recovery.

What are peoples views on Ben Mowen?

'Arry Spurs

Back to top Go down

Post by stnick88 Mon 27 Aug 2012, 5:20 pm

Probably be double that at least. Real shame.

stnick88

Back to top Go down

Post by 'Arry Spurs Tue 28 Aug 2012, 10:21 am

Alright guys, just checking are we not allowed any players involved in the rugby championship to be involved with our squads for the opening round of AP games this week?

'Arry Spurs

Back to top Go down

Post by dammit_chris Tue 28 Aug 2012, 10:26 am

Yeah I think that would be the case Arry - I've just kept all my players in RC out until the whole thing is over and probably give them two weeks off after that to get over the travelling and games too!

dammit_chris

Back to top Go down

Post by Steven_Sharks Tue 28 Aug 2012, 10:29 am

I am also curious. Ie Woodcock didn't play last week due to injury but might have played this week. How does he compare to the likes of ITFL playing Pocock who is out for a longer time.

Steven_Sharks

Back to top Go down

Post by Ozzy3213 Tue 28 Aug 2012, 10:31 am

I think Pocock has officially been ruled out for the Championship so effectively removed from the Wallabies squad, whereas Woodcock is still part of the AB camp, would be my reading of it.
Ozzy3213
Ozzy3213

Back to top Go down

Post by Steven_Sharks Tue 28 Aug 2012, 10:35 am

Also didn't realise SOB was out till December at the earliest.

Steven_Sharks

Back to top Go down

Post by Steven_Sharks Tue 28 Aug 2012, 10:35 am

cheers Pete. Not pencilled into play was just curious.

Steven_Sharks

Back to top Go down

Post by Steven_Sharks Tue 28 Aug 2012, 10:38 am

In fact ESPN scrum is currently a depressing page. All it has on it is Ansbro. Vickerman retirement, SOB injury and Mitchell being out for a year.

Steven_Sharks

Back to top Go down

Post by LukeLovesLuka Tue 28 Aug 2012, 10:40 am

Can't see how any players in RC squads can play really.

LukeLovesLuka

Back to top Go down

Post by LukeLovesLuka Tue 28 Aug 2012, 10:40 am

Anyone know why ESPN don't seem to be covering top 14 this year?

LukeLovesLuka

Back to top Go down

Post by SirJohnnyEnglish Tue 28 Aug 2012, 10:42 am

They are doing round ups but yeah its unusual they aren't doing match details

SirJohnnyEnglish

Back to top Go down

Post by Steven_Sharks Tue 28 Aug 2012, 10:42 am

I think they didnt pay for the rights.

Premier Sports have a lot of top 14 this year but I don't pay for that one. I'm surprised ESPN lost it as they have lost PL football at the end of this season.

Steven_Sharks

Back to top Go down

Post by Ozzy3213 Tue 28 Aug 2012, 11:15 am

LukeLovesLuka wrote:Can't see how any players in RC squads can play really.

Luke, if players have played in the first two rounds, or even travelled as part of the squad, and are to remain in the squad for the coming rounds, then I agree with you. However it is each managers own choice who they select, and equally every other managers own choice as to how that effects their predictions. Players like Pocock who played game 1 and have since withdrawn from the squad through injury, I would say are ok to play. People have benefited from having players miss internationals through injury in the past, so would be unfair to start changing that one now.
Ozzy3213
Ozzy3213

Back to top Go down

Post by 'Arry Spurs Tue 28 Aug 2012, 11:21 am

How would people rate Gill? He wasn't invovled in the first round but played half an hour in the second round. Phipps didn't come on in the second round

'Arry Spurs

Back to top Go down

Post by Ozzy3213 Tue 28 Aug 2012, 11:31 am

For me, they are part of the squad, and are remaining part for the squad for the next part of the Rugby Championship. I would be marking them down if you played them as realistically are they going to have flown back this week, play one game for you and then fly back to Australia, to be back with the Wallabies next week?

I wouldn't mark them down as much as I would expect people to mark down someone like Timani for me, who has played two full games as well, but I would still be marking them down 'Arry.
Ozzy3213
Ozzy3213

Back to top Go down

Post by 'Arry Spurs Tue 28 Aug 2012, 11:32 am

Fair enough, I think the point you make about travelling puts it into perspective - it just wouldn't happen.

Also does anyone know why Haydn Thomas hasn't featured in any of the Chiefs pre season games?

'Arry Spurs

Back to top Go down

Post by Sgt_Pooly Tue 28 Aug 2012, 1:35 pm

Yea with Pete there.

If still part of squad they'll still be around the set up for next week. I won't be playing Cruden for example (played 10 mins???) as still part of squad.

Sgt_Pooly

Back to top Go down

Post by stnick88 Tue 28 Aug 2012, 3:29 pm

Conrad Smith hasnt played yet but I think I will leave him out as he is due back this week or next.

Spies and JP I will probably include though as both were injured pre-tournament.

stnick88

Back to top Go down

Post by Sgt_Pooly Tue 28 Aug 2012, 4:06 pm

I'd have no problem with Smith Nick as in theory he won't be involved till next week.

I'm going to have SBW in my squad as he flew to Japan on Sunday and isn't part of AB squad.

In this game he'll have got to UK Sunday Evening, day off Monday and light training Tuesday etc.

Sgt_Pooly

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 28 Aug 2012, 4:55 pm

I will include JDJ as he has not traveled with the squad and has been playing with his club team so has had no involvement. Also he is no longer part of the squad and was just cover

For players who have played last week i would defo rate down. jet lag and recovery is too much to play this Saturday.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sgt_Pooly Tue 28 Aug 2012, 7:11 pm

Wasn't JdJ part of training squad?

Sgt_Pooly

Back to top Go down

Post by Ozzy3213 Tue 28 Aug 2012, 7:17 pm

JdJ played for WP against the Lions in the Currie Cup on Saturday, so definitely didn't travel with the squad to Argentina.
Ozzy3213
Ozzy3213

Back to top Go down

Post by Ozzy3213 Tue 28 Aug 2012, 8:24 pm

Prices slashed for a quick sale people...

Ozzy3213 wrote:Available for cash -

Will Welch - £5 million
Johnnie Beattie - £8 million - £6 million

Charlie Davies - £2 million
Luke Fitzgerald - £10 million - £8 Million
Andrew Trimble - £10 million - £8 million
Matt Smith - £8 million - £6 million
Lee Byrne - £10 million - £6 million
Ozzy3213
Ozzy3213

Back to top Go down

Post by Sgt_Pooly Tue 28 Aug 2012, 8:51 pm

I've got Drew Mitchell available for cash if anybody wants to take a punt

Sgt_Pooly

Back to top Go down

Post by Ozzy3213 Tue 28 Aug 2012, 8:55 pm

That boy has had no feicin luck Pooly.
Ozzy3213
Ozzy3213

Back to top Go down

Post by Sgt_Pooly Tue 28 Aug 2012, 8:58 pm

Gotta feel for him, hopefully come back strong as he's a quality finisher.

Sgt_Pooly

Back to top Go down

Post by Ozzy3213 Tue 28 Aug 2012, 9:01 pm

I can't see it mate to be honest, his body just doesn't seem to be up to the rigours of top level rugby.
Ozzy3213
Ozzy3213

Back to top Go down

Post by Sgt_Pooly Tue 28 Aug 2012, 9:02 pm

It's his ankle that's the issue. Time will tell I guess

Sgt_Pooly

Back to top Go down

Post by Driver Tue 28 Aug 2012, 9:07 pm

He's damaged the same tendon that he did during the super rugby season , i'd be surprised if he did come back to be honest.

Great finisher , hopeless cripple.
Driver
Driver

Back to top Go down

Post by Ozzy3213 Tue 28 Aug 2012, 10:23 pm

Ozzy3213 wrote:Prices slashed for a quick sale people...

Ozzy3213 wrote:Available for cash -

Will Welch - £5 million SOLD
Johnnie Beattie - £8 million - £6 million

Charlie Davies - £2 million
Luke Fitzgerald - £10 million - £8 Million
Andrew Trimble - £10 million - £8 million
Matt Smith - £8 million - £6 million
Lee Byrne - £10 million - £6 million
Ozzy3213
Ozzy3213

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 29 Aug 2012, 6:51 am

Pete think your welsh page is full. Could not post on it. Will not take Alexander sorry

Back to top Go down

Post by Ozzy3213 Wed 29 Aug 2012, 8:08 am

No worries mate. You sure it was my page you were trying to post on and not drivers old one which is locked?
Ozzy3213
Ozzy3213

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 29 Aug 2012, 10:13 am

AH Pete i was on a mobile and that would make sense. Bet it was drivers old one

Back to top Go down

Post by LukeLovesLuka Wed 29 Aug 2012, 11:09 am

Meyer has added Duane Vermeulen, Johan Goosen, Juan de Jongh and Francois Louw to his squad.

LukeLovesLuka

Back to top Go down

Post by dammit_chris Wed 29 Aug 2012, 11:28 am

Forwards: Willem Alberts, Andries Bekker, Craig Burden, Pat Cilliers, Marcell Coetzee, Jannie du Plessis, Eben Etzebeth, Dean Greyling, Juandré Kruger, Tiaan Liebenberg, Francois Louw, Tendai Mtawarira, Jacques Potgieter, Adriaan Strauss, Flip van der Merwe. Duane Vermeulen

Backs: Jean de Villiers (captain), Johan Goosen, Bryan Habana, Francois Hougaard, Zane Kirchner, Patrick Lambie, Lwazi Mvovo, Ruan Pienaar, Frans Steyn, Morné Steyn, Jano Vermaak.

dammit_chris

Back to top Go down

Post by Ozzy3213 Wed 29 Aug 2012, 12:19 pm

I'm not surprised by any of them being added, but knowing Meyer, I bet none of them start the Boks next match.
Ozzy3213
Ozzy3213

Back to top Go down

Post by LukeLovesLuka Wed 29 Aug 2012, 12:36 pm

Wouldn't be suprised to see Louw given a go, with all the rumblings of over the breakdown and what Meyer said about his ability to be a real 7.

LukeLovesLuka

Back to top Go down

Post by Ozzy3213 Wed 29 Aug 2012, 12:43 pm

It's a possibility, but Meyer loves a ball carrier, and if he's 50/50 on any selection calls I would expect him to revert to type, with Alberts and Coetzee nailed on in the back row.
Ozzy3213
Ozzy3213

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 29 Aug 2012, 12:44 pm

so i have now lost JDJ and Goosen marvellous

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 19 of 20 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20  Next