The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What form will the alleged draw rigging follow now?

+17
User 774433
DanFed
banbrotam
The Special Juan
Jeremy_Kyle
luciusmann
Chydremion
Henman Bill
carrieg4
invisiblecoolers
laverfan
lydian
JuliusHMarx
FedsFan
erictheblueuk
reckoner
bogbrush
21 posters

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

What form will the alleged draw rigging follow now? Empty What form will the alleged draw rigging follow now?

Post by bogbrush Tue 10 Jul 2012, 2:05 pm

With Djokovic & Federer likely to be separated in the draws for a while now I thought it appropriate to find out how the draws will look when they are rigged for the USO, or beyond.

It's a fair question, as unless we get advance notice we won't know whether or not they actually have been!

So, is putting Murray with Djokovic giving him the tough or easy option? Does matching Nadal with Federer imply a fix to get a Fedal match, or would they be separated to make it tough for Novak and hold out the hope of a Fedal final?

I'm not a believer myself so haven't a clue but I thought the forum members who possess irrefutable proof gathered by renowned statisticians should step forward and describe the shape of the future rigged draw.

Last edited by bogbrush on Tue 10 Jul 2012, 4:11 pm; edited 1 time in total
bogbrush
bogbrush

Back to top Go down

What form will the alleged draw rigging follow now? Empty Re: What form will the alleged draw rigging follow now?

Post by reckoner Tue 10 Jul 2012, 2:07 pm

Said forum member has been a little quiet recently...

reckoner

Back to top Go down

What form will the alleged draw rigging follow now? Empty Re: What form will the alleged draw rigging follow now?

Post by bogbrush Tue 10 Jul 2012, 2:31 pm

reckoner wrote:Said forum member has been a little quiet recently...
I don't know what you mean. angel
bogbrush
bogbrush

Back to top Go down

Post by reckoner Tue 10 Jul 2012, 2:38 pm

Actually now I think of it I'm not quite sure what I meant either. angel

reckoner

Back to top Go down

Post by erictheblueuk Tue 10 Jul 2012, 2:44 pm

bogbrush

I think you need to go and look-up how seeded players are placed into draws at the various events.
erictheblueuk
erictheblueuk

Back to top Go down

Post by reckoner Tue 10 Jul 2012, 2:49 pm

Well that would your predictions be Eric? That is if you feel the draws are rigged.

reckoner

Back to top Go down

Post by FedsFan Tue 10 Jul 2012, 3:32 pm

I cant understand this either. Why would you say draws are rigged?

I have to admit for once in ages Federer had an easier draw. But then again would one say a draw is easy when you are drawn with the best player in the world who has beaten you so many times saving match points and 2 weeks before despatched you in straight sets at the FO?

Everyone was in agreement Murray had the nightmare this time. Djokovic not so much and again Nadal's draw was easy as well. The fact that he ran into an inspired opponent in Rosol was just freakish. Many Nadal fans I know blame the loss on the delay in putting the roof on. I personally do not think Nadal should have gone down 2 sets to one let alone be stretched to 5. He did not stamp his authority on that match because he could not. Rosol will never repeat that win if they meet again. Then again, it may turn out like Wilander and Mecir. Wilander was much better and a gs champ but Mecir had his number.

I think at the Olympics it will be Fed/Nadal and Djoko/Murray. Fed can kiss his chances of winning that elusive gold medal goodbye. Not because he lacks talent to beat Nadal but the fact that he lacks the belief to do the job.

I think Fed at no 2 would have been more interesting as then Djoko/Nadal semis were a possibility. However, I think Nadal has once again found the way past Djoko so I expect him to put some distance between their h2hs.

I still believe its down to luck of the draw, nothing else.

FedsFan

Back to top Go down

Post by bogbrush Tue 10 Jul 2012, 3:46 pm

eric - I know, and I know that 3 doesn't go to 2 nor 4 to 1 - they are random (unless you think they are rigged).

FedsFan - have you not been on this forum much? I'm not a rigging advocate but others are....

By the way, do you ask your friends if the roof was responsible for Nadal losing sets two and three?
bogbrush
bogbrush

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Tue 10 Jul 2012, 3:56 pm

Perhaps the word 'alleged' should be in the thread title?

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by bogbrush Tue 10 Jul 2012, 4:11 pm

JuliusHMarx wrote:Perhaps the word 'alleged' should be in the thread title?
You're just no fun these days. Wink
bogbrush
bogbrush

Back to top Go down

Post by reckoner Tue 10 Jul 2012, 4:13 pm

Wow so Seifer's banned, huh?

reckoner

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Tue 10 Jul 2012, 4:13 pm

bogbrush wrote:
JuliusHMarx wrote:Perhaps the word 'alleged' should be in the thread title?
You're just no fun these days. Wink

I'm just an old f@rt!

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by reckoner Tue 10 Jul 2012, 4:14 pm

You should get out more JHM, go on the pull.

Last edited by reckoner on Tue 10 Jul 2012, 4:15 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : aaargh sp)

reckoner

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Tue 10 Jul 2012, 4:16 pm

reckoner wrote:Yuo should get out more JHM, go on the pull.

I would if I could throw the missus off-track Smile
There's only so many times I can say "I've got a tennis match this evening."

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by bogbrush Tue 10 Jul 2012, 4:17 pm

reckoner wrote:Wow so Seifer's banned, huh?
I'm all for free speech but he took it beyond the edge and couldn't see why.
bogbrush
bogbrush

Back to top Go down

Post by reckoner Tue 10 Jul 2012, 4:18 pm

JuliusHMarx wrote:
reckoner wrote:You should get out more JHM, go on the pull.

I would if I could throw the missus off-track Smile
There's only so many times I can say "I've got a tennis match this evening."

Women tend to be quite understanding about these things...

reckoner

Back to top Go down

Post by reckoner Tue 10 Jul 2012, 4:19 pm

bogbrush wrote:

meh I thought he was kinda funny, personally.

reckoner

Back to top Go down

Post by bogbrush Tue 10 Jul 2012, 4:20 pm

reckoner wrote:
bogbrush wrote:

On the whole, yes. But his "Africa" stuff wasn't very good.
bogbrush
bogbrush

Back to top Go down

Post by reckoner Tue 10 Jul 2012, 4:22 pm

bogbrush wrote:
reckoner wrote:
bogbrush wrote:

I haven't seen that post. But if what he said in his sign-off accurately represented what he said - well I've lived in a couple of African nations that fit his description. I've lived in and visited others that haven't mind you.

reckoner

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 10 Jul 2012, 4:38 pm

reckoner wrote:
bogbrush wrote:
reckoner wrote:
bogbrush wrote:

I haven't seen that post. But if what he said in his sign-off accurately represented what he said - well I've lived in a couple of African nations that fit his description. I've lived in and visited others that haven't mind you.

He did take a step far. I would go as far as to call him slightly over passionate. I did think at times he jizzed his pants over some of Federer's performances. I didn't like that fact he threw insults at players. I know people have their views on players and some are not keen fans, but I was football fan like behaviour in some respects.

Back to top Go down

Post by reckoner Tue 10 Jul 2012, 4:41 pm

He was bang on the money with a couple of points and did call Wimbledon correctly though. Oh well - I guess only a select few can get away with insulting other posters.

reckoner

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 10 Jul 2012, 5:02 pm

I would say he was more of a guesser. Weren't so much with insulting posters, some of his logic was flawed and he would get the hump if others challenged him.

Take the Rosol victory. Everyone was stunned and same time happy because of the result, but then to come out and call the guy a scumbag was low.

Back to top Go down

Post by erictheblueuk Tue 10 Jul 2012, 5:12 pm

reckoner wrote:Well that would your predictions be Eric? That is if you feel the draws are rigged.

I don't think the draw's rigged at all, I just think that those who are bellyaching about it should go and study how its put together.
erictheblueuk
erictheblueuk

Back to top Go down

Post by bogbrush Tue 10 Jul 2012, 5:24 pm

erictheblueuk wrote:
reckoner wrote:Well that would your predictions be Eric? That is if you feel the draws are rigged.

I don't think the draw's rigged at all, I just think that those who are bellyaching about it should go and study how its put together.
Oh where is socal? Laugh

He has chapter and verse on all this.
bogbrush
bogbrush

Back to top Go down

Post by lydian Tue 10 Jul 2012, 5:31 pm

Gutted if Seifer has gone... Wink
lydian
lydian

Back to top Go down

Post by FedsFan Tue 10 Jul 2012, 6:50 pm

bogbrush wrote:eric - I know, and I know that 3 doesn't go to 2 nor 4 to 1 - they are random (unless you think they are rigged).

FedsFan - have you not been on this forum much? I'm not a rigging advocate but others are....

By the way, do you ask your friends if the roof was responsible for Nadal losing sets two and three?

BB,
I have been on here long enough to know the wummery that has plagued these discussion boards including those on the original 606 having also been drawn into arguments over the GOAT debate, 'Cake walk draws' etc.

As for Nadal v Rosol, that's an argument I just cannot carry on with my friends. The moment that result happened, the accusations that were thrown at Rosol were countless mainly that he was on some substance as that performance was unreal!

FedsFan

Back to top Go down

Post by laverfan Tue 10 Jul 2012, 7:21 pm

FedsFan wrote:
As for Nadal v Rosol, that's an argument I just cannot carry on with my friends. The moment that result happened, the accusations that were thrown at Rosol were countless mainly that he was on some substance as that performance was unreal!

There are many such instances. Soderling @FO 2009, 2010. Tsonga @W 2011. Berdych @ W2010. Benneteau @ W 2012 (almost). There is no end to such speculation.

No offence is intended, FedsFan. Hug

laverfan

Back to top Go down

Post by laverfan Tue 10 Jul 2012, 7:23 pm

reckoner wrote:He was bang on the money with a couple of points and did call Wimbledon correctly though. Oh well - I guess only a select few can get away with insulting other posters.

He was given a temp ban, but chose to dig a further hole for himself, Reckoner. I tried my best to make him stay and asked him to reconsider when he wanted to leave first. Wink

laverfan

Back to top Go down

Post by invisiblecoolers Tue 10 Jul 2012, 7:47 pm

Draw rigging was countered brilliantly in one of LF's article. thumbsup

However I know what answer you expecting from fellow posters, lemme provide it , for USO its gonna be like this

Fed - Murray semi's and
Djoko-Nadal semi's.

Very Happy

invisiblecoolers

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 10 Jul 2012, 7:55 pm

I think if Federer and Djokovic are placed in the same half of the draw now, that would suggest a bit of rigging a leggedly.

Federer's main worry has always been facing Nadal in the semi-final, and that possibility remains.

Back to top Go down

Post by invisiblecoolers Tue 10 Jul 2012, 7:59 pm

Nore Staat wrote:Federer's main worry has always been facing Nadal in the semi-final, and that possibility remains.

That problem can be solved in one of the following scenarios

1]Nadal retire
2]Fed retire
3]Both of them retire
4]One of them opt of tournament

invisiblecoolers

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 10 Jul 2012, 8:02 pm

invisiblecoolers wrote:
Nore Staat wrote:Federer's main worry has always been facing Nadal in the semi-final, and that possibility remains.

1]Nadal retire
2]Fed retire
3]Both of them retire
5] Djoko retires or opts out of the tournament.

Anyway there was word that Nadal might need treatment for his knees - anyone heard anything further.

Back to top Go down

Post by carrieg4 Tue 10 Jul 2012, 8:04 pm

Nore Staat wrote:
invisiblecoolers wrote:

1]Nadal retire
2]Fed retire
3]Both of them retire
5] Djoko retires or opts out of the tournament.

Anyway there was word that Nadal might need treatment for his knees - anyone heard anything further.

6]All three opt out What form will the alleged draw rigging follow now? 3559488474

carrieg4

Back to top Go down

Post by Henman Bill Tue 10 Jul 2012, 8:52 pm

Main draw rigging proponents were Nole is the Best and Tenez that were banned and went to Ja606, so maybe you should pop over there if you really want to know.

Anyway, now I think of it, the answer might be obvious, they always said the draw rigging was to ensure a Federer-Nadal final. So the rigged draw would be to avoid a Federer-Nadal SEMI.

Henman Bill

Back to top Go down

Post by Chydremion Tue 10 Jul 2012, 8:55 pm

invisiblecoolers wrote:Draw rigging was countered brilliantly in one of LF's article. thumbsup

Very Happy

If I'm correct she only studied draw-rigging in master series, which was not the subject of the conspicary theorists (which was slams). I don't see what actually has been 'countered' by LF.

Chydremion

Back to top Go down

Post by luciusmann Tue 10 Jul 2012, 8:56 pm

I'm not so concerned for Fed if he meets Nadal @ the Olympics during the semis mainly because:

a) It's grass, so it's more even between Fed & Nadal (still think Nadal has the edge)
b) Crucially, prior to the final, it's BO3, which definitely favours Federer. There's little doubt that Nadal does grind his opponents into submission and even attributes himself winning Wimbledon '08 due to Fed becoming tired. So with less time to do it in, Fed has a better chance.
c) Fed's confidence in believing that he can win will be high. He's also beaten Nadal in their last match @ IW which was also BO3 so Fed knows he can do it.

Of course Nadal may win anyway but I don't think it's a given that he will. There's a number of different factors which don't favour Nadal but do favour Fed so I will be intrigued to see what happens. Wimbledon was the important tournament for Fed to win and he did, the Olympics would just be a bonus.

luciusmann

Back to top Go down

Post by Henman Bill Tue 10 Jul 2012, 9:05 pm

I put a post on the other forum I mentioned.

Henman Bill

Back to top Go down

Post by Chydremion Tue 10 Jul 2012, 9:08 pm

I don't think Nadal is high on confidence right now, having only won two matches during the grasscourt season. In the BO3 format at the Olympics, he might be eliminated early once again, maybe if he meets Kolhschreiber again.

Chydremion

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 10 Jul 2012, 9:11 pm

If someone could point me in the direction of proof of draw rigging, I would actually give it some serious consideration. If not, why pursue such crap.

Back to top Go down

Post by lydian Tue 10 Jul 2012, 9:18 pm

Henman Bill wrote:I put a post on the other forum I mentioned.
Recruiting for JA606 HB? Wink

Never believed in all that rubbish, still don't.
lydian
lydian

Back to top Go down

Post by carrieg4 Tue 10 Jul 2012, 9:32 pm

Henman Bill wrote:Main draw rigging proponents were Nole is the Best and Tenez that were banned and went to Ja606, .

Just popped over to Ja606 to have a look Shocked

Way too reminscent of the worst aspects of original 606. I'm staying here.

Hug to all. I had forgotten just how bad it was on 606 at slam time Shocked

carrieg4

Back to top Go down

Post by bogbrush Tue 10 Jul 2012, 10:55 pm

No comparison between here and 606.
bogbrush
bogbrush

Back to top Go down

Post by carrieg4 Tue 10 Jul 2012, 11:07 pm

bogbrush wrote:No comparison between here and 606.

For which I am eternally grateful.

carrieg4

Back to top Go down

Post by reckoner Wed 11 Jul 2012, 12:12 am

laverfan wrote:
reckoner wrote:He was bang on the money with a couple of points and did call Wimbledon correctly though. Oh well - I guess only a select few can get away with insulting other posters.

He was given a temp ban, but chose to dig a further hole for himself, Reckoner. I tried my best to make him stay and asked him to reconsider when he wanted to leave first. Wink

Hmm others are perfectly able to insult posters without any come back so I am starting to see the justice meted out by mods as rather selective.

I am reconsidering my participation in a forum where one is unable to speak one's mind.

reckoner

Back to top Go down

Post by luciusmann Wed 11 Jul 2012, 1:02 am

Seifer just didn't know how to conduct civilised discussion without resorting to barbarian style persuasion, along the lines of 'me right, you wrong'. There was little reasoning with him and more often, childish name calling of players. He had little taste I'm afraid, totally the opposite to Federer actually, I mean can you imagine Federer calling anyone 'scum' let alone another player? Far too engulfed in hate, which is a shame because often he had some sensible things to say, but that was lost in the trash talk of players he didn't like.

Also his remarks on Africa were beyond acceptable, it was ridiculous, unproven assertions based on only his experiences and actually pandering to dangerous stereo types more fitting to colonial times then the current age we live in. Besides which, what the heck has it got to do with tennis? I mean he dug himself into a hole and if he'd made those sort of remarks in a pub in front of any person from Africa he would have got a punch in the face and understandably so!

luciusmann

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 11 Jul 2012, 1:47 am

reckoner wrote:... Hmm others are perfectly able to insult posters without any come back so I am starting to see the justice meted out by mods as rather selective. ....
Fortunately I wasn't around to witness the goings on but a quick check on the internet reveals the following although I am unable to access the full comment presumably because it has been locked and removed:

"www.606v2.com/t32333-another-useless-forum
1 post - 1 author - 17 hours ago
by Seifer Almasy Today at 3:46 pm ... The reason given was "Racism". ... It is not racist to suggest that many (not all) African nations are as thick as Poopie ... in the coming years when they realise just how amazing Federer has been at ... You are a complete [four letter swear word beginning with c and describing a part of the female anatomy goes here] and I loved knowing you had a Poopie day."

Now anyone can join this forum, no qualifications or letter of recommendation are required. This means the poster you could be trying to reason with might have only half a brain or no brain at all. It is up to you and others to decide the merits and abilities of each poster you take the time to engage with.

Back to top Go down

Post by invisiblecoolers Wed 11 Jul 2012, 2:55 am

One of the success story behind 606v2 tennis forum is brilliant selection of mods by the Admins, I can't see a better set of mods than JHM and LF, LF is the sweetest yet the perfectionist a bit like Roger Federer is and JHM a bit like Nadal Very Happy .

As a mod you can't be a dictator coz it drives people away at the same time can't be useless watchman watching people behaving uncivilized way which could again drive people away, you have to be a perfect mix of two and I see that in our section mods. thumbsup

Seifer and Tenez were fun in the forum, but if mods decided they abused the rules then yes they deserved the ban, I can understand Seifer's one coz even I was shocked that how on earth somebody could dare to post like that in a public forum, but no idea what happened with Tenez,

invisiblecoolers

Back to top Go down

Post by lydian Wed 11 Jul 2012, 8:33 am

That's a shocking post by Seifer. Really.
Do people really think anyone should be able to speak their mind and saying anything without recourse? Shocked
lydian
lydian

Back to top Go down

Post by reckoner Wed 11 Jul 2012, 10:33 am

I'm not defending Seifer's last post at all, it is out of line. However it usually takes a fair abit of provocation for someone to get that fed up.

I retain the opinion that there must be a better way to deal with issues of this sort than handing out life bans.

reckoner

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy_Kyle Wed 11 Jul 2012, 10:46 am

Saifer was weird but also interesting to read. Other posters here are perfectly behaving but also damn boring and mainly I know what are they going to say after reading just one liner, basically because they always repeat tha same idea ad nauseam.

sometimes I wander if this is some kind of kindergarden were people come to get educated by the mods or a place where you can talk tennis having some fun in the process......
Jeremy_Kyle
Jeremy_Kyle

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next