The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Price vs Harrison rumoured to be happening October 13th

+24
tunes666
no-mas
eddyfightfan
Mr Bounce
Herman Jaeger
Rowley
Gordy
seanmichaels
Fists of Fury
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn
manos de piedra
The Galveston Giant
hampo17
J.Benson II
trottb
bhb001
azania
alanqlm
TopHat24/7
Soldier_Of_Fortune
88Chris05
Union Cane
superflyweight
hogey
28 posters

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Price vs Harrison rumoured to be happening October 13th Empty Price vs Harrison rumoured to be happening October 13th

Post by hogey Mon 23 Jul 2012, 8:45 am

Will be on Boxnation, will be interesting to see where Price is in terms of development at this stage. I just hope Audley turns up with his head right and tries to win then it might be a decent fight for a few rounds.

hogey

Back to top Go down

Price vs Harrison rumoured to be happening October 13th Empty Re: Price vs Harrison rumoured to be happening October 13th

Post by superflyweight Mon 23 Jul 2012, 9:03 am

Price has said on twitter that his next fight will be announced soon. Would expect his power to scare the bejesus out of Audley and that the fight will be over inside 5.

Cue Az making bold statements about Audley knocking out "chinny" Price.

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

Price vs Harrison rumoured to be happening October 13th Empty Re: Price vs Harrison rumoured to be happening October 13th

Post by Union Cane Mon 23 Jul 2012, 9:09 am

Will be interesting to see if Price gets the same treatment that Fury got on here for fighting a washed up never-was.
Union Cane
Union Cane

Location : Whatever truculent means, if that's good, I'm that.

Back to top Go down

Post by superflyweight Mon 23 Jul 2012, 9:15 am

Am sure he will Union. The difference is that Price at lest seems to want to fight Fury whilst Fury would rather relinquish belts to fight washed up never have beens.

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

Post by hogey Mon 23 Jul 2012, 9:18 am

I dont think Audrey is a bad opponent for a still fairly new pro in his 14th fight, he might not be a world beater but he is long way above who most up and comers would fight at such an early age as a pro.

hogey

Back to top Go down

Post by Union Cane Mon 23 Jul 2012, 9:20 am

You could equally say that Price turned down the offer from Fury's camp with full knowledge that Fury would not risk his Channel 5 deal and be forced to vacate.

Anyway, that is old ground, best not to go over it again.
Union Cane
Union Cane

Back to top Go down

Post by Union Cane Mon 23 Jul 2012, 9:22 am

hogey wrote:I dont think Audrey is a bad opponent for a still fairly new pro in his 14th fight, he might not be a world beater but he is long way above who most up and comers would fight at such an early age as a pro.

That right there is exactly what I was talking about. Price is 29.
Union Cane
Union Cane

Back to top Go down

Post by hogey Mon 23 Jul 2012, 9:25 am

Fury wants no part of Price that's clear as a bell and looking at their respective efforts against McDermott its not hard to see why. Even if Fury did want the fight Hennessy would not let his prize goose get cooked until he has delivered the golden egg of a world title shot.

hogey

Back to top Go down

Post by Union Cane Mon 23 Jul 2012, 9:26 am

Nonsense.
Union Cane
Union Cane

Back to top Go down

Post by hogey Mon 23 Jul 2012, 9:29 am

Union Cane wrote:
hogey wrote:I dont think Audrey is a bad opponent for a still fairly new pro in his 14th fight, he might not be a world beater but he is long way above who most up and comers would fight at such an early age as a pro.

That right there is exactly what I was talking about. Price is 29.

That was supposed to be early stage not age on my post, and 29 for a bloke that big is not that old he could have another 6 or 7 good years at least which will be plenty of time to move into the top level of this dire division. My guess is Young Tyson will have been long exposed and off the scene by then.

hogey

Back to top Go down

Post by Union Cane Mon 23 Jul 2012, 9:31 am

We'll see.

Matt Skelton knocked McDermott out in a round, so by your reckoning that would put Price and Skelton at the same level, right?
Union Cane
Union Cane

Back to top Go down

Post by hogey Mon 23 Jul 2012, 9:41 am

Considering that McDermott done so well in the rematch as well and yet again exposed how poor Fury was for a second time i would say the truth is Fury and McDermott are far nearer to the same level than Price and Skelton.
Fury is poor he has limited power for a man his size, has been dropped by non punchers and well beaten by McDermott. Take away beating a disgustingly out of condition Chisora who only had the energy to fight for 2 rounds and was gasping for air like a fish out of water by the third his record is Micky Mouse. Sadly it wont stop him getting a title shot because all he has to do is keep fighting bums until his turn comes round to be battered by Wlad.

hogey

Back to top Go down

Post by Union Cane Mon 23 Jul 2012, 9:46 am

"his record is Micky Mouse. Sadly it wont stop him getting a title shot because all he has to do is keep fighting bums until his turn comes round to be battered by Wlad."

Who are you talking about there, Fury or Price?
Union Cane
Union Cane

Back to top Go down

Post by hogey Mon 23 Jul 2012, 9:55 am

Price has had 13 fights and he has already destroyed a man that blatantly spanked Fury's backside in one fight and gave him hell in a second, that already puts ahead of Fury by a wide margin compared to Fury after 13 fights.
Either way i will agree to disagree with you and hopefully we will get the chance to see who's better over the next couple of years.

hogey

Back to top Go down

Post by 88Chris05 Mon 23 Jul 2012, 9:57 am

Had dearly hoped that these rumours would prove to be just that - rumours. Unfortunately, it seems that we're going to be subjected to another frankly embarrassing episode of the Audley Harrison show. I'll resist the temptation, despite all the evidence which suggests that it must surely be, to call it the final embarrassing espisode, as I thought that about the fights with Sprott (I), and Rogan, and Haye...

As much as I like Price, this is a terribly disappointing fight and, while I appreciate that it may be a 'Maloney picks 'em, Price knocks 'em over' arrangement, it's understandable that he'll be getting a bit of a kicking over this fight in some quarters. He needs to step his competition up a little and have a tough fight, or at least a fight in which he's required to think and adapt, against a man who'll snarl and throw back when he lands rather than simply capitulate. Audley won't provide any of this (although incredibly, I'm sure that all of a sudden otherwise sane people will soon start speculating that Harrison is a 'step up' from what Price has faced so far, and that he might just do it, that it's a risky fight, that he has potential etc, as this seems to be the pattern with Audley thanks to his self-promotional skills and the gullible nature of some fight fans).

As harsh as it may sound, Audley is a joke figure and I'm amazed that any well-regarded prospect - or their promoter - would want to sully their name in any way by even being linked with him. As for the fight, well I'd guess that it will hardly even qualify as one. Audley will spew all of his usual 'pupil and his master, I'm focused this time, Olympic champion, gaining redemption' nonsense, before putting in a terribly timid and gun-shy performance, being stopped inside six rounds. Price will learn nothing from it and we'll be none the wiser afterwards as to how he'd fare against the top men of the Heavyweight division than we are now.
88Chris05
88Chris05

Back to top Go down

Post by Soldier_Of_Fortune Mon 23 Jul 2012, 10:01 am

Didnt know you were a pikey Union. Whats with all the Fury love? You have seen him box haven't you

Soldier_Of_Fortune

Back to top Go down

Post by Union Cane Mon 23 Jul 2012, 10:01 am

hogey wrote:Either way i will agree to disagree with you and hopefully we will get the chance to see who's better over the next couple of years.

Fair enough mate, and hopefully they will get it on at some point. I know where my fiver will be going.
Union Cane
Union Cane

Back to top Go down

Post by hogey Mon 23 Jul 2012, 10:04 am

I cant see how a 13 fight novice fighting a former Olympic champion who has 28 wins in 33 fights can be judged a disappointment. What level of opposition should a newish pro be fighting at this stage of his career, i find it strange that if Price was fighting some unheard of American with a record of 25 wins in 40 people would be saying its a step up.

hogey

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Mon 23 Jul 2012, 10:20 am

superflyweight wrote:Price has said on twitter that his next fight will be announced soon. Would expect his power to scare the bejesus out of Audley and that the fight will be over inside 5.

Cue Az making bold statements about Audley knocking out "chinny" Price.

If Az joins this thread it'll be 3 pages long by the end of the day.......

In all seriousness though, I'd also expect this over in 5 and can't find much scope to give Price any credit for it.

Chisora is the fight I'd like to see, and not just to shut Az up, but he is a genuinely credible opponent who may well have lost 4/5 recently but has fought at a level well ahead of Price so far and is a tough cookie so I'd expect him to last 10 rounds or so giving Price a proper work-out not a blow-out that he won't learn anything from. Plus he's low risk, despite what crud Az spouts, as his power is minimal and will be even worse when swining upwards 6" rather than on a level as against Haye.

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by Union Cane Mon 23 Jul 2012, 10:26 am

Chisora would be a much better yard-stick than McDermott.
Union Cane
Union Cane

Back to top Go down

Post by alanqlm Mon 23 Jul 2012, 10:29 am

alma wrote:Price's career continues to be an embarrassment tbh. He's clearly with the wrong
promoter. This will be another joke fight a full 5 months after his last fight, unbelievable considering he's only had 13 fights and only fought at domestic level.

Have to disagree with the 1st part, promoter is actually doing quite well for him with this fight. Ok proper boxing fans will know it really should be a walkover for Price, but casual fans may take an interest. Despite being a 'never-was' Audley is still a big name and well known to casual fans.

Will get people interested in Price, get him some more exposure and is pretty much zero risk.

Main disappointing thing for me is the 5 month gap between fights. At Price's stage of his career and considering the opposition should really be fighting every 2-3 months maximum. Maybe if he has a few extra dates with Boxnation he may start fighting more regularly.

alanqlm

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Mon 23 Jul 2012, 10:30 am

Nothing wrong with 13 domestic fights. Euro level for fights 15-20 then world level. Sensible progression, no point rushing things and either getting exposed by moving up too early or getting a title you're not really ready for and only defending it against sub-world level opposition and getting slated accordingly.

As for 'a full 5 months', how many fighters fight more regularly than that these days? Price fights 3-4 fights a year over the last couple of years which, again, seems a sensible rate.

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by hogey Mon 23 Jul 2012, 10:32 am

Since when do we expect 13 fight novices to get in the ring with Fighters who have fought for the European title, World title and a former Heavyweight champion in their last 3 fights.
Have a look who Tyson, Bruno, Lewis, Holyfield or either Klitchko were fighting in their 14th fight and then tell me a bloke with 28 wins from 33 is not a fairly decent match up.

hogey

Back to top Go down

Post by 88Chris05 Mon 23 Jul 2012, 10:36 am

hogey wrote:I cant see how a 13 fight novice fighting a former Olympic champion who has 28 wins in 33 fights can be judged a disappointment. What level of opposition should a newish pro be fighting at this stage of his career, i find it strange that if Price was fighting some unheard of American with a record of 25 wins in 40 people would be saying its a step up.

Well Hogey, I'd say that Harrison's 28-5 record, or whatever it is, flatters him wildly when you look at who those wins were accumulated against, and who accounted for those defeats. His most meritorious wins are an out of shape and battle-worn Williams, who took the fight at short notice (having already beaten him), and Sprott, a journeyman who, again, had already beaten him - and that (admittedly superb) knockout came right at the end of twelve rounds in which he'd largley been outboxed.

In essence, it's not as if Harrison has compiled a 28-5 record against contenders, or even gatekeepers. With the exception of Haye, I'd class the fighters who've beaten him as being a class below Price, and what's more, this is a forty-one year old version of Audley who has boxed once in almost two years.

I understand that, with only thirteen fights under his belt, people want or expect Price to rattle around for a good while fighting distinctly average opposition, and normally I'd agree - but not in this case, as the Heavyweight division is so lacking in talent. Price should, for my money, be looking at men ranked in the top tens of the sactioning bodies now, not a caricature like Harrison.
88Chris05
88Chris05

Back to top Go down

Post by alanqlm Mon 23 Jul 2012, 10:37 am

TopHat24/7 wrote:Nothing wrong with 13 domestic fights. Euro level for fights 15-20 then world level. Sensible progression, no point rushing things and either getting exposed by moving up too early or getting a title you're not really ready for and only defending it against sub-world level opposition and getting slated accordingly.

As for 'a full 5 months', how many fighters fight more regularly than that these days? Price fights 3-4 fights a year over the last couple of years which, again, seems a sensible rate.

Its exactly a year today since Fury fought Chisora.... if we include that fight they have both had 5 fights in that year. Price has had 2.
The amount of rounds they have had is even more in contrast.

Chisora - 5 fights - 47 rounds

Fury - 5 fights - 30 rounds

Price - 2 fights - 5 rounds..... for a up and coming fighter that is nowhere near enough.

alanqlm

Back to top Go down

Post by hogey Mon 23 Jul 2012, 10:42 am

I am not trying to say Harrison is a world beater but i still think he is a decent test for a fighter with only 13 fights under his belt, as i said if you look at the record any decent heavyweight of the last 20 years or beyond and see who they fought in their 14th fight then i would say Harrison is a step up from the names you will find on any if not all of those records.
If he got thrown in with a top fighter now and lost people would say Frank Maloney was a fool for putting such an inexperienced fighter in too hard a fight at this stage of his career. I think a bit of perspective is needed no matter how over hyped a fighter is by the media.

hogey

Back to top Go down

Post by Union Cane Mon 23 Jul 2012, 10:43 am

hogey wrote:Have a look who Tyson, Bruno, Lewis, Holyfield or either Klitchko were fighting in their 14th fight and then tell me a bloke with 28 wins from 33 is not a fairly decent match up.

They were virtually all fighting their 14th fight within 18 months of turning pro (Tyson within 9 months), and Holyfield was defending a world title.
Union Cane
Union Cane

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Mon 23 Jul 2012, 10:45 am

So Price gets marked down because he is able to blast opponents out of there quicker? That's ridiculous. Chisora accumlates rounds because he has a good chin and no power.

Price has fought 9 times since the start of 2010, will be 10 if not 11 by the time the year is out. 12 fights in 3 years should be his target, coming up 1 short is hardly a travesty.

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by hogey Mon 23 Jul 2012, 10:53 am

TopHat24/7 wrote:So Price gets marked down because he is able to blast opponents out of there quicker? That's ridiculous. Chisora accumlates rounds because he has a good chin and no power.

Price has fought 9 times since the start of 2010, will be 10 if not 11 by the time the year is out. 12 fights in 3 years should be his target, coming up 1 short is hardly a travesty.

Spot on mate.

hogey

Back to top Go down

Post by Union Cane Mon 23 Jul 2012, 10:55 am

Union Cane wrote:
hogey wrote:Have a look who Tyson, Bruno, Lewis, Holyfield or either Klitchko were fighting in their 14th fight and then tell me a bloke with 28 wins from 33 is not a fairly decent match up.

They were virtually all fighting their 14th fight within 18 months of turning pro (Tyson within 9 months), and Holyfield was defending a world title.
Union Cane
Union Cane

Back to top Go down

Post by alanqlm Mon 23 Jul 2012, 10:56 am

No he gets marked down for only having 2 fights in a year. The fact they have been blow outs just adds to the fact he should be fighting more often because its not as if they are taking much out of him.

He needs to be learning at this stage and is not doing that by only fighting twice a year.

alanqlm

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Mon 23 Jul 2012, 11:13 am

What year has he only fought twice in?

2 this year which we're only half way through; 3 the previous year and 4 the year before that.

This is his first extended lay-off in 2 or so years and he would have fought and additional fight if Fury hadn't dumped his belts.

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Mon 23 Jul 2012, 11:18 am

Some garbage being written here again. It seems that objectivity is thrown out of the window because certain posters do not like certain boxers. Fury fought a more ambitious version of Fat Mac. Price fought a version who was in a pie shop training.

Fury fought an unmotivated Chisora and won. Price has not fought anyone near as good as an unmotivated Chisora no matter how you spin it.

I'm of the opinion that a fight with Audley is a decent fight for Price for many reasons. If Audley brings his A game he will test Price. If he doesn't, Price will get much needed exposure anyway which is what he needs.

@Chiris, lets he honest here, Audley fought Sprott with one hand for most of the fight. Plus he was hit by a very lucky punch that flattened him in their first fight.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by bhb001 Mon 23 Jul 2012, 11:25 am

An Audley fight or even against Matt Skelton would be good for either Fury or Price at present. Who else is around for them at a domestic level? And neither has proven themselves above domestic yet. Both Harrison or Skelton have some experience and both would answer some questions (although more about Harrison than the other two!!) Bring the fight on, I say. I would be interested in the outcome.

bhb001

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Mon 23 Jul 2012, 11:25 am

azania wrote:Some garbage being written here again. It seems that objectivity is thrown out of the window because certain posters do not like certain boxers. Fury fought a more ambitious version of Fat Mac. Price fought a version who was in a pie shop training.

Fury fought an unmotivated Chisora and won. Price has not fought anyone near as good as an unmotivated Chisora no matter how you spin it.

Same old trash from you too Az, can't believe you forgot to mention Price being a chinless wonder who feather-fisted Chisora would spark out with ease.

You talk about objectivity but disregard Price's win against fat slob McD but credit Fury for his win against fat slob Chisora. Fury may have fought a 'more ambitious version of Fat Mac", but he also lost to him on everyone's scorecard but the refs.

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by alanqlm Mon 23 Jul 2012, 11:42 am

TopHat24/7 wrote:What year has he only fought twice in?

2 this year which we're only half way through; 3 the previous year and 4 the year before that.

This is his first extended lay-off in 2 or so years and he would have fought and additional fight if Fury hadn't dumped his belts.

If you read my previous post I said in the last year since Fury v Chisora... which was 23/7/11. Both Chisora and Fury have had 5 fights in the last year since then. Price has had 2.

alanqlm

Back to top Go down

Post by hogey Mon 23 Jul 2012, 11:47 am

At the end of the day this thread was about Price fighting Harrison not Fury or Chisora. As i said in my opinion a decent test for Price at this stage.

hogey

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Mon 23 Jul 2012, 11:50 am

So you're picking dates that suit your argument.

A reasonable fight rate over a sustained period would be 12 fights in 3 years, 4 per year, and Price is on track for 11 fights in such a period therefore picking his only recent extended lay-off to draw conclusions does not draw an accurate picture.

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Mon 23 Jul 2012, 11:52 am

TopHat24/7 wrote:
azania wrote:Some garbage being written here again. It seems that objectivity is thrown out of the window because certain posters do not like certain boxers. Fury fought a more ambitious version of Fat Mac. Price fought a version who was in a pie shop training.

Same old trash from you too Az, can't believe you forgot to mention Price being a chinless wonder who feather-fisted Chisora would spark out with ease.

You talk about objectivity but disregard Price's win against fat slob McD but credit Fury for his win against fat slob Chisora. Fury may have fought a 'more ambitious version of Fat Mac", but he also lost to him on everyone's scorecard but the refs.

I dont see how you can call a HW boxer featherfisted. But hey, you know it.

Has Price fought anyone near the calibre of Chisora? Simple question. Fat Chisora or not. Fury was not to know what shape Chisora would come in at.

For the record I had Fat Mac winning against Fury. Fury learned from that and won conclusively in the rematch.

I believe Chisora would spark out Price once he lands. Featherfisted or not. That is my less than humble opinion. But it os an objective opinion. But do carry on and rubbish all Fury has done.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by alanqlm Mon 23 Jul 2012, 11:57 am

No I picked a date that was exactly a year ago from today. Reasonable and measureable time period instead of just some random date or time period.

Seems you are picking dates to suit your arguement and jumping to unlikely conclusions.

Price has fought 3 times in 2011, had a 7 month break from Dallas to McDermott... 4 months till Sexton and what will be 5 months till Harrison.

For him to reach 4 fights this year he would then need to fight within 2 months of the Harrison fight.

Simply looking at recent trends tells you that aint likely.

Although as I said I think Harrison is a decent pick for next opponent there is no possible way you can argue that as a relative novice in the pro-ranks he is fighting often enough.

alanqlm

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Mon 23 Jul 2012, 12:14 pm

azania wrote:
TopHat24/7 wrote:

I dont see how you can call a HW boxer featherfisted. But hey, you know it.

Has Price fought anyone near the calibre of Chisora? Simple question. Fat Chisora or not. Fury was not to know what shape Chisora would come in at.

For the record I had Fat Mac winning against Fury. Fury learned from that and won conclusively in the rematch.

I believe Chisora would spark out Price once he lands. Featherfisted or not. That is my less than humble opinion. But it os an objective opinion. But do carry on and rubbish all Fury has done.

Plenty of fighters are called feather-fisted despite the fact they could knock out a normal man, like Ricky Burns, sure if he landed a crack on yours or my chin we'd take a knee at least. But that isn't comparing like for like, in his division Chisora has very little knock-out power (couldn't even drop Fury despite Fury being dropped by worse fighters also with poor ko records).

Chisora is the best fighter on either man's record, but you use it to put Fury leagues ahead of Price when the reality is, Chis aside, their records are on a par.

Re fat Chis v fat McD it's just your usual 'one rule for one fighter, one for the other' tripe that you try to pass off as objectivity.

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Mon 23 Jul 2012, 12:17 pm

alanqlm wrote:No I picked a date that was exactly a year ago from today. Reasonable and measureable time period instead of just some random date or time period.

Seems you are picking dates to suit your arguement and jumping to unlikely conclusions.

Price has fought 3 times in 2011, had a 7 month break from Dallas to McDermott... 4 months till Sexton and what will be 5 months till Harrison.

For him to reach 4 fights this year he would then need to fight within 2 months of the Harrison fight.

Simply looking at recent trends tells you that aint likely.

Although as I said I think Harrison is a decent pick for next opponent there is no possible way you can argue that as a relative novice in the pro-ranks he is fighting often enough.

You picked a date that perfectly straddled Price's longest period of inactivity in a number of years. I picked a flat fixed period over a longer duration as this is a more statistically reliable approach. It's a bit like saying house prices are on a long term downward trend by only looking at 2008-2009 whereas if you looked at a longer time period so to iron out short-term peaks and trophs, say the last 10 yrs, they are trending upwards.

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by trottb Mon 23 Jul 2012, 12:20 pm

But Alan surely you're way favours Fury and Chis as it was when they fought and you included the fight. If you went back to the Dallas fight then did 12 months it would look more like 3 fights Price 4 the others

trottb

Back to top Go down

Post by 88Chris05 Mon 23 Jul 2012, 12:44 pm

Right, well it seems that there are some who are relatively pleased with Harrison as a choice of opponent for Price, and also those who say he will provide a decent test for him.

No malice intended here, but I'd genuinely like to ask those people - which Audley performances is this belief based on? What fights of Audley have you watched and, within them, seen the qualities he'll need to give Price a run for his money?

I ask this because I simply can't see a single one in which Audley has shown such attributes, aside from his win over a below-par Williams a whole six years ago.

If Harrison had accumulated some of those defeats against well-ranked opponents, or had racked up some good wins over the past half dozen years, then maybe I'd understand. But he hasn't, and nor has he produced any performances which show that he even belongs in the same ring as a geniunely promising prospect such as Price.

So again, my question is: which Harrison performances have given people the idea that he'll be a good test for Price?
88Chris05
88Chris05

Back to top Go down

Post by Soldier_Of_Fortune Mon 23 Jul 2012, 12:47 pm

Confirmed

http://www.worldfightnews.com/david-price-face-audley-harrison/

Soldier_Of_Fortune

Back to top Go down

Post by alanqlm Mon 23 Jul 2012, 12:48 pm

It does favour Fury and Chisora but not on purpose it just happens to be the last year.

TopHat's argument of being on course for 11 fights in 3 years is not objective because there is no indication he will fight within 2 months of his fight in October.

His 1st 2 years as a pro he had 4 fights a year.

3rd year he had 3 and now this year he is on course for 3 again. Which for a top level fighter would be perfectly fine. Although Price is not a top level fighter he is fighting at domestic level and still learning as such he should be fighting 5-6 times per year not 3.

alanqlm

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Mon 23 Jul 2012, 1:16 pm

How much more are similar prospects fighting? Groves? DeGale? Cleverly?

None of them are fighting more than 3 times per year. Price fought 3 times in 4 months in 2011, why is the last 12 months any more relevant an indication of fight frequency than this token period?

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by J.Benson II Mon 23 Jul 2012, 1:19 pm

This fight is purely to help give Price more exposure and build his fanbase.

Boxing wise, Harrison isnt going to provide any kind of test, but he brings casual name recognition which will help viewing figures and further boost Price's popularity, especially if he knocks him out (which he will).

J.Benson II

Back to top Go down

Post by Union Cane Mon 23 Jul 2012, 1:23 pm

Price has been pro for 40 months.

After 40 months Mike Tyson was 34-0 and the undefeated undisputed heavyweight champion of the world.

FACT!

Last edited by Union Cane on Mon 23 Jul 2012, 1:24 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Forgot to say FACT!)
Union Cane
Union Cane

Back to top Go down

Post by bhb001 Mon 23 Jul 2012, 1:30 pm

Union, I agree that there is a lack of progress in the number of fights these lot are having now as opposed to yester year, but given the number of fights one with Harrison is a good one for him in terms of exposure and a recognised name. Good luck to him I say. If he can't get Fury, I'll accept Harrison.

bhb001

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next