The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Price vs Harrison rumoured to be happening October 13th

+24
tunes666
no-mas
eddyfightfan
Mr Bounce
Herman Jaeger
Rowley
Gordy
seanmichaels
Fists of Fury
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn
manos de piedra
The Galveston Giant
hampo17
J.Benson II
trottb
bhb001
azania
alanqlm
TopHat24/7
Soldier_Of_Fortune
88Chris05
Union Cane
superflyweight
hogey
28 posters

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Price vs Harrison rumoured to be happening October 13th - Page 2 Empty Price vs Harrison rumoured to be happening October 13th

Post by hogey Mon Jul 23, 2012 8:45 am

First topic message reminder :

Will be on Boxnation, will be interesting to see where Price is in terms of development at this stage. I just hope Audley turns up with his head right and tries to win then it might be a decent fight for a few rounds.

hogey

Back to top Go down

Price vs Harrison rumoured to be happening October 13th - Page 2 Empty Re: Price vs Harrison rumoured to be happening October 13th

Post by alanqlm Mon Jul 23, 2012 1:31 pm

The last 12 months is more relevant because its the most recent period of his career as opposed to a random period of time picked out to suit an arguement.

I didn't pick the last 12 months to suit Chisora or Fury, Personally I prefer Price and think he would beat both of them. I just think he needs to be more active.

My opinion is Price hasn't been fighting regularly enough recently. If you disagree and think 2 fights in the last year is enough then thats fair enough. I just think up and coming fighters should be fighting more than that.

alanqlm

Back to top Go down

Price vs Harrison rumoured to be happening October 13th - Page 2 Empty Re: Price vs Harrison rumoured to be happening October 13th

Post by hampo17 Mon Jul 23, 2012 1:32 pm

Union Cane wrote:Price has been pro for 40 months.

After 40 months Mike Tyson was 34-0 and the undefeated undisputed heavyweight champion of the world.

FACT!

Scary thing about Tyson is most of those fights where every two weeks! Ahh for those times now.

hampo17
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Mon Jul 23, 2012 1:34 pm

Union Cane wrote:Price has been pro for 40 months.

After 40 months Mike Tyson was 34-0 and the undefeated undisputed heavyweight champion of the world.

FACT!

And 100 yrs ago they were fighting 25 rounds whereas now we get fobbed off with 10 rounders for fights like Haye-Chisora, fact is this is a different era, nobody does what Tyson did anymore. FACT.

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Mon Jul 23, 2012 1:36 pm

TopHat24/7 wrote:
azania wrote:
TopHat24/7 wrote:
azania wrote:Some garbage being written here again. It seems that objectivity is thrown out of the window because certain posters do not like certain boxers. Fury fought a more ambitious version of Fat Mac. Price fought a version who was in a pie shop training.

Fury fought an unmotivated Chisora and won. Price has not fought anyone near as good as an unmotivated Chisora no matter how you spin it.

Same old trash from you too Az, can't believe you forgot to mention Price being a chinless wonder who feather-fisted Chisora would spark out with ease.

You talk about objectivity but disregard Price's win against fat slob McD but credit Fury for his win against fat slob Chisora. Fury may have fought a 'more ambitious version of Fat Mac", but he also lost to him on everyone's scorecard but the refs.

I dont see how you can call a HW boxer featherfisted. But hey, you know it.

Has Price fought anyone near the calibre of Chisora? Simple question. Fat Chisora or not. Fury was not to know what shape Chisora would come in at.

For the record I had Fat Mac winning against Fury. Fury learned from that and won conclusively in the rematch.

I believe Chisora would spark out Price once he lands. Featherfisted or not. That is my less than humble opinion. But it os an objective opinion. But do carry on and rubbish all Fury has done.

Plenty of fighters are called feather-fisted despite the fact they could knock out a normal man, like Ricky Burns, sure if he landed a crack on yours or my chin we'd take a knee at least. But that isn't comparing like for like, in his division Chisora has very little knock-out power (couldn't even drop Fury despite Fury being dropped by worse fighters also with poor ko records).

Chisora is the best fighter on either man's record, but you use it to put Fury leagues ahead of Price when the reality is, Chis aside, their records are on a par.

Re fat Chis v fat McD it's just your usual 'one rule for one fighter, one for the other' tripe that you try to pass off as objectivity.

Fury was dropped by a guy who caught him at the right spot. Price has not been caught yet as he has fought fighters leagues below him and fighters who you would expect him to get rid of. He hasn't been matched equally yet. Chisora/Fury was an equal match up without doubt. Both undefeated and both ambitious. Was Fury to know what shape Chisora would come in at? In terms of ranking, Fury is streets ahead and justifiably so. In terms of ability, they're closer and to be honest I couldn't pick a winner although I'll give the edge to Fury because of experience.

Fury also fought a better version of Fat Mac. Its like saying Pac did a better job on Shane than Vernon. Fact is they fought different versions of the same guy. McD had ambition when he fought Fury and zero when he fought Price.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Mon Jul 23, 2012 1:37 pm

alma wrote:
TopHat24/7 wrote:How much more are similar prospects fighting? Groves? DeGale? Cleverly?

None of them are fighting more than 3 times per year. Price fought 3 times in 4 months in 2011, why is the last 12 months any more relevant an indication of fight frequency than this token period?

the three you mention have fought at a much higher level and are also frank warren fighters and have struggled with injuries and boxnation issues.

Boxnation issues is no different to Price's 'promoter issues' and he's also been slowed by injuries has he not? Didn't realise any of those 3 (other than Groves once) has had serious enough injuries to keep them out long periods, the fact is prospects don't fight as frequently as we'd like these days.

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Mon Jul 23, 2012 1:40 pm

Price is bowling stiffs over without getting touched. He should be fighting at least every 2 months at the very least. What did he learn from the 2 minute blowout of Fat Mac and how did the energy he put into the fight keep him out of the ring for 4 months. Maloney is wasting his talents.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Mon Jul 23, 2012 1:40 pm

alanqlm wrote:The last 12 months is more relevant because its the most recent period of his career as opposed to a random period of time picked out to suit an arguement.

Yes. To highlight the weakness in picking an arbitrary time period rather than a statistically significant one. The last 12 months is a distortion of a long term trend by an anomolous data point - being a unusually long lay-off period.

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Mon Jul 23, 2012 1:46 pm

azania wrote:
TopHat24/7 wrote:
azania wrote:
TopHat24/7 wrote:
azania wrote:Some garbage being written here again. It seems that objectivity is thrown out of the window because certain posters do not like certain boxers. Fury fought a more ambitious version of Fat Mac. Price fought a version who was in a pie shop training.

Fury fought an unmotivated Chisora and won. Price has not fought anyone near as good as an unmotivated Chisora no matter how you spin it.

Same old trash from you too Az, can't believe you forgot to mention Price being a chinless wonder who feather-fisted Chisora would spark out with ease.

You talk about objectivity but disregard Price's win against fat slob McD but credit Fury for his win against fat slob Chisora. Fury may have fought a 'more ambitious version of Fat Mac", but he also lost to him on everyone's scorecard but the refs.

I dont see how you can call a HW boxer featherfisted. But hey, you know it.

Has Price fought anyone near the calibre of Chisora? Simple question. Fat Chisora or not. Fury was not to know what shape Chisora would come in at.

For the record I had Fat Mac winning against Fury. Fury learned from that and won conclusively in the rematch.

I believe Chisora would spark out Price once he lands. Featherfisted or not. That is my less than humble opinion. But it os an objective opinion. But do carry on and rubbish all Fury has done.

Plenty of fighters are called feather-fisted despite the fact they could knock out a normal man, like Ricky Burns, sure if he landed a crack on yours or my chin we'd take a knee at least. But that isn't comparing like for like, in his division Chisora has very little knock-out power (couldn't even drop Fury despite Fury being dropped by worse fighters also with poor ko records).

Chisora is the best fighter on either man's record, but you use it to put Fury leagues ahead of Price when the reality is, Chis aside, their records are on a par.

Re fat Chis v fat McD it's just your usual 'one rule for one fighter, one for the other' tripe that you try to pass off as objectivity.

Fury was dropped by a guy who caught him at the right spot. Price has not been caught yet as he has fought fighters leagues below him and fighters who you would expect him to get rid of. He hasn't been matched equally yet. Chisora/Fury was an equal match up without doubt. Both undefeated and both ambitious. Was Fury to know what shape Chisora would come in at? In terms of ranking, Fury is streets ahead and justifiably so. In terms of ability, they're closer and to be honest I couldn't pick a winner although I'll give the edge to Fury because of experience.

Fury also fought a better version of Fat Mac. Its like saying Pac did a better job on Shane than Vernon. Fact is they fought different versions of the same guy. McD had ambition when he fought Fury and zero when he fought Price.

So now you're excusing Fury being dropped? Classic Az. Dammned if you do, dammned if you don't.

Chisora-Fury was a good match-up on paper when first signed, respect Fury's cajones for that, but the reality come fight night was Chis was no more motivated or challenging than McD was v Price. Chis is still better than anything on Price's CV, I'm not denying that, but stripping Chis out their CVs simply aren't that different particularly as Fury has gone backwards since Chisora. Given that Fury's CV should have a loss to an, admittedly better more motivated McD, on it I cannot see how you derive 'streets ahead' other riding your usual Az wum-train.

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by The Galveston Giant Mon Jul 23, 2012 1:51 pm

If Harrison is respectful in the lead up i may watch it. If he's starts telling us how he going to conquer the world after he wins this one i'll give it a miss. He's not kidding anyone but himself anymore.
The Galveston Giant
The Galveston Giant

Back to top Go down

Post by alanqlm Mon Jul 23, 2012 1:55 pm

TopHat24/7 wrote:
alanqlm wrote:The last 12 months is more relevant because its the most recent period of his career as opposed to a random period of time picked out to suit an arguement.

Yes. To highlight the weakness in picking an arbitrary time period rather than a statistically significant one. The last 12 months is a distortion of a long term trend by an anomolous data point - being a unusually long lay-off period.

The 5 months between his last fight and when he eventually fights Harrison isn't unusually long anymore though, its actually less than the lay off between fighting Dallas and Sexton, and only a month longer than between Sexton and McDermott...... Thats the problem its seems to be turning into a trend for Price to take these long breaks.

If this was the 1st time he had waited months between fights I would take it as just a coincidence but when something happens 3 times in a row its hard to look past.

He has been fighting for 3 years, so that 12 months is 1/3 of his career not exactly that much of a distortion

alanqlm

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Mon Jul 23, 2012 1:57 pm

So now you're excusing Fury being dropped? Classic Az. Dammned if you do, dammned if you don't.

Chisora-Fury was a good match-up on paper when first signed, respect Fury's cajones for that, but the reality come fight night was Chis was no more motivated or challenging than McD was v Price. Chis is still better than anything on Price's CV, I'm not denying that, but stripping Chis out their CVs simply aren't that different particularly as Fury has gone backwards since Chisora. Given that Fury's CV should have a loss to an, admittedly better more motivated McD, on it I cannot see how you derive 'streets ahead' other riding your usual Az wum-train.

I don't know if its your level of comprehension or perhaps I'm not making it clear. But point out where I have excused Fury for being decked. He got caught and was dropped. What excuse?

So now to big up Price, you are comparing an unmotivated Chisora to an unmotivated Fat Mac.

I'll stop there but thanks for the amusement.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Mon Jul 23, 2012 2:01 pm

The Galveston Giant wrote:If Harrison is respectful in the lead up i may watch it. If he's starts telling us how he going to conquer the world after he wins this one i'll give it a miss. He's not kidding anyone but himself anymore.

I'm sure he'll be concerned about you.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Mon Jul 23, 2012 2:13 pm

azania wrote:

I don't know if its your level of comprehension or perhaps I'm not making it clear. But point out where I have excused Fury for being decked. He got caught and was dropped. What excuse?

So now to big up Price, you are comparing an unmotivated Chisora to an unmotivated Fat Mac.

Fury was dropped by a guy who caught him at the right spot.

Used to deflect my point about Chis being feather-fisted because he couldn't even wobble a guy that was dropped by another light puncher, the above sentence implying that it was a lucky shot by said light punching boxer not that it was just a boxer, throwing a punch, landing it as intended and the opponent dropping.

All things are comparable, it's about relativity. Chisora and McD's motivation and generally slack attitude towards training and preperation was very similar however I have, on multiple occassions, made it clear that I consider Chis the better opponent. This should have given you the hint:

Chis is still better than anything on Price's CV

However don't let that stop your usual contrarian cobblers.

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by manos de piedra Mon Jul 23, 2012 2:18 pm

Its not that surprising really. I think it was pretty much set that Price would be defending his domestic titles and in that respect Audley is about a qualified as anyone else for a shot domestically. Still wont be any shortage of people willing to tune in to see Audey KOed.

manos de piedra

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Mon Jul 23, 2012 2:22 pm

TopHat24/7 wrote:
azania wrote:

Used to deflect my point about Chis being feather-fisted because he couldn't even wobble a guy that was dropped by another light puncher, the above sentence implying that it was a lucky shot by said light punching boxer not that it was just a boxer, throwing a punch, landing it as intended and the opponent dropping.

All things are comparable, it's about relativity. Chisora and McD's motivation and generally slack attitude towards training and preperation was very similar however I have, on multiple occassions, made it clear that I consider Chis the better opponent. This should have given you the hint:

I fail to see how a statement of fact is a deflection. Try reading what is written as opposed to reading between supposed lines. You seem to believe you know my posting history and thought. I hardly ever subscribe to the lucky punch theory with few exceptions. One being the punch Sprott landed on Audley. Many have called Garcia's left against Khan a lucky punch. Not me.

Fact is, Fury has fought a better level of opposition than Price and is ranked higher than Price in all governing bodied, Ring and wherever you care to look. PHACKT!

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by Soldier_Of_Fortune Mon Jul 23, 2012 2:24 pm

azania wrote:

Fury get praise for being dropped by lower opposition, Price get criticism for not being touched Headscratch

Soldier_Of_Fortune

Back to top Go down

Post by Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn Mon Jul 23, 2012 2:25 pm

Harrison is a decent lamb to fed to a prospect coming up. But thats it. He has no right to try and claim hes the second coming of Ali anymore after the cons he has pulled.

I actually wouldn't have minded if Fury fought Harrison either, only for the fact that both Price & Fury would give him a good hiding and I always like to see Audley get humiliated for beating the clown he is.

Price isn't even 14 fights in and idiots like (?? cant say his name or he will run and tell like a girl again) think they should be fighting K2. Go back and smoke whatever it is you smoke

This is Prices 14th fight = Audley Harrison (28-5-0)

Tyson Fury's = Zach Page (21-32-2)

Price is moving up quicker than Fury has. If Price is fighting Vinny Maddalone or Martin Rogan in his 18/19 fight then I will join you Az in slating Price, I promise. In the meantime he is fighting the kind of fights a 13 fight novice is expected to fight.
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn

http://theboxingfreak.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Mon Jul 23, 2012 2:40 pm

At 13/14 fights Fury was fighting Chisora.

Also I have said on this thread for those too thick to understand and too lazy to read, that Audley is a decent opponent for Price. Anyone who thinks Price should be fighting K2 now is a prime fool. But he should be fighting more often than he is. Again on this thread I have written that Maloney is holding him back. Why wait til Oct to fight next? He should take a fight in between.

Honestly some people here are borderline ESN.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Mon Jul 23, 2012 2:43 pm

azania wrote:
TopHat24/7 wrote:
azania wrote:

I fail to see how a statement of fact is a deflection. Try reading what is written as opposed to reading between supposed lines. You seem to believe you know my posting history and thought. I hardly ever subscribe to the lucky punch theory with few exceptions. One being the punch Sprott landed on Audley. Many have called Garcia's left against Khan a lucky punch. Not me.

Fact is, Fury has fought a better level of opposition than Price and is ranked higher than Price in all governing bodied, Ring and wherever you care to look. PHACKT!

Then why say it? The response was only neccessarry by way of countering my argument that Chisora has failed to show he has ko power at the weight. Why need the reference to "caught him on the right spot"? Fact is he caught him and dropped him, end of. But you felt the need to qualify the ko.

And you keep avoiding the point re opposition. Fury has fought ONE FIGHTER out of step with Price's opposition, one swallow does not make a summer and one opponent does not a record make. Fury is not 'streets ahead' on any main bodies ranking as far as I'm aware, maybe 5 to 10 places but that's it. How much higher was it at the similar stage of his career though? In his 13/14th fight? Fury as had five more fights therefore his opposition SHOULD be better as should his ranking.

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by Fists of Fury Mon Jul 23, 2012 2:48 pm

Quote from Price made me laugh.

Audley called me prior to Beijing, giving me advice and wishing me luck, which I appreciated. He's still getting flattened, though.

Fists of Fury
Admin
Admin

http://bloxhamcricket.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Mon Jul 23, 2012 2:50 pm

Fury in his 13th fight fought an unbeaten Chisora. Price is to fight Audley. Says it all really.

Yes Fury should have stepped it up a bit. Perhaps his team saw that there is still a lot of work to do before he goes near world class level of opponents.

Price is to fight Audley.

Fury is in the Ring's top 10. Price is nowhere. Ergo Fury is streets ahead in the rankings. But in terms of ability they're on par I reckon.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by Union Cane Mon Jul 23, 2012 2:51 pm

Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn wrote:This is Prices 14th fight = Audley Harrison (28-5-0)

Tyson Fury's = Zach Page (21-32-2)

Only that isn't true, as Fury's 14th fight was against Marcelo Nascimento (13-0).

Incidentally, his 12th was Rich Power (12-0), and his 15th Dereck Chisora (14-0) and he has also fought previously unbeaten Neven Pajkic (16-0).

Price has fought two undefeated fighters, Liridon Memishi (0-0) and Tom Dallas (15-0).

Yet Price still has the better record.

Headscratch

Union Cane
Union Cane

Location : Whatever truculent means, if that's good, I'm that.

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Mon Jul 23, 2012 2:54 pm

This is the best thing that could happen to Price. The publicity he will get will elevate his public standing which is what he needs. Lets face it, the guy makes Ricky Burns sound exciting and controversial. Audley promoting himself will rub off on Price. The public outside of his household will get to know him. BN should show this free.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by Soldier_Of_Fortune Mon Jul 23, 2012 2:54 pm

I believe he fought Chisora in his 15th fight

Soldier_Of_Fortune

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Mon Jul 23, 2012 2:56 pm

Will Audley get a world title shot if he wins?

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn Mon Jul 23, 2012 2:58 pm

Chisora was his 15th fight.

That being said, I can't understand why Price is getting criticised for not being touched in 13 fights, he should be praised for that.

Even with the equally woeful opponents that Fury has fought, he has got into way more bother with chumps that Price would rip apart.

Do you REALLY see Price vs Rogan making it too the 5th round with Rogan winning the first 3 rounds!!!

Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Mon Jul 23, 2012 3:05 pm

What? Its obvious you don't like Fury, but to say Rogan won the first 3 rounds is a stretch. I'd expect Price to do away with Rogan convincingly. But wouldn't expect Price to come out southpaw.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Mon Jul 23, 2012 3:06 pm

azania wrote:Fury in his 13th fight fought an unbeaten Chisora. Price is to fight Audley. Says it all really.

Yes Fury should have stepped it up a bit. Perhaps his team saw that there is still a lot of work to do before he goes near world class level of opponents.

Fury is in the Ring's top 10. Price is nowhere. Ergo Fury is streets ahead in the rankings. But in terms of ability they're on par I reckon.

1. Wrong, he fought Page in his 13th and a complete nobody in his 14th - Nascimento. He fought Chisora in his 15th fight, which Price hasn't reached yet so there's yet to be a fair comparison.

2. You cannot say 'Price is nowhere' based on the Ring as, to the best of my knowledge, the Ring only does at top 10 at each weight and has Fury is at #10. Price could be #11 for all you know.

3. Fury has only got there after 19 fights, he wasn't there after 14 therefore using that as a yardstick for Price is nonesense.

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Mon Jul 23, 2012 3:09 pm

Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn wrote:Chisora was his 15th fight.

That being said, I can't understand why Price is getting criticised for not being touched in 13 fights, he should be praised for that.

Even with the equally woeful opponents that Fury has fought, he has got into way more bother with chumps that Price would rip apart.

Do you REALLY see Price vs Rogan making it too the 5th round with Rogan winning the first 3 rounds!!!

Maybe a little Belfast bias there Reeborn...?? Smile Not sure I even gave Marty 1 round.....

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Mon Jul 23, 2012 3:15 pm

TopHat24/7 wrote:
azania wrote:Fury in his 13th fight fought an unbeaten Chisora. Price is to fight Audley. Says it all really.

1. Wrong, he fought Page in his 13th and a complete nobody in his 14th - Nascimento. He fought Chisora in his 15th fight, which Price hasn't reached yet so there's yet to be a fair comparison.

2. You cannot say 'Price is nowhere' based on the Ring as, to the best of my knowledge, the Ring only does at top 10 at each weight and has Fury is at #10. Price could be #11 for all you know.

3. Fury has only got there after 19 fights, he wasn't there after 14 therefore using that as a yardstick for Price is nonesense.

Wasn't nascremento unbeaten? Paige is a good test for an up and coming fighter. Full of tricks and expected to lose. Price should be fighting him to be fair.

As Union said, Fury has fought more unbeaten fighters at an equal stage of their careers. Better record.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Mon Jul 23, 2012 3:17 pm

Boxrec has Fury 7th, Price 15th

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Mon Jul 23, 2012 3:34 pm

azania wrote:
TopHat24/7 wrote:

Wasn't nascremento unbeaten? Paige is a good test for an up and coming fighter. Full of tricks and expected to lose. Price should be fighting him to be fair.

As Union said, Fury has fought more unbeaten fighters at an equal stage of their careers. Better record.

Page? 21-32-2 Erm Maybe you mean Rich Power? Who is equivalent to Tom Dallas: 12-0-0 and 15-0-0 respectively.

And Nascimento was awful, a Brazilian club fighter who has since beaten 3 fighters on their debuts and lost to the other 3 fighters he's fought.

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Mon Jul 23, 2012 3:35 pm

seanmichaels wrote:Boxrec has Fury 7th, Price 15th

Streeeeeeeeeeeeeets ahead. If that street is a cul-de-sac in a small provincial town. Be curious if Fury was top 15 after 13 fights too.

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Mon Jul 23, 2012 3:39 pm

Paige is expected to lose but he hangs around and asks questions as opposed to stationary body bags. His record is desceptive. He beat Dallas but was robbed. Clever boxer and a good barometer for up and coming fighters.

Nascremento is better than anything Price has fought. So is Paige.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by bhb001 Mon Jul 23, 2012 3:43 pm

seanmichaels wrote:Will Audley get a world title shot if he wins?

The dream will still be alive he does, no doubt!!

bhb001

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Mon Jul 23, 2012 3:46 pm

Page (I presume you are just spelling it wrong to be annoying) has a chin, nothing else. None of this 'asks questions' 'record is deceptive' Love sacks.

And Nasicemento is no better than Dallas or Sexton.

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by Soldier_Of_Fortune Mon Jul 23, 2012 3:48 pm

Nascremento better the anyone Price has fought Laugh

You taking the piddle!!! He is one of the worst boxers I have seen in Prizefighter.

Sexton smashes him everywhere, and Big Bad John

Soldier_Of_Fortune

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Mon Jul 23, 2012 3:52 pm

TopHat24/7 wrote:Page (I presume you are just spelling it wrong to be annoying) has a chin, nothing else. None of this 'asks questions' 'record is deceptive' Love sacks.

And Nasicemento is no better than Dallas or Sexton.

My bad. I thought I was spelling it correctly. Page is there to be beaten. No better or worse than his record. But he comes to fight and throws punches back which is more than the oompa lumpahs Price has feasted on.

Simple truth for you Fury haters is that Fury has fought a better level of opponents than Price at every stage of his career.

Nascrimento would beat Fat Mac and Sexton.

Why is Fat Mac all of a sudden "Big Bad John"? The guy was a fat waste of space when he fought Price. Came for the money and showed as much ambition as a John picking up a hooker.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Mon Jul 23, 2012 3:53 pm

Soldier_Of_Fortune wrote:Nascremento better the anyone Price has fought Laugh

You taking the piddle!!! He is one of the worst boxers I have seen in Prizefighter.

Sexton smashes him everywhere, and Big Bad John

Just Az being Az.....

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Mon Jul 23, 2012 4:26 pm

BOXING
British boxer Audley Harrison on Twitter: "You can't keep a good man down. I've failed many times, but I never gave up that I would be back to this place #2012redemption"

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by Union Cane Mon Jul 23, 2012 4:30 pm

seanmichaels wrote:BOXING
British boxer Audley Harrison on Twitter: "You can't keep a good man down. I've failed many times, but I never gave up that I would be back to this place #2012redemption"

True, but not sure how that is relevant here.
Union Cane
Union Cane

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Mon Jul 23, 2012 4:32 pm

Union Cane wrote:
seanmichaels wrote:BOXING

True, but not sure how that is relevant here.

Big Auds will spark out Price. Remember this day.

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by Union Cane Mon Jul 23, 2012 4:34 pm

Hope he does, it might shut up some of these Pricey fanboys...
Union Cane
Union Cane

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Mon Jul 23, 2012 4:38 pm

Yeh, lets hope Groves, JDG, Eubank Jr, and any other decent prospect gets splattered too. Last thing we want is talented popular boxers in this country.......ALL HAIL TYSON FURY!!

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn Mon Jul 23, 2012 4:39 pm

"Wasn't nascremento unbeaten?"

Wasn't Tom Dallas against Price and you slated that one Az

Last edited by Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn on Mon Jul 23, 2012 4:41 pm; edited 1 time in total
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn

Back to top Go down

Post by The Galveston Giant Mon Jul 23, 2012 4:41 pm

azania wrote:
The Galveston Giant wrote:If Harrison is respectful in the lead up i may watch it. If he's starts telling us how he going to conquer the world after he wins this one i'll give it a miss. He's not kidding anyone but himself anymore.

I'm sure he'll be concerned about you.

I should hope so it's the fans that pay his wages.
The Galveston Giant
The Galveston Giant

Back to top Go down

Post by bhb001 Mon Jul 23, 2012 4:45 pm

Union Cane wrote:Hope he does, it might shut up some of these Pricey fanboys...

Union, I rarely see you so wound up about what is really only a learning fight. Take deep breaths! And I probably wouldn't bet against Audley as he has a tendancy to hang around far longer than is polite!!

bhb001

Back to top Go down

Post by hogey Mon Jul 23, 2012 4:46 pm

Hennessy is no fool he knows Fury's limitations that's why he is gone back to fighting washed up cabbies and no marks like Maddalone, no sense taking risks with a bloke who gets dropped or hurt by fighters like Pajkic a renowned non puncher at least until the inevitable title shot comes round. I fairness to Audley he might not be a top contender but he is still a level above the likes of Paige and Nacimento so i fail to see how anyone could knock him as an opponent.

hogey

Back to top Go down

Post by Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn Mon Jul 23, 2012 4:51 pm

azania wrote:What? Its obvious you don't like Fury, but to say Rogan won the first 3 rounds is a stretch. I'd expect Price to do away with Rogan convincingly. But wouldn't expect Price to come out southpaw.

As far as I remember Fury only really started throwing punches back in the 4th and thats when Rogan's time was up. Fury could have ended the fight in the first but instead he carried Rogan. Not for one second and I saying Rogan won ANY Rounds off his own gameplan. Fury gave them away.
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn

Back to top Go down

Post by Gordy Mon Jul 23, 2012 4:54 pm

Terrible match up between two hype jobs but completely predictable. Heavyweight boxing is dead and has been since Lewis retired.

Imagine how fighters like Frank Bruno must feel looking at the division now? He had the misfortune of being around when guys like Lewis, Tyson and Holyfield were at the top when if he was around today he would clean up against this lot. I would say there are alot of fighters from other eras that never won the title that would fancy there chances had they been around now!

Gordy

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next