The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Price vs Harrison rumoured to be happening October 13th

+24
tunes666
no-mas
eddyfightfan
Mr Bounce
Herman Jaeger
Rowley
Gordy
seanmichaels
Fists of Fury
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn
manos de piedra
The Galveston Giant
hampo17
J.Benson II
trottb
bhb001
azania
alanqlm
TopHat24/7
Soldier_Of_Fortune
88Chris05
Union Cane
superflyweight
hogey
28 posters

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Price vs Harrison rumoured to be happening October 13th - Page 3 Empty Price vs Harrison rumoured to be happening October 13th

Post by hogey Mon 23 Jul 2012, 8:45 am

First topic message reminder :

Will be on Boxnation, will be interesting to see where Price is in terms of development at this stage. I just hope Audley turns up with his head right and tries to win then it might be a decent fight for a few rounds.

hogey

Back to top Go down

Price vs Harrison rumoured to be happening October 13th - Page 3 Empty Re: Price vs Harrison rumoured to be happening October 13th

Post by trottb Mon 23 Jul 2012, 4:56 pm

Gordy wrote:Terrible match up between two hype jobs but completely predictable. Heavyweight boxing is dead and has been since Lewis retired.

Imagine how fighters like Frank Bruno must feel looking at the division now? He had the misfortune of being around when guys like Lewis, Tyson and Holyfield were at the top when if he was around today he would clean up against this lot. I would say there are alot of fighters from other eras that never won the title that would fancy there chances had they been around now!

You really are obsessed aren't you. Think Klitschkos both have a pretty easy day with Bruno to be honest.

trottb

Back to top Go down

Price vs Harrison rumoured to be happening October 13th - Page 3 Empty Re: Price vs Harrison rumoured to be happening October 13th

Post by TopHat24/7 Mon 23 Jul 2012, 4:59 pm

trottb wrote:
Gordy wrote:Terrible match up between two hype jobs but completely predictable. Heavyweight boxing is dead and has been since Lewis retired.

Imagine how fighters like Frank Bruno must feel looking at the division now? He had the misfortune of being around when guys like Lewis, Tyson and Holyfield were at the top when if he was around today he would clean up against this lot. I would say there are alot of fighters from other eras that never won the title that would fancy there chances had they been around now!

You really are obsessed aren't you. Think Klitschkos both have a pretty easy day with Bruno to be honest.

I think Gordy is to Lennox Lewis what D4 is/was to Pacman.

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by manos de piedra Mon 23 Jul 2012, 5:08 pm

I thinks its fairly small differences betwen Price and Furys records. Fury has had more fights so is a bit more advanced in that regard but what evens the score or, in my opinion edges Price ahead is that he has looked better putting away his opposition so far.

Arguing if Page, Rogan and Nascimento are better than Audley, Dallas or Sexton is fairly innocuos I think. Not much separating them other than small margins.

Given that Fury is that bit more advanced in his career in terms of the fights he has, the rankings he holds and that he vacated the domestic titles I think the pressure should be him a little bit more now to start stepping it up. Fury is well positioned with the WBC at the moment and it seems likely that the WBC title will become vacant in the next 12 months. Fury could be in position to find himself fighting a beatable opponent for the vacant title.

manos de piedra

Back to top Go down

Post by The Galveston Giant Mon 23 Jul 2012, 6:14 pm

Maddalone was a decent prospect aswell at one point but i'm sure it was at the same time Harrison was.
The Galveston Giant
The Galveston Giant

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Mon 23 Jul 2012, 8:41 pm

The Galveston Giant wrote:Maddalone was a decent prospect aswell at one point but i'm sure it was at the same time Harrison was.

Believe it was around the time the Sinclair C5 was being hailed as the transport of the future.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by Herman Jaeger Mon 23 Jul 2012, 8:46 pm

alma wrote:I think furys team are banking on vitali retiring soon and then going for the vacant title

Unless ze Diamond Boy can upset the applecart.

Meaasge for the Hayemaker:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AiJoxmsxzqI&feature=endscreen

Menaces Haye:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?NR=1&feature=endscreen&v=F4Du2W4cQ0A

Another angle:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3GFbSAh7rGE&feature=endscreen

Challenges Vitali Klit:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wce5V6mEcIM&feature=endscreen

Menaces Klit:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z6lzBLqSdAY&feature=endscreen

Longer:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4WDanjH-49Q&feature=endscreen

Interview(sounds like Arthur Abraham, high guard like the Armenian):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QOoKBcH9rCI&feature=endscreen

His fans:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wpqE_3d3xiU&feature=fvwrel

ze diamond Boy:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5gKSN4Ygg2Y&feature=endscreen

Representing Deutschland Laugh :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=__TAw2O8FFY&feature=related

Charr injured:

http://www.fightnews.com/Boxing/charr-injured-out-for-5-months-38107

Other:

http://www.boxingscene.com/manuel-charr/news/

Certainly appears confident. Almost convincingly so. Former German Muay Thai Champion. Never see him fight. He's a huge underdog again Vitali. Be a great fight with Haye if he pulls it off.

Herman Jaeger

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Bounce Mon 23 Jul 2012, 9:56 pm

I like Price and I like Fury, but both for very different reasons.

With Price he's an up & coming prospect and a former Olympic medallist. He's big, has power, and seems a cut above everyone he's faced so far. It remains to be seen how far he can go.

With Fury he is an entertainer first, and a boxer second. He is also massive and carries natural power. He also has a very leaky defence so you never know which Tyson Fury will turn up or if he will taste the canvas. This makes him exciting, amusing and worth watching, even if for all the wrong reasons.

As for Price fighting Audley, it's standard practice with promotion: find a washed-up "name" to gain extra publicity. Once the "name" is dispatched people start to get interested, even if the fighter s as dull as beige paint. (See Klitschkos).

Mr Bounce

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Bounce Mon 23 Jul 2012, 9:59 pm

Herman Jaggery wrote:
Certainly appears confident. Almost convincingly so. Former German Muay Thai Champion. Never see him fight. He's a huge underdog again Vitali. Be a great fight with Haye if he pulls it off.

I also have never seen him fight, although with Vitali's age anything could happen. But then again remember that Odlanier Solis was stupidly confident too.

Might even chuck a cheeky 50p on Charr. Although I do think that he looks like he carries rohypnol in his back pocket...

Mr Bounce

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Mon 23 Jul 2012, 10:00 pm

TopHat24/7 wrote:Yeh, lets hope Groves, JDG, Eubank Jr, and any other decent prospect gets splattered too. Last thing we want is talented popular boxers in this country.......ALL HAIL TYSON FURY!!

popular? Who the hell knows him? The guy is as dull as they come. .

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Mon 23 Jul 2012, 10:09 pm

Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn wrote:"Wasn't nascremento unbeaten?"

Wasn't Tom Dallas against Price and you slated that one Az

Fair enough if you think Dallas beat Zack Page.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Mon 23 Jul 2012, 10:11 pm

The Galveston Giant wrote:
azania wrote:
The Galveston Giant wrote:If Harrison is respectful in the lead up i may watch it. If he's starts telling us how he going to conquer the world after he wins this one i'll give it a miss. He's not kidding anyone but himself anymore.

I'm sure he'll be concerned about you.

I should hope so it's the fans that pay his wages.

And they seem to want to see him "fight" despite his apparent lack of respect.

Anyway, when has he been disrespectful in what he says. You can argue that he has been disrespectful to boxing as a sport.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by eddyfightfan Mon 23 Jul 2012, 10:23 pm

one of them had to draw the short straw (fury or price) and would end up fighting harrison. i think audleys last few performances (his win over adams excluded) have shown that he no longer possesses that rare good performance, he is 40 years old after all. i dont actually mind this fight, but i was one of a few who thought furys last defence wasnt a waste of time either.

most people seem to want them to fight for a world title right now, there both not ready yet, and only fury has even beaten a live contender in chisora, who wasnt 100% anyways. id like to see then both have at least 25 fights before trying to topple the most dominant heavyweight in recent history.

eddyfightfan

Back to top Go down

Post by Herman Jaeger Mon 23 Jul 2012, 10:40 pm

Mr Bounce wrote:
Herman Jaggery wrote:

I also have never seen him fight, although with Vitali's age anything could happen. But then again remember that Odlanier Solis was stupidly confident too.

Might even chuck a cheeky 50p on Charr. Although I do think that he looks like he carries rohypnol in his back pocket...

Laugh

He looks lumbering doesn't he(and a bit intimidating.) But you can't be a Muay Thai champion without having reactions can you? He's meant to be a vicious body puncher. But this will be his first fight against quality.

Herman Jaeger

Back to top Go down

Post by no-mas Tue 24 Jul 2012, 12:32 am

hogey wrote:Hennessy is no fool he knows Fury's limitations that's why he is gone back to fighting washed up cabbies and no marks like Maddalone, no sense taking risks with a bloke who gets dropped or hurt by fighters like Pajkic a renowned non puncher at least until the inevitable title shot comes round. I fairness to Audley he might not be a top contender but he is still a level above the likes of Paige and Nacimento so i fail to see how anyone could knock him as an opponent.

You can knock him as an opponent because majority on here called Fury for fighting a "washed up cabbie" as you say yet didn't that cabbie beat Prices next opponent? Someone earlier in the thread said Price is better as he did a better job on McDermott, if that's the case then why is Price facing a guy who lost to a washed up cabbie?

no-mas

Back to top Go down

Post by tunes666 Tue 24 Jul 2012, 1:32 am

I think its a good idea for Price to fight Audley. While Audley has under achieved and got spanked by Haye, he is still tricky and bar the Haye disaster he has never been an easy customer, with his size and can land a bomb if your not careful.

Price needs more fights under his belts before he starts going for world level, its also still a fight that will generate a little interest, even if to see if Price can do what Haye did.

I fancy Price to win in two rounds though as I think he is the man, that being said his chin is untested and if Audley lands one it could be interesting... I think with this fight he may then go for a Chisora or other popular Euro level fighter and he should be ready to start calling out one of the bug guys.

tunes666

Back to top Go down

Post by horizontalhero Tue 24 Jul 2012, 2:04 am

Domestic heavyweight champ defends against past it/ never had it domestic level heavyweight has spawned three pages of debate. Gents, I think we all need to get out more.

horizontalhero

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Tue 24 Jul 2012, 9:27 am

horizontalhero wrote:Domestic heavyweight champ defends against past it/ never had it domestic level heavyweight has spawned three pages of debate. Gents, I think we all need to get out more.

Horizontal, I refer you to the below, posted at 10.20am yesterday on page 1:

TopHat24/7 wrote:
superflyweight wrote:Price has said on twitter that his next fight will be announced soon. Would expect his power to scare the bejesus out of Audley and that the fight will be over inside 5.

Cue Az making bold statements about Audley knocking out "chinny" Price.

If Az joins this thread it'll be 3 pages long by the end of the day.......

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by Union Cane Tue 24 Jul 2012, 9:29 am

Do you read 606v2 Audley?

If you do, go to 6:20, watch, and learn...

Spoiler:

All the best big man.

thumbsup
Union Cane
Union Cane

Location : Whatever truculent means, if that's good, I'm that.

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Tue 24 Jul 2012, 9:40 am

If I knew how I'd do the same for all the times Audley got flattened.....

PS: just watched the vid, are stoppages that pathetic an amateur thing?? No way in hell that'd ever be a stoppage in the pros, he was fine.

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by The Galveston Giant Tue 24 Jul 2012, 10:30 am

They usually aren't that bad but the amatuers is obviously different when it comes to safety.
The Galveston Giant
The Galveston Giant

Back to top Go down

Post by eirebilly Tue 24 Jul 2012, 10:32 am

I was really suprised to find out about this fight. I have no idea why Price would want to fight Audley. Surely there are better options?
eirebilly
eirebilly

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Tue 24 Jul 2012, 10:36 am

I think as others have mentioned Billy it's all about publicity. Audley is better at self-promotion than boxing and Price will ride that wave, hopefully deal with him comfortably whilst getting more than 2 rounds under his belt and hopefully fight again before year end.

Really would like to see him in with someone really durable, even if limited.

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by eirebilly Tue 24 Jul 2012, 10:37 am

Aahh, its for a pay day. I get it now. Cheers mate OK
eirebilly
eirebilly

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Tue 24 Jul 2012, 10:51 am

So Price is fighting a guy who lost to a Belfast cabbie (a guy Fury beat and was criticised for it)

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by Soldier_Of_Fortune Tue 24 Jul 2012, 11:19 am

azania wrote:So Price is fighting a guy who lost to a Belfast cabbie (a guy Fury beat and was criticised for it)

Am surpised you never raised this earlier, or was it because no-mas said it.

WUM

Soldier_Of_Fortune

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Tue 24 Jul 2012, 1:08 pm

At this stage of his career, Audley is a great fight for him. Price will be tested whilst it lasts.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by Soldier_Of_Fortune Tue 24 Jul 2012, 1:17 pm

azania wrote:At this stage of his career, Audley is a great fight for him. Price will be tested whilst it lasts.

To be honest it would have been an interesting fight for Fury aswell. Cant think of many boxers that he hasnt had a huge size advantage. Probs Belshaw.

Giving at there stages in there retrospective careers, they are where they should be. i would like to see Fury against Helenius though!

Soldier_Of_Fortune

Back to top Go down

Post by bhb001 Tue 24 Jul 2012, 1:33 pm

azania wrote:So Price is fighting a guy who lost to a Belfast cabbie (a guy Fury beat and was criticised for it)

Fury was coming off the back of a good win against Chisora. He was at the stage to move up and promptly went back in quality. For Price, Harrison is still a bit of a test

bhb001

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Tue 24 Jul 2012, 1:50 pm

I would say Harrison is on a par, quality wise, with Price's last few opponents. Publcicity-wise it's a step-up but otherwise a bit of a flat-line, I think he needs to fight again this year to maintain credibility.

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Tue 24 Jul 2012, 1:52 pm

bhb

What gets to me is the mental gymnastics people play here. They rasie Fat Mac as a common opponent yet ignore the issue of Fat Mac's motivitation or lack of when he fought Price. Rogan was ridiculed as an opponent for Fury yet ignore (in my case forgot) that Rogan beat the guy Price is fighting.

I actually believe Fury and Price are brought along at the correct pace. No need for Fury to rush headlong into a title fight after the Chisora win when he is still very much learning. Same with Price although Price has been bowling them over but not fighting often enough.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Tue 24 Jul 2012, 2:00 pm

azania wrote:bhb

What gets to me is the mental gymnastics people play here. They rasie Fat Mac as a common opponent yet ignore the issue of Fat Mac's motivitation or lack of when he fought Price. Rogan was ridiculed as an opponent for Fury yet ignore (in my case forgot) that Rogan beat the guy Price is fighting.

Is that you daily pot..kettle..black comment?

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by Soldier_Of_Fortune Tue 24 Jul 2012, 2:08 pm

azania wrote:

Is Tyson Fury even unbeaten after McDermott I?

Soldier_Of_Fortune

Back to top Go down

Post by manos de piedra Tue 24 Jul 2012, 2:12 pm

The Fury/Chisora fight is slightly revisionist I think. Chisora seems to have managed to pull off a reputation as a heavyweight these days with many, which I dont agree with. But back when he faced Fury he wasnt seen as much more above domestic level. He was only a very small favourite to beat Fury in that fight. Fury beating a poorly conditioned Chisora back when he did would not neccessarily have been a catalyst to step up to anything above domestic level.

manos de piedra

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Tue 24 Jul 2012, 2:27 pm

Manos speaking the most sense as usual.

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by smashingstormcrow Tue 24 Jul 2012, 2:43 pm

Quite. Beating the British no. 3 is hardly an instant ticket to the big time.

smashingstormcrow

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Tue 24 Jul 2012, 3:12 pm

Soldier_Of_Fortune wrote:
azania wrote:

Is Tyson Fury even unbeaten after McDermott I?

I had Fat Mac ahead by a round. It wasn't a robbery to the extent that Page got robbed. When the winning boxer says he got lucky, you know the score.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Tue 24 Jul 2012, 3:14 pm

manos de piedra wrote:The Fury/Chisora fight is slightly revisionist I think. Chisora seems to have managed to pull off a reputation as a heavyweight these days with many, which I dont agree with. But back when he faced Fury he wasnt seen as much more above domestic level. He was only a very small favourite to beat Fury in that fight. Fury beating a poorly conditioned Chisora back when he did would not neccessarily have been a catalyst to step up to anything above domestic level.

I dont think its revisionist. Wasn't Chisora scheduled to fight Wlad? The fact that he has acquitted himself well at the higher end of the HW division says a lot about him. He is good in today's HW division.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by manos de piedra Tue 24 Jul 2012, 3:59 pm

azania wrote:
manos de piedra wrote:The Fury/Chisora fight is slightly revisionist I think. Chisora seems to have managed to pull off a reputation as a heavyweight these days with many, which I dont agree with. But back when he faced Fury he wasnt seen as much more above domestic level. He was only a very small favourite to beat Fury in that fight. Fury beating a poorly conditioned Chisora back when he did would not neccessarily have been a catalyst to step up to anything above domestic level.

I dont think its revisionist. Wasn't Chisora scheduled to fight Wlad? The fact that he has acquitted himself well at the higher end of the HW division says a lot about him. He is good in today's HW division.

Well I would have to disagree with that. He had been scheduled to face, but it was considered a mismatch and not really reflective of anything Chisora had acheived as much of a certain lack of options and possibily an opportunity for Wlad to get some UK audience with a view to a potential Haye showdown in the future. Mormeck fought Wlad recently enough. I dont think it said much about his reputation or credentials.

I dont personally rate Chisora highly. I think hes predictable, lacks power and smothers his own work. "World class" is a subjective term in boxing but I do not rate Chisora in the top ten and I dont think anything in what I have seen in his ability or record warrants that. Hes capable of giving many top ten heavyweights a competitve fight I think but I dont think he is one himself. I think Haye basically outclassed him. Vitali beat him convincingly and Chisora performance was weighted heavily against the backdrop of being a 10/1 underdog and performing better than expected rather than nearly winning the fight or anything. I thought he beat Hellenius, but I think Hellenius was suffering from a bad injury and was coerced into fighting. Make of the Fury defeat what you will, but I tend to think even a 245lb Chisora would probably lose to Fury in a close-ish fight were they to rematch.

My point with the revisionist outlook is that it seems popular represent Fury as knowingly stepping up to face a Chisora who had a world class reputation. Actually, at the time they fought I dont think Chisora had much of a reputation beyond being one of the top domestic heavyweights. I dont even think he was considered to have a great deal of potential or was being tipped to make any real impact at world level. I think the fight was viewed as a domestic fight between two domestic heavyweights. I would argue that Price now carries a greater reputation as a dangerous fighter and one with alot more potential than Chisora did. I mention this because its often argued that Fury taking on Chisora is proof that he would not have ducked Price. Actually, I think Price was and is viewed as a bigger threat than Chisora was as things stand at the moment.

When Fury beat Chisora, I dont think it was viewed as a win that would put him on the world map neccessarily. It was just a win that made him viewed as the best domestic fighter although Chisoras conditioning made even this claim disputed in some corners especially after Chisoras later performance against Hellenius.

manos de piedra

Back to top Go down

Post by hogey Tue 24 Jul 2012, 6:47 pm

Yes but that Belfast cabbie was an undefeated fighter who was at his best and 5 years younger, the washed up version that turned up for a few quid against Fury was 41 and had been retired since 2010 hardly the same thing.

hogey

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Tue 24 Jul 2012, 7:06 pm

hogey wrote:

Yes but that Belfast cabbie was an undefeated fighter who was at his best and 5 years younger, the washed up version that turned up for a few quid against Fury was 41 and had been retired since 2010 hardly the same thing.

And Audley was 5 years younger also. Moreover I presume you will therefore acknowledge that the Fat Mac Fury beat was more ambitious than the version sparked by Price.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Tue 24 Jul 2012, 7:17 pm

manos de piedra wrote:
azania wrote:

Well I would have to disagree with that. He had been scheduled to face, but it was considered a mismatch and not really reflective of anything Chisora had acheived as much of a certain lack of options and possibily an opportunity for Wlad to get some UK audience with a view to a potential Haye showdown in the future. Mormeck fought Wlad recently enough. I dont think it said much about his reputation or credentials.

I dont personally rate Chisora highly. I think hes predictable, lacks power and smothers his own work. "World class" is a subjective term in boxing but I do not rate Chisora in the top ten and I dont think anything in what I have seen in his ability or record warrants that. Hes capable of giving many top ten heavyweights a competitve fight I think but I dont think he is one himself. I think Haye basically outclassed him. Vitali beat him convincingly and Chisora performance was weighted heavily against the backdrop of being a 10/1 underdog and performing better than expected rather than nearly winning the fight or anything. I thought he beat Hellenius, but I think Hellenius was suffering from a bad injury and was coerced into fighting. Make of the Fury defeat what you will, but I tend to think even a 245lb Chisora would probably lose to Fury in a close-ish fight were they to rematch.

My point with the revisionist outlook is that it seems popular represent Fury as knowingly stepping up to face a Chisora who had a world class reputation. Actually, at the time they fought I dont think Chisora had much of a reputation beyond being one of the top domestic heavyweights. I dont even think he was considered to have a great deal of potential or was being tipped to make any real impact at world level. I think the fight was viewed as a domestic fight between two domestic heavyweights. I would argue that Price now carries a greater reputation as a dangerous fighter and one with alot more potential than Chisora did. I mention this because its often argued that Fury taking on Chisora is proof that he would not have ducked Price. Actually, I think Price was and is viewed as a bigger threat than Chisora was as things stand at the moment.

When Fury beat Chisora, I dont think it was viewed as a win that would put him on the world map neccessarily. It was just a win that made him viewed as the best domestic fighter although Chisoras conditioning made even this claim disputed in some corners especially after Chisoras later performance against Hellenius.

Rightly or wrongly Chisora got his rep for beating an old and pracically retired Williams. He was viewed as a decent prospect after he beat Sexton (shows the dearth of talent in the HW division). That he was selected to fight Wlad is an additional indictment. But regardless, here was a near challenger fighting a rank novice with a rep based on his name only. The fact that Fury signed to fight him was a crossroads fight (at the time) showed balls. What he has done post Fury shows he (as you say) give any HW a good argument as he always acquits himself well. I thought Fury would lose even in the shape Derek came in at.

I personally do not think Price/Fury ducked one another. Just a case of TV getting in the way. But it wont let conspiracy theorists belting out carp to back their favourite fighter.

Personally I do not rate Price that highly. More a poor man's K2 imo. But he is being groomed for big things and matched accordingly. He will come unstuck as soon as he fights someone with ambition who goes near his chin.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by manos de piedra Tue 24 Jul 2012, 7:18 pm

azania wrote:
hogey wrote:

And Audley was 5 years younger also. Moreover I presume you will therefore acknowledge that the Fat Mac Fury beat was more ambitious than the version sparked by Price.

I think everyone is happy to acknowledge that the Fat Mac Fury faced was in better shape and possibly more ambitious but the bigger point is that many, if not most actually felt Fury lost the first time round. Regardless of what version Price beat it doesnt change that for Fury. I think it its time to let that fight go in any event as Fury has improved from then and is in better condition himself.

Also, I think the Fat Mac that Price faced did what he always does. He came out swinging but was just put away pretty clinically and couldnt handle the power. Its not like he just sat in the corner and covered up. He definately had a go. His conditioning was alot worse but the fight was over so fast it barely registered. McDermotts always been fat so regardless of the level of his obesity its hard to imagine a Price fight ending anything other than an early KO.

manos de piedra

Back to top Go down

Post by manos de piedra Tue 24 Jul 2012, 7:30 pm

azania wrote:
manos de piedra wrote:
azania wrote:

Rightly or wrongly Chisora got his rep for beating an old and pracically retired Williams. He was viewed as a decent prospect after he beat Sexton (shows the dearth of talent in the HW division). That he was selected to fight Wlad is an additional indictment. But regardless, here was a near challenger fighting a rank novice with a rep based on his name only. The fact that Fury signed to fight him was a crossroads fight (at the time) showed balls. What he has done post Fury shows he (as you say) give any HW a good argument as he always acquits himself well. I thought Fury would lose even in the shape Derek came in at.

I personally do not think Price/Fury ducked one another. Just a case of TV getting in the way. But it wont let conspiracy theorists belting out carp to back their favourite fighter.

Personally I do not rate Price that highly. More a poor man's K2 imo. But he is being groomed for big things and matched accordingly. He will come unstuck as soon as he fights someone with ambition who goes near his chin.

Chisora definately recieved far less "hype" than Price has at the same stage of their careers. From my following of boxing when Chisora was domestic champ he was not viewed as anything more than a good domestic heavyweight. It was a real surprise when he was scheduled to face Wlad and the fight was generally criticised as a pointless mismatch.

Price on the other hand is already being talked about being a future heavyweight champion in a manner Chisora never was or has been. There is much more excitement around him regarding his potential. I think hes a much bigger threat and has much mor epotential than Chisora who is average (which he has been plugging along as). Price could be a top heavyweight. He has real power, hes huge physical attributes and hes hardly put a foot wrong so far. Chisora just never had the same buzz and as a relatively featherfisted heavyweight as they go these days I dont think he ever had the same threat level.

In essence, because Fury faced Chisora for the domestic titles does not neccessarily count as proof he wanted Price.

But overall I agree that there is probably too much being made of the opposition at the moment and the nitpicking in the records is practically futile at this stage in their career when they have yet to fully step up. Fury has the better record to date, Price I think has had the better performances and looked more impressive.

manos de piedra

Back to top Go down

Post by hogey Tue 24 Jul 2012, 7:30 pm

azania wrote:
hogey wrote:

Yes mate, but any version that ever existed of Big John would be KOed inside of 2 rounds by Price he just hits too hard for McDermott who loves a tear up, yet he clearly beat Fury clearly and everyone knows it.

hogey

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Tue 24 Jul 2012, 7:56 pm

hogey wrote:
azania wrote:
hogey wrote:

Yes mate, but any version that ever existed of Big John would be KOed inside of 2 rounds by Price he just hits too hard for McDermott who loves a tear up, yet he clearly beat Fury clearly and everyone knows it.

Speculation. Price looks awesome.....fighting breathing punchbags.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by hogey Tue 24 Jul 2012, 8:08 pm

azania wrote:
hogey wrote:
azania wrote:
hogey wrote:

Your are right mate he does, which is pretty much like every 13 fight novice heavyweight prospect in the world, and hopefully soon we can add the name of Fury to that list of punchbags because he wont last any longer than McDermott or Dallas did either.

hogey

Back to top Go down

Post by manos de piedra Tue 24 Jul 2012, 8:12 pm

azania wrote:
hogey wrote:
azania wrote:
hogey wrote:

Its these kind of comments that drag the argument back round in circles and provoke you to believe there is selective memory going on. Price has looked awesome against similar level punchbags to Fury. Fury has laboured and been on the floor against some of these punchbags. Its you who are trying to make out that Furys level of competition has been the differance. But it isnt. Theres no real excuse for losing to McDermott if your a half decent heavyweight.

manos de piedra

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Tue 24 Jul 2012, 8:15 pm

Fury is more of a works in progress than Price. Price had a better amateur career and beat Fury in the amateurs I believe. But Fury to me has the greater talent and will be a better fighter in the long run.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by spencerclarke Tue 24 Jul 2012, 8:18 pm

The fight will be a bit of car crash tv I think. Will end up watching it.

spencerclarke

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Tue 24 Jul 2012, 8:20 pm

I'll watch it. The build up will be interesting with Audley trying his best to be humble. But one left hand will end it.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next