The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Last Film Watched Thread .................continued again

+83
liverbnz
Crimey
Pete330v2
L123
Rafa's biceps
incontinentia
skyeman
bluestonevedder
shivfan
Paul Mac 6CW
trottb
Breadvan
Galted
Mat
The_Enigma
XR
Luke
Cass1234
Derbymanc
Soldier_Of_Fortune
Dolphin Ziggler
socal1976
The Fourth Lion
Scrumpy
Duty281
alfie
Steffan
jbeadlesbigrighthand
guildfordbat
Thomond
6cw Hobo
Hulking_up
bhb001
SirJohnnyEnglish
Strongback
Sir. badgerhands
kingraf
The Beast
Hoggy_Bear
DP
JDizzle
LivinginItaly
Y I Man
The Best in the World
MIG
ONETWOFOREVER
TopHat24/7
Il Gialloblu
Nakatomi Plaza
seanmichaels
david lee
RinoGattuso
theundisputedY2D2
ChequeredJersey
Hero
TRUSSMAN66
Rowley
superflyweight
rawa86
Mr Bounce
compelling and rich
Mind the windows Tino.
Shot 21 LCFC
ShahenshahG
rIck_dAgless
hampo17
Lumbering_Jack
Mike Selig
goldwolf
SharkSoul
The Saint
jimmyinthewell68
Ent
westisbest
Mad for Chelsea
Adam D
Dr Gregory House MD
Cyril
hornbloweroafc
Bull
kingjohn7
Stella
Kenny
87 posters

Page 1 of 20 1, 2, 3 ... 10 ... 20  Next

Go down

The Last Film Watched Thread .................continued again Empty The Last Film Watched Thread .................continued again

Post by Kenny Wed 18 Sep 2013, 1:53 pm

The old thread is now well over the 1000 posts so please continue the discussion here
Kenny
Kenny

Back to top Go down

The Last Film Watched Thread .................continued again Empty Re: The Last Film Watched Thread .................continued again

Post by Guest Wed 18 Sep 2013, 2:08 pm

Azzy Mahmood Today at 1:36 pm

.I hope you don't let her drive..
Only after she's had a drink

Back to top Go down

The Last Film Watched Thread .................continued again Empty Re: The Last Film Watched Thread .................continued again

Post by Guest Wed 18 Sep 2013, 2:19 pm

I find it helps you concentrate more.

I am planning to watch Star Trek Into Darkness on Friday night, despite my dislike of Benedict Cumberboolacks. Would rather go and see Rush though, from these reviews!

Back to top Go down

Post by Stella Wed 18 Sep 2013, 3:35 pm

Star Trek is great, Azzy. Better than the first.............just!
Stella
Stella

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 18 Sep 2013, 4:00 pm

Azzy Mahmood wrote:I find it helps you concentrate more.
I am planning to watch Star Trek Into Darkness on Friday night, despite my dislike of Benedict Cumberboolacks. Would rather go and see Rush though, from these reviews!
Top Gear (not the most reliable of study groups I grant you) did an experiment where two groups of people were asked to drive a car late at night/early in the moring. One group had been given alcohol and the others had been deprived of sleep for an extended period. They discovered that the group who had been srinking, whilst talking a massive amount of *ll*cks throughout, were actually safer on the road than those who were exhausted.

I believe drink-driing as an offence was due to be overturned but then Clarkson turned up at Downing Street with that odious little **** Hammond in tow to petition the Govt and at that point, they brought back hanging

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Wed 18 Sep 2013, 7:58 pm

DAVE667 wrote:
Azzy Mahmood wrote:I find it helps you concentrate more.
Top Gear (not the most reliable of study groups I grant you) did an experiment where two groups of people were asked to drive a car late at night/early in the moring. One group had been given alcohol and the others had been deprived of sleep for an extended period. They discovered that the group who had been srinking, whilst talking a massive amount of *ll*cks throughout, were actually safer on the road than those who were exhausted.

I believe drink-driing as an offence was due to be overturned but then Clarkson turned up at Downing Street with that odious little **** Hammond in tow to petition the Govt and at that point, they brought back hanging

Quite a few years back I conducted my own extensive series of experiments with Kronenbourg 1664 and Toca Touring Cars 2 on the pc.  I'd perform at optimum level during the second beer but after that it fell apart quite spectacularly.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by kingjohn7 Thu 19 Sep 2013, 9:05 am

Watched Rush last night. Thought it was fantastic. Im not into F1 at all but it doesnt matter, it looks beautiful, the acting is great and its quite funny at times. Definitely worth a cinema visit.

kingjohn7

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 19 Sep 2013, 10:42 am

kingjohn7 wrote:Watched Rush last night. Thought it was fantastic. Im not into F1 at all but it doesnt matter, it looks beautiful, the acting is great and its quite funny at times. Definitely worth a cinema visit.
Lovely but what does it have to do with drink driving? I hope you're not suggesting anything about Nikkii Lauder....

Back to top Go down

Post by kingjohn7 Thu 19 Sep 2013, 12:36 pm

Dont worry theres some drink driving at the start of the film.

kingjohn7

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenny Thu 19 Sep 2013, 4:56 pm

watched Raging Bull again lastnight , it's a very good film and a very good performance from DeNiro
Kenny
Kenny

Back to top Go down

Post by Bull Sat 21 Sep 2013, 12:44 am

Pineapple Express - 5/10 - Meh tbh.

Bull

Back to top Go down

Post by hornbloweroafc Sat 21 Sep 2013, 7:39 am

xmen the last stand. Could have been so much better! 6/10
hornbloweroafc
hornbloweroafc

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 21 Sep 2013, 11:54 am

Star Trek Into Darkness - what a major disappointment. I think the hype ruined it for me. The plot was very, very weak, and although the dialogue between characters (ie the small talk) was fantastic, the overall writing was terrible. I thought Cumberbatch was awful, he's no villain, can't convince me of being some super-human hard man in a month of Sundays. Chris Pine was poor, Quinto was brilliant, Run Fat Boy Run fella was awful too. And I hated the storyline, flipping a story already done on its head. Madness, and utter laziness.

Fully hoping that the third film, with a new team making it, will bring back the tension and excitement of the first film.

They also did the Star Wars thing, bringing in stupid aliens and stupid technology. Utterly cringeworthy.

6/10, thanks to Quinto's performance and the appearance of an old friend.

Back to top Go down

Post by Cyril Sat 21 Sep 2013, 3:57 pm

The Escapist (2008)

The Brian Cox one about a prison break.

Enjoyed it quite a lot.

Cyril

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr Gregory House MD Sat 21 Sep 2013, 11:27 pm

I watch Star Trek: ITD the other night as well actually, I quite enjoyed it, the guy who plays Bones is superb.

Dr Gregory House MD

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 21 Sep 2013, 11:32 pm

Watched Silver Lining Playbook or whatever it's called. Majorly disappointing really for an Oscar nominated film but I've been there before with these so-called great Oscar nominated films and there actually awful. Hurt Locker springs to mind.

Only thing worthy in SLP & what got me through it was the sight of Jennifer Lawrence's ass.

6/10.

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D Sun 22 Sep 2013, 11:33 am

Dr Gregory House MD wrote:I watch Star Trek: ITD the other night as well actually, I quite enjoyed it, the guy who plays Bones is superb.
Absolutely agree - Karl urban is brilliant as bones. Even though its a smaller role this time, he still shines.

Adam D
Founder
Founder

http://www.v2journal.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Sun 22 Sep 2013, 2:00 pm

John wrote:Watched Silver Lining Playbook or whatever it's called. Majorly disappointing really for an Oscar nominated film but I've been there before with these so-called great Oscar nominated films and there actually awful. Hurt Locker springs to mind.

Only thing worthy in SLP & what got me through it was the sight of Jennifer Lawrence's ass.

6/10.

It was a load of b0ll0cks - yet another lame romcom with a pretentious name to give it some gravitas.  Agree about Jennifer Lawrence's ass, though her face isn't too bad either - 2 hours spent watching her doing the gardening or washing the car would've been time better spent.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by Stella Mon 23 Sep 2013, 9:39 am

I watched it at the weekend, and agree that it was just like your normal old romcom. Don't know what Hollywood have to have a romance in nearly all their films.
Stella
Stella

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 23 Sep 2013, 9:42 am

Adam D wrote:
Dr Gregory House MD wrote:I watch Star Trek: ITD the other night as well actually, I quite enjoyed it, the guy who plays Bones is superb.
Absolutely agree - Karl urban is brilliant as bones. Even though its a smaller role this time, he still shines.
Agreed. Karl Urban is fantastic in everything he does. Even Doom Shocked 

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 23 Sep 2013, 12:51 pm

World War Z - got slated in the press although it seems that whoever reviewed it didn't actually watch it as comments referring to scenes where Peter Capaldi is all alone in a building are clearly b*ll*cks, but I enjoyed it. Haven't read the book but am aware of the premise. I'm sure those who give a flying whassname for films staying relatively true to the book will be outraged. However, for those who want to watch a load of crazed zombies terrorising the planet (not just a shopping centre), it's an enjoyable romp.

Back to top Go down

Post by Mad for Chelsea Tue 24 Sep 2013, 11:35 am

Watched a couple recently.

Now you see me.
Film about a group of four magicians who defy the FBI through a series of improbable acts. Great fun, really enjoyed it. The acting is good, the story has enough twists and turns to keep it interesting, and it's generally very well made. There's probably a moral debate in there as well for those interested (mostly presented by the French Interpol detective), but it doesn't take itself too seriously. An excellent watch - 8.5/10

Absolute Deception. Found this hard to enjoy due to the sheer stupidity of most of the film and the characters, and it lacked enough light-hearted laughing moments to make it entertaining. Gave a longer review on the "Films that insult our intelligence" thread. 3/10

Mad for Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by westisbest Tue 24 Sep 2013, 11:47 am

Olymous Has Fallen.

Was ok, nothing special.

westisbest

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenny Tue 24 Sep 2013, 1:48 pm

watched the new version of Conan the Barbarian on sunday .............awful !
Kenny
Kenny

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 24 Sep 2013, 2:40 pm

I recorded it because it has Jason Momoa in it. I had heard it was awful, but if there's a night where the wife is asleep I can whack that on and 'watch' it while playing FM on the laptop Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenny Tue 24 Sep 2013, 3:15 pm

Azzy Mahmood wrote:I recorded it because it has Jason Momoa in it. I had heard it was awful, but if there's a night where the wife is asleep I can whack that on and 'watch' it while playing FM on the laptop Smile
That was the only reason i watched it Azzy , but he ain't no Arnie .

Out interest and i not being a stalker or anything but do you have kids ? I only ask as i was watching Nick Jnr with my daughter and an advert for a new series of Ben and Holly's Little Kingdom came on and they have done it as a straight copy of Game of Thrones Smile 

this will make no sense to you at all if you haven't seen it before Laugh  but it made me laugh as i wasn't really paying attention but then heard the GoT music looked up to see Ben and Holly Laugh 
Kenny
Kenny

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 24 Sep 2013, 3:33 pm

Haha I'll have to check that out, my lad prefers Peppa Pig tbh, but Ben & Holly does get the odd few episodes on the box. Cheers Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 24 Sep 2013, 3:35 pm

Okay I just Youtubed it, that is pure genius Laugh

Back to top Go down

Post by Stella Tue 24 Sep 2013, 3:38 pm

Took the kids to Peppa Pig world at the weekend. They loved it..............so did I Smile 
Stella
Stella

Back to top Go down

Post by Ent Wed 25 Sep 2013, 5:59 am

Wwe's the call, aside from the end quite decent as they have a proper actress and limited wrestler David cowabunga out a to 3 lines.

Ent

Back to top Go down

Post by jimmyinthewell68 Wed 25 Sep 2013, 2:02 pm

Karl urban did a good job as judge dread too . he was also in R.E.D . played a good part in lord of the rings. the twin towers too .

jimmyinthewell68

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 25 Sep 2013, 2:20 pm

Not to mention Chronicles of Riddick + Bourne, both of which he was good in (albeit not in either for too much time).

Back to top Go down

Post by jimmyinthewell68 Wed 25 Sep 2013, 3:18 pm

Azzy Mahmood wrote:Not to mention Chronicles of Riddick + Bourne, both of which he was good in (albeit not in either for too much time).
  yes he did ,another good part . i would have done that for free having the ridiculously:kiss:  gorgeous Thandie Newton play my wife .

jimmyinthewell68

Back to top Go down

Post by The Saint Thu 26 Sep 2013, 12:24 am

I just watched Rush. I know nothing about and have little interest in formula 1, however I really enjoyed this film. Another good performance from Hemsworth, everything he did reminded me of Heath Ledger a lot, particulary with his voice and commanding presence. That's one of the greatest compliments he will ever be afforded.

Hunt's rival, Lauda, was played by Daniel Bruhl. While I think it was a decent performance his voice sometimes sounded like someone was stepping on his throat. Just before the credits they showed pictures of the real Hunt and Lauda, which was fascinating.

The Saint

Back to top Go down

Post by The Saint Thu 26 Sep 2013, 12:30 am

Azzy Mahmood wrote:
Adam D wrote:
Agreed. Karl Urban is fantastic in everything he does. Even Doom Shocked 
I agree. He is pretty under-rated. Probably because the films he's been the lead role in have been awful films. You're all correct in saying he has the Bones character spot on. He is probably the only one that is the most identical to the original Bones. Though I quite like Spock too, Zachary Quinto isn't it? Chris Pine's Kirk fluctuates from strong to weak IMO. Thoguh I don't think there could have been a better choice for Kirk. I really enojyed Star Trek and Into Darkness BTW.

The Saint

Back to top Go down

Post by The Saint Thu 26 Sep 2013, 12:37 am

Azzy Mahmood wrote:Star Trek Into Darkness - what a major disappointment. I think the hype ruined it for me. The plot was very, very weak, and although the dialogue between characters (ie the small talk) was fantastic, the overall writing was terrible. I thought Cumberbatch was awful, he's no villain, can't convince me of being some super-human hard man in a month of Sundays. Chris Pine was poor, Quinto was brilliant, Run Fat Boy Run fella was awful too. And I hated the storyline, flipping a story already done on its head. Madness, and utter laziness.

Fully hoping that the third film, with a new team making it, will bring back the tension and excitement of the first film.

They also did the Star Wars thing, bringing in stupid aliens and stupid technology. Utterly cringeworthy.

6/10, thanks to Quinto's performance and the appearance of an old friend.
It was overhyped, and the plot was fairly simple which I was surprised at. I never watched "Wrath of Kahn" the whole way through, so knew nothing about Kahn. I think he was a powerful foe, and portrayed well enough by Cumberbatch. I also think Pegg (The run fatboy run fella) is decent as Scotty, but it's probably the only film he is decent and slightly amusing in. Despite it's simplicity I enjoyed the film and it took a few unexpected twists for me. I hope they make 6 like they did with the original franchise. I think it's possible you didn't enjoy this one because the first one was so good, I don't think that one could ever be surpassed. Good to see an 'old friend' whom I hope stays put for future sequels.

Is someone else other than Abrahams making the third instalment?

The Saint

Back to top Go down

Post by SharkSoul Thu 26 Sep 2013, 9:37 am

'Disconnect'.

Really enjoyed this film. It highlights our dependancy on technology, our relationships created within it and the potential fall out from it.

Like a 'Technological' Crash, 21 Grams, Babel if you will. Interwoven characters and story arcs with a great cast and the soundtrack is amazing.

SharkSoul

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenny Thu 26 Sep 2013, 3:29 pm

Up 'n' Under

i love this film it makes me laugh and it has a nude Samantha Janis/Womack in it Very Happy 
Kenny
Kenny

Back to top Go down

Post by goldwolf Fri 27 Sep 2013, 1:03 pm

Watched Sleepers again last night, what a film, some great acting.

goldwolf

Back to top Go down

Post by westisbest Fri 27 Sep 2013, 1:32 pm

Great film.

Shame about Brad Renfro, could have gone on to be a quality actor.

westisbest

Back to top Go down

Post by Mike Selig Fri 27 Sep 2013, 10:02 pm

Bloody Sunday. As we now know Paul Greengrass's vision of what happened that day is much closer to the truth than anyone could be comfortable with. Whether that makes the film more poignant or simply indigestible I guess depends on how solid your stomach is (the shaky cam effect doesn't exactly help...) - certainly I found it tough going. Undoubtedly very well made though.

Mike Selig

Back to top Go down

Post by westisbest Sat 28 Sep 2013, 5:52 pm

God, how good is the Magnificent 7 theme tune.

Awesome.

westisbest

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 28 Sep 2013, 6:01 pm

The Five Year Engagement - omg what a shocking film, easily in my top 10 worst ever, probably top 5. It felt like it took 5 years off my life. Literally no redeeming features. Emily Blunt was so bad this film doesn't even get a point for her being in it. For £3, I was ripped off.

0/10

Back to top Go down

Post by Bull Sat 28 Sep 2013, 6:13 pm

Azzy Mahmood wrote:The Five Year Engagement - omg what a shocking film, easily in my top 10 worst ever, probably top 5. It felt like it took 5 years off my life. Literally no redeeming features. Emily Blunt was so bad this film doesn't even get a point for her being in it. For £3, I was ripped off.

0/10
Do you like anything?

Bull

Back to top Go down

Post by westisbest Sat 28 Sep 2013, 6:57 pm

I can tell you tonight he never minds like, but LOVES west brom.

Also why be negative, dont have to like every film you watch.

Strange.

westisbest

Back to top Go down

Post by Bull Sat 28 Sep 2013, 6:59 pm

Not being negative. I'm usually the guy on here who is known as "I hate that and this." Laugh 

Bull

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D Sat 28 Sep 2013, 7:58 pm

He also loves the band Scooter.

Adam D
Founder
Founder

http://www.v2journal.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 29 Sep 2013, 8:53 am

for some reason i decided to watch Fast and Furious tokyo drift last night...good film, but i dont know why i suddenly decided to watch it..

Back to top Go down

Post by Stella Sun 29 Sep 2013, 7:59 pm

Flight

Started watching it but got bored about 10 mins after the crash. is it worth carrying on?
Stella
Stella

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 29 Sep 2013, 8:00 pm

Bull's just jealous because his beloved United got trounced by poor rubbish Albion Laugh

Scooter The Last Film Watched Thread .................continued again 3559488474

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 20 1, 2, 3 ... 10 ... 20  Next