The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Nick Easter : France won't stop England Grand Slam

+26
Peter Seabiscuit Wheeler
yappysnap
The Saint
bedfordwelsh
fa0019
whocares
SecretFly
gregortree
munkian
Scrumpy
quinsforever
beshocked
Barney McGrew did it
GunsGerms
BamBam
rodders
Cyril
ChequeredJersey
Nachos Jones
Geordie
No 7&1/2
majesticimperialman
sad_gimp
Biltong
Scratch
GloriousEmpire
30 posters

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Go down

Nick Easter : France won't stop England Grand Slam - Page 4 Empty Nick Easter : France won't stop England Grand Slam

Post by GloriousEmpire Fri 17 Jan 2014, 12:22 am

First topic message reminder :

As far as confidence goes, Nick Easter has it.

There will be no Lions hang over for England he predicts, who will defy history by taking the six nations. France are in turmoil and in decline so he says today.

Bold prediction, writing off the French. Is he speaking the truth? Or smarting from England's 2011 exit at the hands of the same foes?

http://nzh.tw/11187689

"That is not going to happen, the state [French] rugby is in. With the players they have got...what was it last year, two wins?"

He goes on to predict not just an England win but an England grand slam.

"That game at Twickenham is potentially the decider. I think it's England's time - it's been a long time since they won a slam,"

He clearly believes that only France are capable of stopping England however unlikely - interesting stuff.

Last edited by GloriousEmpire on Fri 17 Jan 2014, 12:31 am; edited 4 times in total

GloriousEmpire

Back to top Go down

Nick Easter : France won't stop England Grand Slam - Page 4 Empty Re: Nick Easter : France won't stop England Grand Slam

Post by Peter Seabiscuit Wheeler Sat 18 Jan 2014, 1:45 pm

The Saint wrote:
yappysnap wrote:I think a lot of people need to realise that the press do not speak for the average England fan.

I'm sure it's much the same in other countries.

I realise that. Also, what a lot of people don't realise is that the press do not speak for the average Wales fan.

Only because they can't read.

( sorry couldnt resist I'm currently in Wales and feeling like Brian Moore at a sheperds convention)

As for England and the 6 nations it has become a bit of a monkey on their backs now. We saw the same for Ireland a few years back when for the bet part of a decade they were threatening to do what they managed once .. and still despite being one of the big 4 aren't winning titles let alone slams.

England must be one of the favourites this year but anyone with a bombastic belief that they are going to walk it in they beat France obviously hasn't followed this competition much. Yes it probably is on paper the toughest fixture for them but even going back to the era when they used to be the absolute power in euro rugby they've had a habit of coming unstuck in games they were expected to win even after coming through tough games.

The 6 nations remains a tight contest. Ok Scotland haven't threatened the top in a long time but every year there's 4 teams who " own their day can beat anyone" and the other two capable of getting odd wins here and there to spice things up.

The press may be full of big headlines and ridiculous statements an ex players taking a few quid to pay their tax bills then finding their names associated with inflamtory remarks but most if us know predicting the 6 nations is a mugs game.

France to win. Whistle 

Peter Seabiscuit Wheeler

Back to top Go down

Nick Easter : France won't stop England Grand Slam - Page 4 Empty Re: Nick Easter : France won't stop England Grand Slam

Post by yappysnap Sat 18 Jan 2014, 3:40 pm

The Saint wrote:
yappysnap wrote:I think a lot of people need to realise that the press do not speak for the average England fan.

I realise that. Also, what a lot of people don't realise is that the press do not speak for the average Wales fan.

Then why be so anxious about what's written in the press?

I'm not fussed about Welsh press, never read it, probably never will. Not fussed about any other nationalities fans expectations either for their teams, that's their prerogative.

yappysnap

Back to top Go down

Post by Cyril Sat 18 Jan 2014, 3:47 pm

I think it's also important to realise that Gloria doesn't speak for the average NZ fan.

Cyril

Back to top Go down

Post by Biltong Sat 18 Jan 2014, 3:53 pm

Cyril, PM for you.
Biltong
Biltong

Back to top Go down

Post by Scratch Sat 18 Jan 2014, 5:58 pm

The Saint wrote:
Scratch wrote:
The Saint wrote:Scratch it does make me laugh how you act like 'the don' of this board. Just goes to show you're full of sh*t in real life to be honest Laugh. Don't really care much for yours or ghostie's comments either.

Does it? How so? If you are suggesting you can glean what i am like in real life from my posting on an internet forum then you are cleverer than your posts suggest. I think that is probably not the case though, but if so then i can tell from your constant whining and bleating about how hard it is to be a welsh fan and how much everyone has a go at us that you are inferior and undeserving of being a Taff. poor lad.

I am the contrary, loud and proud Welshman. Call me Don Taff, I like that. No wonder you call yourself Saint, you'd have to be to live with that galactic chip on your shoulder

But then, the Saint always was the poor man's James Bond.

Zzzzz here we go the chip on shoulders retort zzzzzz  Broken Record  Broken Record  Broken Record  Like I said I don't care much for your comments and never have. They just make me chuckle that's all, with you trying to come across as something you're not. I don't really have much else to say on that matter! Very Happy

This is not a game of who the f&*K am I .

I still don't understand how you can assert that I am trying to come across as something I am not if you don't know me, have never met me and have no f%^king clue who I am but then i don't think logic is part of your cognitive process is it.

But do please explain who I am, as if I am not who i think i am and you know who i am and that means I am someone else then i need to know who am I?

Please stop  Broken Record  about the chip on the shoulder retort, its complete hypocrisy as there has never been a better example of a broken record than your interminable bleating about your welsh inferiority chip, you really should start a blog about it as your posts invariably moan about being treated badly for being welsh, causing great shame to real proud welshes like me, just accept who you are, a whiner.

Scratch

Back to top Go down

Post by Scratch Sat 18 Jan 2014, 6:00 pm

Cyril wrote:I think it's also important to realise that Gloria doesn't speak for the average NZ fan.

Cyril, you ^&*()  picard 

Scratch

Back to top Go down

Post by Biltong Sat 18 Jan 2014, 6:01 pm

Could we please desist with these personal issues on the open forum, if you guys need to get to know each other better use you Private Messaging facility.
Biltong
Biltong

Back to top Go down

Post by Scratch Sat 18 Jan 2014, 6:01 pm

Biltong wrote:Could we please desist with these personal issues on the open forum, if you guys need to get to know each other better use you Private Messaging facility.

Noted Biltong wilco

Scratch

Back to top Go down

Post by Biltong Sat 18 Jan 2014, 6:05 pm

Thanks Scratch.
Biltong
Biltong

Back to top Go down

Post by The Saint Sat 18 Jan 2014, 6:11 pm

Biltong wrote:Cyril, PM for you.

Have Cyril and Glory been making fun of Scratch again?

The Saint

Back to top Go down

Post by Biltong Sat 18 Jan 2014, 6:21 pm

Sorry mate, need to know basis.  Whistle 
Biltong
Biltong

Back to top Go down

Post by Scratch Sat 18 Jan 2014, 6:27 pm

Somewhat confused Biltong, you ask people to PM each other which i agree to then indulge another one of Saint's childish posts and even stir it up a bit. Seems to be a double standard there doesn't it.

Scratch

Back to top Go down

Post by The Saint Sat 18 Jan 2014, 6:32 pm

Laugh Hug 

The Saint

Back to top Go down

Post by Jhamer25 Sat 18 Jan 2014, 6:32 pm

Haha who is overly sensitive now

Jhamer25

Back to top Go down

Post by Biltong Sat 18 Jan 2014, 6:34 pm

Scratch wrote:Somewhat confused Biltong, you ask people to PM each other which i agree to then indulge another one of Saint's childish posts and even stir it up a bit. Seems to be a double standard there doesn't it.
no need for confusion mate, I simply politely informed Saint he doesn't need to know.
Biltong
Biltong

Back to top Go down

Post by GloriousEmpire Sat 18 Jan 2014, 6:47 pm

I suspect it'd be more important for England to win the Wales game in the 6N than the France match given recent history and the 2015 draw. England won't want to hand any further psychological advantage to Wales, and England are unlikely to meet France at the World Cup. It might be that England try some selectorial variation against France and name their known strongest side against Wales. This is the kind of thing I was talking about in the other thread.

GloriousEmpire

Back to top Go down

Post by No 7&1/2 Sat 18 Jan 2014, 10:06 pm

Just to confirm we're allowed to make sly digs at England but not allowed to call people Gloria? Wilko  ghost 

No 7&1/2

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Sun 19 Jan 2014, 1:07 am

GloriousEmpire wrote:I suspect it'd be more important for England to win the Wales game in the 6N than the France match given recent history and the 2015 draw. England won't want to hand any further psychological advantage to Wales, and England are unlikely to meet France at the World Cup. It might be that England try some selectorial variation against France and name their known strongest side against Wales. This is the kind of thing I was talking about in the other thread.

Can they afford to experiment with this so-called "selectorial variation" against France though?

I think not - it may well bite them in the bum if they try to be too clever. Surely they'll have to field their strongest team for that first match?
I bet they will stick to their "conservative selections" approach for both of those important games. There's too much at stake.

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by Scratch Sun 19 Jan 2014, 2:49 am

Jhamer25 wrote:Haha who is overly sensitive now

Not sensitive in the least just asking for clarification…no need for you to come across as such a c0ck all the time sis there?

Scratch

Back to top Go down

Post by Scratch Sun 19 Jan 2014, 2:50 am

The Saint wrote:Laugh Hug 

Tumbleweed 

being dull is not a virtue Saint much as you seem to think it is

Scratch

Back to top Go down

Post by WELL-PAST-IT Sun 19 Jan 2014, 12:39 pm

Except Australia, the people actually believe the diatribes published by their press.
WELL-PAST-IT
WELL-PAST-IT

Back to top Go down

Post by WELL-PAST-IT Sun 19 Jan 2014, 12:43 pm

Biltong wrote:Could we please desist with these personal issues on the open forum, if you guys need to get to know each other better use you Private Messaging facility.

I must need new glasses BT, just for a second, I thought that read "Private Massaging facility". That brought a few rather unpleasant images to mind.
WELL-PAST-IT
WELL-PAST-IT

Back to top Go down

Post by Biltong Sun 19 Jan 2014, 12:58 pm

WELL-PAST-IT wrote:

I must need new glasses BT, just for a second, I thought that read "Private Massaging facility". That brought a few rather unpleasant images to mind.

You must have had a bad experience then, eh? Wink
Biltong
Biltong

Back to top Go down

Post by Biltong Sun 19 Jan 2014, 1:04 pm

Gentlemen, there have been a number of petty comments and reports on this thread. If you cannot behave like mature posters I will lock this thread and ban each and everyone that have recieved a report on one of their posts.

Grow up.

Saint, Scratch, GE and Cyril, I am referring to you.
Biltong
Biltong

Back to top Go down

Post by kiakahaaotearoa Sun 19 Jan 2014, 6:15 pm

What is the situation with the injury front for both sides as is stands now.

Dusatoir is the latest injury casualty I read but would anyone be so kind as to list the respective injury counts of both sides? For example, not sure if Picamoles is back or when Tuilagi returns.

kiakahaaotearoa

Back to top Go down

Post by GloriousEmpire Sun 19 Jan 2014, 6:56 pm

Seemed to be a number of new injuries and potential bans over the weekend. Will be interesting to see the attrition rate in the finals prior the 6N

GloriousEmpire

Back to top Go down

Post by GunsGerms Sun 19 Jan 2014, 7:04 pm

Ian Evans will possibly be banned now for Wales for the 6N.

GunsGerms

Back to top Go down

Post by GunsGerms Sun 19 Jan 2014, 7:05 pm

He is a very good player so obviously a shame.

GunsGerms

Back to top Go down

Post by Jhamer25 Sun 19 Jan 2014, 7:09 pm

Its a shame he will get band but he is replacable. He doesn't deserve anything less than a long ban.
Lock is our greatest area of depth. Gives jake ball a chance to show himself at international level I hope.

Jhamer25

Back to top Go down

Post by GunsGerms Sun 19 Jan 2014, 7:15 pm

Its an odd one. Really cant understand what he was thinking because you aren't get away with a head stamp these days. He isn't normally a dirty player is he?

GunsGerms

Back to top Go down

Post by Jhamer25 Sun 19 Jan 2014, 7:25 pm

He is very fiesty and sometimes it goes to his head. He hasn't got the best disciplinary record
either way it was reckless and just ruined the game. He deserves nothing less than 8 weeks

Jhamer25

Back to top Go down

Post by Peter Seabiscuit Wheeler Sun 19 Jan 2014, 8:17 pm

Are you talking about scratch or greyghost?

Peter Seabiscuit Wheeler

Back to top Go down

Post by Jhamer25 Sun 19 Jan 2014, 9:08 pm

Peter Seabiscuit Wheeler wrote:Are you talking about scratch or greyghost?

Na Ian Evans, but there are a few on here that I would like to ban haha

Jhamer25

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4