The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Season 7 Homepage V

+9
prop_lyd
LukeLovesLuka
Ozzy3213
BamBam
Fluxy
CJB
dammit_chris
Sgt_Pooly
SirJohnnyEnglish
13 posters

Page 8 of 20 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 14 ... 20  Next

Go down

Season 7 Homepage V - Page 8 Empty Season 7 Homepage V

Post by SirJohnnyEnglish Mon Dec 08, 2014 11:09 am

First topic message reminder :

Season 7 Homepage V - Page 8 Aviva+Premiership+Logo
Breaking News: London Irish pull off the bottom of the table with win against inform Chiefs, Sale pick up bonus point win against league leaders while the gap between 4th and 5th widens following Quins win. 

Season 7 Homepage V - Page 8 Aviva-Premiership-Trophy-e1306508139154

2013/2014 – London Wasps
2012/2013 – Leicester Tigers 
2011/2012 – Newcastle Falcons 
2010/2011 - Newcastle Falcons 
2009/2010 – Saracens 
2008/2009 - London Irish

POSAviva PremiershipPLAYEDWONDREWLOSTP FP AP DT FT ATBPLBPPOINTS
1Season 7 Homepage V - Page 8 9Northampton Saints 1311023683214740306252
2Season 7 Homepage V - Page 8 12Sale Sharks *1310033623273540304346
3Season 7 Homepage V - Page 8 6London Wasps *      139133583372137333242
4Season 7 Homepage V - Page 8 7Harlequins *138233673274038302340
5Season 7 Homepage V - Page 8 4Leicester Tigers13607315323-826290731
6Season 7 Homepage V - Page 8 48Exeter Chiefs *  13544318324-627280431
7Season 7 Homepage V - Page 8 11Saracens 13517315334-1928300729
8Season 7 Homepage V - Page 8 1Bath Rugby *13517337340-333331728
9Season 7 Homepage V - Page 8 2Gloucester 13508333334-129300727
10Season 7 Homepage V - Page 8 8Newcastle Falcons *13319316348-3228332722
11Season 7 Homepage V - Page 8 5London Irish13229318348-3028351821
12Season 7 Homepage V - Page 8 50London Welsh133010303350-4726360618

Welcome to Season 7 of the Aviva Premiership fantasy rugby game.  Below are the rules of the game which must be adhered to.  If there are any situations that arise in the course of the game which are not covered by the rules, a final decision will be made by the RFU (SJE) as to how the situation will be resolved.

Senior Squads wrote:
The maximum squad size is 40 senior players.  If a team has more than 40 players in their squad then they will be fined £1 million per player over the permitted amounts per day for the first seven days. If after 7 consecutive days a team still has more than the permitted number of players then the team will be fined £2 million per player per day, and fined 1 league point per player per day for the next seven days. If after this time a team still has more than the permitted number of players in their squad, the RFU (SJE) will remove players at its discretion to bring them back under the permitted numbers. There will be no right of appeal to players being removed.

Be aware that all tier one international matches which are played during the season will count in the game, and players selected in the match day 23's for those matches will not be eligible to play for their clubs on that weekend, therefore you must give due consideration to the make-up of your squad.
Academy Rules wrote:
Each team will be allowed to have an academy squad of 20 players.  Players who are in the academy must be born on or after 1st September 1992. 

Any player, who is at any Premiership club in real life, either in their senior, academy or AASE squads, can be bid for on the domestic bidding page. Players who are at your own club in real life and are coming through the academy system must be bid for if you want them in your own academy.
Transfers wrote:

• Domestic (other AP Teams)
    Each team has a budget to use in the purchase of players. Domestic transfers between AP clubs, regardless of nationality of player, should be negotiated between the respective managers, and then confirmed on the Domestic Transfer Confirmation Page.
  • Domestic (Championship and below)
    Each team may during the season purchase no more than 5 players from the Championship or the National Leagues. These players must be bid for on the National League Bidding page, and each bid will be considered by me on its own merits before being accepted or rejected.  No bid will be accepted until a minimum of 24 hours has elapsed from the time the bid was made, in order to afford other managers the opportunity to make a counter bid.
  • Foreign
    To make a foreign transfer (i.e. from any club outside of the AP, regardless of whether the player is English) a bid should be made on the Foreign Transfers Page, which will be considered by me against the posted guidelines for purchase prices before being accepted or rejected. No bid will be accepted until a minimum of 24 hours has elapsed from the time the bid was made, in order to afford other managers the opportunity to make a counter bid.

There will be a summer foreign transfer window, which will run as follows.

Open Window

Open transfer window, teams have unlimited bids provided they have the financial resources to cover them.  Teams may only bid for one player at a time.

The window will open from the 9th of June but only to those sides that finish 8th and below at first. They will have a week to make one signing each before the window is open to all.     

Player Releases wrote: 
Managers may choose to release players from their clubs, for which they will be offered compensation

Compensation will be paid as follows

£2 million – current international (must have played international rugby in the previous 12 months)
£1.5 million – former international
£1m – top flight experience
£0.5m – other

All released players will be deemed to have joined a Championship side and can be bid for on the National League Bidding page.
Retirements wrote:
There will be no compensation for retiring players.  Should a player who retires decide to come out of retirement and play again, then he will automatically go back to the club who he was playing for in the game when he retired.
Fixtures wrote:
There will be 22 Aviva Premiership games per season, plus the play offs. There will also be European Rugby Champions Cup, European Rugby Challenge Cup and Anglo Welsh Cup matches.  These games will take place once a week. A match thread will be put up every Monday. Home teams must be named by midnight on Tuesday. Away teams must be named by midnight on Wednesday. Failure to meet these deadlines is punishable by the addition of three match points to the oppositions final score, unless both sides fail to do so. Both teams must provide tactics by midnight on Thursday. Predictions will be open from 00:01 hours on Friday and remain open until 15:00 hours on Sunday. Managers will post the scores that they think will happen from these games (apart from games in which they are involved).  An average of all predictions will be taken, and then 0.5 points added to each teams score for each prediction that had them as the winner, and that will then be the final score.

Managers are asked to provide detail as to why they have predicted a result.  To be considered a descriptive prediction this must be a full 3 lines long when entered into the text box. 
Teams wrote:
When naming your team, not only should you put the starting XV and replacements, but also tactics that your team will employ. Results will be affected by the tactics described.

In addition, each team must have the following:-

For domestic competition at least 8 England qualified players in your match day 23, and at least 4 of those must be in your starting XV.

For European competition at least 8 England qualified players in your match day 23, and at least 6 of those must be in your starting XV.

At least 2 props and 1 hooker on the bench.

All players must be eligible (not injured or banned).

Failure to comply with these rules will result in a 1 league point deduction.

If you fail to submit a team for a match, then the other team will be automatically awarded a 30-0 bonus point win. If both teams fail to submit a team, then it will be scored as a 0-0 draw.
Injuries and Suspensions wrote:
Injuries in this game do NOT reflect real life, they will be generated by me.

Players banned in real life will be ineligible for selection in this game for the duration of the ban.

Inclusion of injured/banned players will result in them being replaced by players on the bench, and the bench not having eight players, which may result in punishment if it concerns the front-row.

Punishment for fielding an ineligible player will be loss of one match point.
Financial Rewards wrote:
There will be no rewards for the result of an individual match, instead the managers will receive cash for predicting.

£2m for descriptive predictions 
£0.25m for scores on the doors predictions
If you fail to predict without first advising me that you are unable to do so that week, you will be fined £1m for a first offence, £2m for a second offence, £3m for a third offence etc upto a maximum of £5m per fine.

AP finishing positions.

Champions: 8m
Runners Up: 6m
Playoff Semi Finalist Losers: 5m
5th: 4m
6th: 3.5m
7th: 3m
8th: 2.5m
9th: 2m
10th: 1.5m
11th: 1m
12th: 0.5m

Heineken Cup

Losing Quarter Finalists - £2 million each
Losing Semi Finalists - £3 million each
Runners Up - £4 million
Champions - £5 million

Amlin Challenge Cup

Losing Quarter Finalists - £1 million each
Losing Semi Finalists - £2 million each
Runners Up - £3 million
Champions - £4 million

Anglo-Welsh Cup

Losing Semi Finalist - £1 million each
Runners Up - £2 million
Champions - £3 million

If your budgets falls below minus £10 million for any reason, the administrators (SJE) will step in and players from within your squad will be released for the relevant financial compensation (foreign transfer value) in order to bring your budget back above minus £10 million.

Last edited by SirJohnnyEnglish on Wed Jan 14, 2015 3:12 pm; edited 7 times in total

SirJohnnyEnglish

Back to top Go down

Season 7 Homepage V - Page 8 Empty Re: Season 7 Homepage V

Post by Sgt_Pooly Tue Dec 23, 2014 3:07 pm

I've done nearly a year in Oman over my time and found it really boring. Qatar, well Doha is ok but a bit crazy driving.

Bahrain & Dubai pretty similar on different scales. To be fair the whole of the Middle East is just one big building site with sand.

Sgt_Pooly

Back to top Go down

Post by BamBam Tue Dec 23, 2014 3:56 pm

Have I accidentally wandered onto the National Geographic forum? Wink

Congrats on the new job Pooly

BamBam

Back to top Go down

Post by Sgt_Pooly Tue Dec 23, 2014 4:55 pm

Haha, cheers mate.

We do stop arguing sometimes and talk away from rugby.

Sgt_Pooly

Back to top Go down

Post by Driver Tue Dec 23, 2014 4:59 pm

I fancy a Falcons sneaky win this weekend against Saracens. 

Andy Saull has been quality this year and playing like a beast , he needs to play 7 week in week out for us. Ally Hogg as captain gets a lot more refs on our side than Will Welch does.

Think we should line up with

1.Vickers
2.McGuigan 
3.Brookes
4.Green
5.Barrow/McLeod - Dom took a knock at Quins but should be fit.
6.Wilson
7.Saull
8.Thomson 

9.Blair
10.Clegg
11.Sinoti
12.Socino
13.Powell
14.Tait
15.Hammersley
Driver
Driver

Back to top Go down

Post by dammit_chris Tue Dec 23, 2014 5:10 pm

You've looked really good the last few weeks Driver, been quite impressed with them - the new pitch looks to be making a difference.

Though Sarries have started to look more impressive each week - the Vunipolas both looking good again and Farrell has got the backline moving. Should be a good game.

dammit_chris

Back to top Go down

Post by Driver Tue Dec 23, 2014 5:21 pm

I think they might rest a few for us to be honest. Romero impressed me at tight head last night ,need too sign him up so Rogers never goes near the 3 shirt again.

Speaking to Mark Laycock at the game last night and he said i'd be more than welcome to come and volunteer to be part of the academy coaching staff for the U16s side. I'd need to do my Level 3 which is a nightmare though.
Driver
Driver

Back to top Go down

Post by Sgt_Pooly Tue Dec 23, 2014 10:00 pm

Only a 3 week ban for Hartley the lucky boy.

Sgt_Pooly

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Dec 23, 2014 10:24 pm

Sgt_Pooly wrote:Only a 3 week ban for Hartley the lucky boy.

I think they had to give him the low
End as it was definitely not a red.

Think more than anything it showed the silly influence 3rd official has. j P Doyle thought it was a yellow but sean Davey kept at him
To make it a red.

Great article by john taylor about it today and the general malaise that is the tmo. It's the blight of rugby.

If it was deemed serious with Hartleys record it
Would have been 10-12.

I can watch it again
And again and it's not
A red.

More worried by the constant holding that goes on these days and worst of all Matt smith diving.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Dec 23, 2014 10:24 pm

anonmattyt wrote:
Sgt_Pooly wrote:Only a 3 week ban for Hartley the lucky boy.

I think they had to give him the low
End as it was definitely not a red.

Think more than anything it showed the silly influence 4th official has. j P Doyle thought it was a yellow but sean Davey kept at him
To make it a red.

Great article by john taylor about it today and the general malaise that is the tmo. It's the blight of rugby.

If it was deemed serious with Hartleys record it
Would have been 10-12.

I can watch it again
And again and it's not
A red.

More worried by the constant holding that goes on these days and worst of all Matt smith diving.

Back to top Go down

Post by dammit_chris Tue Dec 23, 2014 10:29 pm

Would have been a joke if he got banned for longer - was never a red card and JP Doyle should have stuck with going for a yellow. It was either going to be a short ban or miss the 6Nations.

Agree Mat that the third official is becoming a nonsense - espc when the ref watches the replays anyway on the big screen!

dammit_chris

Back to top Go down

Post by Sgt_Pooly Tue Dec 23, 2014 10:36 pm

It was striking with intent so under the law a red. He could have got longer given his record, I thought he got off lightly but glad he's available for the 6N.

Sgt_Pooly

Back to top Go down

Post by ChequeredJersey Tue Dec 23, 2014 11:53 pm

Especially when frequently now the ref just ignores the TMO and his linesmen anyway!
ChequeredJersey
ChequeredJersey

Back to top Go down

Post by ChequeredJersey Tue Dec 23, 2014 11:54 pm

Or makes nonsense decisions even with the evidence, like Poite in Dublin
ChequeredJersey
ChequeredJersey

Back to top Go down

Post by Fluxy Fri Dec 26, 2014 1:00 pm

Boxing day sale at Sandy Park!

Dimitri Szarzewski (France)
LH - Ryan Grant (Scotland)

LK - Tomás Lavanini (Argentina)

LK - Mike McCarthy (Ireland) 
LK - Kane Douglas (Australia)
8 - Toby Faletau (Wales)

SH - Chris Cook (England)

FH - Toby Flood (England)
FH/IC - Ian Madigan (Ireland)

OC - Richard Kahui (New Zealand)

WG - Tom Varndell (England)
WG/FB - Maxime Medard (Franc

Fluxy
Aviva Premiership Commissioner
Aviva Premiership Commissioner

Back to top Go down

Post by dammit_chris Sat Dec 27, 2014 2:34 pm

Does anyone have Agulla in their team - such a great finisher, so underrated!

dammit_chris

Back to top Go down

Post by Driver Sat Dec 27, 2014 3:28 pm

He's no Sinoti Sinoti
Driver
Driver

Back to top Go down

Post by Sgt_Pooly Sat Dec 27, 2014 3:33 pm

Agree Driver, most defenders beaten in the AP! The best foreign winger in the AP?

Sgt_Pooly

Back to top Go down

Post by dammit_chris Sat Dec 27, 2014 3:51 pm

Bath look so good this year, Louw is just incredible and Ford really living up to his potential.

Goneva got to be up there too on the foreign wing front!

dammit_chris

Back to top Go down

Post by Sgt_Pooly Sat Dec 27, 2014 3:53 pm

I'm not so sure this season Chris, he's been pretty poor. He was like a one man team last year but seems to have gone off the boil.

Sgt_Pooly

Back to top Go down

Post by Driver Sat Dec 27, 2014 4:04 pm

I think Leicester have struggled to get going , seem a bit shot of confidence in there actual ability to play wide and move teams about.

Chris Cook has impressed me this year when i have seen him play 9 for Bath , He seems to have a lot about him at 9 , but then again he's in armchair ride most weeks.

I'd say Sinoti is one of the better wingers in the AP , I'd bare to say if he played for Saracens or Saints he'd be in double figures on the try count.
Driver
Driver

Back to top Go down

Post by Driver Sat Dec 27, 2014 4:06 pm

HE SCORES!!!! WHAT A CHASE!
Driver
Driver

Back to top Go down

Post by Driver Sat Dec 27, 2014 4:08 pm

Mamu adds the 2
Driver
Driver

Back to top Go down

Post by dammit_chris Sat Dec 27, 2014 4:16 pm

Goneva played well every time I've seen him this year Pooly - got two tries last week I think against Saints too?

Should be a good game at Twickenham!

dammit_chris

Back to top Go down

Post by Driver Sat Dec 27, 2014 4:21 pm

Are you still playing this year Chris?
Driver
Driver

Back to top Go down

Post by Sgt_Pooly Sat Dec 27, 2014 4:24 pm

Can't agree Chris, I think he was outstanding last season, possibly the best winger in the NH. He's not got anywhere near those standards this season and has been a bit of a liability at times defensively this season.

Bloody good when on form though.

Sgt_Pooly

Back to top Go down

Post by dammit_chris Sat Dec 27, 2014 4:28 pm

Been injured this season so far Driver - get to start training again in January but have been moved to flanker now so am delaying my game as long as possible!

How about you?

dammit_chris

Back to top Go down

Post by Driver Sat Dec 27, 2014 4:33 pm

I'v played a couple of times but it's been pretty crap because of numbers to be honest , I'v been playing 10 or 12 when i'v played this year.

We've had a new side form in Hartlepool so we lost a few players to them.
Driver
Driver

Back to top Go down

Post by Driver Sat Dec 27, 2014 4:36 pm

Great break from George Lowe.
Driver
Driver

Back to top Go down

Post by Driver Sat Dec 27, 2014 4:38 pm

I honestly thought they where 4 George Lowes playing them started the try , hit it up out wide and then scores the try.
Driver
Driver

Back to top Go down

Post by Driver Sat Dec 27, 2014 4:40 pm

Bad kick from Foden. Quins at 200mph
Driver
Driver

Back to top Go down

Post by LukeLovesLuka Sat Dec 27, 2014 4:40 pm

Didn't realise corbs back already.

LukeLovesLuka

Back to top Go down

Post by dammit_chris Sat Dec 27, 2014 4:44 pm

You still doing all your coaching?

Is a pain when new teams come in - we have real problems with a local side who sign all our good players and pay them. We've lost a few flankers since the start of the season, so much easier in the backs!

Lowe looking good so far today - they've moved him from 13 to 12 this year haven't they?

dammit_chris

Back to top Go down

Post by Sgt_Pooly Sat Dec 27, 2014 4:44 pm

Love George Lowe, real class act.

Sgt_Pooly

Back to top Go down

Post by Driver Sat Dec 27, 2014 4:44 pm

Wayne Barnes tells Clark off for calling Matthews F**kface
Driver
Driver

Back to top Go down

Post by Driver Sat Dec 27, 2014 4:46 pm

dammit_chris wrote:You still doing all your coaching?

Is a pain when new teams come in - we have real problems with a local side who sign all our good players and pay them. We've lost a few flankers since the start of the season, so much easier in the backs!

Lowe looking good so far today - they've moved him from 13 to 12 this year haven't they?

I'm doing dribs and drabs , RFU are going to start paying me to coach in schools in my spare time so thats a nice bonus.
Driver
Driver

Back to top Go down

Post by Sgt_Pooly Sat Dec 27, 2014 4:50 pm

Falcons 23-25 Saracens

Socino misses last minute kick for the draw (also misses numerous easy pens).

Sgt_Pooly

Back to top Go down

Post by ChequeredJersey Sat Dec 27, 2014 7:08 pm

dammit_chris wrote:You still doing all your coaching?

Only because our 12s aren't good enough

Actually happy with how we played for the most part but we should have won that. Not clinical enough Sad
ChequeredJersey
ChequeredJersey

Back to top Go down

Post by dammit_chris Sat Dec 27, 2014 9:38 pm

Saints are just brutally efficient and so powerful across the park - Manoa put in another huge performance and Clark and Wood are playing some great rugby.

Was v impressed with some of the Quins youngsters though, Clifford and Trayfoot both v good - you were unlucky to lose Marler as the scrum went a bit one way with the reffing decisions.

dammit_chris

Back to top Go down

Post by Sgt_Pooly Sat Dec 27, 2014 9:52 pm

Quins scrum got murdered, only calls they got seemed dubious. Manoa was pretty good but get hugely overrated by the pundits.

Sgt_Pooly

Back to top Go down

Post by ChequeredJersey Sat Dec 27, 2014 10:28 pm

Can't agree with that view of the match, Pooly, thought the scrums were unfair against us, but then Barnes is well known to notice a side losing an early scrum or two and then assuming they will be guilty for the rest of te match. Manoa was very good
ChequeredJersey
ChequeredJersey

Back to top Go down

Post by ChequeredJersey Sat Dec 27, 2014 10:30 pm

If we play like that but with the addition of Robshaw, Marler and Nev, we should beat most teams
ChequeredJersey
ChequeredJersey

Back to top Go down

Post by Sgt_Pooly Sat Dec 27, 2014 11:09 pm

I thought you were under pressure from the off CJ. Barnes gave you a few calls early on I was baffled with. Good performance from Quins though, much better than against us

Sgt_Pooly

Back to top Go down

Post by Sgt_Pooly Sun Dec 28, 2014 2:31 pm

This should be a good game, got to side with Wasps with their recent form.

Cracking start from Gloucester after Daly fell over.

Sgt_Pooly

Back to top Go down

Post by Sgt_Pooly Sun Dec 28, 2014 4:20 pm

Wasps haven't won away for over a year??? Decent performance against a poor Gloucester team.

Sgt_Pooly

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Dec 28, 2014 5:43 pm

I was at the game and our lack of a gainline breaker in the backs is startling. We just go sideways.

Our scrum was on top throughout and a return of 5 pens to nil at the scrum shows what we can do when we can get our first choice front row out.

We did well against their backrow and managed to make Hughes have his worst game in a while. Considering he has been man of the match in every game against us previously that is a result.

Our FB had a mare and sharples had some dodgy moments.

Goode kept them in the right areas and played it sensible.

Our 10/12 combo is a huge problem as they are both in terrible form. Looked better with billy burns at 10 who in reality is maybe a year away from being a genuine AP 10

Back to top Go down

Post by Sgt_Pooly Sun Dec 28, 2014 6:03 pm

Some really odd calls in the scrum. I thought it was a very even tbh but you had the pen count, even the coms said it was an even contest.

I thought Hughes was fantastic, a try and at least two turnovers plus his normal rampaging runs, he was the best forward on the park by a distance.

You looked much better with Burns at 10, Hook was awful. Interesting it was mentioned that Robson may be off to Wasps.

Sgt_Pooly

Back to top Go down

Post by dammit_chris Sun Dec 28, 2014 6:09 pm

What about all the drops by Hughes when Gloucester targeted him, the number of pens he gave away and decisions not to pass when there were clear overlaps? Still played well but no way was he the best forward on the park - would have said Haskell was easily - the man has been immense this season, the amount of ball he slows down and his defensive work is just a huge step up from previous seasons.

dammit_chris

Back to top Go down

Post by Sgt_Pooly Sun Dec 28, 2014 6:15 pm

What do you think of Robson coming in Chris? He's a long way from the finished article but will be a noticeable step up on Simpson who's basics hold you back imo.

Sgt_Pooly

Back to top Go down

Post by dammit_chris Sun Dec 28, 2014 6:34 pm

Good attempt at a wum there with the "noticeable step up", you are getting pretty bad at it at late - you losing your touch as I'm surprised even you haven't been able to notice that Simpson has been in great form for us this season. Didn't put a foot wrong today and commentators saying how well he played. Need to up your game a bit, as otherwise running the risk of getting a little boring Wink

dammit_chris

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Dec 28, 2014 6:35 pm

Haskell was wasps best forward by a distance.

Considering Hughes carrying stats per game I imagine he will be way down.

Had an off day and was targeted by glos quite heavily in light of how he has ripped us apart previously. He was a 5/10 today and no more. . May watch the game later on TV but wood and Afoa were on top. We
Fared less well when the Subs were made.

As a fan I find the differences between refs annoying. Dean Richard allowed very little advantage for either teams where most refs play lots.

As a pairing Simpson and Goode work well together. Simpson was probably man of the match today. His box kicking really put us under pressure. Goode is experienced and knows how to run a game. He was very good to watch today.

Daly had a few shaky moments and your Italian th struggled today Chris. Was invisible in the loose also. On that performance I would start cooper wooley

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 20 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 14 ... 20  Next