The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

SURREY vs GLAMORGAN NATWEST T20 BLAST

+2
guildfordbat
jimbobgooner
6 posters

Go down

SURREY vs GLAMORGAN NATWEST T20 BLAST Empty SURREY vs GLAMORGAN NATWEST T20 BLAST

Post by jimbobgooner Thu 25 Jun 2015, 3:33 pm

SURREY HAVE NAMED A THIRTEEN MAN SQUAD FOR THE NATWEST T20 BLAST GAME AGAINST GLAMORGAN AT THE SWALEC STADIUM ON FRIDAY NIGHT.
Jason Roy king returns to the squad having helped England beat New Zealand in the recent One Day International and T20 Series. Dean Elgar is named in a T20 squad for the first time having made his Championship debut for the club earlier in the week. Zafar Ansari and Tom Curran are both rested.
The Surrey squad to play Glamorgan in the NatWest T20 Blast game at the Swalec Stadium on Friday 26th June:
Gareth Batty (capt)
James Burke
Sam Curran
Matthew Dunn
Dean Elgar
Ben Foakes
Aneesh Kapil
Tim Linley
Azhar Mahmood
Jason Roy
Vikram Solanki
Freddie Van den Bergh
Gary Wilson
hard to call the two to miss out here so over to you guys on this one thumbsup

jimbobgooner

Back to top Go down

SURREY vs GLAMORGAN NATWEST T20 BLAST Empty Re: SURREY vs GLAMORGAN NATWEST T20 BLAST

Post by guildfordbat Thu 25 Jun 2015, 5:03 pm

Thanks, JimBob.

In recognition of the Corporal's quiet but ongoing campaign Wink and much to the disgust of J Dizzle mad , I reckon the Burger Van will get a chance to flip a few tomorrow night.

Much harder to spot the two who'll miss out as you say. Maybe Dunn (or Linley) and Solanki.

guildfordbat

Back to top Go down

SURREY vs GLAMORGAN NATWEST T20 BLAST Empty Re: SURREY vs GLAMORGAN NATWEST T20 BLAST

Post by Corporalhumblebucket Thu 25 Jun 2015, 5:15 pm

guildfordbat wrote:Thanks, JimBob.

In recognition of the Corporal's quiet but ongoing campaign  Wink and much to the disgust of J Dizzle  mad , I reckon the Burger Van will get a chance to flip a few tomorrow night....
Laugh Nice one.  I think the Burger Van has earned his chance.

I think the Viscount is one of the two likely to miss out - he hasn't featured much for us in T20 for quite a long time, as I recall.

Corporalhumblebucket

Back to top Go down

Post by guildfordbat Thu 25 Jun 2015, 5:22 pm

Thanks, Corporal. You may have missed it as you were on manoeuvres north of the border but the Viscount did take a fourfer (albeit expensive) against Kent on a rare t20 outing last week.

guildfordbat

Back to top Go down

Post by Corporalhumblebucket Thu 25 Jun 2015, 6:11 pm

guildfordbat wrote:Thanks, Corporal. You may have missed it as you were on manoeuvres north of the border but the Viscount did take a fourfer (albeit expensive) against Kent on a rare t20 outing last week.

Thanks Guildford.  I had mysteriously expunged that match from my memory.  Erm  Might be something to do with our bowling performance...

Corporalhumblebucket

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbobgooner Fri 26 Jun 2015, 6:06 pm

glamorgan win toss and bowl
burger van and kapil miss out

jimbobgooner

Back to top Go down

Post by guildfordbat Fri 26 Jun 2015, 6:09 pm

Cheers, JimBob.

Poor decision imo not to play Kapil and especially Burger Van. Agree with the Corporal that Burger deserved a bite.

Out now, laters as you young people say!

guildfordbat

Back to top Go down

Post by SimonofSurrey Fri 26 Jun 2015, 6:54 pm

guildfordbat wrote:Thanks, Corporal. You may have missed it as you were on manoeuvres north of the border but the Viscount did take a fourfer (albeit expensive) against Kent on a rare t20 outing last week.

In the grand scheme of things, I'd rather my quicks took 4-45 off 4 overs than , say, 0-30. Work it out.

SimonofSurrey

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Fri 26 Jun 2015, 7:02 pm

66-0 off 8 overs
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by JDizzle Fri 26 Jun 2015, 7:14 pm

guildfordbat wrote:Thanks, JimBob.

In recognition of the Corporal's quiet but ongoing campaign  Wink and much to the disgust of J Dizzle  mad , I reckon the Burger Van will get a chance to flip a few tomorrow night.

Much harder to spot the two who'll miss out as you say. Maybe Dunn (or Linley) and Solanki.

I refuse to believe a man I saw get spanked around the park by Southampton Solent is County standard!

JDizzle

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Fri 26 Jun 2015, 7:26 pm

Not really sure what Solanki offers anymore...#timetotakehimoutbackandputhimoutofhismisery
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Fri 26 Jun 2015, 7:39 pm

Atrocious from the middle order
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Fri 26 Jun 2015, 7:45 pm

Colin Ingram is going to bowl out 4 overs for under a run a ball ffs
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Fri 26 Jun 2015, 7:47 pm

104-1 off 12 to 146-8 off 20 overs.

Simply awful
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Fri 26 Jun 2015, 8:33 pm

Jesus Christ azhar is running through em
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Fri 26 Jun 2015, 8:34 pm

Burke goes for three runs in his first over and is then taken off....
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Fri 26 Jun 2015, 8:59 pm

First wicket for Curran the younger, and it's a big one of Wallace  Yahoo Yahoo Yahoo Yahoo

94-7 requiring 53 off 5 overs...
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Fri 26 Jun 2015, 9:08 pm

WE'RE GONNA PLAY A TEAM OF WICKET KEEPERS AND CURRANS SOON AND IT'LL BE GLORIOUS

Curran the younger picks up Parnell, game set de match the Lions!
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Fri 26 Jun 2015, 9:18 pm

#SAMCURRANFORENGLAND
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Corporalhumblebucket Fri 26 Jun 2015, 10:14 pm

Surrey's new rock band? #CurranCurran Whistle Whistle

Corporalhumblebucket

Back to top Go down

Post by Corporalhumblebucket Fri 26 Jun 2015, 10:22 pm

From Surrey website it sounds as though the pitch was very slow.  So our overall score might well have been close to par - though it was still disappointing to see such a solid start wasted. Pleased that le Roi king got a good score - he hadn't really got going so far in the T20.

Solanki had earlier in the week scored 191 for the seconds and so it was not entirely illogical to pick him.

Corporalhumblebucket

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbobgooner Fri 26 Jun 2015, 10:32 pm

any chance we can stick to playing the viscount in four day cricket Rolling Eyes
kapil must wonder what he did wrong in that first game

jimbobgooner

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbobgooner Fri 26 Jun 2015, 10:48 pm

I'm sure king dave will have appreciated the bowling figures of azhar tonight Wink

jimbobgooner

Back to top Go down

Post by guildfordbat Fri 26 Jun 2015, 11:03 pm

SimonofSurrey wrote:

In the grand scheme of things, I'd rather my quicks took 4-45 off 4 overs than , say, 0-30. Work it out.

How does 1-20 off 1 over fit in? Shocked

guildfordbat

Back to top Go down

Post by guildfordbat Sat 27 Jun 2015, 9:37 am

I was out and so didn't follow the game at all at the time. However, going particularly from the cricinfo report, it seems like Roy king  played a very good and well judged innings.  

Excellent bowling analysis from Azhar - 3 wickets for very few runs including a maiden. A threefer as well for Sam Curran at less than a run a ball. A pity we've almost certainly left it too late in this year's competition.

Olly - I gather you're sometimes a betting man. Now do not regard this as a licence to print money but if you can find a bookie giving you suitably long odds, a small wager on the two Curran brothers to play for England might not be completely ridiculous. 20 year old Tom is Surrey's leading CC wicket taker this season and one of the first names on the team sheet whilst I've been hearing good things about Sam - who has only just turned 17 - for over a year. Sam's put in some impressive performances this season at all levels he's played.

guildfordbat

Back to top Go down

Post by Corporalhumblebucket Sat 27 Jun 2015, 10:48 am

Guildford - I think it would be a very respectable long shot to bet on both Curran brothers playing for England at the same time.

Corporalhumblebucket

Back to top Go down

Post by SimonofSurrey Sat 27 Jun 2015, 5:28 pm

guildfordbat wrote:
SimonofSurrey wrote:

Dreadfully, of course. but that wasn't my point: I mentioned the 4-45 in positive terms as , in my view, even an apparently expensive spell of one day bowling can be important if not decisive if it includes a clutch of wickets, too.

The best example I still remember of this is Adam Hollioake's spell in this remarkable game: http://www.espncricinfo.com/ci/engine/current/match/117940.html . You'll see he went for nearly 9 an over, but broke a dangerous 2nd wicket partnership by dismissing Croft, took two key middle order wickets in quick succession to check the momentum, then snared the last two at the death when we were still only a couple of thick edges or lusty blows from an unthinkable defeat. My moral is never underestimate the importance of wickets taken in even an expensive one day spell.

SimonofSurrey

Back to top Go down

Post by SimonofSurrey Sat 27 Jun 2015, 5:33 pm

guildfordbat wrote:
SimonofSurrey wrote:

Dreadfully, of course. but that wasn't my point: I mentioned the 4-45 in positive terms as , in my view, even an apparently expensive spell of one day bowling can be important if not decisive if it includes a clutch of wickets, too.

The best example I still remember of this is Adam Hollioake's spell in this remarkable game: http://www.espncricinfo.com/ci/engine/current/match/117940.html . You'll see he went for nearly 9 an over, but broke a dangerous 2nd wicket partnership by dismissing Croft, took two key middle order wickets in quick succession to check the momentum, then snared the last two at the death when we were still only a couple of thick edges or lusty blows from an unthinkable defeat. My moral is never underestimate the importance of wickets taken in even an expensive one day spell.

SimonofSurrey

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down