The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

+27
pedro
westisbest
McLaren
puligny
kwinigolfer
SmithersJones
Eyetoldyouso
BlueCoverman
MontysMerkin
Mad for Chelsea
lorus59
Bob_the_Job
Dolphin Ziggler
Davie
Be_the_ball
1GrumpyGolfer
hend085
JAS
GunsGerms
beninho
golfermartin
Roller_Coaster
I'm never wrong
incontinentia
raycastleunited
MustPuttBetter
super_realist
31 posters

Page 19 of 20 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20  Next

Go down

Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread - Page 19 Empty Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

Post by super_realist Tue 01 Sep 2015, 1:50 pm

First topic message reminder :

It's more the leaving it to the last minute which is nonsense. It is appalling business practice for the buyer to do this, as the seller knows they can keep the price high.

What is the point in the window being open for two months if nothing gets done until the last day? Just make it a day long, the opposite of a DFS sale.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread - Page 19 Empty Re: Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

Post by super_realist Thu 11 Feb 2016, 8:58 am

I see Top Gear and ticked most of the diversity and token boxes for the new Top Gear presenters.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread - Page 19 Empty Re: Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

Post by westisbest Thu 11 Feb 2016, 9:27 am

Might check it out to see what Le Blanc is like.

Might bring some comedy value to the show.
Not a Chris Evans fan.

Only watched it before when there were guests on it i liked.
Certainly not for Clarkson.

westisbest

Back to top Go down

Post by Bob_the_Job Thu 11 Feb 2016, 10:58 am

super_realist wrote:I see Top Gear and ticked most of the diversity and token boxes for the new Top Gear presenters.

If someone could "turn" Sabine Schmitz they'd tick another one.
Bob_the_Job
Bob_the_Job

Back to top Go down

Post by Roller_Coaster Thu 11 Feb 2016, 11:28 am

super_realist wrote:I see Top Gear and ticked most of the diversity and token boxes for the new Top Gear presenters.

It certainly appears to my cynical eye (without any knowledge of the actual process!) that a management or committee vision has been realised. If anyone watched the old stuff with enough fervour, I'm picturing that the presenter selection committee mirrored the one that Clarkson attended while driving the Peel P50 round the BBC Television Centre.

That said, Schmidt was a presenter of the German version and so is probably better "qualified" than Evans and Leblanc.

Roller_Coaster

Back to top Go down

Post by McLaren Thu 11 Feb 2016, 12:21 pm

Bob_the_Job wrote:

If someone could "turn" Sabine Schmitz they'd tick another one.

What do you mean by "turn"?
McLaren
McLaren

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Thu 11 Feb 2016, 1:16 pm

Here we go.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by Roller_Coaster Thu 11 Feb 2016, 1:20 pm

Mac, why don't you ask her on a date?

It could then turn in to practical research for your own answer based on the scientific method.

Roller_Coaster

Back to top Go down

Post by McLaren Thu 11 Feb 2016, 1:32 pm

I genuinely don't get what he is on about.
McLaren
McLaren

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Thu 11 Feb 2016, 1:34 pm

What he means Mac, is if you were to  "turn" Sabine Schmidt's sexuality, then you tick another box of the this rather transparent diversity effort, not to mention the cynical nature of having Matt Le Blanc to help sll it to the Yanks.
They only need a disabled person and they've got a full set

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by pedro Thu 11 Feb 2016, 1:46 pm

To fit the bill it should be a disabled, gay, muslim, black, communist divorced mother of 3. They should be out there.

pedro

Back to top Go down

Post by McLaren Thu 11 Feb 2016, 2:01 pm

Is she a lesbian?
McLaren
McLaren

Back to top Go down

Post by beninho Thu 11 Feb 2016, 2:05 pm

She isnt a lesbian, but if she was then all the boxes are ticked, are you pretending to be an idiot?

beninho

Back to top Go down

Post by beninho Thu 11 Feb 2016, 2:06 pm

The old Top Gear had become very dull and predictable. I hope the new one, breathes more life into the show, and mixes it up a bit. Leblanc likes his cars, and is funded by BBC America or something, Eddie Jordan is an annoying man though, and I have nothing against Evans. Think it may be good to watch.

beninho

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Thu 11 Feb 2016, 2:33 pm

Chris Harris is good, Eddie Jordan is annoying as said, Evans can be alright, or a complete arse, Schmidt is usually good value, Le Blanc seems a good egg, no idea who Rory whateverhisname is though.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Thu 11 Feb 2016, 6:32 pm

Why are those self serving pigs asking the Google boss what his salary is? Mind your own bloody business. I bet an MP isn't aware how much they take home either, I don't bloody know my salary to the pound, why should the Google boss, and what has it got to do with how much tax the government allow them to get away with not paying?

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by pedro Thu 11 Feb 2016, 8:08 pm

super_realist wrote:Why are those self serving pigs asking the Google boss what his salary is?
JFGI!! Doh

pedro

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Thu 11 Feb 2016, 8:32 pm

pedro wrote:
super_realist wrote:Why are those self serving pigs asking the Google boss what his salary is?
JFGI!! Doh

His salary doesn't matter.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by raycastleunited Fri 12 Feb 2016, 11:29 am

pedro wrote:To fit the bill it should be a disabled, gay, muslim, black, communist divorced mother of 3. They should be out there.

I did a project once for a government department. Brilliant case study of diversity vs capability. They'd lost over £200m the previous year through a basic lack of commercial understanding. It was amazing how right down the hierachy of cabinet ministers and senior civil servants everyone blindly relied on the information produced by poor old Yousuf, the gay disabled black muslim who was a lovely bloke but hopelessly out of his depth.

raycastleunited

Back to top Go down

Post by navyblueshorts Fri 12 Feb 2016, 1:01 pm

Well, to be fair, when you've just got rid of racist misogynists, it's probably better to correct that with the replacement lineup.
navyblueshorts
navyblueshorts

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Fri 12 Feb 2016, 1:08 pm

No doubt they'll also have to have a certain proportion given over to Electric vehicles and disabled vehicles too.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by pedro Fri 12 Feb 2016, 1:10 pm

raycastleunited wrote:
I did a project once for a government department. Brilliant case study of diversity vs capability. They'd lost over £200m the previous year through a basic lack of commercial understanding..
Not revealing too much there. Could be anyone of them...

pedro

Back to top Go down

Post by McLaren Fri 12 Feb 2016, 1:48 pm

Ray

You always post in a manner which reveals how highly you rate yourself. thumbsup
McLaren
McLaren

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Fri 12 Feb 2016, 2:24 pm

McLaren wrote:Ray

You always post in a manner which reveals how highly you rate yourself.  thumbsup

Mr Pot, Meet Mr Kettle.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by Davie Sun 14 Feb 2016, 8:53 pm

Another fascinating day in the Premier League

Bet Victor odds now as follows...

Arsenal 11/8
Tottenham 5/2
Leicester 11/4
Manchester City 7/1
Manchester United 150/1

Leicester still seem to have the easier run in with their hardest tests left being last 3 matches against Man U and Chelsea away and Everton at home

Arsenal still have to go to Man U, Everton, Tottenham, West Ham and Man C

Spurs have to go to Liverpool, Chelsea and West Ham and have Arsenal and Man U at home

City still have to visit Liverpool and Chelsea and entertain Man U and Arsenal.

Still plenty to play for! I'd still fancy Leicester with those fixtures but you never see a poor bookie.....

Davie

Back to top Go down

Post by kwinigolfer Sun 14 Feb 2016, 9:44 pm

Leicester could be over the hills and far away if they can maintain their home form:
Next fixtures at home:
Norwich
WBA (0-0)
Newcastle
Saints
Hammers
Swansea
You'd hope for 14 pts at least from that lot.
Plus trips to Palace & Sunderland.

kwinigolfer

Back to top Go down

Post by Roller_Coaster Mon 15 Feb 2016, 9:30 am

but...

We are at that end of the season where the strugglers always seem to start picking up points that are "on paper" unexpected ones.

Well, except Villa perhaps (sorry West) they look pretty much doomed.

Roller_Coaster

Back to top Go down

Post by westisbest Mon 15 Feb 2016, 11:11 am

No worries RC.

Worst Villa side i have seen in 30 years.

Disgrace.

westisbest

Back to top Go down

Post by raycastleunited Mon 15 Feb 2016, 11:59 am

westisbest wrote:No worries RC.

Worst Villa side i have seen in 30 years.

Disgrace.

Villa have been dreadful for about 5 years now. Always look like relegation fodder but somehow just doing enough to survive. Looks like this year their luck is finally running out. About time, and probably the wake up call the club needs.

raycastleunited

Back to top Go down

Post by raycastleunited Mon 15 Feb 2016, 12:09 pm

I think Leicester are going to find it increasingly difficult to win their remaining games. They are no longer the surprise package, teams like West Brom will go to Leicester looking to stay much more compact and give them a lot more respect than in the first half of the season. I fancy their chances more against the likes of Everton and West Ham who will still expect to outplay them.

Arsenal can do it if they can keep Walcott and Welbeck fit, Spurs have the momentum and crucially Pochettino looks like he's given his players the belief needed to keep winning. The trophy's going to north London if you ask me.

raycastleunited

Back to top Go down

Post by pedro Mon 15 Feb 2016, 12:49 pm

Think Leicester's Simpson must sit back with a bad taste in his mouth. Stupid and unnecessary red card.

pedro

Back to top Go down

Post by McLaren Mon 15 Feb 2016, 9:21 pm

Vonn and Wozza in nothing other than paint.  Tiger an Rory might be feeling a bit of a twinge.

SI Vonn and Wozza:
McLaren
McLaren

Back to top Go down

Post by westisbest Mon 15 Feb 2016, 9:35 pm

nice pictures mac.

Like the Ronda Rousey picture to.

westisbest

Back to top Go down

Post by pedro Mon 15 Feb 2016, 10:56 pm

Is that Lesbos in the background?

pedro

Back to top Go down

Post by McLaren Wed 17 Feb 2016, 10:34 am

An interesting article about Ireland. Thought I should post it given how often we discuss the failings of Ireland on this board.

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2016/feb/17/faith-hope-and-secularity-ireland-on-brink-of-change-as-church-power-wanes
McLaren
McLaren

Back to top Go down

Post by navyblueshorts Wed 17 Feb 2016, 2:50 pm

McLaren wrote:Vonn and Wozza in nothing other than paint.  Tiger an Rory might be feeling a bit of a twinge.

SI Vonn and Wozza:
Wonder who the painter was? Could have been interesting....
navyblueshorts
navyblueshorts

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Wed 17 Feb 2016, 2:55 pm

McLaren wrote:An interesting article about Ireland.  Thought I should post it given how often we discuss the failings of Ireland on this board.

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2016/feb/17/faith-hope-and-secularity-ireland-on-brink-of-change-as-church-power-wanes

Disgusting that a child has to be baptised into a lying, dangerous cult in order to get a school place. More evidence of backward Ireland.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by westisbest Wed 17 Feb 2016, 3:03 pm

super_realist wrote:
McLaren wrote:An interesting article about Ireland.  Thought I should post it given how often we discuss the failings of Ireland on this board.

Disgusting that a child has to be baptised into a lying, dangerous cult in order to get a school place. More evidence of backward Ireland.

Aaaaaaaaaaand there it is Laugh

westisbest

Back to top Go down

Post by Bob_the_Job Wed 17 Feb 2016, 3:12 pm

You think that's bad?  Just look at what Bruce/Caitlyn Jenner had to go through to be allowed into the WI...
Bob_the_Job
Bob_the_Job

Back to top Go down

Post by 1GrumpyGolfer Wed 17 Feb 2016, 3:33 pm

Must have been desperate to start playing to a lower handicap.  No wonder the USGA/PGA's tee it forward campaign isn't going so well

1GrumpyGolfer

Back to top Go down

Post by Roller_Coaster Thu 18 Feb 2016, 10:12 am

Apparently it's National Drink Wine Day today.

So I shall.

Cheers.

Roller_Coaster

Back to top Go down

Post by pedro Thu 18 Feb 2016, 10:49 am

Yesterday it was National Café au Lait Day. coffee

pedro

Back to top Go down

Post by Roller_Coaster Thu 18 Feb 2016, 11:55 am

That I didn't know.

Although, we must live in the present rather than dwell on the past...

Roller_Coaster

Back to top Go down

Post by McLaren Thu 18 Feb 2016, 12:12 pm

Messi and Suarez beaten to pass penalty by Plymouth Argyle.

Messi and Suarez: They Copied Argyle:

http://www.pafc.co.uk/news/article/messi-and-suarez-they-copied-argyle-2960372.aspx
McLaren
McLaren

Back to top Go down

Post by kwinigolfer Thu 18 Feb 2016, 1:08 pm

Great video of Mike Trebilcock, that was about the extent of his range . . . . . . Two years later his two goals helped win Everton the FA Cup.

kwinigolfer

Back to top Go down

Post by beninho Thu 18 Feb 2016, 1:52 pm

Also beaten by Cruyff who did it in the early 80s.

From the Suarez penalty last night, im not sure why they dont do it more often

beninho

Back to top Go down

Post by McLaren Thu 18 Feb 2016, 2:57 pm

beninho wrote:Also beaten by Cruyff who did it in the early 80s.

From the Suarez penalty last night, im not sure why they dont do it more often

Have a look at the mess Arsenal made of it. Probably the more likely outcome.
McLaren
McLaren

Back to top Go down

Post by Roller_Coaster Fri 19 Feb 2016, 1:31 pm

Read on the BBC (I think) that Barcelona had actually missed 7 of 15 "conventional" penalties before trying this.

Messi, Neymar and Suarez really are sh**e aren't they.

<insert tongue in cheek emoji>

Roller_Coaster

Back to top Go down

Post by pedro Fri 19 Feb 2016, 2:05 pm

Roller_Coaster wrote:Read on the BBC (I think) that Barcelona had actually missed 7 of 15 "conventional" penalties before trying this.
So do we think England will try something similar come next Euro or World Cup??

censored

pedro

Back to top Go down

Post by McLaren Fri 19 Feb 2016, 2:09 pm

Maybe henderson to Welnbeck?
McLaren
McLaren

Back to top Go down

Post by Davie Fri 19 Feb 2016, 2:11 pm

I wonder if the Spanish league has a fantasy league like we do in England - and how they scored that penalty incident! Did Messi get an assist but negative points for "missing" the pen?

Davie

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 19 of 20 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20  Next