The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Glasgow and Edinburgh: Ongoing Banter Thread 16 - Good Luck, We're All Counting On You

+35
IanBru
MacKnocked-on
George Carlin
nickj
EST
RuggerRadge2611
funnyExiledScot
Anglobraveheart
BigGee
bsando
formerly known as Sam
Manky-Flanker
Majestic83
Welly
Cardiff Dave
RiscaGame
Scottrf
Chainsaw Laney
furra_linee
Hazel Sapling
Eejit
R!skysports
CraigS1874
TheMildlyFranticLlama
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)
Nematode
SirBurger
Geen sport voor watjes
highland_scot
SecretFly
A Simply Mesmeric Try
whocares
cakeordeath
TJ
39 posters

Page 4 of 21 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 12 ... 21  Next

Go down

Glasgow and Edinburgh: Ongoing Banter Thread 16 - Good Luck, We're All Counting On You - Page 4 Empty Glasgow and Edinburgh: Ongoing Banter Thread 16 - Good Luck, We're All Counting On You

Post by IanBru Tue 28 Mar 2017, 10:39 pm

First topic message reminder :

Glasgow and Edinburgh: Ongoing Banter Thread 16 - Good Luck, We're All Counting On You - Page 4 Jessie10          Glasgow and Edinburgh: Ongoing Banter Thread 16 - Good Luck, We're All Counting On You - Page 4 Glasgo10
Edinburgh & Glasgow Warriors

A Not So Brief History of Time-Wasting:

Glasgow and Edinburgh: Ongoing Banter Thread 16 - Good Luck, We're All Counting On You - Page 4 Giphy

Glasgow and Edinburgh: Ongoing Banter Thread 16 - Good Luck, We're All Counting On You - Page 4 110

Glasgow and Edinburgh: Ongoing Banter Thread 16 - Good Luck, We're All Counting On You - Page 4 210

Glasgow and Edinburgh: Ongoing Banter Thread 16 - Good Luck, We're All Counting On You - Page 4 311

Glasgow and Edinburgh: Ongoing Banter Thread 16 - Good Luck, We're All Counting On You - Page 4 410

Glasgow and Edinburgh: Ongoing Banter Thread 16 - Good Luck, We're All Counting On You - Page 4 510

Glasgow and Edinburgh: Ongoing Banter Thread 16 - Good Luck, We're All Counting On You - Page 4 610

Glasgow and Edinburgh: Ongoing Banter Thread 16 - Good Luck, We're All Counting On You - Page 4 710

Glasgow and Edinburgh: Ongoing Banter Thread 16 - Good Luck, We're All Counting On You - Page 4 810

Glasgow and Edinburgh: Ongoing Banter Thread 16 - Good Luck, We're All Counting On You - Page 4 910

Glasgow and Edinburgh: Ongoing Banter Thread 16 - Good Luck, We're All Counting On You - Page 4 1010

Glasgow and Edinburgh: Ongoing Banter Thread 16 - Good Luck, We're All Counting On You - Page 4 1110

Glasgow and Edinburgh: Ongoing Banter Thread 16 - Good Luck, We're All Counting On You - Page 4 1210

Glasgow and Edinburgh: Ongoing Banter Thread 16 - Good Luck, We're All Counting On You - Page 4 1310

Glasgow and Edinburgh: Ongoing Banter Thread 16 - Good Luck, We're All Counting On You - Page 4 1410

Glasgow and Edinburgh: Ongoing Banter Thread 16 - Good Luck, We're All Counting On You - Page 4 1510

Guinness Pro12

Glasgow and Edinburgh: Ongoing Banter Thread 16 - Good Luck, We're All Counting On You - Page 4 Giphy

Guinness Pro12 Website
Edinburgh Rugby (Pro12 Website)
Glasgow Warriors (Pro12 Website)
Guinness Pro12 2016/17 Overview (Ultimate Rugby)

Playlist of all of Edinburgh's Pro12 highlights here.
Playlist of all of Glasgow's Pro12 highlights here.

Europe

European Rugby Website

CHAMPIONS CUP
QUARTER FINAL
SARACENS v GLASGOW WARRIORS
Sun, Apr 2, 13:00, Allianz Park

CHALLENGE CUP
QUARTER FINAL
EDINBURGH v LA ROCHELLE
Fri, March 31, 19:00, Murrayfield Stadium

Glasgow and Edinburgh: Ongoing Banter Thread 16 - Good Luck, We're All Counting On You - Page 4 Airplane-we-re-counting_o_GIFSoupcom
"I just want to tell you both good luck. We're all counting on you."
IanBru
IanBru

Back to top Go down

Glasgow and Edinburgh: Ongoing Banter Thread 16 - Good Luck, We're All Counting On You - Page 4 Empty Re: Glasgow and Edinburgh: Ongoing Banter Thread 16 - Good Luck, We're All Counting On You

Post by RuggerRadge2611 Thu 06 Apr 2017, 10:53 am

funnyExiledScot wrote:Here's something I didn't know about Ryan Wilson: he's a posh boy. He was born in England and went to Lord Wandsworth College in Hampshire, the same school as Jonny Wilkinson.

So where does he get all the batman rumbling niggle from?
RuggerRadge2611
RuggerRadge2611

Back to top Go down

Glasgow and Edinburgh: Ongoing Banter Thread 16 - Good Luck, We're All Counting On You - Page 4 Empty Re: Glasgow and Edinburgh: Ongoing Banter Thread 16 - Good Luck, We're All Counting On You

Post by jimbopip Thu 06 Apr 2017, 10:54 am

funnyExiledScot wrote:Here's something I didn't know about Ryan Wilson: he's a posh boy. He was born in England and went to Lord Wandsworth College in Hampshire, the same school as Jonny Wilkinson.

At the end of the Sarries match the Glasgow squad could be seen, individually or in twos and threes, making their way across the pitch to the main stand. All of them took time to chat and pose for photies. Schalk Brits was behind one of the goals teaching his sons to tackle! As Pipetto and I wandered off the pitch I saw a big fella with a pint in his hand having a laugh with some friends. It was Mr Wilson himself. Pipetto got a photie with him and he didn't come across as posh to me. Seemed a likeable sort, joked with Pipetto and was very grounded. ( See the Glaswegian over-protectiveness? See, "I know he's been on the naughty step, but he's a good boy really"?)

One fan on another forum relates how as the players were getting on the coach and he pointed out to Lord Gordon of Ayr that he might miss the bus his Shrekness replied, "Frak it. I'll get the train back with you guys and get pissed." Doncha love him!!!!

jimbopip

Back to top Go down

Post by tigertattie Thu 06 Apr 2017, 10:56 am

RuggerRadge2611 wrote:

coz he's a spoiled brat who thinks he's entitled to more than the minions he's surrounded by!
tigertattie
tigertattie

Back to top Go down

Post by funnyExiledScot Thu 06 Apr 2017, 11:09 am

tigertattie wrote:
RuggerRadge2611 wrote:

coz he's a spoiled brat who thinks he's entitled to more than the minions he's surrounded by!

Perhaps, but you certainly cannot criticise Wilson for lack of work ethic. He puts in a shift and whilst his on field aggression is a bit ridiculous at times, he is in the classic mould of a Glasgow Warrior. Bradbury looks a for more talented prospect, but my fear is already that he could be another Ali Hogg - almost too nice to really push on to be what he can be. I hope he doesn't lack that drive. James Ritchie certainly doesn't lack it - he could be a future club captain I think (although I would appoint Hamish Watson for next season).

funnyExiledScot

Back to top Go down

Post by Eejit Thu 06 Apr 2017, 11:14 am

jimbopip wrote:

At the end of the Sarries match the Glasgow squad could be seen, individually or in twos and threes, making their way across the pitch to the main stand. All of them took time to chat and pose for photies. Schalk Brits was behind one of the goals teaching his sons to tackle! As Pipetto and I wandered off the pitch I saw a big fella with a pint in his hand having a laugh with some friends. It was Mr Wilson himself. Pipetto got a photie with him and he didn't come across as posh to me. Seemed a likeable sort, joked with Pipetto and was very grounded. ( See the Glaswegian over-protectiveness? See, "I know he's been on the naughty step, but he's a good boy really"?)

One fan on another forum relates how as the players were getting on the coach and he pointed out to Lord Gordon of Ayr that he might miss the bus his Shrekness replied, "Frak it. I'll get the train back with you guys and get pissed." Doncha love him!!!!

Other forums? Is this one not good enough for you?

Eejit

Back to top Go down

Post by RuggerRadge2611 Thu 06 Apr 2017, 11:19 am

funnyExiledScot wrote:
tigertattie wrote:
RuggerRadge2611 wrote:

Perhaps, but you certainly cannot criticise Wilson for lack of work ethic. He puts in a shift and whilst his on field aggression is a bit ridiculous at times, he is in the classic mould of a Glasgow Warrior. Bradbury looks a for more talented prospect, but my fear is already that he could be another Ali Hogg - almost too nice to really push on to be what he can be. I hope he doesn't lack that drive. James Ritchie certainly doesn't lack it - he could be a future club captain I think (although I would appoint Hamish Watson for next season).

Cockers isn't exactly renowned for coaching players that are "too nice".

Hamish Watson would get the nod for me as Edinburgh captain, hes the only player who looks like his his frak distribution levels are not at rock bottom.
RuggerRadge2611
RuggerRadge2611

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbopip Thu 06 Apr 2017, 11:30 am

Eejit wrote:
jimbopip wrote:

Other forums? Is this one not good enough for you?

Well... Y'know... Sometimes you just need a bit of roughage in your diet.

jimbopip

Back to top Go down

Post by funnyExiledScot Thu 06 Apr 2017, 11:43 am

I'm just trying to think through the Edinburgh squad recruitment priorities for next season:

Tighthead: Nel, Berghan, Bryce and Beavon - we need one more I think
Hooker: Ford, Cochrane, McInally and Turner. Good enough.
Loosehead: Dickinson, Sutherland, Dell and McCallum. Good enough.
Second row: Toolis, Bresler, Gilchrist, MacKenzie and Carmichael. Good enough.
Back row: Millar, Fihaki, Bradbury, Ritchie, Watson, Hardie, Du Preez and Mata. Good enough
Scrum half: Hidalgo-Clyne, Fowles and Kennedy. Good enough
Fly half: Tovey and Weir - not nearly good enough. We could use two new players.
Inside Centre: Burleigh, Dean and Rasolea. Probably good enough.
Outside Centre: Bennett, Allan, Tofilau. We need one more with Bennett out.
Wings: Brown, Scholes, Helu, Hoyland, Graham and Northam.  Probably ok, but short on quality.
Fullback: Kinghorn and Bryce. Short one player, although Scholes or Brown could be moved.

So, priorities:

1. We need a quality 10, badly. I also think we need a young SQ apprentice as well.
2. See number 1.
3. We need a quality back three player. An international quality player, preferably able to cover fullback/wing. If Kinghorn is injured Hodge would select Bryce at 15, and that is unacceptable. I do think we should use Scholes more.
4. An outside centre. I was ok until Bennett's injury, but without Bennett we are short on quality. Allan is underrated by Hodge however.
5. A tighthead prop. With our current options fully fit we can cope, but without Nel this season we have struggled badly.

Five players in total, albeit one additional quality 10 would suffice for now.

fES Dream List:

1. Cruden and Hastings
3. Folau
4. Kuridrani
5. Baille

Done

funnyExiledScot

Back to top Go down

Post by tigertattie Thu 06 Apr 2017, 11:55 am

good luck getting those guys FES lol
tigertattie
tigertattie

Back to top Go down

Post by EST Thu 06 Apr 2017, 11:55 am

funnyExiledScot wrote:I'm just trying to think through the Edinburgh squad recruitment priorities for next season:

Tighthead: Nel, Berghan, Bryce and Beavon - we need one more I think
Hooker: Ford, Cochrane, McInally and Turner. Good enough.
Loosehead: Dickinson, Sutherland, Dell and McCallum. Good enough.
Second row: Toolis, Bresler, Gilchrist, MacKenzie and Carmichael. Good enough.
Back row: Millar, Fihaki, Bradbury, Ritchie, Watson, Hardie, Du Preez and Mata. Good enough
Scrum half: Hidalgo-Clyne, Fowles and Kennedy. Good enough
Fly half: Tovey and Weir - not nearly good enough. We could use two new players.
Inside Centre: Burleigh, Dean and Rasolea. Probably good enough.
Outside Centre: Bennett, Allan, Tofilau. We need one more with Bennett out.
Wings: Brown, Scholes, Helu, Hoyland, Graham and Northam.  Probably ok, but short on quality.
Fullback: Kinghorn and Bryce. Short one player, although Scholes or Brown could be moved.

So, priorities:

1. We need a quality 10, badly. I also think we need a young SQ apprentice as well.
2. See number 1.
3. We need a quality back three player. An international quality player, preferably able to cover fullback/wing. If Kinghorn is injured Hodge would select Bryce at 15, and that is unacceptable. I do think we should use Scholes more.
4. An outside centre. I was ok until Bennett's injury, but without Bennett we are short on quality. Allan is underrated by Hodge however.
5. A tighthead prop. With our current options fully fit we can cope, but without Nel this season we have struggled badly.

Five players in total, albeit one additional quality 10 would suffice for now.

fES Dream List:

1. Cruden and Hastings
3. Folau
4. Kuridrani
5. Baille

Done

I think that's a pretty accurate shopping list fES. A quality 10 and 15 would make a huge difference to the squad, which isn't nearly as poor (on paper) as their recent results.

I can't help but feel that one of the three Scrum Half's need to step up to the plate and show a bit of consistent form.

Surely the current coaching set-up wont be kept on under Cockers? That's potentially more important than getting any new players in - Hodge is quite simply not up to the job.

EST

Back to top Go down

Post by funnyExiledScot Thu 06 Apr 2017, 12:11 pm

tigertattie wrote:good luck getting those guys FES lol

Well if they don't come, I'll be blaming Brexit.

funnyExiledScot

Back to top Go down

Post by Pete C (Kiwireddevil) Thu 06 Apr 2017, 12:18 pm

funnyExiledScot wrote:

Izzy Folau is probably moving to Auckland - his fiance Maria Tutaia plays professional netball for the Northern Mystics & NZ, and the Silver Ferns have an NZ-based-players-only selection policy.
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)

Back to top Go down

Post by funnyExiledScot Thu 06 Apr 2017, 12:23 pm

Pete C (Kiwireddevil) wrote:
funnyExiledScot wrote:

Izzy Folau is probably moving to Auckland - his fiance Maria Tutaia plays professional netball for the Northern Mystics & NZ, and the Silver Ferns have an NZ-based-players-only selection policy.

But surely were it not for Brexit, he'd be ditching all that to come and live in Edinburgh?

I just looked up his fiancé. Lovely. I'd just live wherever she wanted to live.

funnyExiledScot

Back to top Go down

Post by tigertattie Thu 06 Apr 2017, 12:24 pm

funnyExiledScot wrote:

Did you see the SNP finance minister blaming Brexit for the Scottish Economy doing worse than the rest of the UK? He claims that in Scotland we're more savvy and understand the terrible implications of Brexit more than our cousins in other parts of the UK

So

1. The SNP are again not taking responsibility for things
2. They've just called everyone else in the rest of the UK thick!

Nice one!

But aye, Cruden and Kuridrani will be on their way here straight after the Southern Hemisphere season ends I'm sure!
tigertattie
tigertattie

Back to top Go down

Post by Pete C (Kiwireddevil) Thu 06 Apr 2017, 12:34 pm

tigertattie wrote:
funnyExiledScot wrote:

Did you see the SNP finance minister blaming Brexit for the Scottish Economy doing worse than the rest of the UK? He claims that in Scotland we're more savvy and understand the terrible implications of Brexit more than our cousins in other parts of the UK

So

Nice one!

But aye, Cruden and Kuridrani will be on their way here straight after the Southern Hemisphere season ends I'm sure!

Assuming FES gets Cruden out of that Montpelier contract, definitely

Pete C (Kiwireddevil)
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbopip Thu 06 Apr 2017, 12:56 pm

Adam Hasting in shock decision!!!

"The son of some former  Scotland full-back today turned down the offer of a lucrative contract modelling luxury knitwear garments for the discerning gentleman in favour of remaining a professional rugby player. Hastings was quoted as saying, "I'm allergic to sodomy uncomfortable in Karen Millen loungewear so Myreside never really appealed to me. Scotstoun looks better, they have a weights room and everything."

jimbopip

Back to top Go down

Post by George Carlin Thu 06 Apr 2017, 1:42 pm

RuggerRadge2611 wrote:
George Carlin wrote:I had a vasectomy today.

I'm just going to put that out there.

Although unlike young Bru, I still have my stones, albeit with a greatly reduced functionality than that with which they were blessed this morning.

was it as sore as I'd think it would be?
I think it depends where and how you get it done.

If you do on the NHS back in the UK, then you probably get a pair of garden shears and the chance to drink a pint of Schiz's home brew moonshine beforehand.

This was in Abu Dhabi, so I got the head of urology at the best local clinic. He was exactly what you wanted - a tiny, very clean looking German chap who looked like he's never had a girlfriend in his life and so focused on cutting open the word's two veg instead. He was recommended to me by two other blokes who 'did theirs' - both were doctors themselves, so that's a recommendation that means something.

Whether it's general or local anaesthetic depends on the surgeon. Mr Keine Freuen isn't one for the chat, so I was knocked out for half an hour. That's definitely the way to go. Not only did I get a sleep unbroken by a 3 year old trying to insert a slice of toast and Nutella into my ear, but to actually be awake throughout the rummaging and snipping sounds like something from a Wes Craven movie.

Now? Kind of uncomfortable but I genuinely could have gone back to work the same day if I didn't occasionally forget about the conversation that I'd just had half an hour beforehand.
George Carlin
George Carlin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by funnyExiledScot Thu 06 Apr 2017, 1:52 pm

Pete C (Kiwireddevil) wrote:
tigertattie wrote:
funnyExiledScot wrote:

So

Nice one!

Assuming FES gets Cruden out of that Montpelier contract, definitely

I'd consider a job offer from Edinburgh to be an Act of God.

funnyExiledScot

Back to top Go down

Post by funnyExiledScot Thu 06 Apr 2017, 1:54 pm

George Carlin wrote:Now? Kind of uncomfortable but I genuinely could have gone back to work the same day if I didn't occasionally forget about the conversation that I'd just had half an hour beforehand.

Didn't stop Alan Solomons....

funnyExiledScot

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Thu 06 Apr 2017, 1:54 pm

Shocked

I know this section of 606 is about oval balls but please...................... me eyes are scalding up listening to the intricacies of offloading them away from their procreative duties.

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbopip Thu 06 Apr 2017, 1:54 pm

Mine was under local at the local clinic.
My main memory was the nurse nudging me (I had headphones on and was listening to Frank Sinatra's Songs For Swinging Lovers, how whacky am I?) to say ,
"The anaesthetic is beginning to wear off and we're just at the really tricky bit. Could you just grit your teeth for a moment or two?"
Shocked Shocked Shocked
Next to the midwife who said, "It's too late to call out a doctor, so you'll be helping with the birth." That's probably the sentence that'll wake me in a cold sweat most often for the foreseeable future.

To add insult to injury Mrs Pip was in the waiting room and they could hear me singing loudly, to quell my rising panic. The receptionist looked up and said, "you say your husband's a teacher...I do trust he's not a music teacher."
Everyone's a critic.

jimbopip

Back to top Go down

Post by funnyExiledScot Thu 06 Apr 2017, 2:23 pm

For Bru this is, of course, academic.

funnyExiledScot

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbopip Thu 06 Apr 2017, 2:37 pm

Who'da thunk that Bru's genitalia would have provided so much amusement for so many men for such a length of time.

Never in the field of human endeavour have so many laughed at so little for so long.

jimbopip

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Thu 06 Apr 2017, 2:54 pm

I'm sure you'll all be glad to hear I'm back from my travels now having been to New York, Vegas, Seattle and Vancouver - an epic trip.

Hope you all didn't miss me too much!

To summarise the last few weeks:

Edinburgh - picard

Glasgow - normal service has resumed in Europe  although Sarries will be favourites (even at Thomond)

Bennett - a huge loss and given it is a 9-12 month injury it basically means the entire next season is  write off, especially given we won't have any trophies to play for no doubt. We may even need to sign another centre now given how desperately we need some class in that backline

Kinghorn - if he hadn't performed so well in the first few months of the season his future would be looking pretty bleak given his performances since December - he really has been poor in most aspects of his game. It just shows how little strength in depth we have and also how bad a coach Hodge is that a 19 year old has been played week-in week-out despite being bereft of confidence and playing poorly. I think 7s is a good move for him and I'd actually give him the summer off to have s full pre-season - he certainly hasn't warranted a Scotland call-up on current form.

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by funnyExiledScot Thu 06 Apr 2017, 3:10 pm

jimbopip wrote:Adam Hasting in shock decision!!!

"The son of some former  Scotland full-back today turned down the offer of a lucrative contract modelling luxury knitwear garments for the discerning gentleman in favour of remaining a professional rugby player. Hastings was quoted as saying, "I'm allergic to sodomy uncomfortable in Karen Millen loungewear so Myreside never really appealed to me. Scotstoun looks better, they have a weights room and everything."

Great. Hastings warms the bench at Scotstoun. Weir stays at Edinburgh. Scotland continues to have only one working fly half.

funnyExiledScot

Back to top Go down

Post by funnyExiledScot Thu 06 Apr 2017, 3:11 pm

RDW_Scotland wrote:I'm sure you'll all be glad to hear I'm back from my travels now having been to New York, Vegas, Seattle and Vancouver - an epic trip.

Edinburgh - picard

Glasgow - normal service has resumed in Europe  although Sarries will be favourites (even at Thomond)

Bennett - a huge loss and given it is a 9-12 month injury it basically means the entire next season is  write off, especially given we won't have any trophies to play for no doubt. We may even need to sign another centre now given how desperately we need some class in that backline

Kinghorn - if he hadn't performed so well in the first few months of the season his future would be looking pretty bleak given his performances since December - he really has been poor in most aspects of his game. It just shows how little strength in depth we have and also how bad a coach Hodge is that a 19 year old has been played week-in week-out despite being bereft of confidence and playing poorly. I think 7s is a good move for him and I'd actually give him the summer off to have s full pre-season - he certainly hasn't warranted a Scotland call-up on current form.

Welcome back. Today we're discussing vasectomies.

funnyExiledScot

Back to top Go down

Post by BigGee Thu 06 Apr 2017, 3:33 pm

George Carlin wrote:
RuggerRadge2611 wrote:

Although unlike young Bru, I still have my stones, albeit with a greatly reduced functionality than that with which they were blessed this morning.

If you do on the NHS back in the UK, then you probably get a pair of garden shears and the chance to drink a pint of Schiz's home brew moonshine beforehand.

This was in Abu Dhabi, so I got the head of urology at the best local clinic. He was exactly what you wanted - a tiny, very clean looking German chap who looked like he's never had a girlfriend in his life and so focused on cutting open the word's two veg instead. He was recommended to me by two other blokes who 'did theirs' - both were doctors themselves, so that's a recommendation that means something.

Whether it's general or local anaesthetic depends on the surgeon. Mr Keine Freuen isn't one for the chat, so I was knocked out for half an hour. That's definitely the way to go. Not only did I get a sleep unbroken by a 3 year old trying to insert a slice of toast and Nutella into my ear, but to actually be awake throughout the rummaging and snipping sounds like something from a Wes Craven movie.

Now? Kind of uncomfortable but I genuinely could have gone back to work the same day if I didn't occasionally forget about the conversation that I'd just had half an hour beforehand.

I am sure that they already told you this, but you do realise that you still have about 20 live rounds in the barrel, so be careful what you do with them until you get that rather reassuring message 'no sperm seen' from the lab.

There was a guy playing in one of the rugby clubs of my youth who managed to knock the wife up after having his done. That caused much amusement at the rugby club, but did not go down so well domestically I believe!

I had mine done in the GPs surgery with a pair of shears. I'd had three kids in 3 years, so waiting for a better environment was not an option! I hobbled home, sat in a chair and then one of the kids jumped onto my lap!

I do love them dearly though!

BigGee
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbopip Thu 06 Apr 2017, 3:40 pm

BigGee wrote:
George Carlin wrote:
RuggerRadge2611 wrote:

I am sure that they already told you this, but you do realise that you still have about 20 live rounds in the barrel, so be careful what you do with them until you get that rather reassuring message 'no sperm seen' from the lab.

There was a guy playing in one of the rugby clubs of my youth who managed to knock the wife up after having his done. That caused much amusement at the rugby club, but did not go down so well domestically I believe!

I had mine done in the GPs surgery with a pair of shears. I'd had three kids in 3 years, so waiting for a better environment was not an option! I hobbled home, sat in a chair and then one of the kids jumped onto my lap!

I do love them dearly though!

I love the Empsonian ambiguity in the use of "them". laughing

Admin Boy the place has gone to the dogs without you.

jimbopip

Back to top Go down

Post by BigGee Thu 06 Apr 2017, 3:51 pm

Not mentioned so far, but as well as signing Hastings today, Glasgow also signed up Paddy Kelly and George Horne on one year deals.

Both promising youngsters, Horne in particular had a very decent cameo the other week against against Dragons.

We really have been blessed with a very decent crop of young players over the past few years and we do seem to be getting a lot better at bringing them through. Hopefully they will be eased into some Glasgow game time next season and will get their chance to make their claims.

BigGee
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by 123456789 Thu 06 Apr 2017, 4:12 pm

I think Hastings to Glasgow move in rugby terms, however it is a damning indictment for Edinburgh as a club.
Hastings is an Edinburgh boy, Edinburgh do not have a good fly-half. He should be the kind of player they're looking at. However at Glasgow Hastings will be playing as second choice behind one of the top 5 fly-halves in Europe, he's almost guaranteed Rugby during the Six Nations and November and it is about time Scotland looked toward having two fly-halves who can actually play the sport they're paid to.
Edinburgh's future is not as bleak as is being portrayed; they have a decent selection of forwards who under Cockerill will only get better. I haven't watched a lot of Edinburgh over the last couple of years but when I have Bresler, Toolis and Gichrist all appear to have more natural rugby ability than Geoff Parling who under Cockerill became a test Lion in 2013. In the front row they have, in Dickinson and Nel, two players who would be in Lions contention if it weren't for injury, Ford has his flaws and plenty of detractors but he is a 100 cap+ Scotland player and would be first choice at most clubs. In the back row they have Hamish Watson who is a Lions contender, Du Preez who on form is an incredibly destructive back rower, Ritchie who has bags of potential as does Bradbury. Their backs are limited but still Hidalgo-Clyne for instance, should be the Scotland scrum-half yet at the moment is nowhere near, Kinghorn is a future international. There is no way on earth Edinburgh should be sat with just four wins and frankly their performances this year have been a disgrace considering we only have two professional teams in Scotland. I think Cockerill will turn them into a very, very good team but Hodge should be looking around for a new job. Scotland must have an alternative backs coach at one of the prem clubs. Or even at one of the universities, Edinburgh, Glasgow and St. Andrews all reached the latter stages of the cups and Strathclyde play at a high level as well. Hodge cannot be one of the top three backs coaches in Scotland.

Back to top Go down

Post by RuggerRadge2611 Thu 06 Apr 2017, 4:15 pm

George Carlin wrote:
RuggerRadge2611 wrote:

Well I don't know if this makes me feel better or worse to be honest. I'll be getting it done eventually and inevitably but it is just a question of when.

I also don't know if I have the courage to go round and have another little one. Having a very needy and hormonal 19month old is bad enough without potentially bringing another into the mix.
RuggerRadge2611
RuggerRadge2611

Back to top Go down

Post by IanBru Thu 06 Apr 2017, 4:38 pm

Today on the forum:
IanBru
IanBru

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Thu 06 Apr 2017, 4:45 pm

In other news someone has made a Hamish Watson super cut and it is glorious

http://rugbyonslaughter.blogspot.co.uk/2017/04/video-if-you-are-not-yet-aware-how-good.html?m=1

Be careful opening this at work - some of the ads below the vid are NSFW

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Hazel Sapling Thu 06 Apr 2017, 4:47 pm

Looking at the Edinburgh squad listing by FES, is McCallum going to be a loosehead or a tighthead moving forward? At the moment, he looks comfortable at tighthead and would make an excellent 3rd choice. If Nel was/is healthy, Bryce could do with learning his trade at LS.

Ras is a 13 whose body type I prefer at 12 (rotund and powerful). Ras at 13 may be the way forward if Ras can't get above 3rd choice at 12. G Bryce played well for Glasgow at OC before succumbing to Edinburgh's malaise.

Helu ought to be gone. Not that much better than what else is there even if he offers something different. Northam as well (as unlucky as he is with injury). A big bodied wing who can stay healthy is needed.

That Edinburgh squad has players who have shown at disjointed times some real promise and are like Spurs of the late 90's/early 2000's. Good players, who for whatever reason, who combined don't equal the sum of the parts. Hopefully Cockerill can lead them into the top 4.

Hazel Sapling

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Thu 06 Apr 2017, 4:50 pm

RDW_Scotland wrote:In other news someone has made a Hamish Watson super cut and it is glorious

http://rugbyonslaughter.blogspot.co.uk/2017/04/video-if-you-are-not-yet-aware-how-good.html?m=1

Here's the SFW version

https://youtu.be/btY8eG615LE

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbopip Thu 06 Apr 2017, 5:03 pm

IanBru wrote:Today on the forum:

And Bru continues to amuse us with his stones. laughing

jimbopip

Back to top Go down

Post by BigGee Thu 06 Apr 2017, 5:31 pm

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/rugby-union/39519424

An interview with Oli Keeble, the new Glasgow prop coming in from the Stormers.

Seem to comfirm the theory that he is coming in as a project player, he says that he would like to play for Scotland at some point in the future if he can.

Also says that he will meet up with Dave Rennie this weekend after the Stormers play the Chiefs. Jonathon Humphries will be going down there to join them for that.

BigGee
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by RuggerRadge2611 Thu 06 Apr 2017, 6:31 pm

RDW_Scotland wrote:
RDW_Scotland wrote:In other news someone has made a Hamish Watson super cut and it is glorious

Here's the SFW version

https://youtu.be/btY8eG615LE

He is one of the best open-sided Flankers in the UK, absolutely astonishing stuff. Could you imagine the hype if he was English or Welsh?
RuggerRadge2611
RuggerRadge2611

Back to top Go down

Post by tigertattie Fri 07 Apr 2017, 9:25 am

Welcome back gaffer

Just going to throw this out there, but adverts on the internet are tailored to the viewer based on their cookies and internet history! Just saying! kiss
tigertattie
tigertattie

Back to top Go down

Post by EST Fri 07 Apr 2017, 9:48 am

RDW_Scotland wrote:I'm sure you'll all be glad to hear I'm back from my travels now having been to New York, Vegas, Seattle and Vancouver - an epic trip.

Edinburgh - picard

How was the trip RDW? The missus and I did a similar one last year, I loved Seattle.

EST

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbopip Fri 07 Apr 2017, 10:34 am

EST wrote:

Edinburgh - picard

How was the trip RDW?  The missus and I did a similar one last year, I loved Seattle.

"Good night Seattle, I love you." Frasier Crane.

So now we know; EST = Empathetic, Sympathetic, Therapist.

jimbopip

Back to top Go down

Post by EST Fri 07 Apr 2017, 11:12 am

jimbopip wrote:
EST wrote:

Edinburgh - picard

How was the trip RDW?  The missus and I did a similar one last year, I loved Seattle.

"Good night Seattle, I love you." Frasier Crane.

I've been rumbled, Jim.

I can imagine Jimbo as the Marty Crane of v2!

EST

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbopip Fri 07 Apr 2017, 11:28 am

Hug Laugh

When yo get round to meeting the Bruster, try not tmention the uncanny resemblance to Niles Crane.

jimbopip

Back to top Go down

Post by funnyExiledScot Fri 07 Apr 2017, 12:30 pm

jimbopip wrote:
EST wrote:

Edinburgh - picard

"Good night Seattle, I we love you." Frasier Crane.

Come on now. He only sings it at the end of every episode.

funnyExiledScot

Back to top Go down

Post by IanBru Fri 07 Apr 2017, 3:24 pm

jimbopip wrote:Hug Laugh

When yo get round to meeting the Bruster, try not tmention the uncanny resemblance to Niles Crane.
That's depressingly true.
IanBru
IanBru

Back to top Go down

Post by funnyExiledScot Fri 07 Apr 2017, 3:47 pm

IanBru wrote:
jimbopip wrote:Hug Laugh

That's depressingly true.

My favourite Niles Crane quote:

- Niles arrives at Frasier's wearing a suit:

Frasier: Is that appropriate baseball-watching attire?

Niles: Obviously, you failed to detect the subtle diamond pattern in my tie!

funnyExiledScot

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Fri 07 Apr 2017, 4:01 pm

EST wrote:

Edinburgh - picard

New York was great but slightly underwhelming as a city - maybe we built it up too much and living in London has set the bar for big cities! We still had an amazing time though - went to see the New York Knicks at Madison SQ. American sporting events are a lot more exciting than Edinburgh games that's for sure!

Vegas was just utterly bonkers as a city - it was great fun but absolutely bankrupted us (the gambling didn't go too well). It was amazing walking round all the hotels with the Venetian being the most insane (you can go on gondola rides inside the hotel!).

Mrs RDW loved Seattle and I enjoyed it too but I was again a little underwhelmed - Pike Place market was fantastic and there were great bars and places to eat but the seafront was just a bit meh (both in terns of the view and the shops along the front). We were also walking along 2nd Avenue at night and there were open drug deals being done and people were shooting up on the street!. We went to see Game of Thrones live with a full orchestra and the actual composer - that was one of the highlights of the trip.

Vancouver was by far our favourite - we'd love to live there one day. The city is amazing and the scenery overlooking the city was utterly spectacular. Stanley Park was incredible and we loved the aquarium. Grouse mountain was only 20 minutes away and spectacular scenery.

So it was a truly unforgettable trip but we've near bankrupted ourselves!

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbopip Fri 07 Apr 2017, 4:06 pm

RDW_Scotland wrote:
EST wrote:

Edinburgh - picard

New York was great but slightly underwhelming as a city - maybe we built it up too much and living in London has set the bar for big cities! We still had an amazing time though - went to see the New York Knicks at Madison SQ. American sporting events paint drying contests are a lot more exciting than Edinburgh games that's for sure!

Vegas was just utterly bonkers as a city - it was great fun but absolutely bankrupted us (the gambling didn't go too well). It was amazing walking round all the hotels with the Venetian being the most insane (you can go on gondola rides inside the hotel!).

Mrs RDW loved Seattle and I enjoyed it too but I was again a little underwhelmed - Pike Place market was fantastic and there were great bars and places to eat but the seafront was just a bit meh (both in terns of the view and the shops along the front). We were also walking along 2nd Avenue at night and there were open drug deals being done and people were shooting up on the street!. We went to see Game of Thrones live with a full orchestra and the actual composer - that was one of the highlights of the trip. Are you saying Khaleesi was doing her kit off routine while some guy waved his baton and the horns went into overdrive? In public?

Vancouver was by far our favourite - we'd love to live there one day. The city is amazing and the scenery overlooking the city was utterly spectacular. Stanley Park was incredible and we loved the aquarium. Grouse mountain was only 20 minutes away and spectacular scenery.

So it was s truly unforgettable trip but we've near bankrupted ourselves!

jimbopip

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Fri 07 Apr 2017, 4:12 pm

Unfortunately they cut all the nudity!

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by funnyExiledScot Fri 07 Apr 2017, 4:25 pm

RDW_Scotland wrote:Unfortunately they cut all the nudity!

That's doesn't leave much of Game of Thrones left does it?

The trip sounds cool. I've been to all of those places with the exception of Vegas, and would heartily concur that Vancouver is the best. Wonderful city. The only North American cities that come close I'd say are San Francisco and Boston (although Salt Lake City is stunning if Mormon weirdness doesn't bother you). New York has been ruined for me by work.

funnyExiledScot

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 21 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 12 ... 21  Next