The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Culture Cup v3 - NOW OPEN FOR VOTING - Round Eight: TV Show/Film that should be remade - Voting open until Saturday

+6
rIck_dAgless
Hero
ChequeredJersey
superflyweight
Galted
Samo
10 posters

Go down

Which TV programme or Film would do well with a remake or reboot?

Culture Cup v3 - NOW OPEN FOR VOTING - Round Eight: TV Show/Film that should be remade - Voting open until Saturday  Vote_lcap9%Culture Cup v3 - NOW OPEN FOR VOTING - Round Eight: TV Show/Film that should be remade - Voting open until Saturday  Vote_rcap 9% 
[ 4 ]
Culture Cup v3 - NOW OPEN FOR VOTING - Round Eight: TV Show/Film that should be remade - Voting open until Saturday  Vote_lcap4%Culture Cup v3 - NOW OPEN FOR VOTING - Round Eight: TV Show/Film that should be remade - Voting open until Saturday  Vote_rcap 4% 
[ 2 ]
Culture Cup v3 - NOW OPEN FOR VOTING - Round Eight: TV Show/Film that should be remade - Voting open until Saturday  Vote_lcap6%Culture Cup v3 - NOW OPEN FOR VOTING - Round Eight: TV Show/Film that should be remade - Voting open until Saturday  Vote_rcap 6% 
[ 3 ]
Culture Cup v3 - NOW OPEN FOR VOTING - Round Eight: TV Show/Film that should be remade - Voting open until Saturday  Vote_lcap2%Culture Cup v3 - NOW OPEN FOR VOTING - Round Eight: TV Show/Film that should be remade - Voting open until Saturday  Vote_rcap 2% 
[ 1 ]
Culture Cup v3 - NOW OPEN FOR VOTING - Round Eight: TV Show/Film that should be remade - Voting open until Saturday  Vote_lcap4%Culture Cup v3 - NOW OPEN FOR VOTING - Round Eight: TV Show/Film that should be remade - Voting open until Saturday  Vote_rcap 4% 
[ 2 ]
Culture Cup v3 - NOW OPEN FOR VOTING - Round Eight: TV Show/Film that should be remade - Voting open until Saturday  Vote_lcap11%Culture Cup v3 - NOW OPEN FOR VOTING - Round Eight: TV Show/Film that should be remade - Voting open until Saturday  Vote_rcap 11% 
[ 5 ]
Culture Cup v3 - NOW OPEN FOR VOTING - Round Eight: TV Show/Film that should be remade - Voting open until Saturday  Vote_lcap9%Culture Cup v3 - NOW OPEN FOR VOTING - Round Eight: TV Show/Film that should be remade - Voting open until Saturday  Vote_rcap 9% 
[ 4 ]
[ 2 ]
Culture Cup v3 - NOW OPEN FOR VOTING - Round Eight: TV Show/Film that should be remade - Voting open until Saturday  Vote_lcap11%Culture Cup v3 - NOW OPEN FOR VOTING - Round Eight: TV Show/Film that should be remade - Voting open until Saturday  Vote_rcap 11% 
[ 5 ]
Culture Cup v3 - NOW OPEN FOR VOTING - Round Eight: TV Show/Film that should be remade - Voting open until Saturday  Vote_lcap6%Culture Cup v3 - NOW OPEN FOR VOTING - Round Eight: TV Show/Film that should be remade - Voting open until Saturday  Vote_rcap 6% 
[ 3 ]
Culture Cup v3 - NOW OPEN FOR VOTING - Round Eight: TV Show/Film that should be remade - Voting open until Saturday  Vote_lcap13%Culture Cup v3 - NOW OPEN FOR VOTING - Round Eight: TV Show/Film that should be remade - Voting open until Saturday  Vote_rcap 13% 
[ 6 ]
Culture Cup v3 - NOW OPEN FOR VOTING - Round Eight: TV Show/Film that should be remade - Voting open until Saturday  Vote_lcap2%Culture Cup v3 - NOW OPEN FOR VOTING - Round Eight: TV Show/Film that should be remade - Voting open until Saturday  Vote_rcap 2% 
[ 1 ]
[ 4 ]
[ 2 ]
[ 1 ]
[ 2 ]

Total Votes : 47

Poll closed

Culture Cup v3 - NOW OPEN FOR VOTING - Round Eight: TV Show/Film that should be remade - Voting open until Saturday  Empty Culture Cup v3 - NOW OPEN FOR VOTING - Round Eight: TV Show/Film that should be remade - Voting open until Saturday

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Mon 02 Apr 2018, 11:57 pm

So, with Easter and illness behind you and I, we move onward to round eight. Round Eight, to give it it's correct title, is on TV programmes (or shows) or films that our competitors believe would do well with a remake or reboot. Now, if they have understood the question, this means they would be able to not only completely start over, but also the option to just carry on from where they were or go onward in some different direction. This is certainly more relevant to fictional TV programmes, and fiction seems to be where most of our noble souls have flown towards.

As ever, please vote for two, and please be ashamed of yourselves when you vote for sh*t.

Last edited by Dolphin Ziggler on Wed 11 Apr 2018, 8:58 pm; edited 2 times in total

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Culture Cup v3 - NOW OPEN FOR VOTING - Round Eight: TV Show/Film that should be remade - Voting open until Saturday  Empty Re: Culture Cup v3 - NOW OPEN FOR VOTING - Round Eight: TV Show/Film that should be remade - Voting open until Saturday

Post by Samo Tue 03 Apr 2018, 9:01 pm

Firefly is a grossly underrated Sci-fi which was ended way before it should have been. +10 points to the person who picked that.

Samo

Back to top Go down

Culture Cup v3 - NOW OPEN FOR VOTING - Round Eight: TV Show/Film that should be remade - Voting open until Saturday  Empty Re: Culture Cup v3 - NOW OPEN FOR VOTING - Round Eight: TV Show/Film that should be remade - Voting open until Saturday

Post by JuliusHMarx Tue 03 Apr 2018, 9:11 pm

"Tennis club"? What the f*cking f*ck?

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Tue 03 Apr 2018, 9:19 pm

JuliusHMarx wrote:"Tennis club"? What the f*cking f*ck?

It seemed topical.

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Tue 03 Apr 2018, 9:20 pm

On the choices, I don't really think anyone should be voting for I'm Alan Partridge as he is constantly reusing the character on TV.

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Hero Tue 03 Apr 2018, 9:31 pm

Did I get my first or second choice?

Hero
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Tue 03 Apr 2018, 9:55 pm

I'm refusing to vote on this round. We should let the past remain in the past. We should be creative and try new ideas instead of vainly and uninspiringly trying to re-capture past glories.
A sentiment I'm sure we would all agree with if only given the chance to vote on it.

Culture, not censorship!

Superstars is not a bad shout though.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Tue 03 Apr 2018, 10:09 pm

JuliusHMarx wrote:I'm refusing to vote on this round. We should let the past remain in the past. We should be creative and try new ideas instead of vainly and uninspiringly trying to re-capture past glories.
A sentiment I'm sure we would all agree with if only given the chance to vote on it.

Culture, not censorship!

My feeling was that you could answer "none" in the same way you could answer "many" to funniest book. And that if everyone bought into your rebellious philosophy then there'd be anarchy in this competition as you could all pick no option in every round or refuse to give a second choice then demand you get the points for whoever got the first.

Equally, there can be new ideas woven into old formats. There are plenty good examples of reboots and remakes working brilliantly - TV and film are only constructs of entertainment, after all. I don't like Doctor Who, but is that entertaining millions any better or worse than Breaking Bad entertaining millions? It's all just entertainment in the end.

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Tue 03 Apr 2018, 10:09 pm

Hero wrote:Did I get my first or second choice?

Fist

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Tue 03 Apr 2018, 10:24 pm

Dolphin Ziggler wrote:
JuliusHMarx wrote:I'm refusing to vote on this round. We should let the past remain in the past. We should be creative and try new ideas instead of vainly and uninspiringly trying to re-capture past glories.

Culture, not censorship!

My feeling was...

Don't care.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Tue 03 Apr 2018, 11:04 pm

The hypocrisy of complaining about censorship and then doing that.

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Wed 04 Apr 2018, 7:13 am

Did I get my first or second pick?

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Wed 04 Apr 2018, 9:42 am

Did I get my first or second selection?

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Wed 04 Apr 2018, 9:45 am

JuliusHMarx wrote:
Dolphin Ziggler wrote:

Culture, not censorship!

My feeling was...

Don't care.

Dolphin Ziggler wrote:The hypocrisy of complaining about censorship and then doing that.

Just mucking around with the strikeout function. A thicker line would be good.

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by superflyweight Wed 04 Apr 2018, 1:20 pm

I voted for my own because no one else will and the rest of the list is a right load of sh1te.

Jules - presumably (for the reasons you've stated) you would put an end to the staging of Shakespeare's plays?

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Wed 04 Apr 2018, 2:31 pm

superflyweight wrote:I voted for my own because no one else will and the rest of the list is a right load of sh1te.  

Jules - presumably (for the reasons you've stated) you would put an end to the staging of Shakespeare's plays?    

I would, they're tear-inducingly tedious. And there's always some prick sitting beside you who needs the whole audience to be aware that he knows all the f*cking punchlines and that he finds 400 year old jokes funny.

I voted for celebrity death match as the idea of real celebrities killing each other appeals to me. I also voted for Blackadder as the script contains much extraneous silliness.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by superflyweight Wed 04 Apr 2018, 2:36 pm

We should kill the pricks first and then give the plays a chance. If they're still sh1te then we put them on the fire.

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Wed 04 Apr 2018, 2:37 pm

Charles Dickens can get in the sea as well...

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Wed 04 Apr 2018, 2:41 pm

superflyweight wrote:We should kill the pricks first and then give the plays a chance.  If they're still sh1te then we put them on the fire.  

I'd go along with that. You could even make a case for staging more plays to lure the pricks into the open.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Wed 04 Apr 2018, 2:45 pm

rick_dagless wrote:Charles Dickens can get in the sea as well...

I generally find Dickens quite readable, though the character names he chose were sh*t and he relied too much on bizarrely improbable coincidences. I would also criticise how meek and saintly the female characters often were if it didn't offend the fat-arse blue-hair brigade so much.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Wed 04 Apr 2018, 2:46 pm

How low has the culture cup sunk that it now involves debate on Shakespeare and Dickens?

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Wed 04 Apr 2018, 2:47 pm

He was a bang average soap opera writer, who, although good to read to shoite for brains peasants, as they were unable to, needs to f**k off now.

"Hello Master Cutechild, I am afraid you are going to have to stay with Uncle Fritzl..." Stay tuned next week to find out if it ends happily ever after!

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Wed 04 Apr 2018, 2:50 pm

rick_dagless wrote:He was a bang average soap opera writer, who, although good to read to shoite for brains peasants, as they were unable to, needs to f**k off now.

"Hello Master Cutechild, I am afraid you are going to have to stay with Uncle Fritzl..." Stay tuned next week to find out if it ends happily ever after!

Lol out loud. Uncle Fritzl.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Wed 04 Apr 2018, 2:51 pm

His story-telling wasn't the greatest but the quality of the writing was. He's a bit like James Joyce in that respect.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by superflyweight Wed 04 Apr 2018, 4:01 pm

Dickens is mostly great and Bleak House is a masterpiece. The TV and film adaptations tend not to do his work any favours though.

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

Post by ChequeredJersey Wed 04 Apr 2018, 5:49 pm

Not sure I agree Firefly is underrated (most who’ve seen it seem to rate it) but it is bloody brilliant!
ChequeredJersey
ChequeredJersey

Back to top Go down

Post by ChequeredJersey Wed 04 Apr 2018, 5:51 pm

Dickens was fantastic at conveying social issues into an engaging story. His style in doing so was very different to the Bard but both are rightly revered. Not sure he translates well to the screen though. Except when one uses Muppets and/or musical numbers to do so
ChequeredJersey
ChequeredJersey

Back to top Go down

Post by ChequeredJersey Wed 04 Apr 2018, 5:52 pm

Noel’s House Party with snipers sounds great
ChequeredJersey
ChequeredJersey

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Wed 04 Apr 2018, 7:52 pm

superflyweight wrote:I voted for my own because no one else will and the rest of the list is a right load of sh1te.  

No, but I don't want any sequels.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by Hero Wed 04 Apr 2018, 8:33 pm

JuliusHMarx wrote:

No, but I don't want any sequels.

Culture Cup v3

Hero
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Wed 04 Apr 2018, 8:37 pm

I’ve heard if Jules doesn’t go to the premiere then he won’t even watch a film.

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Thu 05 Apr 2018, 6:27 am

Possible Blackadder remake episodes:

1. Dunkirk
2. The Desert War
3. Out of India
4. The Mau Mau in Kenya
5. The Suez
6. Malaya
7. [Nearly] Vietnam
8. Falkland Is.
9. Poll Tax Riots
10. Afghanistan
11. Goodbye Iraq
12. Bradford

Plenty of material to work with there...

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Thu 05 Apr 2018, 10:21 am

Blackadder - Bradford

Would be interesting...

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Thu 05 Apr 2018, 11:33 am

So too the Mau Mau.

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Thu 05 Apr 2018, 3:09 pm

Spent 90% of my time watching Fun House when i was little and Rainbow Laugh

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Thu 05 Apr 2018, 6:33 pm

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-41349976

Happy now Flipper?

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Thu 05 Apr 2018, 6:49 pm

LATE ENTRY FROM JULES

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Thu 05 Apr 2018, 7:58 pm

It wasn't my entry - it was yet another example of what this sort of thinking leads to. Shameful.

(Can people change their vote to me?)

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down