The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Culture Cup v3 - Round Four - Voting open until Wednesday

+5
Beer
compelling and rich
The Womble
Galted
Dolphin Ziggler
9 posters

Go down

The Best Fictional Retelling of a Non-Fiction Story (On TV or Film)

Culture Cup v3 - Round Four - Voting open until Wednesday Vote_lcap16%Culture Cup v3 - Round Four - Voting open until Wednesday Vote_rcap 16% 
[ 10 ]
Culture Cup v3 - Round Four - Voting open until Wednesday Vote_lcap0%Culture Cup v3 - Round Four - Voting open until Wednesday Vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
Culture Cup v3 - Round Four - Voting open until Wednesday Vote_lcap7%Culture Cup v3 - Round Four - Voting open until Wednesday Vote_rcap 7% 
[ 4 ]
Culture Cup v3 - Round Four - Voting open until Wednesday Vote_lcap2%Culture Cup v3 - Round Four - Voting open until Wednesday Vote_rcap 2% 
[ 1 ]
Culture Cup v3 - Round Four - Voting open until Wednesday Vote_lcap2%Culture Cup v3 - Round Four - Voting open until Wednesday Vote_rcap 2% 
[ 1 ]
[ 1 ]
Culture Cup v3 - Round Four - Voting open until Wednesday Vote_lcap8%Culture Cup v3 - Round Four - Voting open until Wednesday Vote_rcap 8% 
[ 5 ]
Culture Cup v3 - Round Four - Voting open until Wednesday Vote_lcap13%Culture Cup v3 - Round Four - Voting open until Wednesday Vote_rcap 13% 
[ 8 ]
Culture Cup v3 - Round Four - Voting open until Wednesday Vote_lcap3%Culture Cup v3 - Round Four - Voting open until Wednesday Vote_rcap 3% 
[ 2 ]
Culture Cup v3 - Round Four - Voting open until Wednesday Vote_lcap5%Culture Cup v3 - Round Four - Voting open until Wednesday Vote_rcap 5% 
[ 3 ]
Culture Cup v3 - Round Four - Voting open until Wednesday Vote_lcap8%Culture Cup v3 - Round Four - Voting open until Wednesday Vote_rcap 8% 
[ 5 ]
Culture Cup v3 - Round Four - Voting open until Wednesday Vote_lcap3%Culture Cup v3 - Round Four - Voting open until Wednesday Vote_rcap 3% 
[ 2 ]
[ 2 ]
Culture Cup v3 - Round Four - Voting open until Wednesday Vote_lcap15%Culture Cup v3 - Round Four - Voting open until Wednesday Vote_rcap 15% 
[ 9 ]
[ 5 ]
[ 1 ]
[ 1 ]
Culture Cup v3 - Round Four - Voting open until Wednesday Vote_lcap1%Culture Cup v3 - Round Four - Voting open until Wednesday Vote_rcap 1% 
[ 1 ]

Total Votes : 61

Poll closed

Culture Cup v3 - Round Four - Voting open until Wednesday Empty Culture Cup v3 - Round Four - Voting open until Wednesday

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Sun 25 Feb 2018, 9:56 pm

Well then, we are three rounds down and things have really started to heat up. We've lost people, gained another two and learned a lot about love. Fernando (Nando) has roared into the competition with a spike and SecretFly's head attached atop of it. Marky has meekly waved and walked through the open door.

SecretFly's retirement has left Shah as the only man on 0 points overall, which I hear he is putting down to discrimination.

This round, the fourth one, will be follow in the footsteps of Die Hard by waiting till its fourth instalment to put the best show on. The best fictional retelling of a non-fiction story, a category we all think about all the time anyway. Picks are as follows.

VOTE FOR TWO (GALTED ESPECIALLY)

Last edited by Dolphin Ziggler on Thu 01 Mar 2018, 4:44 pm; edited 2 times in total

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Culture Cup v3 - Round Four - Voting open until Wednesday Empty Re: Culture Cup v3 - Round Four - Voting open until Wednesday

Post by Galted Sun 25 Feb 2018, 10:34 pm

My TWO votes went as follows:
Goodfellas
Man on the Moon

Was tempted to go for Schindler's List and/or Band of Brothers but I laugh in the face of temptation. I'm ashamed to say that I still haven't seen Raging Bull.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Culture Cup v3 - Round Four - Voting open until Wednesday Empty Re: Culture Cup v3 - Round Four - Voting open until Wednesday

Post by The Womble Mon 26 Feb 2018, 9:20 am

Went for Remember The Titans and Raging Bull. Remember The Titans is a spectacular film with a pretty decent soundtrack too. Raging Bull is a classic, simple.
The Womble
The Womble

Back to top Go down

Post by compelling and rich Mon 26 Feb 2018, 9:40 am

someones voted for legend with tom hardy picard

the one with martin kemp was better!

compelling and rich

Back to top Go down

Post by Beer Mon 26 Feb 2018, 11:36 am

Voted for my choice and Man on the Moon.

I'd thoroughly recommend the Netflix Documentary on Jim Carrey and that film, it's absolutely superb.

Beer

Location : 'Whose kids are these? And how'd they get in my Lincoln?'

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Mon 26 Feb 2018, 12:15 pm

I found it a bit hit and miss, that documentary. Jim Carrey can be hard to listen to

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Samo Mon 26 Feb 2018, 1:37 pm

Surprised no one picked Titanic.

Samo

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Mon 26 Feb 2018, 1:44 pm

Went for my own choice and Schindler's List, which was my second choice.
Goodfellas is over-rated in my opinion.
I didn't go for The 300 despite buying fish & chips at The 300 Spartans many times when I was a lad.
I don't remember the Titans.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Mon 26 Feb 2018, 1:58 pm

I never vote for my own choice.

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Mon 26 Feb 2018, 2:05 pm

rick_dagless wrote:I never vote for my own choice.

You're an honourable man rick, which should have meant that you were disqualified from participating.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Mon 26 Feb 2018, 2:12 pm

Cheers, Jules, I need to up my game, clearly.

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by Beer Mon 26 Feb 2018, 2:39 pm

Dolphin Ziggler wrote:I found it a bit hit and miss, that documentary. Jim Carrey can be hard to listen to

Agreed, however it was fascinating how into the character he went.

Beer

Location : 'Whose kids are these? And how'd they get in my Lincoln?'

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Mon 26 Feb 2018, 4:32 pm

Gone for The Aviator and In Cold Blood. Thought Catch Me If You Can would be a better choice than Aviator, but I prefer the latter. Another amazing Leo performance.

Underwhelmed by both Goodfellas and Serpico. Rewatched Goodfellas recently and I stopped halfway through as I was bored. Serpico didn't hit its point well enough and could be prime for a remake.

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by superflyweight Tue 27 Feb 2018, 10:10 am

Dolphin Ziggler wrote:Gone for The Aviator and In Cold Blood. Thought Catch Me If You Can would be a better choice than Aviator, but I prefer the latter. Another amazing Leo performance.

Underwhelmed by both Goodfellas and Serpico. Rewatched Goodfellas recently and I stopped halfway through as I was bored. Serpico didn't hit its point well enough and could be prime for a remake.

You sir, are an idiot!

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Tue 27 Feb 2018, 12:10 pm

superflyweight wrote:
Dolphin Ziggler wrote:Gone for The Aviator and In Cold Blood. Thought Catch Me If You Can would be a better choice than Aviator, but I prefer the latter. Another amazing Leo performance.

You sir, are an idiot!

Which one? Serpico really drifts and Goodfellas I enjoyed first time but less so now. Might have had to stop before it heated up properly though. Serpico is well acted but entirely underestimated the scale of what was being done and does not hit enough salient details within it. It’s just “there’s corruption going on and that’s bad”

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Tue 27 Feb 2018, 2:50 pm

Dolphin Ziggler wrote:Gone for The Aviator and In Cold Blood.

I take it In Cold Blood was the second vote, the one you're not using to teach me that having two votes is a privilege and not a right?

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Tue 27 Feb 2018, 3:27 pm

I’m impressed by your comprehension skills

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Tue 27 Feb 2018, 3:28 pm

Thank you, it took a long time in deciphering though.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by superflyweight Tue 27 Feb 2018, 3:45 pm

Dolphin Ziggler wrote:
superflyweight wrote:

You sir, are an idiot!

Which one? Serpico really drifts and Goodfellas I enjoyed first time but less so now. Might have had to stop before it heated up properly though. Serpico is well acted but entirely underestimated the scale of what was being done and does not hit enough salient details within it. It’s just “there’s corruption going on and that’s bad”

I agree on Serpico - it's a film I've only seen once and not one I'd go out of my way to watch again. However, Goodfellas is clearly and by any definition, objectively brilliant.

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down