The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

+17
BlueCoverman
skiddy
Davie
incontinentia
kwinigolfer
Roller_Coaster
George1507
pedro
I'm never wrong
westisbest
McLaren
JAS
dynamark
navyblueshorts
beninho
Soul Requiem
super_realist
21 posters

Page 7 of 20 Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 13 ... 20  Next

Go down

Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread - Page 7 Empty Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

Post by super_realist Tue 19 May 2020, 7:58 am

First topic message reminder :

I'm fine with immigration of people who bring value to the country in one way or another, who wouldn't be? What I'm not in favour of is people who bring nothing to the country in terms of skills, education, money etc. I wouldn't expect the many millions of useless Britons to be able to go the other way either just for balance.

What policy is has actively being engaged to stop people of a particular race unable to enter the country anyway? I've not seen any.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread - Page 7 Empty Re: Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

Post by beninho Mon 25 May 2020, 3:47 pm

Being held at downing Street.

beninho

Back to top Go down

Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread - Page 7 Empty Re: Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

Post by super_realist Mon 25 May 2020, 3:49 pm

Very unlikely to be a resignation sadly.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by beninho Mon 25 May 2020, 3:50 pm

Maybe he will say he went to pizza express?

beninho

Back to top Go down

Post by McLaren Mon 25 May 2020, 4:40 pm

This is a car crash. His argument is essentially I thought it was safe to break lockdown rules and so I did. Yeh well, everyone had reasons for breaking lockdown but ultimately didn't for the greater good.
McLaren
McLaren

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Mon 25 May 2020, 4:47 pm

I'm not sure how Boris thought there was any political capital to be made out of this. If he'd sacked him he could have gained credibility but by letting him stay he's opened the door wide for Labour. Suicide on all accounts even if I'm not a fan of this hair trigger sacking wave that seems to occur when anyone does one thing wrong.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by Soul Requiem Mon 25 May 2020, 4:50 pm

Hole being dug deeper.

Soul Requiem

Back to top Go down

Post by McLaren Mon 25 May 2020, 4:55 pm

Actually almost feel bad for him. This is a slow painful death of his career.
McLaren
McLaren

Back to top Go down

Post by McLaren Mon 25 May 2020, 4:57 pm

Now blaming the media. He doesn't get it. Even if all he did was drive to the cottage and stay there for 14 days,he still broke the rules.

Last edited by McLaren on Mon 25 May 2020, 4:59 pm; edited 1 time in total
McLaren
McLaren

Back to top Go down

Post by I'm never wrong Mon 25 May 2020, 4:58 pm

Why couldn't he attend meetings virtually?

I'm never wrong

Back to top Go down

Post by kwinigolfer Mon 25 May 2020, 5:01 pm

McLaren wrote:Now blaming the media. He doesn't get it. Even if all he did was drive to the cottage and stay there for 14 days,he still broke the rules.

A page out of the Drumpf coaching manual . . . . . . . . . .

How you're keeping a child safe by exposing him/her to infected people is quite beyond comprehension.

kwinigolfer

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Mon 25 May 2020, 5:04 pm

Why is he that bothered in regards to children getting it? As far as we have been told they are the least affected demographic in the entire world.

Last edited by super_realist on Mon 25 May 2020, 5:09 pm; edited 1 time in total

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by Soul Requiem Mon 25 May 2020, 5:06 pm

I am struggling to understand how Boris and Co have looked at this and thought we'll try explaining it away, get rid of him for the foreseeable and sneak him through the back door in the future if need be.

Soul Requiem

Back to top Go down

Post by skiddy Mon 25 May 2020, 5:10 pm

Given he is pretty much the PM, is this the end of the most shambolic government in modern history?
Bar the chancellor, none of them can tie their own shoelaces. Mind you he may have even ruined Rishi Sunak's career also.

skiddy

Back to top Go down

Post by McLaren Mon 25 May 2020, 5:33 pm

Is his wife not allowed to drive?
McLaren
McLaren

Back to top Go down

Post by skiddy Mon 25 May 2020, 5:38 pm

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/politics/2020/05/25/irate-anti-cummings-agitators-no-10s-useful-idiots/

How far does this guy have his head up DC's a**?

skiddy

Back to top Go down

Post by beninho Mon 25 May 2020, 6:07 pm

They all lumped in on dc for that?

And why have downing street been no commenting since the 5th April.

beninho

Back to top Go down

Post by kwinigolfer Mon 25 May 2020, 6:17 pm

I love the bit where he said he didn't know whether he could "get tested".
Wonder if he appreciates the irony of that?

kwinigolfer

Back to top Go down

Post by pedro Mon 25 May 2020, 6:25 pm

DC should be sacked for many reasons.
If he thought driving 260 miles during lockdown wouldn’t end up as being highly controversial, his judgment must be so bad he should be sacked for that reason alone.
If not, he must think the public is stupid and should be sacked for that reason also.

pedro

Back to top Go down

Post by Davie Mon 25 May 2020, 6:31 pm

To be fair although I don't like the guy and don't trust him he came out of it reasonably well even though it looked like he had a bad taste in his mouth when admitting with hindsight he possibly made mistakes.
My biggest problem with the statement was that he kept saying the guidelines CLEARLY allowed for extenuating circumstances. Just how clear was that in the guidelines? Buried somewhere deep down in the small print? How many people can honestly say they were aware of this extenuating circumstances clause? Obviously none of the people who suffered greatly by following the headline message that was repeatedly rammed down our throats for the last 8 weeks. When did we ever see a tweet saying stay home, protect the NHS and save lives - unless you are a special case?

Davie

Back to top Go down

Post by McLaren Mon 25 May 2020, 10:41 pm

Davie

I think you highlight the crux of the issue. Ultimately no one is surprised or cares about the idiocy of a PMs spad, what they do care about is not having the lockdown rules Clealry explained. Many horrible situations will have unfolded, for example not being at a dying loved ones side, for people who followed the rules as advertise. If another option was available based on your own judgement this should have been made clear.
McLaren
McLaren

Back to top Go down

Post by Soul Requiem Mon 25 May 2020, 10:50 pm

In fairness this situation has no relevance to funerals, it's just something people are jumping on for shock value.

Soul Requiem

Back to top Go down

Post by kwinigolfer Mon 25 May 2020, 10:54 pm

Soul Requiem wrote:In fairness this situation has no relevance to funerals, it's just something people are jumping on for shock value.

I winder if DC attended his uncle's COVID-related funeral, wonder whether he was permitted to see the Judge whilst he was on his deathbed?

kwinigolfer

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Tue 26 May 2020, 6:16 am

The media synthetic outrage is well over the top thojgh

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by beninho Tue 26 May 2020, 6:41 am

Soul Requiem wrote:In fairness this situation has no relevance to funerals, it's just something people are jumping on for shock value.

I'm not sure, isn't attending a funeral or seeing a dying relative or loved one or your new born child more of an exceptional circumstance than simply being a parent?

beninho

Back to top Go down

Post by beninho Tue 26 May 2020, 6:45 am

super_realist wrote:The media synthetic outrage is well over the top thojgh

I'm not sure, he called a press conference for the journalists, and spun a story. He blamed the media for doing there job, he then expected them to just accept his claims even though they were barely believable in parts. Public feeling seems pretty strong. I think they can feel outraged after how they've been treated.

beninho

Back to top Go down

Post by beninho Tue 26 May 2020, 6:53 am

Anyway, schools opening - though not my sons, shops being told to reopen. People visiting beach's. The lockdown we had is basically gone now. Let's see what happens next.

beninho

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Tue 26 May 2020, 6:56 am

beninho wrote:

I'm not sure, he called a press conference for the journalists, and spun a story. He blamed the media for doing there job, he then expected them to just accept his claims even though they were barely believable in parts. Public feeling seems pretty strong. I think they can feel outraged after how they've been treated.

I mean the level of synthetic outrage. No doubt he was wrong but the media are acting as if he has been caught as a mass murderer. Well over the top.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Tue 26 May 2020, 6:59 am

beninho wrote:Anyway, schools opening - though not my sons, shops being told to reopen. People visiting beach's. The lockdown we had is basically gone now. Let's see what happens next.

It was on the way out anyway and phase one predated this Cummings incident. New cases and deaths in London for example are incredibly low. Its time people got back to work.
Plenty countries have got to this stage without any second spike. I think we are guaranteed to see clusters, but not so sure about a national second spike.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by Soul Requiem Tue 26 May 2020, 7:06 am

Is the media doing their job by stalking and harassing people regardless of anything they may have done, its about time the papers stopped trying to be judge, jury and executioner.

As for the funeral argument, everyone knows it doesn't hold water so do drop the faux outrage for one day.

Soul Requiem

Back to top Go down

Post by beninho Tue 26 May 2020, 7:31 am

I read someone say, asking BJ to sack DC is like asking Orville to sack Keith Harris.

beninho

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Tue 26 May 2020, 7:50 am

beninho wrote:I read someone say, asking BJ to sack DC is like asking Orville to sack Keith Harris.

Twitter humour has never been very good.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by I'm never wrong Tue 26 May 2020, 8:10 am

[quote="kwinigolfer"]
Soul Requiem wrote:I winder if DC attended his uncle's COVID-related funeral, wonder whether he was permitted to see the Judge whilst he was on his deathbed?

I caught a bit if his speech Kwini, and he said none of his family did..

I'm never wrong

Back to top Go down

Post by beninho Tue 26 May 2020, 8:22 am

super_realist wrote:
beninho wrote:I read someone say, asking BJ to sack DC is like asking Orville to sack Keith Harris.

Twitter humour has never been very good.

OK, chuckles.

beninho

Back to top Go down

Post by dynamark Tue 26 May 2020, 9:46 am

Loved the orville and keith harris comment.
Didn't see all of it but still think its a storm in a teacup.Wife was pretty sick kid was sick and Dc was feeling rough.I feel if they had support near home then should have used it but a 4 year old cannot look after themselves with both parents in bed and a bunch of journalists camped on the step.He may well have panicked to an extent seeing how others had been very ill(Boris etc)
Indignant public comments from punters crowded onto Southend beach.
Im still more concerned about the supermarket

dynamark

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Tue 26 May 2020, 9:49 am

My local supermarket is pretty dead provided you go first thing. If you wait until all the lazy deadbeat are up its busy.
Find the face mask paranoia pretty funny when there is no real good evidence they provide any benefit at all and people wearing them out for a walk or in their cars are even more ridiculous.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by Soul Requiem Tue 26 May 2020, 9:57 am

super_realist wrote:My local supermarket is pretty dead provided you go first thing. If you wait until all the lazy deadbeat are up its busy.
Find the face mask paranoia pretty funny when there is no real good evidence they provide any benefit at all and people wearing them out for a walk or in their cars are even more ridiculous.

My work tried making them compulsory but I work in a one man office, have my own personal toilet, kettle, toaster, microwave and have no contact with other people throughout the day, most of who are working from home anyway so I refused.

Soul Requiem

Back to top Go down

Post by navyblueshorts Tue 26 May 2020, 10:13 am

dynamark wrote:Navy for a so called moderator you seem to be getting very angry and loosing the plot somewhat.
Its seems like class war and envy which is a shame.
What did people do who were say working away from home and got sick -got into transport and went home.What about folks on holiday having to isolate when they returned home they travelled to home or a hostel situation in some cases.
I get a feeling there may be something more complex with the youngster that is not public domain-just a feeling.
🤷 You have your opinion. That's fine. Class war and envy? Give over.

Am I angry about this? Oh, yes. Losing the plot? Nope. Wealthy, self-entitled man does whatever the Hell he likes. In other news, the Pope is Catholic etc.
navyblueshorts
navyblueshorts

Back to top Go down

Post by navyblueshorts Tue 26 May 2020, 10:21 am

super_realist wrote:
beninho wrote:

I mean the level of synthetic outrage. No doubt he was wrong but the media are acting as if he has been caught as a mass murderer. Well over the top.
Sorry. I don't give a scheisse about the media, but my anger isn't remotely synthetic.

He broke the rules. He lied. Johnson lied on Saturday re. other trips while in Durham. Barefaced lies, all together w/ a FU attitude to make it that much worse.

The best thing I can can say in Cummings' defence, is he might actually believe he did nothing wrong, hence the boneheaded defence of his position. I can understand that, but it just makes him some sort of minor sociopath.
navyblueshorts
navyblueshorts

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Tue 26 May 2020, 10:30 am

Good for you but I didn't mention you so why make yourself part of a comment you were never in?

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by Soul Requiem Tue 26 May 2020, 10:34 am

navyblueshorts wrote:
dynamark wrote:Navy for a so called moderator you seem to be getting very angry and loosing the plot somewhat.
What did people do who were say working away from home and got sick -got into transport and went home.What about folks on holiday having to isolate when they returned home they travelled to home or a hostel situation in some cases.
I get a feeling there may be something more complex with the youngster that is not public domain-just a feeling.

Am I angry about this? Oh, yes. Losing the plot? Nope. Wealthy, self-entitled man does whatever the Hell he likes. In other news, the Pope is Catholic etc.

Suggests that class is quite a big part of it.

Soul Requiem

Back to top Go down

Post by navyblueshorts Tue 26 May 2020, 11:51 am

super_realist wrote:Good for you but I didn't mention you so why make yourself part of a comment you were never in?
I'm making myself part of it - don't you accept comments of others on your posts?
navyblueshorts
navyblueshorts

Back to top Go down

Post by navyblueshorts Tue 26 May 2020, 11:53 am

Soul Requiem wrote:
navyblueshorts wrote:

Suggests that class is quite a big part of it.

Maybe; maybe not. He's wealthy and by his actions/comments thereafter, I suggest he's self-entitled. My opinion. I take as I find, and I find Cummings to be an idiot of the first order.
navyblueshorts
navyblueshorts

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Tue 26 May 2020, 11:55 am

navyblueshorts wrote:
super_realist wrote:Good for you but I didn't mention you so why make yourself part of a comment you were never in?
I'm making myself part of it - don't you accept comments of others on your posts?

I specifically referred to synthetic outrage of the media, not individuals.
Similarly those morons who are protesting at his house whilst breaching stay at home orders and social distancing are also idiotic.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by Soul Requiem Tue 26 May 2020, 12:00 pm

That may be so and i'm no great fan of Cummings either. I however look at those in faux outrage at this situation and don't wish to be affiliated to them in any way, the kind of people only interested in making political gain out of events, the same people who couldn't give a damn about people dying as long as they can spin it to suit their agenda. This has been happening up and down the country for weeks but as it's ordinary people there's been very little word about it because there is no benefit to them personally saying something and let's be honest unless someone is known to the public who gives a toss anyway?

Should he have resigned or been sacked? Most probably. Am I so wrapped up in self importance that i'll alter my behaviour because of it? No

Soul Requiem

Back to top Go down

Post by dynamark Tue 26 May 2020, 2:16 pm

Navy you mentioned daughter of a baronet you have plainly got an issue -calm down calm down hes not harmed anyone unlike the journos .beach dwellers,labour mps.shop queue ,policeman 2 in a car no masks ,2 tradesmen walking into no 10 this morning in the back of the Tv shot no gloves or PPE in sight and not 2m apart.
Earlier today I heard the word autism mentioned so I still wonder if the youngster has some other problems.
Earlier Roger Gale MP was on saying he knew a lady stuck in a very abusive and dangerous situation who couldn't go to get refuge with her sister for her and the child.The answer surely is yes she can!!

dynamark

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Tue 26 May 2020, 2:22 pm

When backed into a corner, claim "mental health". Autism is the new back pain. It's like a get out of jail card.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by navyblueshorts Tue 26 May 2020, 3:26 pm

dynamark wrote:Navy you mentioned daughter of a baronet you have plainly got an issue -calm down calm down hes not harmed anyone unlike the journos .beach dwellers,labour mps.shop queue ,policeman 2 in a car no masks ,2 tradesmen walking into no 10 this morning in the back of the Tv shot no gloves or PPE in sight and not 2m apart.
Earlier today I heard the word autism mentioned so I still wonder if the youngster has some other problems.
Earlier Roger Gale MP was on saying he knew a lady stuck in a very abusive and dangerous situation who couldn't go to get refuge with her sister for her and the child.The answer surely is yes she can!!
🤷 You have your views. I do not have 'an issue' - stop painting me as something I'm not.

I couldn't give a **** if his wife is a Baronet's daughter. What I very much care about is the man who's a major part of UKG messaging on this is both in breach of his own guidance and has then lied about it. Those others you mention aren't writing/preaching the message. On top of that, we've got the PM and various Cabinet ministers lying to attempt its shutdown as well. I don't give a stuff about any alleged autism and, frankly, I wouldn't believe him now if he said the sun will come up tomorrow.
You also don't know he 'hasn't harmed' anyone - he went north at the time when this virus was spreading like wildfire, from an area (London) of high infection rates, to one where it was almost non-existent at that point.

If this is more of storm than it might have been, that's also entirely Cummings's fault for his attitude over the last couple of years.

I'm sorry you don't understand the magnitude of this.
navyblueshorts
navyblueshorts

Back to top Go down

Post by beninho Tue 26 May 2020, 5:56 pm

The govt the review all fines issued to families claiming to have travelled for childcare during the lockdown. Thats a pretty big issue.

beninho

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Tue 26 May 2020, 6:33 pm

beninho wrote:The govt the review all fines issued to families claiming to have travelled for childcare during the lockdown. Thats a pretty big issue.

They've said they'll review it, they didn't say they'd do anything about it.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by beninho Tue 26 May 2020, 6:39 pm

If, you are able to interpret the guidelines, surely that makes every fibe open to interpretation, and therefore potentially unlawful?

beninho

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 20 Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 13 ... 20  Next