The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

France vs Scotland (Dewch ymlaen Yr Alban!)

+41
Samo
Brendan
westisbest
Heaf
BamBam
Old Man
RiscaGame
formerly known as Sam
Jimmy Moz
king_carlos
chris_501
funnyExiledScot
Luckless Pedestrian
CaptainHaddock
sensisball
George Carlin
doctor_grey
Hazel Sapling
Noble-Surfer
No9
R!skysports
Highland Shaun
Cyril
flyhalffactory
No 7&1/2
jimbopip
NeilyBroon
BigGee
EST
Oakdene
TJ
TheMildlyFranticLlama
mikey_dragon
RDW
Anglobraveheart
whatahitson
Collapse2005
TightHEAD
majesticimperialman
tigertattie
bsando
45 posters

Page 1 of 8 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down

France vs Scotland (Dewch ymlaen Yr Alban!) Empty France vs Scotland (Dewch ymlaen Yr Alban!)

Post by bsando Sun 21 Mar 2021, 5:56 pm

France vs Scotland

Stade de France
Friday 26th of March 2021
KO: 20:00
Referee: Wayne "Barnesy" Barnes (England)
TV Coverage: Live on BBC

Teams

France
15-Brice Dulin, 14-Damian Penaud, 13-Virimi Vakatawa, 12-Arthur Vincent, 11-Gael Fickou, 10-Romain Ntamack, 9-Antoine Dupont; 1-Cyril Baille, 2- Julien Marchand, 3-Mohamed Haouas, 4- Bernard Le Roux, 5-Swan Rebbadj, 6-Anthony Jelonch, Charles Ollivon (capt), 8-Gregory Alldritt.

Replacements: 16-Camille Chat, 17-Jean-Baptiste Gros, 18-Uini Atonio, 19-Romain Taofifenua, 20-Dylan Cretin, 21-Baptiste Serin, 22-Anthony Bouthier, 23-Teddy Thomas.

Scotland
15-Stuart Hogg (capt), 14-Darcy Graham, 13-Chris Harris, 12-Sam Johnson, 11-Duhan van der Merwe, 10-Finn Russell, 9-Ali Price; 1-Rory Sutherland, 2-George Turner, 3-Zander Fagerson, 4-Sam Skinner, 5-Grant Gilchrist, 6-Jamie Ritchie, 7-Hamish Watson, 8-Matt Fagerson

Replacements: 16-Dave Cherry, 17-Oli Kebble, 18-Simon Berghan, 19-Alex Craig, 20-Nick Haining, 21-Scott Steele, 22-Adam Hastings, 23-Huw Jones

The fate of Welsh rugby being in Scottish hands is the big talking point after a dramatic and gut wrenching end to Wales Grand Slam hopes. You can read about all the possible title winning scenarios by following this link >>> https://www.sixnationsrugby.com/2021/03/21/scenarios-how-the-guinness-six-nations-title-will-be-decided-by-france-v-scotland/

Scotland

It's a tournament that started so promisingly. A chance of winning a 6N title, ultimately coming down to a tap tackle on DVDM against Wales. Had Scotland won that match and gained 5 points with a BP last gasp score, Scots fans could have been tuning in to watch their team fight it out with France for the title themselves this weekend, even after losing to Ireland at home.

For Scottish fans it is still a crucial match for the following reasons...

The opportunity for Scotland to finish 2nd for the first time in Six Nations history (Our best result being 3rd in 2001, 2006, 2013 and 2018)

The possibility of a first away win to France since 1999

Scottish Lions selection

And on a secondary note, a good win could put Hogg in contention for Player of the Championship for a third time (equalling Brian O'Driscoll's record).

Stats from the 2021 Six Nations

https://www.sixnationsrugby.com/overview/?FixGuid=20FS4243#overview

France and Scotland have very similar statistics after four matches played. Both teams have scored 15 tries a piece, both have made a similar amount of line breaks and scrums and turnovers won. France have a slightly higher return rate per visit to the opposition 22 than Scotland do and nine more dominant tackles. Scotland have a better defensive record with less tackles missed.

Last edited by bsando on Wed 24 Mar 2021, 10:40 pm; edited 3 times in total

bsando

Back to top Go down

France vs Scotland (Dewch ymlaen Yr Alban!) Empty Re: France vs Scotland (Dewch ymlaen Yr Alban!)

Post by tigertattie Sun 21 Mar 2021, 7:14 pm

I’m still no playing.

Guscott got pelters for saying how we’re still tipped as “dark horses” but we’re still failing each time to stand up and be counted.

When we were rotten at least we could just play along knowing we were rotten. Now though there’s a bit expectation, however misplaced, and it’s probably even more frustrating that when we were just rank.

tigertattie
tigertattie

Back to top Go down

France vs Scotland (Dewch ymlaen Yr Alban!) Empty Re: France vs Scotland (Dewch ymlaen Yr Alban!)

Post by majesticimperialman Sun 21 Mar 2021, 7:36 pm

Sorry Scotland I can only see France winning here by at least10 /15 points.

majesticimperialman

Back to top Go down

Post by TightHEAD Sun 21 Mar 2021, 7:39 pm

France will win, but I fear not by enough.
TightHEAD
TightHEAD

Back to top Go down

Post by bsando Sun 21 Mar 2021, 7:45 pm

I feel strangely optimistic about this one. I think the fact France have to go for it plays into Scotland's hands. Townssend will know this and be prepping for a fast expansive game. Could be a cracker!

bsando

Back to top Go down

Post by Collapse2005 Sun 21 Mar 2021, 8:19 pm

I fancy France to win by over 20 points with 4 tries.

Collapse2005

Back to top Go down

Post by whatahitson Sun 21 Mar 2021, 8:26 pm

I think France will get the job done.

Scotland have nothing to play for.

whatahitson

Back to top Go down

Post by Anglobraveheart Sun 21 Mar 2021, 8:58 pm

Will it be greatly influenced by another yellow or red card I wonder.
I think that this championship must have had the highest number of reds in it. I've had a quick check, but nothing's showing at the moment.
Jamie Ritchie brought the worst out of the French prop 12 months ago, I wonder how highly strong France will be this year?

Anglobraveheart

Back to top Go down

Post by majesticimperialman Sun 21 Mar 2021, 9:27 pm

whatahitson wrote:I think France will get the job done.

Scotland have nothing to loose either.

majesticimperialman

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Sun 21 Mar 2021, 9:36 pm

I keep swinging between full Private Fraser and thinking we actually have a chance. On one hand France will be going full hell for leather and they might tear us to pieces. On the other, if we can keep it close their heads might drop knowing they're not going to get the winning margin they need.

Selection wise it really depends on who we have available, and I really hope we have Gray and Finn - although in the latter case with a head knock you just don't know.

You need power to cope with the French and unfortunately we don't have much to choose from waiting in the wings.

Big selection calls are hooker, scrum half and 13. I'd stick with Cherry after a strong performance with Turner's dynamism to come off the bench. Steele did fine with an armchair ride at 9 but I don't think he's the long-term answer, whereas Price's form hasn't been great. Maybe a 50/50 call. Hate to say it but at 13 i'd go back to Harris - France really target that outside channel and we need his defensive organisation. Jones off the bench.

If Finn is injured I suspect we'll keep the same backline against Italy - Hastings only just played today and wasn't great by all accounts. I can't see any Glasgow player being involved who played today (Brown included).

So something like

1 Sutherland
2 Cherrry
3 Fagherson
4 Gray Fingers Crossed
5 Skinner (pairs better with Gray)
6 Ritchie, although I'd be tempted to pick Hainging for extra bulk
7 Watson
8 Fagerson (ditto on Haining)

9 Price/Steele
10 Russell/Hogg
11 VDM
12 Johnson
13 Jones
14 Graham/Maitland
15 Hogg/Maitland

subs - Bhattie (deserves to keep his place), Turner, Nel, Gilchrist, Haining/Ritchie/Fagerson, PriceSteel, VDW, Jones

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by whatahitson Sun 21 Mar 2021, 9:44 pm

majesticimperialman wrote:

They won't want long term injuries that would rule them out of a Lions tour/rest of the season in a nothing game where the opposition have to play to win by 22 points i.e. will hugely fired up. You can't 'fake' the psychological differences for the two teams. One has everything to play for, the other has very little to gain.

whatahitson

Back to top Go down

Post by mikey_dragon Sun 21 Mar 2021, 10:45 pm

It’s hard to see past France doing it, unless they’re without 20 players? If they do it then they probably have turned a corner, meaning Scotland certainly haven’t.

mikey_dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by TheMildlyFranticLlama Sun 21 Mar 2021, 10:45 pm

RDW when it came down to it your subconscious simply wouldn’t let you pick Harris, so you’ve gone with Jones both starting and on the bench. And I understand completely! Very Happy

TheMildlyFranticLlama

jimbopip likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Sun 21 Mar 2021, 10:50 pm

Woops you know what I mean!

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by bsando Mon 22 Mar 2021, 6:24 am

whatahitson wrote:
majesticimperialman wrote:

They won't want long term injuries that would rule them out of a Lions tour/rest of the season in a nothing game where the opposition have to play to win by 22 points i.e. will hugely fired up. You can't 'fake' the psychological differences for the two teams. One has everything to play for, the other has very little to gain.

100% disagree. Scotland will be equally fired up for this one. It’s a chance
To finish second and win away from home for this first time in France since 1999. I’m quite surprise how many posters seem to think Scotland will simply roll over and lose. As for lions selection, a big loss away from home would be far more devastating than injuries.

bsando

westisbest likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by whatahitson Mon 22 Mar 2021, 7:22 am

Maybe second place and 'winning away from home' is a motivating factor, you're right. But 'equally fired up'? Sorry, no.

A big loss would hurt the team chances, maybe, you're right. But an individual like Watson or Hogg getting a long term injury is quite literally the end of their Lions hopes.

For what it's worth I think Scotland can win. France are good but beatable. The issue will be forward power and how little Scotland have. England, Ireland, and Wales all struggled in their own way against the French size and power eventhough they outplayed them for large parts or even most of their games. Yet France still won two of those games and pushed England to the wire. Scotland have the running game to cause France problems but if Russell isn't fit i.e. Hogg or a first cap for VDW it could be a bloodbath and France claim the trophy. Even with Russell it could all go horribly wrong as well. If France get in to a 14-15 point lead then suddenly they know they have something to protect and that could make them hard to break down.

Also Scotland aren't playing to stop France winning the title. They're playing to win. If France are leading by 22 points with 2 minutes to go and Scotland have a penalty 10m out bang in front of the posts what do you think they'll do? They go for the try of course. That could play in to the French hands.

whatahitson

Back to top Go down

Post by TJ Mon 22 Mar 2021, 7:27 am

Before this campaign I genuinely thought Ireland would be our toughest game this year. Its about styles of play. the way Ireland play negates Scotlands strengths well whereas the way France play gives Scotland a chance and England and Wales were there for the taking ( shame we only took England)

Home advantage is negated without crowds - again we see that from the results this series.

However I also think this is the most unpredictable game this series. Could be a stuffing for Scotland, could be a stuffing for France

One thing I think is pretty sure - it will be a high scoring entertaining game. I may be watching from behind the sofa again :-)

Anyone who thinks Scotland have nothing to play for is well wide of the mark. winning buy 8 pts puts us second - thats a huge incentive

TJ

Back to top Go down

Post by Collapse2005 Mon 22 Mar 2021, 7:36 am

TJ wrote:Before this campaign I genuinely thought Ireland would be our toughest game this year.  Its about styles of play.  the way Ireland play negates Scotlands strengths well whereas the way France play gives Scotland a chance and England and Wales were there for the taking ( shame we only took England)

Home advantage is negated without crowds - again we see that from the results this series.

However I also think this is the most unpredictable game this series.  Could be a stuffing for Scotland, could be a stuffing for France

One thing I think is pretty sure - it will be a high scoring entertaining game.  I may be watching from behind the sofa again :-)

Anyone who thinks Scotland have nothing to play for is well wide of the mark.  winning buy 8 pts puts us second - thats a huge incentive

Good point

Collapse2005

Back to top Go down

Post by bsando Mon 22 Mar 2021, 9:22 am

whatahitson wrote:Maybe second place and 'winning away from home' is a motivating factor, you're right. But 'equally fired up'? Sorry, no. (Agree to disagree)

A big loss would hurt the team chances, maybe, you're right. But an individual like Watson or Hogg getting a long term injury is quite literally the end of their Lions hopes. (I personally don't believe that players can play half heartedly at test level. That would be more likely to cause a major injury. I can only really see Scotland playing their hearts out for this one, but fair enough if you believe otherwise)

For what it's worth I think Scotland can win. France are good but beatable. The issue will be forward power and how little Scotland have (see response below). England, Ireland, and Wales all struggled in their own way against the French size and power even though they outplayed them for large parts or even most of their games. Yet France still won two of those games and pushed England to the wire. Scotland have the running game to cause France problems but if Russell isn't fit i.e. Hogg or a first cap for VDW (He's already been capped) it could be a bloodbath and France claim the trophy. Even with Russell it could all go horribly wrong as well. If France get in to a 14-15 point lead then suddenly they know they have something to protect and that could make them hard to break down.

Also Scotland aren't playing to stop France winning the title. They're playing to win. If France are leading by 22 points with 2 minutes to go and Scotland have a penalty 10m out bang in front of the posts what do you think they'll do? They go for the try of course. That could play in to the French hands. (I'm sure it'll be a fast flowing game for sure, but Scotland beat France last year by nullifying their attack with their defence first before turning on the expansive rugby, so it could go either way.)

Scotland's pack is pretty good now actually. Kebble, Turner, Haining, Berghan and Skinner all offer a lot from the bench. The immediate depth has improved hence why Ireland didn't totally decimate Scotland this 6N despite Scotland playing poorly.

I thought the Welsh bench was a big factor in them losing at the weekend. The likes of Elliot Dee, Leon Brown and Cory Hill didn't offer enough to hold France out in the physical contest during that final 10 mins. AWJ looked pretty shattered at the end. However, the French subs on the other hand made a big impact. Jean-Baptiste Gros, Uini Atonio, Jelonch and Arthur Vincent were all very effective off the bench.

Scotland have been pretty nifty at scrum time this 6N so I would hope they can match France if Sutherland, Fagerson and Gray are fit. Scotland's biggest weakness going into this match is probably their line out and ill discipline at key moments rather than their ball carriers.

Scotland also got a chance to rest players last weekend against Italy with the whole front row coming off after 50 mins and Maitland and Steele off at 55 mins. France have been through a pretty brutal test match against Wales, Mohamed Haouas didn't even get subbed and Willemse will be out of this match as well for his brainless red card offence.

bsando

Back to top Go down

Post by Oakdene Mon 22 Mar 2021, 9:37 am

France had a hugely physical clash with Wales, it was brutal at times. Scotland meanwhile had a training exercise against Italy & broke the line at will. Will this be a factor?

Wales got a fair bit of joy by picking & going against France, which was quite unlike Wales, can Scotland do the same?

Oakdene

Back to top Go down

Post by EST Mon 22 Mar 2021, 9:46 am

I have France as favourites, but Scotland travel with a realistic chance of winning. France expended a huge amount of emotional energy against Wales, and you never know what could happen if they try and chase the game too early.

From a Scotland perspective, I can't imagine they will give it anything less than 100%. The chance of a second place finish and a good away performance in a Lions year are both massive incentives.

This is the team I would pick, think we need to ensure we have enough heft in the pack - which explains some of the selections.

Sutherland
Cherry
Fagerson
Gray
Skinner
Haining
Watson
Fagerson

Price
Russell
DHVDM
Johnson
Jones
Maitland
Hogg

Brown
Kebble
Nel
Gray
Ritchie
Steele
Harris
Graham

Last edited by EST on Mon 22 Mar 2021, 10:19 am; edited 1 time in total

EST

Back to top Go down

Post by Hazel Sapling Mon 22 Mar 2021, 10:14 am

Going to be a good game. I can see us giving France a strong go of it. They are on a 6 day turnaround from a physical and emotional whirlwind whilst half of the Scotland team has had two weeks to heal up or had a short game on Saturday. France are also likely without their three main locks in Willemse, Le Roux and Taofifuena so hopefully they won't be as effective targeting our line-out.

It is a question on whether to bring back Hastings (head is gone for Glasgow but Scotland might be a different matter), R Gray or Brown after the disappointing result against Dragons. All on form would add to the bench though the question will be asked whether they are ready. I think all three will make the bench (Brown could start due to the line-out problems with Turner) with Cherry the most unfortunate to miss out.

Hazel Sapling

Back to top Go down

Post by EST Mon 22 Mar 2021, 10:18 am

Hazel Sapling wrote:Going to be a good game. I can see us giving France a strong go of it. They are on a 6 day turnaround from a physical and emotional whirlwind whilst half of the Scotland team has had two weeks to heal up or had a short game on Saturday. France are also likely without their three main locks in Willemse, Le Roux and Taofifuena so hopefully they won't be as effective targeting our line-out.

It is a question on whether to bring back Hastings (head is gone for Glasgow but Scotland might be a different matter), R Gray or Brown after the disappointing result against Dragons. All on form would add to the bench though the question will be asked whether they are ready. I think all three will make the bench (Brown could start due to the line-out problems with Turner) with Cherry the most unfortunate to miss out.

I forgot Richie was back and played yesterday, I would have him and Brown on the bench.  Hastings was really poor, I wouldn't have him in the team unless Finn is crocked - Hogg to continue covering 10 for me.

EST

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Mon 22 Mar 2021, 10:44 am

I might be wrong but I'd be surprised if any of the Glasgow players from the weekend are involved - that's a very short turnaround especially given they've also had to get back from Wales. The only potential would be Hastings if Russell is still injured. Brown played 80 minutes so would be a lot to back that up after 5 days. Ritchie Gray hasn't exactly been demanding selection.

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by EST Mon 22 Mar 2021, 10:53 am

Ordinarily I would agree, but I think because of the experience and quality of Brown and Gray I would be comfortable with them backing up again on the bench. They both add real size and power, which will be important in the latter half of this game

EST

Back to top Go down

Post by Oakdene Mon 22 Mar 2021, 11:04 am

Russell should be ok as he will beyond the rest period needed when you've failed a HIA. I think I heard he would have been available against Italy had it of kicked off later, I'm sure I am right in saying that the SRU contacted world rugby to ask for special dispensation.

Oakdene

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Mon 22 Mar 2021, 11:08 am

Oakdene wrote:Russell should be ok as he will beyond the rest period needed when you've failed a HIA. I think I heard he would have been available against Italy had it of kicked off later, I'm sure I am right in saying that the SRU contacted world rugby to ask for special dispensation.

That's assuming he passed all the protocols! It's not just a rest time type thing anymore.

In any case the SRU have just tweeted a picture of him s training! So fingers crossed.

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by BigGee Mon 22 Mar 2021, 11:11 am

He was water boy at the weekend running about the pitch. Apparently he has passed all his protocols, ot was mentioned in the commentary.

Baring a setback he will be playing

BigGee
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Oakdene Mon 22 Mar 2021, 11:17 am

RDW wrote:
Oakdene wrote:Russell should be ok as he will beyond the rest period needed when you've failed a HIA. I think I heard he would have been available against Italy had it of kicked off later, I'm sure I am right in saying that the SRU contacted world rugby to ask for special dispensation.

That's assuming he passed all the protocols! It's not just a rest time type thing anymore.

In any case the SRU have just tweeted a picture of him s training! So fingers crossed.

Yes he has to go through 6 days without contact training or matches. As the match was early KO & the match the week before was a 3pm(?) ko he was just 2 hours or so outside being able to play for Italy.

Oakdene

Back to top Go down

Post by TJ Mon 22 Mar 2021, 11:27 am

Its not as if there is a lot going on between his ears anyway France vs Scotland (Dewch ymlaen Yr Alban!) 1f609

TJ

Oakdene likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Hazel Sapling Mon 22 Mar 2021, 11:53 am

J Gray may be key. He may not be a dominant tackler, but he gets through a mountain of work and is solid at the set piece. Baxter's comments seemed to suggest there is no structural damage, just bruising so hopefully a week off has proved enough.

R Gray has not demanded selection (neither has Craig or Gilchrist) and all I am after from him at this point is Devin Toner-esque performances. The scrum and line-out will be solid and any work around the pitch is a bonus, particularly if we can pair him up with Turner. R Gray will also be familiar with several of the French players from his time there and has in the past been a motivator for J Gray.

Hazel Sapling

Back to top Go down

Post by BigGee Mon 22 Mar 2021, 1:00 pm

A few subtle changes to the squad for this last game:P

Maitland out - you can only assume he is injured, Rufus Mclean back in.

Lang and Taylor out - they have been replaced by Hastings

Bhatti out, seems surprising as he played pretty well on saturday, Keeble in the squad so looks like he is on the bench

Johnny Gray out as well - again presumably not fit

Grant Stewart comes back in as the 3rd hooker

No Frazer Brown or Ritchie Gray either and CDP drops out of the squad

They seem to have slimmed it down a bit, which as the last game and a 6 day turnaround in any case makes some sense

Probably looking at a team along these lines then:

Sutherland
Turner/Cherry
Fagerson Z
Skinner
Gilchrist
Ritchie
Watson
Fagerson M
Price
Russell
VDM
Johnson
Jones H
Graham
Hogg

Subs
Keeble
Turner/Cherry
Nel
Craig
Haining
Steele - would have gone Dobie but he did not play well on sunday
Hastings
Mclean - a Toonie wildcard

BigGee
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by NeilyBroon Mon 22 Mar 2021, 1:11 pm

BigGee wrote:A few subtle changes to the squad for this last game:P

Maitland out - you can only assume he is injured, Rufus Mclean back in.

Lang and Taylor out - they have been replaced by Hastings

Bhatti out, seems surprising as he played pretty well on saturday, Keeble in the squad so looks like he is on the bench

Johnny Gray out as well - again presumably not fit

No Frazer Brown or Ritchie Gray either and CDP drops out of the squad

They seem to have slimmed it down a bit, which as the last game and a 6 day turnaround in any case makes some sense

Sutherland
Turner/Cherry
Fagerson Z
Skinner
Gilchrist
Ritchie
Watson
Fagerson M
Price
Russell
VDM
Johnson
Jones H
Graham
Hogg

Subs
Keeble
Turner/Cherry
Nel
Craig
Haining
Steele - would have gone Dobie but he did not play well on sunday
Hastings

Hard to disagree with that squad, although expect Harris will be on the bench or Jones (Toonie I expect was saving Harris for France, even with Jones playing so well, he still views him as a B string starter. McLean's time will come, I just don't think there's the opportunity on Friday.

NeilyBroon

Back to top Go down

Post by bsando Mon 22 Mar 2021, 2:09 pm

Gutted losing Maitland, did Championship withhold players?

McLean had a good try against Dragons though so perhaps he will be on this weekend?

Sutherland, Cherry, Fagerson
Skinner, GG
Ritchie, Watson
Haining
Price/Russell
Johnson/Jones
DVDM,Graham
Hogg

Reserves: Turner, Kebble, Berghan, Craig, M Fagerson, Steele, Hastings, McLean

bsando

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbopip Mon 22 Mar 2021, 2:18 pm

BigGee wrote:A few subtle changes to the squad for this last game:P I'd challenge that adjective, Gee. The changes are pretty seismic in nterms of what it does to possible selections.

Maitland out - you can only assume he is injured, Rufus Mclean back in. So Hoggy will be 15, bearing in mind that (a) Haircut has been as reliable as Boris Johnson's most solemn promise (b) That Mancock at the DoH looks more like an international 10 than VDW (c) Hoggy looks the second best 10 in the squad then the loss of No Maits means we need a back up 15 on the bench rather than haircut or The Pedestrian Saffer. This is not a problem, it is an opportunity!!! If Toonie starts with James McBrown then Shug is back up 13 if we need to start, you know attacking with the ball in the 13 channel. Then Titman as back up 15. I may say this a few times over the next decade or so...but when the Welsh commentators said his try yesterday was one of the finest they had seen at the Millennium they were guilty of understating how spectacularly good it was. I'm reminded of Hugh McIlvanney describing one of George Best's early goals for Man U. It was a goal of such stunning audacity that a young journalist in the press box cried out, "What minute, I missed the minute" and a gnarled old writer replied, "Never mind the minute just write the year!" Titman should bench. He makes LZR look like the Pedestrian Saffer.

Lang and Taylor out - they have been replaced by Hastings Means we will pick 2 from 3 centres. Johnson-Jones or Johnson-McBrown?

Bhatti out, seems surprising as he played pretty well on saturday, Keeble in the squad so looks like he is on the bench Kebble is regarded by some as Mr Nasty, certainly he is bigger and thuggier than Bhatti. Suggests Toonie will be looking for the biggest, nastiest pack possible.

Johnny Gray out as well - again presumably not fit A big, big loss. Principal and GG. To start and Craig to bench, unless the Giant Red Crayon sneaks onto the bench.Not a bad shout as he can cover 6 too.

No Frazer Brown or Ritchie Gray either and CDP drops out of the squad Haining will most likely be in the 23 then.

Sutherland
Turner/Cherry
Fagerson Z
Skinner
Gilchrist
Ritchie
Watson
Fagerson M
Price
Russell
VDM
Johnson
Jones H
Graham
Hogg

Subs
Keeble
Turner/Cherry
Nel
Craig Big Bad
Haining
Steele - would have gone Dobie but he did not play well on sunday Considering Glasgow conceded 5 turnovers and 43 000 million penalties he didn't have much to work with. Steel hasn't convinced and I'm not sure he could change the tempo if we are chasing the game with 15 to go.
Hastings James Mc Brown

jimbopip

Back to top Go down

Post by Oakdene Mon 22 Mar 2021, 2:58 pm

Scotland squad
Forwards: Simon Berghan, David Cherry, Alex Craig, Matt Fagerson, Zander Fagerson, Grant Gilchrist, Nick Haining, Rob Harley, Oli Kebble, WP Nel, Jamie Ritchie, Sam Skinner, Grant Stewart, Rory Sutherland, George Turner, Hamish Watson.

Backs: Jamie Dobie, Darcy Graham, Chris Harris, Adam Hastings, Stuart Hogg (captain), Sam Johnson, Huw Jones, Rufus McLean, Duhan van der Merwe, Ali Price, Finn Russell, Scott Steele, Jaco van der Walt.

Oakdene

Back to top Go down

Post by TJ Mon 22 Mar 2021, 4:17 pm

Do we have any idea what the release deal was and who paid?

TJ

Back to top Go down

Post by bsando Mon 22 Mar 2021, 4:37 pm

Meanwhile RDW is dealing with this over in NSW

https://www.theguardian.com/environment/video/2021/mar/22/look-at-them-all-spiders-escape-to-higher-ground-during-nsw-floods-video

bsando

Back to top Go down

Post by BigGee Mon 22 Mar 2021, 4:53 pm

There has been a plague of mice as well

They are hoping the floods will drown them all!

Just remind me why do people want to go and live in Australia?

BigGee
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by tigertattie Mon 22 Mar 2021, 5:30 pm

BigGee wrote:There has been a plague of mice as well

They are hoping the floods will drown them all!

Just remind me why do people want to go and live in Australia?

Feck knows!

I saw a picture of a frog eating a snake. Yes thats right the frog was eating the snake.

Aside form the fact that Oz is full of the criminal element, if you try and get away from these dodgy poeple, the animal life there will try to eat you!!!!!!
tigertattie
tigertattie

Back to top Go down

Post by whatahitson Mon 22 Mar 2021, 6:42 pm

Maitland looked notably upset when he was taken off around 50 minutes for VDW, with Hogg moving to 15.

Now he's not in the 29 man squad.

Any rumours of a bust up or harsh words after the Italy game between player and coach(es)? Or is this just natural rotation of the team in a meaningless game where Townsend can have a look at Hastings for the first time for a while?

It won't be Maitland's Lions chances any good, that's for sure.

whatahitson

Back to top Go down

Post by No 7&1/2 Mon 22 Mar 2021, 7:09 pm

TJ wrote:Do we have any idea what the release deal was and who paid?

Same money was offered as when English players were released and according to Andrew cotter there was a limit to how many players could be chosen from English teams.

https://twitter.com/MrAndrewCotter/status/1374042428156604421?s=19

No 7&1/2

Back to top Go down

Post by TJ Mon 22 Mar 2021, 7:45 pm

if that limit is true then its a disgrace and the SRU should not accept it

TJ

Back to top Go down

Post by flyhalffactory Mon 22 Mar 2021, 7:50 pm

What!.....We can get 2nd place which will be the best we will have done in the 6Ns and the next step to winning it next year
flyhalffactory
flyhalffactory

Luckless Pedestrian likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by flyhalffactory Mon 22 Mar 2021, 7:56 pm

whatahitson wrote:Maitland looked notably upset when he was taken off around 50 minutes for VDW, with Hogg moving to 15.

Now he's not in the 29 man squad.

Any rumours of a bust up or harsh words after the Italy game between player and coach(es)? Or is this just natural rotation of the team in a meaningless game where Townsend can have a look at Hastings for the first time for a while?

It won't be Maitland's Lions chances any good, that's for sure.

Strewth "meaningless game"  picard

1. The difference between 2nd and 4th place is £1.5m
2. There is ranking points
3. There's potentially our best ever finish
4. There is potential Lions places up for grabs
flyhalffactory
flyhalffactory

Back to top Go down

Post by TJ Mon 22 Mar 2021, 8:02 pm

whatsis is just being provocative to get reactions. I guess a Scot stole his last rolo or something

TJ

Back to top Go down

Post by No 7&1/2 Mon 22 Mar 2021, 8:03 pm

TJ wrote:if that limit is true then its a disgrace and the SRU should not accept it

Presumably there would be some sort of sliding scale and the money wasn't met. Not sure how France have got away with this at all.

No 7&1/2

Back to top Go down

Post by whatahitson Mon 22 Mar 2021, 8:25 pm

TJ wrote:whatsis is just being provocative to get reactions.  I guess a Scot stole his last rolo or something

That's right. Sorry. Scotland have as much motivation as the French to win this game. Of course. Silly me. Obviously the prestige of...*checks notes*...coming second in the six nations is equal to winning the tournament.

You're all so, so right.

whatahitson

Back to top Go down

Post by whatahitson Mon 22 Mar 2021, 8:26 pm

flyhalffactory wrote:

What!.....We can get 2nd place which will be the best we will have done in the 6Ns and the next step to winning it next year

"Win the tournament" v "best of the losers".

Yep. Exactly the same. Equal motivation. Definitely worth getting injured for and missing out on a Lions tour.

"Unlucky Hamish, you're not going on a Lions tour now, but hey, fair play, at least you played your part in the gallant Scottish defeat to try to come second in the six nations. That was totally worth it."

Erm

whatahitson

Back to top Go down

Post by Anglobraveheart Mon 22 Mar 2021, 8:28 pm

TJ wrote:if that limit is true then its a disgrace and the SRU should not accept it
Sorry TJ, I can't see an actual limit (probably due to seniorness and lack of Twitter skills). Are you able to interpret for me please?
Much as Darcy and Duan have their strengths, it's just wrong that we go into this match without SM available for the back 3 either to start or bench. It stinks.

Anglobraveheart

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 8 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next