The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Glasgow and Edinburgh 30 - Starting the new season with 2 wins - Long may it continue

+28
Geordie
king_carlos
No 7&1/2
Heaf
demosthenes
sensisball
Cumbrian
formerly known as Sam
carpet baboon
TJ
tigertattie
Boston Exile
funnyExiledScot
TheMildlyFranticLlama
doctor_grey
Heuer27
Mcsweens
Pot Hale
Welshmushroom
Hazel Sapling
Tramptastic
EWT Spoons
jimbopip
NeilyBroon
RDW
bsando
George Carlin
BigGee
32 posters

Page 10 of 21 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 15 ... 21  Next

Go down

Glasgow and Edinburgh 30 - Starting the new season with 2 wins - Long may it continue - Page 10 Empty Glasgow and Edinburgh 30 - Starting the new season with 2 wins - Long may it continue

Post by BigGee Mon 23 Oct 2023, 9:32 am

First topic message reminder :

Well both Scotland's pro teams got off the mark with a W this weekend, though probably fair to say that Glasgow's was slightly more pleasing on the eye!

Still not to be sniffed at and probably a while since it last happened.

A good omen for the season, let's hope so, though early season games are not always a predictor of longer term performance. Both sides still got plenty of players to bring back into the fold and a lot of improvement to make.

Roll on 2023/24!

BigGee
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Glasgow and Edinburgh 30 - Starting the new season with 2 wins - Long may it continue - Page 10 Empty Re: Glasgow and Edinburgh 30 - Starting the new season with 2 wins - Long may it continue

Post by RDW Tue 09 Jan 2024, 8:40 pm

Barclay took it on the chin!

https://twitter.com/johnbarc86/status/1744770777482772780?t=neAfFRk6p4Nu94JVyX1jaQ&s=19

RDW
Founder
Founder

bsando likes this post

Back to top Go down

Glasgow and Edinburgh 30 - Starting the new season with 2 wins - Long may it continue - Page 10 Empty Re: Glasgow and Edinburgh 30 - Starting the new season with 2 wins - Long may it continue

Post by Boston Exile Tue 09 Jan 2024, 8:50 pm

I saw it and read the blogs. On one hand the lorry wasn't there with the purpose of being a makeshift stand (it was selling shirts and the like) and maybe that was a convenient place to park the lorry. It was something that you would say had a certain charm and character and wouldn't have been out of place in the 70s.

Conversely JB is correct. The URC is trying to raise the image of the league, attract larger crowds, possibly families rather than a group of guys moving from pub to ground to pub, and all in present an enticing environment so folk watch games live rather than via TV. As a one off it's probably not an issue but it wouldn't look good if a regular event.

Boston Exile

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbopip Thu 11 Jan 2024, 11:18 am

So, the warriors may be signing Solomon Burke Headscratch

Well, if he can get them singing from his songsheet then we're in for a treat.

jimbopip

Back to top Go down

Post by Boston Exile Fri 12 Jan 2024, 4:31 pm

1. Kebble
2. Hiddleston
3. Fagerson
4. Cummings
5. Samuel
6. Millar
7. Fagerson
8. Venter

9. Horne
10. Weir
11. Rowe
12. McDowall
13. Tuipolotu
14. Jones
15. McKay

16. Turner
17. Bhatti
18. Sordoni
19. Gray
20. Williamson
21. Ferrie
22. Afshar
23. Jordan

Not a bad team in the circumstance.  Decent strength in pack and on bench and a strong backline.  If Weir shows form then could do well despite injuries. Exeter a tough place to go though.

Last edited by Boston Exile on Fri 12 Jan 2024, 4:32 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Didn't give context of who we were playing.)

Boston Exile

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Sat 13 Jan 2024, 10:11 am

Sean Everitt has been given a 2 years deal and promotion to 'head coach'. He's probably deserved that after a fairly strong start to the season.

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by bsando Sat 13 Jan 2024, 7:23 pm

RDW wrote:Sean Everitt has been given a 2 years deal and promotion to 'head coach'. He's probably deserved that after a fairly strong start to the season.

Annnd we lose to Gloucester at home.. Glasgow and Edinburgh 30 - Starting the new season with 2 wins - Long may it continue - Page 10 1f62a

Hastings return to the Cherry and Whites has certainly made them more competitive in the Premiership and now Europe.

What is it with Edinburgh? That was hardly a poor side they put out. Not to be disrespectful to Gloucester but I thought Edinburgh would have found a way to win that one.

I'm keen to see what Everitt can do and that he will improve the side in time.

bsando

Back to top Go down

Post by BigGee Sat 13 Jan 2024, 7:28 pm

Sounds like Glasgow were robbed after a very decent showing from a young side down in Devon!

BigGee
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by doctor_grey Sat 13 Jan 2024, 9:17 pm

BigGee wrote:Sounds like Glasgow were robbed after a very decent showing from a young side down in Devon!
To me, there was nothing between the teams - and to play Exeter straight up in Sandy Park is tough.    

That last scrum on the Exeter 5 was a bitch to officiate because there was a lot wrong.  But to me, the clearest offense was the Exe 9 mugging the Warriors 9 and preventing him from getting to the ball at the base of the scrum.  Not sure whether the Exe back row or the Glasgow back row detached first.  But I thought the Exe player may have picked the ball up a hair before the Glasgow player detached.  Then there is the question, brought up by the esteemed WELL-PAST-IT, of the front rows going down (in the purest Rugby sense only) and who should be penalised.

One way or another this is not a play that anyone would want to see deciding a game, especially as time had expired.  Too much going on (by that I mean going wrong).

doctor_grey

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Sat 13 Jan 2024, 9:39 pm

Apparently Toonie was at the Edinburgh game. Is it advantage Hastings after they matchup? Healy again not consistently turning up, not helped by by the team also not turning up. Also a worry that he's missing kicks he should be making - thats what is strength is meant to be. Hastings has made a difference since his return to Gloucester and is improving after a run of games.

Great effort from Glasgow against an in form Exeter. That penalty decision at the end was right but there was probably enough offenses from Glasgow to justify giving something. Horne was al over their 9 and I know there's stricter laws about what the defending 9 can do these days. I think Ferry had just detached before the ball was out.

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbopip Sun 14 Jan 2024, 10:39 am

doctor_grey wrote:
BigGee wrote:Sounds like Glasgow were robbed after a very decent showing from a young side down in Devon!
To me, there was nothing between the teams - and to play Exeter straight up in Sandy Park is tough.    

That last scrum on the Exeter 5 was a bitch to officiate because there was a lot wrong.  But to me, the clearest offense was the Exe 9 mugging the Warriors 9 and preventing him from getting to the ball at the base of the scrum. thumbsup  Not sure whether the Exe back row or the Glasgow back row detached first.  But I thought the Exe player may have picked the ball up a hair before the Glasgow player detached.  Then there is the question, brought up by the esteemed WELL-PAST-IT, of the front rows going down (in the purest Rugby sense only) and who should be penalised.

One way or another this is not a play that anyone would want to see deciding a game, especially as time had expired.  Too much going on (by that I mean going wrong).

Doc, I agree with your diagnosis. The Execeterr 9 blocked Hornitio and then when they began the Flyweight Tango threw his right elbow back in an attempt to grievously injure poor little Hornito (who has never, ever upset anyone anywhere at any time). The back of the scrum was a shambles, but that was probably because the Exeter 8 had stopped pushing and was looking to pick the ball up and boot it off the park. Glasgow had the forward momentum and the front rows went down. Quelle surprise, as the officiating team must have been saying to themselves.

https://www.glasgowwarriors.com/phpbb/download/file.php?id=812

I'm not sure if this image will appear but it does appear to show the Exeter player reaching for the ball and Govan Ferrie with both hands touching the scrum.

We wuz robbed.

jimbopip

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbopip Sun 14 Jan 2024, 10:58 am

I have just spotted the rather weird statistical anomaly which is that if Glasgow whup Toulon next week, then we will have an away tie in the last amd the most likely opponents are....Execeterr Chiefs.

It's mad Ted, just mad.

jimbopip

Back to top Go down

Post by BigGee Sun 14 Jan 2024, 11:08 am

You know what, I'd take another crack at Exeter rather than going to a big French side, or to SA

With a full team out, we could be competitive I am sure

BigGee
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbopip Sun 14 Jan 2024, 11:15 am

Gee, if you factor in Big Shona, Dempsey and Mullet for the back row, Seba, Seaman and The House Elf in the backs then e should be more than capable of beating them. Also, Darge might just be back by April.

This is not to denigrate anyone who played yesterday. It was a fantastic effort and a great performance. It's just good to have competition for places.

jimbopip

BigGee likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by BigGee Sun 14 Jan 2024, 11:28 am

I am in Athens atm, so not seen the game yet.

Am looking firward to watching it next thursday when home, it was certainly a much closer affair than I was expecting. The Glasgow squad players are certainly stepping up.

BigGee
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Heaf Sun 14 Jan 2024, 12:18 pm

doctor_grey wrote:

That last scrum on the Exeter 5 was a bitch to officiate because there was a lot wrong.  But to me, the clearest offense was the Exe 9 mugging the Warriors 9 and preventing him from getting to the ball at the base of the scrum.  Not sure whether the Exe back row or the Glasgow back row detached first.  But I thought the Exe player may have picked the ball up a hair before the Glasgow player detached.  Then there is the question, brought up by the esteemed WELL-PAST-IT, of the front rows going down (in the purest Rugby sense only) and who should be penalised.

Didn't you mean the other way around Doc? As per the main thread?

Heaf

Back to top Go down

Post by No 7&1/2 Sun 14 Jan 2024, 12:53 pm

To be fair the scrum half goes ahead of the ball which is pretty much the first infringement there.

No 7&1/2

Back to top Go down

Post by BigGee Mon 15 Jan 2024, 5:12 pm

To add insult to injury, the Exeter player who got a YC for the hit on Duncy has now been cited as well.

It was definitely not our day with officialdom!

BigGee
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Hazel Sapling Thu 18 Jan 2024, 1:57 pm

Glasgow team
Bhatti - Turner - Sordoni
Williamson - R Gray
Miller - Dempsey - M Fagerson

Horne - Jordan
Tuipulotu - Jones
Rowe - McKay - Steyn (C)

Replacements: Matthews, Kebble, Z Fagerson, Cummings, Ferrie, Venter, Afshar, McDowall

Not a small team by any stretch of the imagination. Plenty to come on in the front five as well

Toulon
Devaux - Baubigny - Setiano
Rebbadj - Warion
Coulon - Isa - Le Corvec

Lobzhanidze - Snizelle
Smaili - Tuicuvu
Villiere - Luc - Drean

Singleton, Gonzalez, Brookes, Halagahu, Cornell Du Preez, Danglot, Herve, Rabut

Last edited by Hazel Sapling on Thu 18 Jan 2024, 2:03 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Adding Toulon)

Hazel Sapling

Back to top Go down

Post by Hazel Sapling Thu 18 Jan 2024, 1:59 pm

Scarlets: Ioan Nicholas; Steff Evans, Joe Roberts, Jonathan Davies, Ryan Conbeer; Ioan Lloyd, Kieran Hardy; Steff Thomas, Ryan Elias (capt), Harri O'Connor, Alex Craig, Jac Price, Ben Williams, Dan Davis, Vaea Fifita.

Replacements: Eduan Swart, Kemsley Mathias, Sam Wainwright, Morgan Jones, Shaun Evans, Gareth Davies, Charlie Titcombe, Tomi Lewis.

Edinburgh: Emiliano Boffelli; Chris Dean, Matt Currie, James Lang, Duhan van der Merwe; Ben Healy, Ben Vellacott; Pierre Schoeman, Dave Cherry, WP Nel, Sam Skinner, Grant Gilchrist (capt), Luke Crosbie, Hamish Watson, Viliame Mata.

Replacements: Ewan Ashman, Boan Venter, Angus Williams, Glen Young, Jamie Ritchie, Tom Dodd, Ali Price, Cameron Scott.

Hazel Sapling

Back to top Go down

Post by BigGee Thu 18 Jan 2024, 3:02 pm

That is certainly not full strength from Toulon, quite a different side to the one we played last spring in Dublin.

Having lost all 3 games, including 2 at home, it is hard to get a feeling what Toulon's commitment to this tournament is.

If they are not up for it, they might not find a freezing cold Scotstoun in January is not a very welcomming place.

I would imagine Murrayfield is on standby as well, in case the Glasgow pitch is unplayable

BigGee
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbopip Thu 18 Jan 2024, 3:35 pm

Apparently the Toulon squad refused to get on the plane for Glasgow. It seems some of them are still in therapy after what the club refer to as " l'incident terrorist avec l'ancient infirmier" at Shannon Airport.

jimbopip

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Thu 18 Jan 2024, 8:32 pm

Edinburgh going fully loaded. Ritchie on the bench which won't help his case with Scotland.

Good to see Dempsey back.

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Fri 19 Jan 2024, 8:51 pm

Edinburgh absolutely rampaging against a poor Scarlets. 26-5 at HT with the BP in the bag. Hopefully don't implode now.

It's on S4C btw

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Fri 19 Jan 2024, 10:01 pm

31-19 win in the end - Edinburgh losing all intensity after pulling ahead so much. Gilchrist sent off but two yellows which I think means he doesn't get banned...

Job done!

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by BigGee Fri 19 Jan 2024, 10:08 pm

And Glasgow put Toulon away at Scotstoun to secure a knock out place in the champs cup

Both the Kyles, Shuggie, Dempsey and I would say Cummings all put their hands up for Scotland selection.

Pretty much everyone, the younsters Williamson and Ferrie amongst them, all played well.

BigGee
Admin
Admin

RDW likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by BigGee Sun 21 Jan 2024, 1:45 pm

Thistle Rugby Pod reporting Patrick Shickerling, Exeter TH is on his way to Glasgow.

Probably an upgrade on our 2 Argentinians, one or both of whom might be moving on if that is the case. I don't think he is SQ but we certainly need someone to reduce the burden on Zander.

BigGee
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbopip Sun 21 Jan 2024, 8:27 pm

So Glasgow will be at the Stoop in the last 16. Almost a home match for some of us.

jimbopip

Back to top Go down

Post by BigGee Sun 21 Jan 2024, 8:45 pm

jimbopip wrote:So Glasgow will be at the Stoop in the last 16. Almost a home match for some of us.

Certainly makes a welcome change from Sarries!

BigGee
Admin
Admin

jimbopip likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Hazel Sapling Sun 21 Jan 2024, 11:39 pm

Will be able to go to the Quins game so looking forward to that one. Pretty good match-up for Glasgow as we will have the more physical pack and the Quins like to play in the backs.

As for Schikerling, that is a good move and it is fantastic if he is SQ. Pieretto has played 287 minutes of rugby for us in the last 2.5 seasons and is 29 so assume he is off.

Think there is still space for Sordoni, who is 25 as well. Zander, Walker, Schikerling and Kebble (in case of emergency) won't be enough.

Hazel Sapling

jimbopip likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbopip Thu 25 Jan 2024, 11:56 am

Quins v Glasgow confirmed as 8pm kick off on the Friday.
I think Bigson and I are definitely up for it. It would be a good chance for a pint with some of the more respectable posters on here. Fed up slumming it with FES.

jimbopip

Back to top Go down

Post by BigGee Thu 25 Jan 2024, 12:20 pm

If I am not working, will definitely be going.

I have been to a couple of pre season games v Quins at the Stoop, it is a nice ground, plenty of bars

BigGee
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by bsando Thu 15 Feb 2024, 12:37 pm

Apparently the super series is to disbanded according to the offside line. Couldn’t access the link as I was getting an internal error report but interested to know what the SRU thinking is. Possibly a way of trimming the fat after the deficit in the annual report?

bsando

Back to top Go down

Post by demosthenes Thu 15 Feb 2024, 1:14 pm

bsando wrote:Apparently the super series is to disbanded according to the offside line. Couldn’t access the link as I was getting an internal error report but interested to know what the SRU thinking is. Possibly a way of trimming the fat after the deficit in the annual report?

Couldnt see anything on the TOL website, but if true its a big mistake. It needs restructured, not dropped.

demosthenes

Back to top Go down

Post by Hazel Sapling Thu 15 Feb 2024, 3:24 pm

demosthenes wrote:
bsando wrote:Apparently the super series is to disbanded according to the offside line. Couldn’t access the link as I was getting an internal error report but interested to know what the SRU thinking is. Possibly a way of trimming the fat after the deficit in the annual report?

Couldnt see anything on the TOL website, but if true its a big mistake.  It needs restructured, not dropped.

Agree with restructuring. Three Edinburgh sides and nothing in Dundee, Perth, Aberdeen or Inverness was a mistake.

We need a way to get more pro players into our pool so not sure what the alternative is if we dropped the Super Six. Could we get sides into the Championship and have three sides with us backing London Scots and having a Sterling and Aberdeen based side to get them to 12 (assuming Ealing go up to make the English Premiership 12).

Hazel Sapling

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Thu 15 Feb 2024, 8:11 pm

Strong Edinburgh team named for away to Zebre. If we don't get 5 points here then something really is wrong

Edinburgh Rugby team to face Zebre Parma at Stadio Sergio Lanfranchi in the BKT United Rugby Championship
Friday 16 February (kick-off 7.35pm GMT/ 8.35pm local) – live on Viaplay

15. Emiliano Boffelli (35)

14. Harry Paterson (8)
13. Matt Currie (29)
12. James Lang (47)
11. Chris Dean (142)

10. Ben Healy (12)
9. Ali Price (8)

1. Boan Venter (56)
2. Dave Cherry (82)
3. WP Nel (197)
4. Marshall Sykes (53)
5. Glen Young (35)
6. Jamie Ritchie (105) CAPTAIN
7. Hamish Watson (149)
8. Viliame Mata (127)

Replacements

16. Paddy Harrison (12)
17. Luan de Bruin (22)
18. Javan Sebastian (8)
19. Tom Dodd (6)
20. Connor Boyle (39)
21. Ben Vellacott (50)
22. Mark Bennett (98)
23. Nathan Sweeney (2)

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbopip Thu 15 Feb 2024, 8:17 pm

RDW wrote:Strong Edinburgh team named for away to Zebre. If we don't get 5 points here then something really is wrong

Edinburgh Rugby team to face Zebre Parma at Stadio Sergio Lanfranchi in the BKT United Rugby Championship
Friday 16 February (kick-off 7.35pm GMT/ 8.35pm local) – live on Viaplay

15. Emiliano Boffelli (35)

14. Harry Paterson (8)
13. Matt Currie (29)
12. James Lang (47)
11. Chris Dean (142)

10. Ben Healy (12)
9. Ali Price (8)

1. Boan Venter (56)
2. Dave Cherry (82)
3. WP Nel (197)
4. Marshall Sykes (53)
5. Glen Young (35)
6. Jamie Ritchie (105) CAPTAIN
7. Hamish Watson (149)
8. Viliame Mata (127)

Replacements

16. Paddy Harrison (12)
17. Luan de Bruin (22)
18. Javan Sebastian (8)
19. Tom Dodd (6)
20. Connor Boyle (39)
21. Ben Vellacott (50)
22. Mark Bennett (98)
23. Nathan Sweeney (2)

I think that we can safely say that the players in bold won't be starting against Engurlund next week. Not that I think any of the rest will, except Banjo might be in the 23.

jimbopip

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Thu 15 Feb 2024, 8:21 pm

Unlikely, but they were always going to play this game given the lack of gametime they've had for Scotland. Hope Healy's hamstrings aren't too tight from sitting on the bench for 80 minutes two weeks in a row.

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by BigGee Fri 16 Feb 2024, 1:11 pm

Glasgow Warriors team to face the Dragons at Scotstoun, Saturday 17 February, kick-off 7.35pm. Tickets are still available at glasgowwarriors.org.

1 Jamie Bhatti (99)
2 Johnny Matthews (61)
3 Lucio Sordoni (24)
4 Max Williamson (7)
5 Alex Samuel (12)
6 Euan Ferrie (11)
7 Thomas Gordon (70)
8 Henco Venter (9)

9 Ben Afshar (6)
10 Ross Thompson (44)
11 Jamie Dobie (55)
12 Tom Jordan (37)
13 Stafford McDowall (C) (69)
14 Facundo Cordero (0)
15 Josh McKay (38)

Replacements

16 Angus Fraser (9)
17 Nathan McBeth (31)
18 Oli Kebble (95)
19 Ruaraidh Hart (0)
20 Sintu Manjezi (16)
21 Gregor Hiddleston (1)
22 Sean Kennedy (29)
23 Duncan Weir (142)

Unavailable for selection: Fraser Brown (knee), Gregor Brown (knee), Sebastian Cancelliere (neck), Richie Gray (bicep), Jack Mann (ankle), Ally Miller (calf), JP du Preez (knee), Ollie Smith (knee), Sione Vailanu (knee), Murphy Walker (knee)

International duty: Scott Cummings, Rory Darge, Jack Dempsey, Matt Fagerson, Zander Fagerson, George Horne, Huw Jones, Kyle Rowe, Sione Tuipulotu, George Turner.

BigGee
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by BigGee Fri 16 Feb 2024, 1:15 pm

A little bit of a patchwork team for Glasgow, probably not surprising given the international call ups and current injuries.

Dobie comes back on the wing.

First start for Ashfar

Williamson and Samuel both start in the boiler room for the first time.

Tom Jordan at 12, which may be his best position

A debut for Cordero

Hiddleston covers the backrow with Manjezi also back from injury

You would still fancy Glasgow to beat the Drags at home, but this is far from a settled team!

BigGee
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by BigGee Fri 16 Feb 2024, 1:38 pm

Hastings back to Glasgow according to Rugby Pass

BigGee
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Boston Exile Fri 16 Feb 2024, 1:52 pm

To replace Weir?

Always liked Thompson, hope he isn't off as he doesn't seem to be favoured.

Boston Exile

Back to top Go down

Post by BigGee Fri 16 Feb 2024, 2:15 pm

Boston Exile wrote:To replace Weir?

Always liked Thompson, hope he isn't off as he doesn't seem to be favoured.

It would probably be fair to say Duncy is moving towards the twilight of his career!

Hastings would be the starting FH we need but Thompson would likely still be there to back him up.

BigGee
Admin
Admin

Boston Exile likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Fri 16 Feb 2024, 8:23 pm

Absolutely dogsh!t first half from Edinburgh losing 10-3. To say it looks like they just met in the carpark is an understatement,

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Fri 16 Feb 2024, 9:23 pm

Well Edinburgh woke up in the 2nd half and their pack turned the screw to get the win 24-16.

Absolutely brainless play from Velacott to kick the ball away - twice - in the last few minutes where a bit more patience may have led to the BP try which was much needed.

Dreadful performance but we got the win, but lack of BP - again - will hurt us.

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by BigGee Fri 16 Feb 2024, 11:24 pm

Just watched the Edinburgh match on delay and more than once I did consider switching it off and heading to bed.

What an awful game, which Edinburgh somehow managed to win.

Not a great advert for the game that one.

BigGee
Admin
Admin

bsando and jimbopip like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Fri 16 Feb 2024, 11:40 pm

I don't remember much in the way in attacking backline play. Just one out passes and repeat.

Given our attacking threats out wide we can do so much better!

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by BigGee Sat 17 Feb 2024, 8:09 am

There were some abysmal performances in that game last night. Some of the also rans, won't be pushing Toonie for inclusion in the Scotland match squad for sure.

Ali Price just looked disinterested and the service was so slow it was glacial.

Healey also had probably his worse game for Edinburgh as well, though some of that may have been due to Price slow service.

About the only one who did stand out in a very poor team performance was Jamie Ritchie, who did genuinely look like he wanted his Scotland shirt back.

Everett needs to get a grip on this. For all that this was a scratch team who had not played for a while, they were awful and lucky to get away with a result, despite all the possession and territory they had. To me the worse thing was at times they really did not look interested.

BigGee
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Sat 17 Feb 2024, 9:40 pm

The Edinburgh and Glasgow results this week very much reinforcing the difference in where the clubs are at just now. I know Edinburgh were away, but they were fully loaded and struggled past Zebre playing abysmal rugby, having to resort to up the jumper rugby to grind out the win.

Glasgow meanwhile with a team full of squad players and youngsters, a scrum half on the wing etc pump the Dragons with relative ease. They had threats across the pitch and showed great cohesion and unity of purpose.

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by BigGee Sat 17 Feb 2024, 9:42 pm

RDW wrote:The Edinburgh and Glasgow results this week very much reinforcing the difference in where the clubs are at just now. I know Edinburgh were away, but they were fully loaded and struggled last Zebre, having to resort to up the jumper rugby to grind out the win.

Glasgow meanwhile with a team full of squad players and youngsters, a scrum half on the wing etc pump the Dragons with relative ease. They had threats across the pitch and showed great cohesion and unity of purpose.

You sound surprised about that Very Happy

BigGee
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by EWT Spoons Mon 19 Feb 2024, 1:45 pm

Edinburgh have signed 20 year old Leicester Tigers lock Rob Carmichael on a three-year deal.

SQ through his Glaswegian dad

EWT Spoons

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 10 of 21 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 15 ... 21  Next