The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Morgan Stoddart and me have two things in common...!

+12
red_stag
Luckless Pedestrian
Peter Seabiscuit Wheeler
Smirnoffpriest
manofgwent
munkian
glamorganalun
ScarletSpiderman
Cymroglan
Shifty
Coleman
maestegmafia
16 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Morgan Stoddart and me have two things in common...! - Page 2 Empty Morgan Stoddart and me have two things in common...!

Post by maestegmafia Wed Jun 29, 2011 8:15 pm

First topic message reminder :

One is that neither of us are able to make it to the Welsh training camp next week in Spala Poland.

Two is that we have both pulled quad muscles, Stoddart in training for the possibility of a space in the Welsh squad for this Septembers Rugby World Cup, Me building a new shed.

Raises the questions we are all thinking regarding the current Welsh Squad, which is who else will get the chop tomorrow? According to various less than reliable sources in article printed in the Western Mail, Adam Jones, Gavin Henson and Shane Williams are all likely to fail the fitness tests that have been taking place at the Vale over the last few days.

Announcement on who is off to Spala tomorrow.

Best Wishes to young Morgan for a swift recovery and I hope he makes the squad. And dont worry about the shed, my wife finished it while i took a bath with lots of Radox.

Last edited by maestegmafia on Wed Jun 29, 2011 8:27 pm; edited 1 time in total

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Morgan Stoddart and me have two things in common...! - Page 2 Empty Re: Morgan Stoddart and me have two things in common...!

Post by The_Hound_of_Harrow Tue Jul 05, 2011 2:03 am

Very good debate, and an interesting read. While a lot of us like to see the young tyros come through (whichever country you support), experience does count at a RWC.

Maesteg - I would suggest rebranding your 'shed' as a chalet. The missus might be inclined to spend more time in there Very Happy

Only joshing.

The_Hound_of_Harrow

Back to top Go down

Morgan Stoddart and me have two things in common...! - Page 2 Empty Re: Morgan Stoddart and me have two things in common...!

Post by maestegmafia Tue Jul 05, 2011 2:13 am

The_Hound_of_Harrow wrote:Very good debate, and an interesting read. While a lot of us like to see the young tyros come through (whichever country you support), experience does count at a RWC.

Maesteg - I would suggest rebranding your 'shed' as a chalet. The missus might be inclined to spend more time in there Very Happy

Only joshing.

Its her shed... she can do her potting and listen to radio three... i have my own shed where ill continue to listen to the rolling stones, john mayall and howlin' wolf...

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Post by ScarletSpiderman Tue Jul 05, 2011 12:04 pm

Good old Gatland the straight forward

Stoddart is injured and not going to Poland
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/rugby_union/welsh/13967697.stm

Halfpenny is injured but is going to Poland
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/rugby_union/welsh/13979682.stm

Stoddart is injured and going to Poland & Tovey is injured and not going to Poland
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/rugby_union/welsh/14023260.stm

Warren Gatland has not got a clue!!

Last edited by ScarletSpiderman on Tue Jul 05, 2011 12:24 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Typo)
ScarletSpiderman
ScarletSpiderman

Back to top Go down

Post by munkian Tue Jul 05, 2011 12:42 pm

Its not really that complicated is it ?

Tovey was picked to go, got injured in training, they think Stoddart can benefit from the sub zero facilities over there for his rehab so they've called him up to replace Tovey

Not rocket science
munkian
munkian

Back to top Go down

Post by ScarletSpiderman Tue Jul 05, 2011 1:31 pm

Munkian - it just seems rather bizarre to me that one minute Stoddart is too injured to travel, and then a few days later he is fit enough to travel.
ScarletSpiderman
ScarletSpiderman

Back to top Go down

Post by ScarletSpiderman Tue Jul 05, 2011 1:35 pm

From BBC 29-06-11 wrote:"Morgan has picked up a strain to the quad muscle in his thigh and will need to be managed over the next couple of weeks," said WRU national medical performance manager Prav Mathema.

"Although the injury is mild, Spala will be an intense training camp and Morgan will not get the maximum benefit out of it with the injury he is carrying.

"We have consulted closely with the Scarlets medical team and concluded the best thing for him is to miss this first trip and get himself right in time for the second one."

From BBC 04-07-11 wrote:"Morgan is doing well and is now up and running again, so his rehabilitation can be improved with use of the cryotherapy chambers here in Poland," added Mathema.

"It therefore makes sense for him to fly out in place of Jason."

I appreciate that there has been almost a week between the two comments, but I can not understand how it can be decided it is in his best interest to stay at home last week, but this week it is in his best interest to travel.
ScarletSpiderman
ScarletSpiderman

Back to top Go down

Post by munkian Tue Jul 05, 2011 1:38 pm

Doesn't say anywhere in the first article that he's too injured to travel dude.

munkian
munkian

Back to top Go down

Post by ScarletSpiderman Tue Jul 05, 2011 2:27 pm

Treu, I guess it is just the way I read it (also my opinion of Gatland's player management with regards to injuiries).
ScarletSpiderman
ScarletSpiderman

Back to top Go down

Post by munkian Tue Jul 05, 2011 3:02 pm

I swear they use live grenades at Welsh training camps, our players always get injured.

I wish theyd stick to actual skills training
munkian
munkian

Back to top Go down

Post by maestegmafia Tue Jul 05, 2011 4:29 pm

ScarletSpiderman wrote:Good old Gatland the straight forward

Stoddart is injured and not going to Poland
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/rugby_union/welsh/13967697.stm

Halfpenny is injured but is going to Poland
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/rugby_union/welsh/13979682.stm

Stoddart is injured and going to Poland & Tovey is injured and not going to Poland
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/rugby_union/welsh/14023260.stm

Warren Gatland has not got a clue!!

I don't think any of this is that bizarre. But I am not physio or doctor.

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Post by welshy824 Tue Jul 05, 2011 9:59 pm

tovey has a nerve problem in his back therefore unable to train, stoddart has recovered (a week of rest and light physio can make the world of difference) and therefore taking him out as a replacement is fine.

I actually think it is something to do with money, i doubt the camp is cheap and therefore if they have booked a certain amount of players to go and one gets injured might aswel replace him and get the full use of the money

welshy824

Back to top Go down

Post by maestegmafia Tue Jul 05, 2011 10:03 pm

welshy824 wrote:tovey has a nerve problem in his back therefore unable to train, stoddart has recovered (a week of rest and light physio can make the world of difference) and therefore taking him out as a replacement is fine.

I actually think it is something to do with money, i doubt the camp is cheap and therefore if they have booked a certain amount of players to go and one gets injured might aswel replace him and get the full use of the money
fair point

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2