The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fantasy Aviva Premiership season 4 homepage

+8
pullthestrings
prop_lyd
Sgt_Pooly
Ozzy3213
SirJohnnyEnglish
LukeLovesLuka
dammit_chris
Driver
12 posters

Page 17 of 20 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18, 19, 20  Next

Go down

Fantasy Aviva Premiership season 4 homepage - Page 17 Empty Fantasy Aviva Premiership season 4 homepage

Post by Driver Thu Sep 22, 2011 11:21 pm

First topic message reminder :

Fantasy Aviva Premiership season 4 homepage - Page 17 Aviva+Premiership+Logo
CAN SOMEONE DO THE LV TABLES FOR ME? TERRIBLE WITH CODING ON THESE THINGS

Fantasy Aviva Premiership season 4 homepage - Page 17 Aviva-Premiership-Trophy-e1306508139154
2010/2011 - Newcastle Falcons
2009/2010 - Saracens
2008/2009 - London Irish

Teams
Bath RFC
InTheFastLane
Exeter Chiefs Driver - RIP 606
Gloucester Anonmattyt
Harlequins
Steven_Sharks
Leicester Tigers
LukeLovesLuka
London Irish
stnick88
London Wasps
Arry
Newcastle Falcons
Sgt_Pooly
Northampton Saints
Dammit_Chris
Sale Sharks
SirJohnnyEnglish
Saracens
LDCPete
Worcester Warriors prop_lyd

Links
Rules
Fixtures
Aviva Premiership League Table
European Homepage
LV Cup homepage
Budgets
Domestic Confirmations
Transfer Homepage
Foreign Transfers
Press Releases

Waiting List
1. Sam
2. pullthestrings
3. Bathite

Last edited by Driver - RIP 606 on Sun Oct 16, 2011 2:31 pm; edited 3 times in total
Driver
Driver

Back to top Go down

Fantasy Aviva Premiership season 4 homepage - Page 17 Empty Re: Fantasy Aviva Premiership season 4 homepage

Post by Sgt_Pooly Thu Oct 13, 2011 10:02 pm

He went off after about 20mins, was a key moment really as Boks had little impact at breakdown after that.

Out for a few weeks with a rib injury, had it before game apparently but risked it

Sgt_Pooly

Back to top Go down

Fantasy Aviva Premiership season 4 homepage - Page 17 Empty Re: Fantasy Aviva Premiership season 4 homepage

Post by Steven_Sharks Thu Oct 13, 2011 10:13 pm

If the Oz backs get some ball then they will score some points. Just depends how good NZ are in attack as to whether they score more. Weepu and Cruden will need to play as well as they ever have in this one.

Steven_Sharks

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Oct 13, 2011 10:16 pm

Kahui big plus for them and nz not a tea
Without mccaw

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Oct 13, 2011 10:24 pm

I have signed the laziest player on the planet in kiyamibole. Has all potential in world hoping glaws
makes him. Learning From burger, hari and ferris will help

Back to top Go down

Post by Steven_Sharks Thu Oct 13, 2011 10:26 pm

Kiya did a lot of carrying for Sale. I'd never really considered him lazy

Steven_Sharks

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Oct 13, 2011 10:27 pm

I read he had done his knee pooly are you sure ?? Big loss.

Personally would rather cruden than slade anyhow as slade looked startled every game. Weepu underrated but does not suit nz plays like a French 9.

Aussie have a serious chance.

France are my wc team now England and boks out. Anyone bar Wales and Nz

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Oct 13, 2011 10:28 pm

Steven he carries loads but neglects other aspects of the game like many islanders. All glitz no work rate. Such a talent just needs diet and work rate

Back to top Go down

Post by Sgt_Pooly Thu Oct 13, 2011 10:29 pm

I fancy Oz I think, Carter is a big loss. The FH issue can't be underestimated.

Slade looked comftable against Arg and knows the moves, massive ask of Cruden. He's a bit more off cuff, could go either way

Sgt_Pooly

Back to top Go down

Post by Sgt_Pooly Thu Oct 13, 2011 10:31 pm

Where's Koya now?

Sgt_Pooly

Back to top Go down

Post by Driver Thu Oct 13, 2011 10:32 pm

Lyon RFc
Driver
Driver

Back to top Go down

Post by Driver Thu Oct 13, 2011 10:44 pm

Brian Moores dream England coaching set up from the telegraph.

Richards or Woodward as head coach
Kirwin - forwards coach
Edwards - defense
Healy backs
Dean Ryan - forwards

What would you guys have?

Mine would be

Jake White - Head coach
Assistant - Dean Richards - install some discipline
Shaun Edwards - defines
Toby Booth\ Rowntree - Forwards
Greenwood backs
Driver
Driver

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Oct 13, 2011 11:07 pm

Why would Kirwan be forwards coach ? Slade looked shaky in first ten of Argie game which is as far as I am. First ball he gets particularly. Carter is so omnipresent he makes any replacement look terrible

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Oct 13, 2011 11:11 pm

For me

Jake White head coach( england are not a fluent side we should play our own game)

Mallinder- assistant
Edwards - defence coach

Conor o shea backs coach

Rugby club dewi picks 6 players to be in
England squad

Seymour , robshaw, robson, barrit, sharples and JJ

Back to top Go down

Post by Steven_Sharks Thu Oct 13, 2011 11:15 pm

Kirwan forwards coach?

as in John Kirwan the former NZ wing?

My choices would be

Head Coach : Johnno
Assistants: Jim Mallinder
Forwards:Graham Rowntree with Dorian West and Neil Back in part time roles.
Backs/Attack: Brian Ashton if they can prize him away from Fylde
Defence: Edwards

Steven_Sharks

Back to top Go down

Post by dammit_chris Thu Oct 13, 2011 11:19 pm

Think they have to try Robshaw now, the backrow needs a complete shakeup - really like the look of the young lad coming through at Quins who is playing 7 at the moment, Luke Wallace. Some talent.

Trouble is because the AP is so much more physical than any other league our youngsters dont get as much gametime as they would do if it was more running rugby etc - so we tend to stop getting players aged between 18-21 breaking through, and then takes them a few years to get to know what it takes to be a top level player. A shame

dammit_chris

Back to top Go down

Post by Sgt_Pooly Thu Oct 13, 2011 11:22 pm

I've always liked Seymour, not sure he has the physicallity to step up further though. Genuine 7 though I guess

Sgt_Pooly

Back to top Go down

Post by Steven_Sharks Thu Oct 13, 2011 11:28 pm

Seymour for me has always been a solid AP player but I've never considered him for England. Tough to think of a better natural 7 who is in better form. Can't see him fitting in a back row with Croft though unless we have the greatest ball carrying 8 the world has ever seen emerge through the ranks.

Steven_Sharks

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Oct 13, 2011 11:29 pm

Good review of mccaw vs pocock on rugby club. Mccaw more clever and has more tricks and agree with that.

I like Seymour but he lacks physicality similar to the older braid from NZ. Younger brother looks cracking and will be above Todd etc.

Nz don't trust Todd hence lack of a back up 7 and playing Thomson even though an out and out 7 suits their game. They were even considering vito at 7 if mccaw injured on nz herald and planet rugby.

Nz so dependent on carter, mccaw and also Thorn who I don't rate but is integral to their game. He gives them balance same as woodcock does

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Oct 13, 2011 11:31 pm

Hazell for years best 7 in Prem and probably was last year. More physical than Seymour and secret to Gloucester success over years. A few caps but for me not an international and also a horrible chap

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Oct 13, 2011 11:33 pm

9 youngs
10??
11 Ashton
12 tuilagi
13 Jj
14 sharples
15 foden

How dangerous if they all mature. Lack of ten startling. Tuilagi will end up 12 I think

Back to top Go down

Post by Steven_Sharks Thu Oct 13, 2011 11:35 pm

England need one or two backrow men to really push on.

Got Wood, Saull, Clark, Fearns, Wallace, Gibson, Gray as well as many who I've missed could nail down a spot with a few good seasons.

Although Croft is a top top player I am starting to get in the opinion he needs to develop another side to his game which is more suited to Winter conditions. England don't play many games in the summer months.

Steven_Sharks

Back to top Go down

Post by Steven_Sharks Thu Oct 13, 2011 11:36 pm

That is electric but I see a problem with the lack of a second kicker. Tuilagi or JJ would really need to develop a kicking game for that backline to work. That's where 36 has a good advantage.

It could well be a straight shoot out between Farrell and Ford for the 10 jersey soon enough

Steven_Sharks

Back to top Go down

Post by Sgt_Pooly Thu Oct 13, 2011 11:43 pm

Flood still way ahead of others, Farrell and more so Ford are miles from Int 10. We just need to go back to basics, we looked quality playing an offloading, high tempo game in the AI and 6N and then reverted back to trying to out muscle sides. I'd like to see:

9. Youngs
10. flood
11. Sharples
12. Barritt
13. Manu
14. Ashton
15. Foden

Sgt_Pooly

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Oct 13, 2011 11:54 pm

Surprisingly your players make your England team pooly. For me flood lacks it at top level and barrit not an International especially now he is not first choice 12 for his club.

10 wide open and Bowden may get 10.

We will have a couple of years of flood as a stop gap which will not work for me.

Youngs has to be left to
Find his form and backed as our number 9. Wc ability

Back to top Go down

Post by stnick88 Thu Oct 13, 2011 11:57 pm

barritt and manu is too one dimensional for me

if you play bowden 10 you need a kicker in the team elsewhere. also he may decide to go back to nz.

stnick88

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Oct 14, 2011 12:11 am

Absolutely nick. I figure jj can get a kicking game the way smith,guscott, little,sella, tindall and many other 13s developed as they matured.

At 13 there is less pressure on the kick and is a great reliever. Jj so similar to guscott gliding pace, great defender, great hands and awareness of space. Hope he does not have his social skills. Bit rich guscott mocking england behaviour. He has admitted to drinking bottles of red before matches and before the wc semi final in 1991 when I was 14 I watched him drunk run up a police car and boot the blue light off. Guy is a clown. England's first pro player. He worked for gas or electricity board whenit was regional Ie sweb swalec etc. Bath got him modelling work so he could train full time and employed him as club steward ie landlord of rec bar. To be fair he is a bath lad thru and thru despite me hating them. Played his junior rugby at Walcott and still helps out there

Back to top Go down

Post by Ozzy3213 Fri Oct 14, 2011 7:57 am

Brian Moore never said Kirwan as forwards coach. He said SCW as Manager/Director of Rugby and Kirwan as head coach.
Ozzy3213
Ozzy3213

Back to top Go down

Post by Driver Fri Oct 14, 2011 8:01 am

Meant head Lol

What about Nallet?
Driver
Driver

Back to top Go down

Post by dammit_chris Fri Oct 14, 2011 8:16 am

Guscott is the biggest idiot going - read him criticise the England lads, who in all honesty havent done anything that other teams at the WC have done, its just that Tindall was stupid enough to do it. As captain he should never have got so smashed, as that brought the media circus in.

In the sapce of two weeks didn't Guscott get drunk and assault an antiques dealer and then the following week get drunk again and get arrested as being drunk and disorderly in Bath - I put that question to him via the BBC, can't believe they didnt ask him for me...

I reckon Brian Blessed should be involved in the English set up some how, he;d give awesome talks to motivate the team.

Hopefully now WC is over we wont pick guys like Cueto (still great player), Tins, Wigglesworth, Moody, Deacon anymore - need to replace these with guys who can change a game.

Johnson has to go as he is far too conservative - look at the gutsy decision Gatland made to trust youth, who'd have ever thought Stephen Jones wouldnt make the bench for a qf of a world cup! We've got just as good young players e.g. Attwood could have taken Deacon's spot, Sharples should have gone instead of Hape.

dammit_chris

Back to top Go down

Post by Sgt_Pooly Fri Oct 14, 2011 9:39 am

Only really brought Barritt in, don't know if somebody is Int class till they're given a shot. Hape was second choice 12 (played 13 outside Barkley all season) so that point means nothing, also Tinds plays more at 13. Watching Hape in prem he looked anything but Int class also.

I really hope Bowden gets nowhere near England, we need to progress our own player base and stop taking on journeyman foreigners.

Sgt_Pooly

Back to top Go down

Post by dammit_chris Fri Oct 14, 2011 9:48 am

Thing is now Pooly with Barritt he's been shifted out to the 13 shirt by Owen Farrell and I dont think he will given a shot by England as his style will be shown up at the next level as it was in the Heineken Cup last year.

We desperately need Twelvetrees to come through properly, I think he has to leave Leicester to get a regular starting spot in the 12 shirt, as he is very similar to Will Greenwood and has an excellent kicking game, but at 22/23 he needs to be playing every game.

If he comes though I can see the England backline being very, very Leicester dominated with Youngs, George Ford, 36 and Tuilagi playing together for next 10 years.

Think Barritt will slip into the Anthony Allen category, good club player but doesnt have any world class attributes to make him an international 12.

dammit_chris

Back to top Go down

Post by Sgt_Pooly Fri Oct 14, 2011 9:56 am

I really don't think 10 is wide open, with Wilko playing in France Flood will be 10. There's nobody else close to his level/experience.

When Flood plays well, England play well. Aus twice, France, Italy he put in world class performances and it's no surprise we played high tempo attacking rugby. He's 26 with 40+ caps, I've always liked Flood think on his day he's a real top draw 10.

This talk of lacking it at the top I don't get as of late 1-15 have lacked it at the top. We don't have many WC players, I can think of worse problem areas than 10.

I wouldn't call it shifted Chris, he's obviously been put there to accommodate Farrell. Farrell couldn't play 13 as he hasn't got that game, Barritt has a bit more gas so can play 12/13. Players don't have to be world class to suit England game plan.

I can see Barritt or JTH maybe coming through at 12, bit early for 36 and I see Farrell as 10. Hape has had his chance and if anything has regressed, I did defend him at first as I thought he'd develop but he just seems to lack a bit of nous maybe.

Sgt_Pooly

Back to top Go down

Post by Sgt_Pooly Fri Oct 14, 2011 10:07 am

Anybody seen any potential 7/8's lately?

I'd like to Callum Clark given a proper position and let he develop there, he's certainly physical enough.

Sgt_Pooly

Back to top Go down

Post by dammit_chris Fri Oct 14, 2011 10:23 am

For me issue with 12s for England are that they have to be picked best to bring the best out of Tuilagi, who could become one of the most dangerous backs in rugby if he is developed properly and has an intelligent 12 next to him.

Barritt - doesnt have one world class aspect of his game and believe he can get outclassed with his game. Very good club player, dont think he could go next level. Doesnt have pace, or distribution skills or kicking game. Solid defender.

JTH - has improved but still very one dimensional, wouldnt compliment Tuilagi at all. Again no kicking game and a lot of moves would stop with him. Do think playing next to Nick Evans makes him better than he is.

Banahan - not even bothering with him...

Hape - shouldnt play for England under Johnson and current backs coaching system, they don't play him properly at all. He's very effective for Bath the way he plays, England dont get runners off him or work on his offloads. No point in playing him. Again no kicking game.

Flutey - if he's on form he is our best no12 without doubt, very good defence, good game management and control and has a kicking game to suit. Just hasnt been on form and always seems to be injured.

Farrell - Lots of potential, a definite 12 and will benefit from playing next to Hodgson. Has got a great passing ability and is probably already best kicking 12 in the AP. Would imagine he will be called into the squad sooner than later.

Allen - a good club player and has looked better and better each season for Tigers, Cockerill thinks he is England's best 12, but again he isnt able to reach the next level in my opinion. Good defensively, more attack minded than say Barritt, but still lacking at highest level as no truly outstanding attibutes.

Waldouck - always injured and more of a 12 - but has shown glimpses at what he could offer to England, runs good lines, defensive leader and a clever player. Passing game would be very beneficial to Tuilagi etc. Think he does have international class, but unsure about his injury record and form, which he hasnt had for 2 years now.

Twelvetrees - could have it all, but doesnt play enough rugby.

Bowden - good player, but I'm with Pooly on this one, shouldnt be looking at foreigners to play for England...

dammit_chris

Back to top Go down

Post by stnick88 Fri Oct 14, 2011 10:25 am

Flood will be 10 for England until Ford or Farrell steps up which will take years.

stnick88

Back to top Go down

Post by dammit_chris Fri Oct 14, 2011 10:26 am

Ben Nutley, Callum Clark are both potential 7's at Saints, its worth keeping a look on Chris Walker at Leeds, he's got some potential and getting game time in the Championship. I really like the look of Jake Abbott too, wouldnt be surprised if Tigers or someone picked him up.

Think England no7 should be Wood or Robshaw now though, Haskell is unavailable for a year - should just drop Moody as he wont last. Think Croft is in danger of getting dropped too.

dammit_chris

Back to top Go down

Post by Sgt_Pooly Fri Oct 14, 2011 10:32 am

Barritt has a excellent kicking game Chris, and very good distribution skills. I just can't agree on those points. I'd also say he has World class defence (Although hard to call anybosy world class at anything until they've played at the top level).

Thats kind of my point, we don't know how these lads will go until we give them a shot. Hape was really poor in the AP when he got picked and looked a different player when he put on the white jersey.

I'd like to see Barritt or JTh given a shot in the 6N, thats just my opinion. I don't think Farrell is best suited to 12 but you never know he might work really well outside Flood.....does he have any kind of running game though?

Tuilagi/JJ or Lowe would be an re\lly intersting combo too, not sure it's a little early for those two yet esp JJ.

Sgt_Pooly

Back to top Go down

Post by stnick88 Fri Oct 14, 2011 10:40 am

Wouldnt go as far to say Barritt has an excellent kicking game.
His best assets are his strength, power and defence. Is a good strong runner. His hands arent as poor as people make out but he's not the type of 12 to send runners through gaps.

stnick88

Back to top Go down

Post by dammit_chris Fri Oct 14, 2011 10:46 am

Barritt's distribution and kicking game is nothing compared to Allen's and Allen doesn't have either good enough to be an international. Can't see it in Barritt, wouldnt work playing next to Tuilagi I dont think.

Our backline needs to be built around Tuilagi and one that can unlock Foden and Ashton - again Barritt or JTH arent that player.

Farrell is defintitely a 12, he plays 10 as a 12 - he isnt a natural 10 at all, he only played there a few games before last season and is now back in his natural position after pushing Barritt out of the starting 12 shirt.

dammit_chris

Back to top Go down

Post by Sgt_Pooly Fri Oct 14, 2011 10:52 am

"Barritt's distribution and kicking game is nothing compared to Allen's and Allen doesn't have either good enough to be an international"

That is a complete myth Chris. Allen 9/10 takes it into contact or attacks the line whilst Barritt will pass. I had the stats from last season and they were along the lines of:

.........................Barritt Allen
Completed passes 1200 600
Offloads Barritt had twice as many

Allen had many more runs for example, I'll have to dig them out. It was interesting reading really. Ask any Leicester fan and they'll not big up Allen's distribution as he much more of a run first type of player.

I'd like a 12 to have some sort of running game though, not seen that from Farrell at all tbh, thats why I think he suits 10 more.

Sgt_Pooly

Back to top Go down

Post by stnick88 Fri Oct 14, 2011 10:55 am

Agree Allen isnt a distributing 12 either, he runs alot and takes the contact.

stnick88

Back to top Go down

Post by dammit_chris Fri Oct 14, 2011 11:11 am

Pooly, you can't compare stats like that in rugby because Saracens pack dominated every single game and got their backs so much ball compared to any other, yet I dont think they scored that many tries...

dammit_chris

Back to top Go down

Post by Sgt_Pooly Fri Oct 14, 2011 11:17 am

Leciester have a pretty strong pack Chris. Strong pack or not that the stats don't lie mate, Barritt had the most completed passes and offloads of any 12, the myth he has poor distribution is a myth. He played at 10 in the Super 14, you don't have POOR distribution and pull of a season at 10 in the S14.

I'd agree that it's not magical ala Cooper but he's as good as any other 12 in the country. Prob only 36 I've seen as better. I'd even settle if you said decent lol.....he's just not got poor distributiuon

Sgt_Pooly

Back to top Go down

Post by dammit_chris Fri Oct 14, 2011 11:23 am

pooly I'd have the most passes in the AP if I played 12 for Saracens...

if you compare him to top level distributers then he does have poor distribution in comparison - that's not the case in the AP, its just when you take players up that next level e.g. he really struggled in HC last year.

I think he's a good player, just not convinced he is internatioanl class and would make an impact for England.

dammit_chris

Back to top Go down

Post by Sgt_Pooly Fri Oct 14, 2011 11:29 am

Cool mate, I think he may have the game to shine along with 36 and JTH. He was anything but poor in HC though, sure he won motm in one away game and remember him scoring a great try away to Racing Metro.

The point with the stats is he obvioulsy looks to pass rather than take on contact, which isn't the case with all 12's. I don't understand why you think playing behind a strong pack means you pass more, JDV is renound for taking the ball into contact, similar with Wynard Oliver and they tend to play behind very strong packs.

Sgt_Pooly

Back to top Go down

Post by Sgt_Pooly Fri Oct 14, 2011 11:59 am

Just watching Aus/SA match again. Pocock, Horwill and Burger were superb. Burger's work rate was right up there.

I feel for SA as the breakdown was a mess, Pocock was not releasing in the tackle but played the ref really well.

Cooper was terrible, all of flaws came out and he's really not the right option in such a tight game. Steve, I bet you're hoping for a biggie from him in the semi's!

Sgt_Pooly

Back to top Go down

Post by dammit_chris Fri Oct 14, 2011 12:21 pm

Whose been WC playing of the tournament so far? I'd say Warburton, never thought he'd be this good!

Also have predictions opened? Will do my this afternoon.

dammit_chris

Back to top Go down

Post by Sgt_Pooly Fri Oct 14, 2011 12:27 pm

I'd go Nonu or Kaino

Sgt_Pooly

Back to top Go down

Post by stnick88 Fri Oct 14, 2011 12:36 pm

Kaino or Warburton for me.
Stevens for flop of the tournament.

stnick88

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Oct 14, 2011 1:14 pm

Burger, warbs, roussouw, kaino, nonu, kahui gorgidze all in with a shout for player of tournament

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 17 of 20 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18, 19, 20  Next